doomsday
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Stosur's punchbag, really :lol:

atominside
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:09 PM
stosur

tenniscrazy84
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:10 PM
http://serve.mysmiley.net/party/party0040.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

Craig.
Nid.

Vika & Fish
thank you Sam, now i can pay my 3 months rent arrears

Serenita
Well atleast she on a set:lol:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Sammy :cheer: Last game was awesome :drool:

Vee Williams
well, good tournament for Sam. Sharapova will take care of her in the next round

Steven.
:cheer: great serving in the final set!

tennis-insomniac
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:11 PM
This is the Stosur I fell in love with

Well Done ! :D

hope she can maintain this level till the end of the year :woohoo:

Mistress of Evil
NaNa won a set :eek: what an effort on her side :worship:

Lucemferre
Match-up is a funny thing.

pedropt
:bigclap:

Noctis
So close but still folded like a cheap tent
Nice try but really still pathetic

joćo.
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Oh NaNa... :lol:

FORZA SARITA
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:12 PM
surprised Na won a set :eek:
Stosur played quite good in last set, even a BH passing in last game :bolt:

Pasta-Na
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:13 PM
very close. :p

this match'd give na some confidence. :p

Shaun:::
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:13 PM
ewwwww.......fxxk
thats what i want to say:speakles:

Tuckii
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Sam :banana:

Really good match :)

tennis-insomniac
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:16 PM
BTW did anyone notice how good the backhand of Stosur is today? :lol:

Nana tried to break it at the end but Sam didn't let her. :yeah:

Chim
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Woohoo:bounce::bounce: The old Sam is back :hearts:

Good fight Na :sad: Now I believe you only play well in Grand Slams.

Sombrerero loco
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:20 PM
li :haha:

rnwerner
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:25 PM
That was a very GOOD match.

Great serving from Stosur.
It was just the main factor for her to win it because Li still has problems with Stosurs kick serves and high topspin balls.

50% of those so-called unforced errors were forced.

Set 2 and 3 were very good.

Excellent movement and groundstrokes from Li.
She finds some form.

Stosur played very good, served great, great forehand, even some amazing backhand winners.

Best match of the week so far.

dragonflies
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Congrats Sam :bounce:

Na, better luck next time.

It was a very good match, tight, intense, some very good rallies. Sam is in very good shape now, I would not be surprise if she gets to the finals again. Na has her first set ever win from Sam and appeared to be in a good shape too. Na is a fast learner, especially under her new coach. At the AO, she had no clue how to hit any high ball or an overhead, but since then improved quicky. It's unlucky for her to run into her nemesis Sam while Sam is playing well. Sam earned so many points from Na with her high bounced kick serves to Na's back hand. I think Na's coach certainly noticed this and found a way to counter this. The match was tight and could go either way, so it won't be a surprise if Na comes out as a winner next time they meet. In the meantime, both will probably do well at the US Open from the way they are playing.

Kworb
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:26 PM
:facepalm: It can't be that hard to return Stosur's serve, it just can't. :facepalm:

dragonflies
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:32 PM
That was a very GOOD match.

Great serving from Stosur.
It was just the main factor for her to win it because Li still has problems with Stosurs kick serves and high topspin balls.

50% of those so-called unforced errors were forced.

Set 2 and 3 were very good.

Excellent movement and groundstrokes from Li.
She finds some form.

Stosur played very good, served great, great forehand, even some amazing backhand winners.

Best match of the week so far.

Agree, insightful post :yeah:

Pasta-Na
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Congrats Sam :bounce:

Na, better luck next time.

It was a very good match, tight, intense, some very good rallies. Sam is in very good shape now, I would not be surprise if she gets to the finals again. Na has her first set ever win from Sam and appeared to be in a good shape too. Na is a fast learner, especially under her new coach. At the AO, she had no clue how to hit any high ball or an overhead, but since then improved quicky. It's unlucky for her to run into her nemesis Sam while Sam is playing well. Sam earned so many points from Na with her high bounced kick serves to Na's back hand. I think Na's coach certainly noticed this and found a way to counter this. The match was tight and could go either way, so it won't be a surprise if Na comes out as a winner next time they meet. In the meantime, both will probably do well at the US Open from the way they are playing.

yes, her coachs really good. :p

LenaDMania0003
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Sam :bounce: keeps good form
Her kick serve is very effective against Na

dsanders06
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Na :rolleyes: Should've won this one.

Stosur is so annoying :lol: Just when you think she's finally on the way out, she goes and finds some form again.

C. Drone
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Vera and Na should start a therapy. :facepalm:
SAB - Stosur's Anonym Bitches

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:55 PM
:woohoo: Sammy's good form continues into the Cinci QTR's :cool:

Na Na :hug:

faboozadoo15
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:59 PM
It really goes to show the power of a matchup. It will go 1 step further If Sharapova gets through Sveta and dispatches Stosur like she always does.

Both Sam and Li seem to be finding form at just the right time again. I'd be surprised if either lost early at the US Open.

Pasta-Na
Aug 18th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Vera and Na should start a therapy. :facepalm:
SAB - Stosur's Anonym Bitches

match-up. both r relatively short and they dont have powerful serves. :o

HRHoliviasmith
Aug 18th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Oh my. really, Na? :facepalm:

C. Drone
Aug 18th, 2011, 06:17 PM

and? i know that very well. Still they could do it better than losing left and right.

Vikapower
Aug 18th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Li's ROSes are atrocious on Sammy Stosurs serve especially the kick one out wide.

ElusiveChanteuse
Aug 18th, 2011, 06:28 PM

Schiavone :worship:

ElusiveChanteuse
Aug 18th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Well, Na won a set.:shrug: Can't be too sad about that.:cheer:

Potato
Aug 18th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Na's height is just such a disadvantage against someone like Stosur.

Craig.
Aug 18th, 2011, 06:40 PM
and? i know that very well. Still they could do it better than losing left and right.

What's with the attitude? :lol:

SAISAI-GOAT
Aug 18th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Na :smash:

at least you won a set this time :tape:

C. Drone
Aug 18th, 2011, 07:10 PM
What's with the attitude? :lol:

Stosur winning so many matches brings the worst out of me.

Fighterpova
Aug 18th, 2011, 07:21 PM
NID, Na now stosur's punchbag :oh:

DragonFlame
Aug 18th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Ugh, lame loss again but she's gaining in form. If they meet again at the usopen i'm confident Na will win it. :)

Na seems to have found a way to consistently peak at grandslams. This year it's really working out for her.

dsanders06
Aug 18th, 2011, 08:24 PM
It really goes to show the power of a matchup. It will go 1 step further If Sharapova gets through Sveta and dispatches Stosur like she always does.

Both Sam and Li seem to be finding form at just the right time again. I'd be surprised if either lost early at the US Open.

Really? :lol: I don't think you can ever be confident with anything when it comes to Li... I could easily see her crashing in the first or second round... or, equally, I could see her making it to the semis or final.

Stosur I can see going to the 4th round before being taken out by the higher seed in her section.

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Li Na has not played much so that is understandable.

Hopefully, she'll be ready by the USO.

I feel bad for the little Mountains Flowers.
Well, I guess they have to learn that you don't always win, some you have to deal with losses and move forward.
So, I guess there a lesson here too for them.

Gerri
Aug 18th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Sam :yeah: Now please try to break your duck against Masha :rocker2:

tennisforadults
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Awful result. But it doesn't matter anyways.
Li Na is way better than Stosur can ever hope to be.
She is way more popular and has a lot more money.
She's the one with a grand slam.
Just wait for the US Open to start.
Nuff said.

Someone needs a hug.

I'm just glad Sam gets another shot at Masha. It will most probably end like the 8 or 9 other times they played. :sobbing:

Ryan
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Ohhh Na Na - whats my name? STOSUR, BITCH. :cool:

DragonFlame
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Ohhh Na Na - whats my name? STOSUR, BITCH. :cool:

0_o was that necessary? What's going on with you lately, kind of out of control for a mod? :unsure:

RenaSlam.
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:03 AM
:tape:

Sammo
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Nuff said.

Li isn't Stosur's bitch without a couple of reasons, including Stosur being the better player :)

claypova
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Sam :yeah:

DragonFlame
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Li isn't Stosur's bitch without a couple of reasons, including Stosur being the better player :)

Gamewise stosur's high can be comparable to Na's when she played well. Unfortunatly for her this only lasted for 1 month and mentally she's not even close to Na.
Without the mental fortitude stosur will never be a better player capitalizing in the big tournaments.

So no, stosur is not the better player. Na did what stosur couldn't do and is more likely to make more slamfinals on other surfaces.

Ryan
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:16 AM
0_o was that necessary? What's going on with you lately, kind of out of control for a mod? :unsure:

What's wrong with what I said? :lol: And by now, you shouldn't be surprised that I'm a special moderator. ;) Just because I edit posts in NT doesn't mean I can't act like a normal poster in GM.

Pasta-Na
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Li Na has not played much so that is understandable.

Hopefully, she'll be ready by the USO.

I feel bad for the little Mountains Flowers.
Well, I guess they have to learn that you don't always win, some you have to deal with losses and move forward.
So, I guess there a lesson here too for them.

shes asking for a new haven WC. :p

na owns vika and maria; vika and maria own stosur; stosur owns na. WTA :facepalm:

new-york
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:21 AM
na owns vika and maria; vika and maria own stosur; stosur owns na. WTA :facepalm:

life. :facepalm:

justineheninfan
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:29 AM

Why is why Stosur is the one who has won a French Open
Which is why Stosur is the one with a hard court slam final and another semi
Which is why Stosur is the one who has won a tournament on all surfaces, including grass
Which is why Stosur is the one with more WTA singles titles

Oh wait...

rimon
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Nuff said.

:hearts: Nothing like being a gracious loser.

Also, Li lost in R1 of the USO last year, Sam made the QF.

rimon
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Ugh, lame loss again but she's gaining in form. If they meet again at the usopen i'm confident Na will win it. :)

Na seems to have found a way to consistently peak at grandslams. This year it's really working out for her.

:confused: She lost in R2 at Wimbledon.

DragonFlame
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:39 AM
What's wrong with what I said? :lol: And by now, you shouldn't be surprised that I'm a special moderator. ;) Just because I edit posts in NT doesn't mean I can't act like a normal poster in GM.

Still, calling players bitches.. youre too good for that. I don't care about what you say to other posters. :p

DragonFlame
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:40 AM
:confused: She lost in R2 at Wimbledon.

She was unlucky. If you look at the match you can see she was playing really well. In fact if she didn't have lisicki that early i doubt she would have lost to anyone on that side of the draw. Maria wouldn't have beat her for sure.

rimon
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:42 AM
shes asking for a new haven WC. :p

Maria still leads Na 5-3 in H-2-H. So Li owns Vika, who owns Sam, who owns Li.

Pasta-Na
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Still, calling players bitches.. youre too good for that. I don't care about what you say to other posters. :p

mod mod ryan said he'll stop posting on this website if na ever wins a G.S. :oh:

rimon
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:44 AM
She was unlucky. If you look at the match you can see she was playing really well. In fact if she didn't have lisicki that early i doubt she would have lost to anyone on that side of the draw. Maria wouldn't have beat her for sure.

True, she did run into an on-fire Lisicki. But if she truly peaks for slams, a R2 loss just doesn't cut it.

Pasta-Na
Maria still leads Na 5-3 in H-2-H. So Li owns Vika, who owns Sam, who owns Li.

na won their last 3 meetings without losing a set. :p

timafi
that's my girl :hatoff:

rimon
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:47 AM
na won their last 3 meetings without losing a set. :p

I know, but you can't own someone with a 3-5 record against them. Maria won their first 4 matches with ease.

Ryan
Aug 19th, 2011, 01:26 AM

It's a saying; I wasn't actually calling Na a bitch. :lol: I like Na. :cool:

danieln1
Aug 19th, 2011, 02:00 AM
WHat the fuck Na LI?????? :facepalm:

Really, losing to this mug can be the worst result in her career, is just disgusting to see a much more complete player losing to a robotic Shank Master Mugsur.... really I can“t :facepalm:

hpme
Aug 19th, 2011, 04:06 AM
Li Na played really better than last week

give her more time

tennisforadults
Aug 19th, 2011, 05:08 AM
:facepalm: It can't be that hard to return Stosur's serve, it just can't. :facepalm:

95% of the women's tour can't return that serve effectively. It's a select group of players who can: Clijsters, both Williams, Sharapova, Azarenka, Pennetta.

Huntress55
Aug 19th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Sam :yeah:

So angry I didnt get to see the match though :(

cecilija
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Being owned by Stosur makes her RG win null and void in my eyes. She just got incredibly lucky and would have never beaten Stosur at RG as she doesn't possess the wherewithal to combat Stosur's game. Even luckier than Schiavo or Ivanovic (at least they get owned by elite players) and that says something :lol:

Pump-it-UP
Aug 19th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Being owned by Stosur makes her RG win null and void in my eyes. She just got incredibly lucky and would have never beaten Stosur at RG as she doesn't possess the wherewithal to combat Stosur's game. Even luckier than Schiavo or Ivanovic (at least they get owned by elite players) and that says something :lol:
........ :weirdo:

Ayumilover.
Aug 19th, 2011, 02:42 PM

:o

what gives you a base to say that? Until the US Open series, Stosur had sucked all year for a player that was in the top 10.

So even though Na doesn't beat Sam outside of a grandslam that isn't all that important to her after she just signed all these contracts, but still beats four top 10 players to win the French, and was about 10 points away from taking the Australian, she does't deserve her title? Well unlike Stosur, Na has actually been relevent for her whole career.

MarkNL
Aug 19th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Go Sam! :D

cecilija
Aug 19th, 2011, 03:02 PM
:o

what gives you a base to say that? Until the US Open series, Stosur had sucked all year for a player that was in the top 10.

So even though Na doesn't beat Sam outside of a grandslam that isn't all that important to her after she just signed all these contracts, but still beats four top 10 players to win the French, and was about 10 points away from taking the Australian, she does't deserve her title? Well unlike Stosur, Na has actually been relevent for her whole career.

She sucked so much that she bagelled Li two weeks before RG. :lol: Right.

I mean WTA is so dependant on randomness and luck these days. Everything is null and void :lol:

LUVMIRZA
Aug 19th, 2011, 03:32 PM
totally owned:help: Atleast Vika won a match last year against her..

Juju Nostalgique
Aug 19th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Impressive MugSur! :yeah:

But Sharapower... :scared: :sobbing:

Pasta-Na
Aug 19th, 2011, 04:07 PM

Yes. Na'd give Stosur her RG draw. Stosur'd defeat Kvitova in R4 or Maria in SF. :oh:

Pasta-Na
Aug 19th, 2011, 04:08 PM
totally owned:help: Atleast Vika won a match last year against her..

5 ft 10 tall. just tall enough to return Stosur's kick serves. :secret:

LUVMIRZA
Aug 19th, 2011, 04:16 PM
5 ft 10 tall. just tall enough to return Stosur's kick serves. :secret:

I meant Vika's win against Li. Dint we all know that Vika owns Stosur;)

Pasta-Na
Aug 19th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I meant Vika's win against Li. Dint we all know that Vika owns Stosur;)

oops :oh:

longtin23
Aug 22nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
Awful.
Li obviously a better player besides service... I mean 2nd. PLease NA learn how to return a serve... You should have won the match...

justineheninfan
Aug 22nd, 2011, 06:22 PM

Being owned by Venus and Sharapova makes Stosur's RG final null and void. She just got incredibly lucky and would have never beaten Venus or Sharapova at RG as she doesnt's possess the wherewithal to combat the game of any good tall power player, even ones who are currently shit on clay on clay. Even lucker than Majoli or Myskina (at least they get owned by elite clay court players) and that says something. :lol: