PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnatti SF: Sharapova def. Zvonareva 2-6 6-3 6-3

SwingVolley93
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:14 AM
:facepalm:

joo.
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:14 AM
I can't. :hysteric: So many different Povas showed up during this.

Vartan
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:15 AM
:cheer:

#kArLoS#
what an utter mess :tape:

but Sharapova wanted it more,plus shes stronger mentally,so congrats

Andy.
It wasnt always pretty but her toughness got her through as it has so many times before. Only Serena is tougher mentally. Well done Masha!!!

young_gunner913
Vera being #2 player in the world is quickly becoming just as big of a joke as Wozniacki being #1. Vera, lose R1 of the open so you can fall back to where you need to be.

Gothamn
all the russians need to learn how to serve...

Mynarco
vera:tape:

Pops Maellard
Mash. :tears: Please perform respectfully in the final.

doomsday
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:16 AM
a Fucking Mess Now I M Off To Bed.

misty1
such a weird match

many ups and downs. Great play mized with nightmarishly bad errors, double faulting on break points

this match had it all, a typical russian affair

HRHoliviasmith
:zzz: never in doubt. vera didn't disappoint, per usual.

Reptilia
:)

FleetSeb
Served poorly in terms of second serves but her first serve percentage was good so it was okay really.

Returned terribly until the second set and then really upped it.

Well done Masha. :) Getting it done.

SwingVolley93
........Zvonareva does not look like the number 2 player in the world.

goldenlox
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:17 AM
I thought it was an up & down match, they both played well & sloppy off & on.
Vera had her chances but her serve is a big liability against a good returner

misty1
Vera being #2 player in the world is quickly becoming just as big of a joke as Wozniacki being #1. Vera, lose R1 of the open so you can fall back to where you need to be.

even if she loses round 1 she wont drop from top 10..she'd drop to like # 7

dsanders06
The things I've seen :crying2:

Maria, I don't want to think about how many years you've taken off my life this year :hysteric:

Galang
Such a mess.

Vera :facepalm: She just didn't want to win

duhcity
Terrible match.
Crazy Bepa is showing up a little bit.

Vincey!
I'm very happy to see how Sharapova stepped up her game when she needed to, I do think though she overestimate Vera's game in that 1st set she was trying to finish the poin WAY too quickly! Final!! That's great and a really good shot at the title too ;)

homogenius
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:18 AM
Vera in the 3rd :weirdo: :o
She got an early break, maria broke back, then vera wasted a couple of bp and collapsed mentally.not even lucid enough to see maria was really tired and the match was totally winnable

madmax
A mess from Maria, but also an opportunity to improve her 3 set W/L record this year...which is still PERFECT:cheer:
Now trash that drama queen in the final and stop brainfarting, will ya:wavey:

TheBoiledEgg
that was so up & down from Masha but she's into final :cheer:
Bepa :hug: :(

Mr.Sharapova
Good match. Shitty display from Maria.

Make it better tomorrow please :angel:.

Vee Williams
Terrible match overall. Sharapova was all over the place, Vera was... well, her usual self. Good luck in the final against Jelena.

Pump-it-UP
Sloppy sloppy sloppy. She kinda got it together towards the end though, thank god.

Vera's performance was shameful. Wilted as soon as Maria showed a sign of buckling down. :help:

Rod the Bama
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:19 AM
Good win for Maria. :clap2: Tonight`s match wasn`t pretty, but i`m pleased with how well Maria stepped up her play in the crucial games. :worship:

Fighterpova
Typical all Russian match :rolls:

Vikapower
This is one of the things great champions do best, come back the very next year to win a title an opponent has undeservedly denied them the very preceding year - 7-3 H2H now and possibly JJ to be in Maria's pigeon book. A very sweat week for her highness.

Patrick345
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:20 AM
Sharapova is a frontrunner on her serve. Whgen the score is tight or she falls behind, her serve becomes a mess, especially on the deuce side. Obviously Vera being Vera, she always gave it right back. 3-3 in the 2nd set. 1-0, 1-1 15-40, 4-3 in the 3rd set. Outside of Serena the USO should be wide open. A lot will depend on the draw and match-ups, but I wouldnt be surprised to see any of the top 12 or Venus in the final opposite to Serena.

merryploughbhoy
martha is a bitch anyway, her pathetic OTT shrieking is beyond a joke.

SwingVolley93
Someone give Aga Vera's ranking. :)

HuHu
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:21 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/111m7t2.jpg

Fighterpova
So fucking happy :banana::sobbing: Such a dramatic match :hysteric:
So many ups an downs, but she came through in the end :D

Vera :hug:

Good luck in the final :bounce:

TennisArt
One of the ugliest matches I have seen this year. Errors and double faults galore.

Otlichno
That girls voice after the match basically sums up the match. :facepalm:

pav
That match was totally down to silly Bepa, as I wrote before the match, if her serve was late 60s early 70s she was right in it, and sure enough, her serve% dropped and that was it,can't give points to a good player:sad:

Bayo
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:22 AM
Now win the title to atone for last year's choke.

Break My Rapture
That first set was crappier than the colour of her outfit.

And even in the 2nd and 3rd set, I got the feeling that there was little to no control/measurement on Maria's groundstrokes. I'm not optimistic about her chances in the final, she was grinding way too much for my liking in this match.

joo.
That girls voice after the match basically sums up the match. :facepalm:

:lol:

moemoe
"Oh Maria Maria you remind me of a west side story."
She makes you sweat when you're her fan.

18majors
I'm happy for Maria. She needs to have a tough match before US Open and she got it tonight.

Maria will handle Serena much better after tonight's match.

JamieMU30
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:23 AM
Pam Shriver drives me crazy. Seriously, she was talking about Zvonareva having won 42 matches this year second to Wozniacki who has won 49. She always fails to give Peng Shuai credit for having won the second most amount of matches this year. Wozniacki has won 49, Peng has won 48. Zvonareva has only won 44 or 45. Seriously, I have heard Pam Shriver make this comment at least three times in the last three weeks. Very frustrating that these idiot commentators don't give Peng the proper credit for all her hard work this year. Gets your facts straight, Shriver!!

MaruSharapova
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:24 AM
Pleased, but not happy! Glad she won, but I want her to play better!

doomsday
I'm happy for Maria. She needs to have a tough match before US Open and she got it tonight.

:lol: I don't even want to think about a meeting vs Serena EVER.

doooma6816
what a shit from both hahaha...1st set from masha...it's shocking that it was that bad...probably the worst her set since Australia.
Then she put more balls in..but still so many errors.

Thanks God she won it!
A win is a win.
Final! ;)

Patrick345
Pam Shriver drives me crazy. Seriously, she was talking about Zvonareva having won 42 matches this year second to Wozniacki who has won 49. She always fails to give Peng Shuai credit for having won the second most amount of matches this year. Wozniacki has won 49, Peng has won 48. Zvonareva has only won 44 or 45. Seriously, I have heard Pam Shriver make this comment at least three times in the last three weeks. Very frustrating that these idiot commentators don't give Peng the proper credit for all her hard work this year. Gets your facts straight, Shriver!!

Im more confused Zvonareva has won over 42. :lol:

Anyway Kvitova had won 44, Bartoli 42, Azarenka 41 before Cincy, so Im sure there are others in that range.

Kitten63
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:25 AM
That was a crazy up and down match :lol:

Congrats on making the final Masha :yeah:

Sorry Bepa :hug:

young_gunner913

:spit: Serena will kick Maria's ass worse than last time if she plays like she did tonight.

doooma6816

Maria would have been double baggeled today by Serena.

merryploughbhoy

It's because Pengs wins have come aginst a much lower average of ranked players, why should she get more credit for that? Caro and Vera have played and beaten high ranked opponents.

Bayo
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:26 AM
Maria 10-0 in three setters this year, says an ESPN2 stat.

dsanders06
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:27 AM
Im more confused Zvoanreva has won over 42. :lol:

Same. Are there 20 rounds at the Baku Cup or something? :confused:

Fighterpova
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:27 AM

And even in the 2nd and 3rd set, I got the feeling that there was little to no control/measurement on Maria's groundstrokes. I'm not optimistic about her chances in the final, she was grinding way too much for my liking in this match.

This :hysteric:

Vikapower
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:28 AM
:spit: Serena will kick Maria's ass worse than last time if she plays like she did tonight.

No she would not. It's crazy how you are quick to create tension in a thread that is dedicated to Maria at first instance.

And Caro ? :rolleyes: During the clay season she wasn't a princess.

madmax
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:31 AM
how predictable to see WS fans trolling anytime Maria wins a match...bitter bullies just can't stay away from her threads:facepalm:

merryploughbhoy
Peng has got an equal amount of top 10 wins as Wozniacki this year. :)

I.e she got lucky a few times more than see normaly would due to other top 10 players not turning up for the matches v her. Consistancy and trophies are what whats the top plays. Not a flash in the pan piece of trash like pen.

Lachy
Some of Maria's 2nd serves were unbelievable. I dunno how she gets herself to hit a 2nd that hard. Too risky though :lol: Amazing win, Vera is a tough opponent!

Are you ever optimistic Pieter? :p :lol:

hilluis
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:32 AM
The WTA top 10 players are lamentable at the moment... DFs galore, little consistency... lacking a core group of solid players. Henin definitely brought quality and consistency to the game... and to the games of other players...

merryploughbhoy
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:33 AM
No she would not. It's crazy how you are quick to create tension in a thread that is dedicated to Maria at first instance.

And Caro ? :rolleyes: During the clay season she wasn't a princess.

Wozniacki is streets ahead of any player on the tour in the looks department so of course she's always a princess :drool:

theFutureisNow
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:33 AM
Maria still can't serve, but has had easily the best return game in tennis this year.

Hopefully that will be enough to win a slam.

carling
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:35 AM
Woo-hoo! This is why I love Maria! Now kick-ass in the final and WIN this bitch!

Bijoux0021
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:35 AM

:lol:

You're so delusional. :o That was a tough match? :confused:

Vera Headcase Zvonareva played like she doesn't belong in top 20, let alone top 5. :sad:

Vikapower
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:38 AM
Wozniacki is streets ahead of any player on the tour in the looks department so of course she's always a princess :drool:

Obviously you know it's not true, you wouldn't be coming in Maria's thread to make such statements. :lol: Woz's attitudes on clay were pathetic and you are the least to come here and give to such an incredible woman like Maria moralizing lessons. :lol:

claypova
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:40 AM
Maria :yeah:

merryploughbhoy
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:42 AM
Obviously you know it's not true, you wouldn't be coming in Maria's thread to make such statements. :lol: Woz's attitudes on clay were pathetic and you are the least to come here and give to such an incredible woman like Maria moralizing lessons. :lol:

No, I like martha but Wozniacki is much better.

joo.
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:44 AM

3 Grand Slams > 0 :wavey:

Didn't we already go through this during Peak Wozniacki months ago? :scratch:

JamieMU30
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:47 AM
Are you kidding me? A win is a win, period. Shriver said "wins" not "wins over lower ranked players". Vera and Caro have not won 40-50 matches over lower ranked players. It's not like they get byes into the quarterfinals or semifinals. Bottom line, you have to report the facts and give credit to those who deserve it. The facts stand that Peng has the second most match wins of the seasons. Period.

Vikapower
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:48 AM

You love Maria by treating her untouchable person of bitch ? :confused: Try fooling another person disguised hater. :lol:

claypova
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:49 AM

oh really now?

carling
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:51 AM
A bit off topic, but...

I actually used to think Caroline was prettier than Maria (circa 2009), but not anymore. Caroline is one of my faves and obviously an attractive girl, but she's got nothing on Maria these days.

IMO, the player "streets ahead of any player on the tour in the looks department" is Miss Ana Ivanovic. She is the fairest of them all. :worship:

merryploughbhoy
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:57 AM
oh really now?

I dont mind sharapova but she can be a bitch, that screaming is annoying. I'v seen martha live at wimbledon, she's so much different than seeing her on tv, she's really lanky, bit freaky even. Wozniacki looks even nicer when you watch her for real...

claypova
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:00 AM
I dont mind sharapova but she can be a bitch, that screaming is annoying. I'v seen martha live at wimbledon, she's so much different than seeing her on tv, she's really lanky, bit freaky even. Wozniacki looks even nicer when you watch her for real...

yes, I don' tmind Wozniacki at all, it's just that her gross pusher game ruins the WTA, her presence in the top spot is :facepalm: and her awkward personality is so weird and she tries too hard. Also, that massive forehead bothers me.

But i don't mind Wozniacki, I like her.

merryploughbhoy
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:01 AM
A bit off topic, but...

I actually used to think Caroline was prettier than Maria (circa 2009), but not anymore. Caroline is one of my faves and obviously an attractive girl, but she's got nothing on Maria these days.

IMO, the player "streets ahead of any player on the tour in the looks department" is Miss Ana Ivanovic. She is the fairest of them all. :worship:

Each to their own but I much prefer Caro. Not just the looks but she seems a nicer person, less cocky and doesnt come across as fake. Ivanovic is nicer than martha, azarenka is too.

gc-spurs
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:06 AM
Each to their own but I much prefer Caro. Not just the looks but she seems a nicer person, less cocky and doesnt come across as fake. Ivanovic is nicer than martha, azarenka is too.

I used to think this of Caro in 2009 and 2010 even when others would say othewise, but this year she has come off as cocky and fake. Definitely not s genuine as she used to be.

Purple_Rain
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:13 AM
Didn't see the match, and I guess I didn't miss much. Nine DFs in three sets isn't bad by Masha's standards, though.

Masha will have a good chance against Serena if she can steal the first set, because, as other posters have pointed out, she's 10-0 in three-set matches this year. But I just can't see anything but a straight sets win for Serena at this point.

carling
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:16 AM
Also, that massive forehead bothers me.

Gotta agree. It's amazing that Caroline is as attractive as she is given the massive forehead, round face, and big teeth that overbite.

Fed_Ds
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:18 AM
:hearts: Maria :hearts:

Andy.
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:20 AM
Just because she doesn't get about with a grin on her face all the time and doesnt have the personality of a character from a fairytale does not make her a bitch. Masha rarely if ever has a bad word to say about any player (the only slighty harsh comment was "is her last name Jankovic". Maria is anything but fake. She just keeps to herself more than others. Caroline is the one that tries so hard to come across as nice a cheery but when things arent going her way we see a differnt side of her. We see the throwing of rackets, verbal outburst and grumpy disposition. What I'm trying to say is just because someone isnt trying to be everyones friend, does not mean they are a bitch.

Steven.
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:24 AM
young_gunner is very annoying and almost as bad as World Life.

as for merryplough whatever, Maria is a very nice person but she was quiet. I think Sasha is slowly bringing out the better side of her though. Her recent interviews have shown much more personality than in the past i'll admit.

She might have been counting main draw matches. Not sure exactly how many qualifying matches Peng won this year, but if that was the case I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't second.

Anyway, woke up at 1-5 and then went back to sleep. Glad she pulled it out and I heard she played much better from the second set onwards. :yeah: Please take the title now!

slamchamp
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:01 AM
Wozniacki is streets ahead of any player on the tour in the looks department so of course she's always a princess :drool:wow a wozniacki fan troll where have I seen that before?:tape:

justineheninfan
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:09 AM
Vera is set for a rankings fall after the U.S Open most likely.

Roookie
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:25 AM
Vera is set for a rankings fall after the U.S Open most likely.

About time. Thank you Masha :hearts:

effedcamel
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:33 AM
Gotta agree. It's amazing that Caroline is as attractive as she is given the massive forehead, round face, and big teeth that overbite.

I always felt she had tiny gremlin teeth and too much gums in her smile :tape:

Stonerpova
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:56 AM
Saw this one live. The first set and a half was pretty flat from Maria, but as soon as she upped her intensity the crowd got into it and it was a pretty fun atmosphere. There were definitely some iffy spots in the last two sets but overall I'm happy with how Maria played. I hadn't seen Maria play in two years and I had forgotten just how hard she hits the ball. TV just doesn't do it justice. Not a great match, but great drama.

Jane Lane
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:59 AM
Bepa :sobbing:

So close :hug: I swear, when Maria DFed to give her the break back for 43*, I thought she had it.

Belmont Lad
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:34 AM
Glad to see Maria recover from the flat start and pull out the 3 setter. :yeah: so looking forward to the match tomorrow with JJ :hearts: Bring it ladies!!!! :yeah:

Ayumilover.
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:39 AM
mixed feelings.

maria winning is good for the WTA and obviously she's double the player vera is...but now Nana isn't going to be #5 :(

DOUBLEFIST
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:42 AM
Well, Vera had plenty of chances. She just doesn't handle big moments well. :shrug:

Congrats to Maria. She'll destroy JJ.

Mashabator
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:44 AM
Win is a win :) YAY

ElusiveChanteuse
Aug 21st, 2011, 06:09 AM
Bepa :shrug:

Maria Croft
Aug 21st, 2011, 06:14 AM
That's awesome, beating the number #2 and reaching another final, all in one day :drool:

BepaMaria
Aug 21st, 2011, 07:24 AM
From the comments posted on this thread, Masha apparently did not play very well. But don't forget who she's playing. Its Vera Zvonareva, the woman with the best tennis ability and raw talent in the world! Zvonareva was always going to trouble her with her excellent defence and controlled aggression, but Masha did well to fend that off and eventually clinch the win with her mental toughness.

This match shows exactly why Zvonareva deserves that world #2 position currently and also why Masha deserves to be #1 in the race and return to top 5 in the rankings(I think she will beat JJ easily:)). After this performance, I'm confident that both girls will go far in the USO, probably at least the semis unless they face a looming Serena/Venus. Rest well and good luck for the USO! :yeah:

LightsOut!
Aug 21st, 2011, 07:26 AM
Bepa :sad:
Masha :)

Bronx19
Aug 21st, 2011, 07:38 AM

I can beat that.

When Stosur plays, her and the bloke are a broken record. She ALWAYS comments that Stosur doesnt read the game well and he ALWAYS mentions Stosurs come back from lymes disease.

Say Hey Kid
Aug 21st, 2011, 07:43 AM
Got to love the mental toughness Maria showed in this match. Staying positive after the first set despite being flat out dominated.

Maria rocks
Aug 21st, 2011, 08:45 AM
:bounce::bounce::bounce::D NOW GO AND WIN THAT TITLE MARIA XX

claypova
Aug 21st, 2011, 08:47 AM
From the comments posted on this thread, Masha apparently did not play very well. But don't forget who she's playing. Its Vera Zvonareva, the woman with the best tennis ability and raw talent in the world! Zvonareva was always going to trouble her with her excellent defence and controlled aggression, but Masha did well to fend that off and eventually clinch the win with her mental toughness.

This match shows exactly why Zvonareva deserves that world #2 position currently and also why Masha deserves to be #1 in the race and return to top 5 in the rankings(I think she will beat JJ easily:)). After this performance, I'm confident that both girls will go far in the USO, probably at least the semis unless they face a looming Serena/Venus. Rest well and good luck for the USO! :yeah:

whatever floats your goat :hug:

MaruSharapova
Aug 21st, 2011, 08:49 AM
Glad I stayed up for this! after the first set, I thought it wasn't gonna be Maria's night, but once she got going, the result was NID :)

pav
Aug 21st, 2011, 09:00 AM
mixed feelings.

maria winning is good for the WTA and obviously she's double the player vera is...but now Nana isn't going to be #5 :(
If she's obviously double the player Vera is, and as your sig.states, Na Li is the greatest player of all time,how come they hide this huge advantage so much :confused: Mustn't want to stand out in the crowd!

Mistress of Evil
Aug 21st, 2011, 10:14 AM
a TOP 8 win, finally :oh:
thank God, she didn't lose to Zvonareva, it would have been so embarrassing :sobbing:
Win it all, Mashenka :cheer:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 21st, 2011, 10:20 AM
Please draw gods make Serena have Sharapova in her section at the US Open and Vera have Aga just to punish them for this pathetic match!

toby345
Aug 21st, 2011, 10:29 AM
It's sooo nice to see Mario so delighted after MP, she is enjoying winning much more as in her first career :hearts:

bandabou
Aug 21st, 2011, 10:51 AM
Nice, nice..congrats to Masha! Seems the serve is back again! :bounce:

cn ireland
Aug 21st, 2011, 11:10 AM
Congrats Maria:bounce:

Now win the title:D!

Sombrerero loco
Aug 21st, 2011, 12:21 PM
expected.please lose early in the us open vera

bandabou
Aug 21st, 2011, 12:38 PM
how predictable to see WS fans trolling anytime Maria wins a match...bitter bullies just can't stay away from her threads:facepalm:

:lol: I guess you guys missed out on vikapower talking crap about Serena in the other thread, but whatever..it's cool man. :lol:

Steven.
Aug 21st, 2011, 12:42 PM
:lol: I guess you guys missed out on vikapower talking crap about Serena in the other thread, but whatever..it's cool man. :lol:

TF is seriously like highschool all over again... :facepalm: SHE THREW IT FIRST etc. and anyway, everyone knows vikapower is this year's twat champion for a reason. did you see her most recent thread? :scared: She's not to be taken seriously.

Vikapower
Aug 21st, 2011, 12:47 PM

:lol: Which thread ? I haven't bad talked Serena for a while, perhaps a month or two but lol. :lol:

bandabou
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:02 PM
TF is seriously like highschool all over again... :facepalm: SHE THREW IT FIRST etc. and anyway, everyone knows vikapower is this year's twat champion for a reason. did you see her most recent thread? :scared: She's not to be taken seriously.

As I already told doomsday, don't cry about Ws-fans. Hold YOUR fellow Masha-fans in check and there won't be any problems in paradise.

bandabou
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:03 PM
:lol: Which thread ? I haven't bad talked Serena for a while, perhaps a month or two but lol. :lol:

what a fool...:lol: :facepalm: You mean the thread about Kim's withdrawal from the U.S. open is two months old? OMG! :facepalm:

Steven.
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:17 PM
As I already told doomsday, don't cry about Ws-fans. Hold YOUR fellow Masha-fans in check and there won't be any problems in paradise.

As I've said once before, most Masha fans are actually fine, jsut a few very, very active 'trolls' who is full of it. On the other hand, it seems like at least half of the Serena fan base are just like them and gloat and talk shit, but nobody can see anything because Serena is the best player of this generation and that's basically their 'get out of jail free card'.

sigh.

I really never thought I'd get to the point of having to argue on tf every day! Maybe I just have to be less active again which is fine by me actually.

C. Drone
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:35 PM
"- Want to play who is worse, Bepa?
- Okay. why not?"

well done Maria, though. After 1st set she actually realised who is her opponent. :lol: good to see that 3 set record this year, problem sometimes she is not even close to win 1 of the first 2.
Time to beat Junkovic again :cheer:

Vera... :weirdo: i dont want to know whats going in her head. Never. :tape:

Vikapower
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:37 PM
what a fool...:lol: :facepalm: You mean the thread about Kim's withdrawal from the U.S. open is two months old? OMG! :facepalm:

ROFL again I didn't say anything wrong against Rena :lol: I was much more complimentary about her game than I was in the past. :D

bandabou
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:41 PM
As I've said once before, most Masha fans are actually fine, jsut a few very, very active 'trolls' who is full of it. On the other hand, it seems like at least half of the Serena fan base are just like them and gloat and talk shit, but nobody can see anything because Serena is the best player of this generation and that's basically their 'get out of jail free card'.

sigh.

I really never thought I'd get to the point of having to argue on tf every day! Maybe I just have to be less active again which is fine by me actually.

Sorry that you see that way. There's no need for gloating...the facts speek for themselves. I'm sure that you didn't have much trouble with your fellow Masha-fans baiting and talking about Serena.

Masha is a great champ and kudos for her doing great again. But that doesn't excuse her fans or 'trolls' with her name in their signatures, to talk about Serena. Always gonna be consequence, it's the way it is.

bandabou
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:42 PM
ROFL again I didn't say anything wrong against Rena :lol: I was much more complimentary about her game than I was in the past. :D

:lol: Of course...her having barely top 50 talent, apart from her serve, is a compliment I guess. :lol: I take it, she's an overachiever then. Nice! :bounce:

Break My Rapture
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:33 PM
LOL @ merryploughboy in this thread. None of his/her posts make any sense at all.

:bigcry:!!

rucolo
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:20 PM
Congrats, Maria! Nice fight back! :D:yeah:

Vera :hug:

Too many UEs in this match :help:

Vikapower
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:50 PM
:lol: Of course...her having barely top 50 talent, apart from her serve, is a compliment I guess. :lol: I take it, she's an overachiever then. Nice! :bounce:

:shrug: Facts and you always seem to make 2 but hey not a problem... :lol: you yourself conceded a time my statements for her serve... For the talent she possesses she's an overachiever you yourself say it. :bigwave:

bandabou
Aug 21st, 2011, 04:10 PM
:shrug: Facts and you always seem to make 2 but hey not a problem... :lol: you yourself conceded a time my statements for her serve... For the talent she possesses she's an overachiever you yourself say it. :bigwave:

If you say she doesn't have top 30 talent, but she still somehow ended as the most acomplished champ of her generation, then....what other conclusion can I make?! :shrug:

Better be an overachiever, than an underachiever..like Masha?! :eek: :tape:

Vikapower
Aug 21st, 2011, 04:21 PM
If you say she doesn't have top 30 talent, but she still somehow ended as the most acomplished champ of her generation, then....what other conclusion can I make?! :shrug:

Your conclusion is sarcastic since you're her fan :lol: - perhaps she's most accomplished but your fandom must not prevent you from seeing the enormous stubs in her game and the diverse things she took adv. off to be what she is right now... :wavey:

:lol: Your hatred for Maria really blinds you crazily, effectively Maria is an underachiever at 24 and 5-6 more years tennis to play still *claps* :lol: Maria has 4 or 5 majors left in her, catching Rena is another story.

hablo
Aug 21st, 2011, 04:24 PM

Bandabou: Serena has how many slams again? Why are you arguing? You don't get that many slams when you are overachieving anyway. :haha:

If anything, Serena has underachieved imo. :tape:

HRHoliviasmith
Aug 21st, 2011, 04:26 PM
Bandabou: Serena has how many slams again? Why are you arguing? You don't get that many slams when you are overachieving anyway. :haha:

BIGTIME. :sobbing:

BluSthil
Aug 21st, 2011, 04:26 PM
Yawn... It is fairly predictable when Zvonareva plays Sharapova (7-3). Sharapova has 2 big advantages over Vera and anyone else she plays except Serena. She has great mental fortitiude and that warrior spirit. If Sharapova plays like she did last night (a little improvement wouldn't hurt), she and Serena ought to be the favorites at the US Open.

Vikapower
Aug 21st, 2011, 04:44 PM

Evidently she overachieved in majors, her intrinsic talent doesn't go beyond 6 or 8 majors from my estimations.

atominside
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:09 PM
Evidently she overachieved in majors, her intrinsic talent doesn't go beyond 6 or 8 majors from my estimations.
You put sharapova fans to shame:o

Break My Rapture
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:31 PM
Please elaborate why you think Williamsova is overachieving and whatnot. :oh:

bandabou
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:41 PM
Your conclusion is sarcastic since you're her fan :lol: - perhaps she's most accomplished but your fandom must not prevent you from seeing the enormous stubs in her game and the diverse things she took adv. off to be what she is right now... :wavey:

:lol: Your hatred for Maria really blinds you crazily, effectively Maria is an underachiever at 24 and 5-6 more years tennis to play still *claps* :lol: Maria has 4 or 5 majors left in her, catching Rena is another story.

Oh mannn! Why, why?! :lol: 13 majors are 13 majors. If she can win that many with barely top 30 talent, thenn...:lol: I'll take it.

What? Serena when she was Maria's age had 7 msjors, career slam AND at a time held are 4 majors. Soooo..Masha with her top 3 talent with only 3 majors?! Almost 4 years without a major..:eek: Is underachieving BIG time...your own words.

Masha-fans, don't come cry now..you did nothing to stop this fool, sooo...it's on! :devil:

atominside
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:43 PM
swear, serena fans are the worst, most obnoxious fans out there.

Craig.
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:44 PM
Oh mannn! Why, why?! :lol: 13 majors are 13 majors. If she can win that many with barely top 30 talent, thenn...:lol: I'll take it.

What? Serena when she was Maria's age had 7 msjors, career slam AND at a time held are 4 majors. Soooo..Masha with her top 3 talent with only 3 majors?! Almost 4 years without a major..:eek: Is underachieving BIG time...your own words.

Masha-fans, don't come cry now..you did nothing to stop this fool, sooo...it's on! :devil:

Why bother? :lol: I'd rather just sit back and laugh at this nonsense.

supertec
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:47 PM
Good result for Maria:)

bandabou
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:48 PM
swear, serena fans are the worst, most obnoxious fans out there.

Vikapower started it with his/her foolish comments about Serena. Masha-fans went all giggles and laughing, so don't come cry now. :rolleyes::(

Vikapower
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:48 PM

Obviously even me I'm obliged to take it but honesty wants you to admit that her game didn't allow her to - her game or so said talent participated something like 10 to 15% in the various majors she won, all the rest of % vary in weight from field composition, luck etc... :)

No, Serena's career is over, she's 30 something now - my observations are made on somebody who might not even win a major again. To be fair play come back in 2016 or something and let's see if your statement holds still. :lol:

tennisbum79
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:49 PM
You just put a lot of words together that may sound like nice prose to you, but are utter nonsence.

Lefty.
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:51 PM

You need to stop.

atominside
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:56 PM
Vikapower started it with his/her foolish comments about Serena. Masha-fans went all giggles and laughing, so don't come cry now. :rolleyes::(
If we're giggling about his posts, its because their hilariously wrong. Obviously. Vikapower/BepaMaria are probably the only Mariafans like this. So get it right. :tape:

Dominic
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:57 PM

Seriously? How old are you 12? And by saying that I'm probably insulting 12 year olds.

pav
Aug 21st, 2011, 06:59 PM
Am I the only one who gets sick of these idiots ripping into players when they lose- "Zvonareva is the worst #2 in history"etc. etc.Stosur got it the other day, Caro gets it the most, it's just pathetic!I remember when Bepa first broke into the top ten years ago,it was according to GM experts an unhappy accident and she would be soon be down where she belongs in the 20 to 15 area and never rise above,she did drop through injury, but though no talent of her own got back there,just lucky I suppose. She probably will have a drop soon, I hope not, but it's up to her.
When Masha lost to Olga the other day I didn't launch an assault on her saying she couldn't play tennis for shit, because we all know she can, you pricks who do this must be very insecure or have not partaken of enough breast milk, when you should have, but I suppose if it gives you some feeling of power, then keep it up:weirdo:

effedcamel
Aug 21st, 2011, 07:17 PM

Saying evidently would imply you have some empirical data to back up your statement...which you then contradict by saying estimations :rolleyes:

Mistress of Evil
Aug 21st, 2011, 07:47 PM

Im more confused Zvonareva has won over 42. :lol:

Anyway Kvitova had won 44, Bartoli 42, Azarenka 41 before Cincy, so Im sure there are others in that range.

I am not sure but probably Pam meant MD wins only :shrug: and as far as I recall Peng played qualies a couple of times ;)

bandabou
Aug 21st, 2011, 09:15 PM
Seriously? How old are you 12? And by saying that I'm probably insulting 12 year olds.

Whatever....:lol: You don't like people making fun about your fav? Me neither, soooo.....back off! :fiery:

bandabou
Aug 21st, 2011, 09:34 PM
Obviously even me I'm obliged to take it but honesty wants you to admit that her game didn't allow her to - her game or so said talent participated something like 10 to 15% in the various majors she won, all the rest of % vary in weight from field composition, luck etc... :)

No, Serena's career is over, she's 30 something now - my observations are made on somebody who might not even win a major again. To be fair play come back in 2016 or something and let's see if your statement holds still. :lol:

:lol: So Serena got lucky to the tune of 13 majors?! :eek: Daanng!! Better lucky than smart I guess..:lol:

Okay, okay..we'll talk in 2016. I wouldn't be surprised if Serena won another major, before Maria wins another..might turn it was MARIA's career that was over all along. :lol:

SwingVolley93
Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:04 AM

Oh, how great the day will be when you realize that no one gives a fuck about what you have to say. :kiss: