PDA

View Full Version : Turkish Airlines has pulled its Wozniacki commercials from Eurosport.

chuvack
Aug 18th, 2011, 12:29 PM
That stupid advert with the Woz and the chair umpire (ok, it was funny the 1st time I saw it) is nowhere to be seen on Eurosport in the USO lead-ups. Up until last month they were running it every half hour. It seems Turkish has realized that the Wozniacki brand is headed for the trash bin unless she pulls off a miracle turnaround at the USO. It's a bad situation for the WTA when the world #1 can't beat anyone in the Top 50.

The Witch-king
Aug 18th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I loved that ad.

The umpire drooling at the Turkish Airlines food always made giggle.

And I thought it was cute that she was playing herself.

*hums the jingle*

http://i51.tinypic.com/mvgb5u.gif

Vika & Fish
Aug 18th, 2011, 12:35 PM
theyre being replaced by the new ones she made for Aer Lingus

Whitehead's Boy
Aug 18th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Maybe Woz should promote a more appropriate airline in her image, like RyanAir or EasyJet. Like, really crappy and useless most of the time.

Doully
Aug 18th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Thank god :o
The amount of times I caught myself humming along to it...:cuckoo:.

danieln1
Aug 18th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Beginning of the end for her :sobbing:

Break My Rapture
Aug 18th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I remember seeing it on Eurosport just last week IIRC.

Joana
Aug 18th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I saw it a few days ago. :shrug:

vma
Aug 18th, 2011, 01:12 PM
That stupid advert with the Woz and the chair umpire (ok, it was funny the 1st time I saw it) is nowhere to be seen on Eurosport in the USO lead-ups. Up until last month they were running it every half hour. It seems Turkish has realized that the Wozniacki brand is headed for the trash bin unless she pulls off a miracle turnaround at the USO. It's a bad situation for the WTA when the world #1 can't beat anyone in the Top 50.

For me it never was tbh ;)
Plus, it looks as if Wozniacki's final winning shot in this commercial was a 1-metre out serve :lol:

shrOOf
Aug 18th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Maybe Woz should promote a more appropriate airline in her image, like RyanAir or EasyJet. Like, really crappy and useless most of the time.

:haha: :haha: :tears:

Navratil
Aug 18th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Beginning of the end for her :sobbing:

Yeah! Please retire!

Vika & Fish
Aug 18th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Yeah! Please retire!

didnt Navvy retire once

veryborednow
Aug 18th, 2011, 01:25 PM
it's still on eurosport :shrug:
This. I saw it yesterday.

I will never, ever fly Turkish airlines as retribution for that advert.

-Sonic-
Aug 18th, 2011, 01:25 PM
has it gone or not?!?!

Patrick345
Aug 18th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Thank god :o
The amount of times I caught myself humming along to it...:cuckoo:.

Eurosport always has these catchy commercials like "Malaysia truly Asia". I almost feel like I should apply for citizenship or something. :lol:

Mightymirza
Aug 18th, 2011, 01:30 PM
This. I saw it yesterday.

I will never, ever fly Turkish airlines as retribution for that advert.

But they r good.. :shrug: And the food is really excellent.. No wonder the umpire was drooling over it :lol:

Raiden
Aug 18th, 2011, 01:31 PM

But not as useless as the overpriced, mass-blood-clot/embolism causing "economy class casket" known as Qantas.

The Dawntreader
Aug 18th, 2011, 01:31 PM
How's she going to make money now? :spit:

Patrick345
Aug 18th, 2011, 01:32 PM
How's she going to make money now? :spit:

Marry a rich golfer? :oh:

-NAJ-
Aug 18th, 2011, 01:36 PM
That's not true

It's still on Eurosport.
:wavey:

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 18th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I loved that ad.

The umpire drooling at the Turkish Airlines food always made giggle.

And I thought it was cute that she was playing herself.

*hums the jingle*

http://i51.tinypic.com/mvgb5u.gif

*we are turkish airlines, we are globally yours*

Shaun:::
Aug 18th, 2011, 01:43 PM
:haha:

The Witch-king
Aug 18th, 2011, 02:23 PM
For me it never was tbh ;)
Plus, it looks as if Wozniacki's final winning shot in this commercial was a 1-metre out serve :lol:

Oh yeah I thought that was odd :lol:

Yes :inlove:

I won't lie part of why I liked it was because of how it pissed so many people off. During the clay season my twitter timeline was full of people complaining about it. :lol:

GoofyDuck
Aug 18th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Turkish airlines crashed her near my home at Amsterdam airport 2 years ago. :scared:

but the eurosport commercial got boring, first 10 times was cringeworthy than it got funny and after the 100th time you want it to end already :o

Vika & Fish
Aug 18th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Turkish airlines crashed her near my home at Amsterdam airport 2 years ago. :scared:

but the eurosport commercial got boring, first 10 times was cringeworthy than it got funny and after the 100th time you want it to end already :o

:wavey: http://lh5.ggpht.com/-Xvx81HjqjNA/SwBGHPikKVI/AAAAAAAAJhQ/2yCn3jVgz3s/azarenka32.jpg

chuvack
Aug 18th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Eurosport always has these catchy commercials like "Malaysia truly Asia". I almost feel like I should apply for citizenship or something. :lol:

Not everybody shares your idea of "catchy". That is the most utterly lame commercial I have ever seen in my fucking life.

(thats an exaggeration but it is still awful)

Jimmie48
Aug 18th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Jesus christ, can't you at least wait until she loses the ranking before ripping the remains apart?

Mary Cherry.
Aug 18th, 2011, 03:28 PM
She's still on the ProActiv adverts too :oh:

Vika & Fish
Aug 18th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Jesus christ, can't you at least wait until she loses the ranking before ripping the remains apart?

i thought you were a die-hard Caro fan? you dont have much confidence in her by the sound of that

Serenita
Aug 18th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Poor Woz :awww:

Where is Woz greatest fan.Megatroll ?

Mightymirza
Aug 18th, 2011, 03:36 PM
i thought you were a die-hard Caro fan? you dont have much confidence in her by the sound of that

Well everyone goes down the ranking eventually!! Even an ardent fan cant deny that.. He is just saying wait until it happens before jumping the guns ;)

C. Drone
Aug 18th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Marry a rich golfer? :oh:

and what about Rory? :awww:

anyway, instead can we talk about why Eurosport repeating the same VIPanovic interview every. fuckin. day? :weirdo:

Vika & Fish
Aug 18th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Well everyone goes down the ranking eventually!! Even an ardent fan cant deny that.. He is just saying wait until it happens before jumping the guns ;)

yeah thats true, but most true#1s do it after winning a slam or two

and guess what? some even go back UP the rankings

Mrs. Peel
Aug 18th, 2011, 03:42 PM

I've seen that commercial so many times, I was singing this in the shower imitating the singer making myself laugh. I wonder if she could sing the jingle with a straight face.

I'm glad it got pulled. It was on like every changeover and its a bit too long but kind of cute. :o

Jimmie48
Aug 18th, 2011, 03:42 PM

I“m not saying she's surely losing the ranking soon but it surely is in the cards now.

As for confidence, not much reason for that right now until she wins at least one match to stop the downward slide she's currently on.

John.
Aug 18th, 2011, 03:43 PM
It's on ES right now

Mikey.
It's on now. :lol:

atominside
saw it 10 secs ago

joćo.
Aug 18th, 2011, 03:44 PM
The commercial was just on...

joćo.
Oh. :lol:

Mightymirza
Just saw it... Fail... :facepalm:

Excelscior
Aug 18th, 2011, 03:45 PM
What a fail thread.

The poster couldn't even put a question mark in their post.

It's one thing to speculate. Nothing wrong with that, its' a website. But to waste our time, opening, and digging through the thread on mere speculation (when posted as fact)is the zenith of silly-dom.

Just let us know, you're not sure in the beginning/header, in the first place.

I know some people hate Caroline, but Damn; is it really that much?

How stupid do you feel now, to know the commercials are still running?

Specter
Aug 18th, 2011, 03:45 PM
It's as on as ever. That one ain't going anywhere.

Vika & Fish
Aug 18th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I“m not saying she's surely losing the ranking soon but it surely is in the cards now.

As for confidence, not much reason for that right now until she wins at least one match to stop the downward slide she's currently on.

for heavens sake Jimmie, dont be throwing the towel in.....

c'mon Caro (let's hear you!)

LOUDER

c'mon Caro!!!!!

again LOUDER

c'mon CARO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and just incase GoofyDuck comes around
:D:wavey:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/-Xvx81HjqjNA/SwBGHPikKVI/AAAAAAAAJhQ/2yCn3jVgz3s/azarenka32.jpg

ivanban
Aug 18th, 2011, 08:44 PM
If only they would pull out HUGE POSTER with Caro's already huge forehead from one of my city's main square. It covers entire building! :bigcry:

GoofyDuck
Aug 18th, 2011, 08:46 PM
for heavens sake Jimmie, dont be throwing the towel in.....

c'mon Caro (let's hear you!)

