PDA

View Full Version : Take this LA Masters!

E. Blackadder
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:06 PM
http://www.sport.be/proximusdiamondgames/inbeeld/2/images/foto10.jpg

a full stadium of people (approx. 12000) attending the tournament in Antwerp :wavey:

Serendy Willick
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:08 PM
And some awesome lighting too!

Vincent
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:08 PM
The colour of the ground is odd:eek:

XMan
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:20 PM
It's the colour of the sponsor

MarcusRock
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:24 PM
LOL @ the person who paid for that seat the picture was taken from.

Glenn
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:26 PM
I'm going to that tournament next year!!! :D

RAA
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:00 PM
wow, that's amazing. thats a tier III, no? not totally sure, regardless, its a great turnout for a tourney where basically none of the top 20 are playing (or close to it)
its totally pathetic what is happening in LA. the ticket prices clearly priced most everyone out.

wongqks
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:04 PM
RAA it is a tier two and Justine and Venus was playing, but looking at the field it is amazing even the first few rounds is at least half full, my guess is that it is a final. Well I think belgium would be great to host year end champ coz of Kim and Justine right now, but in practical term, we can't just say shift and they will shift, I am sure there are technical problem (eg sponsor problem)

E. Blackadder
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by RAA
wow, that's amazing. thats a tier III, no? not totally sure, regardless, its a great turnout for a tourney where basically none of the top 20 are playing (or close to it)
its totally pathetic what is happening in LA. the ticket prices clearly priced most everyone out.

Antwerp is a Tier II and had a good field IMO
It was the most attended indoor tournament this year and that for a first edition :eek:
prices weren't cheap eather as I could tell from my wallet ;)

Entry list (with ranks from then)
1. Venus Williams (#2)
2. Justine Henin (#7)
3. Amelie Mauresmo (#8)
4. Jelena Dokic (#9)
5. Sylvia Farina-Elia (#13)
6. Magdalena Maleeva (#16)
7. Anne Kremer (#26)
8. Daniela Hantuchova (#27) :eek:

wongqks
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:05 PM
unless WTA tour is prepare to lower the money purse for year end champ coz frankly, sponsorship will not throw that much money to host an event ina small country no matter how popular it is