PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

Daniel
May 7th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Anastasia lost 3-6 2-6 to Jenny. I dont know what went wrong for her today , but well next wek she has another chance to get further.
Vamos Anastasia :D :D

TheBoiledEgg
May 7th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Nastya :( :mad:

that performance was just awful :( she didnt wanna be out there in those conditions :(

Daniel
May 7th, 2004, 12:56 PM
I knew it, but at least she should try to handle it with more patience. She was my fav to win the title in Berlin. A QF result is not bad at all, I hope she bounces back next week in Italy. Regarding Jenn, I am sure she won't win the title.

cool_olga
May 7th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Yeah her play was so bad..I don't know what happened with her. No faith no belivness, no winners. She like didn't care what will happens, wil lshe lose or will she win. She was just hitting this ball and making tons of errors. No match rhythm it seems. She needs more matches and time to build up her form.

Daniel
May 7th, 2004, 01:02 PM
I still wish her and Vera Z good luck in doubles!!!! :D :D :D :D

cool_olga
May 7th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Yeah, hope they will do great in doubles :)
http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/multi.php?pokaz=main/article.php?aid=18

cool_olga
May 7th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Oh, they has just won doubles :P really quick
Nastya hadn't got time to rest but very nice 6-2 6-4 :D

Daniel
May 7th, 2004, 02:33 PM
thanks, cool olga,
Bravo NAstya, a doubles title this week could be wonderful!!! :yeah:

goldenlox
May 7th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Nastya won one match in Berlin. And only won 5 games against Jennifer. If Nastya wants to do well on red clay, she is going to have to be patient and play steady.
If she doesn't, she'll be out early at Roland Garros again this year.
Nastya/Vera beat Black/Huber in the quarters 6-1, 6-0.
http://www.red2proserver.de/mcgo2003/fotoarchiv/fotogalerie/07052004/0705myskina_IMG_4969.JPG
Anastasia Myskina (RUS)

cool_olga
May 7th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Great win in doubles. Hope they can really make good result, title would be awesome for them, but mainly just have fun nastya & Vera :)

Nastya has to be patient GL but what if she even is when she is just making easy errors and it was not because of being not patient, she didn't rush and didn't want to just hit a winner no matter what. Hewr shots just weren't working properly, like they always work for her. She has just came back and i hope it's the case of time. Red clay is tough surface but Nastya can do well if she on;y get needed rhythm

goldenlox
May 7th, 2004, 08:16 PM
I didn't see the match. But I saw Nastya beat Capriati 6-2, 6-2 in Doha. And this is almost a total reversal.
A top 5 player shouldn't lose 6-3, 6-2. Nastya has to adjust to the conditions.

cool_olga
May 7th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Yeah, Doha win was great. but you have to remember that it was before injury and in Doha Nastya feels great and plays great, it's her tourny. And Capriati was in really poor form there, lost even in Dubai earlier. I don't say that win was not great beacuse Nastya probably played incredible and beautiful tenn ithere. But today it was different. Nastya was after injury and jennifer was in pretty good form and we can kinda say that Berlin is rather Jen's tourny, she was in semis 6 times.
I don't want to excuse Nastya, just saud it wasn't so much patience thing but generally easy mistakes.

goldenlox
May 7th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Nastya played two matches before Warsaw. When she lost 3-6, 3-6 in Fed Cup, then she's coming back from an injury. This is two weeks later.
This is a bad sign. It's possible Nastya is going to play like this all spring.
Capriati is not playing well. Sharapova just missed beating her yesterday.

cool_olga
May 7th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Yeah, that lost in Moscow wasn't good, thought it's accident...Well thi match was her second on clay, I hope she will be better in Rome. Capriati wasn't playing so great but she wanted to fight, opposite to nastya. You know, you could see in her that she really want this win and will be fighting for every point. Nastya was just playing so bad and didn't want to change anything, like didn't give all her in this match. She lacked the fightness, Jen had it. Hope she will have better motivation and form in Rome, really hope because Roland Garros close

goldenlox
May 7th, 2004, 09:34 PM
I think that has always been Nastya's problem on clay. Her thinking. Why give up today?
Nastya has to accept that red clay means long, difficult matches. It's a mental thing.
She doesn't fight on clay, she gives up.

goldenlox
May 8th, 2004, 02:57 PM
In Rome, Nastya is the #3 seed and has a bye -

Zvonareva [8] vs bye
Safina vs Santangelo [WC]
Bovina vs Pisnik
Barna vs Schnyder [11]

Schiavone [14] vs Pratt
Qualifer vs Raymond
Loit vs Likhovtseva
bye vs Myskina [3]

cool_olga
May 8th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Schiavone can be tough on clay. She beat Mauresmo week ago. That's so pity, Nastya maybe will have to play her two best Russian freinds Lena first and then Vera. A lot of Russians in this part, Safina, Bovina...
Well, Nastya has to be beter motivated for Rome matches and go deep in a draw on clay, she must get some confidence before Roland Garros
Good luck !!!

goldenlox
May 8th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Loit has been playing well on clay. Nastya can lose that match.

cool_olga
May 8th, 2004, 05:55 PM
I hope no. I mean come on, Nastya is top 5 player..Ranking doesn't play and Loit is toug opponent but I hope that Nastya will pass second round :eek: Loit is sometimes unexpectable, cab play suprisingly well bur she still isn't at the level Nastya is. If Ana only is well motivated she will win this match. Maybe she will play Lena, who knows

TheBoiledEgg
May 8th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Nastya has an awkward draw
but Roma courts should be fast but its been awful weather there with lots of rain so they are alot slower than normal which wont be good.

good luck Nastya :)

goldenlox
May 8th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Loit is having a great spring, she won two titles. Nastya has lost 3 of 5, and in the 3 losses, she has only won 13 games in 6 sets.

goldenlox
May 8th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Nastya/Vera lost in the semis 3-6, 6-3, 6-4. They were broken at least 3 times in the third set.

~|Naomi|~
May 9th, 2004, 04:09 AM
I agree with goldenlox Loit is going to be tough, she is a tricky player at the best of times and has taking sets off and pushed many top players and is playing well on clay with a couple of titles so is going to be confident and not fearful of Anastasia. Schiavone is going to be tough to if Anastasia plays her.

Also as TBE said it has been raining a lot in Rome and that is going to slow down the traditionally 'faster' Rome courts. They aren't going to be as fast as last year where Anastasia made the semis.

Anastasia can do well but will have to play very good to do so.

cool_olga
May 9th, 2004, 10:49 AM
There was raining almost everywhere this week, Warsaw, Berlin, Rome, that's not good courts will be so slow for Nastya. But wonder why on WTA profile they say that clay is her fev surface then :P
I'm starting to be afraid of Loit now..But I beliv in Nastya, maybe she will get some conclusions after Berlin and will be more motivated and ready for fight

cool_olga
May 9th, 2004, 11:38 AM
:eek: Nastya will play in Berlon in a moment!! Venus withdrew and she will play exhibition with Mauresmo...She was the best player that organizators could find. Probab;y she stayed after yesterday's doubles. So we will see Nastya once again :woohoo: playing with no pressure, that will be cool

Vass22
May 9th, 2004, 12:37 PM
:eek: Nastya will play in Berlon in a moment!! Venus withdrew and she will play exhibition with Mauresmo...She was the best player that organizators could find. Probab;y she stayed after yesterday's doubles. So we will see Nastya once again :woohoo: playing with no pressure, that will be cool
Momo is my most hated and liked opponent for Nastya. I want her to beat her. Even if it's just an exhibition.

cool_olga
May 9th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Well it ended while 6-5 for Nastya because of the rain. Pity because maybe she had a chance to win this set. i have to say that Nastya was playing really bad like in quarterfinal. Too many errors even if it was exhibition. I am worried about next tournies a bit. It was 5-2 for Amelie when Nastya took the advantage and somehow made the score 6-5. Mauresmo was maming many errors and Nastya less that time. Well, it wasn't so good match and tennis but i stillenjoyed it because Nastya was smiling a lot :) While she made score 5-5 she was almost laughing out there, was good to see her but hope for better play in Rome.
There will be no Henin, no Clijsters, no Serena, no Venus. Just Mayresmo so I wish Nastya will play well there so she can really make a good result

Vass22
May 9th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Rain? God himself does not want tennis in Berlin today.

cool_olga
May 9th, 2004, 01:46 PM
It's been raining whole week :mad: at least rain could have allowed to finish this nice exhibition...well because of that Nastya won 6-5 :tongue:

goldenlox
May 9th, 2004, 02:42 PM
I hope they paid Nastya for this waste of time against Mauresmo -

(3)Navratilova/Raymond BYE
Jidkova/Spears vs. Likhovtseva/Myskina

cool_olga
May 9th, 2004, 03:12 PM
With Lena this time? I thought that when all four are in tournament it is Likhovtseva/Kuznetsova and Myskina/Vera

They are mixing up, maybe that's better, but damn, Navratilova/Raymond in second..

Sure they paid her, there's no doubt, she saved their butt

cool_olga
May 9th, 2004, 05:08 PM
They aren't going to be as fast as last year where Anastasia made the semis.
By the way Naomi, Nastya made quarters not semis ;) Lost to Clijsters, then Strasbourg quarters just

goldenlox
May 9th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Loit has been playing better tennis than Nastya in their recent form. I don't think it will be an upset if Nastya losses her fourth match out of her last six.

goldenlox
May 10th, 2004, 12:30 AM
The Tennis Channel showed Nastya play Mauresmo in that exhibition. The only problem is that Nastya has a doubles match in Rome on Monday.

Jidkova/Spears vs. Likhovtseva/Myskina

~|Naomi|~
May 10th, 2004, 06:02 AM
By the way Naomi, Nastya made quarters not semis ;) Lost to Clijsters, then Strasbourg quarters just

quarters, semis:p I knew she lost to Kim though, I watched highlights of it. Anastasia won't be losing to Kim this year though:sad:

Daniel
May 10th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Vamos NAstya :D :D

cool_olga
May 10th, 2004, 01:03 PM
If she has doubles today I don't know why she stayed in Berlin for so long..Maybe she was going to go to Rome early in the Sunday morning but they asked her if she can play and she agreed. Well, it was kind from her because at least people had something to watch and maybe it won't be disaster if she went to Rome few hours later.

goldenlox
May 10th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Nastya rushed to Rome after that exhibition and won her doubles match 6-0, 5-7, 6-2.
She has tomorrow off.

cool_olga
May 11th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Nastya meets Lena L. in second round. You can read Rome preview on my site now
http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/multi.php?pokaz=main/article.php?aid=19

And I also added new video from Berlin, from exhibition match. Short but very nice, pretty Nastya's smile :)
http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/multi.php?pokaz=main/videos.htm

goldenlox
May 11th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Nastya plays Lena L., who had to play a long three setter today. Then Nastya/Vera play Navratilova/Raymond.

goldenlox
May 11th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Nastya will play Eastbourne -

Myskina has moved quietly through the rankings and now regularly competes for honours at the sharp end of tournaments.

She has already won seven titles in her career and was an Eastbourne finalist two years ago. At Wimbledon, her best performance came last year when she reached the fourth round.

"Eastbourne is really good preparation for Wimbledon and I love the city," Myskina said.

"When it is sunny it is unbelievably beautiful. I like the fish and chips and the ice cream. The people are really nice, they love tennis and I feel they really support me there."

goldenlox
May 11th, 2004, 09:44 PM
http://www.polfoto.dk/Polfoto/Photo/Live/watermarking/AP175692.jpgQATAR TENNISPolfoto 06-03-2004 Anastasia Myskina of Russia holds the Qatar Open tennis trophy after she defeated Svetlana Kuznetsova in the final 4-6, 6-4, 6-4 in Doha, Qatar on Saturday March 6 2004. (AP PHOTO/STR)

Gowza
May 12th, 2004, 01:23 AM
c'mon nastya!

~|Naomi|~
May 12th, 2004, 05:37 AM
I really expected Anastasia to have to play Loit, I much prefer Anastasia vs Likhovtseva:)

Daniel
May 12th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Good luck Anastasia!!!! :worship: :worship:

cool_olga
May 12th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Nastya lost to Elena :eek: :sad:
5-7 6-1 3-6
Clay really isn't Nastya's best...I was quite sure she will win this, so pity.
If it will continue like that I'm afraid after Roland Garros she will lose her top 5 position, but also good performance there can change everything.
Go Nastya, don't give up!

goldenlox
May 12th, 2004, 05:14 PM
I'm not surprised that Nastya lost. Now she's lost 4 out of 6. I think everyone wants to be in Nastya's section in Paris.

cool_olga
May 12th, 2004, 05:17 PM
I wish she found her form in Paris...I really wonder why WTA site says her best surface is clay :confused:

goldenlox
May 12th, 2004, 05:19 PM
I think she's just playing poorly. Capriati got 2 games from Mauresmo. But Capriati buried Nastya.

cool_olga
May 12th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Yeah but Capriati's attitude for thi match and Mauresmo match was completely different. With Nastya she was fighting for every ball and she knew she can win this and was confident. Against mauresmo at the beginning she was playing great. But when Amelie got break I think she just gave up this match because wa already satisfied with what she did and saw Momo is in great shape. She hould have go out in a match with Masha, she gained much confidence and saw that she is better. so I think you can't compare these two matches like that.
But one fact is clear, as you said, Nastya is playing poorly. I'm not happy saying this...

goldenlox
May 12th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Nastya came back for Fed Cup, then Berlin and Rome. She is not playing well. I see no reason to think she will win matches in Paris. She may not win matches on grass.
Unless she plays much better tennis.

cool_olga
May 12th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Grass is still long way away. I hope Nastya can win at leat one or two matches in Paris. Last year she wasn't doing that well on clay as well and then Wimbledon was okay.

goldenlox
May 12th, 2004, 05:48 PM
I think Nastya is the top 8 seed that everyone wants to play. Lena L. played three long sets yesterday, and Nastya couldn't finish her off today.

cool_olga
May 12th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Last year she wasn't that high seed and still she lost in second round to Mandula. I wonder why she doesn't play well on clay. She has everything that would be needed on this surface, great speed. She's in a whole now

goldenlox
May 12th, 2004, 06:12 PM
This was Nastya's worst loss of 2004. But her results were so poor coming into Rome, I almost expected this.
I don't expect much in Paris.

~|Naomi|~
May 13th, 2004, 02:37 AM
Last year she wasn't that high seed and still she lost in second round to Mandula. I wonder why she doesn't play well on clay. She has everything that would be needed on this surface, great speed. She's in a whole now
Mandula is a very good clay court player, I player Nastya should beat but still it isn't like she lost to someone bad there. Mandula has been QF in Paris.

Despite playing poorly coming in I expected Nastya to beat Likhovtseva and then lose to Schiavone. I'm with Goldenlox I don't expect much in Paris, and am hoping for a good draw. I just hope Nastya doesn't lose too much confidence on the clay and doesn't go into the grass season short of confidence.

goldenlox
May 13th, 2004, 02:40 AM
Nastya is going through a tough period now. Eventually she will play well again. I think she can use this next week off.

Daniel
May 13th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Pfff Nastya :sad:

cool_olga
May 13th, 2004, 02:16 PM
So Nastya has a wewk now to train and maybe try to change something to play as good as she is able to play at the moment.

goldenlox
May 13th, 2004, 02:38 PM
In Berlin Nastya lost to Capriati, who then lost 6-2, 6-0. In Rome Nastya lost to Lena L., who then lost to Schiavone 6-1, 6-3.
Nastya is not even playing top 50 tennis now. There are very few players she can beat right now.

goldenlox
May 14th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Nastya/Lena L. beat Navratilova/Raymond 7-6(4), 6-7(6), 6-3. They play Li/Sun tomorrow.

cool_olga
May 14th, 2004, 05:59 PM
You can read very nice report about Nastya in Berlin wrote bt Yee Wah who was in Berlin. It's really nice :)
http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/multi.php?pokaz=main/article.php?aid=20

goldenlox
May 14th, 2004, 06:08 PM
I don't understand why Nastya stayed in Berlin after losing in singles and doubles.
So she plays a meaningless exhibition instead of going to Rome, to prepare for a Tier I.
And she loses her first match in Rome.

Jane
May 15th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Nastya is returning from injury and playing on her worst surface. I think she will be fine once grass season starts. I am not expecting much from her at RG: I think the 2nd round is her best result there. I would not be surprised if she was well compensated for the Berlin exhibition.

goldenlox
May 15th, 2004, 01:45 PM
The Berlin exhibition would be fine, if Nastya wasn't playing a Tier I in Rome the next week.
Imagine if Vera loses in Vienna, but she stays and plays an exhibition on Sunday. And then loses her first match in Paris.
You have to treat the tournament as more important than the exhibition.

cool_olga
May 15th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Yeas but it just shows that Nastya is really nice person and doesn't just care about results and money but also tennis fans. If she refused to play this exhibition, Berlin crowd would have nothing to watch this day, best day of finals. I admire Nastya for that, she cares about other things. And would that few hours made such a big difference?
I guess she wanted to go to Rome Monday morning, she went in the afternoon, it's not so big difference.

goldenlox
May 15th, 2004, 03:19 PM
I don't know what it shows about Nastya. I know she lost to Lena L. in Rome.
And Nastya withdrew from Warsaw before Key Biscayne. 5 weeks before the tournament. And she played Fed Cup before Warsaw.
I don't understand why Nastya doesn't treat red clay tournaments as being meaningful.
Maybe Nastya should just skip all the clay tournaments in 2005. She's only won one match since Indian Wells this year.

cool_olga
May 15th, 2004, 07:52 PM
No, I mean, I want Nastya do well, I really do. But it's not just her results she has the reason I like her so much. I don't know if it was good or bad to stay few more hours in Berlin but I think that her loss in Rome is not so much connected with the fact she flew there few hours later. It's something else I think.
I don't really know what's that. Why she plays so bad on clay, why she withdrew from Warsaw. But even on carpet she shouldn't have lost to Molik. But in the past she had some good results on clay. I have no idea why is it like that now :sad: Just hope she will play like she can on grass

goldenlox
May 15th, 2004, 08:04 PM
I don't understand it either. Nastya has fought so hard in the past. That's what clay is all about. Hanging in there. Playing consistent baseline tennis.
Nastya makes it seem like these clay tournaments are not important to her.

Daniel
May 16th, 2004, 07:42 AM
I am worried too :sad: This was her first loss before QF in all year, she lost to Elena L who is a good playwr but Nastya should have won it without problems. I am concerned aobut her chamnces @ RG. I want her to reach the WF at least. I pray she has an easy draw !!1
Vamos Anastasia!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

cool_olga
May 16th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Yeah that's strange, you don't see her normal fight. She needs two easy opponets in 1 and 2 round, if she can win these matches and maybe earn some confidence maybe we have a chance to see real Myskina on clay

goldenlox
May 16th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Nastya played so consistently well from Leipzig through Indian Wells. Now she is having a down period.
Nastya will start to play well again.

cool_olga
May 17th, 2004, 05:55 AM
I hope it's just for some time. That's fact..You can't play incredible tennis for so long, for a year. Now Nastya has bad times so I hope sonn she will come back to her normal game

Daniel
May 17th, 2004, 09:31 AM
I hope she gets an easy draw and she has a wonderful performance @ RG
Go Nastya!!! :worship:

goldenlox
May 19th, 2004, 02:11 AM
Nastya has one win on clay in 2004, Kostanic. I don't know if she will play well at RG.
But this ends the clay season, so maybe we'll see the Nastya we saw in Doha as the year goes on.

Daniel
May 19th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Yes, her recod on clay so far: 1-2, she lost to Capriati and Lena L. She is the only one of the top 5 Russians with the worst record in 2004.
Hopefully @ RG she will be on fire :D :D

cool_olga
May 19th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Nastya should have get some more wins. I don't say she definitely should have won with Capriati because we all saw how Jen plays right now. But in Rome she suprised in bad way, there she had big chance to make semis and she lost in 1r.
She says she hates RG, well let's hope that despite the fact, she will do her best and get some wins.

goldenlox
May 20th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Nastya will be the #6 seed in Paris, even though she has never reached the third round there. And Nastya has only won 1 clay court match in 2004.
So it's important for Nastya to try her best, and not just let her section of the draw become the weakest, like in Rome.

Vass22
May 20th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Nastya, please practice well. It realy sucks that she didn't play on clay this season.

cool_olga
May 21st, 2004, 12:21 PM
She has Molik in forst round :eek: That's terrible, why even if she plays badly she must even get so difficult first opponent? :sad: I just hope she used this week proparly and will show something more, at least 80% what she can

~|Naomi|~
May 21st, 2004, 01:04 PM
It is a terrible draw, Molik is one of the few unseeded opponents seeds wouldn't want to draw, and then think of Fed Cup and Molik pushing Kuznetsova to 3 in Rome and her good run this week in Vienna and Nastya:sad:

Anastasia can win this match, she has to believe she can do it and not go in with the red clay mentality she seemed to have so far this year. If she really puts her heart into it, she can win it. Serving is going to be a big key for the match.

goldenlox
May 21st, 2004, 01:47 PM
I'm glad Nastya has a tough first round match. At least the winner will be playing well.
It forces Nastya to focus, or go home.

- L i n a -
May 21st, 2004, 03:21 PM
Molik is literally the worst match Nastya could ask for...

Sorry, but I don't think Nastya is getting past the 1st round here. :crying2:

cool_olga
May 21st, 2004, 04:27 PM
I still belive in her. This first match can be the key. If Nastya loses she wil lgo home but if she wins then she will get much confidence and maybe it will be easier for her to play better in next rounds. She has to really focus on this match, try to prepare mentally as good as she can and just go out there and do her best with heart to win.

ys
May 21st, 2004, 04:41 PM
Molik is literally the worst match Nastya could ask for...
I think she would prefer Molik to Mandula any day. Mandula is not too far away in the draw though.

goldenlox
May 21st, 2004, 04:43 PM
There are plenty of tough unseeded players, besides Molik. Nastya has to improve to beat any of them.

cool_olga
May 21st, 2004, 07:40 PM
Molik is in Final of Vienne now :rolleyes:

goldenlox
May 21st, 2004, 07:44 PM
Molik beat Nastya in Moscow. Nastya knows how well she will have play to win. If she can't do it, her clay season is over with one win in three tournaments.

- L i n a -
May 21st, 2004, 08:34 PM
I think she would prefer Molik to Mandula any day. Mandula is not too far away in the draw though.
Mandula is seeded, silly pants.

Daniel
May 22nd, 2004, 08:10 AM
Molik beat Nastya in Moscow. Nastya knows how well she will have play to win. If she can't do it, her clay season is over with one win in three tournaments.
I just saw the draw, and as much as it hurts me, i have to say I dont see Nastya pasing the first round :sad: Molik knows how to play Nastya and coming fomr a final in Vienna will maker her more confident. Hope Nastya prives me wrong.
Good luck Anastasia!!! :D

cool_olga
May 23rd, 2004, 05:44 PM
French Open preview now on site

http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/multi.php?pokaz=main/article.php?aid=21

goldenlox
May 23rd, 2004, 10:41 PM
I'm going to take an optimistic view. It's a major, it's important, and I expect Nastya to try hard, and play well.
If Nastya can win this first match, she can win a few more.

cool_olga
May 24th, 2004, 05:39 AM
Yeah, what would be great for her confidence is to meet Mandula in third round and beat her. She would stop losing to her streak and gained much confidence. Who knows what would be later.

Daniel
May 24th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Vamos Nastya :D :D

Daniel
May 25th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Goos luck Nastya :worship: :yeah:

~|Naomi|~
May 25th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Come On Nastya:bounce:

goldenlox
May 25th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Nastya was down 0-2, now serving 4-4.

- L i n a -
May 25th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Come on, Nastya!

If you can just win this match, and get some good feelings in ya... maybe you can go far. :)

goldenlox
May 25th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Molik wins set one 6-4.

TheBoiledEgg
May 25th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Nastya had 0-40 to lead 5-3 but ended up losing her next serve

Nastya, just turn it around, u can do it

- L i n a -
May 25th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Nastya's gonna lose 1st round here again... :crying2:

goldenlox
May 25th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Nastya serving 5-3. She's fighting in this match.

bubble
May 25th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Come on Nastya , stilla chance to fight back...
It would be very embarassing for the highest ranked russian to be kicked out in the 1st round while all others remain...

TheBoiledEgg
May 25th, 2004, 05:02 PM
she won 2nd set :D :)
Nastya...... still alot of work to do

cool_olga
May 25th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Uff, good that she didn't give it up. Nastya plays a lot of three setters at Grand Slams. Last year at USO I remember that she was giving many thrillers and won all. Hope she will win now too. Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!

goldenlox
May 25th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Nastya up a break, 3-2.

goldenlox
May 25th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Molik serving 3-5, one game more.

TheBoiledEgg
May 25th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Nastya served it out :D :) 6-4 in 3rd :)

went down 15-40 but won last 4 pts :D

goldenlox
May 25th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Nastya did it, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4. Strycova next. Nastya beat her in Hopman Cup. It should be another tough match.
Doubles tomorrow -

.Women's Doubles - 1st Rnd. Anastasia Myskina (RUS)[11] /Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[11]
v. Pauline Parmentier (FRA)/Aurelie Vedy (FRA)

cool_olga
May 25th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Congrats Nastya :yeah: This match was great for her, she got so much needed win and it should be easier now. :)

Mathijs
May 25th, 2004, 05:50 PM
well done Nastya, Strycova is going to be hard, but i think i see chances for Nastya here anyway Good luck against Strycova Nastya :bowdown: :bounce:

AKTW
May 25th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Congrats Nastya! :D
Now is the time to change the record at RG!

goldenlox
May 25th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Now Nastya has to build on this win.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hungary/nastya01.JPG

- L i n a -
May 25th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Great win for Nastya. Now, please be confident. And please close your mouth for photos, at least.

~|Naomi|~
May 26th, 2004, 03:51 AM
Well done Anastasia, I saw a bit of the match and I think she still has to play better she was helped by so may UE by Molik:eek: And then Molik disputed Natya's ace on match point:o But it was given to Nastya:D
I think Strycova will be tougher she beat Callens in two easy sets and she isn't going to give Anastasia as many UE as Molik did, also Myskina struggled with her at hopman so Strycova is going to go in confident.

Good Luck Nastya:bounce:

Daniel
May 26th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Good luck Anastasia!!! :worship: , strycova wont be as tough as molik, she nneds to get some confidence and momentum since the start of the match. Anyways, I am so happy she beat Molik, that shows her determination!!! :clap2:
Mucha suerte Anastasia!!!!!! :bounce:

cool_olga
May 26th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Nastya has big chance now to get to the third round finaly. I think that Strycova should be easier than Molik but if Nastya wasn't playing good as Naomi said who knows what will happen. Nastya has day of (from singles), she gained some confidence after tough three setter won and I hope she will win. Would be cool if our tv showed her too but they shows almost just the men :mad:

goldenlox
May 26th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Nastya/Vera won 6-1, 6-2 against Pauline Parmentier (FRA)/Aurelie Vedy (FRA).
Nastya knows that Strycova will delay the match, and she hits hard. And she volleys well.
Nastya can win this.

cool_olga
May 26th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Great win against french couple. Nastya and Vera will be strong, if nastya doen't lose her hope in Paris. She will win with Strycova

goldenlox
May 26th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Nastya is playing mixed -

Anastasia Myskina RUS
Hicham Arazi MAR
vs.
Sandrine Testud FRA
Pavel Vizner CZE

cool_olga
May 26th, 2004, 09:14 PM
WOW !!! That suprised me. With Hicham, that's a good choice, this guy is so talented Nastya will enjoy playing with him and can also lern something. Hicham knows more tennis tricks than anyone else :p

goldenlox
May 27th, 2004, 01:13 AM
Glad to see Nastya in all 3 draws. I hope she does well in all 3.

Almalyk
May 27th, 2004, 05:26 AM
I was very pleased to see that Nastya made very few unforced errors in her first round match against Molik. I think she has a good chance to defeat Stycova tonight. She just needs to play consistent, and use her good return on Strycova's second serve.

Am pleased to see she is playing doubles and mixed doubles too!

Daniel
May 27th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Good luck Anastasia!!! :) :)

Epigone
May 27th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Nastya just bagelled Barbora Strycova in the 1st set :eek:. I certainly didn't expect that. Nastya has 4 winners and 3 UEs, while Barbora has 3 winners and 21 UEs.

cool_olga
May 27th, 2004, 02:33 PM
6-0 1-0 OMG :eek:
Oh, now Strycova won one game 1-1. I didn't expect that! But with 21 UE's from Strycova the score can't look different...But Nastya isn't makiing UE's that's good! :)

Almalyk
May 27th, 2004, 02:57 PM
6-0 5-4 nastya but she is having amedical time out for her neck!! hope that she is going to be ok! seems to be quite sore!!!

~|Naomi|~
May 27th, 2004, 02:58 PM
I don't really think there is much wrong with her:o I think it was tactical as Strycova is now sserving to stay in

goldenlox
May 27th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Nastya wins 6-0, 6-4. Next is Chladkova, another winnable match.
Possible Doha rematch coming.

Epigone
May 27th, 2004, 03:01 PM
I must say, I'm very impressed with this result :yeah:

I expected Barbora to put up a very tough challenge, but she hit way too many UEs.

~|Naomi|~
May 27th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Nastya looked fine to me:p

Her draw has really opened up, next is chladkova:) and then hopefully Casanova (Ireally hope she can get another bit win over Kuznetsova)

Almalyk
May 27th, 2004, 03:04 PM
I only got to the TV to watch the last game when Strycova was serving - Nastya won at love.

0-15 - excellent forehand winner
0-30 Forced error
0-40 Nastya outplays Strycova at the net with a winner
DF

She didn't look to elated when it was over though! No smile, so I hope she's OK!

I'm stoaked that she is playing Chladkova not Mandula as well!

Go Nastya

cool_olga
May 27th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Wohooo :woohoo: forst 3rd round for Nastya.
eurosport showed last game of this match, Nastya was getiing medical treatment before it :rolleyes: she has arm massaged, but I think it is nothing serious she was doing funny faces and smiling so I guess ok ;) and ten she showed great tennis.
CONGRATZ!!!

AKTW
May 27th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Congrats Nastya! :D
It could be first QF here for her. But first, good luck against Chladkova!
You can do it Nastya!

goldenlox
May 27th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Nastya was at Maria K.'s match. That's good, it means she didn't need a lot of treatment after her match today.

cool_olga
May 27th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Yeah that's good. I think it is not really serious, maybe she felt some pain so she called trainer but then she was playing very well. I think Chladkova is easier opponent than Molik for example. And I see that Nastya's game now is going better and better, I saw just one last game and some balls from the match but it looked like her strokes are more confident now and what she is doing now looks like her normal game from whole the season

goldenlox
May 27th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Nastya has to get through this and be healthy. Sveta will be tough in the round of 16.
But Nastya has at least won some matches on clay this year. I was very concerned a few days ago.

Daniel
May 28th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Vamos!!!! :) :) :worship: :worship: :yeah:

~|Naomi|~
May 28th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Both Nastya and KUznetsova have to get there first. I am confident Nastya will as it seems the opponents are getting easier as the tournament goes on:o but after Petrova's surprise loss today I'm not sure of anything in this tournament except the bottom half has far more depth than the top. I wouldn't rule Casanova out of beating Kuznetsova, Casanova hits the ball incredibly hard if she is on she will make things very tough for Kuznetsova.

I wish a grand slam draw would open up for Nastya like it has for Maria in the top quarter and did for Schnyder and Zuluaga at AO this year. IF Maria makes the semis she won't have had to beat a top 10 player, I just wish Natya would get a good draw like that, each time (apart from the last few FO's) she has gone down to a top player, and every QF she has played has been against a higher seed:mad: Why doesn't Nastya get so lucky with the draws:mad:

goldenlox
May 28th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Nastya/Vera beat Grande/Tanasugarn 6-2, 6-0, they're into the third round. Chladkova tomorrow.

cool_olga
May 28th, 2004, 08:55 PM
I wish a grand slam draw would open up for Nastya like it has for Maria in the top quarter and did for Schnyder and Zuluaga at AO this year. IF Maria makes the semis she won't have had to beat a top 10 player, I just wish Natya would get a good draw like that, each time (apart from the last few FO's) she has gone down to a top player, and every QF she has played has been against a higher seed:mad: Why doesn't Nastya get so lucky with the draws:mad:

Yeah exactly :mad: That is not fair at all. Every Grand Slam where are some suprised and big upsets are not in Nastya's quarter...In AO Nastya would beat both zuluaga and Shnyder for sure and here again in the bottom part there are both Williams and Capriati even Sveta and in top just Amelie and Lindsay, Nastya has bad luck really :sad:

goldenlox
May 28th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Let's get past Chladkova before we worry about the bad draw.

Daniel
May 29th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Good luck!!! :worship: :worship:

~|Naomi|~
May 29th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Nasta won the 1st set 6-3:)

But the stats are scary. Winners to UE ratio is 10-22 and she has 9 double faults. This sort of play might be good enough to win the match, but she will have to pick it up.

Daniel
May 29th, 2004, 09:55 AM
I know i saw the stats and man, she is full of ue, abut the winner are ok, just win it nastya please :kiss: :worship:

~|Naomi|~
May 29th, 2004, 10:39 AM
well Anastacia won 6-3 7-6, but not impressively. Chladkova had set point but then made 2 UE and a double fault to let Nastya back in, hopefully she just had a bad day but she will definately have to pick it up.

Kim was watching Nastya btw

Epigone
May 29th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Nastya defeated Chladkova 6-3 7-6(3) :woohoo:

It's good to see that she wasn't stretched to three sets. I want her full of energy to play some great doubles with Vera :)

goldenlox
May 29th, 2004, 10:47 AM
6-3, 7-6(3), good job, Nastya!! Her best French Open ever.

TheBoiledEgg
May 29th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Nastya :D :)

well done :)

week 2 of RG for 1st time :)

good luck next rd :)

AKTW
May 29th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Congrats Nastya!
Is Nastya's neck okay?

Dava
May 29th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Well done Nastya on to the next round :bounce:

cool_olga
May 29th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Congratz !!! :) Wwll done, everybody has bad day, the important is that she menaged to win and advanced. This is Nastya's best Roland Garros and she is not without chances with Sveta/Casanova

bubble
May 29th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Glad for nastya to cement her best ever French Open appearance.
It's a pity that it's going to be another russian match-up. Would like both Sveta and Nastya to go even deeper.

bubble
May 29th, 2004, 03:02 PM
:o Day 6 - Anastasia Myskina interview
Saturday, May 29, 2004

Q. Were you happy with your level of play? >

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Not really. I think I didn't play my best, for sure. And, I mean, I'm happy that I won and I passed a round. I mean, I'd prefer not lose today.

But I hope next match is gonna be better because if I will play the same level that I played today, I'm not gonna win.

~|Naomi|~
May 30th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Massive interview there hey:p

SO Anastasia has Kuznetsova, I think if Nastya plays her best she should win in 2 sets. I beleive at the moment she is superior to Kuznetsova but it will be very tough, but she knows she has to play better and that is what matters.

cool_olga
May 30th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Good luck! I belive Nastya has a chance. Sveta was struggling against Casanova. Maybe she is bit tired. Nastya has to play her best definitely and not make many UE's

cool_olga
May 30th, 2004, 03:18 PM
1-6 :confused:
Nastya wake up in second!!!

goldenlox
May 30th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Not really surprising. Nastya did great to get this far. Her clay court form has been way below Sveta this spring.

- L i n a -
May 30th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Nastya... at least make this competitive. :p

goldenlox
May 30th, 2004, 03:32 PM
1-6, 1-3.

goldenlox
May 30th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Nastya is fighting back against Sveta, 1-6, 4-4. She has to hold here.

- L i n a -
May 30th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Fight Nastya. :)

goldenlox
May 30th, 2004, 03:52 PM
1-6, 6-4, a great comeback to win 5 of 6 games.

Epigone
May 30th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Nastya, please take the 3rd :)

- L i n a -
May 30th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Great stuff, Nastya. :)

goldenlox
May 30th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Now it's like Doha, 1-6, 6-4, 3-3.

cool_olga
May 30th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Nastya had two match point 5-4, damn she lost both :(

Epigone
May 30th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Nastya, please don't choke :sad:

goldenlox
May 30th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Now Sveta serving 6-5, what a quick change of fortune.

cool_olga
May 30th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Yeah, Nastya lost two match points and Sveta hold...Nastya lost her serve game then. When you don't take chances when you have them then you lose.

Epigone
May 30th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Nastya breaks back! :bigclap:

cool_olga
May 30th, 2004, 04:38 PM
MP saved by Nastya and 6-6 !!!!! :) Great fight girls, go Nastya !!!!!!!!!

cool_olga
May 30th, 2004, 04:43 PM
7-6 Nastya :) What a match and tv shows crappy Venus

Epigone
May 30th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Finally, Nastya wins 1-6 6-4 8-6 :bigclap:

After Vera and Lena B lost, I couldn't handle another of my favourites choking :o

cool_olga
May 30th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Game set match Nastya !!!! 8-6 !!! She los MP again but took fourth one!!. Wow, I'm impressed, Nastya is in QF of Roland garros, who would think before it started? ;) :woohoo:

TheBoiledEgg
May 30th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Nastya :D :) well done :)
great fightback ;)

goldenlox
May 30th, 2004, 04:58 PM
That was some comeback from 1-6, 1-3. After Rome, and seeing Molik in round 1, I didn't expect Nastya to reach the quarterfinals.
Nastya is a fighter. She will represent Russia well in the Olympics.

AKTW
May 30th, 2004, 05:06 PM
I feel sorry for Sveta.
But Nastya finally has a good run at RG. And great comeback too.
Congrats Nastya and good luck in QF!

goldenlox
May 30th, 2004, 08:26 PM
You feel sorry for Sveta? Nastya has to beat Venus and Serena, just to make the final.
What kind of draw is that? Give me Weingartner and Suarez.

cool_olga
May 30th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Yeah this is not good Nastya is unlucky with the draw, Masha has to beat Suarez to make semis and Nastya Venus :eek:
But QF is really good result and nobody expected that, even Nastya herself. You can see in her now she isvery pleased and suprised. Now I think she is more confident and has nothing to lose against Venus, she has already made more that she 'should' so we will see :)

goldenlox
May 30th, 2004, 09:42 PM
This tournament is a great success for Nastya. It means she's back in form as the Russian #1.
Now she has to keep this level of play, and try to stay in the top 5.

the cat
May 31st, 2004, 12:24 AM
That was a great comeback win for Anastasia over Svetlana Kuznetsova! :D I juast hope she has enough energy left to challenge Venus Williams in the quarterfinals.
Udachi Ana! :bounce:

goldenlox
May 31st, 2004, 02:20 AM
Nastya/Vera play doubles tomorrow against Janette Husarova and Conchita Martinez.

goldenlox
May 31st, 2004, 03:20 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040530/capt.rog17605301834.france_tennis_french_open_rog1 76.jpg Sun May 30, 2:36 PM EThttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/nws/p/ap120.gif (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/ap/brand/SIG=br2v03/*http://www.ap.org)
Anastasia Myskina, of Russia, right, hugs compatriot Svetlana Kuznetsova after their fourth round match of the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris, Sunday May 30, 2004. Myskina won, 1-6, 6-4, 8-6.

goldenlox
May 31st, 2004, 03:56 AM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040530/i/r3705425893.jpg Sun May 30, 1:47 PM EThttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/nws/p/reuters120.gif (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/reuters/brand/SIG=pd7i95/*http://www.reuters.com)
Anastasia Myskina of Russia serves during her match against her compatriot Svetlana Kuznetsova in the French Open tennis tournament at Roland Garros stadium in Paris, May 30, 2004. Myskina defeated Kuznetsova 6-1 4-6 8-6. REUTERS/Jack Dabaghian

tenn_ace
May 31st, 2004, 03:34 PM
Nastya will be very tired tomorrow. I wish she just withdrew from doubles :(

goldenlox
May 31st, 2004, 03:53 PM
If Nastya wasn't playing doubles, she would be having a practice. Wouldn't she?

AKTW
May 31st, 2004, 04:22 PM
I am afraid that Nastya would be exhausted tomorrow.
But good luck Nastya!

tenn_ace
May 31st, 2004, 04:53 PM
If Nastya wasn't playing doubles, she would be having a practice. Wouldn't she?
not a 2.5-hour practice at night with less than 24 hours before the match. that's for sure.

goldenlox
May 31st, 2004, 04:57 PM
Nastya has played very little this spring. Nothing from IW until Fed Cup. Then a week off. Then 2 matches in Berlin, One match in Rome, and another week off.
I think she needed a few long matches.

goldenlox
May 31st, 2004, 05:11 PM
Nastya/Vera lost 2-6, 6-4, 2-6. Now get ready for a very tough match.
You don't play in the quarterfinals of a major every day. Give it your best shot.

cool_olga
May 31st, 2004, 08:53 PM
Maybe that doubles will help, who knows she hasn't been playing much on clay, it can of course also make her to tired but she's young and it's middle of the season, she's ready for these kind of situation.
Nastya will have less pressure tomorrow, Udachi!

goldenlox
May 31st, 2004, 10:08 PM
Nastya had only won one match on clay until Paris. Venus is undefeated on clay this year.
If Nastya wins this it will an amazing turn of events in the past week.
I had no confidence in Nastya getting past the first round. Now I just am glad I get to see Nastya on tv.
I hope she fights and fights.

Daniel
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:46 AM
Hey guys :wavey:
I am so happy for Nastya, no many people were sure she was going to reach QF, i dont care the result now, but a vicotry over Venus would boost Nastya's confidence so high. I know she will do her best and that is enough for me!! :kiss:
Vamos Anastasia!!!! :worship:

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:00 AM
I've never seen Nastya play Venus. I felt that Nastya should have won the second set against Kim in Melbourne.
And I thought she could have beaten Justine at the YEC.
This match will tell us how far away Nastya is from the top. I hope she's very close to it.

cool_olga
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:18 PM
Yep she can be happy for what she has already made here and possible victory over, I would say, best clay court player this season would be really something great for her.
What she said after match with Sveta :lol: 'The people were maybe kinda bored so we thought maybe we should fight(laughing). But no, seriously it was a hard game for me because when you play against Russian it's always hard and I was thinking that I really want to win this match maybe that's why the final was my fight'. :)

Vass22
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:34 PM
Nastya please surprize the hell out of me!

Epigone
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:31 PM
Nastya got off to a *4-0 lead, but the score is now *4-2. I really want Nastya to win this match.

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:34 PM
It's on ESPN. 5-2.

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:41 PM
Nastya is playing very smart. She's taking the pace off, and keeping the ball in play. Venus is overhitting.
6-3.

Daniel
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:52 PM
Vamos Anastasia :worship:

Epigone
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:01 PM
This is a critical period for Nastya at 2-2*. She missed a break point opportunity, then faced a BP on her serve after leading 40-0, but held. Focus!

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:04 PM
Venus is playing better now, steady clay court tennis. Nastya serves 6-3, 2-3.

Epigone
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:11 PM
Nastya has gained the critical break *4-3 :bigclap:

Daniel
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:12 PM
Vamos Anastasia, pleased win it :D :worship:

Daniel
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:13 PM
Anastasia up 5-3 vamos girl, :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Epigone
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:23 PM
Nastya wins 6-3 6-4 :woohoo:

She saved three break points in her final service game at *5-4 :worship:

Daniel
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:25 PM
Myskina wins :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
she is in the semis :worship: :worship:

Daniel
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:27 PM
omfg!!! u guys have no idea how happy i am for her, the last game was so tough , but she came through.. Now she is in the semis and i wish her the best, she deserves it :worship: Vamos Anaastasia :worship: :worship: :worship:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:27 PM
omg that was awesome ;) :D

Nastya :D :banana: :)
congrats and #4 as well :D :)

good luck in semis :)

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:31 PM
That last game was about as exciting a sports moment as I have ever seen.

I couldn't understand why Nastya did not play her steady, cover-the-court, style of play on clay.
I looked at her results, and I couldn't understand it.
I finally got to see Nastya play on clay today. She played perfect red clay tennis.
Nastya can win this tournament.

AKTW
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:32 PM
Congrats Nastya! I'm so happy for you :woohoo:
Great victory! Don't stop!! :bounce:

cool_olga
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:37 PM
Nastya !!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:
Wow, what a win !!!! :worship:
First semifinal here in Paris who would expect that!!! Nastya is the queen!!!
Weather conditions for sure helped her, heavy balls, wet court made the game slower what didn't suit Venus. Williams was making many errors and Nastya was playing very smartly, she wasn't going for extremely risky winners but tried to keep the ball in. It was Nastya that we walways like to see, focused and regular. She didn't make many unforced errors and it paid of.

Nastya so happy for u !!! Congratz!! :bounce: :D :worship: :hearts:

vaiva
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:38 PM
Absolutely Astonishingly Amazing Anastiasia :worship:

Daniel
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:40 PM
Next match is against Jen, Nastya won at the beginning of the year in Doha, but then lost to her in Berlin. I know it will be tough, but Myskina has to play her perfect red clay tennis :worship: :worship: :worship:
Good luck.
Vamos Anastasia :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Warrior
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:45 PM
Yeah, Anastasia beat Aphrodite:devil:

cool_olga
Jen was bit injured I guess. Nasty plays great now, she is so consistent and regular. She returns everything. You can't finish her taht easy, her speed now works perfectly. This is clay court tennis. Nastya doesn't play so fast like on hard courts but wants to keep the ball in, taht is really good way. She has a chance with everybody now

the cat
Congrats to Anastasia on upsetting Venus Willaims and advancing to her first ever grand slam semifinal! :D :kiss: :bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 1st, 2004, 03:07 PM
and to think she was dreading playing here cos of her awful record
she just managed to get by Molik in rd1 :)

Semis :) she's got a shot
Nastya :) dont be nervous :) u got nothing to lose

pressure all on Jen

Daniel
Jun 1st, 2004, 03:13 PM
Vamos Anastasia :clap2:

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2004, 03:14 PM
If Nastya didn't get nervous in that final game, then I'm confident she will fight in the semis. And she fought back against Sveta.
Nastya fights. I said that last fall. Nastya is right there with the top players. Now she's #4.

tenn_ace
Jun 1st, 2004, 03:33 PM
well done Nastya! :kiss:

bubble
Jun 1st, 2004, 03:42 PM
I'm so happy for Nastya, am impatient now waiting for the rain delay to stop to see if Elena can join her in the semi!

That will be fantastic!

:bounce:

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2004, 03:46 PM
First slam semi -
http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2004-06-01T152952Z_01_ROL40D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS.jpg

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2004, 03:51 PM
This is the biggest money match Nastya has ever played. She's 2 wins from a $ 1,000,000 check.

cool_olga
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:00 PM
It's not just about money, I think for player to win a Grand Slam is something incredible, then you know that you're a champion. They have a lot of money, of course it's great for her to have $100,000 but I think when she's out there on the court it's not about money at all, it's about a victory and you tennis satisfaction. Nastya thinks like that, she wants to fight and she has a good chance, she caused one big upset she can do another, Capriati shoul be afraid of her and Nastya has nothing to lose.

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:06 PM
Of course, you want to win a major. But add another zero to your number.

JLDementieva
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:28 PM
omg! I'm sooooooooo thrilled for Nastya! I'm so pissed I don't have coverage, but oh wow oh wow, this is so exciting! Go Nastya!

ys
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:50 PM
Just to remind about one Nastya's interview from half of year ago.. Just look at the title :eek:

http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?82309

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2004, 05:17 PM
I always thought Nastya's steady baseline game, and great court coverage, would be effective on clay.
Here's today's interview -

Q. How does that rank for you in your career as a victory?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I feel pretty good right now. I never beat Venus before, and I think it was a good match. I really fought, and I really, really want to win today.

Q. What was different in this match, compared to the other two that you've played against her?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I think Venus not really right now in her best level, and I knew that I can beat her. And the game was like -- usually Venus like to make winners. Today was like more unforced errors.

And I just tried to keep the ball in play today.

Q. In the last game she had three breakpoints. Did you think she would keep committing the errors, or did you think to yourself, "Maybe I'll have to start hitting winners now because she may play better"?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I really couldn't think at that point because I was so nervous. I was just thinking about the rain, that the rain could start, and then they can delay our match. And I didn't really want to do that. I just was thinking to win this game, no matter what.

Q. And you moved her. She obviously did not play her best tennis today, but you moved her very well and were strong in the back-court rallies. So you believed in that part of your game?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, that was one of the part of strategy, to move her around because she had injured before and she's not moving well. And just couple more things, her forehand right now not really good. So it was really using that.

Q. Seemed like down the stretch in some of the big rallies you kept going to her backhand. Last few points in particular.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I was trying to open the corner for the forehand, but then she was missing also the backhand today, maybe because she was nervous as well.

But today, like I said, it was not her best tennis. I used this today.

Q. Do you think the mystique, the atmosphere around the Williams sisters, that they were so strong, so great, is over among the players?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Oh, definitely, right now, yes, because they just came back. They lost a lot of months. You know, the players kept practicing. I mean, now of course everybody believe at least that they can fight with them, you know. It's something that we can -- I mean, we can do it right now.

Q. So this is the first time you've beaten a Grand Slam champion in a quarterfinal. So how happy are you that you're able to make this mental breakthrough and really show your game?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I'm really, really happy. But, you know, it's not end of the tournament so I have to keep going. I know the next match is gonna be really tough because Jennifer is great player and I know how much she wants to win right now. She beat Serena. That shows as well that she's really good. I just have to keep calm.

Q. Coming into this Roland Garros, this was the Grand Slam where you were the worst.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah. My dream was to win the first round here (smiling).

Q. So what's been the difference for you now? You come in, this is your worst Grand Slam, now you're in the semifinals, your best performance.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, I'm not gonna say that it's my favorite right now, but at least I start liking Paris right now and I still -- I will be back for sure.

Q. How much does your experience in Australia, when you had a missed opportunity there and you had some tough moments, how much of that affects your ability to handle this kind of match today, do you think?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: None. I don't think -- in Australia, it was Kim, if you mean that. It was different story. I lost Kim just because I was kind of not ready to win the match.

And today I was really ready to win, and I know that I can do it. And I just was fighting, fighting for every point.

Q. And keeping your composure as well?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, definitely.

Q. You worked on that the last couple months some more?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I work on everything right now, because if you want to improve... I don't just want to be No. 5 and that's it, I want to move forward, I want to show that I can be better than that. Of course, I work.

Q. So you're sounding like that you know you're not done here. If you want to prove you're better than just No. 5, you have to go on. Do you have belief in yourself that maybe you can beat Jennifer in the semifinals, then even beyond that, beating someone as good as Mauresmo in the final?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I do believe that I can beat Jennifer. I do believe that I can play better than today even. But, you know, you never know because Jennifer also believe that she can win. And just gonna be tough game for both of us. I mean, who is gonna be stronger mentally, I think that person gonna win.

Q. You guys, all the women, work very hard and play hard and battle. How important is it for women's tennis -- I mean, the Williamses have been gone -- just to show you can't sort of play part-time, you have to come in and battle like you all do and if you don't, you're not going to be at the top of your game?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I mean, we have Kim, Justine, we have so many other good players with who we have to fight. Young players also coming, like Maria. Every girls are really tough right now. I don't think Venus or Serena done; they just not in the best level right now. But they will be back for sure. I don't think they like to lose.

Just, you know, you have to practice hard and first you have to believe that you can do whatever you can do, you can beat best players.

Q. Do you think it would be a mistake for people to read this today and say, "The Williams, their mystique is gone," do you think they'll take this as a wakeup call and come roaring right back?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Like I said, I don't think they done. They gonna be back. I mean, they were the best; they can be the best again. It's gonna be little bit harder for them because I think right now more players start believe that they can beat them.

Q. What would be the perfect ending of this tournament - to be in the final against Dementieva?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: The perfect is gonna be to go home with the trophy, the perfect one, but that's it (smiling).

But Amelie, I don't know, it's 4-all in the first set. Tough game for both of them. I know that a lot of people wants Amelie to be in the final and to win. But for her, it's gonna be really tough right now.

Q. You were injured in March, your foot, I think. How long did you stay at home without being able to play tennis, and when did you start again? Do you think that being fresh coming to the French is a good advantage for you?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: That was not advantage at all because I lost the time because of the injury, and I think I lost the atmosphere of the tournaments. I stayed at home like one months. It was tough because other people was playing. And at the beginning when I came back, was really hard. I was losing first round couple tournaments.

So for me, of course it was good preparation for French Open, but I was really upset with losing the weeks before.

Q. Could you remind us what happened exactly? I think it was in Miami. Something fell on your foot?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Something with my toes and the foot. They said that it's stress fracture, but it was something else. I'm not really sure.

Q. Where is home for you?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Moscow.

cool_olga
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:55 PM
ys, what this title means?...

ys
Jun 1st, 2004, 10:04 PM
ys, what this title means?...
"I want to play against Elena Dementieva in the final of Roland Garros".. And that was said, I believe, back in December. If it actually happens, I would consider it extemely freaky..

tenn_ace
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:14 PM
Kim's mom was watching Nastya match in Nastya's players' box... does it have anythig to do with Kim and Nastya being friends? or am I reading into it too much?

goldenlox
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:59 AM
I looked at Nastya's draw, and I thought it was very difficult. Molik, Sveta, Venus. And that's just to reach the semis.
And guess what? Nastya beat them all.

TartarVicario
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:08 AM
Kim's mom was watching Nastya match in Nastya's players' box... does it have anythig to do with Kim and Nastya being friends? or am I reading into it too much?

I don't know about that but Kim,Alicia and Sveta were watching Rena and Jen match :D

TartarVicario
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:14 AM
Honestly I don't think Nastya did anything in this match.Vee was off today and Nastya just kept every ball back.This strategy doesn't work when you have to face Kim.

goldenlox
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:17 AM
Nastya won in straight sets against a player who won 2 clay court titles this year. The strategy did work. And Nastya played very well.
Nastya will not be facing Kim in this tournament. But she's beaten Kim before.

- L i n a -
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:32 AM
I think Nastya has surprised us all with her Paris performance...

Venus definitely sucked, and made lots of errors... but Nastya played her game, and didn't give Venus the opportunity to sneak back in the match.

It feels weird saying that Nastya is the highest seed left in a Grand Slam!

She has a real chance vs. Jen, as well... she's not playing that great.

TartarVicario
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:33 AM
Kim is different from Vee.Kim loves to play long points.When she plays her top form,She hardly hits any unforced errors.I knew Nat has done that but She beat Kim in 2000 and 2002.Kim hasn't improved yet.And in 2003 Kim lost in Leipzig 5-7 4-4 ret .All of matches that Kim won were in two sets.

- L i n a -
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:39 AM
I don't think anyone should disagree that Kim is still a better player than Nastya... but she's not in this tournament, so why are we talking about her? :p

TartarVicario
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:51 AM
No,I have nothing against Nastya :o I like her ;)

But I just wonder how can she play when the rival doesn't make a lot of mistake like Linzi and Kim.I've seen Nastya's match against Denisa,Sveta and Vee and I am not impressived by the way she play.She didn't do anything.Her rivals gave her a lot of free points.

goldenlox
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:59 AM
Nastya beat Venus, Sveta, and Molik. That's a tough draw. Jenn almost lost 3 different matches.
Nastya has to play well. But she can win this.

TartarVicario
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:06 AM
Today Jenny didn't do anything as well :o.She was waiting until Serene made a mistake :( but I observed that her serve is better.This's an interesting match.

goldenlox
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:19 AM
When you say didn't do anything, that's how you win on wet red clay. You play steady, and construct points.
That's the way to win. You don't try to bang winners from behind the baseline. You play safe, until you get a short ball.

TartarVicario
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:37 AM
"construct" Maybe this word can use to Jennifer<sometimes> and Hingis but not Nastya today :(.

- L i n a -
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:56 AM
When you say didn't do anything, that's how you win on wet red clay. You play steady, and construct points.
That's the way to win. You don't try to bang winners from behind the baseline. You play safe, until you get a short ball.
I disagree... you can't just play defensively.

Lena D. looked great today, and that was because she took the initiative... but didn't go for crazy winners.

It's a fine line.

It also helps if your opponent plays awful tennis.

goldenlox
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:16 PM
Nastya has to be aware that the clay might play faster on Thursday. She has to be ready for a muddy, slow, clay. And also be ready for a drying out, faster clay.
Either way, use your speed, and your groundstrokes. The skills Nastya showed against Venus, she can use to play well against Capriati.

cool_olga
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:47 PM
I don't know why you talk about Kim all the time TartarVicario. Kim is not here and Australian Open is a past and completely different story, we are here now at Roland Garros and Nastya has a great chance in this tournament.

I think both styles of game can be good on clay. You can either play defense tennis and drive your opponent nuts with returning every ball, Nastya did that with Venus, of course Venus was making many errors but that's the point- Nastya didn't make them earlier although she could, that's why she won. As she said she also used Venus' bad day.
The second way is Lena's tennis now, Very agressive and attacking. She was like crazy out there with Mauresmo, I really liked her attitude for this match. She was really going for it.
Nastya can play very fast balls we all know that but her tactic here was to keep the ball in, so far it was enough, who knows what she will try tomorrow? She can mix it, play again defense but also hitting some winners, she can do it.
Would be great to see more defensive Nastya and attacking Lena in final, that would be very interesting match.

And why do you criticize Jenny so much TartarVicario? She wasn't playing that bad. Remember taht it's not easy to play that kind of match when rain stops it in the moment you start to be really warmed up, you go off court then on court and it starts again. Maybe it wasn't impressive tennis but she won and that'simportant, she was better that Serena and played smartly anyways. But I think not so good that Nastya is underdog here.

goldenlox
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:51 PM
Nastya played a very smart match against Venus. She forced Venus to either out rally her, or go for winners.
Venus couldn't do it. But the clay might play faster tomorrow. Nastya has to be ready for a fast surface, or a slow one.
And Capriati is good. It will take a big effort to beat her.

Derek.
Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:02 PM
Yep, Nastya played smart tennis. :D Made Venus hit a ton of balls and just waited for Venus to make th ue and of course Venus did. :p Hope she can beat Capriati tomorrow! Good luck Nastya! :woohoo: