PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87

goldenlox
Jan 2nd, 2007, 06:43 PM
She might have felt pain early, and maybe it hurt her focus.
Then she has to retire, and not play 3 sets.

ARIANE 5
Jan 2nd, 2007, 06:58 PM
Nastya always finished her matches even on one leg. She is like that.

miffedmax
Jan 2nd, 2007, 07:00 PM
No official withdrawal yet, anything can happen. And Nastya going to Moscow doesn't mean to me that she won't play the AO: she's never been a school example of logical reasoning and good decision-making. We'll see in a couple of days. All I hope is that this loss doesn't affect her motivation and confidence too much. She mamanged to win an exhibition tournament not so long ago, so hopefully she can take a few good things from those 2 matches (I know, it's only exhibition, but still) and build on those wins to regain her spot among the top players.

Only three days in, ladies and gentlemen, and we already have the UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR!!:bounce: :lol: ;)

manu32
Jan 2nd, 2007, 09:44 PM
Nastya always finished her matches even on one leg. She is like that.

tu as raison.....elle est très classe en la matière.....mais il semble qu'elle a déclaré forfait pour AO donc elle a un problème....

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 2nd, 2007, 09:51 PM
as i've put elsewhere, Nastya officially has withdrawn :bigcry: :sad:

worst case scenario: with that injury (keeps coming back) she might have to miss all hard court season and not be back until after Miami.

the cat
Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:05 PM
Oh Nastya. :( :hug: Movement is her game so Nastya has to be healthy and able to move well to play good tennis. This is such a dissapointing start to the new year for her.

sinterklaasje
Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
oooooh Nastya :hug:

:sad: :crying2:
But playing while injured is total madness, so she probably made the right decision. Get well soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

goldenlox
Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:33 PM
It's the only decision. It means her ranking will fall.

Vacant
Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:37 PM
It's obviously what is best for her, but :bigcry:

All of my three faves are fighting injuries to be fit for Australian. :(

Get well soon Nastya. :hug:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:42 PM
Nooooooooooo :sad: :sad:

Well , I believe in Nastya ... She is my Fantasy WTA team :rocker2:

martirogi
Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:57 PM
nastya :sad:

what will her ranking be if she misses until indian wells. still inside the top 50 i hope. :scared:

selyoink
Jan 3rd, 2007, 05:09 AM
Not sure what her ranking will be but it won't be good. Especially if she were to miss Miami.

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2007, 08:59 AM
Nothing good will come out of this. Her health, her confidence, her ranking...
All she can do is relax and get healthy, then start training again.

ARIANE 5
Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:53 AM
So sad for her :sad: but it's the good decision.
For me it will be a boring AO now :bigcry:
Get well soon Nastya :hug:

slk45
Jan 3rd, 2007, 10:18 AM
nastya :sad:

what will her ranking be if she misses until indian wells. still inside the top 50 i hope. :scared:
Nastya has 348 pts to defend from AO thru IW. Missing all those alone will drop her to 652 pts, and #30 position, disregarding other players' movement.

Bubba08
Jan 3rd, 2007, 10:43 AM
:sad:

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2007, 11:11 AM
Actually, I thought about it, and there are some good things about this.
Nastya can spend Christmas with her family. It's this week.
And she can get her whole body healthy.
She has time to decide if she wants to go back into heavy training again.

So from a personal perspective, it's some time at home that she wouldn't have normally.

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 3rd, 2007, 12:58 PM
Nastya has 348 pts to defend from AO thru IW. Missing all those alone will drop her to 652 pts, and #30 position, disregarding other players' movement.

after AUO - 904 - #20-22
after Tokyo - 770 - #25
after Doha/Dubai - 742 - #26
after Indian Wells/Miami - 610 - #35-40

And these ^ are the optimistic scenarios.

But all these calculations mean very little in fact. The only thing which matters is whether Nastya wants to play or not. I believe she doesn't. She told she was training hard during off-season. But what I saw was her attending numerous TV and radio shows and turning into celebrity in the worst meaning of this word.

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:13 PM
She might retire. I thought she would at the end of 2007, but this injury might be the end.
What's the point of coming back unless you are 100% devoted?
This is a difficult sport. There is no guarantee Nastya will stay healthy, and play well if she comes back.

ARIANE 5
Jan 3rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
I think currently the problem is not her ranking but her health and after her motivation. We are not obliged to fire on the ambulance :help: :(

Bubba08
Jan 3rd, 2007, 04:08 PM
after AUO - 904 - #20-22
after Tokyo - 770 - #25
after Doha/Dubai - 742 - #26
after Indian Wells/Miami - 610 - #35-40

And these ^ are the optimistic scenarios.

But all these calculations mean very little in fact. The only thing which matters is whether Nastya wants to play or not. I believe she doesn't. She told she was training hard during off-season. But what I saw was her attending numerous TV and radio shows and turning into celebrity in the worst meaning of this word.
We already got your point, change the disc.

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 3rd, 2007, 04:49 PM
We already got your point, change the disc.

Don't see why I should do this :confused:

ARIANE 5
Jan 3rd, 2007, 05:01 PM
I think that Bubba08 wants to say that you are always negative when you speak about Nastya, rarely a nice word. That's all.

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 3rd, 2007, 05:22 PM
I think that Bubba08 wants to say that you are always negative when you speak about Nastya, rarely a nice word. That's all.

It's not true. I just operate with the facts. Natsya has been a great player and will go down to the history as the Russian women tennis pioneer. But I refuse to praise someone who doesn't deserve to be praised at the moment (in fact in the last two years).

selyoink
Jan 3rd, 2007, 05:28 PM
I'll just be happy to see her oncourt one more time. If this is a serious injury though then I think it is probably the end.

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Right now, I hope Nastya enjoys Christmas with her family.
And when she comes back, she has to give full effort, and really try her best every day, so her comeback is successful.

ARIANE 5
Jan 3rd, 2007, 05:41 PM
It's not true. I just operate with the facts. Natsya has been a great player and will go down to the history as the Russian women tennis pioneer. But I refuse to praise someone who doesn't desreve to be praised at the moment (in fact in the last two years).
It's your point of view, no problem, but in 2005 her mother was very ill and last year ok she didn't play very well but after Stockholm she was injury.

sinterklaasje
Jan 3rd, 2007, 06:02 PM
It's not true. I just operate with the facts. Natsya has been a great player and will go down to the history as the Russian women tennis pioneer. But I refuse to praise someone who doesn't deserve to be praised at the moment (in fact in the last two years).

I don't know whether she's motivated or not. The last two years were not as good as 2003 and 2004, this is indeed a fact. But I can't blame her for the 2005-season. She had to deal with the illness of her mother: some players can, others can't handle it (in terms of being able to play good tennis while you're distracted off-court). Nastya obviously couldn't, but that's a normal and human reaction to me. The 2006-season wasn't splendid either, but I had the feeling she was improving a bit 'till she got injured (I was actually very pleased with her RG, Eastbourne (did you see the final? I did and I saw relief in Justine's eyes after matchpoint, cause she got outplayed many times)and Wimbledon run, she also did well at WTT). And in those 2 years - which we call horrible - she ended up in the top 20 of the race to the YEC. That means that there are only about 15 players who had a better season than Nastya, and that there are many many players who would kill for a season like Nastya's 2005 and 2006 season. Of course she can do a lot better and it's quite frustrating to see she's wasting her talents and potential, but I guess that's life. I don't know what the future will bring, but I don't see her ending up like Dokic. I can still see her winning matches, once she's fit again. Anyway, I'd like to see her on court again, even if she's not winning. It would be sad if she gave up, she's too young to retire.

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 3rd, 2007, 06:10 PM
I do not want Myskina to become a mediocrity, though she has already become the one, unfortunately. For those athletes who once have been on the top there is no alternative but always to be compared to the sport's bests and themselves' best. And if you can't answer these expectations you should leave unless you are the huge talent who if motivated can rebound by one's own wish (read: Serena) or you desperately need money. Two years (regardless of any kind of excuses because every person has one's personal and health issues) is way too long period of time to pretend it's just a bad luck or misfortune.

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2007, 06:23 PM
I think Dokic is broke, or near it.
Nastya won't become like Dokic. But she might retire, especially if she gets another injury when she trains again.

ARIANE 5
Jan 3rd, 2007, 06:23 PM
[quote=sinterklaasje]I don't know whether she's motivated or not. The last two years were not as good as 2003 and 2004, this is indeed a fact. But I can't blame her for the 2005-season. She had to deal with the illness of her mother: some players can, others can't handle it (in terms of being able to play good tennis while you're distracted off-court). Nastya obviously couldn't, but that's a normal and human reaction to me. The 2006-season wasn't splendid either, but I had the feeling she was improving a bit 'till she got injured (I was actually very pleased with her RG, Eastbourne (did you see the final? I did and I saw relief in Justine's eyes after matchpoint, cause she got outplayed many times)and Wimbledon run, she also did well at WTT). And in those 2 years - which we call horrible - she ended up in the top 20 of the race to the YEC. That means that there are only about 15 players who had a better season than Nastya, and that there are many many players who would kill for a season like Nastya's 2005 and 2006 season. Of course she can do a lot better and it's quite frustrating to see she's wasting her talents and potential, but I guess that's life. I don't know what the future will bring, but I don't see her ending up like Dokic. I can still see her winning matches, once she's fit again. Anyway, I'd like to see her on court again, even if she's not winning. It would be sad if she gave up, she's too young to retire.

Agree with you :yeah: :hug:

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2007, 06:29 PM
She's young, but she's put her body through 20 years of hard work.
You are going to see players retire young, especially the ones with money.
That's because this is a very hard job, with a lot of frustrations.

miffedmax
Jan 3rd, 2007, 07:40 PM
I hope she can come back. The WTA would be much poorer without her.

Pierce, Clijsters, Capriati, Davenport and others struggled with injuries during various points in their careers, and all returned to be very competitive players.

But Nastya will have to do whatever she thinks is best.

goldenlox
Jan 4th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Right now, Nastya is off the tour
http://www.sportnetwork.net/smileys2/spacecraft.gif

slk45
Jan 4th, 2007, 04:16 AM

:lol: Cute.

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 4th, 2007, 04:56 AM
This night (Moscow time) Nastya was on Russian TV ("Mother and daughter" weekly programme). The mother, Galina, was telling what a fighter her daughter was and how they were lucky to find Jens who could temper Nastya's character and emotions. Nastya, on other hand, sounded pretty indifferent describing her previous injuries issues and how she wanted to leave the sport in 2001 when she kept losing but did realize she had to train hard and hope for the better times.
They showed her training session (which was taped most probably in December). She smiled a lot while hitting the ball and once fell on the court when trying to return a serve (I hope it wasn't when she re-injuried her toe).
Overall she was not very enthusiastic but looked stunning - that's for sure!

cindy
Jan 4th, 2007, 11:37 AM
thx for the report of the tv show annaK 4ever it must have been a nice one
about the fact that nastya "was not very enthusiastic" I think it is quite normal...she uses to look bored when she is on tv ;)

goldenlox
Jan 4th, 2007, 11:51 AM
What should she be enthusiastic about? She wants to play tennis now.

miffedmax
Jan 4th, 2007, 03:26 PM
This night (Moscow time) Nastya was on Russian TV ("Mother and daughter" weekly programme). The mother, Galina, was telling what a fighter her daughter was and how they were lucky to find Jens who could temper Nastya's character and emotions.

Imagine what Nastya must be like with Jens to "temper" her!
:lol: :eek:

I hope she can fight through this and knows she has the support of her many fans.

the cat
Jan 4th, 2007, 05:10 PM

GL, you have quite an imagination. :yeah: On Star Trek they beam people up to the ship. I see you've been watching Star Trek on TVLand recently. ;)

If it's best for Nastya not to play again until the clay court season in April then so be it. She needs to let this toe problem heal to 100% healthy. Then resume training and practicing. And it might be safer for Anastasia to skip the hard court season and return during the clay court season which would be a good surface for her to play on and test her injured toe.

slk45
Jan 5th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Merry Christmas to Nastya and all her fans!! :hug: :wavey: :aparty:

Emptiness
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:33 PM
The beginning of the end is NEAR! :crazy:

All we can do is wait and see what happens..

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Nastya, mostly in Sydney. It's not new, but some may not have seen this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXeU1sm047A&mode=related&search=

Almalyk
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Poor Nastya... this will be the first slam she has missed since god knows how long... If your going to come back Nastya, don't do it before you are 100%

goldenlox
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Wertheim is an idiot.

Does Anastasia Myskina have the credentials for the Hall of Fame if her career ended today? I love her game and I hope she wins another major soon when she's totally healthy.
-- Keith J., Minneapolis, Minn.
Even a terminal softie like me has to draw the line somewhere. I like her game too, but, boy those are some slim credentials. One Slam (and, though no fault of her own, she did not exactly take down a world-beater in the final). No other major finals. No top ranking. Only nine other titles. I'm not only voting "nyet" here, I'm going a step further: letting Myskina in (again, with no credentials beyond today) is basically saying, "Anyone with a solitary Slam gets in."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/jon_wertheim/01/09/new.bag/

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 10th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Who cares what Americans think?
Me don't give a sh*t on whether Nastya or any other player will be inducted or not.
Hall of what?

miffedmax
Jan 10th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks, john, for slamming both my faves in one sentence.

I agree Nastya is borderline, but I think the fact she made history as the first Russian woman to win a slam and a Fed Cup elevates her above other one-slam winners and puts her in.

slk45
Jan 11th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Thanks, john, for slamming both my faves in one sentence.

I agree Nastya is borderline, but I think the fact she made history as the first Russian woman to win a slam and a Fed Cup elevates her above other one-slam winners and puts her in.Amen!! :yeah:

Who cares what Americans think?
Me don't give a sh*t on whether Nastya or any other player will be inducted or not.
Hall of what?Wertheim does not represent "Americans." :(
Nastya has lots of American fans.

selyoink
Jan 11th, 2007, 05:27 AM
I don't think Nastya is hall of fame worthy myself. Winning one slam shouldn't be enough to get in. Granted she did more than that but she never made it past the QFs at any other slam. I don't think she has enough credentials.

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Sabatini got in. She was like 1-20 against Graf. And what was her best ranking.
Nastya was 2004 POY, and reached #2.

selyoink
Jan 11th, 2007, 02:57 PM
I don't think one great year should be enough for a player to get in and Nastya only had one great year. She had a very good 2003 but it wasn't a great season.

slk45
Jan 11th, 2007, 04:20 PM
AO seeds are out, but there's a glaring omission in the list. :sad:

selyoink
Jan 12th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Looking over a new grand slam draw for the first time isn't as much fun when you know Nastya's not in the draw. :bigcry:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 12th, 2007, 11:00 AM
GS without Nastya :bigcry:

Missing

ZIZOUILLE
Jan 12th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Depressing :sad:

cindy
Jan 12th, 2007, 05:46 PM
no nastya is the draw and no andrei pavel...this will be a realy realy bad GS!!!!

goldenlox
Jan 12th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Nastya is getting healthy again. The way she played against Dulko, she's wan't going to win a round. She has to get healthy.

miffedmax
Jan 13th, 2007, 02:32 AM
It's just not the same without her Nastyness.

ys
Jan 13th, 2007, 03:15 AM
From what I've heard .. injury is only a minor part of the problem.. Motivation is a problem.. People say that while she was healthy , she barely practiced in offseason.. just few hours a week.. I am afraid, her heart is no longer in the game.. :(

goldenlox
Jan 13th, 2007, 03:18 AM
She won those exhibitions in Austria...
This time off will give her a chance to think about things.

slk45
Jan 13th, 2007, 06:51 AM
:sad: Come back, Nastya! :hug:
I want to see you in San Diego!! :smooch:

MyskinaManiac
Jan 13th, 2007, 08:07 AM
From what I've heard .. injury is only a minor part of the problem.. Motivation is a problem.. People say that while she was healthy , she barely practiced in offseason.. just few hours a week.. I am afraid, her heart is no longer in the game.. :(

Do you have evidence? I mean, why would she train hours on end in the off season when she's just got over an injury... she needed to just slip back into things, which unfortunately didn't happen. Fatal mistake playing in Aukland, she should have just gone straight to the AO, of which would have given her another week to let her tow recover; who knows, she may not have reinjured it. She wasted a play down too... but who cares now, she can come back into the top 20 Panetta style; playing down the whole year. Best of luck Nastya.

frenchie
Jan 13th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Nastya is not scheduled to play Tokyo, Paris and Antwerp
she may return in Dubai

goldenlox
Jan 13th, 2007, 02:09 PM
It might be longer than that. Depends on her toe.

ARIANE 5
Jan 13th, 2007, 02:17 PM
I think she will play in march or april not before. But I hope to be wrong :rolleyes:

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 13th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Tarpischev said the treatment would take at least 2 months...

frenchie
Jan 13th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Tarpischev said the treatment would take at least 2 months...

2 months:eek:
she could come back for IW or Miami or come back on clay which is less traumatizing for her body

selyoink
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:18 AM
2 months is a while. I wonder if she even thinks it is worth it to comeback anymore.

goldenlox
Jan 22nd, 2007, 03:53 PM
The Melbourne Sun reported that Anastasia Myskina is engaged to ATP player Jurgen Melzer...

Dzung
Jan 22nd, 2007, 05:09 PM
what??? that's huge...if it's true

martirogi
Jan 22nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

is that a reputable newspaper or a tabloid?

iine:
Jan 22nd, 2007, 07:36 PM
The Melbourne Sun reported that Anastasia Myskina is engaged to ATP player Jurgen Melzer...

No way!! :eek: Congrats I guess. :unsure:

miffedmax
Jan 22nd, 2007, 08:09 PM
We'll know it's true when Nastya denies it.

I think. You just never know with that girl.

Bubba08
Jan 22nd, 2007, 08:16 PM
What about us Nastya? :sad: :mad:

:p

Her private life is the only part of her life where there's always something to say. :unsure:

Almalyk
Jan 22nd, 2007, 08:53 PM
If it's true - CONGRATS Nastya!

manu32
Jan 22nd, 2007, 09:22 PM

in french newspaper "l'equipe":

Certains observateurs ont cru voir Anastasia Myskina traîner dans les couloirs de la Rod Laver Arena en début de semaine dernière. La WTA a beau leur dire que c'était sûrement dans leurs rêves, ils persistent et signent. Mais pourquoi aurait-elle fait le déplacement, puisqu'elle ne jouait pas à Melbourne ? Bon sang, mais c'est bien sûr : il se murmure que la championne de Roland-Garros 2004 serait carrément fiancée à l'Autrichien Jürgen Melzer , battu au deuxième tour par Tommy Robredo !

nastya was in melbourne to support Melzer???

goldenlox
Jan 22nd, 2007, 10:19 PM
I can't believe she made that long trip to Melbourne just to watch.
It's possible, but I don't believe it until I see more proof.

selyoink
Jan 23rd, 2007, 02:23 AM
Seems a little too early for an engagement.

But if its true congrats to Nastya.

Number19
Jan 23rd, 2007, 06:16 AM
Fuck. My day just got worse.

denine
Jan 23rd, 2007, 11:15 AM
what?!?! :eek:

frenchie
Jan 23rd, 2007, 11:59 AM
WTF Nastya!!!
things went sooo fast (if it's true!)

miffedmax
Jan 23rd, 2007, 02:07 PM
It's Nastya, so who knows if it's true, or how long it will last. It's not like her pic is in the dictionary next to "levelheaded" or "consistant."

ARIANE 5
Jan 23rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
Currently they are only rumours and only rumours :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Jan 24th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Rumors in one paper. Nothing to pay attention to

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 25th, 2007, 05:40 AM
On her web-site it is said Nastya is currently in Germany undergoing treatment on her injury.

goldenlox
Jan 25th, 2007, 03:11 PM
She's still a long way from playing again.

miffedmax
Jan 25th, 2007, 04:09 PM
On her web-site it is said Nastya is currently in Germany undergoing treatment on her injury.

I can see it now . . .

NASTYA IS SITTING ON THE COUCH, HER FOOT PROPPED UP ON A STACK OF PILLOWS. A BOX OF DONUTS SITS ON HER TUMMY, EMPTY MCDONALDS SACKS ON THE FLOOR.

SHE IS WATCHING THE AUSSIE OPEN.

NASTYA:
Jens!! Jens!! Where is that fucker? This place is a fucking mess.

TV ANNCR:
And now, Maria Sharapova takes on Kim Clijsters . . .

NASTYA:
Augggh! That skinny Americanized bee-yatch! I'll kill her. I'll fucking kill her when I'm better. I WAS THE FUCKING FIRST, YOU BIMBO! You're just a cheap, blonde version of me! I fucking own you H2H!

THE MATCH STARTS. NASTYA CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE AND STARTS THROWING DONUTS AT THE TV.

NASTYA:
Fed Cup! You? Ha! Oh, fuck. What have I done?

JENS! JENS! I'm out of fucking donuts!!! JEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNSSSSSS!

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 25th, 2007, 08:06 PM
:haha:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 26th, 2007, 07:43 AM
:lol:

Bubba08
Jan 26th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I read the same thing. :eek:

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2007, 04:57 PM
One of Nastya's former coaches, Svyatoslav Mirza, passed away. Here's an article with a few quotes from Mirza

Humble Birthplace of the Stars

A shabby tennis school just outside the center of Moscow is an unlikely training ground for the Russian tennis queens of today and tomorrow.

By Daniel McLaughlin
Photographs by Luke Tchalenko and Paul Zimmer

http://www.passportmagazine.ru/workdir/photos/15_2.jpgIt is emerging as one of the world’s premiere tennis schools, yet Moscow’s Spartak training center still has the air of a Soviet summer camp.
Tattered flags flutter above the cabins that dot this wooded swathe of Sokolniki Park, and leaves spiral unhindered onto the sun-dappled courts below. It would be an idyllic corner of northeast Moscow, if not for the sobs and screams of young tennis hopefuls trying to burst into Russia’s growing galaxy of stars.
There is no fancy equipment here, no world-class gym or carefully groomed courts. Yet Spartak has quietly honed the skills of a peerless generation of female talent, laying the groundwork for this year’s spectacular run of Russian success. Three of the four women’s Grand Slams in 2004 have been won by young Russians, and another Spartak graduate was the runner-up in two of those.
“I feel very proud for Russian girls and for Russian tennis,” said Spartak alum Elena Dementyeva after losing the finals at the U.S. Open. “It’s a miracle to me that three Russian girls won three Grand Slams and I was in two finals.”
There were nine Russian women among the 32 seeds for the U.S. Open, more than from any other single country and, with youth on their side, they look set to be a force in the game for years to come. Tennis experts agree that their emergence, not to mention that of the woman who blazed the Russian trail, Anna Kournikova, springs from a Soviet system predicated on discipline and an almost ruthless drive to succeed.
http://www.passportmagazine.ru/workdir/photos/13_3.jpg“The roots of today’s system are still in the Soviet one,” says Konstantin Bogoroditsky, who spent 20 years coaching the Soviet and Russian women’s tennis teams. “Unlike in the West, we make children specialize very quickly in sport. By 10 or 11, children already concentrate on just one sport, to try and make them into champions. And it is easier with the women than the men. The men’s game is tougher, and the competition more fierce, and it takes them longer to come through, demanding more cash and more patience.”

Svyatoslav Mirza, a trainer for 30 years, and colleague Elena Nikishikhina are two of the few who know how Russia’s women have managed to amaze the world. Under the shady trees at Spartak, putting their latest charges through their paces, they share their impressions of two Spartak alumni, Dementyeva and Anastasia Myskina, who fought out the French Open final in Paris this year.
“Nastya was always sharp, supple, and quick, but you couldn’t tell quite how far she’d go,” Mirza said of Myskina, who ultimately beat Dementyeva with some ease at Roland Garros.

“They were very different girls,” recalled Nikishikhina of the two players, who practiced and competed together as children along with Kournikova. “People said you could lock Dementyeva in the practice hall and she’d just get on with what you’d told her to do. She was always good, always dedicated and hardworking. “Myskina was different: she sees the court so well, but is sometimes up and sometimes down; she was superb in Paris, though.”
But despite the success and growing fame of Spartak – where the nation’s topranked male player Marat Safin still occasionally practices and his sister, Dinara, works out with their mother, a leading coach – Russia still lacks a defined career path for young players.

Russia’s Golden Girls
http://www.passportmagazine.ru/workdir/photos/g1.jpg

Anastasia Myskina
Current World Ranking: 2
2003 Kremlin Cup Champion
2004 French Open Champion
http://www.passportmagazine.ru/workdir/photos/g2.jpg

Svetlana Kuznetsova
Current World Ranking: 5
2003 Canadian Open doubles winner with Martina Navratilova
2004 US Open Champion
http://www.passportmagazine.ru/workdir/photos/g3.jpg

Elena Dementyeva
Current World Ranking: 6
Silver medalist at 2000 Olympic
2004 French Open Runner-up
2004 U.S. Open Runner-up
http://www.passportmagazine.ru/workdir/photos/g4].jpg

Maria Sharapova
Current World Ranking: 9
2004 Wimbledon Champion

“Russia is still without a system of finding the best talent, bringing it together and using the best trainers and facilities to develop it,” Mirza said. “In the Soviet days we used to go to schools looking for the best players, but not any more. Now it is up to parents and trainers to find funding for their child.” In this huge country that means getting young players to Moscow fast and tapping into the massive wealth concentrated here.
“After the Soviet Union collapsed, people realized they would get little state help and that sport could perhaps be profitable,” says Alexei Nikolayev of sports management firm SFX. “Parents started to push their kids through and many invested everything in their children’s talent. It was like their last hope. But for someone outside Moscow with talent there can be huge problems, and it is very hard to build a career. Nine out of 10 promising players are probably lost in the provinces,” said Nikolayev, who works with Vera Zvonareva, the world No. 14. “We only see the results of those that come through, and they are pretty amazing – you can only imagine what we could do with a proper system.”
If a young player’s parents can’t find them a sponsor at home, then the lack of a centrally funded and controlled system forces them to seek opportunities abroad. It is a deeply risky business but, as Russia’s two most recent Grand Slam champions can attest, it is one that can pay off in spectacular fashion. U.S. Open winner Svetlana Kuznetsova went to Spain at the age of 14 to further her game, training at a school run by former leading players Emilio Sanchez and his sister, Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario.
“At first we thought I’d started really late but it worked out well and my father and mother helped out. All that I have and what I am now is all from my mum,” Kuznetsova said after her U.S. Open victory. “If I didn’t have her looking after me so much I wouldn’t be here. She was pulling me forward all the time when I was young. At the time I didn’t realize it would end up being my future.”
Maria Sharapova, the six-foot blonde who, at the age of 17, stunned defending champion Serena Williams to take the Wimbledon title in July, is another who was forced to go abroad to realize her dream.
Her father took her from Siberia to Florida when she was just seven, and found work to help fund her training at Nick Bollettieri’s renowned tennis factory. “There were a lot of sacrifices, just going to the United States when I was seven, not being able to see my mom for two years, being away from my dad for one year because he had to find work. And then developing my career and working hard, trying to achieve this,” she said after demolishing the younger Williams sister.
Now, despite railing against media attempts to tag her “the new Kournikova,” Sharapova is benefiting from the kind of lucrative marketing and modeling deals that Kournikova enjoyed and which the trainees at Spartak – and their nervously watching parents – desperately crave.
Today a new generation of would-be tennis divas is honing its strokes at shabby clubs like Spartak while others are training abroad, all with the hope of making it into the professional ranks.
It’s anyone’s guess who might be the next young woman to hoist the champion’s trophy at a major tournament, or what path they might have traveled to get to center court. But the odds are good that the winner at this month’s Kremlin Cup will be crediting "home court advantage" as a source of her divine inspiration – and that the next generation of young Russian hopefuls will be there to cheer her on.

miffedmax
Jan 27th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Video of both the Golden Goddess and the Countess of Darkness:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...nt ieva&hl=en

miffedmax
Jan 27th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Okay, let me try this again:

The Golden Goddess and the Countess of Darkness in a video clip:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2965312225365203667&q=elena+dementieva&hl=en

selyoink
Jan 29th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Nastya has fallen out of the top 20. She is now at 23 and will fall even more in next weeks rankings. She had been in the top 20 for such a long time. I hope she can make it back there.

ZIZOUILLE
Jan 29th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Nastya has fallen out of the top 20. She is now at 23 and will fall even more in next weeks rankings. She had been in the top 20 for such a long time. I hope she can make it back there

It's normal she doesn't play. She will return in the top 20, no panic ;)

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 29th, 2007, 04:00 PM
It's normal she doesn't play. She will return in the top 20, no panic ;)

Normal?
She has 18 tournaments counting for her ranking. It's more than enough to keep a good player within Top-20. So it's not normal, it's indication of her poor results in the first half of 2006.

If Myskina returns in Warsaw she will be ranked between no.40 and no.45 at the moment and the worst thing is that she will have no tournaments to improve her ranking in the next two month.

slk45
Jan 29th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Normal?
She has 18 tournaments counting for her ranking. It's more than enough to keep a good player within Top-20. So it's not normal, it's indication of her poor results in the first half of 2006.

If Myskina returns in Warsaw she will be ranked between no.40 and no.45 at the moment and the worst thing is that she will have no tournaments to improve her ranking in the next two month.
I think Z meant it's normal to fall if she doesn't play. Nastya gives up 135 pts at Tokyo, then only 30 pts before IW. If she's back and healthy for IW, she can hold her ranking in the bottom 20s. If she doesn't return til Warsaw, she should remain about 32-35, if there isn't too much movement from the players below between now and Miami.

Just curious: who came up with the "3AM Rollercoaster" tag? :)

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 29th, 2007, 06:56 PM
If she doesn't return til Warsaw, she should remain about 32-35, if there isn't too much movement from the players below between now and Miami.

Bigger ranking points this year = bigger jump/fall in the rankings for active/non-active players.

Spunky83
Jan 29th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Just curious: who came up with the "3AM Rollercoaster" tag? :)

It was Lucas´ idea and we all helped him find a slogan. Here´s the original link: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=175948

miffedmax
Jan 29th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Hey, look, Spunky's back!

Woo-hoo!

selyoink
Jan 29th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Yes it has been quite a long time since Spunky has posted.

Lets hope we don't have to wait as long for her next post.

miffedmax
Jan 30th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Yep. Spunky, you're just going to have to deal with the fact that there is a pretty much universal consensus that you rule.

slk45
Jan 30th, 2007, 06:15 AM
It was Lucas´ idea and we all helped him find a slogan. Here´s the original link: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=175948
Thanks for the link. It is definitely one of the most creative taglines I've seen, and this site has a lot of them. It appears that Spunky and Lucas have primary responsibility for the finished product.

It is interesting to read from the beginning, knowing where the process is leading to, and wondering -- with the perfect clarity of hindsight -- why it wasn't just obvious!!?

And all that history makes Nastya's remark about riding the rollercoaster at Cincinnati last year even funnier.

She went to King's Island, which is a short distance from the Tennis Center. King's Island has 13 coasters:
http://www3.cedarfair.com/KingsIsland/attractions/category.cfm?ac_id=18

I would guess she either rode The Beast
http://www.rcdb.com/ig67.htm?picture=8

or Son of Beast,
http://www.rcdb.com/ig584.htm?picture=3
I don't know. :p

If you look at this link to the Rollercoaster Data Base, you will see that one of their early coasters, now closed, was called Bat.
http://www.rcdb.com/pd12.htm

If you haven't yet adopted an official coaster for the forum, this database apparently covers all coasters in the world. Pictures with many, if not most.

angiee3
Jan 30th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Is there any official news about when she's playing again..?
Hope it's soon..

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 30th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Is there any official news about when she's playing again..?
Hope it's soon..

She is still on the Doha, Indian Wells, Miami lists.

selyoink
Jan 30th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Hopefully she will be able to play by Miami.

meyerpl
Jan 31st, 2007, 05:50 AM
Hopefully she will be able to play by Miami.
I'm betting 3,700 miles of travel, 96 hours of vacation time, twelve nights lodging and tickets to the entire event that she'll be able to play by Miami!
If she isn't playing in Miami, watch the event on T.V. and look for a ridiculously intoxicated guy wearing a Myskina ball-cap, weeping non-stop in the stands. That'll be me!

meyerpl
Jan 31st, 2007, 05:53 AM
Yep. Spunky, you're just going to have to deal with the fact that there is a pretty much universal consensus that you rule.Indeed.........Spunky rules.:worship: :worship: :worship:

miffedmax
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:15 AM
I'm betting 3,700 miles of travel, 96 hours of vacation time, twelve nights lodging and tickets to the entire event that she'll be able to play by Miami!
If she isn't playing in Miami, watch the event on T.V. and look for a ridiculously intoxicated guy wearing a Myskina ball-cap, weeping non-stop in the stands. That'll be me!

Well, maybe you'll get to see your second favorite play.

Nah, I hope we get to see a dream final.

selyoink
Jan 31st, 2007, 03:54 PM

Will do! :lol:

meyerpl
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:12 PM
Well, maybe you'll get to see your second favorite play.

Nah, I hope we get to see a dream final.
You know what that dream final would be! But yes, I'm looking forward to seeing my second favorite play!!! (and my 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, etc.)

Last night, I watched Elena D. beat Nicole Vaidisova in Hong Kong this year (an encore presentation on the Tennis Channel) and was impressed by two things: how unbeatable Elena is when she's in a groove (even with 11 double-faults) and what a lovely young woman she is; very gracious and expressive in competition. This wasn't news to me Max, but I was wondering if you've ever noticed? Surprisingly, Elena served an ace (only her second of the match) to win it in three sets.

miffedmax
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:48 PM
You know what that dream final would be! But yes, I'm looking forward to seeing my second favorite play!!! (and my 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, etc.)

Last night, I watched Elena D. beat Nicole Vaidisova in Hong Kong this year (an encore presentation on the Tennis Channel) and was impressed by two things: how unbeatable Elena is when she's in a groove (even with 11 double-faults) and what a lovely young woman she is; very gracious and expressive in competition. This wasn't news to me Max, but I was wondering if you've ever noticed? Surprisingly, Elena served an ace (only her second of the match) to win it in three sets.

Nah, I think she's kind of gangly and goofy. I only love her for her forehand and filial piety. :lol:

I hope you have a great time and both ladies go very deep in the tournament.

meyerpl
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:02 PM
Nah, I think she's kind of gangly and goofy. I only love her for her forehand and filial piety. :lol:

I hope you have a great time and both ladies go very deep in the tournament.
Thanks Max!

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 31st, 2007, 10:16 PM
From Nastya's web-site:

The cure will take another two weeks; afterwards Nastya to re-start training sessions.

Emptiness
Feb 1st, 2007, 06:56 AM
Hmm i hope it goes well... at the moment tennis barely exists for me.

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2007, 01:14 PM
Still 2 weeks before she starts training. Nastya won't play before IW, at the earliest.

frenchie
Feb 1st, 2007, 07:10 PM
she's still on the Doha entry list!

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 1st, 2007, 10:24 PM
she's still on the Doha entry list!

Nastya will strart trainings right before Dubai's beginning. It's unlikely she's gonna spend just week and half for restoring her fitness to play Doha.

goldenlox
Feb 3rd, 2007, 01:59 PM
From Matt Cronin - The injured Anastasia Myskina will try to return at IW, but she's still up in the air. Forget about Dubai and as I wrote last week, she may not return until the clay court season. Her coach says that this time, she's not getting back on tour until she's 100 percent healthy.

the cat
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
Twinkle toes Myskina should be returning to the WTA Tour soon and grace us once again with Bolshoi ballerina like on court movements. :tennis: :) Good luck to Anastasia in her comeback. :hug: :smooch:

selyoink
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:41 PM
Well whenever she does return she will have to tackle tough draws week in and week out since she won't be highly ranked especially if she returns after her semi-final points in Miami come off.

goldenlox
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:53 PM
Right now, Nastya just wants to be healthy enough to play. She will improve her ranking if she can win matches when she gets back.

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:07 PM
Well whenever she does return she will have to tackle tough draws week in and week out since she won't be highly ranked especially if she returns after her semi-final points in Miami come off.

Quarter-final actually... but it doesn't change a thing.

What I wanna say is that, unfortunately, she can very well fall out of Top-100 after Eastbourne. After this week she will have 17 tournaments forming her ranking. Out of 769 points 534 pts were gained in space of two months (from Rome to Wimbledon) when her results were worthy of a Top-15 player:
3r Rome
F Istanbul
4r Roland Garros
F Eastbourne
QF Wimbledon.

It's 5 tournaments. Only 5 tournaments which had been keeping her inside Top-20 and now keep her inside Top-40.
Assuming she won't return until Warsaw it's gonna be extremely tough task to collect the equal amount of points on the same tournaments this year.

And what if she will be out of Top-100? Will Nastya be able to find strength (mental strength) and motivation to break back where she used to belong?
I don't know...

selyoink
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:49 PM
Yes I have my doubts about her will to battle back up the rankings if she falls very low especially outside of the top 100. I don't think she can secure a spot in the top 32 by the time Roland Garros comes around if she doesn't return until the clay season. Then she won't have the benefit of being seeded.

goldenlox
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:15 AM
It's much easier when you have a high ranking and get byes. But if Nastya plays well, she'll get points.

frenchie
Feb 6th, 2007, 10:44 PM
I want my Nastya back!!!!!!!:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

selyoink
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I want my Nastya back!!!!!!!:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

I want her back too. Preferably the Nastya that wins matches and can beat top players.

meyerpl
Feb 7th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Nastya is, if nothing else, a great fighter! And she is a lot of other wonderful things too.

frenchie
Feb 8th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I read somewhere on this board that Nastya withdrew from both IW and Miami
so she won't play Doha too

she'll come back for the clay season

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 8th, 2007, 03:58 PM
true, Nastya has withdrawn from hardcourt events

not suprised at all but :sad:

hope she can get her foot problem healed quick

Foot's Fingers
Feb 8th, 2007, 04:07 PM
so need to wait till clay :bigcry:

martirogi
Feb 8th, 2007, 05:06 PM
ugh. well i guess it will be the first time i go to miami and don't see myskii. i saw her first three rounds the last two years. :sad:

selyoink
Feb 8th, 2007, 08:46 PM
She will have a hard time getting her ranking high enough to be seeded at the French.

frenchie
Feb 8th, 2007, 10:42 PM
I hope she doesn't turn into another Dokic or Stevenson...

meyerpl
Feb 9th, 2007, 02:26 AM
I read somewhere on this board that Nastya withdrew from both IW and Miamiso she won't play Doha too

she'll come back for the clay season
I could say "FUCK" 1,000 times and it still wouldn't be enough. FUCK!!!

selyoink
Feb 9th, 2007, 04:08 AM
I hope she doesn't turn into another Dokic or Stevenson...

Lets not even mention this possibility. Okay?

miffedmax
Feb 9th, 2007, 03:26 PM
I could say "FUCK" 1,000 times and it still wouldn't be enough. FUCK!!!

Dude, that so completely, thoroughly, utterly sucks.

But is Nastay, so you never know.

meyerpl
Feb 10th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Dude, that so completely, thoroughly, utterly sucks.

But is Nastay, so you never know.
Right on both counts.

When I think of the time and money I've invested in going to Miami, largely to see Nastya play.............ouch!

Oh well, there are dozens of players I'm excited about seeing, plus with about seven consecutive days of below zero weather under my belt (it was -28F (-33C) the other morning) and seven more to come, a couple weeks in Miami doesn't sound hard to take. Still...........FUCK!

Elena D. is just going to have to move up to first chair in Miami. GO ELENA!

miffedmax
Feb 10th, 2007, 02:51 AM
After all, if Elena wakes up on the right let, she can play too!

meyerpl
Feb 10th, 2007, 05:16 PM
After all, if Elena wakes up on the right let, she can play too!
True! And what a shapely leg it is!

sinterklaasje
Feb 10th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Is Nastya in Austria cheering for Jurgen in the Davis Cup? Or is she still in Germany undergoing treatment? There's so little information.

@meyerpl: I'm so sorry for you. I really hope you get another chance to see Nastya live

meyerpl
Feb 10th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Is Nastya in Austria cheering for Jurgen in the Davis Cup? Or is she still in Germany undergoing treatment? There's so little information.

@meyerpl: I'm so sorry for you. I really hope you get another chance to see Nastya live
The last word I heard was from anastasia-myskina.com (Spunky's site); as of February 1st, Nastya anticipated two more weeks of treatment in Germany prior to resuming any training.

Thanks for your kind words, that's really nice. Of course, my heart goes out to Nastya, along with warm wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!

Filippo-Nastya
Feb 12th, 2007, 06:40 PM
There is a news on her official web-site. I have used a translator and I have understood that Nastya underwent a surgery in her left big toe, she is OK but we still don't know when she will get back on court.
Correct me if I have written something wrong.

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 12th, 2007, 08:29 PM
There is a news on her official web-site. I have used a translator and I have understood that Nastya underwent a surgery in her left big toe, she is OK but we still don't know when she will get back on court.
Correct me if I have written something wrong.

You're absolutely right :wavey:

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 12th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Nastya should have had surgery last Autumn looking back on it now :sad:

gonna be some weeks before she returns :( :(

Almalyk
Feb 13th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Hope the surgery went well - and she is fit and fighting hard soon :)

selyoink
Feb 13th, 2007, 01:03 AM
I agree that she waited too long to have the surgery. Or she got bad advice.

Spunky83
Feb 13th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Maybe she waited that long because of her wrist injury a couple of years ago. Back then she was afraid she would never make it back as she had to recover from the damage so probably this was still in her mind therefore trying to delay a surgery as long as possible.

ZIZOUILLE
Feb 13th, 2007, 01:48 PM
On the site of Nastya, there is an interview. Can somebody translate ? Please :)

http://www.anastasia-myskina.ru/index.php?id=39&nid=80

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 13th, 2007, 03:17 PM
On the site of Nastya, there is an interview. Can somebody translate ? Please :)

http://www.anastasia-myskina.ru/index.php?id=39&nid=80

Ok, I will try though it will be not literal translation, ok?

Q: You've been to Moscow rather often over the last months. What's matter?
A: Last year I had injury and had to miss several months so I spent two and half months in Moscow training a lot (lol), meeting my relatives and friends, taking care of myself, my skin, for example, that suffers because of permanent flights and weather conditions changes.

Q: Is that so important for an athlete how his skin looks?
A: I'm a woman, first of all. And every woman cares how she looks. I always do a slight make-up before I go on court. I'm lucky with my body: I don't put on weight even if I'm eating chocolates or cakes. And my outfit suits me.

Q: Your mom seems to always stay by you. Does she travel with you to the tournaments?
A: Sometimes. She's usually very nervous during my matches and I can feel it being on court. But she's definitely the most important person in my life.

Q: Have you ever lost connection with your friends?
A: Unfortunately I have. Sometimes you're so tired after match or tournament that you even can't call a person. And some of my friends couldn't handle my heavy schedule and left me. Some players travel with their husbands or boyfriends but it's very brave decision for a man to dedicate himself to his woman. Not every man can do it.

Q: You are keeping your private from other people. But it's known last year you broke up with your boyfriend. Was it big disappointment to you?
A: Yes, it was. It happened at the moment when I got injured and didn't know what to do next. I kind of lost myself, was being in depression, talking only to my mom and my best friend. They tried to tell me that not all people (i.e. men) are bad but I turned into hedgehog.

Q: What was you thinking back then?
A: Most athletes are scared of their future, don't know how to live, what to do after retirement. So am I. I was thinking a lot what would I do next? Open restaurant in Moscow, or tennis club, or fitness club? But we already have plenty of them in the city. So I was in mixed feelings but afterwards did realize I wasn't ready to quit the game yet. I will play as long as my health allows me.

Q: How did you overcome depression?
A: Thanks to my mom and... new love. My boyfriend is not from sports world, he runs his business, has his friends and interests. We don't see each other as often as we would wish to but when I'm in Moscow we try to find spare time for ourselves.

Q: What did you find in him?
A: We met in very difficult times for me, when I lost belief in myself and other people. And he supported me, showed me that tennis was not the only thing out there. He taught me to smile and enjoy life. Now, even when I'm losing I'm not upset that much cos I know tomorrow wiil be a new day, new tournament, new opportunities.

Q: What about marriage?
A: You know, i don't wanna look into future. I have already had bad experience when I was dreaming a lot only to wake up in different world. Now I live day by day and I'm so happy!

ZIZOUILLE
Feb 13th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks very much :D

Il Primo!
Feb 13th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Thanks AnnaK. So Nastya is not with Jurgen anymore?:shrug:

ARIANE 5
Feb 13th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Q: You are keeping your private from other people. But it's known last year you broke up with your boyfriend. Was it big disappointment to you?
A: Yes, it was. It happened at the moment when I got injured and didn't know what to do next. I kind of lost myself, was being in depression, talking only to my mom and my best friend. They tried to tell me that not all people (i.e. men) are bad but I turned into hedgehog.

:sad:
Nastya :hug:

cindy
Feb 13th, 2007, 04:52 PM
thx for the interview...gosh she was just sooo sad!!!
@mrknowitall...you're right it looks like she is not with Jurgen anymore...

selyoink
Feb 13th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Yes it does sound like her and Jurgen are no longer an item. If so that didn't last very long.

frenchie
Feb 13th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Nastya/Jurgen couple is over???

She sounds negative in this interview. I only like the "I will play tennis as long as my health is OK" part!!

Il Primo!
Feb 13th, 2007, 09:04 PM
thx for the interview...gosh she was just sooo sad!!!
@mrknowitall...you're right it looks like she is not with Jurgen anymore...

Yes it does sound like her and Jurgen are no longer an item. If so that didn't last very long.

Thanks for answering!:D I didn't like him at all anyways

sinterklaasje
Feb 13th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Looks like Nastya and Jurgen are not an item anymore. But we all know how reliable the information is that she gives about her private life. So I don't really know what to make of this statement. Ah well, it's just Nastya I suppose, you never know which statement is correct and which isn't.
Sad to read she was really depressed. I hope she'll find a lot of happiness soon and that she'll have a quick recovery. I really want to see her on court again, playing brilliant tennis. If not, I'll be the one with a depression (naaah, not really, but tennis is boring without Nastya).

miffedmax
Feb 13th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Nastya was just bumming because she knows she's missing meyerpl in Miami.

That was one of her more downer interviews.

slk45
Feb 14th, 2007, 04:45 AM
There were definitely some good parts of her interview:

I'm a woman, first of all. Oh yes, oh yes!! :bounce: :bounce:

...but it's very brave decision for a man to dedicate himself to his woman. Not every man can do it.:unsure: Where do we apply??

ZIZOUILLE
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:01 AM
I thougth that she spoke about her ice-hockey player :confused: I think she is still with Jurgen. They were together in St Anton, and after the 10 december : depression, a new boyfriend, tennis and travel in New Zealand :rolleyes:
When the interview was made, in december ?

It's true, Jurgen has his career, his austrian friends, he play golf and football.

Maybe she wants to protect her private life.
It's necessary to be very careful with the interviews. I prefer to wait before hating Jurgen. ;)

goldenlox
Feb 14th, 2007, 11:51 AM
"Unfortunately, I have to pull out of the Qatar Total Open in Doha, Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells and the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami as a result of the surgery on my left foot, which took place in January,” said Myskina. “At this moment, I am in the process of rehabilitating my foot. Thus far, my rehab has been going well and I am hoping to rejoin the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour starting with the clay court season in April. I will be following the Tour very closely and wish these first-class tournaments much success."

ZIZOUILLE
Feb 14th, 2007, 12:42 PM
"Unfortunately, I have to pull out of the Qatar Total Open in Doha, Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells and the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami as a result of the surgery on my left foot, which took place in January,” said Myskina. “At this moment, I am in the process of rehabilitating my foot. Thus far, my rehab has been going well and I am hoping to rejoin the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour starting with the clay court season in April. I will be following the Tour very closely and wish these first-class tournaments much success."

She could return to Amelia Island :)

selyoink
Feb 14th, 2007, 02:25 PM
I thougth that she spoke about her ice-hockey player :confused: I think she is still with Jurgen. They were together in St Anton, and after the 10 december : depression, a new boyfriend, tennis and travel in New Zealand :rolleyes:
When the interview was made, in december ?

It's true, Jurgen has his career, his austrian friends, he play golf and football.

Maybe she wants to protect her private life.
It's necessary to be very careful with the interviews. I prefer to wait before hating Jurgen. ;)

Third to last question she says her new love is not from the sports world.

That is why we are saying it seems they aren't together anymore.

ZIZOUILLE
Feb 14th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Third to last question she says her new love is not from the sports world.

That is why we are saying it seems they aren't together anymore

Yes, I read this. But I'm not convinced. They were very happy together in december. For me the chronology of the events is very strange. :confused: we will have the proof that they are always together if they play mixed doubles in RG. ;)

slk45
Feb 14th, 2007, 03:19 PM
She could return to Amelia Island :)
That would be great!! :D

Foot's Fingers
Feb 14th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Nastya :hug:

It's easy to be clever and make correct decision now

Of cos it should be better to proceed with surgery in September and not 4 mnts later

At least she will try to play again :)

Miss you, Nastya

manu32
Feb 14th, 2007, 09:29 PM
cool.....

arnold's clone is awful .......

happy for you nastya

Almalyk
Feb 19th, 2007, 09:00 AM
This thread is never allowed to fall onto the second page! I'm bumping it :)

ZIZOUILLE
Feb 19th, 2007, 09:32 AM
This thread is never allowed to fall onto the second page! I'm bumping it :)

Good idea ;)

Vass22
Feb 19th, 2007, 04:43 PM
I watched so many players live today: non-russians, Maria Kirilenko, others, and it made me sad that Nastya isn't playing in Dubai and in general. Made me think what a loss it will be if she doesn't rise to the very top of her game again. All the players that i watched were good at what they do, but none play with the same grace as Nastya. They are plainly boring to watch.
Meeeh.

Nastya, come back SOON, and WITH A BANG.

miffedmax
Feb 21st, 2007, 01:09 PM
Let hope Nasty has some of the attitude she's showing in Vass's avatar!

Bubba08
Feb 21st, 2007, 01:47 PM
I watched so many players live today: non-russians, Maria Kirilenko, others, and it made me sad that Nastya isn't playing in Dubai and in general. Made me think what a loss it will be if she doesn't rise to the very top of her game again. All the players that i watched were good at what they do, but none play with the same grace as Nastya. They are plainly boring to watch.
Meeeh.

Nastya, come back SOON, and WITH A BANG.
*co-sign*

Russian-fan
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:01 AM
Hey :wavey:

I'm sorry to ask, because I'm afraid you will laugh at me, but I noticed that so many of you writes:
"Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster"
in your signature.

What does it mean?:confused:

Please, do not laugh at me.:worship:

Maria :kiss:

Vass22
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:59 AM

I'm sorry to ask, because I'm afraid you will laugh at me, but I noticed that so many of you writes:
in your signature.

It's our (Nastya's fans) motto, flag, anthem. :p Something we 'wear' to distinguish each-other even in the most distant and dark corners of wtaworld.com
We're all really proud to have it in our sig. At least i am.

slk45
Feb 22nd, 2007, 10:35 PM

in your signature.

Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina

As for the "rollercoaster," well, you've watched her matches? :D :mad: :rolleyes: :bounce: :fiery: :help:

Russian-fan
Feb 22nd, 2007, 10:44 PM
Thank you very much for your answers.:)

So it's a kind of fan-club for Nastya. Indeed a very creative name, but I like it - "Rollercoaster" for Nastya's ups and downs.

cindy
Feb 26th, 2007, 11:32 AM
I just wanted to say, so everyone can be sure because there is a lot of person who were asking, nastya is not with Jurgen, Jurgen is with a girl named Barbara

ARIANE 5
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:33 PM
I just wanted to say, so everyone can be sure because there is a lot of person who were asking, nastya is not with Jurgen, Jurgen is with a girl named Barbara

The HELLO article was true. :eek: I hope that Nastya is happy with her new boyfriend. Apparently the last months were difficult for her :sad:

Foot's Fingers
Feb 26th, 2007, 02:44 PM
so Thnks God, name of Jurgen can be forgotten in this thread now officially

Pls nore good nes form Nastyena

cindy
Feb 26th, 2007, 06:28 PM
foot's finger you are not nice with this poor jurgen...I honestly think he is nice and cute!

goldenlox
Feb 26th, 2007, 07:32 PM
http://anastasia-myskina.ru/pictures/multimedia/tennis//3objectiv_profi/photosessions/PICT0722m.jpg

Nice pic

MyskinaManiac
Feb 27th, 2007, 07:26 AM
When was the pic taken?

goldenlox
Mar 4th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Nastya's ex-boyfriend was interviewed at tennis.com

We celebrated after Davis Cup,” he said. “We had nice dinner with some friends and then went to a nightclub, I had some tables organized. It was a good evening.”
At the time, Melzer was going out with fellow player Anastasia Myskina, though the two have since split and Melzer is in Vegas with his new girlfriend. “We still keep in touch. She’s injured at the moment, she had surgery,” he said of Myskina, who has been off the tour since October with toe problems in her left foot.
“We had a tough time at the end of last year and we just decided for the better that we split. It was kind of her not playing that much anymore, and staying more in Moscow. Vienna-Moscow was probably the biggest problem – where to go, how to see each other more often.”

Russian-fan
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I think JM is cute and sexy, but I have the feeling that Nastya was never serious about her relation to him. I think Nastya only used JM to having some fun-time together with during her injury-period. JM was never more than a boy-toy to Nastya. I hope JM will be happy with his Barbara.
Nastya! You are such a "bad" girl! :tape: :lol: :p :cool: :D

cindy
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Jurgen is realy soooooo nice thx for posting GL!

Russian-fan
Mar 6th, 2007, 11:05 AM
I agree, Cindy. :)
I also think Jurgen is sooooo nice and soooo cute. :inlove:
Yesterday I sent him a nice private email! ;)
And I got a nice and kind reply from Jurgen!
After his romance with Nastya, Jurgen is my favor ATP-player. :inlove:
If you, Cindy or other girls want to send Jurgen an email, this is Jurgen’s private email:

http://www.juergenmelzer.com/index.php?language=english&nav_id=38&show=38

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfull/2LI17074.jpg
Jurgen :inlove: Nastya :inlove:

cindy
Mar 6th, 2007, 11:41 AM
thx russian-fan! I didn't know he write back...it's realy nice
I hope you know the msn group for him it's realy great and easy to register ;)

Russian-fan
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:17 AM
I think JM is cute and sexy, but I have the feeling that Nastya was never serious about her relation to him. I think Nastya only used JM to having some fun-time together with during her injury-period. JM was never more than a boy-toy to Nastya. I hope JM will be happy with his Barbara.
Nastya! You are such a "bad" girl! :tape: :lol: :p :cool: :D

I’m so sorry, but :haha:

Read my comment and read the text on Nastya’s sweatshirt.:lol:

http://www.anastasia-myskina.ru/pictures/multimedia/tennis//3objectiv_profi/tennisbusines/KM1Q0248_resize.jpg

My advice to Marat: Beware! :haha:

To be serious: Of course Nastya :inlove: is not a bad girl!:p

miffedmax
Mar 8th, 2007, 03:52 AM
This thread should be bumped. Oh wait. It just was.

Foot's Fingers
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:53 AM
I AM DEPRESSED

Yesterday i saw Nastya in big abt 1 hrs programm on Russian tennis channel

Looks nicely :inlove:

In first part she said she wants to return to wta on RG, but she is not still sure cos till that moment she is not training at full Only visits gym But she wants to be top 10 again want to win ..... bla bla bla..... BUT seems she is saying such words only cos she needs to say it
Have a feeling that she wants to retire if no good wins to come shortly Looking that she is losing interest in tennis :bigcry: Hope i am wrong

Interviw was finished with shock news for me: she is already in negotiations with NTV+ to follow Lina's way and trying to be commentator on tennis channel

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

pls it's too early for her

i am in sadness

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:11 AM
I AM DEPRESSED

Yesterday i saw Nastya in big abt 1 hrs programm on Russian tennis channel

Looks nicely :inlove:

In first part she said she wants to return to wta on RG, but she is not still sure cos till that moment she is not training at full Only visits gym But she wants to be top 10 again want to win ..... bla bla bla..... BUT seems she is saying such words only cos she needs to say it
Have a feeling that she wants to retire if no good wins to come shortly Looking that she is losing interest in tennis :bigcry: Hope i am wrong

Interviw was finished with shock news for me: she is already in negotiations with NTV+ to follow Lina's way and trying to be commentator on tennis channel

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

pls it's too early for her

i am in sadness

I'm going to open a thread on Nastya's possible retirement in General Messages with quoting your post. Wouldn't you mind this?

Foot's Fingers
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:13 AM
I'm going to open a thread on Nastya's possible retirement in General Messages with quoting your post. Wouldn't you mind this?

no problem

i am just hopes she is not going to retire

ZIZOUILLE
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Not training yet :eek: I hope she will play in RG :confused: It's not very optimistic but with Nastya everything is possible. She change her mind every days :(

Foot's Fingers
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Not training yet :eek: I hope she will play in RG :confused: It's not very optimistic but with Nastya everything is possible. She change her mind every days :(

not holding racket yet :sad:

cindy
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:03 AM
don't worry foot' I'm sure she'll soon come back with a real desire to win a lot so she'll do...she must be a lil depressed right now because she cannot play at all but i'm sure she'll do well soon
as for the presentator part I think it can be realy funny!

frenchie
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:15 PM
So she's only coming back at RG???
I thought she could come back at Warsaw....

The talk about her being a tennis commentators are very early IMO. Not a good sign

ZIZOUILLE
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:07 PM
In Hello interview she said : "So I was in mixed feelings but afterwards did realize I wasn't ready to quit the game yet. I will play as long as my health allows me".
And now maybe retirement :confused:

She likes to torture her fans :mad:

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 8th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Maybe she hasn't still restarted the trainings because it's too early. Obviously she can't risk another injury, she underwent a surgery so she has to be careful.
Courage Nastya :hug:

ARIANE 5
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:44 PM
She likes to play with our nerves :mad:

I read on another forum that she has short hair now, is it true ? No photo ?

Russian-fan
Mar 8th, 2007, 05:05 PM
I don’t believe Nastya retires, but if she does, I think it ok.
Nastya has been travelling 11 months a year every single year since 1998.
If Nastya now wants to live a normal life for a young beautiful girl without travelling around the World "living in a suitcase", I think she deserves it.
Her career prize money is almost 6 million dollars; her commercial incomes must be about 12 million dollars. So why not retire? Why not live a normal life in Moscow?
TV-commentator? Nastya will never be a good TV-commentator. That must be a bad joke. I’m thinking how she manages her press conferences. Nastya as a commentator to live tennis matches? A bad joke.
Btw. Nastya changes her mind all the time. I still believe in her statement from last February about she does a comeback April or May.

Nastya! :kiss: :hearts:

miffedmax
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I think Nastya would be a hilarious commentator.

And some of the hilarity might be intentional.

I can't be sure, but I get the impression her Russian is--oh, how to put it delicately--more decorous than her on-court English.

selyoink
Mar 9th, 2007, 04:36 AM
I think like miffedmax think Nastya would be a great commentator.

ZIZOUILLE
Mar 9th, 2007, 07:51 AM
I imagine Nastya commenting the fed cup with Sharapova playing for the russian team :lol: :tape:

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 9th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Sharapova is not popular among russian commentators. So Nastya hardly would differ from them :lol:

Foot's Fingers
Mar 9th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I don’t believe Nastya retires, but if she does, I think it ok.
Nastya has been travelling 11 months a year every single year since 1998.
If Nastya now wants to live a normal life for a young beautiful girl without travelling around the World "living in a suitcase", I think she deserves it.
Her career prize money is almost 6 million dollars; her commercial incomes must be about 12 million dollars. So why not retire? Why not live a normal life in Moscow?
TV-commentator? Nastya will never be a good TV-commentator. That must be a bad joke. I’m thinking how she manages her press conferences. Nastya as a commentator to live tennis matches? A bad joke.
Btw. Nastya changes her mind all the time. I still believe in her statement from last February about she does a comeback April or May.

Nastya! :kiss: :hearts:

i beleive she cld be a very good commentator

Esp if Sharpi is not invloved in a match :devil:

Look at Lina K - she is very good commentator when she is commenting alone (or with Dinara Safina) without men's help :rolleyes: (will not call the name)

Foot's Fingers
Mar 9th, 2007, 03:09 PM
She likes to play with our nerves :mad:

I read on another forum that she has short hair now, is it true ? No photo ?

Yes she is

not very very short but shorter as usul

As she said it was doctor's advise before surgey in order to keep good quality of hears (hope i am not mistaking)

miffedmax
Mar 9th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Where's meyerpl and Spunky? I heard a long, loud wail out of the north, and then silence.

ARIANE 5
Mar 9th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Yes she is

not very very short but shorter as usul

As she said it was doctor's advise before surgey in order to keep good quality of hears (hope i am not mistaking)

Thanks very much. I hope that we will see a photo very soon :)

frenchie
Mar 9th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Look what I found! I think it's funny:

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/tennis/mc_vid19167.shtml

ARIANE 5
Mar 9th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Look what I found! I think it's funny:

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/tennis/mc_vid19167.shtml

A tes souhaits Nastya :lol:

Spunky83
Mar 9th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Where's meyerpl and Spunky? I heard a long, loud wail out of the north, and then silence.

I actually relocated from Dusseldorf (bye bye ARAG World Team Cup) to Hamburg (hello Masters) this week. I got an internship and it was a pretty spontaneous decision. It was a hell of a week with renovating the old apartment and then finding a new place to stay. Now I am bored out of my mind my first day here since I don´t know anyone. I hope to find new friends soon.

As for Nastya...she´s always been known for a person who cannot seem to decide anything. So I won´t make any screaming noises until the day I see her officially retiring or stepping back on court.

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 9th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Nastya keeps appearing on TV way too often for professional athlete. I've never seen that much of her on our TV before, even when she won Roland Garros.

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Sharapova does interviews on tv all the time. Nastya can do tv appearances and still play tennis.

miffedmax
Mar 9th, 2007, 07:02 PM
I actually relocated from Dusseldorf (bye bye ARAG World Team Cup) to Hamburg (hello Masters) this week. I got an internship and it was a pretty spontaneous decision. It was a hell of a week with renovating the old apartment and then finding a new place to stay. Now I am bored out of my mind my first day here since I don´t know anyone. I hope to find new friends soon.

As for Nastya...she´s always been known for a person who cannot seem to decide anything. So I won´t make any screaming noises until the day I see her officially retiring or stepping back on court.

Good luck with the new gig. Sounds challenging/exciting.

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 9th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Goldenlox,

I am talking not about interviews :roll:

And why, why, why do you mention Sharapova every time anyone discuss other Russian players?

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2007, 07:07 PM
I don't but she was relevant to a discussion of tennis player on tv a lot.

Russian-fan
Mar 9th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks very much. I hope that we will see a photo very soon :)

According to the dirty-dirty man, Mike_T, this is new Nastya-pics after her surgery:

Following her recent 'surgery', it's got to be Anastasia:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1223/am1bj8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2405/am2ww5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:tape:

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 9th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I don't but she was relevant to a discussion of tennis player on tv a lot.

Of course you do. And you have no idea what I am talking about if you say Sharapova is relevant to this discussion.

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2007, 07:19 PM
If I was talking about her a lot, I would be hearing from her fans about how I'm a hater.
But I'm not talking about her.
And if Nastya does 1,000 tv appearances, it won't affect her tennis.

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 9th, 2007, 07:46 PM
If I was talking about her a lot, I would be hearing from her fans about how I'm a hater.
But I'm not talking about her.
And if Nastya does 1,000 tv appearances, it won't affect her tennis.

You can't be serious this time :taped:

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I remember before IW 2004, Nastya was doing a lot of tv, including a half hour interview on the Tennis Channel. Then she made the SF.
Being on tv a lot doesn't affect a player's tennis.

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 9th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I was talking not about pre-match or sport-related interviews. I was talking about 1-2-hour lengthy enternaining shows.
And she herself said she hasn't held racquet in her hands since Auckland. Literally.

Though she looks great nowadays. Like any celebrity should look on TV.

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2007, 08:10 PM
If her foot isn't ready for practice, there's no point in holding a racket.
Unless she wants to sit in a wheelchair and hit balls.
I've seen that done on old tv clips, I think by Muster.
I don't think Nastya needs to rush back. When she's ready to practice, she'll practice.

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 9th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Did Nastya say something about the surgery? How many weeks (approximately) she has to stay off-court in order to have a full recovery?

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 9th, 2007, 08:26 PM
It's useless to argue with you, Goldenlox.
If you believe that spending days on TV and not showing on tennis court for months are best ways to prepare for returning on the Tour then I'm glad for you.

Me thinks she will never return.

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 9th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Did Nastya say something about the surgery? How many weeks (approximately) she has to stay off-court in order to have a full recovery?

She said she would try to return for Roland Garros. Absolutely nothing definite or concrete.

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2007, 08:31 PM
It's possible she never plays again. But since she played an exo in Austria and Auckland, she probably still likes tennis.

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 9th, 2007, 08:51 PM
It's possible she never plays again. But since she played an exo in Austria and Auckland, she probably still likes tennis.
Or she probably likes money.

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2007, 08:56 PM
That's a good reason to stay. If she still gets appearance fees, she might as well take them.

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 9th, 2007, 09:00 PM
btw, I think the only reason why she played Zurich last October was to fullfill her obligations in order to get her share of bonus pool.

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 9th, 2007, 09:01 PM
She said she would try to return for Roland Garros. Absolutely nothing definite or concrete.

I remember that a few days after Auckland you said that according to Tarpischev the treatment to her foot would have lasted for 2 months. So, it's not a surprise that Nastya hasn't restarted to practice on-court yet.

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2007, 09:21 PM
We all knew when she played Dulko that Nastya was not going to rush back this time. Let her get healthy enough to practice.

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 9th, 2007, 09:54 PM
To try some shots or just 'play' with your racket you don't need to run from one corner to the other one.

As for Tarpischev he always says a lot but knows little. He just said what Myskina told him. He's never been a coach. He's always been politico and corruptionist though.

sinterklaasje
Mar 9th, 2007, 11:25 PM
I agree she's doing to much tv shows. It's normal to give interviews for the tennis or some other sports channel, but I don't like it if she behaves like a celebrity in all kind of (nonsense) shows. I don't know in how many shows she appeared, as I don't live in Russia, but I've never seen Kim or Justine in some kind of talk show. I don't mind her appearing in a show once in a while, but I've seen too many pics of her from tv recently. It seems to me like she's seeking attention. I hope she realises that she'll get attention when she gets her career back on track, but that it will take an effort to do so, an effort on the courts and not in talk shows.
I miss the on-fire, motivated, winning Nastya :sad:

MyskinaManiac
Mar 10th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Hmmm... Nastya, I'd rather you have a baby then just randomly retire.

cindy
Mar 11th, 2007, 12:29 PM
I agree she's doing to much tv shows. It's normal to give interviews for the tennis or some other sports channel, but I don't like it if she behaves like a celebrity in all kind of (nonsense) shows. I don't know in how many shows she appeared, as I don't live in Russia, but I've never seen Kim or Justine in some kind of talk show. I don't mind her appearing in a show once in a while, but I've seen too many pics of her from tv recently. It seems to me like she's seeking attention. I hope she realises that she'll get attention when she gets her career back on track, but that it will take an effort to do so, an effort on the courts and not in talk shows.

I agree with you I miss the tennis player too but she has nothing to do except being at her home (whic can be great of course) it's noal she wants to o something
they ask her to do some tv show so why not! okay, she not anna K but she is a lil bit famous...if it can make her happy I agree with any of her choice
as long as she rest to be soon 100% it's okay with me

miffedmax
Mar 11th, 2007, 09:22 PM
My only problem with Nastya being on TV is that it's not where I can see her.

Oh well. She'll be back.

Russian-fan
Mar 11th, 2007, 09:38 PM
I think that the Russian TV wants attention. It’s not Nastya, who wants attention. Nastya is a shy girl, who hates attention. When Nastya appears in Russian TV-shows, the shows get attention, because Nastya is popular, beautiful and a Russian hero.
It’s very interesting to read the discussion about “Does Nastya ever come back to tennis”. Goldenlox and AnnaK_4ever know a lot about tennis. I appreciate very much both of them. But the truth is that nobody knows Nastya’s plans for the future.
I will make sinterklaasje words to mine:

Miffedmax. You can watch some kind of “Nastya-TV” here (if you are patient – the file is very large): http://www.anastasia-myskina.ru/multimedia/video/MD.mp4

Love you all!:kiss: :hearts:

ZIZOUILLE
Mar 12th, 2007, 02:25 PM
There are news about Nastya on her site. Apparently she is in Germany for her therapy.

Courrage Nastya :hug:

ARIANE 5
Mar 12th, 2007, 06:17 PM
There are news about Nastya on her site. Apparently she is in Germany for her therapy.

Courrage Nastya :hug:

It's normal that she doesn't take yet her racket if her therapy and her rehabilitation are not finished ;)

cindy
Mar 12th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I do prefer her to be 100% when she'll come back even if this mat mean that she'll not play RG...she plays great on grass and if she is 100% she can do realy well at wimbledon but she has to be 100% so rest nastya!

Russian-fan
Mar 12th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Yes, you are right ZIZOUILLE.

Here you have latest news about Настя from her official site:

В данный момент Настя находится в Германии, продолжает курс реабилитации и физиотерапевтических процедур.

IF you a nice, then I will translate into English later. :lol:

ARIANE 5
Mar 12th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Yes, you are right ZIZOUILLE.

Here you have latest news about Настя from her official site:

В данный момент Настя находится в Германии, продолжает курс реабилитации и физиотерапевтических процедур.

IF you a nice, then I will translate into English later. :lol:

Me, sometimes I don't understand the translation of russian to english :lol: :tape:

ARIANE 5
Mar 12th, 2007, 07:27 PM
I do prefer her to be 100% when she'll come back even if this mat mean that she'll not play RG...she plays great on grass and if she is 100% she can do realy well at wimbledon but she has to be 100% so rest nastya!

Maybe she will come back for RG, she has more than two months to be ready :)

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 12th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Her site lies since Nastya is on TV right now. It's live weekly talk-show on NTV-Plus.

ARIANE 5
Mar 12th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Did she say that she stops tennis ? No, therefore I prefer to wait. But maybe you are right. :rolleyes: I hope no :sad:

miffedmax
Mar 12th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Her site lies since Nastya is on TV right now. It's live weekly talk-show on NTV-Plus.

Lie is such a harsh word. I think our dear Nastya is just changable. Like the weather. Only less predictable.

ZIZOUILLE
Mar 13th, 2007, 04:24 PM
http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/defaul...3/13&id=253311

It's an interview of Samil Tarpischev, he speaks about Nastya at the end.
if I understood well, he spoke with her a few days ago and she said to him that she wants to play. He also says that it will be very difficult for her to return on her level, and that all will depend on her.
Maybe our russian friends will be able to translate his interview because my russian is not very good ;)

Foot's Fingers
Mar 13th, 2007, 05:25 PM
http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/defaul...3/13&id=253311

It's an interview of Samil Tarpischev, he speaks about Nastya at the end.
if I understood well, he spoke with her a few days ago and she said to him that she wants to play. He also says that it will be very difficult for her to return on her level, and that all will depend on her.
Maybe our russian friends will be able to translate his interview because my russian is not very good ;)

OMFG

don't beleive SovSport too often.... this paper is becoming closer and closer to yellow honestly or at least non professional

I really doubt that Tarpischev said smthng like this:

должна хорошо выступить на «Ролан Гаррос», да и вообще прилично отыграть все весенне-летние грунтовые турниры. Именно от них будет зависеть ее рейтинг на конец года. Все дело в том, что это покрытие – не самое подходящее для нее: на быстрых кортах она куда стабильнее. Если Мария выполнит эту установку, то она может стать… Федерером женского тенниса.

Masha S shopuld be "Federer" of WTA :devil: All she need to overcome jhh to play solid on clay

so simple

This article is abt all top Russians in wta in a few words Nothing new abt Sveta Nadia Anna Dinara

back to Myskina: yes, she wants to play -(when.....) not to retire as Lina K
bshe will be back not earlier than in 1 mnts but year is lost for her anyway

usual blablabla