PDA

View Full Version : Everything Richard Williams Predicted Is True!!

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 08:46 AM
1-Venus and Serena playing each other in grand slam finals.
2-Venus and Serena #1.
3-Serena becoming better than Venus (or at least winning more)
4-Them becoming milliionaires.

Congrats to Richard! :wavey:
http://www.venustennis.com/us001.jpg

tennisIlove09
Nov 8th, 2002, 08:48 AM
Richard is great!

wave
Nov 8th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Yes it became true. Congrats to all three of them! :)

One thing. When they started or even before they started I remember that reporters said during tennis broadcasts that Richard (and others) predicted they would be no. 1 and 2 and playing in (all) the Slam finals in two years. I hope that I got it right. I think that it took a little bit longer... But let's not be too critical ;)

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 08:55 AM
they avoided the grand slams and focused on school and family and religion so it was impossible they found out to be the best playing part time.

nander
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:09 AM
What's with the focus on religion bit?
What about them suggests they focus on religion?
Certainly not their dress or demeanour on or off court.
I am not suggesting that they should but rather that they don't appear to me to do so.

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:20 AM
I'm not going to get into a disussion about religion since this is a tennis board. Religion is something that is individual I think. But I will say Venus and Serena both are Jehovah's Witnesses. And they are playing a sport so what so you want them to wear? A nun's habit? :rolleyes:

hingis-seles
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:21 AM
When Serena won the US Open in 1999 Richard predicted that Venus would win 2 Slams next year and Hingis said she would win the Grand Slam next year.

However, he also predicted that Serena would "kick her ass coming and going" when she took on Martina at the Acura Classic in 1998. Hingis won 6-4,6-1.

He also predicted that all Venus had to do to win was "show up" at the TIG Tennis Classic when she played Martina Hingis in the 1999 final. Apparently, she didn't. Hingis won 6-4,6-0.

He also predicted an all-Williams final at the 1999 US Open. Again, Hingis proved him wrong.

Not everything....but close enough!!! ;)

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:26 AM
he was joking when he said those things. he also said he was "talking with some Japanese people" about buying the Rockafellar Plaza. Did you take those comments seriously?

hingis-seles
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:33 AM
He wasn't joking about the "All-Williams final in 1999 at the US Open".

And joking or serious, he did predict it didn't he? ;)

Steffica Greles
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Anton: I see. We're supposed to take everything Richard predicted that has come true as him being psychic, while disregarding his many wrong predictions and insulting comments as jokes? I get ya.

I think Richard will like this game.

nander
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:37 AM
It is probably not worth it to continue this ...
However, there is a big difference between a cat suit and a nun's outfit. Also, the magazine fashion layouts are hardly representing tennis clothing!
I enjoy and support their tennis (note I did not say I am a fan---that seems to describe a person and attitudes I would rather not be or have). It's just that I don't like when religion is thrown into these things, often times it seems, inappropriately and without sufficient thought.

Nov 8th, 2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by hingis-seles
When Serena won the US Open in 1999 Richard predicted that Venus would win 2 Slams next year and Hingis said she would win the Grand Slam next year.

However, he also predicted that Serena would "kick her ass coming and going" when she took on Martina at the Acura Classic in 1998. Hingis won 6-4,6-1.

He also predicted that all Venus had to do to win was "show up" at the TIG Tennis Classic when she played Martina Hingis in the 1999 final. Apparently, she didn't. Hingis won 6-4,6-0.

He also predicted an all-Williams final at the 1999 US Open. Again, Hingis proved him wrong.

Not everything....but close enough!!! ;)

He just has a lot of confidence in his daughters. There's nothing wrong with that

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:48 AM
:rolleyes: Hello! Why do people rush to put down certain players? Melanie Molitar has made some inapproiate statments so why do you rush to Richard?

And nobody wears robes and sheets anymore. This is 2002, ok?

hingis-seles
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:49 AM
I never said it's wrong. He has every reason to have a lot of confidence in his daughters. However, I was just pointing out some of his predictions which did not come true.

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Melanie Molitar predicted that Steffi Graf was "physically spent" but who beat who in the 1999 French Open and who was booed off the court?

hingis-seles
anton, Melanie hardly ever speaks to the press. What did she say?

I never said it's wrong. He has every reason to have a lot of confidence in his daughters. However, I was just pointing out some of his predictions which did not come true.

...but that's just my point, I don't see them as real predictions. It's just him showing his support. It's just a coincidence that Serena and Venus are good enough to win most of the time

hingis-seles
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:00 AM
A prediction is when you speak of something that will happen in the future. If you say someone is physically spent,you are just speaking of their current physical condition. Melanie may have been wrong about Steffi's physical state but she didn't predict anything. She just commented on Steffi's physical state.

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Steffica Greles
Anton: I see. We're supposed to take everything Richard predicted that has come true as him being psychic, while disregarding his many wrong predictions and insulting comments as jokes? I get ya.

I think Richard will like this game.

This thread is about the comment Richard made back in 1985-1995 before Venus and Serena turned pro. People said he was crazy and a nut. But who has the last laugh?

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:03 AM
A prediction is when you speak of something that will happen in the future. If you say someone is physically spent,you are just speaking of their current physical condition. Melanie may have been wrong about Steffi's physical state but she didn't predict anything. She just commented on Steffi's physical state.

Melanie also said that Lindsay Davenport was better than Venus and Serena.

Newflash: If you move slow it does not matter how cleanly you strike the ball.

wave
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:06 AM
untitled: I disagree. Of course he wanted to support his daughters by saying these things. But I think that he believed in them and that was obviously right.

anton: You started this thread about Richard W.'s predictions. Now as we found out that some of them became true and some other not, you want to tell us those which didn't come true were jokes and the others "knowledge"???:rolleyes:
And then you go on with bringing Melanie Molitor in this thread? It was a thread about Richard, and compared to other threads about him, it was a rather positive thread. You can't compare Richard to Melanie in terms of predictions, because Richard loves to give them, Melanie not. As far as I know she seldomly gives interviews. The "predictions" you wrote that she said fit better to Martina. But maybe you can show us the interviews in which Melanie should have said so. In the current years Melanie tends to say bad thing about Martina and no one else...
Anyway: Stay with Richard and don't bring other people in this thread, please...:cool:

hingis-seles
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:07 AM
What time period did Melanie say Lindsay was better than Venus and Serena?

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:13 AM
when hingis was #1 and Lindsay #2.

hingis-seles
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Then obviously Lindsay was better than Venus and Serena. If she's #2, it means she's better than everyone except #1(Martina!!!).

Again, when she said Lindsay was better than the Sisters, that wasn't a prediction but an opinion she was stating.

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Lindsay was playing more tournaments so she got more points. If you look at Lindsay Davenport-Serena Williams head to head, you will see Lindsay never had any advantage over Serena and Lindsay will admit to such. Venus on the other hand had a forehand that Lindsay attacked but now it is better.

hingis-seles
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:56 AM
IMO, Serena was always better than Lindsay. But you're missing the point.

Melanie never made any predictions. Her coment about Lindsay is not a "prediction" but an "opinion".

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:01 PM
thats ok but you are missing my point too. I am speaking of comments Richard made before venus and Serena turned pro. See the top of this thread. Nothing in there is after they turned pro.

hingis-seles
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:05 PM
The title of this thread is "Everything Richard Williams Predicted Is True". Everything. Everything, would include all time periods wouldn't it, since the title doesn't specify that nor does the original message.

Uxobi
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:45 PM
A prediction is also an opinion! DUH!!!!! "I believe" "I predict" "This will happen"

Fact: Venus and Serena are #1 and #2 in the world. They have faced each other in numerous grand slam finals. #3 They are super rich. 4. They have been better tennis players that the rest for quite some time now. 5. Many people still refuse to admit that Venus and Serena are the best.

wave
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Uxobi: Being German and not English/American I still disagree:
A prediction has to be on the future
An opinion don't necessarily has to be on the future.

Example: Richard PREDICTED some years ago, that the sisters will become multiple GS-champions...
Following anton, Melanie told her OPINION that Lindsay would be better (then) as Venus and Serena.

You see?

BTW: I don't want to say that Melanies opinion was right or not. And we know that some/most of Richards prediction became true...
:angel:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:38 PM
Hello! Why do people rush to put down certain players? Melanie Molitar has made some inapproiate statments so why do you rush to Richard?

You posted at thread regarding his predictions, which leaves people open to point out the ones that he made which were incorrect. What does Melanie have to do with ANY of that? Silly me, I thought the thread was about Richard's predictions....

And nobody wears robes and sheets anymore. This is 2002, ok?

Correction. SOME parts of the world, they do indeed wear these things.

Alright, my job here is done :D

Iconoclast
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Uxobi
Many people still refuse to admit that Venus and Serena are the best.
Where are these "many people"?

I have some WorldCom stock to sell.

Serena y Monica
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:59 PM
Let's see Nander

If you love God you can't wear a cat suit? You can't go out with friends? What else does loving God exclude for you?

Perhaps we should leave discerning of hearts to God and just take a person at their word when they say he is 1st in their life.

hingis-seles
Nov 8th, 2002, 03:47 PM
Uxobi, a prediction and an opinion are two different things. I suggest you look them up in a dictionary.

And regarding the "many people" who refuse to admit that Venus and Serena are the best, they are clearly fools. I haven't come across a single person who thinks that Venus and Serena aren't the best.

nander
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Surely you are not unaware that Jehovah's Witnesses have very strict rules that they intend fior their members to live by. What you wear and how you deport your self is part of it.
I am not a witness and do not share their views but in fact I have discussed some of their views with their followers. Generally they are unshakeable.
I don't even know about this loving of God external to one's self that is...hopefully God is in all of us and in all other creations.

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Serena y Monica
Let's see Nander

If you love God you can't wear a cat suit? You can't go out with friends? What else does loving God exclude for you?

Perhaps we should leave discerning of hearts to God and just take a person at their word when they say he is 1st in their life.

great post!

and to rebecca concerning the robes and sheets, this was meant for most modern people, not those who have beliefs and practises that mirror the past.

and if Hingis fans are gonna trash Richard who is Venus' coach, then I think Melanie who is Martina's coach is fair game in order to make certain points.

But the bigger issue is I think in spite of having the 2 best players in the world, many people refuse to give Richard Williams any sort of credit whereas they were quick to praise Melanie.

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by nander
Surely you are not unaware that Jehovah's Witnesses have very strict rules that they intend fior their members to live by. What you wear and how you deport your self is part of it.
I am not a witness and do not share their views but in fact I have discussed some of their views with their followers. Generally they are unshakeable.
I don't even know about this loving of God external to one's self that is...hopefully God is in all of us and in all other creations.

If Michael Jackson can make the Thiller video and sing about demonsm then they can play tennis in sporty outfits. Also Serena has a great body and would be a fool not to capitalize from it as is Kournikova milking her looks so two can play at this game.

Venus Forever
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:29 PM
The title of this thread is "Everything Richard Williams Predicted Is True". Everything. Everything, would include all time periods wouldn't it, since the title doesn't specify that nor does the original message.

All this on the word EVERYTHING?!?!:rolleyes:

You're looking way too much into every word. He posted what came true, so why do you have to dispute it with other predictions?:rolleyes:

hingis-seles
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:35 PM
Firstly, just because I don't completely agree with a comment doesn't mean I'm "trashing" someone. I did provide valid quotes and instances. I do credit Richard Williams for producing the world's 2 best female tennis players, but as far as his predictions go, he isn't exactly Miss Cleo.

ScHeMeE, the thread said everything Richard predicted is true. I felt it's only fair that I provide what he predicted wrong.q

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:45 PM
hs, you are still missing the point of this thread. it is really for williams fans but I should haven known non-fans could not stay out.

Dawn Marie
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:46 PM
Why are chickenheads in here trying their best to put a negative on this thread? Wtf does this have to do with religion? Alot of the girls wear sexy outfits and go to bed with their rosary's under the pillow.

a bunch of chickenheads.:)

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:48 PM
go venus against monica tonight!! :)

hingis-seles
Nov 8th, 2002, 08:41 PM
Anton, if this was supposed to be a thread for Williams fans only, you should have specified in the title. However, if you make the title "Everything Richard Williams predicted is true" and some disagree, don't expect them to not post their views. After all, this is a message board.

I am getting really confused, first you said Richard was joking, then you said that Melanie had also made incorrect predictions and when they were proven to be statements and opinions, you turned around and said this thread is for williams fans only. What next?

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:35 PM
I didnt "turn around" and say anything. If you have something to say about Richard's 1985-1995 comments then have a go at it. Otherwise move on.

hingis-seles
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:22 PM
What's up with the 1985-1995 comments? That's not what was said in the original post.

:rolleyes:

anton
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:44 PM
sorry, I assumed Williams fans would figure this out for themselves. and since you insist on posting in here, do you have anything to say positive about Richard?

Rae Q.
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:03 PM
Lol@Dawn. I really don't think they know what chickenheads are. :o

hingis-seles
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:02 AM
Anton, next time don't assume. If you read my previous posts, I have on more than one ocassion posted positive things about Richard Williams and have even mentioned a prediction of his which came true and one of Martina Hingis' which didn't. But obviously, all most posters can look for is anything that is not positive and then say that I am spoiling a "williams" thread by trying to put a negative tone on it.

Also, I'd like to add that everything that I have posted, positive or negative in whoever's eyes, is true.

Pureracket
Nov 9th, 2002, 02:11 AM
hingis-Seles,

Your signature is too long. I have to press the page down button for a long time after reading your wonderful posts.

anton
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:41 AM
it used to be longer

hingis-seles
Nov 9th, 2002, 11:40 PM
I'm sorry to have troubled you, Clocker!

Poor anton had to put up with the longer version before I made it smaller. I can't think of a way to keep all the content and yet make it smaller.

Open to suggestions.

:D

Playa
Nov 10th, 2002, 01:07 AM
My suggestion to you is to adopt a 2 line signature.
You have to learn how to make sacrifices in life or you're doomed.

Like clocker said, I allways have to press Page-Down to bypass your sig.

It's very "irritating"