LOUDER

c'mon Caro!!!!!

again LOUDER

c'mon CARO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and just incase GoofyDuck comes around
:D:wavey:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/-Xvx81HjqjNA/SwBGHPikKVI/AAAAAAAAJhQ/2yCn3jVgz3s/azarenka32.jpg

Oh you're banned :sad: :sobbing:

Jimmie48
Aug 18th, 2011, 08:47 PM
If only they would pull out HUGE POSTER with Caro's already huge forehead from one of my city's main square. It covers entire building! :bigcry:

Tear it down..I buy it for my living room wall :hearts:

GoLdEnSeToV
Aug 18th, 2011, 08:49 PM
yeah this advert is so stupid...I hate it

Sammo
Aug 18th, 2011, 08:53 PM
It's still on, I saw one of them in the Stosur/Li match

JN
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:39 PM
What a fail thread.

The poster couldn't even put a question mark in their post.

It's one thing to speculate. Nothing wrong with that, its' a website. But to waste our time, opening, and digging through the thread on mere speculation (when posted as fact)is the zenith of silly-dom.

Just let us know, you're not sure in the beginning/header, in the first place.

I know some people hate Caroline, but Damn; is it really that much?

How stupid do you feel now, to know the commercials are still running?

Why not just hand the guy a loaded gun with which to blow his brains out? Geeze! Talk about overreacting. :weirdo:

edificio
Aug 18th, 2011, 09:41 PM
As everyone has pointed out, this ad is not dead yet.

We are Turkish Airlines, we are globally yours.

laurie
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:11 PM
It's a great advert, I'm sure its still on Eurosport, Euronews etc.

RenaSlam.
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:12 PM
That ad sucked. GOOD.

JuicyJoeGuidice
Aug 18th, 2011, 11:35 PM
she looked a hot greasy mess in that commercial, all bloated and sweaty looking

hurricanejeanne
Aug 18th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Maybe this ad is like Caro's version of Roddick's Mojo ad from a few years back. Oh the fail. :oh:

VishaalMaria
Aug 18th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Good, because the advert was cringeworthy. And ironic, since they had Caroline smashing a winner down the court.

Smitten
Aug 18th, 2011, 11:44 PM
I was tired of seeing Borz and her stringy hair in that.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 18th, 2011, 11:46 PM
I hate this advert. I still can't get over her "ace" landing near the baseline at the end :sobbing:

gc-spurs
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Game set match Wozniacki

Reptilia
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:45 AM
:sad:

Spring Pools
Aug 19th, 2011, 12:59 AM

McHale is actually ranked 76...

Fighterpova
Aug 19th, 2011, 01:19 AM
I saw it today during the Stosur-Li match :rolls:

Excelscior
Aug 19th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Why not just hand the guy a loaded gun with which to blow his brains out? Geeze! Talk about overreacting. :weirdo:

I see your not much of a stickler for journalistic integrity, wasting your time and free speech/expression (but overreact, and practice hypocrisy yourself) here.

Who the hell's talking about guns, and blowing peoples brains, but you? I think your projecting/compensating!

SMH. Well Ok. :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused:

QuestJon
Aug 19th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Might i make a suggestion to Turkish Airlines::cool:

Take that spot and make it like Woz is only dreaming of it.:angel:

Then the flight attendant is coming up and taking away the meal and the seat saying:
"But this is not for the losers. We are treating our guest like they deserve":kiss:

Sorry for that. Caro please come back soon!

Novichok
Aug 19th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Might i make a suggestion to Turkish Airlines::cool:

Take that spot and make it like Woz is only dreaming of it.:angel:

Then the flight attendant is coming up and taking away the meal and the seat saying:
"But this is not for the losers. We are treating our guest like they deserve":kiss:

Sorry for that. Caro please come back soon!

Might I make a suggestion to you: :cool:

Don't go into advertising.

LMAO at pressed Caroline haters. You've really fallen to an all-time low. :lol:

Bonfire
Aug 19th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Might I make a suggestion to you: :cool:

Don't go into advertising.

LMAO at pressed Caroline haters. You've really fallen to an all-time low. :lol:

THIS!:lol:

SoBizarre
Aug 19th, 2011, 06:22 AM
McHale is actually ranked 76...

Touché...

Maria rocks
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:02 AM

Thats not very nice. I quite liked the advert although the song is constantly in my head ha ha

Fantasy Hero
Aug 19th, 2011, 01:25 PM
i saw it today :shrug: and for sure this ad was better than the compeed one :haha:

Wert.
Sep 17th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Still showing it :rolleyes:

Break My Rapture
Sep 17th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Well duh, she's still #1. :weirdo: No need to bump this thread at all.

Noctis
Sep 17th, 2011, 10:57 PM
The.advert.was mesmorizing but not hypnotizing

Juju Nostalgique
Sep 17th, 2011, 11:04 PM

Classic!!! :rolls: :spit: :rolls: