PDA

View Full Version : New Haven QR1: (WC) Robin Anderson d. (8) Evgeniya Rodina 6-2, 4-2 ret.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I watched this match and it was definitely a retirement due to bruised ego :lol: Rodina was NOT injured.

Anderson has been playing out of her mind this week. She's also pulling double duty by competing in the US Open National Playoffs for a wild card into the US Open qualifying (both events are on the same site). She beat the No. 1 seed for that event, Marie-Eve Pelletier, in the first round yesterday. She's playing her second round qualifying match in the New Haven Open in the morning, then the semifinals of the US Open Playoffs in the afternoon.

She's signed up to go to UCLA, but it will be interesting to see if she turns pro in a year or so. If she's capable of beating players like Rodina already, I don't see why not.

simonsaystennis
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the report! Gotta love those fake retirements. Hats off to Robin on a great win! I hope she can earn the USO QWC too!

iPatty
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Robin :worship: She's doing so well lately (aside from that beatdown from Hardebeck). I see her doing very well in college but I doubt she will turn pro.

simonsaystennis
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Robin :worship: She's doing so well lately (aside from that beatdown from Hardebeck). I see her doing very well in college but I doubt she will turn pro.

I can see her going four years and then giving it a go when she graduates. It all depends on how she competes at the college level! I imagine she'll play second singles at least at UCLA?

adner
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Isn't Robin a guy's name though?

the jamierbelyea
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Isn't Robin a guy's name though?

As much of a guys name as Jamie Hampton's is. ;)

colt13
Aug 19th, 2011, 11:25 PM
She's working hard. I was looking for the Texas draw, and she lost in the pre qualy finals for that.

njnetswill
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Robin is more common as a girl's name in the US.

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:33 AM
I watched this match and it was definitely a retirement due to bruised ego :lol: Rodina was NOT injured.

Anderson has been playing out of her mind this week. She's also pulling double duty by competing in the US Open National Playoffs for a wild card into the US Open qualifying (both events are on the same site). She beat the No. 1 seed for that event, Marie-Eve Pelletier, in the first round yesterday. She's playing her second round qualifying match in the New Haven Open in the morning, then the semifinals of the US Open Playoffs in the afternoon.

She's signed up to go to UCLA, but it will be interesting to see if she turns pro in a year or so. If she's capable of beating players like Rodina already, I don't see why not.

Thanks for the report/info ;):bounce:

Hurley
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:34 AM

Gotta give her props, that is pretty beast :worship:

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:47 AM
She's working hard. I was looking for the Texas draw, and she lost in the pre qualy finals for that.

Yeah she lost to Macall Harkins, who will be her opponent in the semis for the playoffs. Ironically, Harkins had to give the qualifying wildcard back that she won from the pre-qualifying since she is still in this.