PDA

View Full Version : Today it's Serena's turn to praise Monica

mishar
Nov 8th, 2002, 03:50 PM
Q. Have you come here with that focus?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I don't think I was focused enough tonight. I think I could have zeroed in on a few more shots. I think I made way too many errors today. I don't like to use that as an excuse.
Monica Seles, whenever she lays off for a while, she comes back and wins and keeps winning. I try, when I'm off for a while, I think about her. If she can do it, I think I can do it, too.

TSequoia01
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Both Sisters have never had anything but admiration and praise for Monica. One reason most Williams' fans are also fans of Monica. Not the only one though, it is hard not to adore Monica Seles. :cool:

mishar
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Yes, and Monica has never uttered one negative word about Venus or Serena.

I know that Serena loved Monica when she was a little girl and Monica was #1. It's sweet to hear her say that she still uses her as an inspiration.

Go Serena and Monica!

wongqks
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:07 PM
yeah it is so cool to see them like Monica so much, I think Serena and Venus learn to fight like Monica when they are young, and Monica should also ealrn from Venus and Serena, and that is belieing yourself to be the top

Monica_Rules
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Its good to see they are always so nice to eachother its totally mutual!

Playa
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:35 PM
Funny that you mentioned that Tsequoi .
MOST of the Williams fans were Monica's Fans
Actually I started following Women tennis when I first saw Monica battling Grafs at the R.G Open
I was pulling for her ,and became her greatest fan ...till
God send us the Messiah .

anyway , I followed the french TV5 news this Morning and martina gave an interview to "l'equipe" news paper in wich she said that , she gonna retire from Tennis.
she mentioned her injury and the sister being too strong for her to handle.

Dunno ,maybe some French Posters would give more details

Where is Davheed were we need Him?

regards
:cool:

Serendy Willick
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Playa
Funny that you mentioned that Tsequoi .
MOST of the Williams fans were Monica's Fans
Actually I started following Women tennis when I first saw Monica battling Grafs at the R.G Open
I was pulling for her ,and became her greatest fan ...till
God send us the Messiah .

anyway , I followed the french TV5 news this Morning and martina gave an interview to "l'equipe" news paper in wich she said that , she gonna retire from Tennis.
she mentioned her injury and the sister being too strong for her to handle.

Dunno ,maybe some French Posters would give more details

Where is Davheed were we need Him?

regards
:cool:

Youre lying right?!!!

Playa
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:47 PM
about what?
the Monica's part? which is true
and the Hingis' part wich also true.
BTW the Hingis's Part was a feed from the Swiss' broadcasting Tv.

Serendy Willick
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:48 PM
So youre telling me that Hingis is retiring?

Playa
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:56 PM
That what she "explicitly said " accordind to the news
but I haven't read the whole article .
it was from yesterday .
that's why i said maybe some French posters would give us more details.

Kart
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Nice words from Serena :hearts:.

Dawn Marie
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Serena an Venus and Monica are soooooooooo classy.:)

CC
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:56 PM
Monica lovefest, huh?

gweeny
Nov 8th, 2002, 08:01 PM
Ofcourse Venus and Serena will be nice to the likes of Monica and Kim Clijsters. If you are nice and cordial to others, they should return the favor.

Yes, I am a williams fan who is also a fan of Kim and Monica. If the Williams sisters are not winning, then I hope Kim and Monica are.

Pureracket
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:14 PM
I hope Monica is nice enough to Venus to let her win the match tonight. That Monica, always the sweetie pie:)

oggie
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:22 PM
It's so nice to see that both sisters respect Monica. I was not really a big fan of either Williams initially, but now they are my favourites after Monica, partially because they showed so much respect to Seles.

mishar
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:51 AM
clocker, it is really so generous of venus to let monica win tonight. she is really and truly a sweetheart!!! ;-)

Sam L
Nov 9th, 2002, 04:19 AM
That's nice :)

Monica defied convention (though in a very different way) some 10 years before the sisters did and Venus and Serena have continued that. The sport is different because of them :)