PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

iine:
Jul 19th, 2006, 10:16 AM
hum...that what I thought too...sh**t! I promise I'll try not to go in GM again... :tape: I CAN'T!!!!!!!!!! it's sometimes so funny how much stupid thread there is!!! ;)
She just didn't lose to Serena, she also missed the oppurtunity to crack the top 10. This is breaking my heart. :sobbing:

Yeah, it can be very funny there. But also very annoying. :lol:

cerbero
Jul 19th, 2006, 10:43 AM
I'm pissed... :p

cerbero
Jul 19th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Damn Serena :mad:

iine:
Jul 19th, 2006, 12:21 PM
I'm pissed... :p
We all are, I guess. :hug:

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2006, 12:24 PM
hum...that what I thought too...sh**t! I promise I'll try not to go in GM again... :tape: I CAN'T!!!!!!!!!! it's sometimes so funny how much stupid thread there is!!! ;)

I haven´t visited GM since the loss...and I guess I won´t do it anymore today.

Filippo-Nastya
Jul 19th, 2006, 12:42 PM
I hope Serena will improve her position in the ranking in the next weeks because I don't want a 1st or 2nd round match between Nastya and her at the US Open.

Nastya already out of Cincy....I still can't believe it, I was hopeful to celebrate her 11th title at the end of this week :sad: :tape:

denine
Jul 19th, 2006, 01:15 PM
I hope Serena will improve her position in the ranking in the next weeks because I don't want a 1st or 2nd round match between Nastya and her at the US Open.

i'll cry if that happens :tape:

GM = full of idiots. :rolleyes:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 19th, 2006, 01:43 PM
bad luxk draw

bad score

Nastya :hug:

ZIZOUILLE
Jul 19th, 2006, 01:57 PM
GM : Myskina sould retire. PATHETIC

They are idiotics :mad:

miffedmax
Jul 19th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Like I said in one of the more sensible GM threads, Serena has proven that if she's in shape, she handles long layoffs better than most players. (She may, in fact, need them physically and emotionally). Just consider her Aussie Open last year.

I'm not happy, but I'm not too upset either. Nasty will be back on form in the next tournament.

goldenlox
Jul 19th, 2006, 02:28 PM
I was hoping Nastya would be on her game.
I wonder if she was expecting Serena to be awful

She doesn't need this Tier III.
But there was some tough talk at Wimbledon about how they would beat Venus.

They need to figure out Serena

goldenlox
Jul 19th, 2006, 03:19 PM
In tennis you have good days and bad days.
The best players forget the bad days, and move on

http://cmsimg.enquirer.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=AB&Date=20060719&Category=SPT&ArtNo=607190405&Ref=AR&Profile=1062&MaxW=315&border=1 (http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/misc/photos_single.pbs&IDato=20060719&IKategori=SPT&ID=607190405)
http://news.enquirer.com/graphics/buttons/zoomtab.gif (http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/misc/photos_single.pbs&IDato=20060719&IKategori=SPT&ID=607190405)
THE ENQUIRER/CARA OWSLEY
Anastasia Myskina returns the ball against Serena Williams during their first-round match. Williams won in two sets.

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Who cares anyway?

Move, move, move on Nastya is all I have to say.

goldenlox
Jul 19th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I care. This was a message board match.
I was going to really goof on US tennis if Anastasia won

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/a00c71bb-627d-493a-b3d8-7d006b9bc622.jpg

Anastasia Myskina, of Russia, slams her racket to the ground after losing a point to Serena Williams during the first set of a tennis match at the Western & Southern Financial Group Women's Open in Mason, Ohio, Tuesday, July 18, 2006. Williams won 6-2, 6-2

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/6c63a23b-8a75-4bbb-8567-da2b684b5a7a.jpg

Anastasia Myskina of Russia returns a volley to Serena Williams during a tennis match at the Western & Southern Financial Group Women's Open in Mason, Ohio Tuesday, July 18, 2006

ARIANE 5
Jul 19th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Nastya we are with you :smooch:

I don't know if I prefer that Serena wins the tournament or loses her second match :confused:

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2006, 06:40 PM
I care. This was a message board match.
I was going to really goof on US tennis if Anastasia won
[/img]

:lol: yeah, that would have been fun, that´s true

Spunky83
Jul 19th, 2006, 06:47 PM
yay...temporary a-m.com finally has a shout-out box...shout shout shout!

meyerpl
Jul 19th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Hmmmm. I can finally come here and commiserate with other Nastya fans. I'm done pounding my head against the side of my house. I don't know why, but last night's loss really bothered me. I know it's just one match. I can say it doesn't matter, but goddamn it!!! That sucked!

O.K. Spunky is right. Time to move on. I'm going to check and see what a "shout-out box" is. If it is something that allows me to express myself, I'm sure I'll use it inappropriately.

Best wishes to all.

_LuCaS_
Jul 20th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Frankly, I didn't expect this scoreline :o
I was ready for e tough 3 set match win/loss but not this :help:
This can only do damage in her confidence, a rusty Serena wipes out Nastya in 2 easy sets. Something's happening in her mind against big players, she becomes nervous, tries to play safe (no winners) and losses.
I don't see her in YEC unfortunately. You need wins against big names to get to YEC. :sad:

martirogi
Jul 20th, 2006, 11:50 AM
myskina is so aggravating. i really really want my favorite player to be able to contend for grand slams and win big matches. i try to find a new favorite to satisfy those needs, but i can't love the other top players like i do nastya.

it's a curse. :sad: :sad: :sad:

meyerpl
Jul 20th, 2006, 12:07 PM
myskina is so aggravating. i really really want my favorite player to be able to contend for grand slams and win big matches. i try to find a new favorite to satisfy those needs, but i can't love the other top players like i do nastya.

it's a curse. :sad: :sad: :sad:
I know how you feel. Nastya owns my tennis heart, for better or worse.
Fortunately, I have a second favorite who never frustrates me or lets me down: Elena Dementieva! :lol: :lol: :lol:

miffedmax
Jul 20th, 2006, 02:04 PM
I know how you feel. Nastya owns my tennis heart, for better or worse.
Fortunately, I have a second favorite who never frustrates me or lets me down: Elena Dementieva! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As usual, you have it all backwards! ;) :lol:

goldenlox
Jul 20th, 2006, 02:30 PM
I wonder if playing in WTT set her backwards.
She was doing so well, then a week of exhibitions.
She lost the intensity she needs

meyerpl
Jul 20th, 2006, 09:50 PM
As usual, you have it all backwards! ;) :lol:
That's what Mrs. Meyer always says! :lol:

Spunky83
Jul 21st, 2006, 11:45 AM
O.K. Spunky is right. Time to move on. I'm going to check and see what a "shout-out box" is. If it is something that allows me to express myself, I'm sure I'll use it inappropriately.

Best wishes to all.

:lol: :worship: now that made me laugh big time, thanks :wavey:

goldenlox
Jul 21st, 2006, 03:24 PM
I assume everyone saw that Anastasia road the rollercoaster

On Monday, she rode the roller coasters at Paramount's King's Island. On Tuesday, she plummeted straight to the bottom of the canyon.

"I was in King's Island; I was there (Monday), and I had some fun," Myskina said laughing. "I almost had a heart attack on one roller coaster. It was awesome."

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060719/SPT09/607190318/1032/SPT

rrfnpump
Jul 21st, 2006, 04:29 PM
Nastya was in Stuttgart yesterday to support Jürgen Melzer :eek:
it cant get any more obvious, really :)

Spunky83
Jul 21st, 2006, 04:42 PM

Poor girlfriend oh his...poor boyfriend of hers.

However it might also have been a training session there with her coach. She´s seen pretty often in that tennis club of Gerlach.

frenchie
Jul 21st, 2006, 04:46 PM
I don't think she's dating Jurgen because Sasha is still often around Nastya at some tournies????

ys
Jul 22nd, 2006, 01:15 AM
Poor girlfriend oh his...poor boyfriend of hers.

That dumb hockey player? Good riddance.. I only wish our darling Lena D. followed her way..

ys
Jul 22nd, 2006, 01:20 AM
Don't read much from this loss.. It's nothing. Means very little for either player.. When did Nastya ever play well after a break and Moscow vacation? Never. She surely didn't take that event even seriously.. Would not be surprised if she even flew to USA from Europe not before weekend.. And the kind of heat they had in Cincy surely can't be adjusted too within days. She perhaps thought - it is Tier III for CS, who can I face in R1? Some unknown? Surely she didn't expect that the draw would - as Russian saying goes - "put a pig on her way" - in Serena ..

Nastya will be OK.. You'll see..

Filippo-Nastya
Jul 22nd, 2006, 07:27 AM
Don't read much from this loss.. It's nothing. Means very little for either player.. When did Nastya ever play well after a break and Moscow vacation? Never. She surely didn't take that event even seriously.. Would not be surprised if she even flew to USA from Europe not before weekend.. And the kind of heat they had in Cincy surely can't be adjusted too within days. She perhaps thought - it is Tier III for CS, who can I face in R1? Some unknown? Surely she didn't expect that the draw would - as Russian saying goes - "put a pig on her way" - in Serena ..

Nastya will be OK.. You'll see..

Last week Nastya played the WTT in the USA, she wasn't in Moscow.

cindy
Jul 22nd, 2006, 09:51 AM

well said! but we'll never know anyway unless they kiss in public... :mad: it looks like she has something more important to do than win cinci!!! :lol: I'll be happy if she is with him...they are so cute together and he always makes her smile!!

_LuCaS_
Jul 23rd, 2006, 10:46 AM
"I almost had a heart attack on one roller coaster. It was awesome."

Oh don't say !

goldenlox
Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:30 PM
This was a very tough Tier III, with Serena and Vera in her half.
But I wish Anastasia would fight hard,
and lets kill US tennis whenever we can

angiee3
Jul 24th, 2006, 04:52 AM
i don't know why.. but i kind of feel good that nastya slammed her racket. i feel it's a good sign.... :confused:

meyerpl
Jul 24th, 2006, 01:30 PM
i don't know why.. but i kind of feel good that nastya slammed her racket. i feel it's a good sign.... :confused:
I'm glad you like it because Nastya will often give you that good feeling. :lol:

meyerpl
Jul 24th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Is Nastya going to be inactive until August 14th??

Filippo-Nastya
Jul 24th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Is Nastya going to be inactive until August 14th??

No, she will play Stockholm in the week 7-13 August.

frenchie
Jul 24th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Hey, did anybody of you donate me some Vcash????
If not, what should I do to know??

Filippo-Nastya
Jul 24th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Hey, did anybody of you donate me some Vcash????
If not, what should I do to know??

:lol: I have the same doubt.
I had only 15 Vcash till yesterday.

frenchie
Jul 24th, 2006, 05:04 PM
I had 18 yesterday!!
+350 for everybody???

iine:
Jul 24th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Yep, every member got 350vCash from the admins as compensation because the board had been down so often..

frenchie
Jul 24th, 2006, 06:15 PM
ok thanks for the explanations!!

iine:
Jul 24th, 2006, 07:38 PM
ok thanks for the explanations!!
No problem;)

selyoink
Jul 24th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Yep, every member got 350vCash from the admins as compensation because the board had been down so often..

The board has been down often? I have only seen it down once recently and that was late at night. Still I guess I shouldn't complain.

selyoink
Jul 27th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I can't believe we have let this thread go two days without a post. Poor Nastya would think she isn't popular.

So will she win Stockholm this year or choke once again in the final?

goldenlox
Jul 27th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I can't believe we have let this thread go two days without a post. Poor Nastya would think she isn't popular.

So will she win Stockholm this year or choke once again in the final?If she's plays like she did against Serena, she's in trouble

iine:
Jul 28th, 2006, 01:29 AM
The board has been down often? I have only seen it down once recently and that was late at night. Still I guess I shouldn't complain.
Yeah, it has been many times, believe me! :lol: Plus there have been problems with avatars. There are phases where you can't view other people's avatars.
But I'm sure the admins are working on that. :p

cindy
Jul 28th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Yeah, it has been many times, believe me! :lol: Plus there have been problems with avatars. There are phases where you can't view other people's avatars.
But I'm sure the admins are working on that. :p

and since you are always changing yours it's important to see them!!!! ;) I liked the one with maria btw

selyoink
Jul 28th, 2006, 03:48 PM
If she's plays like she did against Serena, she's in trouble

Yes well there also isn't any player of Serena's talents in the draw to make Nastya nervous. Although I'd probably favor Na Li over Nastya if they met in the final.

iine:
Jul 28th, 2006, 03:55 PM
and since you are always changing yours it's important to see them!!!! ;) I liked the one with maria btw
Yeah, exactly! :lol:
Thank you:hug:

sinterklaasje
Jul 28th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Yes well there also isn't any player of Serena's talents in the draw to make Nastya nervous. Although I'd probably favor Na Li over Nastya if they met in the final.

It al depends on which Nastya turns up. On a bad day, she plays even worse than most challenger players. But when she comes on court with confidence and an agressive game plan, she can hurt all the top players (just look at the Eastbourne final, she could have won, it was just a matter of a couple of points). She's got the game.

selyoink
Jul 28th, 2006, 07:04 PM
It al depends on which Nastya turns up. On a bad day, she plays even worse than most challenger players. But when she comes on court with confidence and an agressive game plan, she can hurt all the top players (just look at the Eastbourne final, she could have won, it was just a matter of a couple of points). She's got the game.

I don't think her bad days are worse than most challenger players. Plus she rarely has bad days anymore. She has been beating the players she is supposed to beat recently. And getting stomped by the higher ranked players.

Looking at the Stockholm field only Na Li would concern me at all.

frenchie
Jul 30th, 2006, 10:49 AM
It seems Nastya can say goodbye to the YEC with Patty earning a lot of points lately....

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 30th, 2006, 12:53 PM
It seems Nastya can say goodbye to the YEC with Patty earning a lot of points lately....

C'mon!!! ... We cannot be worried about Patty (orange juice) .
Nastya is better 1000000 times than Patty . She plays ( Orange Juice ) every week , her ranking is not real

Anastasia has more possibilities than Patty cuz' Nastya is a better player by far

Word Life still believe :bounce: :bounce:

Filippo-Nastya
Jul 30th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Patty had 2 good draws last week in Cincy and now in Stanford and that's why she is earning a lot of points. But, I don't want to complain too much because in the first part of the season (from AO to Warsaw except Dubai) Nastya had a lot of lucky draws and she didn't take her chances.
Next week in San Diego, after the withdrawal of Justine, Sveta and the WS there will be another great chance for Nastya's opponents to the YEC to earn a lot of points. I will be obliged to support Kim and Maria :tape: :tape:

slk45
Jul 30th, 2006, 05:04 PM
I am late posting these remarks, but I was at Cincinnati the first 5 days, and I wanted to add these comments.lets be honest, if myskina loses this match it's a huge embarassment for her. there's no way for serena to be in top form in her first match back. she hasn't even played good tennis since her aussie open win in 05. if nastya loses it will be solely for mental reasons.Did anyone see the match? Was it a superb Serena or a washed out Nastya (cause 'having a terrible day' is one of Nastya's trademarks)? ...Maybe WTA should change the rules: forbidden to serve more than 100 mph :angel: :lol:Serena was in much better shape than anyone expected. She was working out in the heat everday Saturday thru Tuesday. She's lost a lot of weight since her embarrassing display at Wimbledon last year. Serena played pretty well at Cincy, and did not need to be in top form; Nastya was not in form at all. If Nastya had played as she did on the grass a few weeks earlier, I think she would have won comfortably.

Myskina was on the practice courts Sunday thru Tuesday, but I don't think she was there as long as Serena was. But both on and off the court Monday and before her match Tuesday she looked distracted. Someone standing next to me at the practice court Monday, watching Nastya, remarked, "If she's hitting like this on the practice court, she won't have a chance against Serena." On Tuesday, as she left the practice court she was on her mobile phone. As she passed by me, I said "Go Nastya!" and gave her a thumbs up. She looked at me and returned it, and walked out, but she didn't look happy. Of course, more often than not she just looks serious.i am ashamed and embarassed to be her fan right now. I think that's an over-reaction. It was a disappointing performance, to be sure, and I do think mostly a mental problem. Nastya kept overhitting against Serena, and seemed to be unable to figure out how to play her. The Cincinnati crowd was mostly supporting Serena, but the general buzz before the match was that Myskina was likely to win. The temp was mid-90s, and on court it was at least 10 degrees hotter. After the match, someone quoted Myskina as saying that she didn't think Serena would be hitting that hard.

BTW, Brenda Schultz-McCarthy reclaimed the serve speed record in her 1st round quali match against Julia Cohen: 130mph!

All the stats you need are in this article posted by GL:
http://news.
cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060719/SPT
09/607190318/1032/SPT (http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article
?AID=/20060719/SPT09/607190318/1032/SPT)
plus the basic stats are on the Cincy website.

More to come.

cindy
Jul 30th, 2006, 05:07 PM
I was thinking about this problem with patty winning everything...but since nastya will win stockholm + the one in canada + a quater in the us open (as you can see I'm not saying that she'll win even if I think it) + moscow...nastya will win a lot of point then so I still believe she can do the YEC (don't forget that a top player will certainly soon be injured and will not do the YEC so like the last year!) GO NASTYA
honestly if she was playing right now, the same tourney that everybody else it will be easier!!!!!

slk45
Jul 30th, 2006, 05:14 PM
I know how you feel. Nastya owns my tennis heart, for better or worse. Fortunately, I have a second favorite who never frustrates me or lets me down: Elena Dementieva! :lol: :lol: :lol:I have three: Nastya, Lena, and Vera!!!

On Monday morning, I got my picture with Vera Z. when she came off the practice court. She was standing there with her coach, and her coach took the picture.

Myskina was practicing on another court, and I wanted a pic with her also. I left the courts and waited outside near the concession stands, watching for Nastya to leave the courts. I waited outside for 30-40 minutes, then I went back to the courts wondering where she was. I found Vera and Nastya sitting there in a corner conversing intensely in Russian. So I went back out and waited some more. About half an hour later, they finally came out. I asked Nastya for a photo and she said ok. Vera took the picture of us. :)

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay in Cincy to watch Vera's win over Serena.

selyoink
Jul 31st, 2006, 04:52 AM
I was thinking about this problem with patty winning everything...but since nastya will win stockholm + the one in canada + a quater in the us open (as you can see I'm not saying that she'll win even if I think it) + moscow...nastya will win a lot of point then so I still believe she can do the YEC (don't forget that a top player will certainly soon be injured and will not do the YEC so like the last year!) GO NASTYA
honestly if she was playing right now, the same tourney that everybody else it will be easier!!!!!

Well I can see you have high expectations for the rest of the season. Personally I don't think Nastya has a chance in hell of making the YEC nor of winning two Tier I tournaments.

cindy
Jul 31st, 2006, 10:46 AM
I am always optimistic with nastya I don't know why...I also think she'll win all the GS!!!!
slk45 thx for your report!!!

slk45
Aug 1st, 2006, 04:42 AM
I am always optimistic with nastya I don't know why...I also think she'll win all the GS!!!!
slk45 thx for your report!!!
You're welcome. :wavey:

frenchie
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:06 PM
Hey, everybody is sleeping these days!!!! :confused:
I guess it's because of the summer holidays...

Does anybody have news on Nastya's schedule for the rest of the year? Because if she wants to qualify for the YEC she'll have to play a lot and to play well!! :D

I know she'll play Moscow and Hasselt but what about the other tournies?
I hope soooo much she comes to Luxembourg :angel:

Filippo-Nastya
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:06 PM
I think she'll play Filderstadt (otherwise Jens will kill her :lol: ) and maybe Zurich.
I have no idea what she'll do in September, I hope she'll have to play till September 9th in NY, that's my dream!!

selyoink
Aug 2nd, 2006, 04:26 AM
Is she going to defend her title from last year (Kolkata?)?

cindy
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:38 AM
I hope she'll do I love this one!

Spunky83
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:18 PM
I think she'll play Filderstadt (otherwise Jens will kill her :lol: ) and maybe Zurich.
I have no idea what she'll do in September, I hope she'll have to play till September 9th in NY, that's my dream!!

Which will be Stuttgart from this year on so Jens would probably kill her even more :lol: She has a bunch of friends there so I assume she´s gotta play. It´s still the first huge indoor tourney of the year.

It´s a pity though that they moved the tourney to a bigger stadium...the old one in Filderstadt was so cozy and sweet. Hope it won´t turn out like Zurich´s move.

miffedmax
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:51 PM
Jen's kill Nasty? Isn't it more likely the other way around?

I'm not wild about the new coaching rule, but if they're going to do it anyway I really, really, really hope they mike Nasty and Jens.

ARIANE 5
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Stockholm : draw

First round Nastya vs Alicia Molik :mad:

selyoink
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Stockholm : draw

First round Nastya vs Alicia Molik :mad:

Where did you find this out from?

If true it shouldn't be a big deal. Molik is still not in top form and it will make Nastya play well from the beginning.

ARIANE 5
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Draw : www.nordiclinghtopen.com

Sweden - resultat

ARIANE 5
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Sorry the link is www.nordiclightopen.com

martirogi
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:56 PM
just like french open 04. i guess that means she'll win the title. too bad it isn't a bigger tourney.

frenchie
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:06 PM
what a shitty draw again!!!

selyoink
Aug 4th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Well it really isn't that bad of a draw. I expect Nastya to easily beat Molik. Then it should be clear sailing until the final if she faces Na Li. If she faces Na Li she will lose.

Filippo-Nastya
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Good luck in Stockholm, Nastya! :kiss:
I don't want to say anything about the draw, every match can be easy or difficult, it depends entirely on Nastya. There are no excuses, she must win this tourney.

fleur137
Aug 5th, 2006, 01:13 AM
omg this is horrible...my two favs against one another...nastya or alicia? i'm torn right down the middle

denine
Aug 5th, 2006, 05:06 AM
please win this title, nastya!

Almalyk
Aug 6th, 2006, 06:52 AM
I'm back from my 5 week vacation!

Good luck in Sweden Nastya! Take the title please.

frenchie
Aug 6th, 2006, 09:07 AM

good to see you back :wavey:
Where were you?

RR-87
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Good luck to Nastya :)

Molik is tough to beat :( but hope Nastya will do it ;)

iine:
Aug 6th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Nastya's already tested in the first round. :o Hopefully she pulls off a win over Molik.

Almalyk
Aug 6th, 2006, 11:25 PM
I was on holiday in Los Angeles, San Diego then Mexico.

Then I travelled to Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City and into the Canadian wilderness to go water skiing, hiking, canoeing, and drinking a lot of beer and having parties!

Then I competed in the OutGames in Montreal - it was an aweome end to my 5 weeks - but i'm a little poor right now! :p
good to see you back :wavey:
Where were you?

selyoink
Aug 7th, 2006, 03:45 AM

Glad your back!

martirogi
Aug 7th, 2006, 03:50 AM
hi kingy :wavey:

slk45
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:36 AM
GO NASTYA!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Sorry, Alicia.

angiee3
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:38 AM
come on Nastya show them how it's done!!

frenchie
Aug 7th, 2006, 09:57 AM
I was on holiday in Los Angeles, San Diego then Mexico.

Then I travelled to Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City and into the Canadian wilderness to go water skiing, hiking, canoeing, and drinking a lot of beer and having parties!

Then I competed in the OutGames in Montreal - it was an aweome end to my 5 weeks - but i'm a little poor right now! :p

:D that sounds great :cool:

ARIANE 5
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Nastya vs Molik torrow 6 p.m.

Come on Nastya :p

ARIANE 5
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:10 PM
torrow :smash:

tomorrow, sorry ;)

iine:
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:28 PM
I hope Nastya won't disappoint us tomorrow and put in great performance. ;)

KV
Aug 7th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Good luck vs. A. Molik

selyoink
Aug 7th, 2006, 08:31 PM
I hope Nastya won't disappoint us tomorrow and put in great performance. ;)

She won't disappoint. It will be a nice and easy win for Nastya.

Spunky83
Aug 7th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Austrian sports-news seem to have picked up on the not so seldom Nastya-Melzer sightings;)

Since the article on kurier.at is in German, you may check the updated part on a-m.com. Again a hilarious media thing...what is it about Nastya and German speaking dudes?

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Aug 7th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Good luck in Sweden, Nastya . :)

Dzung
Aug 7th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Since the article on kurier.at is in German, you may check the updated part on a-m.com

I'll do it now.

I'm not that new here but I've never posted hear before only read the comments^^

so hi everybody

iine:
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Just read the article. Jürgen calls Nastya a 'Ulknudel'. How sweet. :lol:

Almalyk
Aug 8th, 2006, 04:08 AM
I'll do it now.

I'm not that new here but I've never posted hear before only read the comments^^

so hi everybody

Welcome! :wavey:

Almalyk
Aug 8th, 2006, 04:17 AM
Good luck tonight Nastya!! :)
For the second time in a row she drew the most dangerous floater. This time she better come out the winner or i'll be pissed!

fleur137
Aug 8th, 2006, 04:46 AM
I'll do it now.

so hi everybody
HI!! :wavey:

denine
Aug 8th, 2006, 05:37 AM
I'll do it now.

so hi everybody
:wavey:

Good luck nastya! please win or i'll be pissed like king ;)

_LuCaS_
Aug 8th, 2006, 10:03 AM
She'll probably wipe her out in 3 TB sets ;)
Good luck Nastya :dance:

Spunky83
Aug 8th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Just read the article. Jürgen calls Nastya a 'Ulknudel'. How sweet. :lol:

That´s indeed very sweet :lol:

frenchie
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Nastya should better win, otherwise.....

ARIANE 5
Aug 8th, 2006, 01:21 PM
I hope that her head is in Stockholm not in Austria :rolleyes:

miffedmax
Aug 8th, 2006, 02:04 PM
That´s indeed very sweet :lol:

Can some one translate for us poor, benighted monolingual types?

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2006, 02:53 PM
These are some draws. Serena and Molik.

_LuCaS_
Aug 8th, 2006, 04:54 PM
These are some draws. Serena and Molik.
:rolleyes: indeed
At least it's better to lose to Serena or Molik in 1st round than to any other low ranked player? :o

Spunky83
Aug 8th, 2006, 06:34 PM

Only if Nastya wins her match against Molik;)

btw, I really start to love Mac OS

KV
Aug 8th, 2006, 07:12 PM
And Nastya's won 76 63 :) :D

iine:
Aug 8th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Gee! What a rollercoaster ride. Glad, she finished it off in straight sets. :bigclap:

miffedmax
Aug 8th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Our dear Nasty? A roller coaster ride? Surely you jest!

Seriously, though, that's a good win to start the tournament. Hopefully Nastya will build on it.

(Aside to Spunky: I knew you would!)

Almalyk
Aug 8th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Gee! What a rollercoaster ride. Glad, she finished it off in straight sets. :bigclap:

How was it a rollercoaster? I've only seen the final score, so i'm not well informed.
At least she won, next couple of rounds shouldn't be more difficult that this round.

iine:
Aug 8th, 2006, 08:29 PM
How was it a rollercoaster? I've only seen the final score, so i'm not well informed.
At least she won, next couple of rounds shouldn't be more difficult that this round.
The first set was more rollercoaster like. Nastya led 5-2, but let Alicia back into the game and level it up to 5-5. Myskina served for the set at 6-5 again, but Molik managed to break back and it into force a tie break, which Nastya eventually won 7-5. The second set went rather smoothly. ;) But I know, there were worse rollercoaster rides.

RR-87
Aug 8th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Nastya :woohoo:

Spunky83
Aug 8th, 2006, 08:50 PM

Said and done;)

www.anastasia-myskina.com

Nastya/Melzer vs. Sharapova/Roddick...who is and who is not an item...?!? :lol:

frenchie
Aug 8th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Pheww!

I'm relieved we don't have to face another 1st round bad loss.
Nastya should win this tourny now.
She has to face Radwanska (the other sister who is younger) so Nastya should be motivated by the revenge!!

meyerpl
Aug 8th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Spunky, thanks for your continuous articles on a-m.com. They're entertaining and informative.

So, Nastya's a jokester and Melzer won't comment on rumors concerning Nastya, saying that it's "private". That's usually an acknowledgment that they're true, but he's trying to be a gentleman. A gentleman waits for the woman to make any announcements concerning romance. All we have to do is keep an eye on Melzer. If his hands start trembling, he develops a facial tic or two and his hair starts falling out, the rumors are as good as confirmed.

miffedmax
Aug 8th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the translation.

sinterklaasje
Aug 8th, 2006, 09:51 PM
well done Nastya :yeah:
so glad she won

:lol: at the rumours: Kiefer, Melzer, who's next? I think these stories are really funny. Since I've been reading this forum, there have been many rumours: about her being seen with some guy and running off when photographers were trying to take a pic, then the German-speaking tennis players, etc, but Aleksandr keeps hanging around at the clay tournaments. She seems to be a very popular girl :cool:
All I hope for is that she won't be distracted by all her 'love affairs'. Go for the title Nastya !

fleur137
Aug 8th, 2006, 10:49 PM
aside from all the nastya/mulzer stuff,
congrats nastya for win over alicia

Almalyk
Aug 8th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Nastya is just too hot these days. All the boys want a piece of her ;)

Good luck against junior Radwanska. Spank her like you should have spanked her sister.

slk45
Aug 9th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Well done, Nastya. :yeah:

Keep it going, now.

GO NASTYA!! :bounce: :bounce:

denine
Aug 9th, 2006, 03:07 AM
yay nastya! keep going and win the title!:D

selyoink
Aug 9th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Glad Nastya was able to win in straight sets.

She better not lose to this Radwanska girl as well. If she does she is hopeless. Fortunately there aren't many other Polish girls to beat up on Nastya.

angiee3
Aug 9th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Nicely Done Nastya..!
Keep it up!

_LuCaS_
Aug 9th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Should be an easy second round ;)

Thauron
Aug 9th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Nice win, maybe a bit too much dueces for comfort - at least in the part that I could follow - but a two set win is always nice.

'Jokester' sounds pretty lame compared to 'ulknudel' - these kind of words make me really love German as a language. ;)

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Her first win since Wimbledon. Now she has to go all the way

selyoink
Aug 9th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Nastya has won the first set though it was very difficult. She saved a couple of set points serving at 5-6. Then blew out Radwanska 7-3 in the tiebreak.

selyoink
Aug 9th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Nastya won 7-6(7-3), 6-3. Made things much easier on herself in the second set.

KV
Aug 9th, 2006, 05:41 PM
INTO QF's :)

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 9th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Nastya ;) :yeah:
making things tough for herself :o :( but she won :)

go Nastya ;) :D

frenchie
Aug 9th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Pheww!

I left the scoreboard at 6/5 Radwanska and when I came back I thought Nastya lost in such a short time! :rolleyes: Good win

Anyway I'll be on vacation untill next wednesday so I'm not sure if I'll be able to post from Creta (??) :confused:
I hope to have a great surprise when I come back: Nastya winning Stockholm and already in the QF of Montreal!! :angel:

Almalyk
Aug 9th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Well done Nastya - same score as yesterday though, and that's a little too close for my liking.

Time to blow out Sucha in easy straight sets now. Good luck. :)

iine:
Aug 9th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Happy she's through to the next round.:yeah:

angiee3
Aug 9th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Did you guys see the pic in GM.. do you think it's the sun or she did die her hair?
i really don't think it's the sun. but who knows..

Good Luck Nastya next round.. make it a easy two set win..!!

iine:
Aug 9th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Did you guys see the pic in GM.. do you think it's the sun or she did die her hair?
i really don't think it's the sun. but who knows..

Good Luck Nastya next round.. make it a easy two set win..!!
Yeah, I saw the pic on the Stockholm site. To me it looks like she died her hair.:shrug:

sinterklaasje
Aug 9th, 2006, 09:26 PM
yay Nastya :yeah:
I expected a more convincing scoreline, but a win is a win.
Best of luck in the next round!

:bounce:

slk45
Aug 9th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Good win, Nastya! Roll on, now!! :drive:

fleur137
Aug 10th, 2006, 10:24 AM
woohoo! vamos nastya!

1 more win from 30 wins this season!
55 more points from the top 10!

Dzung
Aug 10th, 2006, 12:02 PM
55 more points from the top 10!

How many points will she get if she wins stockholm???

slk45
Aug 10th, 2006, 02:55 PM
The winner of Stockholm gets 95 pts. Runner-up will get 67.

This week Nastya's at #11, and is 12 pts behind #10 Davenport, who just lost to Stosur. Lindsay picked up 14 pts in her loss. But Myskina's defending 67 pts. So she has to win to pass Davenport.

GO NASTYA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

rrfnpump
Aug 10th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Said and done;)

www.anastasia-myskina.com

Nastya/Melzer vs. Sharapova/Roddick...who is and who is not an item...?!? :lol:

:lol: Ich hab den Artikel auch gelesen und Ulknudel fand ich komisch. Schade, dass es keine 1-1 Übersetzung für "Ulknudel" gibt.

Jürgen called Nastya an "Ulknudel" which can be translated with "Joker". The definition for Joker
1. A person who enjoys telling or playing jokes.
2. A person who does something thoughtless or annoying; "some joker is blocking the driveway".

well 2. definitely applies to some things Nastya does on court :lol:

Almalyk
Aug 10th, 2006, 08:28 PM
I want Nastya to hit the top 10 for the first time in over a year. This week would be a good time to get there with a title victory. I hope Davenport keeps struggling, but i'd prefer Nastya to play well, rather than relying on weak play of those close to her in the rankings.

