Tuckii
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:12 PM
What a meltdown by Nadia :o

Another great result Andy :cheer:

Show haters what it takes to be successful :p

Needs one more win to reach top 10 again :cool:

misty1
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Just an awful and embarrassing loss from nadia. there is no reason she should be breadsticked by this:o

matthias
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:14 PM
well done Andrea
great fight end of 1st set, but she held twice, and this was the key to win this match

young_gunner913
Naughtya... that's revolting. :tape:

TheBoiledEgg
Nadia :rolleyes: pathetic collapse :o

saul1333
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Good stuff :yeah:

Nadia :(

misty1
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:15 PM
am really hopin whoever comes out of jelena/peng beats her..petkovic in a final at this level is just wrong

Carsten
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Andy :woohoo: good stuff today! :)

tennisbum79
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Petrova:sad:, I thoughtyou had a chance i this wide open tournament.

Wow, Petko is really hitting her strides ate the right moement, these past 3 weeks.
She could make nosie at the USO this year as a breakthrough star
Petko beats Petro
"Petko, where the pets go"

Patrick345
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:18 PM
As long as you stay close and make Petrova work for every point in the match, you have a good chance to beat her. That´s what Petkovic did. Petrova just doesn´t have the stamina to play three hard sets. Once Petkovic won the first set and made a positive start to the 2nd it was over.

DaMatz
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Andrea :yeah:, this is her 5th semi-final this year :)

solid second set ;)

now reach the final :cool:

HuHu
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:19 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/ele2pc.jpg

scandic78
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Totally and utterly embarrassing Nadia - losing to Petkovic like this. Fcuk! :fiery:

Ferg
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Just an awful and embarrassing loss from nadia. there is no reason she should be breadsticked by this:o

am really hopin whoever comes out of jelena/peng beats her..petkovic in a final at this level is just wrong

:weirdo:

tennisbum79
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I can't believe Petk had 6 aces and Petrova has zero.

She must have really playd well.

MaruSharapova
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Aww :(

tennisbum79
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I can't beliive Petko has 6 aces and Petrova had zeo, she alos had 2 inners to 11 and won 72 points to Petrova's 45
I did not see the mact but this looks like a total domination

misty1
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:26 PM
:weirdo:

what? there really isnt an excuse for nadia to be bread sticked by petkovic of all people

andrea in this final..and possibly winning would be awful

Patrick345
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:27 PM

Just illustrates how well Petkovic played. If she doesn´t stop soon, she´ll accidentally win so many points that she´ll have to grace the YEC with her ugly technique and lack of skills. :oh:

Doully
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:27 PM
what? there really isnt an excuse for nadia to be bread sticked by petkovic of all people

Opposed to a slumping Jankovic or Peng? :rolleyes:.

DaMatz
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:28 PM

It wouldn´t be awful, Petkovic derserves this win today, because she was the much better player (looking at the stats).

doooma6816
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Nadia:facepalm:

Andrea:yeah:

Mana
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Nadia is still working her way back, and Petkovic has just reached the top 10. Andrea's form has been far superior to Nadia's this year. Give Nadia a couple of months, then we'll see what the score would be.

Tuckii
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:31 PM
I don't understand why so many people hate Andy :confused:
She wins matches because she played constant and often has great tactics.
So what's the matter when talking shit about her? :o

misty1
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Opposed to a slumping Jankovic or Peng? :rolleyes:.

personally id rather see jankovic in the final if it means her resurgence is on

misty1
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:32 PM
It wouldn´t be awful, Petkovic derserves this win today, because she was the much better player (looking at the stats).

till no reason for nadia to be losing a breadstick to petkovic, she's a better player than that

misty1
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:32 PM

for me i hater her personality, i find her annoying and i hate those stupid dances she does after she wins

i cant deny that she has game but still, nadia being bread sticked by her is awful

DaMatz
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:33 PM

:yeah:, good statement, even if people do not like her, there is no reason to say, that it would be awful seeing her in a final

this is her 5th semi-finals this year

Ferg
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:34 PM
misty is a small bit obsessed methinks.

misty1
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:35 PM
misty is a small bit obsessed methinks.

how do you mean?

Doully

Like her resurgence at IW 2010/Clay season?
Jankovic is patchy at the moment and I'm not convinced of her form after the horrorfest with Schiavone.
Petkovic has been nothing but consistent on the court this year and deserves nothing less than making a T1 final. As if that's really such a huge deal in the first place.

Vikapower
for me i hater her personality, i find her annoying and i hate those stupid dances she does after she wins

i cant deny that she has game but still, nadia being bread sticked by her is awful

ROFL come on like as if Petrova was even relevant these last few months - Petrova lost to the most in form player of the US Open series and it was quite reasonable score.

Ayumilover.
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Andrea ! :D
good stats too. shutting up those haters all week. atta girl :yeah:

burn
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Andi :yeah:
Nadia :sad:

young_gunner913
ROFL come on like as if Petrova was even relevant these last few months - Petrova lost to the most in form player of the US Open series and it was quite reasonable score.

I didn't know Andrea was leading the USO series rankings...

misty1
Like her resurgence at IW 2010/Clay season?
Jankovic is patchy at the moment and I'm not convinced of her form after the horrorfest with Schiavone.
Petkovic has been nothing but consistent on the court this year and deserves nothing less than making a T1 final. As if that's really such a huge deal in the first place.

if it sparks the beiginning of an actual come back id love to see it, so no i mean a real comeback

misty1
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:38 PM

she's been playing well lately..with the exception being today and it would have been nice to see her make a big final

and petkovic was not the most in form player of the series, that would be serena followed by radwanska

is1531
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:45 PM
It's a great day for Petkovic,Germany and me. Keep it going Andrea! :)

Go Georges,Lisicki and Petkovic! :)

J4m3ka
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:48 PM
:o I stopped watching at 5-5 in the first but Naughtya seemed to be doing alright.

I've always said Petrova's serve has lots of potential, it is sort of wasted on her sadly.

rucolo
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:50 PM
As expected. Andrea played very good, very consistent tennis! :D:yeah:

Until 5-5 a really even match, with great tennis and impressive winners from both :hearts:

Nadia, Cincinnati QF is already much better than expected, proud of you :hug:

Vikapower
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:56 PM
I didn't know Andrea was leading the USO series rankings...

Yep. I made a mistake, it's Radwanska #1 followed by Stosur, Zvonareva - Andrea is 4th.

she's been playing well lately..with the exception being today and it would have been nice to see her make a big final

and petkovic was not the most in form player of the series, that would be serena followed by radwanska

:shrug: Andrea is a step or plenty steps ahead Petrova who is 29 and in the soft sides of the rankings actually so I'm not really surprised of how this match turned out - actually it's not a shame to lose to Andrea regarding the worser players the Russian has been losing to these last past months or even years. :wavey:

What did Serena do !? Radwanska won Carlsbad IK, completely forgot her. :facepalm: Anyways Andrea is one of the most in form players on the US Open series and overall this year. :D

SoBizarre
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:59 PM
(...)So what's the matter when talking shit about her? :o

It's about Petkovic moving up the pecking order so fast, fans of other players feels like she is threatening their favorites.
:devil:And then they snarls and they bites...:devil:

Doully
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Yep. I made a mistake, it's Radwanska #1 followed by Stosur, Zvonareva - Andrea is 4th.

What did Serena do !? Radwanska won Carlsbad IK, completely forgot her. :facepalm: Anyways Andrea is one of the most in form players on the US Open series and overall this year. :D

She won Stanford and Toronto? :confused:.
http://www.usopenseries.com/Standings/

pan
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Oh. Same old story. A new player comes up (Petko a year ago) and everybody is like: Yay, someone new we could love and admire, yay! Then, suddenly, this player gets more and more consistent and succesfull, beats top players and get ranking points and a Top 10 spot, people start hating the player. What's going on with you guys? As a member for almost 10 yrs I'm scared of the member-development here. Maybe it's because I'm 31 now and most of you guys are 12 yr old kinda unexperienced and frustrated kids - but this is about tennis, sports! No bitchfights, no soap operas! Sports! Get a grip!

Fact is: Petko plays a very good season, she earned the points she got and she deserves to be ranked as high as she is. Today she again proved that she's a world class tennis player.
If you don't like her personality, her issues, her style - that's ok. But she's such an important character for the whole thing, the tour, which was about to get boring as hell in the last couple of yrs.

Vikapower
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:38 PM
She won Stanford and Toronto? :confused:.
http://www.usopenseries.com/Standings/

Well, I'm just discovering that, I'll watch some quick matches on Youtube to see how that happened. :wavey:

Ferg
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Petko loves everyone guys :inlove: Even the haters :hearts:

“Of course there are always people who don’t like me. When you’re extreme, there are always going to be people that hate you more than love you. That’s okay for me, because I have a lot of love to give, even to those people.”

Talita Kumi
Aug 19th, 2011, 11:37 PM

“Of course there are always people who don’t like me. When you’re extreme, there are always going to be people that hate you more than love you. That’s okay for me, because I have a lot of love to give, even to those people.”

:angel:

Vamos!! :woohoo::bounce:

DefyingGravity
Aug 20th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Petko :yeah::drive:

Ryan
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:20 AM

There ya go. People are allowed to be :weirdo: towards your general comments insulting Petkovic, that don't say its your personal view.

Andy :yeah: People thought Nadia would win this tournament? :lol: Just cuz she's winning SOME matches hardly meant she'd go through Petkovic, JJ and Maria. :facepalm:

Lennval
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:41 AM
You're on fire Andrea :cool:

Imperfect Angel
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Nadia :( :ras:
Petko :cheer:

Mistress of Evil
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:50 AM
Good for Petko :yeah:

PLP
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:57 AM

:hearts::hearts:

Pops Maellard
Aug 20th, 2011, 04:13 AM
JJ will beat Petko anyway so all this bickering for nothing. :)

Beat
Aug 20th, 2011, 01:12 PM

oh please, petrova - as talented as she is - had way worse results in her career than this one.

petkovic has evolved into a very reliable player. and who else can you say that about?

RobinT83
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Unexpected result.
Nadia Petrova is the better player by quite a margin when she plays well anyway.
Hopefully, Jelena Jankovic will beat Andrea Junkovic in semi to save tennis from a new low.

matthias
Aug 20th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Oh. Same old story. A new player comes up (Petko a year ago) and everybody is like: Yay, someone new we could love and admire, yay! Then, suddenly, this player gets more and more consistent and succesfull, beats top players and get ranking points and a Top 10 spot, people start hating the player. What's going on with you guys? As a member for almost 10 yrs I'm scared of the member-development here. Maybe it's because I'm 31 now and most of you guys are 12 yr old kinda unexperienced and frustrated kids - but this is about tennis, sports! No bitchfights, no soap operas! Sports! Get a grip!

Fact is: Petko plays a very good season, she earned the points she got and she deserves to be ranked as high as she is. Today she again proved that she's a world class tennis player.
If you don't like her personality, her issues, her style - that's ok. But she's such an important character for the whole thing, the tour, which was about to get boring as hell in the last couple of yrs.
well said

TuxedoSlam
Aug 20th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Ouchie-EEEEEEEW this match was sooo ooogly i have no words for it. Basically felt like wasting time and realizing you're wasting it.

Andrea not being able to get a first serve in was the lulz. Nadia not being able to benefit off it was even more hilarious. She's so old and overrated.