PDA

View Full Version : WTA's Titleless Top 15 Girls Shuai & Domi Getting Apperance $$$ in Dallas MM?

SAISAI-GOAT
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:33 AM
is it possible that Dallas MM is paying appearance money for the 1st edition of the tournament ??? I can't think of any other reason why the top 2 seeds, Shuai and Domi would play here ... Shuai has a chronic hip injury and Domi a ab injury

Stanford - Domi give walkover to Marion in SF, allowing Marion in final
San Diego - Domi give walkover to CoCo in R32, allowing CoCo in R16 and Sabine in SF
San Diego - Shuai is clearly injured but finishes her QF match w/ Ana
Toronto - Domi retires in 3s of her 1R match with Iveta, allowing Iveta in 2R and Ana in 3R
Toronto - Shuai give walkover to Na in 2R, allowing Na in R16
Cincy - Domi withdraws from tournament
Cincy - Shuai gives walkover to JaJa in QF, allowing JaJa in SF

now both girls are playing in a MM the week before a GS :confused:

duhcity
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Is it impossible for you to discuss issues in a thread not made by yourself?

FORZA SARITA
Aug 20th, 2011, 09:40 AM
why would they pay for such 2 non big names?:confused::weirdo:

A-Bond
Aug 20th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I also can't imagine the Tournament directors paying appearance fees for Peng and Cibulkova :help: I think they both felt that this was a nice chance to finally grab that first title and it's just bad timing now with both of them being injured.

Excelscior
Aug 20th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Is it impossible for you to discuss issues in a thread not made by yourself?

Mmmhhh.

Interesting.

I'll pay attention to that in the future. Lol.

edificio
Aug 20th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Why are people against appearance fees? I know here a couple are injured, but they may be feeling better and still want to get some match play in or they are planning to withdraw?

PLP
Aug 20th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Yes, they probably are receiving some $, and they both want their 1st title. It's crazy to me that neither has one, especially Peng, it seems like she has been around forever.

Patrick345
Aug 20th, 2011, 08:53 PM
They have to pay some money for players to fly back to Texas from the East Coast the week before the US Open. It doesn´t make much sense to go from Cailfornia to the East Coast, back to Texas and back to the East Coast. That sounds like something only Wozniacki would do in preparation for a Grand Slam. :tape:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 20th, 2011, 08:57 PM
you really need a brain to see why Domi needs to play

Why is Na Mug playing New Haven ?

same reason plonker :smash:

goldenlox
Aug 20th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I cant imagine they would draw a lot of fans in Texas.
Not like Texans know every top 30 player.

Tennis Observer
Aug 23rd, 2011, 12:07 AM
As expected (http://twitter.com/#!/TexasTennisOpen/status/105760909913362432) and for those who are in the know of WTA's late withdrawal regime the logical outcome:

We are sad to learn of the recent withdrawal of Peng Shuai with a left hip injury. She is replaced by Lucky Loser Akgul Amanmuradova.

Richie's
Aug 23rd, 2011, 12:27 AM
Dominika definitely needs matches before the Open. It's a shame that Shushu can't play...

AnomyBC
Aug 23rd, 2011, 05:53 AM
Domi should always get an appearance fee wherever she goes :hearts: