PDA

View Full Version : Texas R1: Julia "i can't believe i got bagelled" Goerges d. Alize Cornet 0-6,6-4,6-0

Ayumilover.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:36 AM
what on earth happened in the 1st set? :tape: :help: :o

thank god the real Julia showed up and turned the match around :cool: :angel:

that 3rd set must have been a Julia special :drool: :hearts:

Patrick345
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:36 AM
:happy::happy:

Purple_Rain
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:37 AM
Typical WTA scoreline. I'm just happy to see Julia win a match on HC.

Joey Darling
I am glad that Julia prevailed, but I can't say that I can understand her getting bagelled in the first.

Jane Lane
:haha: You've got bigger problems if you get bagelled by Cornet on a a HC.

Aravanecaravan
Wow, what a weird scoreline. At least Julia woke up from her nap.

duhcity
Highlight of Alize's year.
That first set must have been complete shit from Julia.

joão.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:38 AM
:lol: WTA is on a roll today

Archaeo
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:38 AM
SMH Alize.:help:

Craig.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:40 AM
How do you get bagelled by CORNET? :hysteric:

Joey Darling
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:41 AM
I think Julia might have gave up on the first set. NOT TO MAKE EXCUSES. However, I think she realized at some point in the set that it was going to go three sets, or that she wasn't going to win that set without exhausting herself. And rather than extend all her energy trying to fight back in the first set, she gave it to Alize in the last two sets. Crazy, I know... However, it's a good tactic if you're just trying to get some match-play/self-confidence.

Ayumilover.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:43 AM
I think my heart skipped a beat when i turned on the livescoring and saw Jules got bagelled in the 1st set :lol:

may she never scare her fans like that again :smash:

madmax
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:44 AM
:oh:

Gothamn
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:45 AM
WTA hot mess day:o How can anyone get bagelled by Cornet nowadays...

Ayumilover.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:45 AM
I think Julia might have gave up on the first set. NOT TO MAKE EXCUSES. However, I think she realized at some point in the set that it was going to go three sets, or that she wasn't going to win that set without exhausting herself. And rather than extend all her energy trying to fight back in the first set, she gave it to Alize in the last two sets. Crazy, I know... However, it's a good tactic if you're just trying to get some match-play/self-confidence.

yeah I can see her doing something like that. as a player, i have in the past. it's good to see her confident enough to win after losing the first set like that. i'm just so proud of her for giving a bagel after taking one.

i can't really decide though if it was in fact her mentality, whether its smart, or just plain bad

Joey Darling
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:48 AM
I think right now, Julia is just trying to keep her confidence up. I'm following her on twitter, and although she always seems... I don't know, ecstatic, you can tell that there is at least a little bit of self-doubt there. It's a good win... And the road only gets tougher. I wish her the best of luck the rest of the way.

Cherry.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:50 AM
The scoreline :facepalm:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 22nd, 2011, 02:12 AM
Julia :) :yeah: nice turn around
seems Alize cant buy any win at all

Ryan
Aug 22nd, 2011, 02:23 AM
Alize must have been shocked after the first set, realized how WRONG this was, and fixed it by the third set. :cool:

Vikapower
Aug 22nd, 2011, 02:50 AM
Well done Julia but losing the first set 0-6 :help:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 22nd, 2011, 03:13 AM

I know right? :hysteric:
The hotmess bug is on a rampage.

RandomShot
Aug 22nd, 2011, 06:53 AM
:lol: classic scoreline

Danii's Law
Aug 22nd, 2011, 06:58 AM
Poor Alize, she always has these kinds of loses, Like the one against Schiavone at the Australian Open 2 years ago.

I thought she was really starting to improve this year. Oh well.

Wert.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 07:09 AM
Bagelled by Cornet :haha:

This girl is hilarious :haha:

burn
Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:03 AM
A win is a win :bounce:

Sombrerero loco
Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:13 AM
shitfest for sure...

C. Drone
Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:42 AM

this, seriously. :silly:

Görges Summer Trainwreck Extravaganza :lol:

sammy01
Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
good to see dallas off to a flyer with this match. the 'hot mess open' is looking to deliver from start to finish.

Joey Darling
Aug 22nd, 2011, 10:29 AM
A win is a win :bounce:

Agreed. Julia will take what she can get, as will the others. I know that a lot of people are thinking that this tournament will be a shit-fest (it really has been so far), but I think that after today's matches, the match play will only get better. Of course... I could be wrong, and I will eat my crow if I am, but for now I would like to think that once the first round is out of the way things will get a lot better. If I am wrong... Someone feel free to serve me my crow.

BepaMaria
Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:23 AM
How are you gonna win the title playing like this:facepalm:

Break My Rapture
Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:34 AM
This. Holy shit JuGs, not very encouraging to see this happen.

Reptilia
Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:42 AM
:haha: Julia!

Smitten
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:44 PM
:lol: Julia getting bageled by Cornet says it all for her and her career.

And I still get to do my weekly Cornet is so bad laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Julia is one step closer to joining Vesnina.

longtin23
Aug 22nd, 2011, 02:18 PM
Alize :facepalm:

@little levity
Aug 22nd, 2011, 02:55 PM
If somebody can get between Goerges ears, there's a good possibility she could go though the draw like a dose of salts. Until then, expect the unexpected.

CillyUltra
Aug 22nd, 2011, 04:13 PM

not a bad decision if you look at the temperatures ;)

:lol: WTA is on a roll today

:lol: what do you expect from a 40°C tourney

Ayumilover.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
:lol: Julia getting bageled by Cornet says it all for her and her career.

And I still get to do my weekly Cornet is so bad laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Julia is one step closer to joining Vesnina.

Oh come on, we all know Julia is miles ahead of Vesnina. Elena is good but how many premier titles has she won? How many top players has she beaten? :lol:

Just give it a bit of patience...I think it's realistic to think Julia will still make it big. She's 22, and a babe

Adrian.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 04:57 PM
:happy:

SVK
Aug 22nd, 2011, 05:25 PM
Typical Cornet´s scoreline:silly: