Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 21st, 2011, 11:31 PM
Leggooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :rocker2:

Dieter.
Aug 21st, 2011, 11:32 PM
:cheer:

gc-spurs
Aug 21st, 2011, 11:38 PM
Bitchin' title Virgin Mary, no more. See yo azzez here in a week.

18majors
Aug 21st, 2011, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the thread.

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 21st, 2011, 11:42 PM
:rocker2:.

joão.
Aug 21st, 2011, 11:42 PM
Thank you! :hearts:

GL Masha, needs to improve A LOT, don't get fooled by the Cincy win please.

goldlion
Aug 21st, 2011, 11:52 PM
Cincy sums up the tour level now, I wouldn't be surprised even if JJ managed to win the Open.

People just keep shining from here and there for a while and none of them dominates.

This time is Maria's turn next time the others. But more importantly, winners win on their own terms and I have to acknowledge and admire all the winners at the end of the day.

pedropt
Aug 21st, 2011, 11:54 PM
I'm so ready for this :hysteric:

doooma6816
Aug 21st, 2011, 11:55 PM
:rocker2::rocker2::rocker2:
:inlove:
Win this shit Maria!

She peaked at Rome then played worse at RG, she hasn't peak yet at USO series, so it'll happen at USO! :bowdown:

nelsondan
Aug 21st, 2011, 11:56 PM
Thank you! :hearts:

GL Masha, needs to improve A LOT, don't get fooled by the Cincy win please.

Yeah..I get that. But some basic progress was made, or can be made if she and her coach try to learn from this. Maria has been letting weather, particularly wind, mess with her mind too much. I think it happened again today, but she worked hard to put it aside. It probably cost her the first set.

She was unusually emotional, and not much of that was productive. Jankovic has some capacity for getting to her more than most other players, and she made a lot of bad, unnecessary choices on finishing points. Just win the points, Maria.

But she did a good job of serving to stay in the second set, and she did not screw up much in the tie breaker. She did not choke. Both of them were having trouble holding serve, and there were many times when I had the feeling---here it comes---and sometimes it did--crucial, damaging double faults. Her mental state could have been better, but it was a long match, and she did not beat herself in the end, which was a possibility hanging over the match from the time it went to 4-2 in the first set. I have wondered two things for a while now....has she gained a few pounds, (I would guess 7 or 8) and how will they affect her in the final part of a long match. I thought she remained strong, and her opponent did not.

This was a pretty good thing to do before the Open. It guarantees nothing, but if she learned anything, maybe it will help prevent crap from getting out of control against early round opponents. There is no reason she cannot make it to the final 8, and if she does, all is possible.

doooma6816
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:03 AM
Just please: be far from Serena and JJ in the draw, thank you.

madmax
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:24 AM

yup...for some obscure reason she gets overly tight and emotional when playing these two:lol: Her quality of tennis goes down the drain and choking occurs...good thing is that her serve is gaining in speed again and she's banging down aces again:cheer:

Fighterpova
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:32 AM
Good luck Maria, hoping for a deep run :cheer:
Cant wait to see the dresses :cheer:

Break My Rapture
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:32 AM
Just stay away from Serena, that's all I'm asking.

Vodkapova
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:14 AM
I'm in New York by the way. I should go see her or something. But she is one expensive hoe.

Cherry.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:38 AM
Yay, next match that I watch will be LIVE at the Open.
See ya in New York, Maria!:cheer:

Crux Squall
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:42 AM
Come On, You can do it

Purple_Rain
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:52 AM
Just stay away from Serena, that's all I'm asking.

This.

dsanders06
Aug 22nd, 2011, 02:01 AM

Eh, I'd be quite happy if she drew Jankovic... the loser of such a momentous, gruelling match never wants to play the winner again within a couple of weeks, especially as Maria really beat her at the mental game today.

Honestly, I feel pretty good about her prospects to do well at the US Open. I don't necessarily expect clean tennis from her there, but I just have so much confidence in her ability to survive when her back's up against the wall right now. I mean, even in today's match, although she was a mess for the most part she played a near-flawless tiebreak in the second set, when the match could so easily have ended there. And in any case, Maria playing even at 75% is better than most of the field... who apart from Serena would start a match at the USO against her as favourite? Wozniacki? The world #2 who she just beat yesterday despite playing horribly? :help:

Assuming she stays away from Serena (please God), I'd be surprised if she doesn't make it to the semis... although she'll probably have a hot mess of a match against someone like McHale en route.

gc-spurs
Aug 22nd, 2011, 02:01 AM
I'm in New York by the way. I should go see her or something. But she is one expensive hoe.

Ya lucky fucker. You gonna be there for USO?

Btw Maria's racket smacking was Grandmartha Gone Wild.

Vodkapova
Aug 22nd, 2011, 02:29 AM
Ya lucky fucker. You gonna be there for USO?

Btw Maria's racket smacking was Grandmartha Gone Wild.

I'm gonna be here until I graduate. :lol: Given nothing freakish happens. I hope I can go to the USO or something if I figure out how to get tickets and all that.

Yes I saw those racquet "wipes". It was pretty sexy TBH. They even did a slow-mo at one of them.

Vodkapova
Aug 22nd, 2011, 02:30 AM
Meanwhile I am currently in New Haven, going to Yale tomorrow. Does anyone have any special messages you want delivered for deary Carolina?

gc-spurs
Aug 22nd, 2011, 02:59 AM
I'm gonna be here until I graduate. :lol: Given nothing freakish happens. I hope I can go to the USO or something if I figure out how to get tickets and all that.

Yes I saw those racquet "wipes". It was pretty sexy TBH. They even did a slow-mo at one of them.

Yeah, thought you would think something like that. Everytime she does something crazy-like like that or gets a frizzhead, I always think Teerin-chan would enjoy this.

doooma6816
Aug 22nd, 2011, 03:14 AM
Eh, I'd be quite happy if she drew Jankovic... the loser of such a momentous, gruelling match never wants to play the winner again within a couple of weeks, especially as Maria really beat her at the mental game today.

Honestly, I feel pretty good about her prospects to do well at the US Open. I don't necessarily expect clean tennis from her there, but I just have so much confidence in her ability to survive when her back's up against the wall right now. I mean, even in today's match, although she was a mess for the most part she played a near-flawless tiebreak in the second set, when the match could so easily have ended there. And in any case, Maria playing even at 75% is better than most of the field... who apart from Serena would start a match at the USO against her as favourite? Wozniacki? The world #2 who she just beat yesterday despite playing horribly? :help:

Assuming she stays away from Serena (please God), I'd be surprised if she doesn't make it to the semis... although she'll probably have a hot mess of a match against someone like McHale en route.

I don't want her to face JJ because she's my 2nd favourite. :angel: I want her to go deep too. ;)

I believe the only person who can beat Masha(when she's playing well) is Serena...but even if Maria plays horrible I'm confident she'll survive Vera, Caro etc. with this confidence. It'll be problem if Poova shows up to face in-form Kvitova or Li.

Call me crazy, but I think Jelena can stop Serena at USO(early rounds).

atominside
Aug 22nd, 2011, 04:11 AM

Youre not crazy. Serena hates playing Jelena and also, JJ has a pretty respectable record against serena.

effedcamel
Aug 22nd, 2011, 05:01 AM
Youre not crazy. Serena hates playing Jelena and also, JJ has a pretty respectable record against serena.

I'd love to see an early round battle between these two! JJ doesn't fondle Serena's nutsack like so many others on the tour do.

But, if Maria can keep her nerve and most of her serve over the fortnight, her chances are high for sure!! :bounce:

gc-spurs
Aug 22nd, 2011, 05:39 AM
I'd love to see an early round battle between these two! JJ doesn't fondle Serena's nutsack like so many others on the tour do.

But, if Maria can keep her nerve and most of her serve over the fortnight, her chances are high for sure!! :bounce:

That's true. JJ fondles no one.

Andy.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 07:59 AM
I just really want her to be as far away from Serena as possible. She hasnt had a good run at this tournament in ages. I would love for her to make a semi final.

gc-spurs
Aug 22nd, 2011, 08:38 AM
I just really want her to be as far away from Serena as possible. She hasnt had a good run at this tournament in ages. I would love for her to make a semi final.

And that's why I'm excited for it based on the Wimbledon paradigm.

New pattern: this year Maria has improved 3 rounds on each of her 2010 slam results. AO 1R > 4R, FO 3R > SF, W 4R > F. So Mightymashafan, you will get what you want :)

Steven.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:24 AM
are you guys REALLY ready to watch Maria again? :hysteric: I need a week break from her. Today was just too much...

Steven.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:28 AM
And that's why I'm excited for it based on the Wimbledon paradigm.

New pattern: this year Maria has improved 3 rounds on each of her 2010 slam results. AO 1R > 4R, FO 3R > SF, W 4R > F. So Mightymashafan, you will get what you want :)

Another slam final loss? :awww: I guess it's better than going home empty handed, as Maria would put it.

claypova
Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:18 AM
:dance:

claypova
Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
btw, can someone re-open the championship thread so we can update it with Rome and Cincinnati?

Maria Croft
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:19 PM
Unless her game drastically improves overnight, she's not winning this.
But she's sure gonna try her damn best and that's why I love her.

I'm hoping for a deep run, and obviously no Serena in her part of the draw.

Andy.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:28 PM
People, every match is different she can play really well one day and then the next day have to battle thru with poorer form and vice versa. Look at this tournament she played some iffy matches but also some blinders. I dont her form in the final has any bearing on how she will play at the US Open.

18majors
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:55 PM
Winning Cincy is the perfect preparation for US Open. Go Maria.

vozas
Aug 22nd, 2011, 03:32 PM

I hope they do meet, but not too early. Both deserve to make it to the 2nd week. Theirs could have been one of the most memorable rivalries had Jankovic kept her shit together in 2009. It's a wonderful match up.

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 22nd, 2011, 03:57 PM
I am really confident about the USO this year. Hopefully she won't draw Serena early, and having her in the other side of the draw would be perfect. But I'm afraid it's not gonna happen :facepalm:.

Maria has to step it up with her serve though. Having Schiavone or even Wozniacki at her side of the draw would be amazing :inlove:.

vozas
Aug 22nd, 2011, 04:11 PM
I am really confident about the USO this year. Hopefully she won't draw Serena early, and having her in the other side of the draw would be perfect. But I'm afraid it's not gonna happen :facepalm:.

Maria has to step it up with her serve though. Having Schiavone or even Wozniacki at her side of the draw would be amazing :inlove:.

I feel much better going into this USO than RG and Wimbledon in particular. Maria has been looking really positive and her serve has been much, much better as of lately.

It would SUCK if she drew Serena in the 3rd round, but I suspect the draw will be fixed to avoid that.

Maria will be seeded 3rd, which means she'll draw either Bepa or Lob (:facepalm:) in the semis, were they live up to their seed. I doubt either of them makes it to the second week, so here's hoping it's Serena that takes one of them out and, ideally, takes the seed opposite Maria's side of the draw.

dsanders06
Aug 22nd, 2011, 04:50 PM
I don't want her to face JJ because she's my 2nd favourite. :angel: I want her to go deep too. ;)

I believe the only person who can beat Masha(when she's playing well) is Serena...but even if Maria plays horrible I'm confident she'll survive Vera, Caro etc. with this confidence. It'll be problem if Poova shows up to face in-form Kvitova or Li.

Honestly I don't even see Kvitova getting through to the Quarters at the US Open, and even if she does she'll probably produce an utter shitfest that Maria would just have to play steady and would win quite easily. Na is the only person apart from Serena who would MAYBE be the favourite against Maria imo, because she's quite a bad match-up for her as she can absorb Maria's pace AND throw her own power back at her, but I feel fast hardcourts probably suit Maria more than Na.

I think Maria's best shot at taking out Serena would be in the semis. If they played in the early rounds, Serena would probably win easily, but I just feel Serena will be quite tense in the later rounds no matter who she's playing - because even great champions are mentally a little uptight when they haven't been in that type of situation for a while. And if it got to a 3rd set, I'd fancy Maria's chances... don't know why, it's just a hunch.

AniaSharapova
Aug 22nd, 2011, 05:23 PM

Agree.
I think that three most dangerous players for Maria right now are Kvitova, Li and Serena.
I know that Kvitova and Li hadn't a good run run at the USO Series but Grand Slam is another story and I'm sure they both will play far better. Oh, and Azarenka will be very difficult.
Another players are not big problem for Maria. Even if she play one her poorly match (like in the final in Cincy) she's still able to win against Zvonareva, Jankovic, Radwanska, Wozniacki etc...

I will pray during this next few days for nice draw for Maria without Serena in the same side of the draw :)

atominside
Aug 22nd, 2011, 05:53 PM
Guys, who do you think is better at their Peaks? Venus or Maria? Just curious.

vozas
Aug 22nd, 2011, 06:04 PM

Tough one... I've always preferred Maria's style of play, intensity and resilience, so I'd say I prefer peak Maria over peak Venus.

But 00/01 Venus was just scary good.

doooma6816
Aug 22nd, 2011, 06:38 PM

Well Venus peak is scary good...but Masha AO 2008 too...
it's equal IMO.

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 22nd, 2011, 06:45 PM

Venus. Just because she's the better athlete.

vozas
Aug 22nd, 2011, 06:47 PM

Yeah, pretty much this.

I still prefer Maria's intensity on court. Before Nadal became Nadull, I always thought of her as the female Nadal. Pouring their hearts into every single point. Of course they're older and in different stages of their careers now, but back in the day I loved the parallelism.

The Norwegian
Aug 22nd, 2011, 07:03 PM
You aint seen nothing yet.

dsanders06
Aug 22nd, 2011, 08:31 PM

Venus by far on grass, Maria would edge her everywhere else I think.

Mistress of Evil
Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:23 PM
I want just a steady performance a QF showing will be more than fine by me :yeah:

She knows her price :hearts: Pova sets a great example so look up to her and higher your own price, too :awww::hug:

Craig.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:49 PM

Yup.

Craig.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:50 PM
Just stay away from Serena and Voskoboeva (:hysteric:) and all's good. A good run in New York is vital though, if she wants to end the year number 1.

Fighterpova
Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:11 AM
I want her to finish the year ranked 2 or 3 and NOT no.1.
Being no.1 is a lot of pressure and everyone hates you, but at the same time they expect you to win everything I don't want her to go through that...

No.2-3 would be perfect ;)

atominside
Aug 23rd, 2011, 02:55 AM
If she finishes no.1 she HAS GOT TO WIN THE USOPEN OR YEC.Otherwise she'll be hated. Period. Wont mind it tbh :|. I'm on the fence.

perseus2006
Aug 23rd, 2011, 05:06 AM
#1 Rank would be great for Pova, the WTA and the Sport of Tennis! Not only does she already have the credentials: three Majors, a YEC, 20 supporting trophies and opportunities to win more, but she also has the class, elegance, sportsmanship, fierce work ethic and drive to excel that most people want to associate with the top performer in a sport. In addition, she is an engaging conversationalist, an entrepeneur, philantropist and optimist. Pova on nearly every occasion finds the positives in people, places and situations and speaks to them.

Pova is the ideal representative for Women's Tennis, the perfect role model for young girls aspiring to play sports and a person moms and dads can say, "Yeah, I want my girl to be just like her!".

I can't think of a single negative to Pova being the #1 Ranked Women's Tennis Player.

The WS fans and OliviaSmith will hate her just as vigorously as the #1 Ranked Player but they cannot hate on her anymore than they do now!

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 23rd, 2011, 11:04 AM
#1 Rank would be great for Pova, the WTA and the Sport of Tennis! Not only does she already have the credentials: three Majors, a YEC, 20 supporting trophies and opportunities to win more, but she also has the class, elegance, sportsmanship, fierce work ethic and drive to excel that most people want to associate with the top performer in a sport. In addition, she is an engaging conversationalist, an entrepeneur, philantropist and optimist. Pova on nearly every occasion finds the positives in people, places and situations and speaks to them.

Pova is the ideal representative for Women's Tennis, the perfect role model for young girls aspiring to play sports and a person moms and dads can say, "Yeah, I want my girl to be just like her!".

I can't think of a single negative to Pova being the #1 Ranked Women's Tennis Player.

The WS fans and OliviaSmith will hate her just as vigorously as the #1 Ranked Player but they cannot hate on her anymore than they do now!

I wouldn't hate her. :angel:
If she was to finish the year at the top ranked player without winning the US Open (or at least the YEC) it would feel weird, though. :shrug:

Steven.
Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:12 PM
it's not really Maria's problem though. If anyone should be under fire, it should be the slam champions of this year. The amount of tournament Maria plays pretty much BEGS the others to overtake her, but they can't so adios haters.

goldlion
Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:17 PM
Well I don't care where she ranks, and she doesn't either. She could rank No.126 in the world and managed to get through to QF in a Grand Slam. She could rank No.1 and lost in R4 in a Grand Slam and No.2 lost in R2. She could win a P5 even she's ranked around 20s.

18majors
Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:24 PM
I'll be at Flushing Meadows and watch Maria practice this week, should be fun! Hope Maria have a good run next 2-3 weeks.

AniaSharapova
Aug 23rd, 2011, 05:08 PM
When the main draw comes out?

Fed_Ds
Aug 23rd, 2011, 05:20 PM
When the main draw comes out?
Thursday, August 25. The Time hasn't been announced yet on the US Open website.
:)

AniaSharapova
Aug 23rd, 2011, 05:33 PM
Thank you :)

!VamosRafa!
Aug 23rd, 2011, 06:03 PM
Romepova is gonna slay her bitches at the US Open :rocker2:

goldlion
Aug 24th, 2011, 03:27 AM
A bit off topic, is Serena the winner of the US open series?

Lefty.
Aug 24th, 2011, 04:10 AM
^Since Radwanska lost today, yes she is.

Steven.
Aug 24th, 2011, 08:28 AM
draws always come out on Thursdays (or Friday if you live in a similar time zone to Australia ;)).

Sadly I always have to wait in anticipation for draws because I'm always out on Fridays... I might take a visit to the Apple building and steal their internet for a bit. :oh:

shaktincredible
Aug 24th, 2011, 10:28 AM
i have a good feeling that she will win again in flushing meadows this time.

goldlion
Aug 24th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Is Maria second in the series? GL in Flushing Meadows

gc-spurs
Aug 24th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Is Maria second in the series? GL in Flushing Meadows

Bitch be takin' home more monies! shame A-Rad.

!VamosRafa!
Aug 24th, 2011, 01:21 PM
I'm hoping for a QF-SF run :cheer:
I just hope Serena and Vika are on the other side :lol:

Steven.
Aug 24th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I'm hoping for a QF-SF run :cheer:
I just hope Serena and Vika are on the other side :lol:

Vika will DEFINITELY be on the opposite side of the draw to Maria because they're seeded 3rd and 4th. Also, it's not like Maria can't handle Vika (when her groundies are working).

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 24th, 2011, 02:04 PM
If Serena and Vika are at the other side of the draw then it's good :yeah:.

But anyway, Maria has to face them sooner or latter to win this trophy, so hopefully she beats them.

AniaSharapova
Aug 24th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I just want to Serena in the other side of draw. Every another possibilities will be better than meet her in early rounds.

Steven.
Aug 24th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I just want to Serena in the other side of draw. Every another possibilities will be better than meet her in early rounds.

let's hope so. I don't really care about anyone else she can draw because she can beat everyone in the top 108 bar Serena :lol:

AniaSharapova
Aug 24th, 2011, 03:27 PM
let's hope so. I don't really care about anyone else she can draw because she can beat everyone in the top 108 bar Serena :lol:

Exactly.
Maria is able to beat all players in currently TOP 20 even if she play some poorly match like against Jankovic. Wozniacki, Zvonareva, Radwanska, Schiavone, Petkovic, etc, etc ... are not big problem for Maria.
Serena will be the biggest obstacle and honestly I don't see any chances for Maria if they both play each other at the USO.

Laura_VeeFan
Aug 24th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Really hoping for a QF-SF run. Obviously a win would be amazing :hearts:

Hopefully she doesn't draw Serena too early :scared:

goldlion
Aug 25th, 2011, 01:42 AM
When I'm watching Maria recent highlights, I've been thinking about Dementieva and it seems to me that Maria's a better version of late Lena D. Both of them have serving issues and produce heaps of Dfs during a match but once they realised that over focusing on serve didn't help the game, they quickly put the DF behind and hit another serve and not let the serve issues get into their head. That's why Lena D was quite good from late 2008 - 2010. Maria doesn't have a decent now, but she does from time to time in a match hit some good serves.

gociku
Aug 25th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Please Serena stay away from our Masha :scared::scared:

Crux Squall
Aug 25th, 2011, 02:05 AM
The singles draws for the 2011US Open will be revealed live during a one-hour special edition of SportsCenter on ESPN, Thursday, August 25 at 12 PM ET.

Reptilia
Aug 25th, 2011, 02:35 AM
The draw is everything this USO. :scared:

MM_1257
Aug 25th, 2011, 02:41 AM
I won't put any hopes for USO. The last time I had dreams and hopes, I got burnt badly, because she came sooo close... (pssst, Wimby) Davai Masha! Let's rock at the USO, too!

Crux Squall
Aug 25th, 2011, 03:52 AM
1St round Oudin please

BuckJaysRock
Aug 25th, 2011, 05:15 AM
hopefully she goes gets a good draw

Fed_Ds
Aug 25th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Please Serena stay away from our Masha :scared::scared:

+1

Please Tennis Gods, give Maria a decent draw at the USO this year!

Lachy
Aug 25th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Give Azarenka Serena in her draw please. Although Masha would beat her this time anyway.

doooma6816
Aug 25th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Give Azarenka Serena in her draw please. Although Masha would beat her this time anyway.

Azarenka will NOT be in Masha half...for sure.

Steven.
Aug 25th, 2011, 10:47 AM
c'mon guys, I've said this about 100 times already. Maria and Vika will be on the OPPOSITE side of the draw as they are seeded 3rd and 4th respectively.

Shivank17
Aug 25th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Plzzz Serena stay away from Masha. :scared:
I just want a decent draw till Qfs at least.

xoxo89
Aug 25th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I just want her to survive the first week, 'cause I won't be able to watch her the first ;)

Lachy
Aug 25th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Azarenka will NOT be in Masha half...for sure.

I was referring to her beating Serena this time :angel:

18majors
Aug 25th, 2011, 01:43 PM
When I'm watching Maria recent highlights, I've been thinking about Dementieva and it seems to me that Maria's a better version of late Lena D. Both of them have serving issues and produce heaps of Dfs during a match but once they realised that over focusing on serve didn't help the game, they quickly put the DF behind and hit another serve and not let the serve issues get into their head. That's why Lena D was quite good from late 2008 - 2010. Maria doesn't have a decent now, but she does from time to time in a match hit some good serves.

Like Dementieva, Maria can win matches on service returns alone. Maria wins more than 50% of her return games and ranks No. 1 in WTA.

Even though she still has issues but both her first and second serves have become heavier and more effective, especially at Cincy. Actually, her serves kept her in the 2nd set at the Cincy Final.

Steven.
Aug 25th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Like Dementieva, Maria can win matches on service returns alone. Maria wins more than 50% of her return games and ranks No. 1 in WTA.

Even though she still has issues but both her first and second serves have become heavier and more effective, especially at Cincy. Actually, her serves kept her in the 2nd set at the Cincy Final.

do you have stats for this year up to the current date? :angel:

18majors
Aug 25th, 2011, 01:57 PM
do you have stats for this year up to the current date? :angel:

The most recent data as of August 22, 2011:

1 SHARAPOVA , MARIA 51.7%
2 AZARENKA , VICTORIA 48.8%
3 NICULESCU , MONICA 48.0%
4 CLIJSTERS , KIM 47.9%
5 MEDINA GARRIGUES , ANABEL 47.5%

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/Rankings_Stats/match_stats.pdf

Steven.
Aug 25th, 2011, 02:29 PM
even her break points conversion is so solid, despite a horrid percentage against Jankovic (which probably brought the average down significantly)

madmax
Aug 25th, 2011, 02:43 PM
The most recent data as of August 22, 2011:

1 SHARAPOVA , MARIA 51.7%
2 AZARENKA , VICTORIA 48.8%
3 NICULESCU , MONICA 48.0%
4 CLIJSTERS , KIM 47.9%
5 MEDINA GARRIGUES , ANABEL 47.5%

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/Rankings_Stats/match_stats.pdf

not surprising, as she is literally possessed in opponents service games this year...:lol: I think soon her returns will strike fare whenever other poor gal is stepping to hold her service game. She just needs to stabilize her own serve and everything will be much easier then

gociku
Aug 25th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I had a weird dream last night about the draw :bigcry:
- Masha is in the top half and got Caravane Rezai in the first round.
- Serena is also in the top half got Julia Görges as her first opponent.
- Masha and Serena play against each other in the semis at the earliest.
- The top half plays first.
- Masha lost the first set 3-6 to Rezai, won the second 6-3. In the 3rd set she was down 0-3 , I left the scoreboard thinking she would lose the match. When I came back she won the last set 6-3 :eek:
- Serena won the first set 7-6 against Julia Görges. Julia served for the second set at 5-4 30-15 and lost the next 3 points and lost the match :lol:

:unsure::scared::unsure:

BuckJaysRock
Aug 25th, 2011, 04:10 PM
maria going to be on espn in 10 min

BuckJaysRock
Aug 25th, 2011, 04:55 PM
maria plays pennetta in round 1

Mistress of Evil
Aug 25th, 2011, 04:57 PM
3rd Penetta
4th Gorgeous/Peng

really hope to make QFs with such a soft draw :cheer:

pedropt
Aug 25th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Nice draw :p

madmax
Aug 25th, 2011, 05:03 PM
why does Maria have to draw poor Gorgeous all the time near her?:bigcry:
Other than that, nice draw

Steven.
Aug 25th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Maria should make the final with this draw. I'm expecting a lot from Stosur too.

Shivank17
Aug 25th, 2011, 05:26 PM
R1 VS Heather!
R2 VS? :scratch:
who is the top 8 seed she meets in QFs?

The Norwegian
Aug 25th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Coffee and cannoli?

Crux Squall
Aug 25th, 2011, 05:31 PM
^Kvitova or Radwanska

Crux Squall
Aug 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Possible draw
R1 Watson
R2 Yakimova
R3 Pennetta
R4 Peng/Goegres/Pironkova
QF : Radwanska/Kvitova
SF: Zvonareva/Bartoli

MaruSharapova
Aug 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Decent draw! Hoping for a Oudin rematch in R3 (not gonna happen :lol: )

Break My Rapture
Aug 25th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Maria has 5 fucking BYEs into the semis. If she screws this up, I'm gonna throw a gargantuan fit.

vozas
Aug 25th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Nice draw. Hoping for a Kvitova rematch, and a final showdown with Serena.

She's making the finals, at least.

AniaSharapova
Aug 25th, 2011, 05:49 PM
If Maria doesn't reach at least QF i will be pissed off.
She couldn't have nicer draw.

!VamosRafa!
Aug 25th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Maria has a very easy draw to the finals, she should use it.
And then in the finals....another beatdown by Serena :tape:

I just hope Serena loses before the finals, but it's not gonna happen :lol:

Overall I would be really satisfied with a SF here.

!VamosRafa!
Aug 25th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Serena vs Vika R3 :rolls:

gociku
Aug 25th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Venus is still there. I wouldn't write her off. Hopefully Sabine will take care of her though :boxing:

!VamosRafa!
Aug 25th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Serena vs Caro
Maria vs Vera

if everything goes according to plan :lol:

Funny how everyoe was bitching about how she never draws Petra(the "tough" opponent) and now that she got her they're saying she is a walking bye and out of form...Oh excuses, excuses :lol:

vozas
Aug 25th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Serena vs Caro
Maria vs Vera

if everything goes according to plan :lol:

Funny how everyoe was bitching about how she never draws Petra(the "tough" opponent) and now that she got her they're saying she is a walking bye and out of form...Oh excuses, excuses :lol:

Exactly. It was that NA-GOAT person. I actually asked him what would he say if Maria drew his precious Na Li. People are so transparent... They just can't face the fact that Maria can consistently beat most of the players on tour. That's why everything seems like a "cakewalk".

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 25th, 2011, 06:04 PM
I really wanted a tougher draw for Maria. I'm really scared that she'll beat all her opponents to the final and then she gets beaten by a better opponent in the final :sobbing:.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 25th, 2011, 06:05 PM
What an easy draw. I hope she makes a use of it :lol:

And who cares what people in GM say? If it was their fave they would be over the moon. They have to have something to whine about ;)

vozas
Aug 25th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I really wanted a tougher draw for Maria. I'm really scared that she'll beat all her opponents to the final and then she gets beaten by a better opponent in the final :sobbing:.

As a fellow Maria fan, what exactly would you consider a tough draw? Drawing Serena in the 3rd?

dsanders06
Aug 25th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Maria had better make it to the semis atleast. I would've preferred a slightly tougher draw though tbh... she has a tendancy to get complacent when she gets cakewalks and gets upset. :'( I'd've liked to see her draw dangerous floaters like Lisicki, Hantuchova or even Venus - matches Maria would almost certainly win, but would mean she wouldn't let her guard down.

Honestly I can see Serena potentially losing to Jankovic or Wozniacki (if the latter gets that far). :shrug: The only time she played a great defender this summer (Zheng), she was lucky to come away with the win. I'd be stunned if Azarenka beat her though.

vozas
Aug 25th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Maria had better make it to the semis atleast. I would've preferred a slightly tougher draw though tbh... she has a tendancy to get complacent when she gets cakewalks and gets upset. :'( I'd've liked to see her draw dangerous floaters like Lisicki, Hantuchova or even Venus - matches Maria would almost certainly win, but would mean she wouldn't let her guard down.

Honestly I can see Serena potentially losing to Jankovic or Wozniacki (if the latter gets that far). :shrug: The only time she played a great defender this summer (Zheng), she was lucky to come away with the win. I'd be stunned if Azarenka beat her though.

People would still be complaining if she drew Lisicki. Same goes for Hantuchova; as you said, she'd easily win those matches. Venus won't get very far herself. Slumping or not, she drew Petra in the QFs, and THAT should be a good enough test, not to mention it'll give her a huge confidence boost for the final stretch of the tournament if she beats her in their first meeting after the Wimbledon final. I mean, it's the friggin Wimbledon champion...

The draw looks easy because guess what? She can beat mostly everyone out there. If she makes it to the finals with Serena, I'm hoping for a good fight, but I doubt she wins. If she does... well, that'd be beyond awesome, against Serena Williams of all players.

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 25th, 2011, 06:40 PM
As a fellow Maria fan, what exactly would you consider a tough draw? Drawing Serena in the 3rd?

