Aug 15th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Peer was leading *5-0 second set
grad she came through

FORZA SARITA
what an useless comeback from Sabine :tape: down 0-5* and 4-5* 15-40 :o

ElusiveChanteuse
Peer choked.:spit: but luckily she managed to close it out at the end.
Bine Bine :hug:

fouc
double choke of the year.

NA-GOAT
slumping Shahar who won 1 game against Wozniak last week defeats Sabine who is hyped up as a contender for GS ... I can't :facepalm:

GoofyDuck
Hilarious :haha: :haha:

Shahar :worship:

Purple_Rain
Three threads.

She came back from 5-0 actually. And then choked in the TB. That backhand is truly awful.

Tatcher
Lisicki is so overrated :o

Jane Lane
:lol: at the almost choke from Shahar. But Sabine was awful. 50 UEs.

Doully
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Horrorfest.
49UE from Sabine's racket. :o.
Desperately needs to find more consistency in her game.

pedropt
49 UE for Sabine :help:

Awful match :lol:

Ayumilover.
Oh. My. God. :facepalm:
there goes my FID for this week :help:

what on earth sabine was that :smash:
pox on you :ignore:

goldenlox
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:50 PM
3rd match point for Peer. Lisicki didnt play Rogers Cup, she should consider New Haven if she needs matches.
Now Peer plays Vika

TheBoiledEgg
Sabine :rolleyes:
All that hard work for nowt :o
Tiebreak was just terrible as was all match apart from the 6 game streak
Shockingly bad Sabine :cuckoo:

HuHu
http://i54.tinypic.com/aywqjc.jpg

djb84xi
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I was just watching this on Tennis Channel and WOW!!! If Peer had lost that 2nd set, I would've just flipped. I didn't think she was gonna survive after being up 5-0, letting the lead slip away, but she hung in there somehow and pulled out the victory in the TB. Definitely not the prettiest match you'll ever see. I'm surprised at the Winner to UFE ratio from Lisicki. 28 Winners and 49 UFEs. Definitely not her day, but it was good to see her make that 2nd set a bit more competitive.

Smitten
:lol: This match was terrible. The kind of match you shake your head after every point.

Commentators were money though. They completely ripped apart Peer's benign game, touched on her failure to reach the top 10, called her career high of #11 an overachievement. Then they criticized Lisicki's stupidity, her lack of any sort of a rally shot, and her overrated serve.

All true. Lisicki is nowhere close to being the player people on her want her to be, but she continues to be judged on her above-her-level performances and not what she is capable of doing daily.

Curcubeu
Losing this match would have been the final nail into the coffin for Peer, but she was able to pull it out, even hitting her first ace of the match on 5-4 in the TB. :)

Lisicki's serve was off today, so she wasn't nice to watch... :tape:

crazillo
ES commentators were right, Sabine needs to adjust her game when she is mishitting so much. Adjusting at 0-5 down second set is way too late though. She didn't deserve to do the comeback, Peer just choked. Horrible, horrible performance.

everythingtaboo
49 UFE and 7 DF. :rolleyes: But a nice comeback in that second set.

Kim's_fan_4ever
One of the most disgusting matches this year. Honestly, the both deserved to lose. Lisicki for the amount of ridiculous UEs and Peer for being completely useless and weaponless :tape: I'll never be the same after this joke of the match :sobbing:

Tatcher
Sabine who is hyped up as a contender for GS ...
:help: :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:52 PM
49 UE for Sabine :help:

Michael!
Disgusting match from Lisicki until 46 05
No serve, no footwork, looked totally unmotivated, then stated to play better and immediately came back but in the end for nothing, from 05 to 65* just to lose in the TB is extremely annoying but that what happened before was even more annoying, especially the start of 2nd set, I hope Sabine learns from that match ,she just canīt change her game when her normal game doesnt work, terrible to watch then and a bit typical that she isnt able to turn such a match around then eventhough she had all chances here as Peer really didnīt play good as well!
Well, hoping for some wins now in Dallas, that she was able to come back like that in 2nd set should give her some confidence back at least!

Purple_Rain
Oh. My. God. :facepalm:
there goes my FID for this week :help:

what on earth sabine was that :smash:
pox on you :ignore:

Same here. I stared at Vika-Sabine for like 10 minutes before picking Sabine to win and advance all the way to the final. I figured that, if Sabine could play well against Peer, she'd be ready for Vika and the other seeds. :banghead:

What troubles me is not the 4-6, 0-5 start, but the lousy finish. You know that a player like Serena would never let that edge slip away. Sabine is awful when she loses focus, and unfortunately, she loses focus quite often.

T_P
Worst match I've seen this year :tape:

Rex59
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
3rd match point for Peer. Lisicki didnt play Rogers Cup, she should consider New Haven if she needs matches.
Now Peer plays Vika

She's playing Dallas and needs it.

John.
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
What a shiteous crapeous match that was :weirdo:

Excelscior
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Now Peer plays Vika

Yeah. But that's no excuse.

Didn't Lisicki play both Stanford and San Diego-Carlsbad?

That should of been nice rest/practice time for her (Rogers Cup).

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. But Lisicki definitely has got to tighten it up all around regardless (1st consistency, 2nd serve, backhand, ROS), if she wants to consistently compete at the highest levels, or to increase her chances of getting hot one day, and going deep into a major.

I hope she has better luck at the Open, and good for Peer!

Patrick345
The question is: Does Lisicki learn anything from this?

Lisickiīs 80% mode is still good enough to push players behind the baseline, control rallies and finish points off with a higher quality shot. She went a bit too far in the other direction in the tiebreak, but all she needs to do is find some sort of balance.

I know her father has a sports degree, but if you gave Lisicki to Richard Williams, I think heīd turn her into a top 5 player in under a year.

Libertango
Sabine was awful :o

LCS
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Poor Peer. The whole match was in Sabine's hands. Once Lisicki got going she reeled off 6 straight games. But then Lisicki started playing tentative again and lost.

More then twice of Peer's total points were unforced errors from Sabine. Peer ain't going far :wavey:

Purple_Rain
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:57 PM
A couple more notes -- Sabine was really effective when coming to net. She did this a few times off high, deep moonballs, which I thought worked great. She's also decent at pushing, because she keeps the ball deep and allows herself to get into a rhythm. She should push more and ballbash less.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Poor Peer. The whole match was in Sabine's hands. Once Lisicki got going she reeled off 6 straight games. But then Lisicki started playing tentative again and lost.

More then twice of Peer's total points were unforced errors from Sabine. Peer ain't going far :wavey:

Obviously, she faces Azarenka next :lol:

tennisbum79
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:58 PM
bine:sad:

came all the way back from 1-5 in that 2nd set
She should not have let the match get out of hand like that.

This particular 1st round loss can' be good for her. She is trying to come back

Adrian.
Really really really bad match of Sabine :o

Peer wasn't better, too :o :facepalm:

Sabinator.
HOR-RI-BLE :bigcry: Worst match of Sabine I have ever been watching in my entire life :help: :tape: I'm speechless... :o

Joey Darling
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:59 PM
What gets me about this is not only did Sabine suck royal ass, but Shahar doesn't deserve to be moving on. No, I am not saying that as a spiteful fan, I am saying that as what I feel to be honest. Sabine SHOULD of had this match, and Shahar did absolutely nothing flashy, nor fantastic to win. I want to pat Shahar on the back for winning, but I'm too busy kicking Sabine to pay her any mind. Awful match.

FERLKE
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Great win Shahar! :bounce::kiss:

doomsday
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Overrated Lisicki.

Patrick345
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Obviously, she faces Azarenka next :lol:

Vika was probably cursing out the TV, when Lisicki came back. She knows Peer has nothing for her, while you can never tell, which Lisicki shows up.

tennisbum79
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Sabine was awful :o
Maybe she is playing too much.

And wearinf that Wimbledon outfit is not helping:lol::)

Mashabator
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:03 PM
no words.

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Worst match of 2011 :o
It was that bad.

jefrilibra
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:06 PM
:rolls:

Belmont Lad
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:06 PM
What a dog of a match. :help:

goldenlox
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Playing Dallas might be a good move for Lisicki, she cant bring this form into NY & go far

Bijoux0021
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Whatever happened to that Lisicki who played out of this world tennis at Wimbledon against Na Li? :confused: I was mesmerized by her play. Since then she has not come close to produce that same type of tennis. Now it seems like it was a fluke. A once in a lifetime performance.

itzhak
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:10 PM
This is big win for Shahar. She is still very far from her 2010 form, her confidence is really low and you could see how difficult was for her to close this match. As she will win more matches, even such of these, she will play better, her level now is only issue of her current level of confidence.

Siderophyre
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:10 PM
It was that bad.

So true. Illustrates the worst of the WTA when someone can hit 49 UEs in two sets and the opponent barely pulls out the win. Lisicki has zero consistency from one moment to the next, nevermind match to match.

I should think Peer will be dispatched without a murmur in the next round.

Patrick345
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:11 PM
It was that bad.

Please I have seen Cornet/Wozniacki in Bastad. Unless they have a rematch, that match will stand the test of time. They couldnīt keep the ball in play on a clay court with a 1970īs pace.

LenaDMania0003
Sabine :help:
good fight after 4-6 0-5* but so many errors :shrug:

JJ's biatch
Sabine :facepalm:

Siderophyre
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Please I have seen Cornet/Wozniacki in Bastad. Unless they have a rematch, that match will stand the test of time. They couldnīt keep the ball in play on a clay court with a 1970īs pace.

Ha! Was that the one when Cornet's phone rang? Also pretty dire!

Marionated
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:12 PM
What do you people actually expect from Sabine on hard?

Glad I missed this.

Patrick345
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Playing Dallas might be a good move for Lisicki, she cant bring this form into NY & go far

If she canīt find a middle ground (like she did at 0-5) sheīll lose there, too. Even the #250 can walk from left to right, watching error after error from Lisicki. 49UEs. Thatīs 12 games. :lol:

benbest
future GS champion :facepalm:

Patrick345
Ha! Was that the one when Cornet's phone rang? Also pretty dire!

Yes.

silvamarius
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:19 PM
very unexpected :eek:

saul1333
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Almost a good comeback :(

madmax
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Strategic tank from Sabine
Peer is hopeless anyway and will be thoroughly trashed by first opponent who cares

ZODIAC
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Sabine has no backhand..

pav
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Got up at 5am and missed this apparent gem of a match:mad:

Ian Aberdon
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Sabine........Jesus Christ!!! :facepalm: :bigcry:

Less kooky videos...more practice.

Ellery
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:33 PM
omg Shahar :inlove: :inlove: Horrible near choke though :o

misty1
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:41 PM
i dont understand why everyone is so quick to write players off because off one loss for the rest of their careers

this was a bad loss for sabine no doubt but she did good to fight back the way she did and she can be dangerous ot the US if she sorts out that serve

lets look at her results recently:

a title, 2 sf's and a QF

she's entitled to one bad week

olivero
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Peer's choke was really funny. I'm kinda glad she came through though, such loss would destroy her confidence for sure.

dragonflies
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Missed the match and the results was a surprise. Peer used to be a competent counterpuncher player with smooth groundstrokes and a heart to fight, running like crazy Caroline-like to get the balls back. That helped her to come close to the top 10, but for a while she has been playing terrribly. All she has been doing in every matche this year is dumbly pushing short balls sitting high back to the opponent's courtside begging for them to hit a winner. It was like a boxer leaning his head toward begging his opponent to punch. Laughable and annoying to watch.

Having said that, Sabine lost to a weaponless player doing nothing besides setting up winners for you to hit is ridiculous. It says loudly about the accuracy in Sabine's shots. Hope she improves that and get better results at the US Open. Nice girl but it's annoying to see how brainless she was in the matches many times.

BluSthil
Aug 15th, 2011, 06:04 PM
It seems like Lisicki needs to go back to 'school' !!!

dragonflies
Aug 15th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Peer is hopeless anyway and will be thoroughly trashed by first opponent who cares

It's not like Peer is a world beater, but you need to check the facts before running your mouth for it doesn't sound bitter.

Sabine, tank? in a Tier1 tournament no less that offer tons of points and lots of money? What does she tank this match for when the Open is still weeks away and she needs money, ranking points and the bonus money from the US Open serries?

Also, people who tank don't lose a tight first set, being leaded at 0-5 and fought back to lose in the tiebreak. That was a tons of effort and energy to lose, let alone getting bad reputation and losing confidence.

Talking sense must not be your strength.

matthias
Aug 15th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Peer didnīt defeat Sabine, Sabine did it by herself
Peer had nothing else to do as keep the ball in play

i never saw Sabine playing such a bad match

Purple_Rain
Aug 15th, 2011, 06:15 PM
It's not like Peer is a world beater, but you need to check the facts before running your mouth for it doesn't sound bitter.

Sabine, tank? in a Tier1 tournament no less that offer tons of points and lots of money? What does she tank this match for when the Open is still weeks away and she needs money, ranking points and the bonus money from the US Open serries?

Also, people who tank don't lose a tight first set, being leaded at 0-5 and fought back to lose in the tiebreak. That was a tons of effort and energy to lose, let alone getting bad reputation and losing confidence.

Talking sense must not be your strength.

She didn't tank; she lost focus and let the match get away from her. If she's going to tank anywhere, it'll be Dallas.

Ian Aberdon
Aug 15th, 2011, 06:21 PM
My last comment may have been a bit harsh on Sabine. She was away for much of last year, so perhaps the consistency still has to be attained, even now. Prior to this it was, from Grass Season: Title, SF (GS), SF & QF. But in 2008 apparently she was
doing much the same as now, ie. big game but a tendency to spray the ball out of play in between the winners & aces. Who is working on her consistency? Who is teaching her to change tactics if her A game is not firing? Whether it's her dad, Bollettieri or someone else, is she being told, & is she listening?

Maybe I'll feel better in the morning! :lol:

SwingVolley93
Aug 15th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Sabine a darkhorse for this year USO? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roookie
Aug 15th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Lord...the tour is such a hot mess.

Chim
Aug 15th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Sabine will come back. She just twitted too much and lost focus:lol:

I'm not a fan of Peer but happy to see her winning a match like this. Otherwise her confidence will be completely trashed.:help:

tennisbum79
Aug 15th, 2011, 06:26 PM
And what was the strategy here?

Kasey
Aug 15th, 2011, 06:32 PM
WTA reaching new lows.
Lisicki as a contender in NY :tape:
Now I have to forget this match, apart from peer's choke maybe......that was kind of laughably odd, still funny though :lol:

CillyUltra
Aug 15th, 2011, 07:56 PM
i dont understand why everyone is so quick to write players off because off one loss for the rest of their careers

this was a bad loss for sabine no doubt but she did good to fight back the way she did and she can be dangerous ot the US if she sorts out that serve

lets look at her results recently:

a title, 2 sf's and a QF

she's entitled to one bad week

I know, you refer to all these glorious quotes: ;)

Whatever happened to that Lisicki who played out of this world tennis at Wimbledon against Na Li? :confused: I was mesmerized by her play. Since then she has not come close to produce that same type of tennis. Now it seems like it was a fluke. A once in a lifetime performance.

Lisicki has zero consistency from one moment to the next, nevermind match to match.

She's playing Dallas and needs it.

Lisicki didnt play Rogers Cup, she should consider New Haven if she needs matches.

You know that a player like Serena would never let that edge slip away. Sabine is awful when she loses focus, and unfortunately, she loses focus quite often.

Questions over questions: Are these people dumb, are they defamer, are they too lazy to look at the facts, are they intellectually unable to follow the path of a player over a longer period? :unsure:

I'm feeling with you...you have expectations about a little bit wisdom here, on GM... but, I can't help you. :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

By the way, her last performance of this kind dates back 15 weeks (ITF Prague)...

CillyUltra
Aug 15th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I know her father has a sports degree, but if you gave Lisicki to Richard Williams, I think heīd turn her into a top 5 player in under a year.
:rolls: Forenclown Nr.1 :worship:

Wert.
Aug 15th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Sabine's 2nd serve realisation was poor...About 25% I think :help:
Bad Match...But i dont worry about this girl.She will peobably make good run at USO :yeah:

smarties
Aug 15th, 2011, 08:05 PM
http://www.weakstream.us/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/choke.gif

Joey Darling
Aug 15th, 2011, 08:06 PM
It's a ridiculous loss, no doubt, but all will be fine. Before she came back, and had her Wimbledon run, she had some god awful ITF losses. She will be fine after this... She is an upbeat player, who rarely gets down on herself. All will be fine.

Congratulations Shahar. I was harsh earlier, but I mean this congratulations.

Purple_Rain
Aug 15th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Questions over questions: Are these people dumb, are they defamer, are they too lazy to look at the facts, are they intellectually unable to follow the path of a player over a longer period? :unsure:

What was so dumb about my quote? I'm not writing Sabine off; I'm just saying she has a long way to go.

matty
Aug 15th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Shahar :)

AjdeNate!
Aug 15th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Abysmal.

Vikapower
Aug 15th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Sabine really produces too much UEs, she so close to the Lucic & co league at times really not representative of her.

dragonflies
Aug 15th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I know, you refer to all these glorious quotes: ;)

I'm feeling with you...you have expectations about a little bit wisdom here, on GM... but, I can't help you. :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

By the way, her last performance of this kind dates back 15 weeks (ITF Prague)...

A poster like you who got riled easily and quoted a bunch of other posters without even get bothered to read into the contexts is idiotic and embrassing.

For arguement's sake, I was refering to a poster who said Sabine lost was a strategy. Anyone with a few brain cells can easily see that Sabine didn't tank the match today when she needs the ranking points, match play, money and the bonus points from the US open serries. There was no reason for her to do it. Also, the score line and the way the match happened just proved my point. Yes, she is inconsistent, had a bad day, Peer's playing style didn't suit her or whatever the reason. Nevertherless, she didn't tank. So what is stupid about that analysing? For the record, I like Sabine and understand she bounces to have bad days and will perform better, but what was wrong with saying she did not tank in today's match?

It's understandable to have a typo or being mistaken about a certain fact, but for you to be high and thoughtlessly jump into insulfting a dozen of different kinds of posters without having a grasp of the contexts is a hugely risky act. Sorry it was not a wise thing to do. While you expect a little wisdom from other GM's posters, it's only fair that you should express some wisdom from your side first.

You just showed your stupidinity for the whole board to see, insulting people for no reason, and stupidily accused others because of your inability in reading comprehension. It's very embrassing and you should be ashamed of yourself if you have any of self-respected left. Brainlessly writing a post calling many people stupid without any credible proofs beside posting crying smillies tells a lot about your own intelligence and maturity, more than about others.

Mistress of Evil
Aug 15th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Beyond embarrassing for Lisicki :o though, good to see that she avoided the bagel in the second :lol:

cn ireland
Aug 15th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Surprising loss for Sabine.

jrm
Aug 15th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Suprise of 2011 :lol:

i thought Peer will be counting points that she would win here

Pasta-Na
Aug 15th, 2011, 09:31 PM
fast hardcourt :oh:

Patrick345
Aug 15th, 2011, 10:10 PM
What was so dumb about my quote? I'm not writing Sabine off; I'm just saying she has a long way to go.

I donīt know, but keep going, I feel a bit uncomfortable being at the center of StalkerUltraīs attention and admiration.

young_gunner913
Aug 15th, 2011, 10:16 PM
WTF. Oh well, I'll take it! KADIMA SHAHAR!! :worship:

LUXXXAS
Aug 15th, 2011, 11:14 PM
WTF Sabine?
uhhh ugly stats :facepalm:

RenaSlam.
Aug 15th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Huh? #generationsuck

Setsuna.
Aug 15th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Sabine.:facepalm:

Mike81
Aug 15th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Sabine :o but Jarka :o:o I'm so over the days of defending Sabine on TF.

hdfb
Aug 15th, 2011, 11:41 PM
slumping Shahar who won 1 game against Wozniak last week defeats Sabine who is hyped up as a contender for GS ... I can't :facepalm:

This.

Purple_Rain
Aug 15th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Sabine :o but Jarka :o:o I'm so over the days of defending Sabine on TF.

So, if Woz loses to McFail tomorrow, who will you cheer for?

Slim pickings in the WTA these days.

Mike81
Aug 15th, 2011, 11:52 PM
So, if Woz loses to McFail tomorrow, who will you cheer for?

Slim pickings in the WTA these days.

If Sabine answers my question in her WTA youtube video then she may be redeemed a bit. Otherwise soon it could be Mike81 more a Woz fan than Bine fan...

Purple_Rain
Aug 15th, 2011, 11:55 PM
If Sabine answers my question in her WTA youtube video then she may be redeemed a bit. Otherwise...

:lol:

Oh, Mike, how we've missed you. We really need you here for a Sabine-Jarka showdown, if and when it happens. That match would be epic on so many levels. :lol:

monmonito
Aug 16th, 2011, 12:15 AM
oh what happened this is a surprising loss for Sabine... Gl in doubles with Dani!

Joey Darling
Aug 16th, 2011, 12:24 AM
I wouldn't worry, people. She will be fine. She admitted on twitter that she had an off day, and that she played bad. Being able to admit your wrongs is half the journey... Now to fix them.

Pops Maellard
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:13 AM
As sick as I am of her, Sabine has no business losing to Peer. :o

Ryan
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:28 AM
As sick as I am of her, Sabine has no business losing to Peer. :o

This. I mean, just...yikes. I'm sure Shahar will have a riveting Tweet discussing the win.

danieln1
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:30 AM
This Sabine girl is :weirdo:, she can lose to anyone

LightsOut!
Aug 16th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Why did I know this would happen? :sad:

tripwires
Aug 16th, 2011, 04:00 AM
How hilarious would it have been if Peer had lost that second set and then gone on to lose the match? Alas, it was not to be.

Navratil
Aug 16th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Sabine's comeback was good for Peer who now really earned that win. If it was a 6:4 6:0 it would have been a present from Sabine but Peer really worked hard and managed to get through which wasn't easy in the end!

Horrible day for Sabine but she'll be back!! :)

bandabou
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Wow..potentially career-ending loss, had Peer lost it. :lol: :tape:

Sam L
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Yay Shahar!! :D

Miracle Worker
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Awful match :help:

We could see everything, except good tennis.

GreenGrass
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:50 AM
if Shahar had lost this match :lol:

Sabine 50 UE's in 2 sets :weirdo: :help:

longtin23
Aug 16th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Well, I don't think any WTA player can play good against Sabine serve but if she serves like shit, Shahar can still beat her...

CillyUltra
Aug 18th, 2011, 05:56 PM
the comparison with Serena and "she loses focus quite often": I think it's a bit inappropriate (but not dumb ;))

Anyone with a few brain cells can easily see Sabine didn't tank the match when she needs the ranking points, match play, money and the bonus point from the US open serries.

She hasn't tanked bc she would have lost 64 60 otherwise. Sabine has to defend 120 points until the end of season and made some money in Wimbledon, she isn't in need of points or money anymore this year, they are bonus.

For you to be high and thoughtlessly jump into calling a dozen of different kinds of posters who are dumb without having a grasp of the contexts is hugely risky and it also shows your stupidinity for the whole board to see. It's very embrashing if you have any of self-respected left. Writing a post calling a many people stupid without any credible proofs beside crying smillies tell a lot about your intelligence.

Sabine had a 21-4 win-loss record since the FO up to this match, only beaten by Top 6 players + Serena. That's the context of these quotes.