ARIANE 5
Aug 10th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Nastya plays tomorrow not before 6.00 p.m.

Come on Nastya :)

denine
Aug 10th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Come on nastya! get your butt into the top ten! :D

fleur137
Aug 10th, 2006, 11:24 PM
^ditto!

selyoink
Aug 11th, 2006, 03:45 AM
Its kind of sad that Nastya hasn't been able to pass Davenport yet. That is why I don't really feel she deserves top 10 since Davenport hasn't played in quite a while.

Anyway I'm looking forward to her winning tomorrow.

Almalyk
Aug 11th, 2006, 04:22 AM
Its kind of sad that Nastya hasn't been able to pass Davenport yet. That is why I don't really feel she deserves top 10 since Davenport hasn't played in quite a while.

Anyway I'm looking forward to her winning tomorrow.

She had better win tomorrow! I want her on a winning streak going into Montreal. :worship:

fleur137
Aug 11th, 2006, 04:26 AM
^aww that will be great! gives me a chance to do the colours too for the 2006 tourneys thread!

ah finally 1000 posts!

goldenlox
Aug 11th, 2006, 02:44 PM
If Nastya only was concerned with points, she wouldn't have played WTT and Cincy.
She would have gone to California

selyoink
Aug 11th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Well Na Li has lost so now there is really no excuse for Nastya not winning the title. Zheng is a very solid player but not someone with the kind of game that should make Nastya struggle. She can't overpower Nastya.

So if Nastya fails to win the title she is a choker.

selyoink
Aug 11th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Nastya has won 6-4, 6-4. She used her tried and true strategy of falling behind early in both sets and then storming back against her hapless opponent.

Spunky83
Aug 11th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Nastya has won 6-4, 6-4. She used her tried and true strategy of falling behind early in both sets and then storming back against her hapless opponent.

:lol:

Although in set 2 she had like a couple of BPs right at the beginning. Nah well...if it works for her ;)

KV
Aug 11th, 2006, 05:29 PM
INTO semis as expected good job done so far.

denine
Aug 11th, 2006, 05:31 PM
way to go, nastya. Good luck for semis. :)

selyoink
Aug 11th, 2006, 05:36 PM

Although in set 2 she had like a couple of BPs right at the beginning. Nah well...if it works for her ;)

Well she has to make it look like she is trying otherwise people will get suspicious.

Bubba08
Aug 11th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Well done Nastya :D
Keep it up the good work! :bigclap:

iine:
Aug 11th, 2006, 06:49 PM
And she's through to the Semis.:bigclap: Good luck!:yeah:

ARIANE 5
Aug 11th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Congrats Nastya :)

She likes to play with our nerves ;)

Dzung
Aug 11th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Sofia Arvidsson is the next opponent!!!

good luck against her!!!! NASTYA!!!

ARIANE 5
Aug 11th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Apparently Nastya has a new hair colour

www.nordiclightopen.com (gallery 2006)

A new boyfriend = a new hair colour :tape:

I don't know if I like :rolleyes:

Spunky83
Aug 11th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah and it looks like blond!

martirogi
Aug 11th, 2006, 09:36 PM
o great. now we all have to change our avatars to the new color. :rolleyes:

iine:
Aug 11th, 2006, 09:42 PM
The new hair colour looks OK. I like the dark hair much better,though. :o

cerbero
Aug 11th, 2006, 10:45 PM
:tape: :fiery:

Almalyk
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Well done Nastya. You have never lost a set against Sofia. Keep it that way, and play like you did at AO. :bounce:

fleur137
Aug 12th, 2006, 02:52 AM
ah a somewhat better looking scoreline. i'm tired of typing 7-6 everytime in the 2006 tourneys thread!
vamos nastya against sofia! AO rematch and history better repeat itself here!
not sure if i like nastya's new hair colour :S....i've always liked her more as a dark brunette and her normal hair colour looks better with her skin colour imo.

slk45
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Good luck, Nastya!! Take it all the way! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

fleur137
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:26 AM
oh btw, she's 30-13 now this season so not bad but i hope she makes it 32-13!

angiee3
Aug 12th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Good Lucck!!!

Thauron
Aug 12th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Good luck in the SF, Myskina!

She better be prepared though - Arvidsson will be extremely motivated and will have the crowd to back her up. No slip-ups, sleeping on court or lapses of concentration allowed today!

And no, giving her a three game advantage to make things more interesting is out of the question too! ;)

denine
Aug 12th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Montreal draw's out!

Anastasia Myskina RUS [6] - BYE
[Q] - Shahar Peer ISR
Marion Bartoli FRA - Anna Smashnova ISR
[Q] - Flavia Pennetta ITA [12]

Maria Kirilenko RUS [15] - Jelena Kostanic CRO
Nathalie Dechy FRA - [Q]
Anna Chakvetadze RUS - Paola Suarez ARG
Maria Sharapova RUS [2] - BYE

peer-->pennetta-->sharapova. Go nastya!

Bubba08
Aug 12th, 2006, 10:07 AM
It will be hard for her to defend her SF in Montreal, the draw is not too bad though.

fleur137
Aug 12th, 2006, 11:28 AM
just an absolutely lovely draw :rolleyes:

ARIANE 5
Aug 12th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Nastya wins 6/2 6/4 :clap2:

She is in the final :bounce:

Dzung
Aug 12th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Yes she won!!! :bounce: :kiss:
go nastya!!! :worship:

good luck in the final!! :lick:

iine:
Aug 12th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Oh yes! Come on, Myskina! :bigclap: Good luck now for the final.:yeah:

KV
Aug 12th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Well done Nastya good job :)

goldenlox
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Montreal will be a good test for Anastasia

martirogi
Aug 12th, 2006, 07:02 PM
well maybe sharapova will win this week and pull out of montreal. then nasty will have a very good draw.

nice job making the final. i need more pics of this new hair color.

slk45
Aug 12th, 2006, 07:24 PM
well maybe sharapova will win this week and pull out of montreal. then nasty will have a very good draw.

nice job making the final. i need more pics of this new hair color.

See the 2nd, 7th & 8th pics from this link:
http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=8754710&postcount=1700

I don't think this color is so new. Besides, stand by a few weeks and it will probably be back to what we're used to. :lol:

sinterklaasje
Aug 12th, 2006, 09:40 PM
:woohoo:
Nastya in the final!
her third opportunity to get her first title of the year

I don't really like her new hear color :(

Dzung
Aug 12th, 2006, 10:23 PM
I don't really like her new hear color

yeah!! me neither!! I think nobody does really?!?!?!

selyoink
Aug 12th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Glad Nastya dispatched of Arvidsson so easily. She better win the title now.

As for the Montreal draw she won't be getting past the QFs unless someone else takes out Sharapova.

As for the hair color it is too early to judge. Have to see more pictures.

slk45
Aug 12th, 2006, 10:57 PM
As for the Montreal draw she won't be getting past the QFs unless someone else takes out Sharapova.Nastya's quite capable of taking out Maria, even tho Maria's won their last 2 meetings, Miami this year and the YEC 2004. All of Mykina's wins are from 2004 and they never met in 2005. But Nastya took her down pretty efficiently at the 2004 Acura QFs. A match-ready Nastya I think will give Maria more than a run for her money, as did Lena today. Which might be a catalyst for the other Russian players.

Nadie
Aug 12th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Good luck to Nastia!

Almalyk
Aug 13th, 2006, 02:54 AM
A good win for Nastya today over the hometown favourite. Good scoreline too, she never seems to have trouble with Sofia.

I'm not too upset with the draw in Montreal. Nastya should play better vs Peer on hardcourts than she did on clay. Sharapova seems tired after her defeat to Lena D today, so hope she carried that lethary to Montreal :)

But first and foremost, take your first title for 2006 tomorrow Nastya :)

angiee3
Aug 13th, 2006, 03:04 AM
yeah!! me neither!! I think nobody does really?!?!?!

well from the second pic i've seen of her.. i don't really like her hair color either.... but i need to see more..

angiee3
Aug 13th, 2006, 03:07 AM
PLEASE NASTYA TAKE THE TITLE!!! don't make this the third final, with no title...

martirogi
Aug 13th, 2006, 03:14 AM
with maria's withdrawl she'll have petrova in her quarter.

so it seems nastya should make the semis. :D or else she sucks :fiery:

Almalyk
Aug 13th, 2006, 03:18 AM
Maria withdraws :woohoo:
This makes the week more interesting.

How many points does Nastya have to defend for reaching SF in 2005?

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Aug 13th, 2006, 03:39 AM
Maria withdraws :woohoo:
This makes the week more interesting.

How many points does Nastya have to defend for reaching SF in 2005?

135 points

Thauron
Aug 13th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Let's first see how she handles Pennetta and Peer (and Zheng today) - neither of those are easy opponents - than we'll see how she fares against whoever she meets after that.

fleur137
Aug 13th, 2006, 06:34 AM

135 points
eek! sigh...why do points that she needs most come off at the worst times...

slk45
Aug 13th, 2006, 03:27 PM
GOOD LUCK TODAY, NASTYA!!! You can win this!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

fleur137
Aug 13th, 2006, 03:43 PM
the match is actually on atm but it's raining so i think they stopped play...

slk45
Aug 13th, 2006, 05:55 PM
NASTYA!! :bigcry: :hug:

She lost 4-6, 1-6, according to Yahoo!

Do well in Montreal, Nastya!! :smooch:

ARIANE 5
Aug 13th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Nastya lost the final 4/6 1/6, good result, great :mad:
Bye bye the top 10

Sorry I'm angry :fiery:

slk45
Aug 13th, 2006, 06:06 PM
She will still have a chance to make the top 10 at Montreal, but she will have to get to the finals to do it!! :sad:

Bubba08
I am so pissed off right now.
It was probably an off day for Nastya, too bad it was in a final.

manu32
i don't understand why she plays tiers4.....nothing to win and a "chance" for bad result....she played good matches only against top players (kuznetsova,henin,mauresmo....) and jankovic dementieva in final.....she needs a real coach....good luck in montreal,nastya

goldenlox
Aug 13th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Not a good final. She's lost a few of those in the last few months.
Of the top Russians in 2004, Nastya and Vera Z. have had the most trouble getting back to that level

Bubba08
Aug 13th, 2006, 06:08 PM
She will still have a chance to make the top 10 at Montreal, but she will have to get to the finals to do it!! :sad:
Yeah we can still dream. :awww: :sobbing:

ARIANE 5
Aug 13th, 2006, 06:12 PM
The second set is not normal, not acceptable. If she play like this in Montreal she will lost her firt match. She must to work, work and work.

Come on Nastya :(

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 13th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Nastya....... what a wasted week :( :mad:
now she has to fly all way back...... hope she better get a Wed start.

nothing less than a SF will do in Montreal.

ARIANE 5
Aug 13th, 2006, 06:51 PM
I hope that she will not play in Stockholm next year, but with Nastya everything is possible :rolleyes:

martirogi
Aug 13th, 2006, 07:43 PM
this is so disappointing. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

a little more consistency for jankovic and i'll have a new favorite. :rolleyes:

iine:
Aug 13th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I can't believe this crap. 64 61?! WTF? Now she can't even win a freaking Tier IV tourney.
Well anyway .. Good luck in Montreal. And I won't be suprised if she loses in the first round. :rolleyes:

Almalyk
Aug 13th, 2006, 08:33 PM
WTF Nastya :(
Disappointing to say the least.

MARTIROGI - i'm falling in love with Jankovic too. I need to put her in my signature too.

martirogi
Aug 13th, 2006, 08:39 PM
WTF Nastya :(
Disappointing to say the least.

MARTIROGI - i'm falling in love with Jankovic too. I need to put her in my signature too.

yeah myskina is in the past. she can't even keep her hair the appropriate color. :o

jankovic is the new black haired beauty of the tour. :hearts:

manu32
Aug 13th, 2006, 08:57 PM
why is suddenly jankovic a beauty???? because she plays final???? but her face is always very curious.....come on nastya

ARIANE 5
Aug 13th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Yes, come on Nastya, I continue to support her even if she has lost today, and even if I'm angry against her today.

Nastya :smooch:

sinterklaasje
Aug 13th, 2006, 09:10 PM
:banghead:
Nastya simply does not want to win her 11th title.
I still can't believe it. Nastya, this was not an option in the menu! I wonder what she needs to finally win her first title of the year: probably playing an ITF-tournament with all her opponents withdrawing. :bigcry:
I don't know Zheng well, and I can't tell whether she is a good player, but I think Nastya should win this match, no matter what. But according to the match reports, she's been playing bad all week long. Hope she isn't returning to her RG2005-form. This won't do her confidence any good. Anyway, my confidence in her dropped to unknown depths :o. Naaah, that's exaggerated, but after Eastbourne I was really convinced she was heading in the right direction.
3 opportunities to win a title, all 3 wasted. This sucks. I hope this is only a temporary 'slump' and I'm impatently waiting for a good performance, soon (let's say Montreal, New Haven and US Open). Meanwhile, I'll just watch my Eastbourne 2006 final video over and over again (I know, it was a loss too, but at least she played some awesome tennis).

But I'll try to end this post on a positive note: I wish you all the best in Montreal
:bounce:

sinterklaasje
Aug 13th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Yes, come on Nastya, I continue to support her even if she has lost today, and even if I'm angry against her today.

Nastya :smooch:

It's ok to be angry spometimes :) .
I will always be a fan of hers, but I must admit it can be frustrating at times (and this forum is an excellent way to vent my frustration). But she will always get my support.
But I want a title this year :armed: :)

angiee3
Aug 13th, 2006, 09:33 PM
OMG. can't believe it.. third final of the year.... and she had to do it again.. (lose the final)....
Come on Nastya get yourself together...

ARIANE 5
Aug 13th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Well, it's easy to support her player when she wins, wins and wins but a real supporter must support her player when she loses, loses and loses again.
Ok, somethimes it's difficult but ...

But everyone supports who he wants :D

denine
Aug 13th, 2006, 10:25 PM
OMG :fiery: :smash: i'm so friggin disappointed. :( :(

Almalyk
Aug 13th, 2006, 11:28 PM
why is suddenly jankovic a beauty???? because she plays final???? but her face is always very curious.....come on nastya

both of them have a mysterious look to them. Of course I still prefer Nastya, but Jankovic has played some excellent tennis recently. She was down 0-5 in the final versus Lena D, but has now pulled it back to 3-5 down - can she do it? Probably not, but i'll watch with interest.

I wish Nastya good luck in Montreal. I hope she hits good form before USO.

angiee3
Aug 14th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Good luck in montreal!!!!

ys
Aug 14th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Good week, Baby Nastya.. Keep on going in Montreal, keep getting those points..

selyoink
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:24 AM
And the choker strikes again.

Nastya certainly does not deserve to be in the top 10. She isn't that good anymore.

I have had about all I can take of her crap. Can't beat solid players like Peer and Zheng in finals of crappy tournaments. But takes Justine to final set tiebreak in a final. How the hell does that make sense?

If she bombs out of Montreal it will be what she deserves for her ridiculous scheduling.

selyoink
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:26 AM
this is so disappointing. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

a little more consistency for jankovic and i'll have a new favorite. :rolleyes:

a little more consistency for Tati and I might have a new favorite. Not really but it is possible with how Nastya aggravates me on a weekly basis.

_LuCaS_
Aug 14th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Nastya :o
Nevermind, just do good in Montreal

adamaglaia
Aug 14th, 2006, 12:04 PM
zheng was playing too good

Bubba08
Aug 14th, 2006, 12:58 PM
zheng was playing too good
Woo, thanks for the info . . .

slk45
Aug 14th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Well, it's easy to support her player when she wins, wins and wins but a real supporter must support her player when she loses, loses and loses again.
Ok, somethimes it's difficult but ...

But everyone supports who he wants :D
The test of the true fan!! :mad: :sobbing: :hearts:

goldenlox
Aug 14th, 2006, 03:16 PM
"If they keep playing this way they'll have a Top 10 player very soon," said Myskina, who also noted she had never seen a Chinese player play as well as Zheng did Sunday.

Dzung
Aug 14th, 2006, 06:23 PM
big disappointment...yes...But I wil always support her...even in such a really really bad time :sad: :smash: :banghead:
she should've won it, but again it's nastya...

whatever.. stockholm is over. let's look forward to Montreal and see what she does there!!

Do your best there Nastya!!!!!!! good luck

cerbero
Aug 14th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Zheng was very dangerous...Nastya can't expect things to be easy and fall to her side...she has the top 10 barrier and she's gonna be pushed by lower ranked players...

ys
Aug 15th, 2006, 01:22 AM
big disappointment...yes...But I wil always support her...even in such a really really bad time :sad: :smash: :banghead:

Really really bad time? Losing finals? I think I've seen times much worse than that..

~|Naomi|~
Aug 15th, 2006, 01:35 AM
"If they keep playing this way they'll have a Top 10 player very soon," said Myskina, who also noted she had never seen a Chinese player play as well as Zheng did Sunday.

Anastasia sounds like Kim did in San Diego last year after losing to Peng.

Dissappointing loss for Nastya. But she lost in Stockholm last year & bounced back well in Canada, she has a good draw, hope she can do the same this year.

slk45
Aug 15th, 2006, 04:56 AM
"If they keep playing this way they'll have a Top 10 player very soon," said Myskina, who also noted she had never seen a Chinese player play as well as Zheng did Sunday.I have to wonder if she's got anyone scouting these players. :confused: At Cincinnati Nastya said she didn't expect Serena to be hitting as hard as she did. (It was a first round match, and Serena's 1st tournament since January, but she was out hitting on the practice court for 3 days before their match. I know it's not the same as a match, but you could see Serena was in far better shape than at Wimbledon last year.)

Peer is first up for Nastya. Be ready now....

Daniel
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Nastya :smash:

martirogi
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:34 AM
here's something to cheer everyone up:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EmBzwU9m6dc

i found it on youtube, apparently angie3 made it. good job girlie.

slk45
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:50 AM
Very nice, Angiee3! :yeah:

_LuCaS_
Aug 15th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Peer is dangerous, Montreal means points...let's focus now

denine
Aug 15th, 2006, 11:45 AM
nastya, get some form and kick ass at montreal! :armed:

goldenlox
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:14 PM
If Nastya just wanted points, she would have skipped WTT & Cincy, and played in California.
She wants to do things her way

selyoink
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Peer is dangerous, Montreal means points...let's focus now

Peer is dangerous on clay not so much on hardcourts. Nastya should win that match easily. If she doesn't her days in the top 15 could be numbered.

martirogi
Aug 16th, 2006, 02:29 AM
o lets face it, nastya will win her rounds in straight sets against the weaker players. she only sucks in finals and against top players. so we'll get our hopes up when she wins, but then be disappointed. (unless she finds her eastbourne/wimbly form :angel: )

Almalyk
Aug 16th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Good luck Nastya. I will vomit up whole fish in disgust if you lose. :scared:

angiee3
Aug 16th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Come on nastya.. get yourself together for this one....

selyoink
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Nastya will win. Let us not worry. We can worry some more if she loses.

selyoink
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:09 AM
o lets face it, nastya will win her rounds in straight sets against the weaker players. she only sucks in finals and against top players. so we'll get our hopes up when she wins, but then be disappointed. (unless she finds her eastbourne/wimbly form :angel: )

Yes I have come to accept this formula. Still it pisses me off when she loses finals to inferior players and gets demolished by higher ranked players.

martirogi
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Good luck Nastya. I will vomit up whole fish in disgust if you lose. :scared:

_LuCaS_
Aug 16th, 2006, 11:50 AM
If Nastya just wanted points, she would have skipped WTT & Cincy, and played in California.
She wants to do things her way
Unfortunately

selyoink I hope it won't stab you back ;)

PS: The odds were very good, meaning this is a tricky encounter

goldenlox
Aug 16th, 2006, 02:50 PM
If Anastasia can play like she did at Eastbourne, she can make the final here