PDA

View Full Version : No matter who's out, isn't K. Wozniacka the US Open Favorite?

Leelee.
Aug 20th, 2011, 11:09 PM
#1. 140% more points than anyone. Hardcourts are her best surface. She's learned to dominate slams from her boyfriend. She let McFail win because she cares so much about the future of USian tennis, and her generosity shall be rewarded.

Tennisfan06
Aug 20th, 2011, 11:13 PM
:facepalm::help::rolleyes:

Hurley
Aug 20th, 2011, 11:16 PM
#1. 140% more points than anyone. Hardcourts are her best surface. She's learned to dominate slams from her boyfriend. She let McFail win because she cares so much about the future of USian tennis, and her generosity shall be rewarded.

Don't get banz. :awww:

northern lad
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/northernlad23/smizing.gif

Gaz.
you're back :o

ViennaCalling
Aug 20th, 2011, 11:19 PM
http://i1.kwejk.pl/site_media/obrazki/125740-barney-stinson.gif

Hurley
Aug 20th, 2011, 11:19 PM
gif

Raja SMIZING :hearts:

eDonkey
Aug 20th, 2011, 11:28 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lky07ySGpH1qes2c8o1_500.gif
But it is all due to Rory, pity golf is not Olympic sport, she could grab the gold then.:bowdown:

Stamp Paid
Aug 20th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Unequivocal fave

JCTennisFan
Aug 20th, 2011, 11:35 PM
with that forehand? I dont think she will ever be a favorite to win a GS, except on slow surfaces like clay. Her forehand is too wonky and if it isnt fixed then the slow surfaces will be the only ones to give her enough time to setup on that wing. When she gets rushed on that side she sprays all over the place. I honestly think her HC F at the US was somewhat flukey, in that she has a better shot on clay than on a fast hardcourt. Alot of people will not agree because clay takes any sort of power out of her game and hardcourt enhances it, but HC also exposes her Forehand more than clay IMO.

Fighterpova
Aug 20th, 2011, 11:37 PM
http://curezone.com/upload/Members/new03/omg_wtf_cat.jpg

duhcity
Aug 20th, 2011, 11:54 PM
with that forehand? I dont think she will ever be a favorite to win a GS, except on slow surfaces like clay. Her forehand is too wonky and if it isnt fixed then the slow surfaces will be the only ones to give her enough time to setup on that wing. When she gets rushed on that side she sprays all over the place. I honestly think her HC F at the US was somewhat flukey, in that she has a better shot on clay than on a fast hardcourt. Alot of people will not agree because clay takes any sort of power out of her game and hardcourt enhances it, but HC also exposes her Forehand more than clay IMO.

lol. Okay.
Her FH isn't that wonky. Not enough so on a Goerges level that it's too rushed on HC.
She actually can and has flattened out the FH. It's her tendency to resort to looping it under pressure, and is a substandard finishing shot.
Her HC results are not flukey. SF last year. Several titles on US HC. MP to get to the AO final this year. I don't think Hard is her problem.

And lol. Caroline on clay is an even bigger mess. The movement on that particular surface will be the death of her.

Anyway, had Caroline gone deep in Montreal and Cincinnati, not even win, I would have had her as second favorite after Serena. But she's probably playing her worst tennis since 2009. Which really sucks for her. Her Dubai-Doha-IW play could probably win the US Open. But she's not there now.

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 21st, 2011, 12:06 AM

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad151/Milot_Sheremeti/tumblr_lf3wi5jClA1qa4y3m.gif

jefrilibra
Aug 21st, 2011, 12:20 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/o8e9oi.gif

dsanders06
Aug 21st, 2011, 12:27 AM

THANK YOU! I've been saying this for months. There's simply too many players who can overpower her on hardcourts, particularly at the super-quick US Open, so I have a hard time picturing her EVER winning that Slam no matter what improvements she makes to her game. Clay is definitely her best shot, because her opponents' power is neutralised, and physical stamina and fitness has a greater role, which is pretty much the only thing Wozniacka tops the charts on on the WTA. It's true that Clay is the surface where she generally plays her worst tennis, but it's the same for pretty much EVERY player these days (including this year's RG winner). Honestly I really think RG this year was pretty much as good a chance of winning a Slam as she's ever going to get, as she'd had a decent claycourt season and all the top names were either injured or out-of-form ... she should've taken about 3 weeks off after IW/Miami solely to work on her sliding on claycourts, rather than playing a million and one tournaments and letting her game stagnate and blow her chances at RG.

Oyster
Aug 21st, 2011, 12:30 AM
People, stop feeding the troll.

Viktymise
Aug 21st, 2011, 12:30 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of K. Bond. Former QFist. :shrug:

Capriati Rules
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:26 AM
Can a Mod please delete this troll thread? thanks :wavey:

theFutureisNow
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:40 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of K. Bond. Former QFist. :shrug:

Good call.

After all, she has won 7 matches since Caro last won.

Bayo
Aug 21st, 2011, 02:42 AM
I'd pick myself before Wozniacki.

serenaforever
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:07 AM
No.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:48 AM
Who is this K. Wozniacka fellow? :confused:

new-york
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:53 AM

I wanna see.

Volcana
Aug 21st, 2011, 04:02 AM
At this point, her record in the sams is so bad, he won;t be the favotire at ANY slam until she wins one. Last two years in the slams ......

OZ RG WB US OZ RG WB
4r QF 4r SF SF 3r 4r

Is that a GOOD record? Actually yes. Is it a record I favor to win the whole thing? No.

So Disrespectful
Aug 21st, 2011, 04:04 AM
You can never count out the #1 seed. :oh:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 21st, 2011, 04:14 AM
People, stop feeding the troll.

:hysteric: