PDA

View Full Version : my opinion abt seles

anshu19
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:09 PM
hi everyone....let me tell u last night.....my night was made...all thanks to monica....i hasd been waitin a long time...and i really mean it...for monica news...her to pla...her photo's....and as sooon as i saw her walking out on to the court's....i could tell she is fitter,lost weight and was looking goood....i even said it at the beginning of the match......:D

match started....monica was playing well...holding serves.....losing some.....but the most imp thing tht i noticed was tht she was moving well......and as the match went on...she just picked up her level.....and was still moving well....and hitting well.....and also.....serving well....she had 12 aces in the match...but DF too!!!

i dont like her playnig venus coz venus moves well.....but here's hoping monica comes up firing.....hanging in the big points..and venus is rusty....patty isnt as goood a player as seles....but she took venus to 2 set tiebreaker....so i really hope monica can win....coz i think her semifinal....will be easier.....henin and clijsters....dont have a good record against monica.....and then final....serena....she is a good shot for monica tooo....similar styles of play......but i think serena and monica are the toughest mentally!:cool:

victory1
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:18 PM
The reason Davenport beat Seles so many times is because Seles has problem returning her serves. Also I notice that Seles plays a high risk game, she immediately go for the lines, in every shot. Since Lindsay don't move as well as the other ladies in the top ten, the more Seles can keep the ball in, the better her chances got of beating Lindsay. Seles tried the same tactic on Venus at the French, but she was able to run down most the shots and hit winners on the run. I think if Seles has a chance to beat Venus, three things she has to do well, acuracy, acuracy, acuracy, since she will be going immediately for winners.

mishar
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:22 PM
yeah Monica feels (I think correctly) she has to hit great winners all the time to beat Venus and Lindsay especially. She was definitely not in good enough form to be able to do that in Paris or New York. We'll see about tomorrow night. She'll have to play better than she did last night.