PDA

View Full Version : Why don't you play POM?

hingis-seles
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Hi!!!

POM stands for Poster of the Month and it is a game played on these boards. Now I know, most of you play atleast one of the various games in the Games forum.

I just want to know why you don't play POM?

You should definitely try it out. It's an amazing game run by Deftman, who does an excellent job of running it. I've been a participant twice and though I've never won, I have always had a great time.

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

:cool: :wavey:

jacs
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:14 AM
ditto!

kfh_9118
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:33 AM
I'll try it someday, for now, just don't have much time surfing the internet, and I know we need a lot of spare time to play this game :)

But I really enjoy reading all the competitions though :)

Nov 8th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Never been to the games forum...I should check it out

Persian
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Deftman sent me a pm wanting me to play it, it sounds like a well made up and organized game, but I am rarely on the internet and not on every day so it's a big hard and time consuming at the present moment.

I might join another time:)

wongqks
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:43 AM
It is nice of you Hingis-seles,
I know deftman through POM and he is such a nice person, I know he put in a lot of work in POM, and although he doesn't feel to be paying off, he must know it is so appreciated, looking at the no. of reads, I feel there must have a lot of people reading but not playing, believe me, as a contestant, you don't need to spent that much time (well the first three round in total took me less than an hour) final around is restricted to 10 mins anyway.

If you have time, the judging is really good, and I admit that takes commitment, but if there are more people participate, then more judge can be used, if that is teh case, then we can always ask someone to take your place at a judge for that round, should you not available that day.

I know TC may not have that much time on internet anymore, but he is to run again, I hope people can give it a try

2ace2
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Yeah, the game is really different from the others. And that's what the board needs, there are like 15 games based on the same rules, but POM is different and a lot of fun everytime you play!
:D

hingis-seles
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:29 PM
POM is lots of fun. It keeps you guessing and isn't as time consuming as many believe.

hingis-seles
Nov 9th, 2002, 10:43 PM
How about it?

Why don't you try POM?!

:wavey: