PDA

View Full Version : Pam Shriver said that Martina Hingis is serving as a chauffeur for the players!!

treufreund
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:36 AM
:angel:

She was there watching Monica beat Lindsay and looked soooo happy and just FABULOUS!!!! Her hair was cut really cute and she had a huge smile and was laughing and joking. It's so nice to see all of those beautiful, beautiful pics of her at the fashion show, seeing her in the stands happy and seeing her all over the championships's website. I really appreciate feeling her presence and am so happy that she is doing so much service and participating here with joy when she could have easily been sad or disappointed. She really does keep her chin up and really contributes to the tour. I had NEVER heard of a TOP PLAYER serving as a CHAUFFEUR. :)

Jarrett
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:41 AM
I thought she was talking about the hat she was wearing.

tennisfan1972
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:48 AM
What Jarrett said.

treufreund
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:02 AM
NOT!!! She really is serving as a chauffeur!!

vs1
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:07 AM
Wow! I can't believe she is serving as a chauffeur!! That's incredible...considering she probably has a chauffeur herself! But it's good that she is in high spirits and involved in the championships. I'm glad to see her happy and enjoying this even though she can't pariticipate. I think that in a way, it'll really help her spirits!

Drive carefully Martina!!!

Dawn Marie
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:07 AM
Picturing Martina driving Miss Venus all around the town. leaving with a smile on my face.:)

I hope she SERVING pretty well as a chauffeur then she does her own tennis balls.;)

treufreund
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Yes Martina is driving Venus to McDonalds where Venus has to work third shift as part of her deal with McDonald's. Venus will be doing janitor work since she doesn't like to cook. ;)

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:20 AM
ROTFLMFAO...I know you are joking.

treufreund
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:22 AM
:p Venus LOVES McDonalds. Maybe she can work on that fry station. The oils are great for dry, ashy skin. :p

Dawn Marie
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Sorry, tru I think mine was funnier.:)

treufreund
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:24 AM
And yes Freethinker I am just having some fun. Monica's fabulous match put me in a great mood despite the horrendous ELECTION DAY and DEMOCRATIC DISASTER. Btw, congrats Venus on surviving a sticky second set.

Sorry Patty but at least you put up a fight and did not go down so easily as many predicted. :)

treufreund
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:26 AM
It would be fun for Venus if Martina could take her on a little "joyride" Evil laugh follows. I am picturing one of Madonna's videos and a very worried Venus. HAHAHA !!!

Dawn Marie
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Well since Hingis is about to quit her job, Venus didn't want the other girls to work short so she decided to help out. SERVING her customers is the only way for Venus!:)

Dawn Marie
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:28 AM
treu many predicted that Venus would lose.. lmao

Martina probably would love to give Vee a joyride, through Anna in ther too. LOL

Treu to be honest that Madonna video popped in my head as well!:)

treufreund
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:30 AM
?????

treufreund
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Dawn,

were you as upset about yesterday's election results as I was???? HORRIFYING!!! :eek:

Dawn Marie
Nov 7th, 2002, 08:27 AM
YES, but that is the American masses for yah? Totally stuck on stupid. Ignorant republicans. Ignorant voters. DIE embiciles DIE!

Raisin
Nov 7th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by treufreund
And yes Freethinker I am just having some fun. Monica's fabulous match put me in a great mood despite the horrendous ELECTION DAY and DEMOCRATIC DISASTER. Btw, congrats Venus on surviving a sticky second set.

Sorry Patty but at least you put up a fight and did not go down so easily as many predicted. :)

Many predicted Patty will win:o lol

wongqks
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:19 AM
and I am not one of them ;)

RAA
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:50 PM
well, hopefully Martina will learn from Monica in that you don't have to give up when you are not #1 anymore. you can be a player like Monica and continue to compete year after year and still score quality wins and be in and around the top 5. Martina can learn a lot from Monica about FIGHTING and really going after a win.

gourownway
Nov 7th, 2002, 02:37 PM
I was wasn't too far away from here. She looked like she was having a good time, but she didn't stay for Venus and Patty. Or if she did, she did not go back to her seat.

That hat though, seeing it in person, I can only imagine what it looked like on TV!

griffin
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:17 PM
I can picture Hingis driving Venus, too - to the OTHER side of town: "It's MY trophy and if I can have it NO ONE can! Eh hehehehehee!"

;)

jRoD6556
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:24 PM
I heard Hingis was a bad driver!! Anyone have pics of Hingis at this tournament?

Robert German
Nov 7th, 2002, 04:56 PM
The elections were horrifying! But we have to remember that essentially we live in a nation of hicks. Otherwise, George "hick" Bush would not be president. The fact that most Americans do not understand what a joke he is is troubling.

Fortunately I live in California where the Democrats swept all statewide offices and control both houses of the legislature.

treufreund
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:03 PM
well I just hope that Schwarzenegger does not become the governor out there some day only because that would then give the Republicans inroads to winning California some day.

anton
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:48 PM
is ameila mauresmo in la or will she be fined?

griffin
Nov 7th, 2002, 07:07 PM
She is not in LA, nor will she be fined. She got a note from her doctor saying she's not to travel until the swelling in her knee goes down (bad reaction to the dyes used in an arthroscan - links provided if ya really want to know)

Hawk
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by griffin
I can picture Hingis driving Venus, too - to the OTHER side of town: "It's MY trophy and if I can have it NO ONE can! Eh hehehehehee!"

;)
haha I can totally see that happening :D
That might be why there are not more player's chauffeuring.