PDA

View Full Version : So, will Serena get booed in her USO return?

chuvack
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Yup, time to ask the question of whether the New York fans will forgive Serena for physically threatening the tiny Asian-American lineswoman in her most recent USO appearance. Personally I think they will forgive her, but only after a couple of rounds of booing in her early matches.

Libertango
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I believe the lineswoman is Japanese-American.

Serenus Christ
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:39 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk0k7kTIWy1qzxsj7.gif

child, we being serious here?

cowmoonski
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Not if I have anything to do with it!

Sam L
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:43 AM
If they boo her it'll just make her more determined to win. :lol:

bandabou
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:50 AM
what a jerk! You should just go burn in hell! :fiery:

chuvack
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:54 AM

Unfair, dont shoot the messenger. I can guarantee you that I will not be booing Serena. But the fact is that booing is likely to occur in substantial quantities. Thats life in the big leagues.

Bijoux0021
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Yup, time to ask the question of whether the New York fans will forgive Serena for physically threatening the tiny Asian-American lineswoman in her most recent USO appearance. Personally I think they will forgive her, but only after a couple of rounds of booing in her early matches.
Hasn't Serena gone through enough?

I have a feeling if you're there, you will start the booing. :o

moby
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:00 AM
No. Americans hate Asians. They were probably secretly rooting for Serena to actually kill Shino.
Serena will receive a heroine's welcome even though she didn't finish the job.

Serena y Monica
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Would not a better poll have been...Does anyone believe hyperbole to be a threat...and if so how stupid are they?

young_gunner913
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Real Question: Will any of your bitches do anything relevant so you can make a thread about them?

dragonflies
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:21 AM
What's with the "booed" issue? Based on what, you assume booing would be the reaction of the NewYork crowd?

The fact : the crowd was booing in the Serena and Venus 's double match the day right after that infamous semifinals. However, the crowd wasn't booing at Serena, but they were booing at Patrick McEnroe who was persistently trying to ask Serena 's insight about the incident. Serena didn't answer his questions, but after the booing, Venus told Patrick : " The crowd means that they already move on, and so should you". A big round of applauses after Venus' answer. Patrick was owned.

This year, new crowd, new tournament, new Serena that just got back from a life threatening illness and injury after a year of being sideline, doing spectacular performance to make the tour interesting. And you think they will boo Serena?

The crowd in New York has more class than you do or you think they do.

Mistress of Evil
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:33 AM
:spit: you(the OP, I mean) try too hard :lol:

ranfurly
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I couldn't care less to be honest, 2 or so years ago now, time to let go,

As long as she brings us some awesome matches and shit dont hit the fan, then that's what Im wanting to see.

Dodoboy.
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:49 AM
They will not boo Serena. Deal with it.
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1168/13385755/23864735/398081102.jpg

SoBizarre
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:54 AM
What Serena did that day was uncool and unsporting, she behaved like a bitch and spoiled Clijsters' joy of winning the title. So, I don't know about booing, but I certainly hope organizers will arrange to have the same lineswoman in all Serena's matches... :devil::devil::devil:

GeeTee
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Where is the option for:

d) This is one of the most ridiculous polls ever on TF (and THAT is SAYING SOMETHING!!!)

????????????

doomsday
Aug 16th, 2011, 10:02 AM
:lol: seriously?

TheHangover
Aug 16th, 2011, 10:07 AM
i don't think, even because shino was wrong that time, but a serena winning the usopen through the boos of her own crowd would make her one of my favourites

bandabou
Aug 16th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Unfair, dont shoot the messenger. I can guarantee you that I will not be booing Serena. But the fact is that booing is likely to occur in substantial quantities. Thats life in the big leagues.

And why would they boo her? And why are you even wondering about that..who thinks about booing anyways?! You're such a sad being! Really...:(:o

Kunal
Aug 16th, 2011, 10:13 AM
i cant see that happening. not to one of their own. surely?

cowmoonski
Aug 16th, 2011, 10:15 AM
For those of you criticizing the OP, I think that his/her topic is legitimate because there is already an anti-Williams sisters sentiment in the conscious of the American tennis world, and Serena hasn't played at the US Open in a year.

hablo
Aug 16th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I'm surprised by this thread. :lol:

The thought never crossed my mind that the USO crowd might boo Serena.

Personally, I think the media made a huge deal about the fiasco than needed to be. :o

The likes of John McEnroe and Connors have behaved much worse. Double standards I guess...

Frontin
Aug 16th, 2011, 10:28 AM
No. Americans hate Asians..

Really? Because I've had many American men chasing to date me.

L'Enfant Sauvage
Aug 16th, 2011, 10:32 AM
This is a completely idiotic thread. If anything she will be MORE applauded, as she has been this entire US series.

bandabou
Aug 16th, 2011, 10:44 AM
For those of you criticizing the OP, I think that his/her topic is legitimate because there is already an anti-Williams sisters sentiment in the conscious of the American tennis world, and Serena hasn't played at the US Open in a year.

Then you're as fool as he is. :rolleyes:
As others have said..Serena behaved badly that match and paid her fine. That's it. There have been instances of worse behavior than what she's done and all those people were darlings of the crowd. So what gives?!

Ya all so sad, so desperately wanna see drama for the sisters. I think the crowd should be WARM for Serena, because she's still the flagbearer of the American tennis, even after just four tournaments.

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 16th, 2011, 10:47 AM
What's with the "booed" issue? Based on what, you assume booing would be the reaction of the NewYork crowd?

The fact : the crowd was booing in the Serena and Venus 's double match the day right after that infamous semifinals. However, the crowd wasn't booing at Serena, but they were booing at Patrick McEnroe who was persistently trying to ask Serena 's insight about the incident. Serena didn't answer his questions, but after the booing, Venus told Patrick : " The crowd means that they are already over that, and so should you". A big round of applauses after Venus' answer. Patrick was owned.

This year, new crowd, new tournament, new Serena that just got back from a life threatening illness and injury after a year of being sideline, doing spectacular performance to make the tour interesting. And you think they will boo Serena?

The crowd in New York has more class than you do.( or you think they do)

people forget this little incident that happened right after the "murder threats"....

anyways....*suscribes to thread*

cowmoonski
Aug 16th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Then you're as fool as he is. :rolleyes:
As others have said..Serena behaved badly that match and paid her fine. That's it. There have been instances of worse behavior than what she's done and all those people were darlings of the crowd. So what gives?!

Ya all so sad, so desperately wanna see drama for the sisters. I think the crowd should be WARM for Serena, because she's still the flagbearer of the American tennis, even after just four tournaments.

It's not a commentary on Serena, her behavior, or her punishment; it's a commentary on the crowd and how they're going to react, and have always reacted, to Serena -- negatively.

Stop being so defensive. :rolleyes:

madmax
Aug 16th, 2011, 10:53 AM
they should at least...
booing a classless bad sport player should be a mandatory thing to do for any self-respectable crowd. And doing that non-stop as well

young_gunner913
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:00 AM
they should at least...
booing a classless bad sport player should be a mandatory thing to do for any self-respectable crowd. And doing that non-stop as well

It's funny for you to try and give directions for what self-respecting people should do. :lol:

Serenus Christ
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:03 AM
they should at least...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldljhrPZz71qdumj0.gif

try harder..

Bijoux0021
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:05 AM
What Serena did that day was uncool and unsporting, she behaved like a bitch and spoiled Clijsters' joy of winning the title. So, I don't know about booing, but I certainly hope organizers will arrange to have the same lineswoman in all Serena's matches... :devil::devil::devil:
They should make you the lineswoman so Serena can shove a ball down your throat. :devil:

acetoace
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:08 AM
they should at least...

Classless?:lol: The above really shows how pathetic your state of mind is. I suggest u pick up a dictionary and look up the real meaning of that word and get back to me if u think a grade A throll like u have a high moral ground to label anyone that.:devil: :rolleyes:

Mistress of Evil
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:09 AM
What Serena did was vile, obnoxious and no matter the circumstances, she should not have reacted this particular way :shrug: But its all in the past, I believe she had her lesson and everything is fine now. :yeah: And again the OP just wants to troll; no need to take this thread seriously, at all :lol:

JuicyJoeGuidice
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:16 AM

you love americano sailor boy long time

RenaSlam.
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Nope.

bandabou
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:30 AM
It's not a commentary on Serena, her behavior, or her punishment; it's a commentary on the crowd and how they're going to react, and have always reacted, to Serena -- negatively.

Stop being so defensive. :rolleyes:

And you guys sooooooo hoping that the negativity remains that way, huh?! Pathetic, totally pathetic. :rolleyes::(
Instead of hoping that change is coming with time..noooh! Will the crowd boo her..what you really wanna say: I hope the crowd boo her.

Sad bunch of people, you'e!

cowmoonski
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:35 AM
And you guys sooooooo hoping that the negativity remains that way, huh?! Pathetic, totally pathetic. :rolleyes::(
Instead of hoping that change is coming with time..noooh! Will the crowd boo her..what you really wanna say: I hope the crowd boo her.

Just because you stop thinking about negativity doesn't mean it still isn't there! :)

SoBizarre
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:38 AM
They should make you the linesman so Serena can shove a ball down your throat. :devil:

There, fixed it for you. And no, I don't think shoving things down people's throats should be part of tennis match...:rolleyes:

Joey Darling
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Why would they boo Serena? Come on. That's about ignorant. If anything, they'll boo Shino.

Bijoux0021
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:44 AM
There, fixed it for you. And no, I don't think shoving things down people's throats should be part of tennis match...:rolleyes:
Whether you're a man or woman, she can still shove a ball down your throat. :devil:

bandabou
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Just because you stop thinking about negativity doesn't mean it still isn't there! :)

THINKING about negativity only attracts NEGATIVITY! Start thinking about positivity now..yeahh, the crowd's gonna give Serena a huge cheer! :bounce:

borrowedheaven
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:50 AM
What Serena did was vile, obnoxious and no matter the circumstances, she should not have reacted this particular way :shrug: But its all in the past, I believe she had her lesson and everything is fine now. :yeah: And again the OP just wants to troll; no need to take this thread seriously, at all :lol:
This!

cowmoonski
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:57 AM
THINKING about negativity only attracts NEGATIVITY! Start thinking about positivity now..yeahh, the crowd's gonna give Serena a huge cheer! :bounce:

What's going on in your life? :rolls:

Mightymirza
Aug 16th, 2011, 12:01 PM
The fans have short memory.. They really couldnt care about the past :shrug:

Mattographer
Aug 16th, 2011, 12:03 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgf3hpatCD1qaekj5o1_400.gif

Sammo
Aug 16th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Yes :hearts:

Mattographer
Aug 16th, 2011, 12:10 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk0k7kTIWy1qzxsj7.gif

child, we being serious here?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldljhrPZz71qdumj0.gif

try harder..

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgf3hpatCD1qaekj5o1_400.gif
:spit: I didn't see these posts before I posted but all gifs are from the same show :hearts:

bandabou
Aug 16th, 2011, 12:19 PM
What's going on in your life? :rolls:

Only positive things..:woohoo: :bounce:

Serenus Christ
Aug 16th, 2011, 12:30 PM
:spit: I didn't see these posts before I posted but all gifs are from the same show :hearts:

season two next month ;)

Ivanovic2008
Aug 16th, 2011, 12:30 PM

That's such a terrible thing to say :( .
For saying that I wonder who really is the jerk.

Ivanovic2008
Aug 16th, 2011, 12:35 PM

Sad bunch of people?
Your the one who told the op to burn in hell after asking if Serena would get booed after doing something vile and awful.

HippityHop
Aug 16th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I'm learning that it takes extraordinary will power to not feed trolls. :help:

thrust
Aug 16th, 2011, 12:47 PM

Either this, or the Kim being the greatest Blue Court player, is the dumbest thread of the day. Serena will NOT be booed, and Kim is not the greatest player on ANY surface. Rather obvious facts, actually.

tennnisfannn
Aug 16th, 2011, 12:48 PM
they booed Venus in 2002 for daring to beat Mauresmo in the semi-final!

Mattographer
Aug 16th, 2011, 12:48 PM
season two next month ;)
First season finale this week in Australia :awww:

eck
Aug 16th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Her serves will shut em all up.

bandabou
Aug 16th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Sad bunch of people?
Your the one who told the op to burn in hell after asking if Serena would get booed after doing something vile and awful.

Ah please. It wasn't a question..the OP is soooo HOPING that the crowd's gonna boo Serena.
Besides..if we're gonna go down the vile and awful path..then let's boo Andy Roddick, Johnny Mac, etc too, no?!

What Serena did was awful indeed, but that was ONE instance of such behavior.

bandabou
Aug 16th, 2011, 01:03 PM
That's such a terrible thing to say :( .
For saying that I wonder who really is the jerk.

And hoping that Serena gets booed ain't a terrible thing? :rolleyes:

Ivanovic2008
Aug 16th, 2011, 01:06 PM
And hoping that Serena gets booed ain't a terrible thing? :rolleyes:

Um there kind of in too different categories...

I dont want Serena to get booed but what you said was completely out of order.

Rollo
Aug 16th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Serena behaved horribly on that one occasion. Emphasis on the word one.

My guess is the crowds will be thrilled to see her return. I'm not even a great fan and I'm happy she is back. Just imagine the discussions we'll have if she starts racking up more slams and closing in on the 18 slams Chris and Martina have:)

Mina Vagante
Aug 16th, 2011, 01:22 PM
No.

I doubt they even remember :p

HRHoliviasmith
Aug 16th, 2011, 01:27 PM

I think that he was being sarcastic. :lol:

HRHoliviasmith
Aug 16th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Classless?:lol: The above really shows how pathetic your state of mind is. I suggest u pick up a dictionary and look up the real meaning of that word and get back to me if u think a grade A throll like u have a high moral ground to label anyone that.:devil: :rolleyes:

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww110/annapeezy/gifs/qmyzbm.gif

bandabou

Only way to survive in a world without rules..is to live without rules. ;)
Posters like the OP are just asking for it and then that's the only way to handle them.

Pump-it-UP
The average fan won't even remember. It'll just be the Mary Carillos that will be making a big deal out of it.

Annie.
Aug 16th, 2011, 01:44 PM
They won't boo. But she won't get the crowd support, she never has in NY :o

Serenita
Aug 16th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I'm learning that it takes extraordinary will power to not feed trolls. :help:
This :)

ptkten
Aug 16th, 2011, 02:10 PM
The average fan won't even remember. It'll just be the Mary Carillos that will be making a big deal out of it.

You're right. The majority of people that get tickets to Arthur Ashe won't even realize that she hasn't played since the incident. Maybe there will be like ten die hards booing but they would do that anyway. I think she'll get one of her best receptions because her seed will be in the 20s or 30s and people know she might not play for that many more years.

serenafan08
Aug 16th, 2011, 02:19 PM
:rolleyes: She won't get booed. Most fans will be thrilled to have her there, fully healthy and ready to conquer the field.

erschloy214
Aug 16th, 2011, 02:37 PM
She's the top American, having a great comeback, and our best hope to win the US Open....they will not be booing her.

HRHoliviasmith
Aug 16th, 2011, 02:43 PM
She's the top American, having a great comeback, and our best hope to win the US Open....they will not be booing her.

They won't be giving her their full-fledged support either, sadly. She and Venus only get that in doubles.

Volcana
Aug 16th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Yup, time to ask the question of whether the New York fans will forgive Serena for physically threatening the tiny Asian-American lineswoman in her most recent USO appearance.I dispute your premise. a) She didn't threaten the lineswoman. b) The lineswoman's race and size h nothing to do with the issue.

However, we've been over all that, and no minds are changing now.

Serena lost her cool on court, acted inappropriately, and was appropriately sanctioned. End of story. The talking heads care. The crowd won't. She'll get her usual cheers.

Excelscior
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Of course not.

She'll be welcomed back and feted like a returning conquering hero. They'll forget.

Now if she does something similar, of course, that may bring back old feelings. But I think Serena is fine at the US Open, as far as the crowd.

Everybody loves a comeback story, and a winner!

That she is!

SerenaSlam
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:03 PM

You should have actually said the OPINION is just an FYI

TennisViewer531
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I don't think she'll get booed in her USO return. She'll probably get a standing ovation or something... I won't be surprised if there will be a pre-match (off-cam) instruction to the audience not to do such a thing..

dsanders06
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Hasn't Serena gone through enough?

:lol:

The world is against poor Serena. :sad:

dsanders06
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:14 PM
In answer to the question, she probably won't get booed, but I had to laugh at one of the Willytards claiming people will have "forgotten" - I don't know how it is in the States, but on Eurosport, commentators reference The Tirade virtually every match she plays in.

I also find it hilarious that Serena fans actually have the nerve to call Justine or Maria classless - were either of them ever put "on probation" by the ITF like an immature child? :lol:

Serena y Monica
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:22 PM

Let's put things in perspective here:

A. What Serena did was loose her temper...Never good...but hardly vile. While it was not her best moment let the person who hasn't used hyperbole in anger cast the first stone...won't be you then right! No one... you me or even Shino thought she'd literally be swallowing a ball that day...so can we stop with the exaggerated outrage.

B. Seriously? It's awful to tell someone to burn in hell? Why exactly? Even if you're naive enough to believe in hell...surely you're not stupid enough to believe anyone on this board can actually consign anyone there. Again... H-Y-P-E-R-B-O-L-E!

C. Grow up!

Serena y Monica
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:30 PM
In answer to the question, she probably won't get booed, but I had to laugh at one of the Willytards claiming people will have "forgotten" - I don't know how it is in the States, but on Eurosport, commentators reference The Tirade virtually every match she plays in.

I also find it hilarious that Serena fans actually have the nerve to call Justine or Maria classless - were either of them ever put "on probation" by the ITF like an immature child? :lol:

Funny...and not ha ha...that you should use the words "immature child."

winone23
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:33 PM
No

sammy01
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:34 PM
They will not boo Serena. Deal with it.
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1168/13385755/23864735/398081102.jpg

nothing like posting a gif of a crackwhore to prove your point :help::tape:

anyways, serena will be fine, the crowd will be happy to see her playing again.

ptkten
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:35 PM

In the U.S., I don't remember them showing the tirade on tv once this summer and maybe have mentioned it in passing once or twice. Also, the point isn't that big tennis fans won't know, it's that many of the people who buy tickets to Arthur Ashe are not necessarily the most hardcore fans of tennis. Regardless, even if they all do know, I think the injury and the year off have made her more endearing to the general public. She got some of the best receptions of her career at Stanford and Toronto.

dsanders06
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Also, the point isn't that big tennis fans won't know, it's that many of the people who buy tickets to Arthur Ashe are not necessarily the most hardcore fans of tennis.

The Tirade was headline news around the world due to it being unprecedented in tennis. It was one of the top stories that day in the UK (when the US Open usually gets minimal coverage in mainstream news). EVERYONE knows about it.

And you may be right that her injury/time off has endeared her more to the public - she certainly got a very warm reception in her first match at Wimbledon ... and then she reminded everyone of just how unattractive and arrogant her personality is by throwing a tantrum over her being put on Court 2, and consequently got a backlash in the British press and the Wimbledon crowd cheered to the rafters when Bartoli kicked her ass out of the tournament.

ptkten
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:41 PM
The Tirade was headline news around the world due to it being unprecedented in tennis. It was one of the top stories that day in the UK (when the US Open usually gets minimal coverage in mainstream news). EVERYONE knows about it.

Of course they are aware of it. What some of us are saying is that they won't realize it's her first match at the U.S. Open since that.

Serena y Monica
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:47 PM

And you may be right that her injury/time off has endeared her more to the public - she certainly got a very warm reception in her first match at Wimbledon ... and then she reminded everyone of just how unattractive and arrogant her personality is by throwing a tantrum over her being put on Court 2, and consequently got a backlash in the British press and the Wimbledon crowd cheered to the rafters when Bartoli kicked her ass out of the tournament.

Really...the story got headlines because it happened during a major and it was "Serena Williams" who flew of the handle. As to the rest of your blather it's just that...silly blather spewed from a silly person exaggerating to support a false premise.

bandabou
Aug 16th, 2011, 04:14 PM

:lol: They didn't WIN as much as Serena has either..heck, Serena has more majors than them combined. :lol:
You're sooo sad!

bandabou
Aug 16th, 2011, 04:19 PM

Just..... go away! :rolleyes:
Or get a life. Don't have you nothing better than to do than post stupidness?

Why's she arrogant? She didn't refuse to play on court 2. She only stated, and fairly at that, that as a 4-time champ it didn't feel right for her to be put on court 2...and why Federer and Nadal never got to play on court 2. That was it...so why are you still blah blah blah blah?

Jane Lane
Aug 16th, 2011, 04:31 PM
This thread is so ridiculous I can't even handle it. Like what, because it's New York we're going to boo? Because that's all we do right? I doubt you'd be saying this about Wimby or the AO.

We respect sports here. Except when our teams suck, then we boo because we care. This however, is not an instance.

She'll get a standing ovation probably.

Gdsimmons
Aug 16th, 2011, 04:38 PM
After all Serena has been through in the past year I do not think booing is even in people minds. In fact I think Serena will probably get a standing o

Mary Cherry.
Aug 16th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Half of them will probably have forgotten it ever happened.

ghost world
Aug 16th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Um, weren't lots of people excited when she started attending Venus' matches last year?

nothing like posting a gif of a crackwhore to prove your point :help::tape:

http://i.min.us/ijqsKU.gif

Pump-it-UP
Aug 16th, 2011, 05:02 PM

The average fan has to be reminded of her embolism. The only way her outburst becomes an issue in 2011 is if Kim is somehow healthy and able to make it far enough into the draw to play Serena. Was 'The Hand' causing an uproar when Justine returned to RG the following year? No, because it was old news. :lol: You're giving the average tennis fan way too much credit.

I won't even bother responding to the 2nd part of your post, but let's just say that every tennis player has moments that they should be ashamed of. :bigwave:

VishaalMaria
Aug 16th, 2011, 05:07 PM
No she won't get booed.

And the tirade is NOT mentioned in every match of hers on Eurosport. Some people would just lie to make Serena look bad.

dsanders06
Aug 16th, 2011, 05:16 PM
:lol: They didn't WIN as much as Serena has either..heck, Serena has more majors than them combined. :lol:
You're sooo sad!

No doubt if someone posted a thread titled "Megan Fox is more attractive than Serena", the Willytard Brigade would end up making the "13 Slams" argument then too :lol:

dsanders06
Aug 16th, 2011, 05:19 PM
The average fan has to be reminded of her embolism. The only way her outburst becomes an issue in 2011 is if Kim is somehow healthy and able to make it far enough into the draw to play Serena. Was 'The Hand' causing an uproar when Justine returned to RG the following year? No, because it was old news. :lol::

That's because nobody outside of Serena's fanbase ever particularly cared about "The Hand" in the first place, seeing as it's clearly not in the same league as threatening an official (as shown by the fact Justine received no punishment whatsoever, while Serena became the first Slam champion in history to be put "on probation").

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 16th, 2011, 05:28 PM
surprise...dsanders is here with the usual :lol:

TheDream
Aug 16th, 2011, 05:28 PM
That's because nobody outside of Serena's fanbase ever particularly cared about "The Hand" in the first place, seeing as it's clearly not in the same league as threatening an official (as shown by the fact Justine received no punishment whatsoever, while Serena became the first Slam champion in history to be put "on probation").

The hand incident still to this day was a big incident. In fact, they brought it up again this year in Australia when Justine retired.

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 16th, 2011, 05:30 PM
No she won't get booed.

And the tirade is NOT mentioned in every match of hers on Eurosport. Some people would just lie to make Serena look bad.

he conveniently forgets that people here watch ES as well :lol: and the talk has been about how quickly she's snatching wigs after her health scare

dsanders06
Aug 16th, 2011, 05:36 PM
he conveniently forgets that people here watch ES as well :lol: and the talk has been about how quickly she's snatching wigs after her health scare

Of course it is... although only after they've discussed how everyone in Europe worships Michael Jordan :hug:

The Witch-king
Aug 16th, 2011, 05:36 PM
The hand incident still to this day was a big incident. In fact, they brought it up again this year in Australia when Justine retired.

Remember when Davenport referenced it on her twitter :lol:

L'Enfant Sauvage
Aug 16th, 2011, 05:42 PM

Clearly Davenport is a "Willytard" on TF. I wonder whose account she's under though :confused:

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 16th, 2011, 05:44 PM

retweeting serena...

dsanders06
Aug 16th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Clearly Davenport is a "Willytard" on TF. I wonder whose account she's under though :confused:

And clearly the ITF are just racist for putting Serena on probation, instead of thinking threatening an official is disgusting and should be discouraged and is clearly far worse than putting your hand up and not admitting it.

Break My Rapture
Aug 16th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Of course not. :lol: Serena is pretty much the only good and frequently active player America has left on the Tour, and they're pretty spoiled to have her too.

bandabou
Aug 16th, 2011, 05:56 PM
No doubt if someone posted a thread titled "Megan Fox is more attractive than Serena", the Willytard Brigade would end up making the "13 Slams" argument then too :lol:

Maria Sharapova, I give you...but comparing Juju to Megan Fox?! :rolls: OMG! :facepalm:

bandabou
Aug 16th, 2011, 05:58 PM
And clearly the ITF are just racist for putting Serena on probation, instead of thinking threatening an official is disgusting and should be discouraged and is clearly far worse than putting your hand up and not admitting it.

You keep harping and harping and harping...what's it you wanna point? What do you wanna say?

Say it and stop blah blah already. You're such a totally pathetic person. :o:(

TheDream
Aug 16th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Wow, Dsanders06 is a Serena obsessed troll.

doomsday
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:00 PM
You keep harping and harping and harping...what's it you wanna point? What do you wanna say?

Say it and stop blah blah already. You're such a totally pathetic person. :o:(

You're on fire today :lol:

dsanders06
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Maria Sharapova, I give you...but comparing Juju to Megan Fox?! :rolls: OMG! :facepalm:

:facepalm:

dragonflies
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:09 PM

Stop trying too hard over something in the future that is merely a speculation and no one has control over it. Would you dare enough to make a bet with Serena's fans on TF that she will get booed there instead of warming standing ovations like the ones she got in Toronto and Standford?

On the sidenote, looking to the mirror to see your face and calm down for a second. Screaming out malicious words with a hateful soul, abeit in a forum, doesn't look pretty and is very unhealthy and sad.

HRHoliviasmith
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:11 PM

And water is wet. :lol:

Potato
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:11 PM
No one even remembers that shit. As much as you would like to see it, it's not going to happen.

VishaalMaria
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:14 PM

Maria is irrelevant and so he has to latch onto someone.

dsanders06
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Stop trying too hard over something in the future that is merely a speculation and no one has control over it. Would you dare enough to make a bet with Serena's fans on TF that she will get booed there instead of warming standing ovations like the ones she got in Toronto and Standford?.

:)

madmax
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:16 PM

still much more relevant than Queen Vee I'm afraid...

J4m3ka
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:16 PM

I don't even think he's a Maria fan. Just a fan of whoever beats Serena at a slam, or has the potential to :spit:

Ntosake
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:17 PM
nothing like posting a gif of a crackwhore to prove your point :help: :tape:

:secret:Well they could have used the one of Martina, but Whitney's was more convenient :tape:

(Just kidding, Martina is ok with me :lol:)

Anyway, I say NO, Serena will not get booed, and if some do, then it will speak more about them than anything. Hope people have moved on.

serenaforever
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:17 PM
And water is wet. :lol:

AcesHigh
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:18 PM
I forgot about it. And I was pretty adamant when it happened. Tennis isn't that important for such an occasion to make an impact.

VishaalMaria
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:29 PM
still much more relevant than Queen Vee I'm afraid...

Thats the only way Marias going to be more relevant than Queen Vee is if Queen Vee isn't actually playing.

doomsday
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Thats the only way Marias going to be more relevant than Queen Vee is if Queen Vee isn't actually playing.

Yeah let's just forget that Vee was playing Wimbledon this year and lost against a scrub AGAIN.

VishaalMaria
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I don't even think he's a Maria fan. Just a fan of whoever beats Serena at a slam, or has the potential to :spit:

Whoever challenges the WS. I mean he/she/it even put together a feeble attempt at the great chance Maria has to win the US Open.

HRHoliviasmith
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:33 PM

yeah that's the reason his lips have been firmly planted on kim's behind lately. :haha: :haha:

OMG...THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE QUEEN, SERENA!!!!!!! Mashabators and Veetards take your quarrel somewhere else!!!!! :fiery:

VishaalMaria
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Yeah let's just forget that Vee was playing Wimbledon this year and lost against a scrub AGAIN.

Voskoeboeva.

But it's alright. I actually hope Maria starts playing good tennis again. The novelty has worn off regarding those df horror shows.

VishaalMaria
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:37 PM
yeah that's the reason his lips have been firmly planted on kim's behind lately. :haha: :haha:

OMG...THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE QUEEN, SERENA!!!!!!! Mashabators and Veetards take your quarrel somewhere else!!!!! :fiery:

You're right. Maria is having her best season since 2008 (yet still no slam), but we shouldn't go off topic. :lol: I'll stop now.

But no one in their right mind would boo Serena. I'm sure they'll appreciate her considering she hasn't played there for two years now.

Ntosake
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:39 PM

:boxing: :lol: :topic:

dsanders06
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Whoever challenges the WS. I mean he/she/it even put together a feeble attempt at the great chance Maria has to win the US Open.

I didn't say she had a great chance to win it, I only said she had a better chance than Venus - which is quite obviously true even to unbiased Williams fans. :lol:

Voskoeboeva.

I thought only Slams mattered?

madlove
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Maybe if she did what she did last year at Roland Garros, she'd definitely be booed. The French crowd are unforgiving. Hingis was booed for years for the '99 final.

PLP
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:45 PM
No, I think she will actually receive quite a warm welcome.
Too much time has passed and I believe most tennis fans are just happy to have her back at a high level.

VishaalMaria
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Maybe if she did what she did last year at Roland Garros, she'd definitely be booed. The French crowd are unforgiving. Hingis was booed for years for the '99 final.

The French crowd are the most active out of all the slams in that sense. But, for me, it's what stands out about the French Open. The crowd.

tonybotz
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:50 PM
this is a non-issue. baby girl has given us new yorkers too much to cheer about over the past 14 years. standing ovation

HRHoliviasmith
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Voskoeboeva.

But it's alright. I actually hope Maria starts playing good tennis again. The novelty has worn off regarding those df horror shows.

:haha:

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Voskoeboeva.

someone ate bitch flakes for breakfast :oh: :lol:

TeamUla
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:12 PM

Shino is not American. She's from Japan.

mykarma
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I believe the lineswoman is Japanese-American.
No she's tiny Japanese-American.

doomsday
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I thought only Slams mattered?

Of course not, not since Serena is winning all MM.;)

marineblue
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Likely as her home crowd loves to cheer against her. I wish she got the same lines judge as well.:devil:

BluSthil
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:53 PM
How can you possibly boo somone who had all those illness problems. If you have to show your discontent, then simply remain quiet ! :tape:

edificio
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:53 PM
This is kind of a dumb poll and thread.

Sure, a few people may boo, but the whole crowd, I don't think so. It has been two years. A lot of stuff has happened in that time. :shrug:

it-girl
Aug 16th, 2011, 10:02 PM
No one but a JERK boos for a person who could easily not be playing at all. If anything it will be the opposite. Serena will get massive support & it will be very obvious. I wish I could have booed that lines woman for causing a match that fans had to wait forever to see because of the rain delays, to end based on a call that has never been proven.

Tennisation
Aug 16th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Who cares, she's winning the USO

Hurley
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:11 PM
I'm pretty sure the crowd will be so shocked by recognizing a top female player that they'll be far too overwhelmed to boo.

antonella
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:37 PM
lol..:lol: at people actually expecting good manners from New Yorkers.

10sMan
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:39 PM
She needs to behave nice and she will be fine

le bon vivant
Aug 16th, 2011, 11:45 PM
who cares? US Open crowd and US open tournament, bleh

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 17th, 2011, 12:15 AM
who cares? US Open crowd and US open tournament, bleh

at the next slam directly after it....no screw that, when she came here for the exho that same year, the whole crowd went wild when she was announced...sold out crowd...

AO crowd cheered like mad for her....:lol:

SoBlackAndBlue
Aug 17th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Serena was in a commercial where she made sarcastic reference to the USO 09 incident. It's funny now; no one is mad over it.

Helen Lawson
Aug 17th, 2011, 01:13 AM
It's been two years and she had a major injury she could have died from, I think the crowds will not boo her.

I don't know about Americans as a whole hating Asians, but I have heard many times the Blacks hate the Asians, not sure about Serena, though.

edificio
Aug 17th, 2011, 01:22 AM
It's been two years and she had a major injury she could have died from, I think the crowds will not boo her.

I don't know about Americans as a whole hating Asians, but I have heard many times the Blacks hate the Asians, not sure about Serena, though.

A lot of things one hears just aren't true.

BlameSerena
Aug 17th, 2011, 01:24 AM
I feel like this was supposed to be a joke thread. They have 0 reason to boo her.

Roookie
Aug 17th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Her outburst should not be forgotten

DOUBLEFIST
Aug 17th, 2011, 04:29 AM

:scratch: Where the hell do YOU live. :lol:

darrinbaker00
Aug 17th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Her outburst should not be forgotten

Thanks to YouTube, it won't be. :shrug:

Personally, I think Serena will get a standing ovation when she steps onto Arthur Ashe Stadium on Opening Night. Let's face it, she may be the only American left in the tournament come Labor Day.

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 17th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks to YouTube, it won't be. :shrug:

Personally, I think Serena will get a standing ovation when she steps onto Arthur Ashe Stadium on Opening Night. Let's face it, she may be the only American left in the tournament come Labor Day.

All of this.

And I'm SURE that Patrick/Mary will talk about it at LEAST 4 times during her run at the US Open.

and I'm willing to bet people will ask her about it during her press conferences.

duhcity
Aug 17th, 2011, 03:28 PM
All of this.

And I'm SURE that Patrick/Mary will talk about it at LEAST 4 times during her run at the US Open.

and I'm willing to bet people will ask her about it during her press conferences.

I'm sure that Patrick/Mary will talk about Maria's 2004 Wimbledon run at least four times during Serena matches at the US Open :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 17th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I'm sure that Patrick/Mary will talk about Maria's 2004 Wimbledon run at least four times during Serena matches at the US Open :lol:

pmsl :sobbing:

so true!

SeMany
Aug 17th, 2011, 04:21 PM
serena won't get booed but wozniacki will, for playing that shit and leading the world rankings with 3000 points ahead:help: