PDA

View Full Version : With Kim out, isn't Venus Williams now THE favorite (After Serena) at the US Open?

2Black
Aug 19th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I know some of you are falling over in laughter but an injured Venus has been the 2nd best player at the USO for the last 2 years.

If she plays (and she will), her biggest challengers are...

1)Serena (Serena would win)
2) Na Li (Toss Up)
3) Sharapova (Toss Up)
4) Kvitova (Toss Up)
5) Pironchova (Is she even playing?)

With the right draw, I say Venus Williams wins her elusive 8th Grand Slam! :tape: I'm going to regret typing this thread :lol:

lefty24
Aug 19th, 2011, 07:55 PM
There are SOO many players who can beat her.

but it's completely unrealistic that she would win against Serena.

LCS
Aug 19th, 2011, 07:59 PM
:haha:

Williamsfan4ever
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:04 PM
No, she will lose to someone... I guess it will be Serena since I don't see anyone beating Serena unless she absolutely is injured. Serena would have won with Kim so no Kim, there is no doubt.

tennisfan5
well, take a look at her losses since 2004:

2004-Davenport (rd4)
2005-clijsters (QF)
2006-DNP
2007-henin (SF)
2008-Serena (QF)
2009-Clijsters (rd4)
2010-Clijsters (SF)

Other than lindsay, lost to the eventual champion every time. she does seem to take it up a notch at the Open, just falls short

edificio
Serena and Aga are the favorites. :)

Craig.
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:05 PM
What am I reading? :crying2:

tennisbum79
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:09 PM
NO.

Faith is a good thing to have, but it is not succidal pact.
Since this year Wimbleon, she has not proven anything on the court.
We don't even know what kid of shape she is in.

Refsusing to take a wildcard at New Haven tells me she may not be even ready to play yet.

lefty24
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:10 PM

2004-Davenport (rd4)
2005-clijsters (QF)
2006-DNP
2007-henin (SF)
2008-Serena (QF)
2009-Clijsters (rd4)
2010-Clijsters (SF)

Other than lindsay, lost to the eventual champion every time. she does seem to take it up a notch at the Open, just falls short

She's not even close to the form she was in during those years

2Black
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:12 PM

2004-Davenport (rd4)
2005-clijsters (QF)
2006-DNP
2007-henin (SF)
2008-Serena (QF)
2009-Clijsters (rd4)
2010-Clijsters (SF)

EXACTLY MY POINT!!! Except for 2004, Venus plays VERY well at the open. She grew up on this type of hard court. I know this thread SEEMS hilarious. I even laughed but history puts her as the favorite ESPECIALLY if she's in any of the following people's quarter... Wozniacki, Zvonareva, Azarenka, Francesca, or even Bartoli. If Venus gets 2 rounds to shake off rust, WATCH OUT!

marineblue
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:13 PM
:cuckoo:

volta
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:16 PM
please delete the thread, She get's enough hate as it is

it-girl
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:17 PM
She is one of them if she is healthy. The favorite...No... one of the favorites...Yes.

Jane Lane
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I say we get 30 posts before this thread is closed. :haha:

2Black
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:19 PM
She's not even close to the form she was in during those years

I said this last year & she mowed her way to the semifinals before choking in a tiebreak ... it's the same story & especially if she gets in Vera or Francesca's quarter, they're not going to beat her. Sorry

serenaforever
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:20 PM
People are too quick to count her out. Assuming she doesn't have any health issues, she's very dangerous.

BTW, If she does well, I am sooo bumping this shit.

dsanders06
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:21 PM
*falls over in laughter*

I'd be mildly surprised if she survives to the third round, and shocked if she survives to the fourth round. If she even plays.

2Black
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I say we get 30 posts before this thread is closed. :haha:

Why do people want this thread closed? It's a legit question based on history & logic. Other than Serena, who looks great, Venus would absolutely have to be seen as the favorite.

tennisbum79
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:22 PM
People are too quick to count her out. Assuming she doesn't have any health issues, she's very dangerous.

Although I don't agree with you on her realistic chances, count me in those who would be delighted if you bumped up this thread for the reasons your cited.

tennisbum79
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Why do people want this thread closed? It's a legit question based on history & logic. Other than Serena, who looks great, Venus would absolutely have to be seen as the favorite.
I don't think it should be closed.
Let people express their opinion of the enigmatic one chances at the USO.

This could be her second to last appearence.

Mary Cherry.

This x 5785972859728957289.6

MaruSharapova
I think she has the experience to be a dangerous player even after a lay-off like she had now, but the thing I'm worried about is whether she'll hold up physically. I mean, having denied the wild card to New Haven has really raised some question marks about her current physical state. Either way, she should be considered one of the favorites!

theFutureisNow
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:30 PM
In theory anyone could win the lottery.

In real life, Venus is much more likely to lose in the first round than win.

Also, it's looking like she will not be seeded, which will make things tougher.

HRHoliviasmith
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:31 PM
:sobbing: :hysteric: :haha: :haha: :sobbing: :hysteric: :haha: :haha: :haha:

TuxedoSlam
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:34 PM
If not for that infamous tiebreak against Kim, Venus could have won the USO last year. Who seriously believes Zvonareva had a chance to beat Venus in the finals? I don't think she's THE favourite, but one of the favourites for sure.
Would be awesome if she wins it this time. I'll be rooting for Serena though :-)

Juju Nostalgique
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:39 PM
FUGLOMG! I think that Radionova has a better chance! :rolls:

Chip.
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:51 PM

Yeah this. These days you never know with Vee :shrug:

She's defo not the favourite though :haha: although she HAS lost to the eventual champ every time she's played since '05 :crying2:

dynamoRockstarr
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:55 PM
omg...

Dodoboy.
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I have faith, the real Venus Williams will show up in New York.
You gwerls will be so surprised.
http://www.fans4beyonce.com/board/s3drive/gallery/album_7/gallery_48_7_8712569.gif

Fuzzylogic
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I'll be surprised(and pleased) if she makes it to the semis, I just can't see her winning it.

HRHoliviasmith
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:01 PM
FUGLOMG! I think that Radionova has a better chance! :rolls:

Okay let's not get carried away now. :lol:

tennisbum79
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:11 PM
In theory anyone could win the lottery.

In real life, Venus is much more likely to lose in the first round than win.

Also, it's looking like she will not be seeded, which will make things tougher.
You are back again with your outlandish statements.

Irute
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:24 PM
How one would even know what Venus is going to bring to the court :shrug: ... she can't be considered favorite and she can't be treated lightly either. She is simply an unknown.

J4m3ka
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:03 PM
:spit:

She's not the favourite. Her USO success depends on if she survives her first few rounds and whether or not she can shake off the rust quickly enough.

scandic78
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I'd love Venus to be able to win the title but this thread is just pure fantasy - too many other players who are fit and capable of bowling her out early. Its a no from me sadly :sad:

theFutureisNow
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:09 PM
You are back again with your outlandish statements.

Venus has a 1/4 chance of facing a seed in the first round. In her current form there is no way she is much better than 50/50 against this range- chance of losing 13% there.

75% of the time she is facing a reasonable opponent and still probably has at least a 15% chance of losing- chance of losing 11%.

That gives us a 24% chance of losing in the first round.

Even if you give those numbers an optimistic spin there is simply no reasonable way that Venus has a better chance of winning than losing in the first round. If you're being rational, they are not close either.

Fortunately for you, the official odds completely agree with me- they give Venus a 2% chance to win. So why don't you quit your baseless complaining and go make a fortune betting on a Venus win?

vozas
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Oh please... She's so beatable nowadays. A 41 year old was toying with her at Wimbledon and Pironkova made her look like a newbie for the second year in a row. She's anything but a favorite.

On another note, what's this mess I keep reading about Radwanska being a favorite? :help:

Linguae^
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Venus favourite over Serena on any possible occasion - NO!
Case closed.

dsanders06
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Oh please... She's so beatable nowadays. A 41 year old was toying with her at Wimbledon and Pironkova made her look like a newbie for the second year in a row. She's anything but a favorite.

On another note, what's this mess I keep reading about Radwanska being a favorite? :help:

Ikr :happy: I think Radwanska has a decent chance of making the semis if her part of the draw falls apart, but she's not going to be able to beat any genuine contenders.

She'd probably beat Venus though.

dynamoRockstarr
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:17 PM
How one would even know what Venus is going to bring to the court :shrug: ... she can't be considered favorite and she can't be treated lightly either. She is simply an unknown.

thank you.

+1

tennisbum79
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:22 PM

That 41 yeas old beat much younger players in their prime

QuietPlease
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:24 PM
If not for that infamous tiebreak against Kim, Venus could have won the USO last year. Who seriously believes Zvonareva had a chance to beat Venus in the finals? I don't think she's THE favourite, but one of the favourites for sure.
Would be awesome if she wins it this time. I'll be rooting for Serena though :-)

This. Never rule out Venus at the USO.
Still, not likely seeded, so she could bump into anyone early on. Even Serena.

tennisbum79
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Venus has a 1/4 chance of facing a seed in the first round. In her current form there is no way she is much better than 50/50 against this range- chance of losing 13% there.

75% of the time she is facing a reasonable opponent and still probably has at least a 15% chance of losing- chance of losing 11%.

Even if you give those numbers an optimistic spin there is simply no reasonable way that Venus has a better chance of winning than losing in the first round. If you're being rational, they are not close either.

Fortunately for you, the official odds completely agree with me- they give Venus a 2% chance to win. So why don't you quit your baseless complaining and go make a fortune betting on a Venus win?
Look, you made all these intricate argument in the How-To-Bear Serena thread. And we know what happened there.

Now you are using probability and statistics, next, you'll use actuarial science to tighten up all these number you are throwing around.
If it were just the numbers, players would even bother to play the actual matches.

2Black
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:32 PM

You actually bring up a good point... Let's say Venus has to play Zvonareva or Francesca in the 1st round, she'll be VERY confident against those 2 and a few other players in the top 8 ... She could win that match & take over their quarter of the draw. This thread is not pure fantasy. If Venus can beat Petkovic in the 1st round after not playing for 6 months (and Petkovic OWNS Kvitova), she surely could upset a seed 1st round & get a good draw. This SHALL be VERY INTERESTING!

Stamp Paid
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:36 PM
You never know with her.
She always does well at the US Open. I dont want her anywhere near my favorite in the draw.

Galsen
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:39 PM
You never know with her.
She always does well at the US Open. I dont want her anywhere near my favorite in the draw.

lol Serena will most likely never lose to Venus again

VishaalMaria
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:40 PM

In all honesty, I don't see Serena beating Venus easily.

Galsen
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:42 PM
In all honesty, I don't see Serena beating Venus easily.

never say it would be easy since we never know when they both play against each other but she has won the last 4 matches right? and If Venus' health keep letting her down ...:(

Stamp Paid
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:55 PM
lol Serena will most likely never lose to Venus againYou know Venus is just like those other chicks
She has a tendency to find her form instantly when playing Serena (unless shes injured). Luckily shes not mentally strong enough to pull the trigger most of the time

missvarsha
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:56 PM
It isn't just the health.
Venus has never had a killer instinct against Serena, and Serena has never lacked for a killer instinct in any match, ever.
So while their supposed "rivalry" is close, Serena has always and will always win the high stakes matches, i.e. GS finals/GS meetings.

But thats beside the point. Since St. Lardo is the only one who had a shot in hell of beating Serena, I would say the younger Williams should win USO fairly routinely (depending on if her toe injury is a real detriment or not).

Sammo
Aug 19th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Venus? You nuts? She's in the worst form of her life

AcesHigh
Aug 19th, 2011, 11:10 PM
She won't even play. She turned down New Haven, the biggest tournament in the US

dsanders06
Aug 19th, 2011, 11:18 PM
She won't even play. She turned down New Haven, the biggest tournament in the US

What happened to being more of a contender than Maria? :awww: :p

Wert.
Aug 19th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Who knows :shrug:

justineheninfan
Aug 19th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Venus probably wont even play the Open this year. If she were healthy and in form it would be a big opportunity for her. Bad luck for her.

HRHoliviasmith
Aug 19th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Venus probably wont even play the Open this year. If she were healthy and in form it would be a big opportunity for her. Bad luck for her.

you really think so?

AcesHigh
Aug 19th, 2011, 11:38 PM
What happened to being more of a contender than Maria? :awww: :p

If she were healthy she would be a stronger threat to WIN the US Open. Maria is of course always more of a threat to make it to the second week and get thrashed by a superior player.

vixter
Aug 19th, 2011, 11:40 PM
I too think that Venus has great chances at this year's US OPEN! I think she will go all the way and win it!

dsanders06
Aug 19th, 2011, 11:42 PM
If she were healthy she would be a stronger threat to WIN the US Open. Maria is of course always more of a threat to make it to the second week and get thrashed by a superior player.

:lol:

On the contrary, their recent records at the US Open show the exact opposite: Maria has the capability of winning but could also crash early, whereas Venus is more likely to make the later rounds before losing to the first contender she meets.

new-york
Aug 19th, 2011, 11:53 PM
:hysteric:

tennisbum79
Aug 19th, 2011, 11:58 PM
:hysteric:
Where did you find that serene and classic picture of Venus in your avatar.

Only a black&white picture will have conveyed that look.

Galsen
Aug 20th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I agree that pic is beautiful

Purple_Rain
Aug 20th, 2011, 12:02 AM
BepaMaria > 2Black.

JCTennisFan
Aug 20th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Im afraid the only thing that Venus is favorite in is the "hot mess" award. And this is coming from someone who thinks she had more potential than her sister.... way to underachieve the past few years Venus! :facepalm:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 20th, 2011, 12:07 AM
It kind of depends on her draw. If she gets a tough one from the first round, I doubt she'll be able to work her way in. When Venus is rusty against good players... :tape:

JCTennisFan
Aug 20th, 2011, 12:22 AM
It kind of depends on her draw. If she gets a tough one from the first round, I doubt she'll be able to work her way in. When Venus is rusty against good players... :tape:

She has no margin for error on her shots... and unlike her sister is about as rigid in her gameplan as it gets, especially in the past few seasons. Serena has actually realized and learned that she needs to adapt her game from time to time.. Venus has Sharapova syndrome. CLOBBER the ball as close to the lines as possible... if you make 60 errors in a match its ok! :facepalm: If she actually tried to develop a safe plan b game, she probably would have alot more tournies/consistency.

HRHoliviasmith
Aug 20th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Im afraid the only thing that Venus is favorite in is the "hot mess" award. And this is coming from someone who thinks she had more potential than her sister.... way to underachieve the past few years Venus! :facepalm:

:spit:

zxcVbnm88
Aug 20th, 2011, 12:54 AM
The favourite? We don't even know if she's fit to play

serenaforever
Aug 20th, 2011, 01:39 AM

:facepalm: I just can't with you. I can't.

harloo
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:03 AM

The only reason Venus really has the opportunity to win over Serena if they meet up in a slam is because she knows Serena game inside out. They've practiced and hit with other for YEARS. If other opponents had the opportunity to access Serena's weaknesses by hitting with her consistently they could defeat her also. Venus knows what bothers Serena on court and the same can be said about Serena in regards to Venus.

I truly believe that if Venus at least played one or two warm up tournaments before the open she would of been a potential threat with Kim out of the mix. However, you still cannot deny the fact that she's been losing early in slams lately.

The problem is Venus has one game plan and if that plan of hitting the ball hard close to the lines isn't working she doesn't use a Plan B. She'll let the errors pile up and hope her opponent cracks. Well most of the girls today can hit hard off both sides and will try to fight it out in a match. If Venus could just find a bit of consistency and margin for error on her shots she would be fine but that's not her game.

Pops Maellard
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:04 AM
She has no margin for error on her shots... and unlike her sister is about as rigid in her gameplan as it gets, especially in the past few seasons. Serena has actually realized and learned that she needs to adapt her game from time to time.. Venus has Sharapova syndrome. CLOBBER the ball as close to the lines as possible... if you make 60 errors in a match its ok! :facepalm: If she actually tried to develop a safe plan b game, she probably would have alot more tournies/consistency.

Venus actually does have a problem with extremely passive play at times. It's just that she's really bad at pushing/grinding and still hits as many errors if she would when she was ballbashing. :tears:

rimon
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:23 AM

2004-Davenport (rd4)
2005-clijsters (QF)
2006-DNP
2007-henin (SF)
2008-Serena (QF)
2009-Clijsters (rd4)
2010-Clijsters (SF)

And Lindsay not winning was the biggest fluke. The title had her name on it, she got injured in the warm-up in a freak accident. :sad:

In answer to the question, I just don't see it happening. Wimbledon may be her best slam, but the USO is her most consistent. All of her losses there have been pretty close matches to top players, who have gone on to win(except, as said, 2004). I don't see her winning, however, because it's a case of so close, yet so far. That tiebreak last year against Kim was a disgrace. She might as well have just given it to Kim.

justineheninfan
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:29 AM
I agree it was a travesty Davenport did not win in 2004 (almost as big of one as that Kuznetsova did, lol). She totally deserved the U.S Open title that year, which would have been her long overdue 4th slam, and lost it not through an opponent outplaying her, but through a total fluke injury.

justineheninfan
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:33 AM
you really think so?

Well I hope she plays but even if she does I dont expect much from her this year. Then again last year she was short on match play going in and still came close to winning so who knows. Last year she generally had some nice streaks of form at times though, quite different from this year where she has missed most of it injured.

duhcity
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:48 AM
No, she's not the favorite.
Not that I'm counting her out like a lot of the posters here. It's not about form, or her tennis. Because she really doesn't play terribly here, and has never turned in performance she's had at other slams against lesser players.

It's that she will eventually play someone who is in form who also has a legitimate shot at the title and belief that they can win. Venus doesn't have that kind of instinct anymore

BlueTrees
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:50 AM
She could draw Pironchova in the first round :shrug:

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:26 AM

Aaron.
Aug 20th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Bumping this later..Vee will snatch your wigs.

AnomyBC
Aug 20th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Isn't she injured? Do we even know for sure that she's playing the US Open?

Andy.
Aug 20th, 2011, 06:27 AM
I would really like to see Venus do well after the horrible year she has had. It would be nice to see her finish off the year on a high and get good momentum going into 2012. A 4th round or a QTR final would be a good result. Anything beyond that would be a huge suprise and a great bonus.

Human Nature
Aug 20th, 2011, 09:45 AM
That 41 yeas old beat much younger players in their prime

to begin with maria Sharapovooooo

Londoner
Aug 20th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I know some of you are falling over in laughter l:

I nearly pissed myself!

Mattographer
Aug 20th, 2011, 10:35 AM
And Lindsay not winning was the biggest fluke. The title had her name on it, she got injured in the warm-up in a freak accident. :sad:

In answer to the question, I just don't see it happening. Wimbledon may be her best slam, but the USO is her most consistent. All of her losses there have been pretty close matches to top players, who have gone on to win(except, as said, 2004). I don't see her winning, however, because it's a case of so close, yet so far. That tiebreak last year against Kim was a disgrace. She might as well have just given it to Kim.
Don't remind me again.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfiy8kg4nK1qb08to.gif

AcesHigh
Aug 20th, 2011, 10:46 AM
:lol:

On the contrary, their recent records at the US Open show the exact opposite: Maria has the capability of winning but could also crash early, whereas Venus is more likely to make the later rounds before losing to the first contender she meets.

I'm talking about Sharapova's form this year.

If you are talking about records at US Open.. then why would you even say Sharapova is a bigger contender? She's made the semi's a total of 2 (yes two!!!) times.

PLP
Aug 20th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Isn't she injured? Do we even know for sure that she's playing the US Open?

No she isn't, she's sick.

I really do think she will play and should not be counted out...it would be just awful to see her draw Serena in the 1st rd, other than that she has a great chance. :lol:

Jose-Luis
Aug 20th, 2011, 01:01 PM
You are kidding right? :spit:

She will be lucky to win a few matches. :tape:

hBence
Aug 20th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I think SERENA is the favourite

Beat
Aug 20th, 2011, 01:06 PM

you just answered your own question.

traxillo
Aug 20th, 2011, 01:16 PM
With Kim out, isn't Kristina Barrois now THE favorite at the US Open? :lol::lol::lol:

V-MAC
Aug 20th, 2011, 05:29 PM
please delete the thread, She get's enough hate as it is

This.
I mean seriously..I love Vee but the thread title is ridiculous and only perpetuates the "Venus fans are deluded" stereotype:rolleyes:
I hope Vee does well but at this stage I would just be thrilled to see her on the court again.

Direwolf
Aug 20th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Venus actually has 97.65625% of Winning the USO!
Sfufid calculations by theFutureisnow!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Aug 20th, 2011, 08:49 PM
History shows she'll just be beaten by who ever the eventual champ is ;)

jrm
Aug 20th, 2011, 09:55 PM
when you post such idiotic threads you are hurting the player, not only yourself :wavey: and bashing will come ... so think before opening a thread!

2Black
Aug 20th, 2011, 11:19 PM
There, the title of the post has been fixed!!!

2Black
Aug 20th, 2011, 11:22 PM
when you post such idiotic threads you are hurting the player, not only yourself :wavey: and bashing will come ... so think before opening a thread!

:lol: You should probably think before you get so dramatic. This is a message board for entertainment purposes. Nobody is hurt from anything. Especially me I just say it how I feel it :cool:

bandabou
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:12 PM
Nahh..not with her not playing since losing to Pironkova AGAIN!!! ( :banghead: ) and still recovering from that virus.

Adrian.
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:16 PM
yeah for sure...:rolleyes:

OMG, you are such a troll :help:

Adrian.
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:17 PM
I know some of you are falling over in laughter but an injured Venus has been the 2nd best player at the USO for the last 2 years.

If she plays (and she will), her biggest challengers are...

2) Na Li (Toss Up)
3) Sharapova (Toss Up)
4) Kvitova (Toss Up)
5) Pironchova (Is she even playing?)

With the right draw, I say Venus Williams wins her elusive 8th Grand Slam! :tape: I'm going to regret typing this thread :lol:

Pironkova :facepalm:

Serenaluv
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:20 PM
Sorry but I don't think venus will even show up and if she does, she's gonna lose from Woz or something :cry:

Mary Cherry.
Aug 21st, 2011, 01:22 PM
Lol @ thread title change. She's not the 2nd favourite either.

dsanders06
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:21 PM
Lol @ thread title change. She's not the 2nd favourite either.

She's barely in the top 10 favourites on the betting markets :lol:

shoryuken
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:38 PM
Sorry but I don't think venus will even show up and if she does, she's gonna lose from Woz or something :cry:

She'll show up. She has her black zipper dress ready :D

BluSthil
Aug 21st, 2011, 04:33 PM
Venus would hardly be considered the 2nd best favorite behind Serena. If anyone is the favorite behind Serena, it would probally be Sharapova. Better check the Vegas odds before putting your money on Vee !!!