PDA

View Full Version : Who receives easiest and most tough draws in 2011?

Wert.
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Elena Baltacha drew qualifier in every slam this year :bowdown:
Not sure about unluckiest but i will go with Na

Kworb
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Easiest: Azarenka

Toughest: Li

LenaDMania0003
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Date-Krumm always got tough draw (toughest as well as Li IMO)
and Morita got easy one
But I'm not for sure about easiest

NA-GOAT
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:28 AM
Na got the toughest since Roland Garros :sobbing:

Fighterpova
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:59 AM
easiest: Azarenka
toughest: Li

BlueTrees
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Keothavong has had piss easy Grand Slam first round draws this year.

AO: Arina Rodionova
RG: Vesna Dolonts
W: Naomi Broady

Lennval
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:04 AM
In Spanish Forum most of people complain AMG always receives easiest draws instead of other spanish players

Jane Lane
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Vika had a tough draw in Miami having to go through Domi, Kim, Bepa and Pova.

Woz's AO draw was a joke, and she managed to fuck up easy ones in Ciny and Toronto.

jasonbloom
Aug 20th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Toughnest...Dinara Safina

Dexter
Aug 20th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Zvonareva & Azarenka have had the easiest draws this year.

ElusiveChanteuse
Aug 20th, 2011, 05:32 AM
How about Dushevina? I remember she got slam winners in her slam draws?:lol:

WeiWei
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:38 PM
easiest:Sharapova,Azarenka
toughest:Li

Svetlana)))
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:40 PM
easiest:Sharapova,Azarenka
toughest:Li

This

AcesHigh
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:44 PM
People saying Na Li... bullshit. She had a tough draw at Roland Garros.. that's it.

goldenlox
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Li had the toughest, and tough all 3 majors. She had Lisicki in round 2 at Wimbledon. That was the dangerous floater.
Its close for weakest. Maria, Vika, Caro and a bunch of others are close

BlueTrees
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:55 PM
People saying Na Li... bullshit. She had a tough draw at Roland Garros.. that's it.

You don't think Lisicki in the second round of Wimbledon was tough? :weirdo:

WeiWei
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:12 PM
All the 3 majors are tough for Li, especially FO(4TOP10) and WC(Liscki in the 2nd round). The point is that she still get a GS title as well as a GS final.
She met Stosur in the 3rd round of both Rogers and Cincinati.(Sam may not be tough for others, but it's enough for Li)

KBdoubleu
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:13 PM

Yeah, because drawing Birmingham winner Lisicki in round 2 of Wimbledon was so easy.

Miracle Worker
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Since Wimbledon Caroline receives the toughest.

AcesHigh
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:24 PM

No. Lisicki is WAYYYYY overrated. Sharapova had no problem handling her.

All the 3 majors are tough for Li, especially FO(4TOP10) and WC(Liscki in the 2nd round). The point is that she still get a GS title as well as a GS final.
She met Stosur in the 3rd round of both Rogers and Cincinati.(Sam may not be tough for others, but it's enough for Li)

Except for RG, they were not that tough.

Yeah, because drawing Birmingham winner Lisicki in round 2 of Wimbledon was so easy.

Yes, the birmingham winner who beat a total of 1 top 20 player to win that title.

madmax

:haha:

KBdoubleu

No, she's just sucked.

ajmo!
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Lucic quite unlucky with draw in Roland Garros and Wimbledon.

WeiWei
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=AcesHigh;20088779]No. Lisicki is WAYYYYY overrated. Sharapova had no problem handling her.

Every player has some opponents they fill very uncomfortable to handle. The Sharapova example is inappropriate. Players like Sam,Liscki are just Maria's dish. If memory serves, Maria did NOT even defeat a TOP10 to get FO semi and WC final.

dsanders06
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:42 PM

No, because that would destroy his theory that Maria only got to the final because she got the easiest draw of all time :lol:

Obviously Na drawing a woman who went onto make the semifinals, and in her previous two grasscourt tournaments had made the Wimbledon QFs and won the Birmingham title, is an utter cakewalk :worship:

dsanders06
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:45 PM

Yes, the birmingham winner who beat a total of 1 top 20 player to win that title.

That top 20 player (Hantuchova) being good enough to beat Venus "Slam Contender" Williams on her best surface the following week.

KBdoubleu
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:47 PM
That top 20 player (Hantuchova) being good enough to beat Venus "Slam Contender" Williams on her best surface the following week.

Hantuchova wasn't the top 20 player (and it was Venus' first tournament back in months).

