PDA

View Full Version : Don't slag Daniela because she ...

Greenout
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:01 AM
lost to Maggie if YOU HAVE NOT seen any of
her FED CUP matches last weekend!!!

Everyone from that event is worn down. Downnnn!
There was a time out injury, and her shoulder didn't
look good. Conchita didn't look good either with
her thigh strain. All in all- 4 days of FED CUP.
Slovakia vs Italy, and Slovakia vs Spain wore
that poor girl down.

OKAY!!

Sucha in Thailand told our own Jirobkk, and she's
couldn't get into the event because of all that
emotion from FED CUP. She didn't event play
any matches- and the Sucha is spent.

Greenout
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:02 AM
GLAD TO KNOW- that Maggie won. This makes my day!!!

kournikovafan13
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:03 AM
and also, please don't slag Daniela because she isn't fat :rolleyes: don't be jealous, _____ fans :o

I'm sick of the "celery stick" jokes

BrianII
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:03 AM
The poster with the "celery stick" comments.....is ugly inside and out , so don't expect anything better from them ....most other posters are not that degenerate.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:37 AM
Despite this disappointing loss, what a great year Daniela has had... so let's take comfort:

* winning at Indian Wells

* spearheading Slovakia's Fed-Cup-winning efforts through the year

* strong performances in the slams

* achieving a top-10 ranking for the first time

* victories over the likes of Amelie, Marti, Juju and Jelena.

Here's to another great year for beautiful Daniela her in 2003!!

:angel:

tennisIlove09
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by jouissant
Despite this disappointing loss, what a great year Daniela has had... so let's take comfort:

* winning at Indian Wells

* spearheading Slovakia's Fed-Cup-winning efforts through the year

* strong performances in the slams

* achieving a top-10 ranking for the first time

* victories over the likes of Amelie, Marti, Juju and Jelena.

Here's to another great year for beautiful Daniela her in 2003!!

:angel:

WELL SAID!

Freefall
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:53 AM
SUPER YEAR DANI!!!
WAY TO GO!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Lola
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:07 AM
dani has shoulder problems? can you tell me more about it. how bad it is and stuff. thanks!

Freefall
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:14 AM
I haven't heard about her shoulder, I know she rolled her ankle a little, a few weeks ago.

Maybe her shoulder was just sore from so much tennis & not an actual injury.

I hope so anyway!

Sharapower
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Which reasonnable person would slag Daniela ? She made a great season. Yet not perfect but she reached her main goals and except a few stupid persons, everybody acknowledges she's just beginning an outstanding career and I guess all the girls would prefer to avoid playing her, considering her fighting qualities.

Maybe just some regrets about her overscheduling in this season ending. I think Linz was not worth playing even though she reached the semi's and took jelena's place in the ranking (now she might lose the spot if Jelena does well).

But, well, guys, I've never seen a player being so down physically and mentally than was Dani yesterday, except maybe Hingis in the third set of AO final this year but that was a GS final in a terrible heat, here it was a first round of an indoor. I'm afraid her ankle strained in linz got bad these last days in practice, plus the travel from Maspalomas plus the repeated 3 hours tough matches. Since her entering on the court she appeared nervous, anxious. Maybe that was the idea of a "first time" in championships too. I really suffered with her on each UE. At the end of second set on changeover, she was almost crying on her chair, disappointed by her bad performance. This little girl is rather emotive.

Now, Dani look forward at the upcoming season. The goals are crack the top 5, win or at least play a final in GS, beat more top players, including the sisters. Such a tough programm.

So hope she will enjoy the inter season break, though she signed up for exhibitions. But are these really reasonable ? Let's just say that will be good opportunities for practice, especially against Venus in Denmark.

matthias
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:41 AM
i will never slag Daniela
she played a great season, and a loss against Maleeva isn´t a shame.

i hope she will have a nice holiday :D

Nov 8th, 2002, 07:54 AM
When I said a few weeks ago that Daniela would not do well @ this tournament, everyone thought I was just being a bitch...but I was right!! Daniela is tired. No-one can play for that many weeks in a row and still be at their best...but now she'll get a huge break and be back in form for the Australian Open

madlen_bg
Nov 8th, 2002, 08:15 AM
yeah i watched the math an I even taped. Although i`m a Bulgarian i was pretty much for Daniela because she`s my favourte (because of her great tennis game, an her attitude on court...) . For sure yesterday she looke pretty much down and not in the mood :( I was so sorry when i saw her burrying her face in her towel and a tear rolled on her cheeks :( Poor Daniela!
:HUG:

