PDA

View Full Version : WWW Cincinnati 2011?

Purple_Rain
Aug 15th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Now that the qualies have been placed and Toronto's champions have been crowned, we can have a legitimate poll. (albeit a short-lived one)

Main draw: http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/posting/2011/1017/MDS.pdf

NOTE: This draw was made before Radwanska's withdrawal (http://www.cincytennis.com/radwanska_withdrawal_shuffles_draw/) was announced. To update, add qualifiers, then replace Radwanska (11) with Jankovic (13). Replace Jankovic with Wickmayer. Replace Wickmayer with Craybas (Q). Replace Craybas with Martinez Sanchez (LL). When an updated draw has been posted on cincytennis.com, I will remove this note.

Notable names not listed as poll options:
[7] Francesca Schiavone
[8] Marion Bartoli
[9] Andrea Petkovic
[15] Ana Ivanovic

Galang
Aug 15th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Hard to look past Serena

Lucas_Arg
Aug 15th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Since I don't think Serena will play (and in case that she does she won't get pass both Na and and Sam) I really think Maria could go al the way if she plays decent tennis. I mean, she has such a cakewalk draw.
But if Serena does play and is fit after all the matches she has played this past week she will win I'm almost sure.

SAEKeithSerena
Aug 15th, 2011, 02:02 AM
let's see if Serena plays. if she does, HER.

dsanders06
Aug 15th, 2011, 02:05 AM
It's going to be Wozniacki. I can feel it :sobbing:

In The Zone
Aug 15th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Serena and her camp has already openly stated that they feel comfortable with a USO seed if Serena wins one match in Cincinnati. I think that reveals a little into the camp's strategy for Cincinnati.

If Serena plays like she did in Stanford and Toronto - Serena.

If Serena is playing safe and is satisfied with her run this summer leading into the Open, I'd go with Sharapova. These courts are lightning fast. Someone like Wozniacki would get overwhelmed on these courts in the heat and humidity.

Outside shot: Bartoli.

VishaalMaria
Aug 15th, 2011, 02:16 AM
I think Maria has a good chance, provided she takes her opportunities. I think a good showing her will give her good stead at the US Open.

dsanders06
Aug 15th, 2011, 02:21 AM
I think Maria has a good chance, provided she takes her opportunities.

Stop trying to jinx her :ras: She's already doing a good enough job of that herself.

Fighterpova
Aug 15th, 2011, 02:23 AM
Serena is the favorite if she plays & cares about the tournament.

The other favorites are Azarenka and Wozniacki who can both play extremely well on hard courts.

VishaalMaria
Aug 15th, 2011, 02:26 AM
Stop trying to jinx her :ras: She's already doing a good enough job of that herself.

I'm not as nasty and vindictive as yourself whereby I'm consumed with hate for a player. Bye.:)

RenaSlam.
Aug 15th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Fight, Serena. Then take a week off before the Open.

Albireo
Aug 15th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Whoever prays the hardest to the remnants of Big Butter Jesus.

Gq01UYiMyHg
miK-j-IhZG0&feature=relmfu

Passed it every day on my way to the tournament.

Joey Darling
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:13 AM
If she plays, Serena. She can get past Na, and she can get past Sam. She is playing with motivation, she is playing with heart, and most importantly... She is playing with a new outlook. Obviously I want Sabine to win... I'm NOT picking against Serena, though. That would be all too ignorant.

Stonerpova
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Serena if she plays, Maria if she doesn't.

Aryman3
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:21 AM
No chance to vote for vice-leader

Williamsfan4ever
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:26 AM
As stated already above, if Serena wants to win... she will. However knowing Serena, Kim K's wedding is probably on her mind. BUt idk maybe she wants more cash like she said, girls gotta pay that rent.

Paldias
Aug 15th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Serena if she doesn't tank out of the tournament :o

practiceboy
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Serena is the least likely to win, as she's the only one in the list who was invited to Kim K's wedding

SerenaSlam
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:45 AM
How many points is winning Cincinnati worth?

justineheninfan
Aug 15th, 2011, 05:52 AM
How many points is winning Cincinnati worth?

900 points.

Purple_Rain
Aug 15th, 2011, 08:10 AM
This is a tough one. Just filled out my draw and found Serena in the winner's circle once more. I don't think she's that motivated to win Cincy, but with none of the top six playing well, she has to be the favorite.

TheHangover
Aug 15th, 2011, 10:19 AM
serena, she wants to go to the olympics, but she didn't play fed cup the last 4 years, playing fed cup next year is not enough so she has to ask for a dispensation to the itf and being number 1 in the world would help her cause, so i predict that in the next months we will see a fully committed serena, she will win almost every tournament she enters

Buitenzorg
Aug 15th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I think Sharapova :)