PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else finding the WTA exciting right now?

Aaron.
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:19 PM
It's very exciting because no body can predict who will win. It's great :lol:

Wert.
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:20 PM
:zzz:

I can always predict matches of my favs and I simply dont care about others.

Aaron.
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:21 PM
:zzz:

I can always predict matches of my favs and I simply dont care about others. Sure thing :spit:

AcesHigh
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:21 PM
No... no... no...

It's very predictable that everyone besides Serena will suck

vozas
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:22 PM
Meh, I wish there was more quality and some bonafide rivalries, but it is indeed exciting if not only because of how unpredictable everything is.

tennisbum79
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:23 PM
This TF is becoming really flaky and fickle

One day the WTA is boring and on life support, the next day it is exciting

Wert.
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:23 PM
Sure thing :spit:

:facepalm:

Aaron.
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:25 PM
No... no... no...

It's very predictable that everyone besides Serena will suck True, but I bet nobody can correctly predict the US Open winner which makes it exciting

LUVMIRZA
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:27 PM
Naah..its exciting for you coz Serena is back with full force;)

Aaron.
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:28 PM
Naah..its exciting for you coz Serena is back with full force;) Venus is my main favorite and she hasn't played since Wimbledon :sobbing:

Not because of Serena, but because of how open all these tournaments are

LUVMIRZA
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:34 PM
Venus is my main favorite and she hasn't played since Wimbledon :sobbing:

Not because of Serena, but because of how open all these tournaments are

Venus may not go deep at USO without much practice:hug:

Without the competitiors of her generation (Justine, Venus, Kim, Elena D), whichever tournament Serena enters she is the favourite:shrug: Maria is hopeless these days. The players of Generation Suck havent got a clue yet to beat Serena:o

MiiMo
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:39 PM
I think it is actually !

Mary Cherry.
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:09 PM
Beats the Djokofest that is the ATP.

Break My Rapture
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:19 PM
Serious lack of quality play by most if not all top players. I guess they all used up their one good quality match of the season in the first week of Wimbers.

Sad that finding the WTA unpredictable is the only thing that makes it exciting for us nowadays. :lol:

Kworb
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:21 PM
WTA is horrible this year but at least it's better than ATP.

Stamp Paid
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:31 PM
My fave is doing well so yeah.

Roookie
Aug 21st, 2011, 04:01 PM
Exciting with Pushniacki and Zvonareva as number 1 and 2 players in the world? :bs:

BluSthil
Aug 21st, 2011, 04:14 PM
The WTA is on life support compared to the ATP. It's like comparing a Mustang to a Ferrari ! It will be at least a couple more years before the WTA is revived...

DemWilliamsGulls
Aug 21st, 2011, 04:15 PM
I find the ATP better than WTA honestly...its never exciting to me unless my girls are playing ;)

AcesHigh
Aug 21st, 2011, 04:31 PM
True, but I bet nobody can correctly predict the US Open winner which makes it exciting

Serena will win USO. There I correctly predicted it.

Aaron.
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:22 PM
Serena will win USO. There I correctly predicted it. Don't be so sure..Serena could have an off today against the likes of a Kvitova or Li

serenaforever
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:32 PM
I agree that its exciting because its so unpredictable and nobody knows what the eff is going to happen next. However, I don't find it that exciting. If that makes sense. :lol:

Craig.
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:34 PM
I agree that its exciting because its so unpredictable and nobody knows what the eff is going to happen next. However, I don't find it that exciting. If that makes sense. :lol:

:lol: I know exactly what you mean.

MB.
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:37 PM
With Jelena and Maria playing the final, I think it's exciting--some old blood back; makes me nostalgic for the better days of the women's tour.

Wiggly
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:39 PM

This.

Right now, if every top player played a full healthy schedule and actually made it to QFs and SFs on a regular basis, the WTA would be so much better than the one-man show that is the ATP.

Sure, they have some rivalries but Novak is winning everything and before that, you had a 90% chance of predicting the winner of the Nadal-Federer match-up depending on the surface. High ball to the backhand, anyone?

It was packed for Jankovic vs Schiavone. Would it be for Ferrer vs Solderling? Hell to the no.

crazillo
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:45 PM
This year has seen some new faces and good oyung players such as the three Germans, better and more competetive Radwanska and Azarenka etc and good signs by Pavluchenkova. I think WTA's future is shaping up nicely.

Just Do It
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:56 PM
Lady J is back = exciting.

Nicolás89
Aug 21st, 2011, 06:01 PM

Lol you only say that because Serena is back and winning, so save it. :lol:

madlove
Aug 21st, 2011, 06:33 PM
A rivalry will be exciting to me. There's just no one dominating and personally, I think it's unfortunate.

Fighterpova
Aug 21st, 2011, 06:47 PM
Well it's much better this year. No more Kim, Woz and Vera to play all the finals :o

And it's much more exciting then the epic fail called the ATP.

Wiggly
Aug 21st, 2011, 07:20 PM
A rivalry will be exciting to me. There's just no one dominating and personally, I think it's unfortunate.

You need an exciting rivalry.
Wozniacki vs Azarenka/Zvonareva = bore.

Serena vs Jelena would've been golden for the WTA. There's still time but it's not like they'll grow up together.

@little levity
Aug 22nd, 2011, 04:59 PM
I've never found rivalries that exciting. I like a lot more, when we have more than two or three players in the mix. Obviously it makes it more exciting if it's your favourite making finals more often than not.

Juju Nostalgique
Aug 22nd, 2011, 06:39 PM
Pushniacki is going down so yes it's exciting! :rolls: :spit: :rolls:

tennisfan5
Aug 22nd, 2011, 06:46 PM
It's exciting *on occasion* when there are actually high quality matches, as with JJ-Schiavone Those are too few and far between. It's usually an unforced-error fest like Sharapova-JJ. If the top players could all raise their levels and actually play like top players, it would be nice. but yes, it was nice to see JJ come back from the dead this week.

SerenaSlam
Aug 22nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
I'm just glad Serena is back. She is a high standard. You play to beat the best and have that goal. The WTA was without her for a year. IMO they will be back rolling again by January with some good matches rivalries and results.

ZODIAC
Aug 22nd, 2011, 07:40 PM
the product is inferior...good example is the final between JJ and pova

SVK
Aug 22nd, 2011, 07:49 PM

Exactly, I actually like tournaments which are not predictable, when there are many upsets and/or the title goes to someone who was not expected to win. ATP is boring for me right now:zzz:

Aaron.
Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Lol you only say that because Serena is back and winning, so save it. :lol: Serena isn't my main favorite so try again :lol: