PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 08:29 PM
As is Nastya (at least according to one of her long-time associates).

One time I accidently confused the gears...I wanted to get out of the parking spot (backwards) but accidently put the foreward one in...HELLO WALL :lol:

selyoink
Jun 29th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Glad AMG won. I hope Nastya destroys her though of course. But AMG is a very tenacious competitor so I expect a struggle for Nastya.

selyoink
Jun 29th, 2006, 08:56 PM
And on Golovin: don't be too harsch on her - coming back from such a serious injury is always very difficult + she is visible out of form. Because of that - I think she definately did ok - and she showed her great fighting spirit. I am sure she will be back at her level at the US Open.

I fully understand that Tati isn't match fit. It was just a tough loss in three sets. I thought she would run out of gas going into the third because of her marathon win against Diaz-Oliva yesterday.

Plus I was trying to follow Tati and Lena D. at the same time so my heart was really racing. If Tati had won my day would have been perfect.

Filippo-Nastya
Jun 29th, 2006, 09:25 PM
I just watched the tape of Nastya's match and it was another great performance. She was very hungry and very focused today. In the first set, she won 6-2 but it could have been 6-0 (Nastya was 15-40 both in the 2nd and in the 4th game). In the 2nd set she lost one game because she tried a drop-shot and then she made a DF playing a risky 2nd serve in the following point, I mean she lost that game because she was trying out her shots.
I love her backhand but today I was impressed by her forehand DTL, it was SO powerful and precise. :lick:
Keep it up, Nastya!

Thauron
Jun 29th, 2006, 09:39 PM
One time I accidently confused the gears...I wanted to get out of the parking spot (backwards) but accidently put the foreward one in...HELLO WALL :lol:

With a car, I only made my left mirror get a bit too intimate with the mirror of a parked car. Sadly enough I did that two times in matter of a few minutes and that while I was trying to pass the exam to get my driver's licence. :help: Luckily one can't permanently forbid someone to drive a car based on such an exam. :lol:

Almalyk
Jun 29th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Wow Nastya - it's great to wake up to scorelines like this! Keep your head together, and I think you will have achance versus Venus.

Medina Garrigues played a very long match! Hoepfully she is tired tomorrow!

No rollercoasters like 3rd round Wimby last year please! :)

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Court 3 12.00 noon Start

1 Ladies' Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Selima Sfar (TUN)/
Jasmin Woehr (GER)
vs Elena Likhovtseva (RUS)[11]/
Anastasia Myskina (RUS)[11]

2 Ladies' Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)[5]
vs Na Li (CHN)[27]

3 Mixed Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Travis Parrott (USA)/
Shuai Peng (CHN)
vs Rogier Wassen (NED)/
Michaella Krajicek (NED)

4 Ladies' Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)[12]/
Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)[12]
vs Ma. Emilia Salerni (ARG)/
Maria Vento-Kabchi (VEN)

Good Luck!!!

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 11:29 PM
I just watched the tape of Nastya's match and it was another great performance. She was very hungry and very focused today. In the first set, she won 6-2 but it could have been 6-0 (Nastya was 15-40 both in the 2nd and in the 4th game). In the 2nd set she lost one game because she tried a drop-shot and then she made a DF playing a risky 2nd serve in the following point, I mean she lost that game because she was trying out her shots.
I love her backhand but today I was impressed by her forehand DTL, it was SO powerful and precise. :lick:
Keep it up, Nastya!
yepz and that was her 25th win this season!!

Almalyk
Jun 29th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Keep it up, Nastya!

Your so lucky to have seen the game! I saw only highlights - but even in those, her shots looked great, and she looked HOT :kiss: :hearts:

Almalyk
Jun 30th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Nastya has never played Annabel Medina Garrigues right? Time to start a winning record against her then :woohoo:

selyoink
Jun 30th, 2006, 05:35 AM
Your so lucky to have seen the game! I saw only highlights - but even in those, her shots looked great, and she looked HOT :kiss: :hearts:

You are so lucky to have seen a highlights. I have only seen the scoreline. :lol:

Almalyk
Jun 30th, 2006, 05:45 AM
You are so lucky to have seen a highlights. I have only seen the scoreline. :lol:

Is the coverage really that bad in the US? I'm flying to Los Angeles tomorrow, and then I will be in the US/Mexico and Canada for 6 weeks! So I hope I at least see something of Nastya!

So since i'm away for so long, i'll only post here when I get a chance at internet cafe! Keep cheering for Nastya, and let's hope she does really well, especially this week!

:wavey: :bounce: :worship:

selyoink
Jun 30th, 2006, 05:58 AM
Is the coverage really that bad in the US? I'm flying to Los Angeles tomorrow, and then I will be in the US/Mexico and Canada for 6 weeks! So I hope I at least see something of Nastya!

So since i'm away for so long, i'll only post here when I get a chance at internet cafe! Keep cheering for Nastya, and let's hope she does really well, especially this week!

:wavey: :bounce: :worship:

They have barely even showed womens tennis so far. Today the only womens match they showed was the Venus match and only in parts. As well as a little of Sharapova. Yesterday they showed Mirnyi/Philippousis instead of Henin-Hardenne. So yes the coverage is that bad.

selyoink
Jun 30th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Here is a Nastya interview posted in GM that someone translated. Original link below as well.

http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?123750

Anastasia Myskina has started this Wimbledon with authority. She surrendered just four games to Cara Black in the first round, and only three in the second to Martina Muller. So it's no wonder that Roland Garros-2004 champion was in the good mood after yesterday's game.

- So far everything goes as you've expected?

- Yes, so far everything is as it should be - I go out on the court, play, win and leave. I don't want to waste extra energy in the early rounds.

- Your match against Muller four years ago in the Fed Cup was completely different...

- Yes, I remember that game. First two sets ended in tie-breakers, and I won the third 11-9. We haven't met after that game until today.

- Are you uncomfortable with having to play at Wimbledon two days in a row?

- Not at all. Of course, it does not happen often at a Grand Slam, but I didn't have any troubles with that. When you are in good shape, it doesn't matter if you play every day or every second day.

- Last year Wimbledon was kind of a break-out tournament for you after a long slump. How are you feeling now?

- My play in Eastbourne, where I've lost to Henin in the final by the tie-breaker in the third set, has really boosted my confidence. I can even say that I am a different person compared to the last year. I look at the world more positively, and my results are much better.
Last year, all I wanted on the court is to finish the game and leave for the lockerroom as soon as possible. Now, I want to play and fight no matter what the score and I enjoy being on the court.

- How would you compare your current game with your level two year ago, when you were #2 in the world?

- If you are not Roger Federer, you'll always have your ups and downs. It's quite possible that Eastbourne was one of the best tournaments in my career. I've played really good against Sveta in the semifinal, and I think I've played really good against Henin too. Even though I lost, it hasn't hurt my confidence in the slightest.

- Right now you are working with two coaches - with Jens Gerlach and with Larisa Neiland. Do they have similar views on tennis?

- I worked with Jens for a long time now, and I don't want to end our cooperation at all. But not long ago I began to feel that we are not moving forward, so I've decided to add one more person to our little team. Larisa was clearly a best candidate, since she knows and understands me so well. We are working with her since Rome, and I think we are doing great.

- You plan on being together at every tournament?

- No, only at the most important ones. Larisa's daughter is only 7 months old. By the way, I'm her godmother.

- What's her name?

- Nastya

- Is that after you?

- (Laughs) Maybe not, maybe she just liked the name.

- So, do you give any presents to you goddaughter?

- Of course, I will do anything for the little Nastya. But she grows so fast that it's really hard to buy her any clothes.

- Neiland is also a coach for the Russian Fed Cup team, but you don't plan to play for that team this year. Do you think it's ok?

- Yes, we've talked that through and it's ok.

- You've said in one of your Roland Garros interviews that you really want to play in Madrid this year. Do you think you are closer to that goal now?

- I hope so. I watched last YEC in Los Angeles on TV, and I really want to be one of the eight participants this year. I think it's possible.

- Lindsay Davenport and Serena Williams are skipping this Wimbledon. Is competition level lower because of that?

- I don't think so. But of course, Lindsay is very dangerous on the grass. As for Serena, she has a lot of injuries lately. But everyone else is in top form now, so competition level is really high. And I think that competition level overall has really grown lately. A lot of new girls begin to compete on the highest level.

- Please name some talented newcomers.

- Michaella Krajicek, for example. Ana Ivanovich. But there is really a lot of young players that can surprise you now.

- Do you agree that Wimbledon courts are getting slower?

- I don't have any opinion on that. And I don't really understand how can someone remember exactly what courts were like a year ago, after so many tournaments played during that year.

fleur137
Jun 30th, 2006, 06:29 AM
same here. everything that's shown are aussie matches and they sometimes show the ones on the big courts just to fill up the time between aussie matches imo. sucks that nastya ain't been on a big court yet...

fleur137
Jun 30th, 2006, 06:34 AM
thanks for the interview selyoink. love how her goddaughter is nastya too!

I will do anything for the little Nastya.
sweet! :angel:

Foot's Fingers
Jun 30th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Nice to see Nastya in good mood

azmad_88
Jun 30th, 2006, 08:59 AM
all the best natsya baby in singles and doubles..i hope u can reenter top 10 after this tournament..make the top 10 crowded with russians like 2004

cindy
Jun 30th, 2006, 09:47 AM
thx for the interview selyoink! we should try to see how many times nastya said in how many differents interview "I'm a different person now"...hopefully she is always as sweet as she was! thx again!

Foot's Fingers
Jun 30th, 2006, 09:47 AM
I don't like Nastya's commercial with Riussian Mobile Service Company :fiery:

azmad_88
Jun 30th, 2006, 09:48 AM
lin? pic?

cindy
Jun 30th, 2006, 09:48 AM
what are you talking about foot's???

Foot's Fingers
Jun 30th, 2006, 09:52 AM
smthng like this is now in papers and my friends who lives in Russia told me that on streets as well

I prefer juice more

http://archive.sport-express.ru/pdf/14.pdf - pdf file from sport paper with Nastya's interviw as above + reports abt the match

see the bottom

Foot's Fingers
Jun 30th, 2006, 09:55 AM
yeeh and the slogan : Nastya is saying : " the good return is importent for me"

"return" it's mean "receipt of mobile signal" here as well

azmad_88
Jun 30th, 2006, 09:57 AM
thank u

cindy
Jun 30th, 2006, 09:59 AM
thx foot's....I don't like the idea that nasty

cindy
Jun 30th, 2006, 09:59 AM
thx foot's....I don't like the idea that nastya is doing commercial for juice or for anything else!

AceTennisGrrrl
Jun 30th, 2006, 10:01 AM
guys, i fucking love anastasia so much. i went to wimby and i queued so long to get into her match! It is not very clear but here is match point sorry for the wobbling aroundi am clapping hehe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph0336qXxL4

AceTennisGrrrl
Jun 30th, 2006, 10:02 AM
omg i saw someone put the whole dam game up :crying2: I thought i was doing something first :sad:

cindy
Jun 30th, 2006, 10:05 AM
acetennis don't be sorry I'm sure yours is great too!!! thx for sharing and welcome on nastya's forum!!

fleur137
Jun 30th, 2006, 12:55 PM
nastya and lena l are winning atm. won first set 6-3 and now are a break up serving 2-1

fleur137
Jun 30th, 2006, 12:57 PM
thx foot's....I don't like the idea that nastya is doing commercial for juice or for anything else!
why what's wrong with doing ads? :confused:
it gives her extra income and means that she's got and still has star power

cindy
Jun 30th, 2006, 01:17 PM
I don't like it because 1) they always make her wear too much make up in the comercials 2) because to me nastya has nothin' to do with comercial even if I'm ok to say that she as a real star power in her I don't like it nowadays (thx anna K) female tennis player always want to make money with everything but tennis I know that nastya is not doing that but if she doesn't make any comercial at all it'll be great to me

frenchie
Jun 30th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Nastya/Lena won their doubles match 6/3-6/4
No loss of energy today

Now focus on your singles baby!!

selyoink
Jun 30th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Glad little energy was expended in the doubles win. Nastya has been very energy efficient so far this tournament.

cindy
Jun 30th, 2006, 01:22 PM
congrats girls!!!

Foot's Fingers
Jun 30th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Good win girsl :kiss:

Nice start :)

slk45
Jun 30th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Congrats to Nastya and Lena!! Keep it going, ladies! :bounce: :bounce:
GO NASTYA!!! :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

omg i saw someone put the whole dam game up :crying2: I thought i was doing something first :sad:Well, I saw yours first. Thanks! :bigwave: :kiss:

miffedmax
Jun 30th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the interview, Selyoink.

Now, dear sweet Nastya, will you please take your blonde childhood friend aside and explain to her that bit about NOT WASTING ENERGY IN THE EARLY ROUNDS!

And Nastya as a godmother . . . hilarious, sweet and scary all at once!

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2006, 05:06 PM
It's good to have Anastasia back in form.
She should be a force all summer and fall

Spunky83
Jun 30th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Germany reached the semis :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :lol:

You guys should see this right now here....itīs amazing!

Hopefully Nastya will give me another sports highlight these weeks!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ARIANE 5
Jun 30th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Congrats Germany (thanks Lehmann) :worship:
Allez les bleus :) sorry Brazil ;)

iine:
Jun 30th, 2006, 07:37 PM
I saw the match. :worship: And no doubt Germany would win the penalty kiick with Lehmann as goalkeeper! :yeah:

ARIANE 5
Jun 30th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Nastya vs Medina Garriguez court 18, 12.00 pm

Come on Nastya :)

manu32
Jun 30th, 2006, 08:17 PM
come on nastya and france.....

Foot's Fingers
Jun 30th, 2006, 08:40 PM
GER shows what mean real fight and desire

of cos with some luck

Foot's Fingers
Jun 30th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Court 18 12.00 noon Start

1 Ladies' Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Anastasia Myskina (RUS)[9]
vs Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP)[23]

2 Gentlemen's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Irakli Labadze (GEO)
vs Mardy Fish (USA)

Go Nastya!!! :rocker2:

miffedmax
Jun 30th, 2006, 09:19 PM
And they didn't even need a handball to win!

(Who me? Still bitter? Never! :lol: Seriously, happy for Spunky and Germany both).

angiee3
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:35 AM
thank goodness at the end Germany won...!

well good luck tomorrow nastya... hopefully they'll show the match tomorrow...

denine
Jul 1st, 2006, 05:03 AM
Good luck nastya!

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 05:09 AM
all the best nastya!

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 05:20 AM
looking at the rankings, i really hope nastya makes it far at wimbly cos nicole vaidisova really is nipping at her heels... they're only abt 50ish pts apart

Thauron
Jul 1st, 2006, 10:16 AM
Court 18 12.00 noon Start

1 Ladies' Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Anastasia Myskina (RUS)[9]
vs Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP)[23]

2 Gentlemen's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Irakli Labadze (GEO)
vs Mardy Fish (USA)

3 Ladies' Doubles - 2nd Rnd.
Carly Gullickson (USA)/
Bryanne Stewart (AUS)
vs Elena Likhovtseva (RUS)[11]/
Anastasia Myskina (RUS)[11]

Hm, Myskina will only have the time of one men's match to recover between her two matches today. For a change, I hope these two take their time.

I wish her the best of luck in both her matches today.

Really enjoyed the Germany-Argentina match too - it is always nice to see the organizing country go far - good for the atmosphere. Maybe the Germans should consider giving the inevitable Klose a statue (like the Greeks did for Charisteas) ;) - as soon as Germany levelled things were looking really bleak for the Argentinians.

Filippo-Nastya
Jul 1st, 2006, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the interview, Selyoink :)
Good luck to Nastya for both matches, today.
Yes Thauron, Klose is very very strong and the whole German team too. Next Tuesday it will be tough for us :scared: :scared:

P.L.B.
Jul 1st, 2006, 11:18 AM
I was at the doubles match yesterday, at one point Nastya has hit the ball into a spectator but apologized very much for it.

I think I have some good photos of her, in a few days they will be developed... I will have some from the practice courts too

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:20 PM
nastya's match started!! she served first and won the game!

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:35 PM
Sorry...had to do some hand shaking for my dad.

Ok...here we go:

Nastya - M.G.* 3-3

Bad game by MG here. Nice BH crosscourt winner to win game.

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:39 PM
Nastya* - M.G. 4-3

Wonderful BH drop shot by MG, Nastya too far from baseline => 15-15. Nice FH DTL whihc MG canīt return properly, good attack => 30-15. ACE => 40-15. Second GP converted when MGīs FH goes wide.

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:39 PM
lol i was wondering where you were esp when nastya's match has started!! :lol:
lol it's only the first set and i was already missing your commentary! keep it up spunky! thank you!

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:44 PM
Nastya - M.G.* 5-3

Bad BH by Nastya...goes totally wide => 15-0. FH goes wide by MG => 15-15. FH goes into net by MG => 15-30. Second serve, BH goes long by MG => BPs for Nastya. BP1: Return netted. BP2: Second serve, Nice FH winner by MG, right on the line => deuce. bh winner by Nastya return => BP3: Passing shot winner on the net.

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:46 PM
please take the set pt nastya! :mad:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:47 PM
so first set won :kiss:

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:47 PM
Nastya* - M.G. 6-3

FH wide => 0-30. Return netted=> 15-30. Nice long FH by Nastya which MG canīt return => 30all. FH goes wide => 40-30. SETPOINT: Second serve, Nice return which Nastya canīt respond to. deuce: second serve once again, return goes wide on fh => 2nd SP: second serve (again), FH on the run goes out by MG after rallie!

TRAINER HAS BEEN CALLED....donīt know for whom

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:48 PM
Nastya again seems to have breathing problems. Doctor and physio on court. commentator already said, she wasnīt playing her regular tennis, thatīs true. Nastya coughing, talking to the doctor.

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:49 PM
TRAINER HAS BEEN CALLED....donīt know for whom
hope it's not nastya....

EDIT: uhoh...hope it's nothing serious

denine
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:50 PM
Nastya again seems to have breathing problems. Doctor and physio on court. commentator already said, she wasnīt playing her regular tennis, thatīs true. Nastya coughing, talking to the doctor.
:scared:

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:51 PM
Got an asthma inhalator in her hand....TIME...phew

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:53 PM
Nastya - M.G.* 6-3 1-0

Nice rallies...Nastya runs and runs => 0-40. And here we have the īmy opponent is ill, I canīt play herī- syndrom again. Game to 0-

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:53 PM
hope she's breathing a bit easier now

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:54 PM
Nastya - M.G.* 6-3 1-0

Nice rallies...Nastya runs and runs => 0-40. And here we have the īmy opponent is ill, I canīt play herī- syndrom again. Game to 0-
lol for two games in a row too!

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:54 PM
Nastya* - M.G. 6-3 2-0

Nastya playing awesome now for some reason :lol:, terrific fh => 30-0. Wondeful BH winner=> 40-0. Nastya looking suprised at how well sheīs playing => ace. again to 0.

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:57 PM
Nastya* - M.G. 6-3 2-0

Nastya playing awesome now for some reason :lol:, terrific fh => 30-0. Wondeful BH winner=> 40-0. Nastya looking suprised at how well sheīs playing => ace. again to 0.
lol yeah no ues from nastya so far and 4 winners in this set

denine
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:57 PM
Wow nastya! :lol:

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:58 PM
Nastya - M.G.* 6-3 3-0

Nastya playing her great grass game again...lol. Nice serve down the T=> 15-15. Funny net play by Nastya as she smashed twice right back on MG and nets the volley => 30-15. Awesome BH => 30all. Nastya again playing FH close to the baseline which MG canīt return => BP1: Inside out fh goes wide.

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:58 PM
Nastya getting some medicine...physio is there again but she looks better

iine:
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:00 PM
Nastya getting some medicine...physio is there again but she looks better
That's good to hear. :D

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:00 PM
Nastya* - M.G. 6-3 4-0

MG sucking now, Nastya playing her great game. Man, thatīs creepy => bh winner.

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:03 PM
Nastya - M.G.* 6-3 4-1

Sorry eating also right now, so short cuts of the reports, but nothing really happens. MG continues to suck and Nastya playing really great. Lucky netcord by MG => 30-30. GP when MG smashes => 40-30. Forced error by Nastya.

Filippo-Nastya
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:05 PM
I watched Nastya 6-3 3-0 but now because of the beginning of Agassi-Nadal, Italian TV doesn't show her anymore.
I need your infos, Spunky :worship:

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:06 PM
Nastya - M.G.* 6-3 4-1

Sorry eating also right now, so short cuts of the reports, but nothing really happens. MG continues to suck and Nastya playing really great. Lucky netcord by MG => 30-30. GP when MG smashes => 40-30. Forced error by Nastya.
take your time spunky! :) nastya's winning anyway

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:07 PM
Nastya* - M.G. 6-3 5-1

awsome crosscourt FH winner => 15-0. aWESOME drop shot on the net => 30-0. Too much risk on that FH=> 30-15. Long BH => 30-all. MG playing better again. Killer BH by Nastya => 40-30. No return able for MG.

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:09 PM
come on nastya break and win!

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:11 PM
Nastya - M.G.* 6-3 5-2

MG goes up to the net and misses volley => MP1 : missed when MG hits fh winner right into the corner. MG nets as overwhelmed by power. MP2: Missed when return goes long. Deuce: Nice forward game by MG, puts away volley. AD: smash error by Nastya, awful.

denine
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:12 PM
nastya's on tv now. she does look a little sick.

Filippo-Nastya
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:12 PM
Nastya - M.G.* 6-3 4-1

Sorry Spunky, I hadn't read that you were eating.

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:15 PM
Nastya* - M.G. 6-3 5-3

Serving for the match. NEW BALLS. BH goes way out by Nastya => 0-15. Bad first serve, return rocks by mG=> 0-30. DF => 0-40. 3 BPs! First chance missed byreturn error. Second one missed when Nastya hits FH winner. Passing shot winner on BH.

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:15 PM
wow got broken again.....

iine:
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:16 PM
Damn, she needs to focus again.

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:16 PM
uhoh...come on nastya!

denine
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:17 PM
omg. nastya :scared:

iine:
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:17 PM
Geez, if she looses this set ..

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:18 PM
Nastya - M.G.* 6-3 5-4

FH goes wide by Nastya => 15-15. mishit gives MG weird winner => 30-15. FH goes wide => game

ARIANE 5
Nastya please, 1 game, now :mad:

Foot's Fingers
no no no pls not agin in 3rd rnd of Wimbledon

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:19 PM
is nastya looking really sick?

denine
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:20 PM
nice serve! 2mp!

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:20 PM
please take these mps!

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:21 PM
phew!

iine:
Pheww .. GSM Nastya! :woohoo:

Spunky83
Nastya* - M.G. 6-3 6-4

second try to serve out the match. Nastya doing too many errors lately. Letīs go: Itīs unbelievable, MG playing really well now => 0-15. Wide return=> 15-15. Funny netgame by both, Nastya winning though=> 30-15. Return forced error=> 40-15! MP3: too long fh.

denine
:woohoo:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:22 PM
63 64 :woohoo:

could be much easier but even a little struggeling and breathe problems she was managed to win :kiss:

ARIANE 5
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:22 PM
Thanks Nastya, great job. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thauron
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:23 PM
Phewww...

She got me really scared there - luckily she made it. I don't want to think about what could have happened if she had lost this game too.

Maybe she should consider skipping doubles later today - Likhovtseva aggravated her ankle injury too so, taking some extra rest might be a good idea for both of them.

Anyway: so glad she made it. :bounce:

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:24 PM
she felt ill and couldnīt breathe but stil won, so kudos;)

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:25 PM
63 64 :woohoo:

could be much easier but even a little struggeling and breathe problems she was managed to win :kiss:
yepz! a win is a win! venus next

actually no. doubles next... :unsure: hope she doesn't stress herself out. but i think it'll be a while cos lena l's match is still going

Foot's Fingers
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:25 PM
Match Summary

Myskina (RUS) Medina Garrigues (ESP)

1st Serve % 34 of 64 = 53 % 33 of 56 = 59 %

Aces 3 0

Double Faults 1 2

Unforced Errors 23 20

Winning % on 1st Serve 24 of 34 = 71 % 15 of 33 = 45 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 17 of 30 = 57 % 14 of 23 = 61 %

