PDA

View Full Version : Great news!!... Aravane Rezai receives the French WC for the US Open!! :)

Ayumilover.
Aug 20th, 2011, 06:28 AM
I really hope she did. She is truly the best french player there is now, and she is such an amazing women. I think she did because she is in Texas this week at that new tournament, but she is not ranked high enough to to get into the US Open main draw. I haven't heard any official announcement though. What's going on?
They better give it to her or i will be pissed.

(edited)

BlueTrees
Aug 20th, 2011, 06:38 AM
How about you do a bit of research before pointlessly starting threads

Sasja
Aug 20th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Yeah, she did.

Check this thread:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=442031

Or the USO website:
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2011-08-18/201108181313685566595.html

Ayumilover.
Aug 20th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Oh ok, it was never officially announced in the TF thread but i see it now on the website. Thank you so much Sasja!

I'm also really happy now to find out Arav got the wildcard. She is the most deserving of it, and still will have her chances to make it big again. This year may be a wash, but I think she'll be back next year stronger than ever.

young_gunner913
Aug 20th, 2011, 07:03 AM
What a waste.

Ayumilover.
Aug 20th, 2011, 07:05 AM
What a waste.

How so? :confused: :weirdo:

what an awful thing to say :help: :smash:

everyone knows she is the best French player when at her best. She's had personal problems that have traumatized her year, but she will be back. She's too good not to be a champion.

Gilas.
Aug 20th, 2011, 07:12 AM
I believe Bartoli is the best French player right now, being Top 10 and all :shrug:
I hope Aravane uses the WC well though.

burn
Aug 20th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Congrats :shrug:

young_gunner913
Aug 20th, 2011, 07:18 AM
IMO, she'd do better playing qualifying. She's been absolutely dreadful this year and I understand her personal issues and I feel for her, but let's be honest, it would be a bigger opportunity to give to a young upcoming French player like Kristina Mladenovic who has a good year on the ITF tour than have Rezai most likely squander this. More power to her if she wins a round or two, but I think there's better choices than her regardless.

eDonkey
Aug 20th, 2011, 07:24 AM
I'm also really happy now to find out Arav got the wildcard. She is the most deserving of it, and still will have her chances to make it big again. This year may be a wash, but I think she'll be back next year stronger than ever.

So what's the point of giving it to her then?:confused:

Ayumilover., you make pretty silly statements at times (most of the time).

Pops Maellard
Aug 20th, 2011, 07:25 AM
She's unlikely to win a round. :sad:

Mattographer
Aug 20th, 2011, 07:29 AM
BYE receives the French WC for the US Open?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfgq38erWy1qb08to.gif

Ayumilover.
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:33 AM
So what's the point of giving it to her then?:confused:

Ayumilover., you make pretty silly statements at times (most of the time).

I meant from what has happened this year, but given her win today, she is showing that she is capable of producing good tennis. I would just love for her to draw Marion and than we can see who the real French no.1 is

Six Feet Under
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:42 AM
LOL at some posters.
Vikapower trying to convince people Cornet is the real french No.1, now Ayumilover with Rezai :sobbing:

Joey Darling
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:45 AM
I would have rather seen it go to Caroline Garcia, or Mladenovic... No offense. Aravane can be good when she is "on", I don't doubt that... BUT! She's had her fair chances. Give it to an upcomer.

Ayumilover.
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:49 AM
I would have rather seen it go to Caroline Garcia, or Mladenovic... No offense. Aravane is good, I don't doubt that... BUT! She's had her fair chances. Give it to an upcomer.

I think a lot of people are forgetting her horrendous personal issues with her father. I think now, she's about past that and if she is, she'll be a dark horse. Mladanovic is much better than Garcia IMO, but Kristina's best is just a fraction of Aravane's best. Will Kristina improve? probably. But is Aravane still the top French player when in form, i would say so.

Joey Darling
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:53 AM
I think a lot of people are forgetting her horrendous personal issues with her father. I think now, she's about past that and if she is, she'll be a dark horse. Mladanovic is much better than Garcia IMO, but Kristina's best is just a fraction of Aravane's best. Will Kristina improve? probably. But is Aravane still the top French player when in form, i would say so.

Kristina might be, BUT (and I know that this is a stupid basis to go on, so humor me) Caroline is the youngest. She gave Masha the biggest test at the FO, at least in the early rounds. It left a lasting impression on me.

Ayumilover.
Aug 21st, 2011, 05:58 AM
Kristina might be, BUT (and I know that this is a stupid basis to go on, so humor me) Caroline is the youngest. She gave Masha the biggest test at the FO, at least in the early rounds. It left a lasting impression on me.

Yeah we all have our own opinions. Kristina is 18 and Caroline is 17? I'm going off the basis that I was much more impressed with Kristina (whose game reminds me of a good Ana) compared to Caroline who I felt was more just having a good day against a poor Maria. That's my opinion, but I think if Aravane were to play a match vs. Caroline right now, it wouldn't be close. (assuming Arav is back to normal)

Joey Darling
Aug 21st, 2011, 06:00 AM
Yeah we all have our own opinions. Kristina is 18 and Caroline is 17? I'm going off the basis that I was much more impressed with Kristina (whose game reminds me of a good Ana) compared to Caroline who I felt was more just having a good day against a poor Maria. That's my opinion, but I think if Aravane were to play a match vs. Caroline right now, it wouldn't be close. (assuming Arav is back to normal)

Well I respect your opinion. Like you said, we all have our opinions. I respect yours.

Serenita
Aug 21st, 2011, 06:03 AM
Get it Aravane! after such an horrid year, i hope she can make something happen at USO this year.

Michael.
Aug 21st, 2011, 07:35 AM
:rolleyes:

eDonkey
Aug 21st, 2011, 08:22 AM
LOL at some posters.
Vikapower trying to convince people Cornet is the real french No.1, now Ayumilover with Rezai :sobbing:

And it's actually Coin. :sobbing:

Uranus
Aug 21st, 2011, 09:46 AM
I believe the best choice was Caro Garcia.

furrykitten
Aug 21st, 2011, 09:54 AM
She needs to shed a stone at least, pointless wc

ivanban
Aug 21st, 2011, 10:29 AM
everyone knows she is the best French player when at her best. She's had personal problems that have traumatized her year, but she will be back. She's too good not to be a champion.

Excuse me, but when was she at her best?! During 1 month last year?!!! :weirdo: :help:

toby345
Aug 21st, 2011, 10:39 AM
Rezai - Oudin first round, oooohh yes :drool:

Six Feet Under
Aug 21st, 2011, 10:40 AM
And it's actually Coin. :sobbing:

:facepalm: Another delusional bitch. It's undoubtedly Camille Pin :worship::sobbing:

toby345
Aug 21st, 2011, 10:44 AM
:facepalm: Another delusional bitch. It's undoubtedly Camille Pin :worship::sobbing:

No way. For sure it's Nicy Mahut:

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/jan2011/1/2/nicolas-mahut-pic-getty-514994506.jpg

Six Feet Under
Aug 21st, 2011, 11:14 AM
:hysteric:

SVK
Aug 21st, 2011, 11:19 AM
I hoped for Garcia actually...she used to play relatively good in Grandslams, and I don´t mean just RG this year.

Ferg
Aug 21st, 2011, 11:39 AM
Ayumilover, TWAT isnt on for a whole year. No point in campaigning this early.

Sombrerero loco
Aug 21st, 2011, 12:20 PM
ao open one will be for cornet i hope...

Caesar1844
Aug 21st, 2011, 12:42 PM
I think they try and share the reciprocal WC around a bit. Garcia got the one to the AO so it's probably not really her turn. Maybe Mladenovic could feel a bit hard done by, but then she's had reciprocal WCs in the past and not really done much with them.

TBH I actually think that young players do better development-wise by going through qualifying anyway. If a country has a 'star' player like Rezai or Cornet who has proven ability to string together a couple of main draw wins then they probably deserve it.

Besides, Rezai is hot. Not as hot as Mladenovic, but good enough that she should be on TV.