PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay is definitely lacking some focus

Jakeev
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:37 PM
COngrats to Monica Seles on an amazing comback win against Lindsay Davenport in L.A. last night.

She deserves the credit for winning th match. BUT, I am definitely seeing a sign that Lindsay is losing a lot of her focus in her matches and that is why she is having a difficult time closing out matches.

The question is why has she lost her mental edge? In her every match she lost since the indoor season returned, Lindsay definitely had the edge in each match.

I am one of her biggest fans, but I hope the much needed break she is gonna have gets her to go back to the basic and helps her reignite the mental aspect of her game she is famous for.

Have a great break Lindsay, I still love ya!!!!!

:kiss:

wongqks
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:39 PM
I think it is a downward spiral, starting from chanda, then Maggie then patty, and now Monica, I think when she win a final, she will regain it, but until then, it will be tough on her

Jakeev
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:46 PM
She has had a bad patch but I don't think it's a downward spiral at all. But she definitely needs the break to evaluate what her exact dedication to the game will be in 2003.

Dawn Marie
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:52 PM
She's dedicated, she's just having a hard time closing out matches. Infact this is the first time I clearly saw her get nervous when she had to close it out. It's mental, she needs a title win to regain some confidence. Which she'll get with out a doubt in 2003. Imho that match reminded me a bit of Jen/Hingis in the Oz final. Lindsay played kinda passive where as Seles played with nothing to lose.