PDA

View Full Version : Paradorn Srichapan or Srichapan Paradorn?

E. Blackadder
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:18 PM
It seems to be that Paradorn is actually his last name.
From where the confusion? In Thailand they have the habit to write their last name always first, so Srichapan is his first name and not Paradorn ;) :p :eek:

Josh
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:21 PM
We already had this thread a few days ago. ;)

Anyway, his father is called Chanachai Srichaphan so his last name is in fact Srichaphan but in Thailand it's written Srichaphan Paradorn.

E. Blackadder
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:22 PM
whoops my mistake :o

I just read that somewhere :wavey:

Messenger
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:22 PM
Yes, and I would think that the reason why Tamarine's name isn't like that is because she was born in America.

But then again, why don't they invert it during tennis matches? They do that for all the Hungarian players, whose first names are Mandula, Kuti Kis etc. No matter where his surname comes, it should always be "game Paradorn" (assuming that Paradorn is his surname, of course)

Messenger
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:23 PM
Oh I see, so it's fine. Srichapan is her surname, just placed differently in Thailand.

E. Blackadder
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Caesar's Messenger
Oh I see, so it's fine. Srichapan is her surname, just placed differently in Thailand.

Ahum, Paradorn is a male player ;) :o

gentenaire
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:57 PM
If Srichapan is his surname, they have to say "game Srichapan"

Messenger
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Exactly. That's the inversion rule, all the Hungarian and Asian players are inverted.

I know Para's a guy, must have been a typo :o

rhz
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:07 PM
nope Paradorn is his first name , not all Asians have reverse name, only Chinese and Korean names have that rule. the others are the same as the rest of the world.

Messenger
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:23 PM
But apparently Hungarians follow that rule as well, which is probablybecause they have Asian origins.

niratti
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:18 PM
in Thailand, people write first name then followed by last name so in Thailand it'll be:

Mr. Paradorn(first name) Srichaphan(last name)

as well as Tammy case

Miss Tamarine(first name) Tanasugarn(last name)

And Thai people always call others by their first name!!