~RedRose~
Nov 8th, 2002, 08:22 AM
she is still playing an exhibition for Europe ... Doubles with Jelena!! :) :)

Anyone know when this is on??

madlen_bg
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:07 AM
wow i didn`t know that she is playing with Jelena.
May be they have some chanse to do better :)

~RedRose~
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:16 AM
They are playing doubles for Europe against Williams sisters ... Ill try to get full Schedual ok :)

~RedRose~
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Thursday, December 5:
Davenport vs. Schett
Seles vs. Kournikova

Friday, December 6:
Seles and Davenport vs. Schett and Majoli
Serena and Venus Williams vs. Hantuchova and Dokic

Saturday, December 7:
Serena Williams vs. Majoli
Venus Williams vs. Dokic
Capriati vs. Hantuchova

RAA
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:46 PM
okay, but this is exactly the problem with Fed cup and why some players don't want to play. it isn't fair to Daniela that she worked hard at Fed Cup and represented her country and let them to her first fed cup title, and then probably was tired from racing back to LA to play in a VERY important tournament, where she just couldn't be at her best.
of course it was her choice to play fed cup, but I just think its not a great situation for the players.

Dokicfan17
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:02 PM
omg when Daniela lost to Maggie i was sooooo happy, GO MAGGIE!!!! no offense to any of her fans, this is just my opinion but i despise daniela with a passion lol.. not to start a war here !
just an opinion, for those of you who want to scream you......

" need a chilllllll pilllll..........and a small fries"

Sharapower
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by RAA
okay, but this is exactly the problem with Fed cup and why some players don't want to play. it isn't fair to Daniela that she worked hard at Fed Cup and represented her country and let them to her first fed cup title, and then probably was tired from racing back to LA to play in a VERY important tournament, where she just couldn't be at her best.
of course it was her choice to play fed cup, but I just think its not a great situation for the players. It's mainly a question of scheduling. They are more clever in the ATP : there's ten days week break between the last important tournament and the masters and then one more week between the masters and the Davis Cup.
For Daniela, she had only three days between the Fed Cup and the championships wich is clearly not possible.
Could you Imagine if the USA Fed-cup team was qualifyed for the final round of the Fed-cup ?
But maybe then the WTA would have scheduled a more reasonable date for the Championships ?:rolleyes:

WTA means Women tennis in America isn't it ?

RAA
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:51 PM
yes, I agree, its about scheduling..
but I also thought that the players requested that the year end championships be moved up so that the year wasn't quite so long. Generally the championships are a week later than this, if not two weeks later than this.
so maybe that was the compromise - move the year end champs up but then Fed Cup bumps right up to it.
anyway, i think Fed cup is great and all, but either the players should get ranking points for it, or it should be scheduled with some rest before big WTA tournaments where ranking points are at stake.

vutt
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Well I guess this outcome has routes down to Zurich. Tough matches against Dementieva, Schnyder, Linz – Anna S. , Alex, FedCup. Yeah. Thats a lot of tough tennis. And Maggie isn't joke at all.

I feel sorry for her. Tearful 19 years girls – that's not right.

I used to hate her somehow a lot, but things starting to change for me I hope. FedCup week when there was pretty much only Daniela on TV I forced myself to watch good high level tennis. That's a good therapy actually to overcome your hate. And now she is going to play doubles with my fave Jelena at Collins Cup.

Less hate, more love and good luck Dani in next year (well unless you will play against Jelena obviously :) )

Sharapower
Nov 11th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by vutt
Well I guess this outcome has routes down to Zurich. Tough matches against Dementieva, Schnyder, Linz – Anna S. , Alex, FedCup. Yeah. Thats a lot of tough tennis. And Maggie isn't joke at all.

I feel sorry for her. Tearful 19 years girls – that's not right.

I used to hate her somehow a lot, but things starting to change for me I hope. FedCup week when there was pretty much only Daniela on TV I forced myself to watch good high level tennis. That's a good therapy actually to overcome your hate. And now she is going to play doubles with my fave Jelena at Collins Cup.

Less hate, more love and good luck Dani in next year (well unless you will play against Jelena obviously :) ) Just for my curiosity, what are the reasons which made you hate her formerly ? That question is very interesting for me because I noticed Daniela has a lot of haters among tennis fans and I don't clearly understand the reason.

the cat
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Daniela had a very good year! :D It was a breakthrough year for her! But now alot will be expected of her in the future on and off the court! :eek: Can Daniela handle it? I hope so!