GoofyDuck
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Jelena Jankovic,

early rounds of Dubai, Charleston and Rome she draws the #1 and at RG the defending champion :sad:

pancake
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:53 PM

People have their own opinion, and considering most people actually agree that Li has the toughest draws at slams this year, I guess you may be the one bullshitting.

KBdoubleu
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:54 PM

Ranking doesn't mean everything regarding an opponent's standard of play. Lisicki beat lower ranked (yet very solid) grass court players like Hantuchova, Rybarikova, and Date Krumm to win Birmingham (in addition to top 20 player Peng and Pascek who reached the Wimbledon quarters). Lisicki was in very good form and definitely the non-seeded player that seeded players were hoping to avoid the most.

wozfan01
Aug 20th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I actually think Marino gets some of the easiest first rounds in grand slams.

AO- Junri Namigata
RG- come back K.Bondarenko
W- Patricia Mayr a.k.a grass GOAT:lol:!!!

But in other tournaments she gets some hard draws like Bartoli in Stanford, Kirilenko in Carlsbad, and Makarova whom she can never beat:mad:

gulzhan
Aug 20th, 2011, 04:57 PM

:o

She still gets very easy draw for the No. 1. It's just that Wozniacki has never been a real No.1. And never will be. Hopefully.

Steven.
Aug 20th, 2011, 05:01 PM
From what I posted in another thread re. Kvitova and Li being the definition of a tough draw:

I'm guessing they meant everyone who is a bad match-up for Maria, so throw Azarenka in there. Everyone else, she would (or should) beat handily so they don't count obviously. :rolleyes:

For the haters, who in the top 100 would be 'tough' for her? Serena (absent), Kim (absent), Li (inconsistent and keeps falling early when she does draw Maria), Kvitova (inconsistent), Vika and..?

and fyi, the three that she could potentially draw would only meet her in the SF of slams and mandatories due to their seedings (5-8). Ever considered that they just don't deliver and so Maria can't exactly face them?

And before you all start bitching when the US Open draw comes out, she won't be able to draw Vika till the final, Kvitova and Li till the QF.

Thiudans
Aug 20th, 2011, 05:07 PM
:o

She still gets very easy draw for the No. 1. It's just that Wozniacki has never been a real No.1. And never will be. Hopefully.

Why do you say "hopefully"? I, personally, would be very pleased if Caroline could add more variety and depth to her game. She, at least, has great athletic talent, and that's a good starting point. Not that she's my favourite player or anything, but you shouldn't be hoping against potentially great players, especially these days...

gulzhan
Aug 20th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Why do you say "hopefully"? I, personally, would be very pleased if Caroline could add more variety and depth to her game. She, at least, has great athletic talent, and that's a good starting point. Not that she's my favourite player or anything, but you shouldn't be hoping against potentially great players, especially these days...

If she changes her ugly game, then I don't mind her to become the No. 1. What I meant was that with her current game she hopefully won't become a real No.1, i.e. a player who wins GSs, not just MM tournaments. I don't think she can change her game style though.

Thiudans
Aug 20th, 2011, 05:27 PM
If she changes her ugly game, then I don't mind her to become the No. 1. What I meant was that with her current game she hopefully won't become a real No.1, i.e. a player who wins GSs, not just MM tournaments. I don't think she can change her game style though.

Ah. With her current game, I agree. I wouldn't want her to validate her ranking. I can barely stand to watch that mess. As for changing her game, dropping Piotr could be the first step. There's little question that he was the worst influence on her, in that respect.

JustPetko
Aug 20th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Easiest? Petkovic :shrug:
AO: Craybas
RG: Jovanovski
W: Foretz Gacon

Feyd
Aug 20th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Li's draw in Wimbledon is overrated. OK, Lisicki is not an easy 2nd round opponent, but if Li had beat her, she would have got Doi and Cetkovska afterwards who are not really 3rd or 4th round players.

Break My Rapture
Aug 20th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Easiest: Sharapova + Petkovic
Toughest: Date-Krumm

Azarenka used to get hellish draws in 2009 and 2010 oftenly but it seems karma made up for it by giving Vika 5 BYEs into the Wimbledon semis. :lol:

dsanders06
Aug 20th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Azarenka got a VERY tough third-round opponent at Wimbledon in Hantuchova, in fairness... although the winner of that match was always going to make it to the semis unless they had a major brainfart.

VishaalMaria
Aug 20th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Maria Sharapova has had the easiest.

Most difficult has to be Li. Thank God she won a slam.

Beny
Aug 20th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Rybarikova usually has tough draws in slams. I remember drawing Zvonareva twice, this years Kuznetsova 1R RG.