PDA

View Full Version : Stay on Topic Please

Rollo
Aug 25th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Hello there fellow Blasters......

This is a friendly reminder to STAY ON TOPIC in a thread. Having been guilty myself, I realize it is easy to get sidetracked in a thread and go off track. When this starts to happen there are two options:

1. See if another thread already exists on the subject. Search here in the Thread Finder:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=295765

2. Start a new thread.

The debate developing in the 1986 French thread was good-natured enough and interesting, but it was

:topic: !!!!!!

Poor Preacherfan saw his thread group-jacked. I ended up merging his thread (forgive me PF) with an older one.

I realize no one meant any harm,. Rollo is not pointing fingers at any one person-after all, he's been "guilty' himself. But lets try to avoid this in future.

Thanks all.:)

daze11
Aug 25th, 2011, 04:02 AM

This is a friendly reminder to STAY ON TOPIC in a thread. Having been guilty myself, I realize it is easy to get sidetracked in a thread and go off track. When this starts to happen there are two options:

1. See if another thread already exists on the subject. Search here in the Thread Finder:

2. Start a new thread.

The debate developing in the 1986 French thread was good-natured enough and interesting, but it was

Poor Preacherfan saw his thread group-jacked. I ended up merging his thread (forgive me PF) with an older one.

I realize no one meant any harm,. Rollo is not pointing fingers at any one person-after all, he's been "guilty' himself. But lets try to avoid this in future.

but his initial thread post was about the 1986 french final -- the end of the evert/navratilova rivalry... and the the start of steffi & bye bye chrissie... ??

So it didnt feel off topic because there wasnt much OF a topic, other than saying "Yeah that sure was a dart of a passing shot at 5-3 in the 3rd!" :lol:

not sure what else could be said... but it was about the rivalry of CE & MN + the implications of Graf. At least thats what i thought it was :) Hope it was not too distracting!

tennisvideos
Aug 31st, 2011, 12:00 PM

2. Start a new thread.

Hello Rollo.

I have learnt a good lesson about posting threads that relate more to personal issues than tennis. I certainly didn't expect to be attacked as I was. But it is a good learning experience.

It just reinforces for me the reason why I come to these threads in the first place - to talk TENNIS. Not get involved in the private business of the players and judging them. Although it just shocks me how judgemental many posters can be. It's almost enough to turn me away from these boards but hopefully my love for tennis and it's history outweighs anything others can throw at me (or my favourite players).

BTW - can you tell me what the ignore user feature does? I have used it for the first time but am not sure how it works? Does it just block Private messages?

PS: Keep up the great work with the BTFP. It's people like you who make this a great place to visit. :)

hingis-seles
Sep 1st, 2011, 08:56 AM
I'm loving the discussions on Chrissie and the gals' love for some Maryjane. ;)

Rollo
Sep 1st, 2011, 03:07 PM
Hello Rollo.

I have learnt a good lesson about posting threads that relate more to personal issues than tennis (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=443590#). I certainly didn't expect to be attacked as I was. But it is a good learning experience.

I'm glad you can find something positive in the experience Tennis Videos. A good part of me wished I had a cattle prod that could travel through cyberspace and zap posters with an electric shock followed by "Be Nice"! Maybe I been watching too much of Tootsie.

Is is that hard to disagree and debate in adult manner?

It just reinforces for me the reason why I come to these threads in the first place - to talk TENNIS. Not get involved in the private business of the players and judging them. Although it just shocks me how judgemental many posters can be.

:worship: for your sentiments here

As far as people being judgemental-I wish I could say I still get shocked, but after almost 10 years here jadedness has set in. My nightmare is I'll be 90 and still breaking up childish fighting over Graf-Seles. There's somethnig almost comical in that horrific thought:tape::lol:

It's almost enough to turn me away from these boards but hopefully my love for tennis and it's history outweighs anything others can throw at me (or my favourite players).

Please don't go. As I tell many posters, "take a break, but always come back."

You're valued beyond words TV. :hug:

When I finally retire and get go to the Land Down Under one January that dress collection of yours is on my "to do" list, and your video archive better by open

BTW - can you tell me what the ignore user feature does? I have used it for the first time but am not sure how it works? Does it just block Private messages?

Don't laugh-because I can't ignore anyone I'm fairly ignorant about what the ignore feature does. I believe it actually sort of blacks out (on your end) what the person on ignore posts.

Can anyone else elighten us and help out TV regarding what the ignore feature does?

PS: Keep up the great work with the BTFP. It's people like you who make this a great place to visit. :)

All I can say to that is thanks.

calou
Sep 1st, 2011, 04:13 PM
We're talking about past champions.Their careers are definitively ended ,many threads are too " shoulda,woulda "and so on .Gossips aren't unpleasant ,i found it funny :D

daze11
Sep 1st, 2011, 04:14 PM
I'm glad you can find something positive in the experience Tennis Videos. A good part of me wished I had a cattle prod that could travel through cyberspace and zap posters with an electric shock followed by "Be Nice"! Maybe I been watching too much of Tootsie.:lol::worship:

alfajeffster
Sep 1st, 2011, 11:35 PM
I'd stay on Tomic, but I'm not in Australia often enough, and he's getting a little tall for my liking. It's a control issue. Rollo, I just knew there was a little S&M hiding deep inside you!

Pat Bateman
Sep 2nd, 2011, 10:36 AM

Me too :p I love the gossipy stuff about player's love lives, too.