PDA

View Full Version : Cincy QF: Zvonareva d. Hantuchova 63 76(6)

Jane Lane
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:26 PM
2nd should have been 64. Saved a SP at 6-5* in the TB with a clutch BH :worship:

GL against Pova. Will have to step it up no doubt.

Antoshka
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Dani :sad:

GoofyDuck
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:27 PM
:cheer: Yes Vera :cheer:

I see the form is getting back!!! great play :D

suck it haters, another SF :kiss:

ElusiveChanteuse
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:28 PM
:lol: @ Dani trying to moonball to Bepa to annoy her at the tiebreak. But she is the one playing more aggressive. I'm surprised by some shots she produced with those wicked angles.:eek: :yeah:
Bepa :cheer: Luckily you're playing Dani and your pushing tactic works on her.:oh:

Doully
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Vera's backhand was superb today. Some of those BDTLs... :drool:.
I'd love if she can take it to Sharapova.

SVK
Failtuchova pretty much showed when it mattered most like always, Vera played also good those key moments though, its not like Hantuchova played the worst match ever, but this neverending moonballing on big points were annoying and you very well know how it will end. Just once when Daniela all of sudden decided to play a volley after a moonball it was successful.

HuHu
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ptnkhy.jpg

Joelina
now i totally understand the fall of WTA, how can people join watching such a crappy world number 2? its a shame for tennis and for the ranking system...tennis lost again

saul1333
Good stuff :yeah:

doooma6816
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Dani:facepalm:....but I still love you:hug:

Vera played well today.
But now lose to Masha:devil:

Ellery
Vera :cheer:

Daniela-Is-Mine
Dani should have won that second set. If she hadn't netted that easy BH at 5-4 or whatever.
Whatever. Next week New haven, She should beat Marion for confidence(+ a punch bag) and get revenge on Aga.

goldenlox
Vera is playing the same level this whole summer. Grinding by Ana and Dani.
But will have to step up here to win this next one

MarkNL
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Seems like Hantuchova made too many errors and Zvonareva has taken her opportunities :)

Chim
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Come on Vera!!! Well deserved win :worship: It's your turn to take the title :bounce:

Good fight Dani:hug:

Scola
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:34 PM
now i totally understand the fall of WTA, how can people join watching such a crappy world number 2? its a shame for tennis and for the ranking system...tennis lost again

pleeeease DO NOT POST!

MaruSharapova
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Solid! :yeah: Hoping for a good match against Maria :angel:

Effy
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:40 PM
blah Dani losing to crybaby is not good :(

Richie's
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Shame for the 2nd set... It could have been ours. Thanks for the fight Daniela. Keep some best of you for the Open, please.

misty1
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:56 PM

if you hate the wta so much dont watch the matches, no one tapes you down and forces you to

pav
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:59 PM
It is a shame you don't take up some amusment that you might have a slight clue about and bugger off from this forum

#kArLoS#
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:17 PM
good fight for Dani,it almost took it to another set.Also,good week overall :yeah:

Vera played much better than I expected ;).Hope she can beat Sharapova,though Im pretty much doubtful about this

oh,and fuck you ES.Cutting the match at 63 44 to show boxing :mad: :fiery:

Sombrerero loco
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:44 PM
no problem dani now please beat caketoli again in NH

Patrick345
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:47 PM
That was pretty much the best Zvonareva has played all year. In this form, shell have no trouble to qualify for the YEC. If anything Bartoli seems to be stuck on her 4200 points forever now.

Tuckii
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Great week Bepa :hearts:

Now vs Sharapova :cheer:

Richie's
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:58 PM
good fight for Dani,it almost took it to another set.Also,good week overall :yeah:

Vera played much better than I expected ;).Hope she can beat Sharapova,though Im pretty much doubtful about this

oh,and fuck you ES.Cutting the match at 63 44 to show boxing :mad: :fiery:
It was on ES2 guys...

$uricate
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:01 PM
pleeeease DO NOT POST!

if you hate the wta so much dont watch the matches, no one tapes you down and forces you to

It is a shame you don't take up some amusment that you might have a slight clue about and bugger off from this forum

It's absolutely true though.

So everyone is supposed to praise everyone?

Hypocrytical bullshit. Losers.

Go back to your sandpit babies :baby:

pav
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:37 PM
It's absolutely true though.

So everyone is supposed to praise everyone?

Hypocrytical bullshit. Losers.

Go back to your sandpit babies :baby:
I don't go around writing players can't play tennis,or they are the worst # whatever just because I don't like them,if you don't like them, just don't like them,don't try to justify it with crap.

LightsOut!
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Bepa :bounce:

rucolo
Aug 19th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Phew. At least you won, and in straight sets, Vera! :D:yeah:

Vera was perfect until 6-3 3-1. Then has problems closing out the match - as always :facepalm:

Hantuchova :hug: Matej Liptak seems really helping her ;)

Nalby fan
Aug 19th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Daniela :(

Typical TB from her-brilliant point followed by stupid unforced error. And two horrid backhands to round the match off in style. :rolleyes:

Fighterpova
Aug 20th, 2011, 04:02 AM
:rolleyes:

Mistress of Evil
Aug 20th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Poor Danka :awww:

Richie's
Aug 20th, 2011, 09:43 AM
It's been so hard for Daniela to win a TB these days... The 1st TB lost against Vera, in which she lead *4-2 and 6-5 and made stupid erros. Shame Danka.

Beny
Aug 20th, 2011, 02:08 PM
That was pretty much the best Zvonareva has played all year. In this form, shell have no trouble to qualify for the YEC. If anything Bartoli seems to be stuck on her 4200 points forever now.

Hell no!

She is playing well below her usual level. She makes easy errors and is so passive. She is like at 40% of herself.

Honestly this match was such poor quality that I wondered how could Zvonareva struggle so much with this kind of Daniela who misses almost every second shot. Some of those errors were 1-2 metres wide. She was often very late on her strokes. Simply a bad match by her. Many erros, then some moments of brilliance, great angles, drop shots, then again tons of easy erros. No consistency at all. If Daniela doesnt improve, she will be out before R3 at USO.

Zvonareva will lose to Sharapova easily.
She played way better against Wozniacki in Doha final for example.
This Zvonareva (who lost twice in a row to ARadwasnka last weeks) is really weak, average. TOP20 player at best

RobinT83
Aug 20th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Expected result and good for the game aswell.
Vera Zvonareva is the better player obviously, more consistant, better in every department of the game except the forehand, more clever on court too.
Hopefully, she will win the whole tournament to gain some confidence and make a good performance at the Us Open.

Corswandt
Aug 20th, 2011, 07:21 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ptnkhy.jpg

Stats made this seem much better than it really was.

It's been a while since I saw a match with so many random, gratuitous errors after 2-3 shots. Danka was awful. Zvonareva way too up and down, but at least there were "up" moments.