PDA

View Full Version : Need a hitting partner for USO

cosmoose
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:18 AM
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1322000784/Sam_Stosur_and_Me_normal.jpgachangeofends (http://twitter.com/#!/achangeofends)
Um, is this really what WTA players have to resort to?
http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/act/2555844149.html

Who could this be? :confused:

joćo.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:21 AM
:lol:

Galang
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:22 AM
omg is that real? :hearts:

Empressive
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:22 AM
:spit: Someone email her back and see who she is...

Steven.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:25 AM
omg :sad::hug:

duhcity
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:26 AM
Was JUST about to post this :lol:
USTA provides partners, so not an American.
And probably not a top-50 player.

But someone who trains in the US often so they know the NTRP ranking

Patrick345
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:28 AM
Was JUST about to post this :lol:
USTA provides partners, so not an American.
And probably not a top-50 player.

Certainly not, otherwise the ad would have said Top 50 player looking for hitting partner, instead of top 100. And required till Monday/Tuesday means the player doesn“t expect to make the 2nd round. :lol:

hdfb
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:30 AM
There's an e-mail too
nycoara (at) yahoo.com

duhcity
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:31 AM
You would think most of them could at least pull a junior or college player. Someone really without connections.

Empressive
And it wouldn't be someone who's playing Dallas or New Haven this week.

Patrick345
You would think most of them could at least pull a junior or college player. Someone really without connections.

So Bartoli. :tape:

Jane Lane
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:39 AM
:haha: DEAD. Well it was supposed to start yesterday...

juki
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:50 AM
There's an e-mail too
nycoara (at) yahoo.com

If you google nycoara the first thing that comes up is user at the Tennis Warehouse forums, and from their posts it's clearly not a WTA player (it's a guy who plays in a 4.0 league) http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/search.php?searchid=10874670

"nycoara" also posted a message looking for a tennis partner to hit with him at Flushing on another site: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/NYCTennisPartners/message/8325

I don't know, seems like a weird coincidence that there would be two totally unrelated "nycoara" tennis people.

shoparound
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:05 AM
So Bartoli. :tape:

:lol:

Sammo
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:20 AM
WTF Top 100 player is not valid data

dsanders06
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:48 AM

I bet it's Rodionova :hearts:

AnomyBC
Aug 22nd, 2011, 03:49 AM
There's a nycoara on Twitter whose posts are all in Japanese, so maybe it's a Japanese player???

moby
Aug 22nd, 2011, 03:54 AM
There's a nycoara on Twitter whose posts are all in Japanese, so maybe it's a Japanese player???That's what I concluded too. Could be someone who's a good friend of a Japanese player. Maybe Kimiko Date? This nycoara dude also knows Kimiko Date has a full gut setup (based on his posts on tenniswarehouse).

NA-GOAT
Aug 22nd, 2011, 04:04 AM
I thought it was Kimiko's coach but I don't think so because Kimiko has practice partner in her double partner Shuai Zhang :oh:

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 22nd, 2011, 04:30 AM
Sorry, but this is a BS Craigslist posting. There is no way a professional player wrote that. "Or anyplace else in the city?" You really think anybody playing at the US Open is going to practice at a public park in Brooklyn instead of the actual courts the tournament is being held on?

moby
Aug 22nd, 2011, 06:26 AM
Sorry, but this is a BS Craigslist posting. There is no way a professional player wrote that. "Or anyplace else in the city?" You really think anybody playing at the US Open is going to practice at a public park in Brooklyn instead of the actual courts the tournament is being held on?Don't come raining on our parade! I want to believe this posting is true! Maybe the guy just speaks English poorly.

ETA: Kimiko just hurt herself and might withdraw. Is this a cover-up because she couldn't find a practice partner?

sammy01
Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:42 AM
i have been asked before at challenger tournaments in the uk if i'm a county/semi pro player and could hit with low ranked girls to give them experience. it is always parents though that try and arrange these things.

nevetssllim
Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:45 AM
I bet it's Rodionova :hearts:

Wasn't top-100 when the e-mail was sent. :p And she was playing New Haven qualies.

chuvack
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:53 PM
Sorry, but this is a BS Craigslist posting. There is no way a professional player wrote that. "Or anyplace else in the city?" You really think anybody playing at the US Open is going to practice at a public park in Brooklyn instead of the actual courts the tournament is being held on?

Actually, in the first week of USO (the "Qualifying" week) there is a big shortage of courts, and the players get farmed out to various other practice sites.

And any dumbass who can get the ball back over the net, can be a WTA hitting partner. I know this first hand.

duhcity
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:22 PM

Plenty of private courts in this city.