PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87

MyskinaManiac
Dec 7th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Bammer is a quality player. A tricky left hander. Im pleased with Nastya's win, considering where she's come from - from that rediculous loss in Zurich.

meyerpl
Dec 7th, 2006, 02:56 AM
I'll congratulate Nastya on her win!

When I was a boy, our family Christmas tradition consisted of my dad going outside on Christmas Eve at around midnight with a shotgun, shooting it into the air a couple times, then coming back into the house to report to the family that he just chased Santa Claus away. My sister and I would spend the rest of the night crying while my dad spent the rest of the night drinking. You can't buy memories like that; they have to just happen.

MyskinaManiac
Dec 7th, 2006, 03:20 AM
I'll congratulate Nastya on her win!

When I was a boy, our family Christmas tradition consisted of my dad going outside on Christmas Eve at around midnight with a shotgun, shooting it into the air a couple times, then coming back into the house to report to the family that he just chased Santa Claus away. My sister and I would spend the rest of the night crying while my dad spent the rest of the night drinking. You can't buy memories like that; they have to just happen.

omg... I just read your sig... lol! Typical Nastya.

*Puts psychologist glasses on - gets out pen and paper* So how did you feel when your father drank and become intoxicated at such a night that was to you a festive time and full of merriment?

selyoink
Dec 7th, 2006, 04:28 AM
So who is Nastya playing the final match at the exhibition?

meyerpl
Dec 7th, 2006, 05:58 AM
omg... I just read your sig... lol! Typical Nastya.

*Puts psychologist glasses on - gets out pen and paper* So how did you feel when your father drank and become intoxicated at such a night that was to you a festive time and full of merriment?

I felt like a Christian Scientist with appendicitis.:)

MyskinaManiac
Dec 7th, 2006, 08:13 AM

Prob Patty

Foot's Fingers
Dec 7th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Well, at least a win even exh win

Good, Nastya ;)

Spunky83
Dec 7th, 2006, 02:54 PM

Either Schnyder or Groenefeld. They will play in about an hour. Finals are on Saturday, same time.

_LuCaS_
Dec 7th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Finally a "win". Now let's build on this girl ;)

In Romania it's called Sfantul Nicolae....and yes, presents in the shoes all over :lol:

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2006, 06:14 PM
You want to build on splitting sets with Bammer?

St. Nick is everywhere, but Dec 5th isn't everywhere.

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Nastya plays Patty on Sat., a tougher test than Bammer.

sinterklaasje
Dec 7th, 2006, 09:06 PM

I think she would've lost that match a couple of weeks ago. The score line isn't great, but she won. She couldn't win any match since Stockholm, even against 'mediocre' players. It was a tough match, tougher than should be, but I'm happy with the win. Those positive feelings however will be destroyed on saturday :lol:

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2006, 09:26 PM
If she wins this next one, it should give her some confidence for January.
I watch Hopman Cup, and I've said this before, Anastasia plays some of her best tennis at the start of the year.

slk45
Dec 8th, 2006, 03:37 AM
If she wins this next one, it should give her some confidence for January.
I watch Hopman Cup, and I've said this before, Anastasia plays some of her best tennis at the start of the year.
Where do you watch Hopman Cup?

goldenlox
Dec 8th, 2006, 07:21 AM
It's on TTC. Nastya was playing Amelie even in Perth. That was when Amelie was top 5, and Nastya wasn't.

MyskinaManiac
Dec 8th, 2006, 07:38 AM
It's on TTC. Nastya was playing Amelie even in Perth. That was when Amelie was top 5, and Nastya wasn't.

I remember that. I also remember Marat Safins inability to win a bloody match. They never went too far in the round robin because of MArat and their poor doubles play. But in 05 at the Hopmen Cup, Nastya was on fire! She didn't drop a set I don't think.

_LuCaS_
Dec 8th, 2006, 04:33 PM

Moral-wise :)

slk45
Dec 8th, 2006, 05:02 PM
oh.... I don't get TTC. :sad:

goldenlox
Dec 8th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Nastya didn't enter Tokyo, but entries don't close until Dec 18.
I expect Nastya and Sveta to consider it.

selyoink
Dec 9th, 2006, 04:56 AM
and who is this in your avatar. i'm very upset it's not nastya or tati. :fiery:

I hope you are happy now :p

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Nastya is playing Patty now in the final.

ARIANE 5
Dec 9th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Nastya wins St Anton 6/2 2/6 10/8 :bounce:

www.tennisweb.at

Emptiness
Dec 9th, 2006, 05:37 PM
What?! Huh? Yay! :bounce:

*waits for selyoink to come and say blah blah this was just an exhibition match blah blah doesn't mean anything* :p

selyoink
Dec 9th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Well that is surprising but meaningless. Still I guess it is a good sign.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Too bad they don't play 10 tiebreakers at the majors.
Anyway, Nastya is there to be with her boyfriend, and she got some matches in.

KV
Dec 9th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Even though it's an exho. Good Nastya def. Patty. :)

rrfnpump
Dec 9th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Nastya truly had fun this week in Austria, with Jürgen, Sveta and Lena
plus she won some matches :)

Nastya :yeah:

Bubba08
Dec 9th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Can we say that it is a good sign this time? :)

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Can we say that it is a good sign this time? :)Yes!! Everyone dance!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :rocker2: :music: :yippee: :woohoo:

frenchie
Dec 9th, 2006, 06:25 PM
alleluia!

:inlove:
Dec 9th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Nastya. ;) :banana:
Hopefully a sign for a better 2007. :cool: :p

Emptiness
Dec 9th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Can we say that it is a good sign this time? :)
Exhibiton + Natural Anastasia Factor = No :sad: :p

selyoink
Dec 9th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Exhibiton + Natural Anastasia Factor = No :sad: :p

You also have to take into account:

Exhibition + Natural Patty Factor = :crazy:

Neither Nastya or Patty are known for consistentcy.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Actually, this is a good sign. She played twice and found a way to win both.
So she's healthy, and she stayed mentally tough.
2 good signs to start 2007 :banana: :banana: :rocker2: :music: :yippee: :woohoo:

frenchie
Dec 9th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Someone in GM said Nastya played very well!

good news

:inlove:
Dec 9th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Someone in GM said Nastya played very well!

good news

:woohoo: :hearts:

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2006, 11:30 PM
I think this has Nastya saying she is 80% fit

Myskinas erste Schritte am Weg zurück
Bei der Siegerehrung zeigte sich Myskina zwar sehr zufrieden. Doch trotz des Turniersiegs fühlt sich die 25-Jährige noch nicht hundertprozentig fit: "Da ich letzte Saison nach den US Open fast kein Spiel mehr bestritten habe, stand hier für mich das Sammeln von Matchpraxis im Vordergrund. Ich befinde mich jedoch erst bei etwa 80 Prozent meiner Leistungsstärke." Anastasia wurde mit einer Rado-Uhr und einem Siegerpokal belohnt.

selyoink
Dec 10th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Nastya has a new profile picture on wtatour.com

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 10th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Nastya has a new profile picture on wtatour.com

OMG, :help:

selyoink
Dec 10th, 2006, 01:41 AM
OMG, :help:

Its not that bad. I didn't like the old picture so maybe that is clouding my judgement.

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 10th, 2006, 01:46 AM
The old one wasn't good too but on the current picture Nastya looks like 40 years old...

selyoink
Dec 10th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Her face is really bright in the picture. But you are right, the picture isn't very good after looking at it again.

They have given quite a few players new pictures.

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:05 AM
At least we've got something new this week. Firstly, Myskina finally won a match (even though it happened at the exhibitions) and now her new profile's picture. Let's hope it's a sign of positive changes in her career.
Anyway, a hope is the only thing we are left with.

denine
Dec 10th, 2006, 03:08 AM
She won! :woohoo:

angiee3
Dec 10th, 2006, 03:42 AM
great.. i'm happy she won.. if she had lost i would have been so dissapointed.. but now i'm more confident that this year will be better then the one before....

martirogi
Dec 10th, 2006, 04:02 AM
i hope she plays a real match against schnyd soon.

to make up for the 06 aussie open mess and losing after holding mp in 05.

selyoink
Dec 10th, 2006, 05:50 AM
i hope she plays a real match against schnyd soon.

to make up for the 06 aussie open mess and losing after holding mp in 05.

Nastya has had two incredibly lopsided losses to Schnyder. She lost 6-1, 6-1 in Linz in 2003. And the 6-2, 6-1 debacle in Australia last year. I hope she can make up for one of those defeats by thrashing Patty at some point in 2007.

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Nastya didn't even play this exo last year, right? She just showed up to hang with her boyfriend.
So this is a very good sign. Bammer won easy against ALG. Patty is top 10.
It was a good effort from Nastya.

rrfnpump
Dec 10th, 2006, 07:52 AM
I think this has Nastya saying she is 80% fit

Myskinas erste Schritte am Weg zurück
Bei der Siegerehrung zeigte sich Myskina zwar sehr zufrieden. Doch trotz des Turniersiegs fühlt sich die 25-Jährige noch nicht hundertprozentig fit: "Da ich letzte Saison nach den US Open fast kein Spiel mehr bestritten habe, stand hier für mich das Sammeln von Matchpraxis im Vordergrund. Ich befinde mich jedoch erst bei etwa 80 Prozent meiner Leistungsstärke." Anastasia wurde mit einer Rado-Uhr und einem Siegerpokal belohnt.

yep, Nastya is saying she is 80% at the moment... plus she got a rado-watch as a prize :p

She also said in another article that she wants to come back next year; Jürgen said the same....

Filippo-Nastya
Dec 10th, 2006, 09:46 AM
yep, Nastya is saying she is 80% at the moment... plus she got a rado-watch as a prize :p

She also said in another article that she wants to come back next year; Jürgen said the same....

Good, if she'll come back in St.Anton it means that she'll play in 2008 too.

Almalyk
Dec 10th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Nastya has had two incredibly lopsided losses to Schnyder. She lost 6-1, 6-1 in Linz in 2003. And the 6-2, 6-1 debacle in Australia last year. I hope she can make up for one of those defeats by thrashing Patty at some point in 2007.

I agree about the loss in Australia - that was a bizarre one, seriously one of the worst matches Nastya has ever played. She had no plan B.

As for the 6-1 6-1 loss, Nastya totally tanked that match.. I think she was exhausted after her prior efforts in the indoor season.

sinterklaasje
Dec 10th, 2006, 08:37 PM
:woohoo:
she won 2 matches in a row :eek:
well done :yeah:

Almalyk
Dec 11th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Nastya's next stop?
Is it Auckland, New Zealand?
:)

MyskinaManiac
Dec 11th, 2006, 03:07 AM
yep

ZIZOUILLE
Dec 11th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Congrats Nastya :bigclap:
It's good for her confidence. I hope she will play St Anton next year.

_LuCaS_
Dec 11th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Good job Nastya :D ;) :bounce:

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2006, 11:27 AM
VIENNA, Dec. 10 (Xinhua) -- Tennis star couple, Austrian Jrgen Melzer and his Russian girlfriend Anastasia Myskina won both singles titles on Saturday at the tele. ring Tennis Trophy, held in St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria.

The Austrian number one singles tennis player Jrgen Melzer, world ranked 41, defeated his Swedish opponent Joachim Johansson, world ranked 193, 6-3, 6-2, and became the first player who succeed in defending the title at this Trophy.
In the women singles final, his girlfriend Myskina beat the Swiss three-time trophy winner Patty Schnyder, world ranked 9, 6-2,2-6, 10-8.
Due to the toe injury, Myskina had to rest for a long time after the US open, and her world ranking dropped to 16.
"It's very important for me to come here to attend the trophy, and fortunately, Jrgen also won this Champion. It really makes the week perfect", she said after the match. The annual tele.ring Tennis Trophy is one of the most important and celebrated sport events in Austria, which attracted many such world-famous players as Tommy Haas, Jewgeni Kafelnikow, even the world Number 1 Roger Federer to attend.

MyskinaManiac
Dec 11th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah... go Nastya!

miffedmax
Dec 11th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Ah, ain't that cute?

Way to go, Nastya!

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Anyone want to translate this?

09.12.2006, 16:11 Uhr
"Jürgen wird 2007 unglaublich spielen!"

http://www.sport1.at/typo3temp/pics/5accb2284a.jpg Anastasia Myskina will 2007 wieder in die Top 10 vorstoßen
St. Anton - 25 Jahre ist Anastasia Myskina erst jung und trotzdem hat die hübsche Russin schon einiges als Tennis-Spielerin auf der WTA-Tour erreicht.
Von ihren zehn Turniersiegen strahlt besonders ihr Triumph bei den French Open 2004 heraus.
Als erste Russin holte sie unter den Augen von Boris Jelzin in Roland Garros den Titel.
Myskina läßt Tennis-Österreich hoffen

In Österreich sorgte Myskina in diesem Jahr vor allem mit der Liaison mit Österreichs Nummer eins Jürgen Melzer für ein Rauschen im medialen Blätterwald.
Für Sport1 hat sich Myskina Zeit für ein Gespräch genommen. Dabei erklärt sie uns unter anderem, warum sich Tennis-Österreich auf ein erfolgreiches Jahr freuen darf!

Sport1: Wie geht es dir? Gefällt es dir hier in St. Anton?
Anastasia Myskina: Ja, ich bin nach 2005 schon zum zweiten Mal hier und es ist wirklich großartig. Aufgrund des fehlenden Schnees ist es heuer zwar nicht perfekt, aber für mich ist es trotzdem super, weil hier die Luft so frisch ist. Nach Moskau ist das einfach ideal!
Sport1: Ist es dort denn so schlimm?
Myskina: Nun, die Temperaturen sind ähnlich wie in St. Anton. Durch den starken Verkehr ist die Luft aber sehr schmutzig. Kein Vergleich zu St. Anton!
Sport1: Man merkt, dass du dich in St. Anton wirklich wohl fühlst.
Myskina: Ja, auf alle Fälle. Mir gefällt Österreich überhaupt sehr gut. Durch Jürgen habe ich ja auch schon Wien ein bisschen kennen lernen können.

Sport1: Und wo bist du lieber in Österreich: Im Osten oder im Westen?
Myskina: Ich kann da eigentlich gar nicht viele Unterschiede ausmachen. Für mich ist Österreich einfach ein wunderschönes Land. Auch Kitzbühel war großartig. Durch das schöne Wetter konnte man im See schwimmen gehen. Ich bin sogar ein bisschen getaucht und das Wasser war wirklich kristallklar. Aber auch jetzt im Winter gefällt es mir hier sehr gut. Mein Vater machte früher oft Urlaub in Österreich.
Sport1: Nach dem heuer eher verkorksten Jahr hast du dir öffentlich Gedanken über deinen Rücktritt gemacht. Ist das noch aktuell?
Myskina: Begonnen hat es heuer ja eigentlich ganz gut. Auch in Paris und Wimbledon hab ich ganz gut gespielt. Dann habe ich mich leider am Fuß verletzt. Es war zwar nichts gebrochen, aber nahe dran. Daher musste ich die Saison auch früh beenden. Abseits des Platzes habe ich aber dafür eine schöne Zeit verbracht. Ich konnte herumreisen und ein bisschen Herren-Tennis schauen (lächelt).
Sport1: Hast du deshalb über die Tennis-Pension nachgedacht?

Myskina: Nein, die Rücktritts-Gedanken kamen mir nur deshalb in den Sinn, weil ich nicht mehr wusste, ob ich irgendwann wieder voll fit werden kann. Die Schmerzen waren einfach immer da. Jetzt ist es allerdings anders: Ich fühle mich wieder gut und nichts tut mehr weh. Ich werde also noch ein bisschen weiterspielen.

Sport1: Wir müssen uns also nicht auf einen baldigen Abschied deinerseits einstellen?
Myskina: Sagen wir mal: Sag niemals nie. Derzeit will ich aber auf alle Fälle spielen.
Sport1: Du hast vorher gesagt, dass du zuletzt einige Herren-Matches gesehen hast. Kannst du vom "starken Geschlecht" etwas lernen bzw. gibt dir auch Jürgen Tipps für dein Spiel?
Myskina: Ich habe in den letzten Monaten schon einiges lernen können. Es ist einfach sehr interessant, wenn man andere Leute trainieren und spielen sieht. Bei den Männern ist die große Dichte beeindruckend. Es ist wirklich sehr schwer, überhaupt in die Top 50 rein zukommen. Ab und zu gibt mir Jürgen auch ein paar Tipps, hauptsächlich schaue ich aber nur zu.
Sport1: Und wie sieht es umgekehrt aus?
Myskina: Nein, nicht wirklich. Er ist ja viel stärker und besser als ich. Vor allem derzeit wird er ja immer besser. Ich freue mich für ihn, dass es im Ranking jetzt so schnell bergauf geht.
Sport1: Was glaubst du, kann Jürgen in der nächsten Saison erreichen?
Myskina: Er kann ein großartiges Jahr haben. Er kann es in die Top 20 oder sogar in die Top 10 schaffen. Ich freue mich schon darauf, seine Matches zu sehen. Ich glaube, dass er 2007 unglaublich spielen wird. Und ich hoffe wirklich, dass er es sogar in die Top 10 schafft!
Sport1: Und wie schaut es mit deinen Zielen für 2007 aus?
Myskina: Ich war schon einmal in den Top 10 und warum sollte ich es also nicht noch einmal schaffen. Es kommt alles auf die Ziele, die Motivation und das Training an - wenn alles zusammenpasst, dann klappt es.
Sport1: Noch nie zuvor war die Dichte im Damen-Tennis so groß wie in den letzten Jahren. Im Gegensatz zu früher können viel mehr als drei, vier Spielerinnen ein Grand Slam gewinnen. Ist das eine gute Sache?
Myskina: Ich finde das toll. Es ist für die Zuschauer ja sonst nicht spannend, wenn es bis zum Halbfinale keine Überraschungen gibt und die Siegerinnen schon feststehen. Heutzutage kann im Raster immer alles passieren.

Sport1: Wie schaut dein Plan für die nächsten Wochen aus?
Myskina: Ich werde nach Hause fliegen und einige Zeit mit meinen Eltern verbringen. Außerdem muss ich natürlich für die neue Saison trainieren. In Auckland werde ich mein erstes Turnier im Jahr 2007 bestreiten.
Sport1: Sport1 wünscht dir viel Glück für die neue Saison und dankt für das Gespräch!
Das Gespräch führte Christian Frühwald

Quelle: Sport1.at

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2006, 03:49 PM
http://www.sportlive.at/objectstore/20061205174251.jpgAnastasia Myskina and Jürgen Melzer

ARIANE 5
Dec 11th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Goldenlox you are the best :yeah:

Spunky83
Dec 11th, 2006, 06:39 PM
The translated interview will be up on a-m.com in about an hour.

rrfnpump
Dec 11th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Sport1: Wie geht es dir? Gefällt es dir hier in St. Anton?
Anastasia Myskina: Ja, ich bin nach 2005 schon zum zweiten Mal hier und es ist wirklich großartig. Aufgrund des fehlenden Schnees ist es heuer zwar nicht perfekt, aber für mich ist es trotzdem super, weil hier die Luft so frisch ist. Nach Moskau ist das einfach ideal!

Nastya... thats not the reason :lol: :p

Sport1: Nach dem heuer eher verkorksten Jahr hast du dir öffentlich Gedanken über deinen Rücktritt gemacht. Ist das noch aktuell?
Myskina: Nein, die Rücktritts-Gedanken kamen mir nur deshalb in den Sinn, weil ich nicht mehr wusste, ob ich irgendwann wieder voll fit werden kann. Die Schmerzen waren einfach immer da. Jetzt ist es allerdings anders: Ich fühle mich wieder gut und nichts tut mehr weh. Ich werde also noch ein bisschen weiterspielen.

yay, Nastya :woohoo:
no pain anymore, she will definitely play in 2007

Spunky83
Dec 11th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Interview translated on www.anastasia-myskina.com

She sounds sooooo optimistic!

french_girl
Dec 11th, 2006, 07:51 PM
thx a lot for this translation Spunky ;)

selyoink
Dec 11th, 2006, 09:18 PM
She is deluding herself if she thinks Jurgen can get in the top 10.

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 11th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Going back to Myskina's schedule for 2007...

As Gold Exempt 14-20 or Silver Exempt 21-30 (I don't know her current status) Nastya's committed to play three Tier III tournaments in 2007. Two of them seem to be already known: Istanbul and Cincinnati. But which will be the third one?
It could be:
Memphis (the week after Antwerp)
Acapulco (the week after Memphis and before Indian Wells)
Birmingham
Kitzbuhel (the week after Cincinnati therefore it's very unlikely)
Bali (the week after US Open)
Calcutta (next week)
Guangzhou (next week and right before Stuttgart, again very unlikely)
Quebec City (the week before YEC)

Which tournament will Nastya play?

martirogi
Dec 11th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Going back to Myskina's schedule for 2007...

As Gold Exempt 14-20 or Silver Exempt 21-30 (I don't know her current status) Nastya's committed to play three Tier III tournaments in 2007. Two of them seem to be already known: Istanbul and Cincinnati. But which will be the third one?
It could be:
Memphis (the week after Antwerp)
Acapulco (the week after Memphis and before Indian Wells)
Birmingham
Kitzbuhel (the week after Cincinnati therefore it's very unlikely)
Bali (the week after US Open)
Calcutta (next week)
Guangzhou (next week and right before Stuttgart, again very unlikely)
Quebec City (the week before YEC)

Which tournament will Nastya play?

how do know she'll play istanbul and cincy in 07?

the third will prob be bali. she's played there before and she got her (first?) doubles title there.

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2006, 12:36 AM
She is deluding herself if she thinks Jurgen can get in the top 10.That could be her future husband. How much German does Nastya speak? She might wind up living in Austria.

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 12th, 2006, 12:56 AM
how do know she'll play istanbul and cincy in 07?

the third will prob be bali. she's played there before and she got her (first?) doubles title there.

This year she had the same Exempt status and was scheduled to play Istanbul, Cincinnati and Hasselt. I think her first two stops will remain unchanged :confused: but since Hasselt is not held anymore I guess Bali will be included in her schedule too.

Emptiness
Dec 12th, 2006, 01:40 AM
http://www.sportlive.at/objectstore/20061205174251.jpgAnastasia Myskina and Jürgen Melzer
Okay. Awwwwwww. Those two are very cute together. :lick:

She is deluding herself if she thinks Jurgen can get in the top 10.
Hey, hey, low expectations and goals often leads to low results. Of course, there is also no chance for hope to be crushed either ehs? :p

Thanks for translation Spunky. Sounds like Anastasia is on cloud nine.

martirogi
Dec 12th, 2006, 02:39 AM
that is a really cute picture. :hearts:

jurgen was improving at the end of last season. i think he has top 20 potential.

frenchie
Dec 12th, 2006, 08:45 AM
The interview sounds promising!!

Finally some words about the retiremement thing which is good to know!
However I hope she maintains this level of motivation and fitness throughout the year!

meyerpl
Dec 12th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the translation Spunky. I was especially glad to read that Nastya had a great 2006 off the court, which wasn't the case in 2005.

denine
Dec 12th, 2006, 12:10 PM
i'm excited for 2007 already! :bounce:

Foot's Fingers
Dec 12th, 2006, 01:17 PM
VIENNA, Dec. 10 (Xinhua) -- Tennis star couple, Austrian Jrgen Melzer and his Russian girlfriend Anastasia Myskina won both singles titles on Saturday at the tele. ring Tennis Trophy, held in St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria.

The Austrian number one singles tennis player Jrgen Melzer, world ranked 41, defeated his Swedish opponent Joachim Johansson, world ranked 193, 6-3, 6-2, and became the first player who succeed in defending the title at this Trophy.
In the women singles final, his girlfriend Myskina beat the Swiss three-time trophy winner Patty Schnyder, world ranked 9, 6-2,2-6, 10-8.
Due to the toe injury, Myskina had to rest for a long time after the US open, and her world ranking dropped to 16.
"It's very important for me to come here to attend the trophy, and fortunately, Jrgen also won this Champion. It really makes the week perfect", she said after the match. The annual tele.ring Tennis Trophy is one of the most important and celebrated sport events in Austria, which attracted many such world-famous players as Tommy Haas, Jewgeni Kafelnikow, even the world Number 1 Roger Federer to attend.

:tape: what a spelling

at least Myskina and her bf have a nice time

Foot's Fingers
Dec 12th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Special thnks to Spunky for translation

Jurgen reminds me one of russian actor

MyskinaManiac
Dec 12th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Nastya will most likely play in Birmingham, as she has a fair amount of points to defend in the grass court season. I doubt that we're going to see Nastya play in Cincy or Bali. I think she'll play Kulcutta again.

Almalyk
Dec 12th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Less than 3 weeks until I see Nastya in Auckland :) :bigclap:

selyoink
Dec 12th, 2006, 07:50 PM

Lucky bastard :p

Spunky83
Dec 12th, 2006, 09:10 PM
That could be her future husband. How much German does Nastya speak? She might wind up living in Austria.

Her German is pretty much non existing. She can hardly say any words in German, just a couple of things and phrases maybe. Could have changed in the last two years.

frenchie
Dec 12th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Her German is pretty much non existing. She can hardly say any words in German, just a couple of things and phrases maybe. Could have changed in the last two years.

You should know that german is:tape: to learn!!
I took 6 years of lessons and can't speak a single word of german:rolleyes:

der die das dem dessen...:help:

frenchie
Dec 12th, 2006, 09:50 PM

lucky you;)

MyskinaManiac
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:19 AM

Learning German as a person that speaks english as their first language was relatively easier for me than French. I had classes of it for only a year and I picked up heaps, not to mention the fact that my great grandfather is German and often mutters things at me in German. I have been told though that French and German couldn't be further apart. To me, German sounds very tribal. lol!

Anywhoo, I can't wait to see Nastya play, should be interesting - and what she's going to wear!!! I can't wait to see Nastya holding a trophy aloft once more!

Foot's Fingers
Dec 13th, 2006, 12:25 PM

OHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

TOTALLY AGREE

and this ugly soundings :tape: i gived up to learn it

sorry to all German, nothing private

Almalyk
Dec 13th, 2006, 12:33 PM
lucky you;)

but no worry good nastya fans!! i will have a camera with me for photos, and a media pass for access to all interviews! i will be able to tell you whether nastya is in good form to start the year, or whether she is just a joke waiting to be beaten by number 459. :help: or:worship:

selyoink
Dec 13th, 2006, 02:08 PM
but no worry good nastya fans!! i will have a camera with me for photos, and a media pass for access to all interviews! i will be able to tell you whether nastya is in good form to start the year, or whether she is just a joke waiting to be beaten by number 459. :help: or:worship:

We are all eagerly awaiting your report and pictures.

frenchie
Dec 13th, 2006, 02:59 PM

I'm waiting for your detailed reports!!;)

MyskinaManiac
Dec 14th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Ok, I had a dream that I got my pic taken with Nastya at one of her practice sessions in Melbourne. I'm actually looking into flights to Melbourne from Sydney to see half a dozen matches over three days at the AO. Wish me luck!

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2006, 07:31 PM
http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/pics/03tt2/wttamys04.jpg
Anastasia Myskina (2003 World Team Tennis)
http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/pics/03tt2/wttamys01.jpg
Anastasia Myskina (2003 World Team Tennis)

http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/pics/04iw/iw04amys2.jpg
Anastasia Myskina (2004 Indian Wells)

http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/pics/05ao/05ozanastasia%20myskina13.jpg
Anastasia Myskina (2005 Australian Open)

http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/pics/05ao/05ozanastasia%20myskina04.jpg
http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/pics/05ao/05ozanastasia%20myskina05.jpg

http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/pics/06us/06usmys1.jpg
Anastasia Myskina (2006 US Open)
http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/pics/06us/06usmys2.jpg
Anastasia Myskina (2006 US Open)

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2006, 07:32 PM
http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/pics/kl/klamsp.jpg
Anastasia Myskina and Sarah Pitkowski (2000 Wismilak International in Kuala Lumpur)
http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/pics/00us/00usam1.jpg
Anastasia Myskina (2000 US Open)

selyoink
Dec 14th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Wow she looks so weird in those two pictures from 2000. She also looks like a giant standing next to that girl in the Kuala Lumpur picture.

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2006, 08:32 PM
I like the long hair.

selyoink
Dec 14th, 2006, 08:47 PM
I like the long hair.

I don't. It is too long in those early pictures. I've grown accustomed to her current hair length though I still prefer the short hair, which seems to be gone forever.

frenchie
Dec 14th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Nastya got so much better throughout the years!!

It's really amazing how she developped into a sex bomb!
Sarah Pitkowsky of France is now a ES commentator and she's great!! This girl has a huge sense of humour. I spend a great time watching tennis on ES

selyoink
Dec 14th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Nastya got so much better throughout the years!!

It's really amazing how she developped into a sex bomb!

Totally agree. She looks like a dorky teenager in the pics from 2000. Never would have thought that the girl from 2000 would become the sexy woman she is today.

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2006, 09:43 PM
http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/pics/kl/klam2.jpg
Anastasia Myskina (2000 Wismilak International in Kuala Lumpur)
http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/pics/kl/klam3.jpg
Anastasia Myskina (2000 Wismilak International in Kuala Lumpur)
http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/pics/kl/klam4.jpg

selyoink
Dec 14th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Aiieeeeeeee!

She looks so uncoordinated in those pictures.

And those shorts. :o

Emptiness
Dec 14th, 2006, 10:01 PM
LOL. I love the girl but i seriously busted out laughing while scrolling through those pics. Oy. :lol:

She's gotten so hot, ages like fine wine. :drool:

selyoink
Dec 14th, 2006, 10:04 PM
LOL. I love the girl but i seriously busted out laughing while scrolling through those pics. Oy. :lol:

She's gotten so hot, ages like fine wine. :drool:

My reaction was similar.

It is pretty shocking that the girl from 2000 is the same person as today.

Emptiness
Dec 14th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.

She's grown more assured of herself and it shows in her appearance for sure.

MyskinaManiac
Dec 15th, 2006, 03:11 AM
I bought the Official Australian Open Program today. Not sure if everybody knows whats in her profile, but I'll write it anyway.

"Last season was a frustrating one for Russia's former leading light. Myskina, the 2004 Roland Garros champion, failed to win a tournament last year, and endured disappointing Grand Slam results as she openly considered her furture in the game. Myskina's one shining light was her form on grass, where she reached the final at Eastbourne and quarter-finals at Wimbledon. In Eastbourne, she had her best win of the season, defeating Svetlana Kuznetsova before losing to Justine Henin-Hardenne in a final set tie-break. Her win against Kuznetsova was her only victory over a top 10 player in 2006. Myskina's bad luck was confounded when inflammation in her toe kept her out of several tournaments towards the end of the year. With a trying year behind her, Myskina will be looking to rebound in style in Australia, which has been a happy hunting ground in the past" At AO 19 wins - 6 losses Her best Grand Slam showing.

Boring to say the least... but if you're interested, that's what's in the AO official program about Nastya.

selyoink
Dec 16th, 2006, 12:54 AM
No one wants to talk about Nastya?

martirogi
Dec 16th, 2006, 01:58 AM
No one wants to talk about Nastya?

we've all taken a vow a silence until her first match in aukland. didn't u get the pm?

selyoink
Dec 16th, 2006, 04:35 AM
we've all taken a vow a silence until her first match in aukland. didn't u get the pm?

Nope. Cool new avatar.

I find it hard to believe you wouldn't have anything to say about those old school Nastya pictures that goldenlox posted.

meyerpl
Dec 17th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Totally agree. She looks like a dorky teenager in the pics from 2000. Never would have thought that the girl from 2000 would become the sexy woman she is today.
Just as baffling is looking at pictures from 1992 & 1993, in which she looks like an undeveloped pre-adolescent. What the hell?

selyoink
Dec 17th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Just as baffling is looking at pictures from 1992 & 1993, in which she looks like an undeveloped pre-adolescent. What the hell?

:lol:

But she was like 19 in those pictures from 2000, which really isn't a teenager anymore. She shouldn't be that dorky anymore.

meyerpl
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:59 AM
:lol:

But she was like 19 in those pictures from 2000, which really isn't a teenager anymore. She shouldn't be that dorky anymore.
Hell, I'm going to be 49 next month and I'm still dorkier than Nastya ever was!

selyoink
Dec 17th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Hell, I'm going to be 49 next month and I'm still dorkier than Nastya ever was!

I find that hard to believe. Maybe you are more of a dork but you couldn't possibly look as dorky as she did back then.

angiee3
Dec 17th, 2006, 04:26 AM
thx for posting the pics goldenlox..
i had never seen them before..

what a difference in appearance...!

meyerpl
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Well, perhaps Nastya was a late bloomer, but she has certainly transformed from a charmingly awkward looking young girl into a hauntingly beautiful young woman.

meyerpl
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:26 PM
I find that hard to believe. Maybe you are more of a dork but you couldn't possibly look as dorky as she did back then.
Dork wasn't even a word until I came along. Nerd just didn't cut it.

selyoink
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Dork wasn't even a word until I came along. Nerd just didn't cut it.

At least you are an innovator then. :lol:

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Does anyone have pics of Nastya as a kid?
I've seen Lena D, Vera Z and Dinara young.
I'd like to see Nastya at 5.

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2006, 01:50 AM
http://en.chinabroadcast.cn/mmsource/images/2006/05/23/4081myskina.gif

http://www.tennisexpress.com/mmTENNIS/Images//players/anaMyskina.jpgAnastasia Myskina Products

http://www.tennisexpress.com/mmTENNIS/Images/312836-191tnx.jpg (http://www.tennisexpress.com/ItemMatrix~gname~Air+Zoom+Mystify+Women%27s+Shoes+ ~GroupCode~312836%2D191~eq~.htm)Nike Air Zoom Mystify Women's Shoes (http://www.tennisexpress.com/ItemMatrix~gname~Air+Zoom+Mystify+Women%27s+Shoes+ ~GroupCode~312836%2D191~eq~.htm)
http://www.tennisexpress.com/mmTENNIS/Images/SX0757-101tnx.jpg (http://www.tennisexpress.com/Itemdesc~product~Dri%2DFit+Tennis+Low+Cut~ic~SX075 7%2D101~eq~~Tp~.htm)Nike Dri-Fit Tennis Low Cut (http://www.tennisexpress.com/Itemdesc~product~Dri%2DFit+Tennis+Low+Cut~ic~SX075 7%2D101~eq~~Tp~.htm)
http://www.tennisexpress.com/mmTENNIS/Images/235806tnx.jpg (http://www.tennisexpress.com/ItemMatrix~gname~Flexpoint+Instinct+Racquets~Group Code~235806~eq~.htm)Head Flexpoint Instinct Racquets (http://www.tennisexpress.com/ItemMatrix~gname~Flexpoint+Instinct+Racquets~Group Code~235806~eq~.htm)
http://www.tennisexpress.com/mmTENNIS/Images/KIRSSS16tnx.jpg (http://www.tennisexpress.com/Itemdesc~product~Super+Smash+Spiky+17g+1%2E25~ic~K IRSSS17%3ASET~eq~~Tp~.htm)Kirschbaum Super Smash Spiky 17g 1.25 (http://www.tennisexpress.com/Itemdesc~product~Super+Smash+Spiky+17g+1%2E25~ic~K IRSSS17%3ASET~eq~~Tp~.htm)

saab95
Dec 18th, 2006, 03:40 AM
Does anyone have pics of Nastya as a kid?
I've seen Lena D, Vera Z and Dinara young.
I'd like to see Nastya at 5.

http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/3733/myslg6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

slk45
Dec 18th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Is that really Nastya with St. Nick?? Cute! :)

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2006, 10:13 AM
http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/3733/myslg6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)Thanks :wavey:

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2006, 10:38 AM
http://www.brooklynantiques.com/Tennis/Images/myskina_2004.jpg

slk45
Dec 18th, 2006, 01:09 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Almalyk
Dec 18th, 2006, 11:29 PM
2 weeks until i'll see Nastya :D

Number19
Dec 19th, 2006, 01:00 AM
I'm sure she's counting the days until she sees you too.

Yes, that's jealousy you detect.

angiee3
Dec 19th, 2006, 01:33 AM
ohh. lucky you...
take a lot of pics!

Almalyk
Dec 19th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Well that would be an interesting concept... But i'm hoping she's looking forward to her first time in Auckland, and New Zealand!

I'm sure she's counting the days until she sees you too.

Yes, that's jealousy you detect.

goldenlox
Dec 19th, 2006, 01:42 AM
That's an old joke - "I'll see you later"
"Not if I see you first"

selyoink
Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:07 AM
It has been way too long since someone made a post in here.

So I wonder who will be Nastya's first victim of the 2007 campaign. I just hope whoever it is, is also Nastya's first opponent of the year.

goldenlox
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:12 PM
Not too long until the draw is out. We will probably read about her arriving down under in a few days.

frenchie
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:47 PM
I'm excited......and scared at the same time!

goldenlox
Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:09 PM
How she does in Melbourne is much more important. This is a warmup.

slk45
Dec 23rd, 2006, 04:51 PM
Merry Christmas to Nastya and her fans, and a Happy New Year! :bounce:

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 23rd, 2006, 05:25 PM
Merry Christmas to Nastya and her fans, and a Happy New Year! :bounce:

The Orthodox Christmas is on January, 7th. But thanks and
Merry Xmas to you!

slk45
Dec 23rd, 2006, 06:02 PM
The Orthodox Christmas is on January, 7th. But thanks and Merry Xmas to you!We'll do it again January 7th! :D

goldenlox
Dec 24th, 2006, 01:57 AM
Nastya's boyfriend celebrates on Dec 5th? So they have over a month of gift giving.

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 24th, 2006, 03:20 AM
Some people here in Russia (ok, many people) can celebrate consecutively: the Catholic Xmas, New Year, the Orthodox Christmas, Old New Year (my English isn't good enough to explain what it means) and Chinese New Year :lol:

angiee3
Dec 24th, 2006, 04:38 AM
lol. you guys celebrate a lot! but that's cool...

Merry Christmas to all of you.. Have fun and enjoy!:bounce:

cindy
Dec 24th, 2006, 09:58 AM
merry christmas!!!!!

MyskinaManiac
Dec 24th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Just reading about all this celebrating... In Oz (Sydney), we celebrate Christmas 25th and 26th Boxing Day (the day after Christmas) and we hit NYE pretty hard. Chinese New is also celebrated hugely in Chinatown in Sydney.

I hope everyone has a great christmas and fantastic new year... that's if I don't get the chance to say so. Keep on supporting Nastya, I feel a revival coming along!

Dzung
Dec 24th, 2006, 02:45 PM
merry x-mas everybody!!! :-*

meyerpl
Dec 24th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Warm wishes to all for a merry Christmas!

Emptiness
Dec 25th, 2006, 02:07 AM
Happy holidays everyone. :)

denine
Dec 25th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Merry Christmas!

frenchie
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Merry christmas to all of you!!

slk45
Dec 25th, 2006, 04:17 PM
lol. you guys celebrate a lot! but that's cool...

Merry Christmas to all of you.. Have fun and enjoy!:bounce:If you're in Mexico, and Catholic, you should have muchas dias de fiesta during the year! :)

angiee3
Dec 25th, 2006, 05:20 PM
well in my town in Mexico, this is the month for partying. last year there were parties every day.. I think this year is going the same way... but yeah there are a lot of parties/celebrations during the whole year.
(but the only bad part is that i'm not there to enjoy them.. lol i live in the US)

Filippo-Nastya
Dec 25th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Merry Christmas!!

goldenlox
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Vera and Marion are on their way to Aukland. Nastya should be on her way any day now.

miffedmax
Dec 26th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Hope everybody's X-mas was as good, or even better than mine.

bucklemyshoe
Dec 26th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Vera and Marion are on their way to Aukland. Nastya should be on her way any day now.

The second seed, 2004 French Open champion and world No 16 Anastasia Myskina, arrives today.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10416883

Josh810
Dec 27th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Not sure if anyone's posted this, if they have, my fault. Nastya was #19 in a top 20 best-looking female athletes in Sports Illustrated recently. Cool to see some recognition from a U.S magazine, even though it's #19. Guess who was #1, of course...:(

Link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0611/gallery.prettypeople.women20/content.2.html

selyoink
Dec 27th, 2006, 04:46 AM
So Nastya is in Auckland then. What day does the draw come out?

bucklemyshoe
Dec 27th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Myskina arrives in NZ

Dec 27, 2006

Former French Open champion Anastasia Myskina arrived at Auckland to the pouring rain in preparation for the ASB Classic starting next week.

The current world No16, who has been as high as No2 in February 2004, comes to Auckland for the first time and will be seeded second behind No12 Jelena Jankovic of Serbia.

But the Russian doesn't mind that Jankovic, Marion Bartoli and Daniela Hantuchova are also ranked in the top-20 and will be stern competition for the event which starts January 1 and will be live on TV ONE and on tvnz.co.nz.

"It's good for me that there are top-20 players. I need those matches at the beginning of the year. Everyone is tough. I've never played here before and I wanted to try something different," said the Russian

"I've been practicing really hard and running a lot in preparation for the start of the year. Every time I start the year different. Last year was okay, maybe this year will be good," said Myskina, who was the first Russian to win a Grand Slam singles title when she won the French Open at Roland Garros in 2004.

She also was the first Russian to be ranked in the top five rankings and now has a total of 10 WTA singles titles to her credit.

In 2006 she did not win a title, but was a beaten finalist on three occasions - Istanbul, Eastbourne and Stockholm. She also made the quarter-finals at Wimbledon.
:bounce:

selyoink
Dec 27th, 2006, 05:03 AM
Thanks very much for the article. I really hope Nastya can get off to a fast start and win this event.

pav
Dec 27th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Watched an interview with Nastya as she came though the airport on the sports news tonight,she looked happy and healthy

cindy
Dec 27th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Not sure if anyone's posted this, if they have, my fault. Nastya was #19 in a top 20 best-looking female athletes in Sports Illustrated recently. Cool to see some recognition from a U.S magazine, even though it's #19. Guess who was #1, of course...:(

Link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0611/gallery.prettypeople.women20/content.2.html

nastya deserves a better place! so does sasha cohen of course!!! but thx for the link! I love that kind of poll! it's stupid and I always wonder how they make them choice but I like it

I hope nastya will have a real good start of the year...she seems to be :bounce: and motivated so...ùaybe she'll realy do something realy great!

sinterklaasje
Dec 27th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Merry Christmas (a bit too late) and a Happy New Year for everyone!

I'm really excited for the start of the new season. But I don't really know what to expect. The end of last season did not give much to be optimistic about, but Nastya winning the exhibition tournament gave me hope again. I guess the tournament in NZ will tell us more about her form and her motivation.
Davai Nastya!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

miffedmax
Dec 27th, 2006, 03:05 PM
RE: SI's stupid poll.

Yes, Nastya should be higher.

And TOB isn't even the best-looking tennis player. Or the best looking Russian tennis player. Or the best looking blonde Russian tennis player . . .

selyoink
Dec 27th, 2006, 04:00 PM

And TOB isn't even the best-looking tennis player. Or the best looking Russian tennis player. Or the best looking blonde Russian tennis player . . .

Still bitter about it I see.

I think it is surprising that Nastya made the list at all.

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2006, 04:18 PM
The list was done by models. They knew about the lawsuit, it involved a photographer and who owns the pics

manu32
Dec 27th, 2006, 05:58 PM
nastya is the best looking russian player

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Watched an interview with Nastya as she came though the airport on the sports news tonight,she looked happy and healthyThanks. Keep us informed.

Josh810
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:36 AM

And TOB isn't even the best-looking tennis player. Or the best looking Russian tennis player. Or the best looking blonde Russian tennis player . . .Yeah, a lot of the people on the list, I'm just thinking to myself WTF? Marion Jones, Lisa Leslie, Michelle Wie? Yikes. I was just surprised to see her on the list, given that she's relatively unknown here.

slk45
Dec 28th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Merry Christmas (a bit too late) and a Happy New Year for everyone!Not too late at all. It's only the 3rd day of Christmas (12 days, you know). ;)

And TOB isn't even the best-looking tennis player. Or the best looking Russian tennis player. Or the best looking blonde Russian tennis player . . .Max is honing right in. :lol:

The list was done by models. They knew about the lawsuit, it involved a photographer and who owns the picsNow which lawsuit is this?? :confused: (wta...wta...wta...wta...):wavey:

bucklemyshoe
Dec 28th, 2006, 04:46 AM
There's 5 pictures of her practicing in Auckland on Getty. :wavey:

selyoink
Dec 28th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

frenchie
Dec 28th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Nastya has a new yellow head racket which is very nice!!

why does she wears a trouser? Is it cold in NZ?

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 28th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Nastya has a new yellow head racket which is very nice!!

why does she wears a trouser? Is it cold in NZ?

18-20 C
(from weather.com)

frenchie
Dec 28th, 2006, 10:30 AM
18-20 C
(from weather.com)

ok thanks;)
I thought it would be more like 30-35:rolleyes:
Good for Nastya

goldenlox
Dec 28th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Tennis: Myskina keeps low-profile but has lofty ambitions

Email this story (http://dynamic.nzherald.co.nz/email/index.cfm?c_id=94&objectid=10416978)Print this story (http://javascript<b></b>:window.print();) Thursday December 28, 2006
By David Leggat (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/author/index.cfm?a_id=42)

http://media.apn.co.nz/webcontent/image/jpg/28AnastasiaMyskina.jpg
Former French Open winner Anastasia Myskina's world ranking has slipped to 16 after an injury-hit season. Picture / Reuters
ASB Classic (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/event/index.cfm?c_id=528)

Sport (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/event/story.cfm?c_id=528&objectid=10331009)
Tennis: French bring flair to town early (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/event/story.cfm?c_id=528&objectid=10416883)
Former French Open champion Anastasia Myskina slipped into Auckland yesterday almost unnoticed.
She'd blended in with the cluster of ASB Classic arrivals so seamlessly that officials had to do a double take.
It's a fair bet the Russian won't slip as easily under the radar next week as she starts a year she hopes will put her back inside the world top 10.
The world No 16 hasn't played since October, had the latter part of her season marred by an inflamed toe, but she's keen to restamp her mark on the game next year.
"I have played the Gold Coast and the Hopman Cup, but I have never played here," Myskina said. "I really wanted to try something different, something new and I have heard good things about this tournament."
Myskina triumphed in the French Open of 2004, swamping compatriot Elena Dementieva 6-1, 6-2 in the first all-Russian Grand Slam final. She was the first Russian to crack the world top five, has won 10 singles titles and pocketed over US$5.5 million ($7.8 million) in winnings.

She has slipped since that memorable day in Paris, but remains formidable, reaching three finals this year and she progressed deep into three of the four Grand Slam tournaments.
The 25-year-old, who swapped the snow of Moscow on Boxing Day for the rain in Auckland yesterday, will be second seed for the Classic behind world No 12 Jelena Jankovic of Serbia.

goldenlox
Dec 28th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Tennis: Russian resolution

Email this story (http://dynamic.nzherald.co.nz/email/index.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10417046)Print this story (http://javascript<b></b>:window.print();) Friday December 29, 2006

http://media.apn.co.nz/webcontent/image/jpg/29AnastasiaMyskina.jpg
Anastasia Myskina aims to use the ASB Classic in Auckland to spark her return to the world's top 10, two years after winning the French Open. Photo / Martin Sykes

Tennis: Russian in mood to go one better (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/event/story.cfm?c_id=528&objectid=10417093)
Tennis: Six of the best in the ASB Classic (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/event/story.cfm?c_id=528&objectid=10417047)
You've just won the French Open title, you're officially the second best player on Earth and you're 22. Life must have looked just fine to Anastasia Myskina in June 2004.
But the last two years have not been easy, and the player who will get her year started in the ASB Classic on Monday is out to recapture the game which had her at the forefront of the Russian march towards domination of the women's game.
The odd Belgian or Frenchwoman apart, it's the Marias, Svetlanas and Nadias who have replaced the Serenas, Venuses and Lindsays as the hotshots.
For Myskina, 2004 will be tough to top. Apart from her magic fortnight in Paris, when she became the first Russian to win a Grand Slam, beating compatriot Elena Dementieva in a one-sided romp, she made the semifinals at the Athens Olympics, and was the standout performer when Russia won the Fed Cup for the first time in her back yard of Moscow in November.
And from that night, she's sure to remember the bear-hug she copped from former president, beefy Boris Yeltsin. But since then, she's had to cope with a serious illness to her mother Galina, and legal battles over photographs she didn't want published.

While her off-court drama was going on, her ranking slipped. She's still No 16, has won 10 singles titles - seven of them in 2003-04 - and banked just under US$5.6 million. She made three finals this year - at Istanbul, Eastbourne and Stockholm - but had her campaign cut short by a toe inflammation.
Yet Myskina appears a composed sort, phlegmatic about events and accepts that you have to ride the tough breaks and grab your chances when they come.
"It was really tough at one point, but my team was round me and that helped a lot," she said.
By team, she means her coach German Jens Gerlach, family and friends. And they crop up in conversation often.
She acknowledged it can be difficult to stay mentally strong if things are not going your way, "and you put yourself down, [you think] 'Oh, I can't do it any more'. But you have your team round you who help you believe in yourself."
And Myskina insists she feels no pressure to regain her spot at the elite table of the women's game, which currently includes four other Russians - Maria Sharapova (No 2), Svetlana Kuznetsova (No 4), this year's Classic top seed Nadia Petrova (No 6) and Elena Dementieva (No 8).
"No, not at all. Of course you want to play your best, want to win tournaments. But you have great years and bad years and that's sports life. You cannot always be on top. You win and you lose."
She reckons this year she's been "playing okay, much better than 2005. But my injury was really bad by the end of the year. Now I'm healthy and really looking forward to it".
Only two other players have contested the Auckland event after winning a Grand Slam - Spain's Conchita Martinez, who turned up some years after winning at Wimbledon in 1994, and France's Mary Pierce, who won the Australian Open in 1995 and the French crown in 2000 - played here in 2003.
Myskina will be second seed behind Serbia's Jelena Jankovic next week. If she takes a glance at her head-to-head record against the other seven seeds, she might give a quiet smile.
Out of a total 16 matches against six of them - she has yet to play eighth-seeded American Shenay Perry - Myskina has lost just once, to fifth seed and this year's beaten finalist in Auckland, Vera Zvonareva, who beat her on clay in Berlin in 2003.
She holds a 3-0 record against Jankovic, won her only clash with defending champion and third seed Marion Bartoli last year and is 2-0 against fourth seed Daniela Hantuchova.
Myskina insists she can make it back to the very top. She knows she has to brush up her serve to stay on par with the tall, lithe, athletes at the top of the circuit - but she's been working hard.
Through the latter part of the year, when other players were putting their feet up she's been clocking up the kilometres and hitting "thousands of balls".
She's relishing the thought of getting back on court and after her good friend and frequent Auckland visitor Elena Likhovtseva gave her the word that Auckland was a good starting point, she's happy to be here.
Myskina is no longer the only Russian Grand Slammer.
Sharapova has done it twice, Kuznetsova once since Myskina broke down the door.
And she was the first to crack the top five. The others swarmed in after her breakthrough.
And perhaps it's that thought which provides a spur for Myskina. A hint of determination surfaces as she pondered the year ahead.
"It was great to be the first to do something, but I know a lot of [Russian] girls did a lot of things right after me. I want to do something else, I want to win more tournaments.
"This [Auckland] is good for me, I need these matches, I need to get into the top 10."

Anastasia Myskina
Born: July 8, 1981, in Moscow
Lives: Moscow
Height: 1.74m
Weight: 59kg
World ranking: 16
Highest ranking: 2 (Sept. 2004)
WTA Tour singles titles: 10
WTA Tour doubles titles: 5
Career earnings: US$5.5 million ($7.8m)

miffedmax
Dec 28th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Nice article on Nastya.

I hope she has a great '07.

Derek.
Dec 28th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Flashy racquet. :p

Good luck Nastya. :D

slk45
Dec 29th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Very nice write-up on Nastya. I just hope that she and Vera don't meet until at least the semis.

selyoink
Dec 29th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Auckland has no byes right?

I like tournaments with no byes. It will make Nastya work harder if she is to win the title. But right now I think it is more important for her to get in as much match play as possible before the Australian Open.

goldenlox
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Nastya starts against Dulko.

selyoink
Dec 30th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Well that should be a pretty easy win but Nastya rarely makes things easy. Fortunately Dulko has been in a massive slump as well recently. If Nastya can't beat Dulko it isn't the best of signs.

selyoink
Dec 30th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Here is Nastya's quarter of the draw:

(6) Muller
Suarez
Baker
Sun
Craybas
Nakamura
Dulko
Myskina

Pretty easy field. A healthy Suarez is probably the toughest opponent.

denine
Dec 30th, 2006, 05:31 AM
good draw! .. i think. :unsure:

selyoink
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:04 AM
good draw! .. i think. :unsure:

No thinking about it. It is a good draw. The question is will it be a bad or good Nastya that shows up. I bet she blows it and loses in the quarters.

cypher_88
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:50 AM
the quarter draw is pretty good!
however she might meet dani or bepa in semis :bigcry:

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 30th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Once she wins her first match I'm pretty sure she will make it to the final.

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 30th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Nastya, just hope she's got her mind right
then if she has WATCH OUT.

go Nastya !!!!!!!!

lets win that 1st match :) :D

frenchie
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Dulko shouldn't be a big problem.....I hope!

goldenlox
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:47 AM
This looks like a good place to start the season. She can compile some points here, and get some confidence.

Dutglish
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Dulko is a good opener. Not an easy match if she's on form, so Myska will hopefully get a good workout which will help her in the next round. Liking it, and counting on a winning result :)

cindy
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:11 PM
I hope she will not do like this past year which means having a good draw and loosing in the first round...go nastya! win this tournement!

_LuCaS_
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Nice opener against Dulko. Keep mentally strong and look good on court ;) :D

Filippo-Nastya
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:00 PM
The off-season is over! :D
I'm really excited, in 2 or 3 days Nastya will be on-court against Dulko. I hope that the hard work she has done in the off-season will pay off.
Go Nastya!

ARIANE 5
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:46 PM
It's the first tournament of the year then surprises are possible but I am rather optimistic. I hope that Nastya is ready.
Answer in 2 or 3 days.

Davai Nastya :)

miffedmax
Dec 30th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Dulko is the antichrist (in other words, she's 2-0 against Lena D.). I think she will be a good test. If Nastya beats her, that's a good message. But I wouldn't be overconfident.

Go Nastya and win this title!

frenchie
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:43 PM
An injured Nastya beat a fully confident Dulko in straights in 2005 Montreal
she also beat her in FC in 2004

hope it's a good sign

goldenlox
Dec 31st, 2006, 02:06 AM
I think Nastya will have a big year. I've seen her play a lot of high quality tennis.
She can be top 5 again.

angiee3
Dec 31st, 2006, 04:43 AM
oh. my i'm so exited...
i'm really optismistic. i think she's going to do great things this year.

TiK-Tee
Dec 31st, 2006, 07:11 AM
Nastya change her racquet from gold to bright yellow :D

good luck Nastya

_LuCaS_
Dec 31st, 2006, 10:36 AM
I think Nastya will have a big year. I've seen her play a lot of high quality tennis.
She can be top 5 again.
:lol: You sound like a politician there
Top 10 and a GS or tier 1 title is enough for a big year right now for me.

goldenlox
Dec 31st, 2006, 11:31 AM
I'll take a second slam, but I expect a 2003 type year. Solid top 10, some titles.

frenchie
Dec 31st, 2006, 11:55 AM
Nastya plays tomorrow against Dulko!
she won't be able to party for the new year!

Filippo-Nastya
Dec 31st, 2006, 12:25 PM
Baker vs Sun will start to play at 11 am (midnight here in Italy) and then Nastya vs Dulko will be the following match. I'm not sure that I will be at home in time for Nastya's match.
Happy new year to Nastya (in NZ it's already 2007)!! :)
I wish a nice year end evening to everyone!

goldenlox
Dec 31st, 2006, 01:13 PM
Tennis players aren't supposed to party. They have matches.
Tennis fans... we ARE supposed to party :bounce:

Vacant
Dec 31st, 2006, 01:29 PM
She can party once she wins her match! :p

frenchie
Dec 31st, 2006, 02:48 PM
I won't be home when Nastya starts playing so I hope to have a nice surprise for 2007

Have fun this night!!

french_girl
Dec 31st, 2006, 03:55 PM
Baker vs Sun will start to play at 11 am (midnight here in Italy) and then Nastya vs Dulko will be the following match. I'm not sure that I will be at home in time for Nastya's match.
Happy new year to Nastya (in NZ it's already 2007)!! :)
I wish a nice year end evening to everyone!

won't it be 11pm?:confused:

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 31st, 2006, 04:09 PM

Yes. It's 23:00 CET.

Filippo-Nastya
Dec 31st, 2006, 04:11 PM

According to www.fusoorario.it, now it's 5 AM in Auckland, so the difference with Italy is 11 hours (if that site is right). ;)

slk45
Dec 31st, 2006, 04:14 PM
Tennis players aren't supposed to party. They have matches.
Tennis fans... we ARE supposed to party :bounce:You bring the champagne, GL. :)

Good luck, Nastya!! :bounce:

Sorry, Gisela.

ARIANE 5
Dec 31st, 2006, 04:18 PM
According to www.timeanddate.com it's 6.18 AM in Auckland :confused:

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 31st, 2006, 04:39 PM
It's 10 hours time difference between Auckland and Moscow. And 2 hours between Moscow and CET. Therefore we get 12 hours difference between Auckland and CET.
The matches to start at 11 am local time = 11 pm (previous day) CET.

goldenlox
Dec 31st, 2006, 04:41 PM
Former grand slam champ and world number two on centre court

Posted at 5:53am on 01 Jan 2007

A former grand slam champion and world number two will grace the centre court in the ASB Women's tennis classic which gets underway in Auckland today.
The 2004 French Open champion Anastasia Myskina of Russia is the first grand slam champion since Mary Pierce four years ago to compete in the tournament.
And while Myskina has slipped from No2 to No16 in the world rankings, her 2006 form shows she is close to regaining a place inside the world's top-10 makign three finals on the WTA along with the quarterfinals at Wimbledon.
One place below Myskina in the rankings is defending champion Marion Bartoli and it is Bartoli who will follow Myskina on centre court when she faces Japan's Ayumi Morita.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/sport/200701010553/former_grand_slam_champ_and_world_number_two_on_ce ntre_court

Filippo-Nastya
Dec 31st, 2006, 04:41 PM
Sorry guys for the mistake. The difference between Auckland time and CET is 12 hours. Thanks for the link Ariane 5. ;)

goldenlox
Dec 31st, 2006, 10:06 PM
The first match is being played now. Nastya should be playing in an hour.

goldenlox
Dec 31st, 2006, 11:16 PM
Nastya started by being broken twice.

goldenlox
Dec 31st, 2006, 11:31 PM
Nastya lost the first set 6-1, being broken 4 times.

goldenlox
Jan 1st, 2007, 12:29 AM
Nastya saved a matchpoint, and won the second set 7-6(4)

Filippo-Nastya
Jan 1st, 2007, 12:33 AM
I started to follow the match at 1-6 5-5 and Nastya has fought off a match point at 5-6. :scared: Now she has won the 2nd set at the tb. :D
Please Nastya, win the match now.

goldenlox
Jan 1st, 2007, 12:55 AM
Nastya down 5-2 in the third.
She has 2 weeks to prepare for Melbourne. She will have to play much better than this

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 1st, 2007, 12:57 AM
omg Nastya :( :( :(

dunno what scarier at the moment, watching Nastya play or the Rocky Horror Show :shrug:

Derek.
Jan 1st, 2007, 01:00 AM
1-6 7-6(4) 2-6. :sad: :mad: :help:

goldenlox
Jan 1st, 2007, 01:03 AM
That had to be awful. I didn't see it, but Dulko is irrelevant at a major, or a Sydney, and Nastya will have to improve a lot to make a run in Melbourne.

Derek.
Jan 1st, 2007, 01:06 AM
That had to be awful. I didn't see it, but Dulko is irrelevant at a major, or a Sydney, and Nastya will have to improve a lot to make a run in Melbourne.

She's not going to in this form.

She'd be lucky to live up to her seed and make the 4R.

Filippo-Nastya
Jan 1st, 2007, 01:06 AM
I don't know what to say. The match stats are horrible, Nastya was broken 9 times in 14 games + she won only 4 out of 16 break points. I can't believe it! :(

goldenlox
Jan 1st, 2007, 01:15 AM
No reason to panic :bolt:

denine
Jan 1st, 2007, 02:31 AM
What a great start. :(

selyoink
Jan 1st, 2007, 05:16 AM
One of the posters in GM said that Nastya has gone back to Moscow and is out of the Australian Open due to a toe injury. The poster said she told Radiosport commentator Matt Brown this.

Whether that is accurate or not her status for the AO is very much in doubt. Even if she were to play she probably would go out right away.

So in otherwords the season is off to a perfect start.

ARIANE 5
Jan 1st, 2007, 07:47 AM
Oh no :crying2:

Almalyk
Jan 1st, 2007, 07:53 AM
Damn it! I couldn't get to Auckland until the 3rd - and now i've probably missed my only chance to ever see Nastya in person!

I did watch the match though (part this morning and replay later on), and even before she re-injured herself, she didn't look in particularly good shape (well she looked sexy in white and purple) but her game didn't seem to be there. The second serve hasn't improved, her shots were not deep enough, and she was being run all over the court. As usual, some brilliant winners, but those were easily out-numbered by errors. Seems she was trying to slice a lot more than in the past, but Gisela was eating all those up. Only thing that might have looked better was her net play, but she wasn't getting the chance to to make it to the net often... The one good thing was that she actually looked concentrated and like she cared, as some of her last matches that I saw she just looked uninterested.

So Nastya's short visit to NZ is over, and I never got to see her :sad: :sad: ... I hope she gets well soon, but I hope Jelana Jankovic wins at least a match! Surely both my top favs can't let me down to terribly!!

Princeza
Jan 1st, 2007, 10:02 AM
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1336/12047363tennnnisfan1120vf2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
too bad

frenchie
Jan 1st, 2007, 10:29 AM
A loss and an injury!!!!

OK.....

goldenlox
Jan 1st, 2007, 10:52 AM
Myskina suffers injury setback
Monday, 1 January, 2007
Anastasia Myskina is a doubtful starter for the forthcoming Australian Open.
The Russian has a toe injury which hastened her exit from the ASB Women's Classic in Auckland, with the second seed losing 6-1 6-7 (4-7) 6-2 to Argentine Gisela Dulko in round one.
Myskina, 25, said:

"I realized during the match that I may not be ready for the Australian Open," she told reporters.
"I still feel pain there and it bothers me. Maybe I'm going to take a longer break."

iine:
Jan 1st, 2007, 12:02 PM
This sucks big time. I hope the toe will recover soon. :sad:

goldenlox
Jan 1st, 2007, 01:21 PM
Nastya is going back to Moscow. She was broken the first 4 times she served.. So she has to play better than this.
After she won those exhibition matches in Austria, I was surprised she went down 1-6 to Dulko.
She has to get healthy and get her game together.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 1st, 2007, 01:25 PM
Myskina set to miss Australian Open :sad: :bigcry:

January 1, 2007 - 5:44PM

Former French Open tennis champion Anastasia Myskina is set to pull out of this month's Australian Open after continuing to be troubled by a toe injury.
Myskina, the world No.16, has been upset 6-1 6-7 (4-7) 6-2 by unseeded Argentine Gisela Dulko in the opening round of the ASB Classic in Auckland.

The Russian, the WTA Tour event's second seed, was playing her first match since October and she needed treatment during the second set.
She completed the 1 hour 51 minute clash, but said afterwards that she was still troubled by pain in her toe.

She later told tournament officials she was planning to head back to Moscow, rather than to Sydney for next week's Medibank International.

"I realised during the match that I may not be ready for the Australian Open," the 2004 French Open champion said.

"I still feel pain there and it bothers me. Maybe I'm going to take a longer break."

For Dulko, 21, it was a first win in three meetings with Myskina.
"This is the best way to start a year, she said. "I'm really happy with the way I played. It was tough against Anastasia. The only times we played, she won, so I had my revenge."

martirogi
Jan 1st, 2007, 02:53 PM
well knowing crazy nastya, she'll go back to moscow, find out nothing is wrong, and play the aussie open

goldenlox
Jan 1st, 2007, 03:48 PM
Tennis: Moscow and back in one foul swoop

Email this story (http://dynamic.nzherald.co.nz/email/index.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10417494)Print this story (http://javascript<b></b>:window.print();) Tuesday January 02, 2007

http://media.apn.co.nz/webcontent/image/jpg/Myskina_Anastasia_160.jpg
Russia's Anastasia Myskina yesterday. Photo / Martin Sykes

Classic time to make laid-back fashion statement (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/event/story.cfm?c_id=528&objectid=10417496)
Tennis: US Open steels Jankovic for assault on top 10 ranking (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/event/story.cfm?c_id=528&objectid=10417490)
To Moscow, in pain.
Anastasia Myskina's ill-starred opening match at the ASB Classic yesterday has had longer term repercussions with the former world No 2 last night pulling out of this month's Australian Open and flying home today.
The Classic second seed suffered a recurrence of a foot injury which plagued her last year during her loss to Argentine Gisela Dulko.
It's a blow for the tournament, which had banked on the 2004 French Open champion being one of the big drawcards. But it's tougher for Myskina, who was unable to hide her frustration after the 6-1, 6-7 (4-7), 6-2 loss to the world No 59.
The injury to a bone underneath a toe hindered her movement. She was dreadful in the first set; lost her first four service games; had some fine moments in levelling in the second after receiving treatment, but Dulko was well worth the win.
Myskina paid credit to her 21-year-old opponent but was clearly upset by events, which have put a significant crimp in her plans to regain her place in the world top 10 this year.

"I tried to fight, because people came [to watch], and I flew two days to get here. I did my best, but there is a lot of pain," the world No 16 said.
In some instances it's hard to find visible evidence of how hard a surprise loser is feeling. Not so in Myskina's case. She was hurting.
Dulko was delighted that her vow to be more aggressive this year paid an early, spectacular dividend.
"The only [two] times we played she beat me, so today I had my revenge. This is very, very special," Dulko said.

rrfnpump
Jan 1st, 2007, 04:48 PM

this doesnt sound too good :unsure: :sad:

:(

TiK-Tee
Jan 1st, 2007, 05:34 PM
i see a pic that Nastya used new racquet in pactice but on a match she used old racquet

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9476/72888978xq5.jpg

ps. sorry its gettyimages

miffedmax
Jan 1st, 2007, 07:25 PM
I'm really, really starting to dislike Dulko. (in a tennis sense).

sinterklaasje
Jan 1st, 2007, 09:26 PM
:sad:
My hopes smashed after one single match :bigcry:
Apparently this toe injury is serious. Let's hope she'll make a quick recovery.

meyerpl
Jan 1st, 2007, 10:59 PM
I was finally able to remove the noose from around my neck, climb down from the chair I was standing on and sit down to write something about Nastya's loss and injury.

martirogi
Jan 1st, 2007, 11:54 PM
this loss does seem quite serious. it represents a whole mess of issues that nastya probably isn't capable of overcoming. :sad:

goldenlox
Jan 2nd, 2007, 12:31 AM
The positive is that she got through those 2 matches in Austria okay.
But this happening in her first real match is a worry.
She knows this is a serious problem and she's going to give it time to heal.
All the players have injuries, it's part of the sport.

selyoink
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:10 AM
I don't even know what to say anymore.

slk45
Jan 2nd, 2007, 07:04 AM
NASTYA!:crying2: Get well soon! :hug: :smooch:

cindy
Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:38 AM
it looks like nastya has some terrible bad luck all around her this last times...get well soon nasty baby! I'm sure that when her toe will be alright she'll play her best tennis

goldenlox
Jan 2nd, 2007, 02:24 PM
Myskina keeps officials guessing

AUSTRALIAN Open tournament director Craig Tiley is yet to learn if French Open winner Anastasia Myskina's Melbourne Park bid is doomed.
World No. 16 Myskina was scheduled to return to Moscow from Auckland yesterday to receive treatment on an injured toe.
Beaten in three sets at the Auckland Classic by Argentine Gisela Dulko, the Russian hinted she might not play at the Australian Open from January 15-28.
"I realised during the match that I may not be ready for the Australian Open," she said in New Zealand.
Myskina last year suffered severe bouts of inflammation in her left big toe. The problem resurfaced against Dulko despite the 2004 Roland Garros champion not playing since October.
With former Rod Laver Arena champions Lindsay Davenport (pregnant) and Mary Pierce (knee) ruled out of the first grand slam of the season, officials will be anxious not to lose a player of Myskina's calibre.
"We're checking out the situation with Myskina," Tiley said. "We're yet to hear from her."

Bubba08
Jan 2nd, 2007, 03:35 PM
This thread is depressing. :awww:

goldenlox
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
We want Nastya to play. But she'll be back.

selyoink
Jan 2nd, 2007, 05:00 PM
This thread is depressing. :awww:

This thread has been depressing since Cincinnati.

sinterklaasje
Jan 2nd, 2007, 05:07 PM
No official withdrawal yet, anything can happen. And Nastya going to Moscow doesn't mean to me that she won't play the AO: she's never been a school example of logical reasoning and good decision-making. We'll see in a couple of days. All I hope is that this loss doesn't affect her motivation and confidence too much. She mamanged to win an exhibition tournament not so long ago, so hopefully she can take a few good things from those 2 matches (I know, it's only exhibition, but still) and build on those wins to regain her spot among the top players.

goldenlox
Jan 2nd, 2007, 05:23 PM
No one wants to take those long flights, so that's a bad sign.
But the worse sign is losing 6-1 to Dulko. Dulko lost to Craybas.

Filippo-Nastya
Jan 2nd, 2007, 05:39 PM
No one wants to take those long flights, so that's a bad sign.
But the worse sign is losing 6-1 to Dulko. Dulko lost to Craybas.

Maybe she was already feeling pain in the 1st set. Yes, she called the trainer in the 2nd set but this doesn't mean that she was 100% healthy in the 1st set.
I hope that she won't repeat in Melbourne the same mistake of the last US Open: if she's not OK, she has to withdraw.