PDA

View Full Version : Admit It, You WILL Miss Her When She's Gone

AjdeNate!
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:08 AM
For all those who said that Monica should already have retired... Granted it was *only* a first round win, but arguably one of the BEST matches for the whole of 2002 so far. I hope this serves as the only notice that you'll need that Monica lives her life and plays her tennis on one persons terms and timetable.... HER OWN!

Congrats Monica!!

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:10 AM
well said...

selesrules
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:10 AM
GO MONICA!!! :hearts:

disposablehero
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:12 AM
I won't need to mull over this question for a while yet.

per4ever
Nov 7th, 2002, 07:46 AM
I will never miss Monica :confused:

they're not all fans you know :rolleyes:

Nov 7th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Monica should keep playing for as long as she enjoys playing tennis...let's face it, Agassi is 32 or something and Monica had a huge break during her career (so she's less likely to burn out), so she should have a few good years left in her :)

irma
I guess I will, I was also sad when sabatini retired!

~RedRose~
I must admitt that i was Going for Lindsay, but nevertheless, a great win and a great fight from Monica ... Congrats Grl!! U deserve it!! Good Luck against Venus!!

tennisIlove09
Nov 7th, 2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Seles
For all those who said that Monica should already have retired... Granted it was *only* a first round win, but arguably one of the BEST matches for the whole of 2002 so far. I hope this serves as the only notice that you'll need that Monica lives her life and plays her tennis on one persons terms and timetable.... HER OWN!

Congrats Monica!!

:wavey:
THANK YOU for WRITING this GREAT post! :hearts: :hearts:

Nov 7th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Seles, You said we would miss her, and yes, we will miss seeing her play when she retires (which I hope is not soon), but I can't see her not being involved. Maybe she will get a job doing something for the WTA, or become a tournament director. I can't remember what tennis was like without Monica and I don't even want to think about what it would be like without her

what_about_me
Nov 7th, 2002, 08:56 AM
GO MONICA UR THE BEST!;)

Maajken
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:06 AM
Great win for Monica but i wont exactly miss her..

Sam L
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Of course we'll all miss her :sad:

sailntiger
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:24 PM
:bounce: :wavey: :wavey: I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED MONICA SELES AND HER TENNIS ABILITY. I ALWAYS ROOT FOR HER UNLESS SHE IS PLAYING JUSTINE :wavey: :wavey: :bounce:

Seles_Beckham
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:31 PM
We are all going to miss her but she is still playing so enjoy every match like the last one..
One of the best match of the year...

And about the Sanex Hero of the year the official award ceremony will take place on November 7, 2002 at the

Staples Center in Los Angeles during the Home Depot Championships

RAA
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Well, I never bash Monica and really admire her, but will have to admit that for the first half of that match last night I really didn't think she had a chance to beat Lindsday. so I'm glad to say she proved me wrong, although I like lindsay too so wasn't that happy to see her go out early either. DARN those seeding that pitted these two against each other so early!!
anyway, GREAT win for Monica. she's a fighter, no doubt about it.

Kart
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by per4ever
I will never miss Monica :confused:

they're not all fans you know :rolleyes:

Well that's no surprise :rolleyes:.

Anyway we'll all miss her - I think that everyone should enjoy seeing a legend like her while they can.

:hearts: Monica :hearts:.

RedRaider1
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:15 PM
While Monica played a really good match the other day. That doesn't mean I'll miss her at all when she retires.

Joseosu19
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:59 PM
I don't like her, but I respect her and yes I will miss her.