PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87

Demska
May 21st, 2007, 09:35 AM
Настя возвращается в WTA тур и примет участие в Открытом чемпионате Франции, который пройдет на кортах Ролан Гаррос с 28.05 по 10.06

Her official website confirmed she will be playing FO.

Demska
May 21st, 2007, 09:36 AM
But that was what she was saying...
So I'm not responsible for that :lol:

And, imo, if Nastya was serious about her comeback she would have skipped RG, Wimbledon and US Open to try herself at Tier III/IV or ITF events. I doubt she is Top-100 level player now.

Shut up and wait and see then.

Bubba08
May 21st, 2007, 10:20 AM
But that was what she was saying...
So I'm not responsible for that :lol:

And, imo, if Nastya was serious about her comeback she would have skipped RG, Wimbledon and US Open to try herself at Tier III/IV or ITF events. I doubt she is Top-100 level player now.
Do you work on your negativity or is it something natural for you? :eek: :D

AnnaK_4ever
May 21st, 2007, 10:39 AM
Do you work on your negativity or is it something natural for you? :eek: :D

It's natural but I'm working on it too ;)

I'm glad Nastya's back on court but I support tennis player Anastasia Myskina, not person Anastasia Myskina. And I'm eager to see my favorite athlete winning. You know I'm sports, not celebrity fan and in sports you're either winner or loser. I don't wanna Myskina spend the rest of her career for tarnishing her 'legacy'.
Those who've been champions should leave the sport as soon as they realize they can't win anymore - that's how I see the problem.

azmad_88
May 21st, 2007, 01:51 PM
Welcome Back Anastasia Myskina :)

selyoink
May 21st, 2007, 01:53 PM

No need to work on it. If you stop being negative I won't have any company and people will start noticing how negative I am again.

Foot's Fingers
May 21st, 2007, 02:21 PM
Swweeet. I'm so happy. Her last win on tour was SF of Stockholm vs Sofia Ardvisson :eek:

Hope she gets a good draw. A win would send me into hilarity.

Ages have passed

Hope she will play for sure :bounce:

denine
May 21st, 2007, 04:56 PM
omg! she's playing!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Demska
May 21st, 2007, 07:36 PM
Actually she did play an exhibition match is Austria before Christmas, where she beat Sybille Bammer and Patty Schnyder.

selyoink
May 21st, 2007, 07:53 PM
Exhibitions do not even remotely count.

miffedmax
May 21st, 2007, 09:36 PM
Nastya will pack more fun and entertainment into a first round exit than most women will in their entire career.

For now, I'm just glad she's back. I'll worry about her results later.

goldenlox
May 22nd, 2007, 12:13 AM
She wasn't healthy in January. If Nastya can run, she might play well. She did well in Austria.
I thought she was ready for 2007, but she got injured in her first set.

Demska
May 22nd, 2007, 10:56 AM
From nastya's offical site.

http://i13.tinypic.com/53jmxj6.jpg

Demska
May 22nd, 2007, 10:57 AM
And I had a very wierd dream last night.

Nastya won the French Open beating Jankovic in the final 36 63 64.. It seemed very real.

Oh, and I also had a chat with Patty Schnyder for some reason...

meyerpl
May 22nd, 2007, 11:22 AM

I'm glad Nastya's back on court but I support tennis player Anastasia Myskina, not person Anastasia Myskina. And I'm eager to see my favorite athlete winning. You know I'm sports, not celebrity fan and in sports you're either winner or loser. I don't wanna Myskina spend the rest of her career for tarnishing her 'legacy'.
Those who've been champions should leave the sport as soon as they realize they can't win anymore - that's how I see the problem.
I tend to be more from the, "In sports, you're either a fan or you aren't." school of thought. Athletes generally have their ups and downs.

ZIZOUILLE
May 22nd, 2007, 11:31 AM
I tend to be more from the, "In sports, you're either a fan or you aren't." school of thought. Athletes generally have their ups and downs.

Meyerpl :yeah: :worship:

_LuCaS_
May 22nd, 2007, 12:39 PM
Damn, it's been a while...
Good to see everyone excited :yeah:

AnnaK_4ever
May 22nd, 2007, 12:47 PM

'Ups and downs' don't last for years.

Iceland
May 22nd, 2007, 12:48 PM
This is the best news of the month ! :woohoo: I was so afraid that she gave up after all these injuries ! It doesn't matter if the results are not there at the beginning, it is already a miracle to see her healthy and motivated. She has better chances at Wimbledon than at Roland-Garros of course, but who cares ? She is back now :aparty: :hug: !

Foot's Fingers
May 22nd, 2007, 01:04 PM
thks for article ... if it cld be named so....

Pls show me the person who wrote article abt Lena Dementieva and posted Myskina's Photo above :fiery: :lol:

selyoink
May 22nd, 2007, 03:07 PM
'Ups and downs' don't last for years.

Exactly how I feel.

But maybe Nastya has a surprise in store for us yet.

AnnaK_4ever
May 22nd, 2007, 03:25 PM
Exactly how I feel.

We can only hope.

Yesterday Nastya and Kafelnikov were on 'Echo' (TV show on NTV+ Sport channel). Unfortunately I missed it but from what I read on Russian-language forums both Evgeniy and Denis Pankratov (two-time Olympic champion in swimming who hosts this show) were doubting Myskina's ability to compete with other players after only one month of trainings. They were like: why the hell are you playing Roland Garros?!

miffedmax
May 22nd, 2007, 05:24 PM
Exactly how I feel.

Two more non-Cubs fans heard from (up from 1876-1908; down from 1908 to 2007).

Honestly, you're like those Red Sox wienies who win a World Series every century and still whine about it.

selyoink
May 22nd, 2007, 07:20 PM
Two more non-Cubs fans heard from (up from 1876-1908; down from 1908 to 2007).

Honestly, you're like those Red Sox wienies who win a World Series every century and still whine about it.

I hate baseball. Red Sox fans are totally annoying though.

AnnaK_4ever
May 22nd, 2007, 08:23 PM
Myskina on TV today: I'm going to Roland Garros as both tennis player AND tennis reporter.
Myskina on radio today: I just want to know if I still can compete on the high level. She has nothing to prove, she just loves tennis. At the moment she is not sure whether she continues to play after Wimbledon or not.

Demska
May 22nd, 2007, 08:36 PM
Nastya :cuckoo:

miffedmax
May 22nd, 2007, 08:37 PM
It's why we love her.

selyoink
May 23rd, 2007, 04:03 AM
Doesn't sound too focused on tennis if she plans on being a tennis reporter as well.

I wonder if she has heard of conflicting interests before.

Foot's Fingers
May 23rd, 2007, 09:37 AM
http://www.radiomayak.ru/tvp.html?id=70185

transcription of interview given to Mayak (russian)

big one

abt return, commentstoring, wta girls etc

nice to read

she is still friend of Jens ANd Likhovtseva best of ehr friend in tour

Demska
May 23rd, 2007, 11:28 AM
Lena L :hug:

Look after her when she comes back.

MyskinaManiac
May 23rd, 2007, 03:23 PM
Yep... Nastya's on crack... she's been hanging around Lindsay Lohan too much.

Spiritof42
May 23rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
Myskina on TV today: I'm going to Roland Garros as both tennis player AND tennis reporter.
Myskina on radio today: I just want to know if I still can compete on the high level. She has nothing to prove, she just loves tennis. At the moment she is not sure whether she continues to play after Wimbledon or not.
Okayyyyyyyy... :scratch:
:lol: at Nastya's train of thought

Demska
May 23rd, 2007, 10:18 PM
You can imagine this. She plays someone, looses to them, then runs over to where they're sitting, with a microphone asking how they played.

Spiritof42
May 23rd, 2007, 10:46 PM
You can imagine this. She plays someone, looses to them, then runs over to where they're sitting, with a microphone asking how they played.
Maybe she'll even interview herself :)
(She just might be crazy enough to do it :lol:)

tiptop
May 23rd, 2007, 11:27 PM
business as usual i`d say...

goldenlox
May 24th, 2007, 12:09 AM
It's going to depend on if she stays healthy, and how well she plays.
Dementieva had cracked ribs, and she's playing every week now.

miffedmax
May 24th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Maybe she'll even interview herself :)
(She just might be crazy enough to do it :lol:)

I wonder if she'd demand an explanation for all her contradictory statements.:lol:

Our dear Nastya. Whatever are we to do with her?

Almalyk
May 24th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Great to see she will play at RG. I'll follow her with interest (OF COURSE) but I don't hold high hopes! Jankovic has been keeping me happy lately!

selyoink
May 24th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Great to see she will play at RG. I'll follow her with interest (OF COURSE) but I don't hold high hopes! Jankovic has been keeping me happy lately!

An Almalyk sighting! And a most welcome one I must say. I hope you will pop in slightly more often in the future if Nastya keeps playing.

Vaidisova
May 24th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Nastya at RG practice today !
http://i8.tinypic.com/661n30w.jpg

ARIANE 5
May 24th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks very much :bounce:

miffedmax
May 24th, 2007, 07:13 PM
It might be the angle, or it might be my aged eyes, but doesn't Nastya look a little bit more ripped in that pic?

I mean she's never going to have arms like Lena's or Rena's, but looks to me like she's spent some time adding a little strength, though hopefully not enough to slow her down.

Or it could just be the angle, but I've see shots of her hitting before where she didn't look quite as muscular.

(And of course, still cute as the proverbial bug's bottom).

Demska
May 24th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I agree with Max. Maybe she's gonna do something amazing at RG!

frenchie
May 24th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Great to see Nastya with a racket these days!!

I just want to see her match(es)!!
I can't wait!

sinterklaasje
May 24th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Don't know what to make of that pic. It may be the angle or the light-shadow contrast but it looks like she gained a lot of weight :eek:
Just read in GM (well, the part I could read, 'cause I have a lot of 'server to busy' problems lately) that her training session didn't look too good. I don't know which feeling has the upper hand right now: happiness because she'll play or fear that she will quit for good after a, probably, horrendous match. Just image if she looses to a qualifier ... I hope she gives herself time to get more match rithm.
Future will tell. I will follow the live scores anxiously.
C'mon Nastya, surprise me! I want you to play decent tennis!

frenchie
May 24th, 2007, 08:50 PM
une copine photographe m'a dit que myskina s'etait entrainée cet apres midi et qu'elle avait du mal! lol

What to think of this sentence??

I hope she was OK physically

sinterklaasje
May 24th, 2007, 09:03 PM
That was the sentence I was referring to. This is what I make of it: she was netting a lot of balls (or they were flying miles out), she was slow and her serve was off. Do you think it means she was hurt? That was not the way I understood it, but that can be due to my not-so-splendid knowledge of French :)

frenchie
May 24th, 2007, 09:10 PM
That was the sentence I was referring to. This is what I make of it: she was netting a lot of balls (or they were flying miles out), she was slow and her serve was off. Do you think it means she was hurt? That was not the way I understood it, but that can be due to my not-so-splendid knowledge of French :)

well "elle avait du mal" is not very precise:rolleyes:

It could be "elle avait du mal" with her ponytail, "elle avait du mal" to hit a ball in the court...:p

I don't expect Nastya to win a lot of matches at RG (I think she'll lose first round) but I have high hopes on the long run:worship: :worship:

ys
May 24th, 2007, 10:31 PM
I don't expect Nastya to win a lot of matches at RG

Myskina's fan's basics.. Expect the unexpected.

goldenlox
May 24th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I hope she plays an inconsistent player in round 1. Not AMG, someone who makes UE's.

miffedmax
May 24th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Don't know what to make of that pic. It may be the angle or the light-shadow contrast but it looks like she gained a lot of weight :eek:

I don't think she looks too heavy--just a little bigger in the arms and shoulders. She was such a beanpole I think she could carry a little more muscle.

In the past she's talked about the difficulty she has putting on some weight to give her more power.

Like I said, if she hasn't lost a step a little more power couldn't hurt.

I so want her and Lena to do well.

selyoink
May 25th, 2007, 04:25 AM
She definitely looks like she has gained weight. That was the first thing I noticed when I saw the picture. I just wanted to wait and see if others noticed it as well.

She isn't a porker by any means but definitely not as svelte a normal either.

As for RG, we can't expect anything other than a loss unless she gets a dreadful opponent. She hasn't played in a long time and hasn't been training long. Plus we don't know if her head or heart are in it. That will be answered soon.

Foot's Fingers
May 25th, 2007, 05:58 AM
so not very optimistics
vene pessimistics

But she is back

at least she will try

ZIZOUILLE
May 25th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Nastya :bounce:

She looks like she has gained weight. I think she is not ready physically. She said in an interview that she moves slowly. She needs 1 or 2 months to be ready physically.
I hope that she will play the double. She needs to play.

I am happy to see her in RG :D

Good luck Nastya :hug:

denine
May 25th, 2007, 07:28 AM
wow :eek: she gained so much weight! hope she draws a sucky player today.:unsure:

frenchie
May 25th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Myskina vs Shaughnessy

Nastya always had difficulties against Meghann!!

Foot's Fingers
May 25th, 2007, 09:55 AM
and then Sveta probably...

Demska
May 25th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Myskina vs Shaughnessy

Nastya always had difficulties against Meghann!!
I think she's near Henin too

She;s on the other side of the draw to henin :lol:

R1: Myskina vs Shaughnessy

R2: Winner vs Kuznetsova or Bychkova

Damnit, without Svetlana, Nastya's draw is one of the easiest, with the other seeds being Muller, Srebotnik and Peer.

R3 would either be a qualifier, TianTian Sun or Martina Muller.

frenchie
May 25th, 2007, 10:02 AM
If Nastya can beat Meghann, then she can give some troubles to Sveta

Demska
May 25th, 2007, 10:04 AM
If Sveta makes it through. Bychokova will bring back horrible memories of beating Sveta in the US Open R128 2005 when sveta was defending champion.

frenchie
May 25th, 2007, 10:20 AM
If Nastya was at an OK level, I would say it's a good draw!

She can beat Sveta even on clay
Then the rest of the draw is doable untill the SF (Ana, Muller, Srebotnik, Peer)

Of course she'll lose first round...

ZIZOUILLE
May 25th, 2007, 10:24 AM
It's a very difficult first round for Nastya, I'm not sure that she is capable to beat Meghann :rolleyes:

She should play on Tuesday no ? :confused:

frenchie
May 25th, 2007, 10:27 AM
It's a very difficult first round for Nastya, I'm not sure that she is capable to beat Meghann :rolleyes:

She should play on Tuesday no ? :confused:

not sure;)

Are you going to RG this year?

ZIZOUILLE
May 25th, 2007, 10:31 AM
not sure;)

Are you going to RG this year?

No, j'ai encore des examens à l'université :sad:

Demska
May 25th, 2007, 10:32 AM
If Nastya was at an OK level, I would say it's a good draw!

She can beat Sveta even on clay
Then the rest of the draw is doable untill the SF (Ana, Muller, Srebotnik, Peer)

Of course she'll lose first round...

:sad: Wait and see pleaaase.

Demska
May 25th, 2007, 10:32 AM
If only Sveta wasn't there. :fiery:

Or Nastya got the 32nd seed.

azmad_88
May 25th, 2007, 10:45 AM
was natsya the 33th highest ranked player? she was just one withdrawal away from being seeded?

Demska
May 25th, 2007, 10:47 AM
was natsya the 33th highest ranked player? she was just one withdrawal away from being seeded?

I think 34th. Krajicek would have been 32nd if someone pulled out, then Myskina next for the 32nd seed.

Demska
May 25th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Meghann leads the H2H 3-1

Each time meghann won it went to three sets, the time Nastya won she won in straight sets.

However their last meeting was over 3 years ago.

Demska
May 25th, 2007, 10:52 AM
LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q9NJcelpEc&NR=1

Lets hope for this.

azmad_88
May 25th, 2007, 10:57 AM
:lol: at the video

Demska
May 25th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Well, if Nastya looses in the first round I won't be dissapointed. I'll be a fan no matter what. A grand slam issn't the best place to make you comeback, your first round match can be a cake draw, or a all most certain defeat (vesnina).

We shouldn't think Nastya will never play tennis again if she does loose 1st round. Nastya loves the grass, maybe Birmingham :)

Foot's Fingers
May 25th, 2007, 12:55 PM
i just hope that she is interesting in tennis

azmad_88
May 25th, 2007, 01:52 PM
yea..i hope she is interested in tennis :) if she is practising, i think she wants to come back

selyoink
May 25th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Shaughnessy sucks balls this year. She has a number of horrible losses like to Larcher de Brito in Miami.

Nastya couldn't really ask for a better first round. She will still lose but she has a chance.

Second round against Kuznetsova will be a massacre if it happens.

martirogi
May 25th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Shaughnessy is a very good test for Myskii. If Nasty can beat her, it would be a very good sign.

You can't tell from just one picture if she gained weight. It's probably a bad angle. She didn't look fat from those first training pics in Russia or on her TV interviews....

goldenlox
May 25th, 2007, 02:29 PM
I just want Nastya to play well and come away healthy

Vaidisova
May 25th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Saturday’s the day for Benny-Berthet

Benny-Berthet Day kicks off at midday on Saturday 26 May with all the proceeds from this year’s event being shared between seven different charities. Spectators can watch a series of one-set exhibition matches on the three main courts, not to mention the practice matches taking place on the outside courts. Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer, the finalists from last year’s men’s singles final will be taking part on what is sure to be a fun-packed day. Joining them will be Anastasia Myskina, Gaston Gaudio, Julien Benneteau, Richard Gasquet, Paul-Henri Mathieu, Fabrice Santoro and the veterans Mansour Bahrami, Guy Forget, Cedric Pioline and Henri Leconte.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2007-05-25/200705251180117094453.html

goldenlox
May 25th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks nouf

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8734/rg2007myskinakc7.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

AnnaK_4ever
May 25th, 2007, 09:01 PM

Benny-Berthet Day kicks off at midday on Saturday 26 May with all the proceeds from this year’s event being shared between seven different charities. Spectators can watch a series of one-set exhibition matches on the three main courts, not to mention the practice matches taking place on the outside courts. Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer, the finalists from last year’s men’s singles final will be taking part on what is sure to be a fun-packed day. Joining them will be Anastasia Myskina, Gaston Gaudio, Julien Benneteau, Richard Gasquet, Paul-Henri Mathieu, Fabrice Santoro and the veterans Mansour Bahrami, Guy Forget, Cedric Pioline and Henri Leconte.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2007-05-25/200705251180117094453.html

According to the weather forecast all the actions will be washed off by the rain :tape:

Demska
May 25th, 2007, 09:24 PM
So what, nastya is playing a exhibition match?

Almalyk
May 25th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Shaughnessy is a very good test for Myskii. If Nasty can beat her, it would be a very good sign.

You can't tell from just one picture if she gained weight. It's probably a bad angle. She didn't look fat from those first training pics in Russia or on her TV interviews....

Hello sexy :)
I think first round draw is pretty good. I mean Nastya should have breathed a sigh of relief as she is not someone who will destroy her. She didn't get a seed, and she didn't get a dangerous floater.

The second round though... :help: :tape: The last time she met Sveta at RG it was one of the most amazing first set turn arounds of Nasty'a career. I doubt (if she gets there) it will be anything similar.

Filippo-Nastya
May 25th, 2007, 10:13 PM
It's really a great joy to read Nastya's name in the main draw of a tournament after such a long time. :D
She has nothing to lose, she can play without pressure, maybe she will surprise us playing a good match against Meghann. Have fun on court, Nastya! :kiss: :hug:

Spiritof42
May 26th, 2007, 12:57 AM

So she'll be the only woman?!? :confused:

Almalyk
May 26th, 2007, 06:53 AM
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/230b/popup/index.php?cl=2827189

This is a great 7 minute interview with Nastya and actually puts a lot of things we had wondering about into perspective!!! The funniest thing ever is that SHE actually refers to her LIFE as a ROLLERCOASTER!

I am now fully convinced that tennis is not in her heart, she says she didn't miss it, and had a great life outside of tennis. But i'm glad she is coming back for another crack!

counterpunch79
May 26th, 2007, 08:02 AM
love that interview! thanks Almalyk!

it's good to see her being realistic and just enjoying herself. I love that she laughs at herself,"She needs to push me beccause im a little bit slow" lol.

Demska
May 26th, 2007, 09:31 AM
:inlove:

So great to see Nastya giving an interview, espeically in english.

Great interview, she's so funny and hooot, dang.

Really has answered alot of questions I had, even she said she put on some weight at home!

Just great to see Nastya's face and personality. Must have been taken only a few days ago too!

KV
May 26th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Great to see Nastya back on the courts :)

Bubba08
May 26th, 2007, 06:22 PM
She seems to be very realistic about her situation and her goals. I am glad she is coming back but it's pretty clear she has moved on with tennis, she sounds like she just wanted to do proper goodbyes before leaving for good.
Great interview though.

It would be great if she could be competetive against Shaughnessy on one set , like loosing 16 57, projecting an encounter with Sveta is pure utopia right now.
I hope she will play doubles. :D

Demska
May 26th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Does anybody know what day or time Nastya is scheduled to play her opener?

ys
May 26th, 2007, 08:34 PM
she sounds like she just wanted to do proper goodbyes before leaving for good.

I don't even want to think about it.. When Lena and Nastya are gone, the tennis fan, I am afraid, will just die in me.

Demska
May 26th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I don't even want to think about it.. When Lena and Nastya are gone, the tennis fan, I am afraid, will just die in me.

Ditto. If Nastya leaves any time soon, i don't know what i would do.

frenchie
May 27th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Nastya will start on Tuesday it seems!

I hope she plays better than me today! (lost 2 and 4 to a player ranked far below me)

Demska
May 27th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Tuesday is judgement day..

AnnaK_4ever
May 27th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I hope she will play doubles. :D

She won't play doubles.

frenchie
May 27th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Nastya is also on Eastbourne entry list

I think she should play Birmingham too

Demska
May 27th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Birmingham may have a lighter field, and Nastya is a former finalist thier too. Nastya does love the grass too.

Nastya has alot of points to defend after RG, where she also has 96points too.

F at Eastbourne

QF at Wimbldeon.

Her ranking is now at #51 :sobbing: Hopefully, she can beat Meghann though. I have had a few dreams about the result, it's wierd.

ARIANE 5
May 28th, 2007, 08:09 AM
I don't understand why she doesn't play doubles. If she lose tomorrow, RG will be already finished :confused: :sad:

Almalyk
May 28th, 2007, 08:19 AM
What sort of court do we all think Nastya will get? She is a former champion, and both Justine and Serena got centre courts! Although Justine and Serena bring a little form coming in! I hope she isn't pushed to a pathetic court, and hope she at least gets a show court of sorts!

Almalyk
May 28th, 2007, 08:19 AM
I don't understand why she doesn't play doubles. If she lose tomorrow, RG will be already finished :confused: :sad:

Probably couldn't find a partner at short notice. Plus her doubles ranking must be low low low....

Perhaps she'll play mixed?

AnnaK_4ever
May 28th, 2007, 08:31 AM
She said her physical conditions didn't allow her to play doubles.

goldenlox
May 28th, 2007, 10:00 PM
http://albumtennis.online.fr/albums/userpics/10001/RG2007_dedicacemyskina.jpg

Foot's Fingers
May 29th, 2007, 01:34 PM
losing 16 to Patty even it was exho not a good sign

azmad_88
May 29th, 2007, 01:47 PM
im sure she was just getting used to clay at the moment. it was just an exo though

selyoink
May 29th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Maybe the extra day of practice will help her. Probably not but it can't hurt either.

ys
May 29th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Nastya is first on Court 16 tomorrow.

Demska
May 29th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Good, we won't have to wait forever. I'll be up at 10am for sure.

AnnaK_4ever
May 29th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Shaughnessy vs Myskina was the only 1st round match (in both men's and women' singles) Will Hill didn't offer betting odds on.

Demska
May 29th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Shaughnessy vs Myskina was the only 1st round match (in both men's and women' singles) Will Hill didn't offer betting odds on.

Your point is...?

Bubba08
May 29th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Because that match is totally unpredictable. :p

Yes I live in hope. :o

goldenlox
May 29th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Court 16, first match

selyoink
May 30th, 2007, 03:51 AM
I hope I wake up to a Nastya win. I won't get my hopes up though. I'm sure it will be a craptastic match filled with ues from both players.

Foot's Fingers
May 30th, 2007, 06:46 AM
not even show court for RG champion :rolleyes:

Gooooooo NAstya!!!

Almalyk
May 30th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Good luck Nastya. Evil Maria will be on TV, but i'll be following the scoreboard closely.

Dzung
May 30th, 2007, 08:35 AM
good luck nastya......

i'm a bit nervouse.....

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 09:08 AM
I'm really nervous.

Goos luck Nastya!

Do your best!

Foot's Fingers
May 30th, 2007, 09:26 AM
0-3 down....

Vacant
May 30th, 2007, 09:26 AM
I'm nervous.

Don't expect too much, though. Just happy she is back on court.

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Double break down at 0-4*

She hab 2 bp's in Meghann's opening service game, then 30-0 on one of hers but got broken...

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Meghann is holding serve to love easily.

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Nastya *0-5

Hold for some dignity girl.

Foot's Fingers
May 30th, 2007, 09:33 AM
:help:

Foot's Fingers
May 30th, 2007, 09:35 AM
here we come....

some closes games some one way but all won by Meghann

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Nastya held for 1-5*

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 09:40 AM
3 set points for Meghann.

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Oh, it went back tot 30/0

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Still, 40/0

Foot's Fingers
May 30th, 2007, 09:43 AM
no bagel at least....

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 09:43 AM
First set to Meghann 61

Nastya won 1 points out of 12 in the last 3 Shaugnessy service games.

Foot's Fingers
May 30th, 2007, 09:44 AM
well in 2004 she lost first set as well :devil:

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 09:45 AM
well in 2004 she lost first set as well :devil:

;)

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Nastya a set and break down.

Meghann 61 2-0*

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Nastya broken again.

61 *30

Obviously isn't ready to play at a good standard yet.

denine
May 30th, 2007, 09:54 AM
:o :o :o

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 09:58 AM
I just hope her toe is okay.

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Meghann 61 40*

Can't see Nastya winning.

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Nastya broken again.

Meghann 61 *50

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Shaughnessy def. Myskina 61 60.

:hug:

Just hope she is healthy and her toe is fine.

denine
May 30th, 2007, 10:10 AM
ok. that was crappy.

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 10:15 AM
I want a match report by someone.

Not on how she played, but if her toe is okay.

Dementinator
May 30th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Bit dissapointing, kinda expected a loss, but not quite that bad, still, shes back and thats what counts, just hope she starts enjoying her tennis, Meg was a bad player to draw in 1st round, shes got a big serve and causes trouble quite often when shes on.

goldenlox
May 30th, 2007, 10:20 AM
I thought Nastya would play better. A 14 year old beat Meaghann this spring

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 10:21 AM
I think I could come to terms if she decides to retire. Of course I wouldn't want that at all, but the other hand is alot of training, everyday for months and months, which for Nastya would be too much, seeing as she has a life back home, as T.V job ect. She says she loves tennis, but when she was off she didn't miss it that much.

We'll just have to wait for a press conference of something.

cindy
May 30th, 2007, 11:21 AM
sarah pitkowski said "I know her well and it's not a problem of tennis it's more about her motivation, she thinks about a lot of things, privates things but not about tennis"

ZIZOUILLE
May 30th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Nastya will have to choose between tennis and his job on TV. I think that we shall have the answer after wimbledon.
If her mind is not in 100 % in tennis she will not be able to play and to win. Nastya will have to choose very quickly.

selyoink
May 30th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Well that went about how I expected.

Now we just have to see if she wishes to continue her career as a tennis player or not.

azmad_88
May 30th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Natsya :sad: but i hope u are fine. good luck at grass season

selyoink
May 30th, 2007, 12:28 PM
In other more exciting news Nastya matched her all time worst loss. Previously it was a 6-0, 6-1 loss to Castano of all people :o

miffedmax
May 30th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Ugh. Worse than I expected.

iine:
May 30th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Wow. That was impressive ..

Foot's Fingers
May 30th, 2007, 01:05 PM
"nice" match isnt'it?

she was absolutly not ready to play

don't blame her as love her too much But she really need to decide now WHAT SHE WANTS

slk45
May 30th, 2007, 01:12 PM
NASTYA! :tears: :hug: :smooch:

But see her interview:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2007-05-30/200705301180528624421.html

Q. Chakvetadze plays a little like you.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: She's a really smart girl on the court, and she's doing really a lot of good things. So I think she ‑‑ if she's going to be more, how you say, calm on the courts, like, then she's going to be really good. She's a good ‑‑ she's really smart.
:lol:

Foot's Fingers
May 30th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Q. So what did the doctor say? Did the doctor say, Yes, you should try to play; it's not going to get worse?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah. They said that I should try. Well, you have to be careful every time. But if you're going to be careful, like, every, every time, sooner or later you're not going to play at all because you're going to be scared.

So in my mind, I'm still scared to run, like, 100 percent. So you have to cross this line.

Q. It really looked like you didn't have, especially side to side, that you didn't want to really go and get the ball.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: It still scares me a bit. I remember how I was before, so now it's difficult.

Q. So was it frustrating on the court? Did you feel like this isn't really me. This is not how I play?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, of course. It's different, I mean, you remember how you used to run or you used to play, and now it's completely different story. It's difficult to get ‑‑ like, not to be sad right now, you know, to say like everything is fine. Of course, it's not. But, well, I guess you have to go through this time and through these matches.

really sad quote :sad:

ZIZOUILLE
May 30th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Terrible, just terrible :sad: :sad:

ys
May 30th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Nastya played a match. Nastya won a game. Nastya is not quitting. Things will only get better from now. Hope she goes straight to Surbiton. They'll be happy to see her there.

I remember Lena D. coming back from injury to play W in 2000. Nadya P. Bang! 6:1, 6:1.. And two months later - USO semis. 2 weeks later - Olympic medal. Keep your hope.

ys
May 30th, 2007, 01:46 PM
In a way, I am even glad it turned this way. I didn't want her to make a half-hearted comeback. I want My Champion back. If it would have worked right away, she might indeed have retired at the end of the year. Now, if she really wants it, if she does it the hard way, she won't let it go that easy, there will be no talk about retirement any time soon.. She is a Warrior. She used to have worse times. That wrist injury back in 1999-2000 was much, much worse.. Watch her play in Kremlin Cup final this fall again. Mark my words.

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 01:53 PM
"You can see that I'm moving like a big cow now, " :haha: :hug:

goldenlox
May 30th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Q. The fact that your boyfriend is on the men's tour, do you travel with him a little bit?
ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Who is that? Which one are you talking about (laughing)?
No, I don't have any boyfriend who is playing tennis. I have a lot of friends, seriously.

Q. Do the other women players show sympathy for you? Do they say, you know, they understand and feel badly for your problems?
ANASTASIA MYSKINA: You know, all of them smile to me. So it's nice. But you never know what they say behind your back.

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 02:02 PM
One damn toe can cause to much trouble!

Have it amputated or something.

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 02:03 PM
The video interview is only half..

And when that guy asked where did she have the operation, where abouts in Germany, she sounds pissed off with him.

cindy
May 30th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I love the interview! I guess i missed her interview more than her tennis!

frenchie
May 30th, 2007, 02:17 PM
OK I won't comment that one !

Nastya was not ready to come back
Thanks anyway for the quote of the year "I'm moving like a big cow!!"

AnnaK_4ever
May 30th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Vladas Tashev, Russian radio journalist and friend of Myskina, wrote on wtatour.ru:

'I'm 100% sure very soon Nastya will announce her retirement. Myskina is my favorite tennis player, I've never hidden this, and today I was watching the only match at RG, her match. It was strange feeling to see her on court 16, so far from main events but I'm glad the match hasn't been broadcasted and never will be. All who came - and the stands were packed - did understand what was going on...
She's moving bad and without movement Myskina is not herself and she realises this. Perhaps her touch, her court sense will never leave her but speed is not there and no one knows if it will ever return to her.
During one of bad rallies she screamed, "I hate this...", but what she hates sank into applause from other courts.
On the press-conference she was with wet eyes but smiling. Called herself 'big cow', told she's been living fantastic over the last months and added (laughing) she didn't know what she was doing here.
I don't want her to leave but she WILL quit and she's right, I think. She used to be winning and still wants to but there are plenty of things which don't allow her to do that nowadays.'

ARIANE 5
May 30th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Just :bigcry: :bigcry:

cindy
May 30th, 2007, 03:59 PM
on tv they just said that nastya wanted to retire but decided to play till next RG if she is not injured anymore
this is great and sad in the same time because it shows that she has in mind to stop her career...

sinterklaasje
May 30th, 2007, 04:49 PM
ouch!
I'd rather call it a crash than simply a loss
She can still work on her movement, I suppose she's a bit rusty after such a long time of inactivity. I hope she gives it another try.

Filippo-Nastya
May 30th, 2007, 04:55 PM
I knew that her chances of winning against Meghann were really slim after 5 months off but at least I hoped to hear good news about her physical condition and above all about her toe. What a nightmare...:sad:

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if she annouced her retierment. Then again, nothing surprises me anymore with Nastya.

goldenlox
May 30th, 2007, 05:03 PM
It sounds like her toe will always be a problem. If she can't play better than this, she won't win.

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 05:18 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/images/pics/large/b_g_myskina_0530.jpg

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 05:18 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/images/pics/large/b_g_myskina2_0530.jpg

ys
May 30th, 2007, 05:32 PM
It sounds like her toe will always be a problem. If she can't play better than this, she won't win.

When I had my ankle injury, playing first few matches was a really scary thing.. I thought I was about to roll it again, and actually I did.. a little bit.. You still remember the pain and you are afraid to move, especially in matches where you push it a little bit further than in practice. But it goes away, after you have few matches under you belt, few horrible, awful, very bad, bad, mediocre, and then, in sequence, few decent and good matches. But it goes away eventually. Don't trust Nastya in that "retriring after the next Roland Garros" stuff.. If she is back in winning busniess by then, there is no way I can see her retiring. If she feels she can't be back at her best, she'll go away earlier than that. Don't trust Russian journalists, whatever they say.. All of them are doomsayers, had always been.. I allow that watching todays match might have been depressing in a way.. But, most important, she is back on court, she wants to work and she wants to do well, and the only negative thing that I take from this match is, that chances are now, I won't see her in Stowe..

ARIANE 5
May 30th, 2007, 05:57 PM
When I had my ankle injury, playing first few matches was a really scary thing.. I thought I was about to roll it again, and actually I did.. a little bit.. You still remember the pain and you are afraid to move, especially in matches where you push it a little bit further than in practice. But it goes away, after you have few matches under you belt, few horrible, awful, very bad, bad, mediocre, and then, in sequence, few decent and good matches. But it goes away eventually. Don't trust Nastya in that "retriring after the next Roland Garros" stuff.. If she is back in winning busniess by then, there is no way I can see her retiring. If she feels she can't be back at her best, she'll go away earlier than that. Don't trust Russian journalists, whatever they say.. All of them are doomsayers, had always been.. I allow that watching todays match might have been depressing in a way.. But, most important, she is back on court, she wants to work and she wants to do well, and the only negative thing that I take from this match is, that chances are now, I won't see her in Stowe..

You are right, Nastya in her interview said that the pain is always there but yesterday it was ok and today in match it was bad, exactly what you said.I hope that she will still try, she must persist. I hope that she will not take the decision to stop too fast :sad:

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Nastya always says she loves Tennis. That will always stay. Her motivation and life outside the court is what may end her carrer.

Time will tell, we can speculate as much as we want.

auntie janie
May 30th, 2007, 08:23 PM

Great post, I agree completely. I see NBA players come back from injury and surgery, and sometimes it takes them a whole season to trust that body part again -- Tim Duncan a couple years ago, Amare Stoudemire -- now I realize it's the normal thing, so my immediate expectations post-surgeries are set low. As long as she's getting the go-ahead from the doctors and physios, she's got to keep at it -- slowly, slowly things will improve, just as you say.

I'm just glad she wants to play again! I wasn't sure she'd feel that way.

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 10:37 PM
"I will continue to do my best and then I will see at the end of the year," said Myskina. "

miffedmax
May 31st, 2007, 01:30 AM
But damn, she sure looked good . . .

Vacant
May 31st, 2007, 01:44 AM
But damn, she sure looked good . . .

And isn't that just as important? :lol: With Flavia and Myskina's performances today, I have to convinve myself this is true.

I am not optimistic about her future as a tennis player though...

slk45
May 31st, 2007, 04:55 AM
Nastya is known for her effortless movement (like a ballerina, one commentator said) on the court, but it takes a lot of effort before it seems effortless. Nastya noted the apprehension she felt in moving on the court (as the posters above have commented), and she has to overcome both the pain and the apprehension. Apprehension not only of pain, but of worsening the injury. If her toe doesn't heal so that she can recover her natural movement, she won't be able to continue playing.

So while you're there, Nastya, take a trip to Lourdes and pray for healing. And we will join you. :hug:

Almalyk
May 31st, 2007, 07:35 AM
The only thing about Nastya's performance I can say I enjoyed, was her interview afterwards. That fat cow comment was hillarious.

selyoink
May 31st, 2007, 12:04 PM
The only thing about Nastya's performance I can say I enjoyed, was her interview afterwards. That fat cow comment was hillarious.

Yes it was.

Demska
May 31st, 2007, 02:38 PM
Does anyone have the match on video?

ys
May 31st, 2007, 03:52 PM
The first set Sveta-Meg.. Sveta is not faring all that much better than Nastya at all..

AnnaK_4ever
May 31st, 2007, 04:04 PM
No, she is. It's 4-5 and she's on her serve.

MyskinaManiac
Jun 1st, 2007, 01:30 PM
Chin up Nastya.

Demska
Jun 4th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Is it just me or can no one access Anastasia's official russian site? :confused:

ZIZOUILLE
Jun 5th, 2007, 07:45 AM
It works for me but her unofficial site anastasia-myskina.com doesn't work.

Last news : Nastya has returned to Moscow on sunday, yesterday was at the doctor, nowadays she can't play, it is necessary a rate of physiotherapeutic procedures.

Concrete plans about participation in tournaments are not present :sad:

Almalyk
Jun 7th, 2007, 11:15 AM
I wonder if Nastya will participate in Wimbledon... If she does, I hope she will have a better showing than Paris. If she's not fit, i'd rather see her sitting in the stands, commentating and eat strawberries with cream... Although, that might not be on as she has described herself as "a big fat cow".

Demska
Jun 8th, 2007, 10:08 AM
I wonder if she'll play Eastbourne :shrug:

selyoink
Jun 8th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I wonder if she will ever play again.

saint2
Jun 8th, 2007, 01:23 PM
I wonder if she will ever play again.

If she is fighter she will play..I cant imagine her retire now, in this year...

Demska
Jun 11th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Nastya's now ranked no. 76 now.

Can't begin to imagine what it will be after Eastbourne, Wimbledon and Stockholm.

Anyone care to enlighten me? I'd think in the 200's..

selyoink
Jun 11th, 2007, 12:40 PM
She will be lower than that I would suspect. All she would have is first round losses at about 6 tournaments.

Vacant
Jun 11th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Yup, she'll barely have any points at all unless she starts to get some wins.

Demska
Jun 11th, 2007, 06:07 PM

Nastya got paid almost $18,000 for what she did in Paris.

38mins work for $18,000. :devil:

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 11th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Myskina will be around #140 after Eastbourne, #300-310 after Wimbledon, #850-900 after Stockholm.

miffedmax
Jun 11th, 2007, 06:13 PM
$18,000?

Man, back in the day when they fined you for "audible obscenities" tennis would have been a break even proposition for our dear Nastya.

goldenlox
Jun 11th, 2007, 06:14 PM
You get paid for being in the main draw. A lot of players can't get their ranking up, and would love a main draw spot.

Demska
Jun 11th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Myskina will be around #140 after Eastbourne, #300-310 after Wimbledon, #850-900 after Stockholm.

:devil:

ys
Jun 12th, 2007, 03:25 PM
According to Eurosport Russia, Nastya quit her TV program and is fully rededicating herself to tennis.

http://www.eurosport.ru/tennis/tpfullpage_sto1208844.shtml

I hope it is true :bounce: It could as well be some old news published now..

I have a little dream.. I want to see Nastya in Stowe. In any quality, team member, hitting partner, anything.

azmad_88
Jun 12th, 2007, 03:42 PM
she wants to come back stronger and i think she can do it if she is mentally commited..hope to see her at eastbourne

ys
Jun 12th, 2007, 05:14 PM
:sad: F!!@##$^%!!! :sad:

No Wimbledon.. :sad::sad::sad::sad:

miffedmax
Jun 12th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Hah! Obviously my threats to dump her for Sesil have had their effect. All part of my cunning plan . . .

tiptop
Jun 12th, 2007, 06:51 PM
:sad: F!!@##$^%!!! :sad:

No Wimbledon.. :sad::sad::sad::sad:

Not that surprised actually. Let's hope she comes back stonger than ever. She will need a lot of dedication to get the ranking up again...

selyoink
Jun 13th, 2007, 02:28 AM
Now that her ranking will be gone we will see if she really wants to keep playing.

frenchie
Jun 13th, 2007, 05:38 AM
why did she come back at RG if she withdraws from Wimbledon now!

Come back or quit ??

Demska
Jun 13th, 2007, 10:14 AM
According to Eurosport Russia, Nastya quit her TV program and is fully rededicating herself to tennis.

I have a little dream.. I want to see Nastya in Stowe. In any quality, team member, hitting partner, anything.

:eek: :eek: If that is true that's the best news I've heard all year.

I'm glad she missed Wimbledon and Eastbourne. Judging by her FO performance, nastya isn't ready for the tour. guys, another 61 60 score isn't going to be good for nastya and for us at all. delay the premature comeback at wimbledon and get fully fit and kick ass hot pants Nastya mode ready for US Open, maybe even US Open Series.

Like I said, if that Eurosport article is true, then great. I don't think the ranking will bother her. She can get WC's without a problem, and even if she does have to qualify, she could kick ass anyway. Man, Nastya a qualifier...:scratch:

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 13th, 2007, 11:23 AM
One of Russian TV-guides, "Antenna", wrote Ilya Averbukh (silver medalist of Salt Lake City Olympics in figure skating and producer of the show) confirmed Myskina to perform on "Stars on Ice" TV-show... :shrug:

denine
Jun 13th, 2007, 12:16 PM
One of Russian TV-guides, "Antenna", wrote Ilya Averbukh (silver medalist of Salt Lake City Olympics in figure skating and producer of the show) confirmed Myskina to perform on "Stars on Ice" TV-show... :shrug:

"Stars on Ice"?!?!?! :confused: :tape:

Vacant
Jun 13th, 2007, 12:19 PM

Oh dear....

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 13th, 2007, 12:41 PM
"Stars on Ice"?!?!?! :confused: :tape:

I mean in Russian it's called "Stars on Ice", it's an analog of British "Dancing on Ice" TV contest show.
It's not a Pro figure skating circuit, of course (if that is what has confused you...) :lol:

P.S.

Well, it's only a paper's article, nothing official so far. But who knows???

selyoink
Jun 13th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Well if she is doing that it is safe to say she is finished with tennis.

miffedmax
Jun 13th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Nastya, I know your flightly illogic is part of your charm, but jumping around on the ice CAN HARDLY BE CONDUSIVE TO HEALING A FOOT INJURY.

Let's hope its a rumor. Although if it isn't, the vids better make it here.

Demska
Jun 13th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Wait Wait Wait...I've done Ice Skating and I got cramps in my foot after about one hour.

nastya had an operation 4 months ago and is gonna do it?

Nastya :hug:

Lets hope they are false rumors.

ZIZOUILLE
Jun 13th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I hope it's false, because if it's true :mad: :smash: :help:

denine
Jun 13th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I mean in Russian it's called "Stars on Ice", it's an analog of British "Dancing on Ice" TV contest show.
It's not a Pro figure skating circuit, of course (if that is what has confused you...) :lol:

P.S.

Well, it's only a paper's article, nothing official so far. But who knows???

yeah i know. im just confused over why she would do something like that :lol: hope its not true anyhow.

ys
Jun 13th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Well if she is doing that it is safe to say she is finished with tennis.

I would agree then.. Sad to see her go.. I am not interested in Anastasiya the skater. Good luck to her, but I don't care about this stuff..

cindy
Jun 13th, 2007, 04:21 PM
if nastya does skating while sasha cohen does not...:rolleyes:
I don't know what to think anymore...it's getting a lil bit too strange for my brain...

Bubba08
Jun 13th, 2007, 05:16 PM
It's getting tired to love this insane girl.

slk45
Jun 14th, 2007, 03:51 AM
You know what? That rollercoaster's still going. Only now she's got her fans on it without having to play tennis!!! :crazy:

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 14th, 2007, 10:07 PM
I have missed it but one of the posters on wtatour.ru decided to check another (how you say?) volume? of "Our football" TV show and found there... Nastya. So she is back to TV-hosting! Big congrats!

Demska
Jun 14th, 2007, 10:19 PM
The rollercoaster continues.

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 16th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Brief news: Myskina is not expected to play for the rest of this season.

'More to follow' (:lol: journalism) within an hour or so after her interview to Radio Mayak.

ARIANE 5
Jun 16th, 2007, 06:29 PM
The retirement of Nastya is not a surprise. She likes her new life. It's her choice, it's her life. We don't have the right to criticize her even if I don't like the end of her career. :bigcry:

Bye bye Nastya :wavey: and thanks :hug:

Demska
Jun 16th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Nastya hasn't retired.

ARIANE 5
Jun 16th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Nastya hasn't retired.

I like your optimism. I hope you are right, with Nastya everything is possible, but this time...:rolleyes:

Demska
Jun 16th, 2007, 08:17 PM
I like your optimism. I hope you are right, with Nastya everything is possible, but this time...:rolleyes:

Well, it's just a fact, no? :shrug:

If your a real, true Nastya fan you will believe she'll return until she announces her retirement. When or if she does, I'll accept it, and wish her all the best from my heart. But until then, Nastya is a professional tennis player.

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 17th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Reporter: "Will you ever announce your retirement or you prefer to quit silently like Kafelnikov did?"
Myskina: "No, I won't announce my retirement".

miffedmax
Jun 17th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Nastya. As constant as the weather.

If she's going to host football, the Fox Soccer Channel needs to sign her up for US coverage of Russian football.

ZIZOUILLE
Jun 18th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Poor Nastya, I hope that she will have motivation to come back in 2008.
I think that her decision will depend on her job on TV. If she has an interesting proposition on TV for next year :help:

Please Nastya come back, you can't finish your career like this :awww:

sinterklaasje
Jun 18th, 2007, 06:35 PM
stupid question, but does she actually know anything about soccer or is she just making a fool of herself? I just can't see her on TV hosting a soccer programme/show.

I hope she will be bored of this TV-show very soon :devil:
maybe that will make her miss tennis and make her hungry for more tennis successes in the future.

Grass season without Nastya :bigcry:

Demska
Jun 18th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Is it me of can noone access her official russian site?

I can get to the powerpoint thingy with "Game set match Myskina", but when I click to enter nothing loads and it freezes?

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 18th, 2007, 11:58 PM
stupid question, but does she actually know anything about soccer or is she just making a fool of herself?

The latter.

She is much more successful at co-hosting weekly sport review on one of the satellite channels.

miffedmax
Jun 19th, 2007, 01:43 AM
If Nastya is making a fool of herself doing soccer commentary, then she's just like every other commentator. I've yet to hear one who wasn't an ass.

And Nastya's cuter than most.

But I wish her well with all her endeavors. Even tennis if she ever gets around to it again.

frenchie
Jun 19th, 2007, 08:43 AM
I always try to be optimistic but this time it could be the end of her tennis career!

such a sad period!

Foot's Fingers
Jun 19th, 2007, 09:01 AM
pffffffffff

so sad news

i can't beleive she will exit so early

ZIZOUILLE
Jun 19th, 2007, 09:09 AM
There is always a small hope if her toe goes better in some months, she will perhaps try to come back on court in 2008 :unsure:

With Nastya everything is possible :rolleyes:

Derek.
Jun 21st, 2007, 03:43 AM
Gosh, I miss her so much. :sad:

miffedmax
Jun 22nd, 2007, 02:23 AM
Dammit, I'm sitting here watching Mexico Guadaloupe and thinking how much better it would be if Nastya was doing the commentary.

cindy
Jun 22nd, 2007, 11:03 AM
to quit like that is not the best way...I hope she'll come back anyway but i must confess i don't realy believe she will...

Demska
Jun 23rd, 2007, 10:45 PM
Nastya now ranked #126 as Eastbourne final points have been taken off.

Demska
Jun 23rd, 2007, 10:49 PM

:p

miffedmax
Jun 24th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I think Nastya should be doing Gold Cup commentary in the US.

goldenlox
Jun 25th, 2007, 04:17 PM
The Tennis Channel is showing highlights of 2005 Fed Cup this hour, and they just showed points from Nastya beating Venus and Craybas.
Nastya was so good then, and it's less than 2 years ago.

Demska
Jun 25th, 2007, 09:58 PM
June 24th 2007: Anastasia confirmed she had reinjured her foot at the French Open and that she would not be training for months, she will resume her work on Russian tv for now. She does not want to officially retire in case one day...

selyoink
Jun 25th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Its all over. If the toe is as bad as she makes it out to be then I don't know if it will ever heal. As soon as she plays one match it starts hurting again.

And if it is not as bad as she says then she just doesn't want to go through the rigors of the tour anymore.

Vacant
Jun 25th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Fuck. :(

Well I guess we all saw it coming...

miffedmax
Jun 26th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Nastya managed to pack more fun, excitement and entertainment into the four years I followed her than most players will in four times that.

I think she's pretty much done. But what a great ride on the roller coaster while it lasted.

Demska
Jun 26th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I'm not calling it time yet. Some of you can, but I'm not.

frenchie
Jun 27th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I still believe she'll come back too!

I don't care about the results I just want to see her on a tennis court again