PDA

View Full Version : Radwanska's father: Aga though she was a smart alec. She did nothing great so far

TeamUla
Aug 11th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Plz mods. Do not move it to Aga's forum. Thanks in advance.

We rest from each other, giving ourselves a time until the end of the year. If then Aga and Ula decide that the new configuration works, we will split up. I will not oppose. They will need to find a coach who will be able to train with them every day, also here in Kraków. They will need to find a flat for him etc... It is easy to go with a player to the tournament... It's much harder to train a player, to work for his good form in gray reality. If they will decide to split up with me, they will find out the truth - the truth of life.

Agnieszka believed all those claquers, also those from Polish Tennis Association how great, wonderful, brilliant and just her father is an evil. Nonsences, spoken by those "upset" and "well-wishing" did its job. Agnieszka suddenly claimed that she was a smart alec and she stopped to be able to listen. Father was not good as he demanded, imposed discipline, told all errors aloud. Yes, sometimes too ostentatiously [via 2010 French Open] but if the defeats became a standard I just was not able to do it in a different way. In one moment I realised that I banged my head against a brick wall. But I never was and will never be a claquer! So I say once more that all those arguments were arguments of player and coach, not daughter and father.

Excuse me. But so far Agnieszka did nothing great. Yes, yes... please do not be so astonished! When I hear that in Carlsbad she achieved her biggest success in career, I just smile with pity. She just defended her 2010 points from that tournament and instead of losing the final, she won. And if she doesn't agree with my opinion, let she win US Open to spite me. I wish her that from all my heart and I will be really happy if she does! If she doesn't let she at least reach semifinal. Then I will stand corrected with pleasure and I will claim that those changes brough something. So far I am waiting.

http://sport.onet.pl/tenis/robert-radwanski-zdradza-kulisy-konfliktu-z-corka,1,4817368,wiadomosc.html

eck
Aug 11th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Jesus can't he just be happy? :o

cordec
Aug 11th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Agree, this guy is a dick.
I think that he was the biggest obstacle on Aga's career.
Once she dumped him out she began to play her best.
Good 4U Aga

TTomek
Aug 11th, 2011, 12:46 PM
typical tennis daddy :o

I so hope Aga will find a new non-family coach :yeah:

Boreas
Aug 11th, 2011, 12:56 PM
how many threads like this? :o

Found this quite fitting quote in another similarly boring thread:oh:

TeamUla
Aug 11th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Found this quite fitting quote in another similarly boring thread:oh:

You are boring and predictable to hell, Boreas. :oh: There are many people interested in backstage topics.
This thread has a potential for another drama, I see. :oh:

borrowedheaven
Aug 11th, 2011, 12:59 PM
typical tennis daddy :o

this.

tennisbum79
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:03 PM
He is not happy Aga keeps winning w/o him.

He thought he, and he alone, was responsible for all her success.
He can't stand she has not fallen apart without him

PLP
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:07 PM
He is right though, she has not done anything great yet.
Still, How awful to hear those words from your father in a public forum and right on the heels of a very good win.

tennisbum79
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Still, How awful to hear those words from your father in a public forum and right on the heels of a very good win.
Didn't she win a tournament just last week?

iPatty
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Player forum.

Serenita
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Cant he just wish her well:o

ZODIAC
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:15 PM
thats why Richard is loved by his kids,he never tries to live through his children and lets them be themselves.After all this time Serena and Venus still value their fathers input and they seem to respect their father you never hear of them dissing their father ...always speak highly of him...that speaks a lot about his parenting skills.

thrust
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I agree the father is an idiot, but winning an important tournament is something she has not done in a long time. Vera is now the second ranked player in the WTA, hopefully, Aga will continue to rise in the rankings.

Irute
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Sure she did nothing great so far after leaving him, but there was not much time to do anything great. I also believe his words that she did not listen to him, it's a common problem that grown up kids don't listen to their parents if they fail to establish grown up - grown up relationship and instead they listen to others. This is why another coach may be more effective, provided he is a good one. I understand that he may be hurt right now, but this public bitterness is not necessary. Hope they will come to terms soon; I don't wish to anybody to be on bad terms with their family.

StoneRose
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:22 PM
It's normal and healthy that people stand on their own feet in life after 18, Aga realizes this, smart girl.

spartanfan
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:24 PM
A father shouldn't air this dirty laundry out in public. What does it say that both of his daughters basically fired him from coaching. I guess he will have to get a new job. And winning San Diego is a BIG deal!

Sammo
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:25 PM
What a moron :lol: Some people can't take being irrelevant :facepalm:

fouc
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Jesus can't he just be happy? :o

Absolutely and totally no :)

Papillon.
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Don't put this in the player forum. Interesting but completely pathetic read.

TeamUla
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Don't put this in the player forum. Interesting but completely pathetic read.
this :oh:

doooma6816
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:33 PM
She just won tournament beating no.3 in the world...and Vera wasn't that bad, Aga played really well!...it's not like she was winning 4 tournaments every year. This Aga would have crushed Sveta last year...
It's a little step but in right direction.
Tomasz Wiktorowski seems to be very good coach. When he comments on ES he always knows what he talks about.

Her father is just jealous of him...I mean with her father she hadn't won a title for 3 years.

Zébulon
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:35 PM
What does "alec." mean ?

tennisbum79
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:37 PM
What does "alec." mean ?
Being a smart alec = full of yourself

Also means obnoxious, conceited

Self-asserting person who pretends to be smart or clever

Steven.
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:38 PM
What does "alec." mean ?

smart alec means to be a smartarse basically.

Cajka
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:42 PM
This guy is so annoying. And, Jesus, he talks too much. I'm happy that Aga dumped him. :bounce: The first title after more than 3 years and now without the annoying daddy she can finally be more competitive at slams. It should've happened long time ago, but she's still very, very young.

tennisbum79
Aug 11th, 2011, 01:57 PM
This guy is so annoying. And, Jesus, he talks too much. I'm happy that Aga dumped him. :bounce: The first title after more than 3 years and now without the annoying daddy she can finally be more competitive at slams. It should've happened long time ago, but she's still very, very young.
In the past, I heard about him, but pay little attention to his his beef with Aga.

But after hearing, I can see why Aga decided to part ways with him.
He seems come across as "my way or the highway" kind of guy.
It must be unpleasant and a constant struggle to deal with a guy like that, let alone a father who does not let you make your own decision.

If he was around last week, I don't think Aga would have won that tourmanent.
She already had to deal with a bad shoulder, adding her overbearing father to the mix would have been too much.

He should have a talk with Richard Williams , Yuri Sharapov and Dr. Bartoli.
They give space to their respective daughters.

They trust they have instilled in them the ability to make their own decision, so as adults, they do not need to interfere.
Although, they can give advice, it does not have to be "take it or leave it"

Jane Lane
Aug 11th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Aga :bounce: Smartest thing she ever did. I still can't believe she and Ula have half his genes. :tape:

longtin23
Aug 11th, 2011, 02:01 PM
:help:
Is he really Aga's father??

longtin23
Aug 11th, 2011, 02:02 PM
What a moron :lol: Some people can't take being irrelevant :facepalm:

I thought it's What a marion :lol:

Stonerpova
Aug 11th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Only makes me root for her more. What a dick.

MB.
Aug 11th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Wow. He is, frankly, a giant ass.

And embarrassing himself and his daughter in the media.

John.
Aug 11th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Wow! What an A Hole

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 11th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I guess there IS some bad blood between the two, contrary to what Agi has said.

everythingtaboo
Aug 11th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Rough. But she's better off without him, and he knows it. Hopefully Ula starts getting some better results now as well.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Aug 11th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Guess I'll be cheering for Aga to win nowadays. :lol:

tanman
Aug 11th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Womens tour needs alot less fathers coaching just maybe the level of tennis will go up and the girls will mature alot faster

Mrs. Peel
Aug 11th, 2011, 04:02 PM
I had to read it twice because I couldn't believe her own father would write some tosh like that. Thank goodness she stopped working with him! He is a poor excuse for a father and former coach.

I feel bad for the girl to the point of tearing up. :sad: He sounds jealous and that is no way for a father to be. Astonishing! She did a great job on Sunday!

I'll be cheering for her from now on. Fucking bastard :fiery:

timafi
Aug 11th, 2011, 04:08 PM
what a spiteful asswipe:o:help::facepalm::facepalm:

matty
Aug 11th, 2011, 04:10 PM
He should wish her well and try not to take it too personally--she's a grown woman, not a child.

And he's only going to make it worse for himself. She may cut him off entirely...and if in the future, she is married and has kids, he may not be able to see his grandkids. My god, he should be grateful and happy that he has a mature, hard-working, responsible daughter.

ElusiveChanteuse
Aug 11th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Aga please prove him wrong.:cheer: and try win USO if possible.:oh:

Daan
Aug 11th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Agree, this guy is a dick.
I think that he was the biggest obstacle on Aga's career.
Once she dumped him out she began to play her best.
Good 4U Aga

Maybe a dick, but he's right.

Daan
Aug 11th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Only makes me root for her more. What a dick.

And what if Aga plays one of your faves? Will you then root for her too?

Belmont Lad
Aug 11th, 2011, 04:34 PM
What a prick. :mad:

Mrs. Peel
Aug 11th, 2011, 05:10 PM
And what if Aga plays one of your faves? Will you then root for her too?

He can root for both and be pleased with the outcome either way. :rolleyes:

ElusiveChanteuse
Aug 11th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Maybe it's actually a reverse psychology by her dad, who knows?:oh:

pov
Aug 11th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Pretty hardcore dude. My initial reaction was "wtf?!" However, on re-reading I respect that he says what he honestly thinks about the situation. 'Course, not saying anything at all to the media would have been preferred.

Apoleb
Aug 11th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Excuse me. But so far Agnieszka did nothing great. Yes, yes... please do not be so astonished! When I hear that in Carlsbad she achieved her biggest success in career, I just smile with pity. She just defended her 2010 points from that tournament and instead of losing the final, she won. And if she doesn't agree with my opinion, let she win US Open to spite me. I wish her that from all my heart and I will be really happy if she does! If she doesn't let she at least reach semifinal. Then I will stand corrected with pleasure and I will claim that those changes brough something. So far I am waiting.

:haha: :happy:

The man is amazing. Fluffwanska is lucky to have a father like him.

Mary Cherry.
Aug 11th, 2011, 06:28 PM
This guy looks like Gary Glitter. Hopefully it's the last we hear from him :o

saul1333
Aug 11th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Always provides hours of entertainment when I need to sit and drool

Adrian.
Aug 11th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Some of the mods must hate her :oh:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 11th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Moved :o NID. Every relatively interesting thread about Aga gets moved here.

saul1333
Aug 11th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Your threads have the highest affinity for ending up here

adner
Aug 11th, 2011, 06:49 PM
I think the moderator who moved this here is a desperate Caro fan who takes care of having at least 50% of Caro-related threads on 1st page of GM :lol:

SwingVolley93
Aug 11th, 2011, 06:49 PM
This makes me incredibly sad to read :(
And Kim you should be extremely pissed and PM a Mod. :rolleyes:

TeamUla
Aug 11th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I got used that all my threads about Polish tennis get moved here. :oh: They would rather keep a thread about Clerico vs Cachiotti in GM. :lol:
I tried to PM mods in my earlier threads but it never give any positive result so... :shrug:

edificio
Aug 11th, 2011, 07:26 PM
He is not happy Aga keeps winning w/o him.

He thought he, and he alone, was responsible for all her success.
He can't stand she has not fallen apart without him

You nailed it.

What a pathetic man.

I hope Aga will stay away from him as a coach from now on. In addition, he sounds verbally abusive. Before I just thought they disagreed about small things and that it was simple familial disagreements, but now...I don't know.

Stay away, Aga, stay away! Ula, leave too!

TeamUla
Aug 11th, 2011, 07:27 PM
And actually I know which mod is responsible for that but what I am supposed to do. :shrug:

Adrian.
Aug 11th, 2011, 07:31 PM
And actually I know which mod is responsible for that but what I am supposed to do. :shrug:

who? :spit:

edificio
Aug 11th, 2011, 07:31 PM

The problem is that people who rarely enter the player forums but who are interested in these players won't see this thread unless they happened to see the move link. They should leave such threads in general messages for a couple days before moving it. Just my thought.

The thread was very interesting to me, but I'm rarely in Aga's forum. Damned moderators. :)

Vamos Feńa
Aug 11th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Ok seriously her dad should just shut the fuck up. Maybe Aga's used to his point of view, but he seems to enjoy being the centre of attention. Almost each time he gives everyone the feeling that he's above everyone. We have a lot of crazy people in Poland. Yet we need to have another one :rolleyes: At least Aga is in QF now :)

fouc
Aug 12th, 2011, 10:30 PM
wtf, who moved it? I guess lots of non-fans were really interested in it :o

TeamUla
Aug 12th, 2011, 10:50 PM
wtf, who moved it? I guess lots of non-fans were really interested in it :o

So do the thread yourself about it. One particular mod just doesn't like me and constantly moves my threads here. :rolleyes: