PDA

View Full Version : Cincy R3: Andrea "The Abs" Petkovic outmuscles Petra Kvitova 6-3 6-3

Patrick345
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:28 PM
http://bilder.bild.de/fotos-skaliert/petko-22448518-mfbq-19454068/2,h=343.bild.jpg

serenaforever
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:29 PM
:happy:

joćo.
Again :lol:

Jane Lane
:lol: Petra :hug: She had a MTO during the match so we'll see.

Fighterpova
NID :o
Petra :help::smash:
take a WC for New Haven please :rolleyes:

doomsday
HC aren't really made for her.:facepalm:

Doully
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Gainsy/Aww-Yeah-meme-1.png

BuTtErFrEnA
:o

but well done andrea :cheer:

Carsten
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Andy :woohoo: another good win over Petra :D And so easy again!

Serenita
:lol:

saul1333
Good stuff :yeah:

sam.jones
from the breakpoints it could have been even a higher score...

great andrea could pull out another top 10 victory

Istanbul gets closer day by day

Jane Lane
@DailyForehand
Clear difference in Petra Kvitova's fitness, Wimbledon and now. Movement is far worse. Amazing how detrimental time off can be. #cincytennis

jrm
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Petra still recovering from W win :lol:

Mistress of Evil
I like Petko :awww: but that's just beyond embarrassing for Kvitova to be losing to her 2 rimes in a row after winn ing her first major :help: this time at least the scoreline is a lit bit more respectable :hug:

Break My Rapture
:rain: What the hell is KvittyGOAT doing out there?

misty1
petra repeating her abysmal performances of last years US open series:o

girl just does not play well here for some reason

im smelling an early exit at the US open coming

Lennval
Impressive Andrea :worship: win the whole thing

Patrick345
from the breakpoints it could have been even a higher score...

Nah like seven of those wasted breakpoints were in one game, and she got the break eventually. :lol:

Rex59
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Embarrassing. Petkovic is a scrub. Petra shouldn't be losing to such a player, especially twice in a row via bad scores, for she has far more talent. Disappointing to say the least.

scandic78
Oh dear lord... :rolleyes:

Petra, sort your shit out. Losing to this wench :fiery:

matthias
TBE wrote on Twitter Kvitova struggles with Asthma
well done Petko anyway
and Wozniacki is driving happily to NewHaven

lang26
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Petra:facepalm::facepalm: You done this last year losing early, Petra could really gain alot points in the las two events. Hoping U.S. Open won't be the same way

Libertango
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Well done Andrea!

doooma6816
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Petra, you was supposed to run the world now...!:facepalm:

matthias
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:34 PM
noone saw the match, but people judging the players :haha:

Chim
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Petra didn't you learn anything from your loss in Toronto to Andrea:facepalm:

Siderophyre
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Ho ho! Petra's in danger of becoming Petko's bitch! How humiliating...

Patrick345
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Petra didn't you learn anything from your loss in Toronto to Andrea:facepalm:

Of course she learned, she won three more games. :confused:

Break My Rapture
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:39 PM
TBE wrote on Twitter Kvitova struggles with Asthma
well done Petko anyway
and Wozniacki is driving happily to NewHaven
She does? Well that explains a lot, asthma isn't easy to deal with as a professional athlete, obvs.

Patrick345
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:40 PM
She does? Well that explains a lot, asthma isn't easy to deal with as a professional athlete, obvs.

Maybre real asthma, most dopers deal with their fake asthma very well. :lol::lol:

Vikapower
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Petra Kvitova will be fine for the US Open... even before her Venus Rosewater dish, she was always intermittent in between majors until she all of a sudden found form in the majors themselves and started aligning matches... I don't see that trend ending.

Anyways that's the most positive interpretation. She had many points to take on the series that's maybe her biggest deception.

matthias
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Maybre real asthma, most dopers deal with their fake asthma very well. :lol::lol:

that came to my mind too :haha:

but it seems the MTO was because of the Asthma

Deneb
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Good job, Andy!:worship:

pan
Good one, Petko! :)

matthias
maybe Wozniacki stole her Asthma-Spray?

laurie
:(:(

Anyway Petra well done :yeah:

HRHoliviasmith
Did Petkovic do her dance? :rolleyes:

I Like Petra (a lot), but this is the very reason why I can't bring myself to love her. :help: She is much better than this. She is so inconsistent. Hope she gets it together for USO.

vozas
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Petra looked invincible at Wimbledon. I can't believe she's losing to Jerkovic out of all people.

borrowedheaven
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Petra looks to have put on some weight ...
Congrats Andrea.

RenaSlam.
Generation Suck.

nevetssllim
Petra :( :hug:

propi
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:57 PM
LOLZ I can see the Clash of the Titans Caro vs. Petra in NY :dance::dance:

Apoleb
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:58 PM
This is terrible. I think I'll ditch that b****. I don't do losers. Get it together121111!!!! Petra.

Sombrerero loco
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:59 PM
yay petko :hearts: now against petrova

SoClose
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:01 PM
What a way to took the overrated bitch out , Petko...Im starting to like you :oh:

Richie's
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Petkovic's having the most redicoulous draws and opponenets... What a lucky girl...

le bon vivant
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:02 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2eatpae.gif

laurie
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:06 PM
This is terrible. I think I'll ditch that b****. I don't do losers. Get it together121111!!!! Petra.

Come on man (or woman), how many losers win Wimbledon? It's a strange loss and I didn't see the match, but she's going thorugh a bad time, you need to show more faith.

Having said that, if you want to support a "winner" on the WTA tour right now, who are you actually going to choose??? :lol:

nevetssllim
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:08 PM
LOLZ I can see the Clash of the Titans Caro vs. Petra in NY :dance::dance:

You can? Well, they can't meet before the QF and neither of them will get that far if they maintain their current form.

TrojanStallion
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:09 PM
All the hype about Petra after winning Wimby was absolutely ridiculous!!!!
And this is the reason why! She is a solid Top 10 player, but no GOAT in the making!

BikezAreForever!
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Well, not entirely unexpected considering 'form' Petra is in right now. But there were improvements and I can see the lights at the end of the tunnel now. :) I reckon she should play New Haven, this rustiness is not gonna go away with just training hard. She needs to play more matches. I like Petko so it is not that bad Petra was playing her. :wavey:

Ferg
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Ho ho! Petra's in danger of becoming Petko's bitch! How humiliating...

4-3 H2H? :confused:

Apoleb
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:14 PM

Come on man (or woman), how many losers win Wimbledon? It's a strange loss and I didn't see the match, but she's going thorugh a bad time, you need to show more faith.

Having said that, if you want to support a "winner" on the WTA tour right now, who are you actually going to choose??? :lol:

I'll stick with her for a bit, but obviously if she'll just turn out for Wimbledon, this won't work. And just "winner" isn't enough - she has to be a winner and have a beautiful game and kick some serious ass (Maria, WS, Kim mainly). Too bad my standards are so high, cause I haven't replaced Justine since she left. :sad:

But the reason I picked her as a potential inheritor of Justine and Steffi is that I have faith in her game. I just don't understand those embarrassing losses to PetkoClown on a surface she should have no trouble with.

John.
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Petra :smash:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:16 PM
seems Petra's asthma is affected alot more in the summer N America season due to the high humidity levels.

Cant see her making a deep run unless its not humid in NY (unlikely)

laurie
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:16 PM
And this is the reason why! She is a solid Top 10 player, but no GOAT in the making!

Well, not yet anyway. But lets see where she is by the end of the year. I saw the defeat last week on Eurosport and she played rubbish. But there is still a lot of Tennis to be played between now and October. I'll wait until end October to see where she is and her prospects for next season.

Somehow, she needs to avoid Petkovic (never thought I would say she needs to avoid Petkovic :fiery: )

le bon vivant
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:20 PM
I'll stick with her for a bit, but obviously if she'll just turn out for Wimbledon, this won't work. And just "winner" isn't enough - she has to be a winner and have a beautiful game and kick some serious ass (Maria, WS, Kim mainly). Too bad my standards are so high, cause I haven't replaced Justine since she left. :sad:

But the reason I picked her as a potential inheritor of Justine and Steffi is that I have faith in her game. I just don't understand those embarrassing losses to PetkoClown on a surface she should have no trouble with.Because youre looking for something thats just not there in Kvitova's game. :lol:

Jimmie48
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:21 PM

I really hate to gloat but I was warning about this... so many people just magically expected her Wimbledon results to transfer over to HC... the expectations were pretty ridiculous to begin with, especially considering her bad HC record.

laurie
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:23 PM

Yes, your standards are extremely high :D

But I understand where you are coming from, I spent a lot of time watching Sampras, Courier, Agassi Becker, Edberg, Lendl etc from the early 1990s onwards so know all about high standards.

But I'm also now used to the ups and downs of womens Tennis having followed players like Mauresmo, Kuznetsova, Capriati, Pierce and Jankovic during the last 10 years, I've learned to deal with highs and lows in equal measure. So I won't panic about Kvitova, I saw with my own eyes her talent in Eastbourne, she will definitely come good again.

rucolo
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:26 PM
WTF Andrea did it again :speakles:

6-3 6-3 win over world #6 is excellent, Andrea! :bowdown:

Kvitova :shrug:

Vikapower
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:27 PM

These kinds of statements are useless especially just after 2 tournaments... her series on Deco this year is as similar to what she had last year with a slight improvement of 138 points. lol. IMO that's the only thing that could be held against her... Furthermore she was never the most regular in the regular tournaments on the WTA tour for the start so much of a shocker... :lol:

Craig.
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:30 PM
REALLY, Petra? REALLY?!

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:35 PM
seems Petra's asthma is affected alot more in the summer N America season due to the high humidity levels.

Cant see her making a deep run unless its not humid in NY (unlikely)

true...especially if you're not used to it...this is the time of year mine kicks in horribly so i can understand petra :hug:

Fuzzylogic
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:37 PM
It's always a bit disconcerting when young slam winners or first time slam winners go on a slump in the events that follow the slam. I hope she does well at the USO.

Excelscior
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I love how the Kvitova haters are all out today (many of them Serena, Wozniaki fans). That's fine. Give them their day. At least Petra went out and played today, instead of punking out and fearing a loss like Serena did, yesterday. No problem.

As far as Caroline? Caroline who? Wozniaki? Where she been/done lately, the past 4 tournaments? Has she even won a match? Mmhhh. I don't think she has. Let's move on.

But this is not about those good/great players, and their fans. This is about Petra. She controls her own destiny and outcome.

As far as Petra post Wimby, the overwhelming majority of players that's won their first major, HAS NOT WON a major their next MAJOR, or even played well their next few tournaments (including Federer, Serena, Nadal, etc.). The list goes on. That's just the way it is. So that's not terribly surprising (with out even mentioning Petra's time off). It's quite normal and historical. I think only two players have won their first, then second major consecutively in about 35 years. So it's quite rare.

Saying all that though; I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Petra make a deep run in the US Open (low seeds to play her way into form). Not at all. She has a tendency to do these things, and she does have 4 tournament titles this year (on three different surfaces), and another finals appearance , so let's not make stuff up, or go too far in claiming her inconsistency or tennis death knell. It's been two tournaments in 6-7 weeks. We'll see?

I do agree though (whether it's asthma, time off, etc.), that's it's utterly embarrassing to lose to a moderate talent like Petko, two matches in a row. No doubt (with all respect to Petko fans).

She's a good player no doubt. But she has no real weapons. None! She's a nice player, but when the two are in form, Petko will get blasted off the court, and they're not even in the same league. Petko knows that herself. But what can you do. It's like I said to my father after Kvitova lost the Eastbourne final "Well if she wins Wimbledon, I don't care if she lost Eastbourne to Bartolli". She did! And Eastbourne was forgotten after that. We'll see again?

Petko as I had said many times is a Poor women's Vika, or a musclebound Wozniaki, with out the speed and the backhand. I bet Petko hit more errors than winners in this game? That's her style usually.

As far as Kvitova. She's got some things to work out. Hopefully she got a little closer today? Nobody has a crystal ball. But I'm sure she'll continue to have a great year (and work out that Asthma, if it's really a problem, and her rust/no practice), and will pick up 2-3 more titles for the remainder of the year (and maybe the US Open, and/or New Haven, right into the YEC, and Australian). Yes haters! I wouldn't be surprised (I picked her to Win Wimbledon this year early). And if she doesn't. I'm sure she'll comeback with a even stronger 2012.

Ultimately, let's not go to the other extreme and make premature, hysterical epitaphs, off of two matches post Wimby. Strangers things have happened. She'll be back (or was never gone)!

Just watch! It's coming up!

Ryan
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:40 PM
I thought Petra looked less fit in Toronto; seems like thats right? She's definitely not as focused...but she wasn't exactly consistent BEFORE Wimby either.

dsanders06
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:41 PM
I really hate to gloat but I was warning about this... so many people just magically expected her Wimbledon results to transfer over to HC... the expectations were pretty ridiculous to begin with, especially considering her bad HC record.

Actually, most people were expecting her to have a dip in her results in these tournaments. Every player who comes out of relative obscurity to win a Slam takes a while to adjust to the raised expectations - even Sharapova and Serena. But these fast hardcourts will probably traditionally be a very good surface for Kvitova, and she has far more chance of winning the US Open one day than Wozniacki.

Jimmie48
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Actually, most people were expecting her to have a dip in her results in these tournaments.

Really? There were tons of people here who acted like her taking over the #1 ranking is a sure thing, one guy even called her "the greatest and most accomplished player of her generation."

I remembered that one because I thought it was a ridiculous statement...

ce
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:45 PM
:help:

faboozadoo15
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Wow, Andrea really has her wig at the moment.

GOood news for those hoping Sharapova can end the year #1 though. ;)

MB.
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Expected. Stay mad, haters.

But what the hell, Petra? She gained a bit of weight after Wimbledon and looks less fit--too much drinking and partying? :lol: If that's the case, good for her--she deserves it for a huge accomplishment. Just get in shape for the USO so you dont crash out before the quarters.

VishaalMaria
Aug 18th, 2011, 11:09 PM
If her asthma played up, then all credit to her for completing the match and winning six games.

davidmario
Aug 18th, 2011, 11:47 PM
at least she wins her first rounds. thats an improvement compared to last year.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:08 AM
So bizarre, you'd think Petra would do well on the fast hardcourts. I guess she spent too much time partying after winning Wimbledon.

Blu€
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Andrea :D I knew I could count on you :bigclap:

DefyingGravity
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Apparently she's asthmatic, and Ohio is brutal for asthma if you're not used to it. I had to get stronger steroids and controllers this year, and I live in southern Ohio now. But really, she is so uptight. She is not playing very well because I think she is placing a bit of pressure on herself.

Relax Petra, Relax!

Andrea, good wins for you back to back. Now get to the final. The top half is essentially yours to lose.

Wiggly
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Kvitova seems to have real asthma.

Far too many athletes have convenient asthma.

Talita Kumi
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:59 AM
:banana: :D

monmonito
Aug 19th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Andrea playing good tennis... Petra after winning wimby is like too tired

Excelscior
Aug 19th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Apparently she's asthmatic, and Ohio is brutal for asthma if you're not used to it. I had to get stronger steroids and controllers this year, and I live in southern Ohio now. But really, she is so uptight. She is not playing very well because I think she is placing a bit of pressure on herself.

Relax Petra, Relax!

Andrea, good wins for you back to back. Now get to the final. The top half is essentially yours to lose.

Asthma in Ohio is that bad?

What's it from, the humidity and the industrial plants, factories? Aren't they all shut down (or could she just need a strong/different prescription on her medication) now? I thought America lost most of its factories in the Rust Belt, supposedly, anyway? Lol.

harloo
Aug 19th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Petra looked invincible at Wimbledon. I can't believe she's losing to Jerkovic out of all people.

Nah, she didn't look invincible at Wimbledon. It's just her competitors sucked monkey balls. She played well in the final but Maria was a double faulting inconsistent mess.

Excelscior
Aug 19th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Nah, she didn't look invincible at Wimbledon. It's just her competitors sucked monkey balls. She played well in the final but Maria was a double faulting inconsistent mess.

Obviously you didn't really watch Petra play during Wimbledon.

I and many Petra watchers will tell you, that she played better in her previous matches (and through out the whole tournament) than in the final.

The finals, was child's play for her. She made 3 errors (those 3 sitters), that cost her two easy games for sure, and maybe a third. She didn't make those mistakes through out the tournament.

Even in the 2 matches where she went three sets (after winning the first sets 6-1, 6-2, and closing out the third sets 6-2, 6-2 after fooling around in the 2nd), she still played arguably better.

If Petra played her normal Wimby game, Masha would of lost 6-2, 6-2.

No Joke!

As far as now. Give her time. It's 4 games in about 7 wks.

Let's not be pre-mature in our hate, lest she have to embarrass the haters once more, as she's already done at least 4x this year, and will continue to do so. Lol.

VishaalMaria
Aug 19th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Obviously you didn't really watch Petra play during Wimbledon.

I and many Petra watchers will tell you, that she played better in her previous matches (and through out the whole tournament) than in the final.

The finals, was child's play for her. She made 3 errors (those 3 sitters), that cost her two easy games for sure, and maybe a third. She didn't make those mistakes through out the tournament.

Even in the 2 matches where she went three sets (after winning the first sets 6-1, 6-2, and closing out the third sets 6-2, 6-2 after fooling around in the 2nd), she still played arguably better.

If Petra played her normal Wimby game, Masha would of lost 6-2, 6-2.

No Joke!

As far as now. Give her time. It's 4 games in about 7 wks.

Let's not be pre-mature in our hate, lest she have to embarrass the haters once more, as she's already done at least 4x this year, and will continue to do so. Lol.

Petra was having second set lapses and Maria just couldn't take advantage in her second set.

And it wasn't all down to Petra. Maria was stringing together a few good winners.

BluSthil
Aug 19th, 2011, 01:41 AM
If hardcourt is not Kvitova's game, as some suggest, she better take some 'night courses' ! Kvitova has everything it takes to be a star. She's tall, long arms, good movement and power. I hope she doesn't become Petkovic's bitch, as Djokovic is Nadal's bitch...

RobinT83
Aug 19th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Great result for the game!
I don't like Andrea Jerkovic but she's still better than the brainless ballbasher Petra Kvitova.
Kvitova is really bad on hardcourt, nothing new, expected result obviously.
Plus, this result proves once again that her Wimbledon title was a complete fluke, no doubt about that.
Hopefully, someone will take out her early at the Us Open and of the top 20 aswell to save tennis because she hasn't clearly the game, understanding of the game to be a relevant player.

Jane Lane
Aug 19th, 2011, 02:15 AM
If hardcourt is not Kvitova's game, as some suggest, she better take some 'night courses' ! Kvitova has everything it takes to be a star. She's tall, long arms, good movement and power. I hope she doesn't become Petkovic's bitch, as Djokovic is Nadal's bitch...

:haha: What tennis have you been watching lately? Novak is no longer Rafa's bitch.

Men's rant over.

HRHoliviasmith
Aug 19th, 2011, 02:28 AM

sadly it's the other way around actually. :sad:

Excelscior
Aug 19th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Petra was having second set lapses and Maria just couldn't take advantage in her second set.

And it wasn't all down to Petra. Maria was stringing together a few good winners.

Petra had second set lapses in the quarter and semi-final (which I accounted for in my previous response; didn't you see it). That's it! But she was still firmly in control in both those matches, irregardless.

Maria on the other hand, skated by on her double faults, and poor play with Laura Robson (down 4-1 in the first set), and Sabine Lisicki (where they both played terrible games, and Dominika was terrified of her, etc).

Petra had no games during the entire Wimby, with as bad a stat lines that Masha had during the Lisicki and Robson match. None! Despite her not losing a set, Masha played terribly in certain matches, and had some horrendous stat lines. Not Petra! Masha even spent more time on the court than Petra, before they played, despite not losing a set.

That was fools gold, with Masha, and you knew it. Petra was just good enough, and not intimidated enough to expose it. That's all!

Keep wishing/Try again (on her lapses in Wimby). Lol.

Excelscior
Aug 19th, 2011, 02:47 AM
sadly it's the other way around actually. :sad:

I'm sure he/she got it confused guys (including Dentine).

Rafa, Djoker is quite obvious. Lol.

Excelscior
Aug 19th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Ah.

I see that Tennis83 clown (right on time), is still writing their predictable, robotic, sexually frustrated, unabomber, blah, blah, blah, manifesto rant, pseudo bullshit.

Gotta Love it. Lol.

Where are these tools whenever Petra wins a tournament or goes to the finals this season (4 titles, 5 finals, and counting)?

What are their faves doing, is even an bigger question? But they love to criticize. SMH

rjd1111
Aug 19th, 2011, 03:01 AM
@DailyForehand
Clear difference in Petra Kvitova's fitness, Wimbledon and now. Movement is far worse. Amazing how detrimental time off can be. #cincytennis

It doesn't seem that detrimental if your name is Williams.

rjd1111
Aug 19th, 2011, 03:03 AM
petra repeating her abysmal performances of last years US open series:o

girl just does not play well here for some reason

im smelling an early exit at the US open coming

I noticed this last year. Petra played very well the first

half of the year and tailed off after Wimb.

hadge
Aug 19th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Who is the strongest girl on the WTA circuit - who would win an armwrestle comp.?

Novichok
Aug 19th, 2011, 03:04 AM
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

DefyingGravity
Aug 19th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Asthma in Ohio is that bad?

What's it from, the humidity and the industrial plants, factories? Aren't they all shut down (or could she just need a strong/different prescription on her medication) now? I thought America lost most of its factories in the Rust Belt, supposedly, anyway? Lol.

The foliage, pollen, and we have a high amount of irritants in the air that are naturally occurring because it's turned into such an agricultural/pretty state. A lot of the trees really for me do it.

Belmont Lad
Aug 19th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Petra :help:

Sally Todd
Aug 19th, 2011, 04:35 AM
I'm seriously disappointed by this result.

Hope Petra gets her sh-- I mean fitness in order by the USO.

I know hard courts aren't grass (or clay) but her results in Australia have shown she can play.

It's like she's allergic to North American courts.

is1531
Aug 19th, 2011, 04:37 AM
http://bilder.bild.de/fotos-skaliert/petko-22448518-mfbq-19454068/2,h=343.bild.jpg

Andrea made my day today beating the Wimbledon champ,but I hope my fav does not become content in the next round. Keep it going Andrea.:)

I only hope that one day Georges, Petkovic and Lisicki will all be top 10 players with one of them holding down the top spot on the WTA tour. I would give almost anything to see Sabine knock out the PUSH at the US open. :)

Kunal
Aug 19th, 2011, 04:56 AM
ah this result saddens me. i really like kvitova. and hope that wimbledon was not a one off fluke

le bon vivant
Aug 19th, 2011, 05:17 AM
I only hope that one day Georges, Petkovic and Lisicki will all be top 10 players with one of them holding down the top spot on the WTA tour. http://i56.tinypic.com/dnzjmr.gif

Inger67
Aug 19th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Hopefully Petra shows up for the USO :rolleyes:

Imperfect Angel
Aug 19th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Kvitty :(
Petkorazzi :cheer:

duhcity
Aug 19th, 2011, 06:23 AM
So every first time slam winner/finalist gets a break now :lol:

Gilas.
Aug 19th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Oh dear. :facepalm:
Andreja, well done.

marineblue
Aug 19th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Andrea :cheer:
Real no.6:timebomb:

skanky~skanketta
Aug 19th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Let\s hope she isn't pulling an Ivanovic. You know, win a slam and watch your career go on free fall!

marineblue
Aug 19th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Actually, most people were expecting her to have a dip in her results in these tournaments. Every player who comes out of relative obscurity to win a Slam takes a while to adjust to the raised expectations - even Sharapova and Serena. But these fast hardcourts will probably traditionally be a very good surface for Kvitova, and she has far more chance of winning the US Open one day than Wozniacki.

Please:lol:

Beat
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:25 AM
get it together, petra :( but consistently good result for petkovic, so kudos to her.

Ian Aberdon
Aug 19th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Cut some slack to Petra please. Suffering from asthma in a hot & humid climate can't be very pleasant for her. :(

Adrian.
Aug 19th, 2011, 10:32 AM
maybe Wozniacki stole her Asthma-Spray?

:haha::haha::happy:

How many bad reps did you get? :devil::rolls:

rucolo
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:50 PM
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/20110818/petrova-petkovic-to-square-off-in-qfs_2256076_2425223

Kvitova talked about not being 100%. "I played badly, made many mistakes, but she played well," she said. "In the second set I was a little dizzy and had cramping in my stomach. I may have been a little tired or something... I don't know what's wrong. I have a week off now, I hope I'll be better for the US Open."

"I've said it before - Petra and I are good friends. We always talk," Petkovic said. "She has asthma or something, I'm not sure, but she struggles when it's really hot and humid. I told her afterwards I hope she'll be fine for the US Open.

"She's a great girl. She stayed the same after all her success. I respect that."

HRHoliviasmith
Aug 19th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Let\s hope she isn't pulling an Ivanovic. You know, win a slam and watch your career go on free fall!

Gosh I hope not.

Excelscior
Aug 19th, 2011, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE]=rucolo;

Kvitova talked about not being 100%. "I played badly, made many mistakes, but she played well," she said. "In the second set I was a little dizzy and had cramping in my stomach. I may have been a little tired or something... I don't know what's wrong. I have a week off now, I hope I'll be better for the US Open."

"I've said it before - Petra and I are good friends. We always talk," Petkovic said. "She has asthma or something, I'm not sure, but she struggles when it's really hot and humid. I told her afterwards I hope she'll be fine for the US Open.

"She's a great girl. She stayed the same after all her success. I respect that."

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/20110818/petrova-petkovic-to-square-off-in-qfs_2256076_2425223

I didn't watch this un-televised match to notice whether or not her asthma was a primary or secondary reason for her loss. But many on court observers (including the daily forehand, and Blogger, Bobby Chin, etc.), clearly stated Petra wasn't herself and moving well. Petra, and Andrea, pretty much backed up that assessment here.

I'm sure Petra has a Czech doctor. But if the asthma here is that bad for her (Ohio posters say their Asthma is really bad), maybe she'd want to carry her medical records with her, and check in with a NY, or local doctor for each tournament, so they can write her a prescription for/where the local/latest tournament is taking place? That may help?

It's bad enough, she's trying to work the rust out, and re-establish her timing, etc.; struggling with a foreign asthma will just add to the complexities.

Hopefully, she'll work it out for NY? Right now the weather is relatively kool and dry. But that's not saying much, cause the weather can change so rapidly, before she comes, or during a long two week tournament.

Last year, she ran into Clijsters in the third round. Hopefully this year, with a better seed (and better confidence), she can go much further. I wouldn't be surprised.

We'll see?