Yes. Exactly :shrug:. Maria needs to be tested soon :yeah:. I would love if she faces Peng/Kvitova/Venus back to back :yeah:. I want some good matches against quality players :shrug:.

atominside
Aug 25th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Well fuck me sideways with a chainsaw. I FUCKING LOVE.

doooma6816
Aug 25th, 2011, 07:29 PM
No Serena in her half:cheer:..very good draw...she should make...or HAS to make QF...then I think she'll play Aga not Petra...so SF. I'd love to see SF against Venus.

Nina.
Aug 25th, 2011, 07:37 PM
It's a decent draw, I hope she makes good use of it... (which she often doesn't but whatever :lol:) I'm just glad Serena is in the other half

Vikapower
Aug 25th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Yes good draw for Maria, I hope Petra will find rhythm to make something competitive in the 1/4, that'd be a highlight match of the tourney otherwise I can perceive another F.

doomsday
Aug 25th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I can also perceive another final but I'm not sure I want her to lose another GS final because let's face it Serena will be on the other side. Maria will become the new Zvonareva :help:

vozas
Aug 25th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I can also perceive another final but I'm not sure I want her to lose another GS final because let's face it Serena will be on the other side. Maria will become the new Zvonareva :help:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2mmftcp.jpg

doomsday
Aug 25th, 2011, 08:22 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2mmftcp.jpg

:lol: I'm dead serious I want her to face a scrub if she is in the final for once :sobbing:

Dieter.
Aug 25th, 2011, 08:51 PM
I'm not gonna look too far ahead, I'm just really happy Serena is on the other side of the draw.

jacobruiz
Aug 25th, 2011, 09:01 PM
I would love to see her play Venus in the semis! Venus she can beat and beating her would give Maria a little more confidence against Serena.

Andy.
Aug 25th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Masha has been presented with a great draw. I'm so releaved that Serena is on the other side of the draw. I really hope Masha can take advantage of this gift an do some damage on her half of the draw. Best of luck Masha.

gc-spurs
Aug 25th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Ummm, what the fuck kind of voodoo dance did you Mashafans do to nab this draw??? TEACH ME!!!

gc-spurs
Aug 25th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Like not only is it easy for her but Vika/Sarin R3???

Andy.
Aug 25th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Like not only is it easy for her but Vika/Sarin R3???
True!!! One of Masha's toughest opponents will be taken out by the other.

Kitten63
Aug 25th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Really good draw for Maria,but I'm not going to look too far ahead because anything can happen. Go Masha :cheer:

MM_1257
Aug 25th, 2011, 11:26 PM
I will be taking this one match at a time.

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 25th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Good draw for Masha. Very good draw. :cheer:

Now watch her fuck it all up. :facepalm:

Craig.
Aug 25th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Pretty awesome draw. Please don't bomb out to Pennetta or something :hysteric:

joão.
Aug 25th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Hopefully the conditions are good for her and she's able to play some good tennis.

Vodkapova
Aug 25th, 2011, 11:44 PM
If she doesn't take good advantage of this draw, then that would be a big shame. Good luck with the USO, Maria! Hope I can go see you as well. :cheer:

claypova
Aug 25th, 2011, 11:49 PM
I like this draw :oh:

expecting a final appearance, but i wouldn't be urprised if she lost in the quarters :(

gc-spurs
Aug 25th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Pretty awesome draw. Please don't bomb out to Pennetta or something :hysteric:

Pennetta's not gonna make it that far.

JamieOwen3
Aug 26th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Hope she will have gained confidence after coming through that cincy final. Her confidence would have taken a blow had she lost that's for sure. I expect a very head strong maria in new york! Lets play like a champion champ ;)

Reptilia
Aug 26th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Couldn't have asked for a better draw, really. Let's go Maria!

goldlion
Aug 26th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Maria caroline final, but opps caro can't get that far

perseus2006
Aug 26th, 2011, 01:45 AM
7-5 3-3 Woz is fighting for her life against Christina!!!

dsanders06
Aug 26th, 2011, 02:17 AM

Yeah, I think Maria will get Rezai in the third round. Then Peng in R4, probably Radwanska in the QFs, and... Zvonareva in the semis I guess. Or maybe Lisicki.

Lucas_Arg
Aug 26th, 2011, 02:30 AM
I'd rather have Fran instead of Petra but oh well, whatever.

Craig.
Aug 26th, 2011, 02:52 AM

I was just saying :lol:

JamieOwen3
Aug 26th, 2011, 05:06 AM
I got bad news about my laptop yesterday :bigcry:
I got it back but they couldnt repair it. *really shouldnt be that hard* god the only problem is the back where u plug in the charger, when i plug it in nothing happens. So now i have to send it away. I really feel ive missed a lot on here :crying2: miss talking to u fkrs :lol:

Steven.
Aug 26th, 2011, 05:34 AM
welcome back Jamie. :kiss:

I just did my pre-qualifiers FITD and noticed that Li has a cakewalk draw to the SF too but I wonder why people aren't complaining. Also I have Venus in the SF against Maria. Should be a tough match. :scared:

Vodkapova
Aug 26th, 2011, 06:32 AM
I got bad news about my laptop yesterday :bigcry:
I got it back but they couldnt repair it. *really shouldnt be that hard* god the only problem is the back where u plug in the charger, when i plug it in nothing happens. So now i have to send it away. I really feel ive missed a lot on here :crying2: miss talking to u fkrs :lol:

You should invest in a new one. :p

JamieOwen3
Aug 26th, 2011, 06:45 AM
No not since this one was £700. I wish i could buy a new one but there really isnt anything wrong with the functioning of the system or anything. Jesus one small repair and everyone at samsung hq runs a mile :lol:

gc-spurs
Aug 26th, 2011, 07:01 AM
welcome back Jamie. :kiss:

I just did my pre-qualifiers FITD and noticed that Li has a cakewalk draw to the SF too but I wonder why people aren't complaining. Also I have Venus in the SF against Maria. Should be a tough match. :scared:

The explanation is somewhere in GM: apparently a cakewalk to the SF is less worse than a cakewalk to the F which Mash is said to have. But if you take out Serena, it'd be pretty difficult to make Mash a hard draw on HC with everyone's current form.

Mistress of Evil
Aug 26th, 2011, 07:11 AM
I am more than happy with the "cakewalk", and the haters can stay pressed(using TF favourite line) :oh:
NaNa and Karolina both have easy draws till QF :shrug: plus where all the Kvitova hype disappeared as far as I recall she trashed Maria and was on the verge of becoming the Next new thing :scratch:

:hug: @ Jamie, hope the problems will resolve soon :awww:

JamieOwen3
Aug 26th, 2011, 07:30 AM
There is a big part of me that wants to see maria face petra in the quarters to see how maria would go bye dealing with her. Would she have the pissed off its time for mutha f***in revenge attitude going in? Lol

Andy.
Aug 26th, 2011, 07:53 AM
There is a big part of me that wants to see maria face petra in the quarters to see how maria would go bye dealing with her. Would she have the pissed off its time for mutha f***in revenge attitude going in? Lol
I would hope so. I want her to channel that same attitude she has when she plays Radwanska.

doooma6816
Aug 26th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Aga will probably beat Petra...:tape:

JamieOwen3
Aug 26th, 2011, 08:55 AM
If aga would end up facing petra and win then i might be a plus 4 maria. if she would play masha in the qf she is not getting a sniff of victory against her ever again. Maria always looks determined not to lose to her, she never looks like she is going to lose during their matches.

Reptilia
Aug 26th, 2011, 09:05 AM
If aga would end up facing petra and win then i might be a plus 4 maria. if she would play masha in the qf she is not getting a sniff of victory against her ever again. Maria always looks determined not to lose to her, she never looks like she is going to lose during their matches.

Agreed. The Radwanska matchup is by far my favourite out of all of her punchbags.

mashasabinefan1
Aug 26th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Agreed. The Radwanska matchup is by far my favourite out of all of her punchbags.

I agree esp after all the crap radwanska said about maria, I enjoy watching her lose time time and time again.:drool:

gc-spurs
Aug 26th, 2011, 10:06 AM

Concur. I especially enjoy Mash eating Agatha's 2nd serve puffs like they're roasted marshmallows.

JamieOwen3
Aug 26th, 2011, 10:33 AM
What i love about the maria vs aga match up is that even on clay maria comes out on top. One time very very lucky is what happened in 2007

Lachy
Aug 26th, 2011, 11:11 AM
LOL, today in Physiology the lecturer was talking about cramps and she randomly projected that picture of Caro rolling around on the ground :hysteric:

On topic, kick ass Maria!! :D

doooma6816
Aug 26th, 2011, 11:24 AM
LOL, today in Physiology the lecturer was talking about cramps and she randomly projected that picture of Caro rolling around on the ground :hysteric:

On topic, kick ass Maria!! :D

:lol::haha::bigcry:

Feyd
Aug 26th, 2011, 12:33 PM

Not mine, I know Maria wins all the matches but the quality of Maria-Aga matches usually stinks.

Steven.
Aug 26th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Maria always gets a hot streak of revenges against the same person eventually, unless the person's name is Serena.

Maria Croft
Aug 26th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Excellent draw for Maria.
Serena is in the other part of the draw, we couldn't have asked for more.

There are some quality opponents in her half of the draw, but if she doesn't have a total off day, nobody that should be able to beat her.

18majors
Aug 26th, 2011, 03:31 PM
A potential meeting with Petra, a Wimbledon final redux, will be epic.

Break My Rapture
Aug 26th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I really hope Maria plays Kvitova in the quarters. I want that match to happen.

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 26th, 2011, 06:14 PM
^ Me too :inlove:.

I actually dreamed of that match happening last night, but it was cut short and when Maria was trailing 1-3 in the first :sobbing:.

JamieOwen3
Aug 26th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Lol how many doubles did she serve?
Love the hard courts at the us open and the speed of the surface. Bitch it up maria.

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 26th, 2011, 11:26 PM
^ None :eek:. She hit tons of UE though :inlove::lol:.

Slampova
Aug 27th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Please Maria and Petra get to the quarters so we can see some revenge for that Wimbledon 'final' :sobbing:

Steven.
Aug 27th, 2011, 01:34 AM
^ None :eek:. She hit tons of UE though :inlove::lol:.

WTF that's even worse. DFpova still wins, but errorpova loses to all. :sobbing:

MM_1257
Aug 27th, 2011, 01:38 AM
First of all I want Maria to get in the QF, then I do not want her to play Kvitova there, I guess...

Crux Squall
Aug 27th, 2011, 03:18 AM
WTF that's even worse. DFpova still wins, but errorpova loses to all. :sobbing:

Agree. Dfpova >>>>>>> errorpova

!VamosRafa!
Aug 27th, 2011, 03:30 AM
hey everyone, I've been pretty on and off lately, sooo busy :awww:

Anyway, I hope my 2nd favorite Serena will lose to Azarenka, because I'm sure Maria would win the title then :lol:

!VamosRafa!
Aug 27th, 2011, 03:31 AM
I want a Wozniacki Sharapova final :lol:

And I really want her to play Radwanska in the QF :devil:

heelsrule1988
Aug 27th, 2011, 05:56 AM
I know this is unrelated to Maria, but... what are the odds of the Radwanska sisters playing each other in the first round?! Unbelievable. Do they hold a draw for the qualifiers just like they do for the rest of the main draw?

!VamosRafa!
Aug 27th, 2011, 08:18 AM
I just looked at next year's schedule and Stanford starts 1 day after Wimbledon :lol:
Then there are 2 weeks full of MMs and San Diego, and after that the Olympics, Montreal and Cincinnati all in consecutive 3 weeks :scared:

I think/hope Maria will play San Diego(same level as Stanford), Olympics and Cincinnati.

Playing 4 tournaments before the US Open would be a lot and also playing 3 weeks in a row is not really Maria's thing. I think SD, Olympics and Cincinnati is great because she'll have a week to rest before each event ;)

I hope she plays in Cincy instead of Montreal :unsure:

The Norwegian
Aug 27th, 2011, 08:32 AM
London is good when you got a place to stay.

Fighterpova
Aug 27th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Cant wait for the freaking USO to start :sobbing:

gc-spurs
Aug 27th, 2011, 09:41 AM
OT but I'm glad Maria is as classy as she is. Looking at McWozilroy and their PDA... they look like famewhores compared to the low key Mashasha. Mash never even talked about Sasha until they were engaged really, and here you have Woz and boyf with their photographed smooches. Gross.

claypova
Aug 27th, 2011, 09:50 AM
OT but I'm glad Maria is as classy as she is. Looking at McWozilroy and their PDA... they look like famewhores compared to the low key Mashasha. Mash never even talked about Sasha until they were engaged really, and here you have Woz and boyf with their photographed smooches. Gross.

for those who haven't seen teh pictures

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6483/80c380f7a5b7.jpg

yes i had to :oh:

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 27th, 2011, 10:15 AM
OMG :facepalm:. I doubt she's a Virgin :oh:.

Crux Squall
Aug 27th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Serena won Us open series 2011, Maria finished with the 3rd place

claypova
Aug 27th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Maria came 2nd ;)

Break My Rapture
Aug 27th, 2011, 10:41 AM

:tape: Dear lord.

mashasabinefan1
Aug 27th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Gross! Is Woz blind?!

Crux Squall
Aug 27th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Maria came 2nd ;)

No 3rd, Radwanska claims 2nd place because she won more match than maria :sad:

Lachy
Aug 27th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Bahahahahahahahahaha :hysteric:

claypova
Aug 27th, 2011, 11:44 AM
No 3rd, Radwanska claims 2nd place because she won more match than maria :sad:

no, they're tied equal 2nd :lol:

claypova
Aug 27th, 2011, 11:45 AM
i'll post one more picture just in case the other picture doesn't do it justice.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg815/scaled.php?tn=0&server=815&filename=7bwm.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

:)

Crux Squall
Aug 27th, 2011, 12:19 PM
no, they're tied equal 2nd :lol:

http://www.usopenseries.com/Standings/

NOTES:

Men: ^ Indicates that Fish has clinched the Olympus US Open Series title
^^ Indicates that Djokovic has clinched second place
^^^ Indicates that Isner has clinched third place
* Indicates a player has advanced to the final of the Winston-Salem Open
NOTE: The winner will earn an additional 25 points

Women: ^ Indicates that Williams has clinched the Olympus US Open Series title
^^ Indicates that Radwanska has clinched second place via a tiebreaker over Sharapova
^^^ Indicates that Sharapova has clinched third place
* Indicates a player has advanced to the final of the New Haven Open at Yale
NOTE: The winner will earn an additional 25 points

claypova
Aug 27th, 2011, 12:32 PM
oh, i didnt see that bit :lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 27th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Wozniacki IS a famewh*re. :lol: Sorry, but it's true.

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 27th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I do strongly believe that Caro envies Maria :angel:. She wants her game and her luck, and watching these Photos of Caroline makes me love Maria more, knowing that she hasn't done shit like that to get into front pages of papers :angel:.

slamchamp
Aug 27th, 2011, 06:03 PM
*suscribe*

slamchamp
Aug 27th, 2011, 06:06 PM

yes i had to :oh:
This picture reminds me of titanic:tape:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 27th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I do strongly believe that Caro envies Maria :angel:. She wants her game and her luck, and watching these Photos of Caroline makes me love Maria more, knowing that she hasn't done shit like that to get into front pages of papers :angel:.

Lol. Caro wants the big endorsement deals, the legions of fans, the dollars, the celeb connections, the fame, the trophies, the recognition (for her game), the admiration (for her looks) & the respect Maria has.
She wants to be everybody's darling. The No.1 in the rankings, with fans, (tennis) media and endorsers.
That's why she's pulling stunts like that stupid kangaroo thing in Australia. That's why she's doing every photo-op possible. That's why she's cheesing as hard as she can whenever there is a camera in her face. That's why she's making out with her boyfriend for the photographers.
She's on some Paris Hilton (ca. 2005) sh!t and I'm so appalled.

Like, she's trying so hard, but her act lost it's genuineness a long time ago. :help:

Gotta love how Maria's been a undercover-dorky ice-queen for the longest time and still got everything (and more) Caro wishes she had. :angel:

Ps. Sorry for the rant, but I had to get this off my chest. :lol:

gc-spurs
Aug 27th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Lol. Caro wants the big endorsement deals, the legions of fans, the dollars, the celeb connections, the fame, the trophies, the recognition (for her game), the admiration (for her looks) & the respect Maria has.
She wants to be everybody's darling. The No.1 in the rankings, with fans, (tennis) media and endorsers.
That's why she's pulling stunts like that stupid kangaroo thing in Australia. That's why she's doing every photo-op possible. That's why she's cheesing as hard as she can whenever there is a camera in her face. That's why she's making out with her boyfriend for the photographers.

Like, she's trying so hard, but her act lost it's genuineness a long time ago. :help:

Gotta love how Maria's been a undercover-dorky ice-queen for the longest time and still got everything (and more) Caro wishes she had. :angel:

Concur Virgin Mary no more. I'm not gonna lie, I used to really like Woz off court. Her game was piss-poor, but I found her a genuinely nice girl. Met her a couple of times and she was pretty cool to the fans. But for the past year or so she's been plain fame whoring it. I'm not saying she should hide her relationship or anything, but photo op kisses are soooooo tacky. It's totally fine to have a thriving off court 'career'- Maria is a prime example of that, but unlike Maria she has managed herself sooooo poorly. Makes me think of that article about Maria and how she managed herself and she did it in such a mature way.

Something has to be said about the way that she handles herself where she talks about her game and her sponsors and not herself personally. I'm kinda glad she doesn't have a twitter cause if she started namedropping and humblebragging the way Woz does then :tape:.

My rant done too.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 27th, 2011, 06:51 PM
What's with all the Caro hate? Let her live her life the way she wants to :lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 27th, 2011, 06:59 PM

This is why I hated it when Maria lost two times to this girl:o.
I mean it wasn't even a sure thing that she was dating this child and all of a sudden boom, Caroline is whoring pictures with her boyfriend :help:.

I as well as all the male fans in the world know that Maria has a boyfriend, but she doesn't shove it in out face pictures of her kissing :lol:.

Craig.
Aug 27th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Nooooooo, I wanted a night match :(

Break My Rapture
Aug 27th, 2011, 07:03 PM

Concur Virgin Mary no more. I'm not gonna lie, I used to really like Woz off court. Her game was piss-poor, but I found her a genuinely nice girl. Met her a couple of times and she was pretty cool to the fans. But for the past year or so she's been plain fame whoring it. I'm not saying she should hide her relationship or anything, but photo op kisses are soooooo tacky. It's totally fine to have a thriving off court 'career'- Maria is a prime example of that, but unlike Maria she has managed herself sooooo poorly. Makes me think of that article about Maria and how she managed herself and she did it in such a mature way.

Something has to be said about the way that she handles herself where she talks about her game and her sponsors and not herself personally. I'm kinda glad she doesn't have a twitter cause if she started namedropping and humblebragging the way Woz does then :tape:.

My rant done too.
So much truth.

I've said this before, but every attention-demanding action Wozniacki takes, reminds me so much of things you see in high school really. From congratulating Serena on a first round win in Toronto through Twitter, the silly (not to mention pretty juvenile in my eyes) joke about the kangaroo kicking her when she actually just walked into a treadmill, to the public smooching in front of the cameras. I'm sorry but I don't really think she's doing herself any justice with all this, not that she cares probably but still.

Totally opposite to the way Maria handles her love interests, friendships, sponsorship deals. Maturity is a key word here I think.

Sharapovian
Aug 27th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Schedule for Monday is out. Maria plays 3rd on Arthur Ashe but the match may be moved. (Weather permitting)

Petra Kvitova(CZE)[5] vs. Alexandra Dulgheru(ROU)

Not Before:13:00
Tobias Kamke(GER) vs. Mardy Fish(USA)[8]

This match may be moved.
Heather Watson(GBR) vs. Maria Sharapova(RUS)[3]

Craig.
Aug 27th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Why the hell would it be moved?

Break My Rapture
Aug 27th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Good luck Maria. :hearts:

AniaSharapova
Aug 27th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Schedule for Monday is out. Maria plays 3rd on Arthur Ashe but the match may be moved. (Weather permitting)

Petra Kvitova(CZE)[5] vs. Alexandra Dulgheru(ROU)

Not Before:13:00
Tobias Kamke(GER) vs. Mardy Fish(USA)[8]

This match may be moved.
Heather Watson(GBR) vs. Maria Sharapova(RUS)[3]

Great she could start in the first day! I hate waiting for first matches too long.

doooma6816
Aug 27th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Monday:cheer:...but hurricane:unsure:

USO is great...6 pm. start:D so I can watch it from start to finish. ;)

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 27th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Monday:cheer:...but hurricane:unsure:

USO is great...6 pm. start:D so I can watch it from start to finish. ;)

5PM :p

vozas
Aug 27th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Maria has always been a class act and has ALWAYS put the money where her mouth is. First and foremost she has always been an extremely professional and disciplined tennis player. Everything else from the looks to the dorky-cute attitude to the charity work and fashion designing and what not are just icing on the cake.

18majors
Aug 27th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Venus gets Arthur Ashe night match, organizers are concerned it may be an one and out fiasco.

Mistress of Evil
Aug 27th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I wanted a night match :crying2:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 27th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I'm glad we're breaking out of the Night - Night - Day (on Saturday) routine. :)

s teddy
Aug 27th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I wanted a night match :crying2:

Relax :lol: It's not as if she'll be losing to Watson.

Right? :scared:

JamieOwen3
Aug 27th, 2011, 08:35 PM
U know why caro is doing all of this with rory now dont you? Has anyone asked her about being a slamless number 1 since rory popped up? My guess is all the talk of it was getting to her, with this talk of her and rory she can feel less presure on court cuz of not having to answer why she deserves her position at the top. Piotr probably noticed and welcomed this kind of public circus affection.
Im so sure about this :lol:

vozas
Aug 27th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Piotr probably noticed and welcomed this kind of public circus affection.

Ugh, this... I couldn't care less who handles Lobniacki's limp dick forehand but I really do hope she ditches Creepyotr for good so I won't have to see his disturbing smile and insane on-court banter ever again.

Sasja
Aug 27th, 2011, 08:56 PM
U know why caro is doing all of this with rory now dont you? Has anyone asked her about being a slamless number 1 since rory popped up? My guess is all the talk of it was getting to her, with this talk of her and rory she can feel less presure on court cuz of not having to answer why she deserves her position at the top. Piotr probably noticed and welcomed this kind of public circus affection.

:lol:

I'm just waiting for someone take over the nr 1 spot, so we won't have to watch the "we are globally yours" commercial 265715611784545575 times on ES :spit:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 27th, 2011, 09:23 PM

I'm just waiting for someone take over the nr 1 spot, so we won't have to watch the "we are globally yours" commercial 265715611784545575 times on ES :spit:

This. So f*cking much!!!

!VamosRafa!
Aug 27th, 2011, 09:42 PM
It will be windy on Monday :scared:

Nina.
Aug 27th, 2011, 10:07 PM

It's not that her contract is going to end then :lol: they just have to change the "how does the no. 1 women's player..." :shrug:

doooma6816
Aug 27th, 2011, 10:21 PM
5PM :p

nawet lepiej;p

Woz:facepalm: wants to be like Masha.:sad:

gc-spurs
Aug 27th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Woznnabe

MM_1257
Aug 27th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Oh, I love Caro as much as you all do here. LOL I agree on almost everythimg that you have written. She seems fake to me from the very behinning.
Back on topic - Re Maria's match - I do not like it that it is on Monday. Wind and stuff do not mix well with Masha's game. I am a little scared.

lefty24
Aug 28th, 2011, 12:03 AM
With Masha playing on Monday... will she play on the Sept. 2nd or the 4th?

Cause I have tickets then and I will either see her play both days or neither days...

18majors
Aug 28th, 2011, 12:18 AM
With Masha playing on Monday... will she play on the Sept. 2nd or the 4th?

Cause I have tickets then and I will either see her play both days or neither days...

Most likely scenario for Maria is:

Monday 8/29/11 R1
Wednesday 8/31/11 R2
Friday 9/2/11 R3
Sunday 9/4/11 R4

This, of course, is the best guess.

Jack89
Aug 28th, 2011, 12:20 AM
I know people are scared about the wind on Monday but Maria did serve up a double bagel last year when the wind was crazy bad, so I think she'll be ok.

Plus, Watson isn't that experienced a player so if it is windy, she may struggle with it too.

lefty24
Aug 28th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Most likely scenario for Maria is:

Monday 8/29/11 R1
Wednesday 8/31/11 R2
Friday 9/2/11 R3
Sunday 9/4/11 R4

This, of course, is the best guess.

That would be awesome!! Hope Irene doesn't mess the Open up too much.
Thanks a lot 18.

goldlion
Aug 28th, 2011, 12:41 AM
The wind is okay, Maria has been there a week earlier to get the feel of the courts so she should have worked on a certain things to deal with the situation. That's why top players arrive earlier to prepare better for an important event if they're seriously contending about it. But I suppose our No.1 needs more titles under her belt or matches this year and the desire to be a NH Queen.

18majors
Aug 28th, 2011, 01:04 AM
This will be a unique US Open if it starts on Monday because all players are shut out with no practices on both Saturday and Sunday.

Hope it will help veterans like Maria.

s teddy
Aug 28th, 2011, 01:30 AM
I followed a link to the forums at Tennis Warehouse, and, after looking around a bit there, I found a thread saying that the courts at the U.S. Open were much slower than usual this year. Won't that hurt Maria's chances of winning? We all know how good Serena is on slow hard courts. :help:

goldlion
Aug 28th, 2011, 02:13 AM
She won't play Serena until the final so I won't think about that as of now.

But USO's court isn't speedy as I would have thought but it doesn't really matter that much.

I can more about the ball bounce and a higher bounce helps Maria, especially her backhand because it's very discrete.

Isn't Maria practicing at indoor courts now instead?

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 28th, 2011, 06:57 AM
I followed a link to the forums at Tennis Warehouse, and, after looking around a bit there, I found a thread saying that the courts at the U.S. Open were much slower than usual this year. Won't that hurt Maria's chances of winning? We all know how good Serena is on slow hard courts. :help:

And fast hard courts... and grass... and clay if she really wants to... :lol:

cowsonice
Aug 28th, 2011, 07:24 AM
I heard the courts are like Australian Open slow.

Maria Croft
Aug 28th, 2011, 07:32 AM
According to the schedule her first match may be moved. Let's hope she can play on Monday, and that it's not too windy.

Cherry.
Aug 28th, 2011, 08:26 AM
I have tickets for the first three days and i was originally gonna be in NY on saturday. but because of the hurricane, JFK and all other airports are shut down until Tuesday. So absolutely no flights to NY before Tuesday, which means I can only manage to go and watch on Wednesday, which means my tickets for Monday and Tuesday will be a waste if play really starts promptly on Monday.
The hurricane really messed up everything.

Break My Rapture
Aug 28th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Slower is better for Maria.

claypova
Aug 28th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I have tickets for the first three days and i was originally gonna be in NY on saturday. but because of the hurricane, JFK and all other airports are shut down until Tuesday. So absolutely no flights to NY before Tuesday, which means I can only manage to go and watch on Wednesday, which means my tickets for Monday and Tuesday will be a waste if play really starts promptly on Monday.
The hurricane really messed up everything.

:speakles:

that sucks :hug:

will you get your money back?

Fighterpova
Aug 28th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Slower is better for Maria.

Not really.
AO and Toronto were really slow and Cincy was really fast :lol:

Fighterpova
Aug 28th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I'm really scared about the wind :unsure:

AniaSharapova
Aug 28th, 2011, 11:05 AM
The wind is the same for both players.
Heather hasn't any experience of playing on the biggest court in the world during bad conditions. Hope Maria takes an advantage of this situation.

claypova
Aug 28th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Not really.

then let's compare her past AO results, with her past USO results.

Break My Rapture
Aug 28th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Not really.
Maria needs perfect first strike tennis to beat the top players who she struggles against on (fast) HCs. NOT Jankovic, Stosur and Zvonareva FYI, but Williams and Azarenka. Maria's serve is too wonky to play good enough first strike tennis, what we saw in Maria's meetings against Azarenka in Rome and Miami was that Snickers will simply outplay Maria in the rallies.

My point being, on slow HCs like AO and Toronto, Maria simply has a lot more chance against these players since she won't get robbed of her time to set up for her shots as easily on fast HCs. Example A: Maria got outplayed in Stanford (pen down: fast HCs) by both Williams and Azarenka this year and last year.

Using Maria's results in these tournaments as fundamentals for your argument (which it hardly is TBH) is plain superficial.

Fighterpova
Aug 28th, 2011, 11:29 AM
^ :rolleyes:

Break My Rapture
Aug 28th, 2011, 11:35 AM
^ :rolleyes:
Rock solid argument!

Lachy
Aug 28th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I think we all know that the outcome of practically every single match she plays is purely on her racquet, apart from against Serena/Kvitova this year. It's Errorpova or MashaFierce, toss a coin. The only time I would say she's been outplayed this whole year was against Kvitova...all her other losses involved her making substantial amounts of errors and she's done a good job of finding some consistency in comparison to this time last year.

gc-spurs
Aug 28th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Is there even a point to debating Maria's best/worst surface? Everyone thought the worst was clay because it was slow and then she got good results due to the reasons that Pieter has been stating for slow HCs and the tune changed that clay was actually her best surface nowadays. And everyone used to think that grass was her best because it was fast and suited her power game, but then a slew of poor Wimbledon showings made people say it was actually her worst surface for Pieter's fast HC reasons... BUT THEN she made the Wimbly final- her best posting since AO 2008. So whichever you choose- fast HC or slow HC, she's just gonna go and prove you wrong. Let's face it guys... our bitch is an all-surface playah :p

Steven.
Aug 28th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I think we all know that the outcome of practically every single match she plays is purely on her racquet, apart from against Serena/Kvitova this year. It's Errorpova or MashaFierce, toss a coin. The only time I would say she's been outplayed this whole year was against Kvitova...all her other losses involved her making substantial amounts of errors and she's done a good job of finding some consistency in comparison to this time last year.

Very true, couldn't have said it better.

Lachy
Aug 28th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Is there even a point to debating Maria's best/worst surface? Everyone thought the worst was clay because it was slow and then she got good results due to the reasons that Pieter has been stating for slow HCs and the tune changed that clay was actually her best surface nowadays. And everyone used to think that grass was her best because it was fast and suited her power game, but then a slew of poor Wimbledon showings made people say it was actually her worst surface for Pieter's fast HC reasons... BUT THEN she made the Wimbly final- her best posting since AO 2008. So whichever you choose- fast HC or slow HC, she's just gonna go and prove you wrong. Let's face it guys... our bitch is an all-surface playah :p

Dayumm straight! Allarounda.