PDA

View Full Version : Navratilova will be playing doubles next year and doesn't exclude some singles...

babsi
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Navratilova kommt vom Tennis nicht los

Los Angeles - Martina Navratilova scheint vom Tennis nicht genug zu bekommen. Die 46-Jährige US-Amerikanerin hat angekündigt, auch in der kommenden Saison auf der Tour dabei zu sein.

Sie werde sich auf Doppel-Konkurrenzen konzentrieren, schließe aber vereinzelte Teilnahmen an Einzel-Turnieren nicht aus, sagte die gebürtige Tschechoslowakin. Martina Navratilova, die in ihrer imposanten Karriere 167 Einzel- und 165 Doppel-Titel gewonnen hat, war 1994 zurückgetreten und hatte im Jahre 2000 ihr Comeback gegeben.

From sport1.at

Iconoclast
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:08 PM
The Keith Richards of tennis.

SM
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:13 PM
I hope she plays Sydney so i can see her play for the first time cos ive only seen snippets..

Beat
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Iconoclast
The Keith Richards of tennis.

yeah. without the drugs. presumably.

ColinB
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:05 PM
who is she playing doubles with? Ira? Leizel Huber?

Mattographer
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:30 PM
Iroda Tulyaganova

ColinB
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:58 PM
Thats good - I like Ira - I hope they can have some success - they could make a good combination - Ira's power and serve coupled with Martina's doubles expertise and court sense...

I hope that playing with Martina, Ira can get inspired to come back to the top 20... where she belongs...

"Topaz"
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:17 AM
Navratilova will be playing doubles next year and doesn't exclude some singles...

Intriguing time, specially when you consider Hingis is talking about quiting.

ChrisGermany
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Is it for real she plays with Tulyaganova ?

That´s definetly something to watch out for. It seems by the way that with Arantxa´s plans and Kim Po´s retirement, there´ll be lots of new combinations.