Winners (Including Service) 21 11

Receiving Points Won 27 of 54 = 50 % 23 of 63 = 37 %

Break Point Conversions 4 of 8 = 50 % 2 of 6 = 33 %

Net Approaches 5 of 8 = 63 % 4 of 8 = 50 %

Total Points Won 68 52

Fastest Serve 109 MPH 106 MPH

Average 1st Serve Speed 96 MPH 96 MPH

Average 2nd Serve Speed 76 MPH 77 MPH

more ue then winners, but more winners then AMG

and quite good serving records

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:26 PM
Pheww .. GSM Nastya! :woohoo:
love your dani av!!!

Thauron
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:26 PM
Thanks again for the reports and comments, Spunky. I hope I won't need them anymore though - that would mean I would be able to watch her live.

Thanks you! :worship:

iine:
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:28 PM
love your dani av!!!
Thnks fleur!:kiss:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:30 PM
Phewww...

She got me really scared there - luckily she made it. I don't want to think about what could have happened if she had lost this game too.

Maybe she should consider skipping doubles later today - Likhovtseva aggravated her ankle injury too so, taking some extra rest might be a good idea for both of them.

Anyway: so glad she made it. :bounce:

i think if they feel good on time of begining of the match so they will better to start doubles

They will have full sunday for resting + i think additional 2 hrs of rest will not solve breathe problems if smthg serious (ask Davydenko)

bt Let's them to decide

Filippo-Nastya
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:36 PM
Luckily she won the last game, what a relief!! :D
Those breathing problems :confused: hopefully she'll be OK soon. Come on, Nastya!
Thanks for the live infos about Nastya's match, Spunky ;)

ARIANE 5
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:47 PM
I hope she will serve better than today because her second serve against Venus :rolleyes: If it's against Venus ;)

Thauron
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:58 PM
i think if they feel good on time of begining of the match so they will better to start doubles

They will have full sunday for resting + i think additional 2 hrs of rest will not solve breathe problems if smthg serious (ask Davydenko)

bt Let's them to decide

You're probably right - I just hope it is something small like at the AO and nothing too serious.

Thauron
Jul 1st, 2006, 02:12 PM
We've got a serious problem, people. Fish retired after losing the first set 6-2 :eek: and Likhovtseva just barely got off the court. I wonder what the organizers will do.

Spunky83
Jul 1st, 2006, 02:28 PM
Court 18...no one on court...but the crowd seems to love just starring at an empty court :lol:

My match report is up on www.anastasia-myskina.com

Thauron
Jul 1st, 2006, 03:47 PM
Well, they are playing right now and won the first set with 6-4 so it seems they are fine.

:worship: to Likhovtseva for being such a professional athlete - it is not easy to rekindle the spirit so fast after a loss.

Better finish this in two short sets though so both of them can start to enjoy their sunday's rest.

KV
Jul 1st, 2006, 03:55 PM
Another good win into last 16. :)

Foot's Fingers
Jul 1st, 2006, 04:28 PM
Congrats with doubles win as well Nastya/Lena

and without resting

Will be chering for JJ today

Hope she can stop Venus

Foot's Fingers
Jul 1st, 2006, 04:29 PM
score: 64 63

Foot's Fingers
Jul 1st, 2006, 04:30 PM
Match Summary

Gullickson (USA)/
Stewart (AUS) Likhovtseva (RUS)/
Myskina (RUS)

1st Serve % 46 of 67 = 69 % 31 of 52 = 60 %

Aces 1 1

Double Faults 4 2

Unforced Errors 17 12

Winning % on 1st Serve 27 of 46 = 59 % 24 of 31 = 77 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 8 of 21 = 38 % 10 of 21 = 48 %

Winners (Including Service) 24 24

Receiving Points Won 18 of 52 = 35 % 32 of 67 = 48 %

Break Point Conversions 1 of 1 = 100 % 4 of 5 = 80 %

Net Approaches 39 of 75 = 52 % 31 of 49 = 63 %

Total Points Won 53 66

Fastest Serve 107 MPH 104 MPH

Average 1st Serve Speed 99 MPH 96 MPH

Average 2nd Serve Speed 84 MPH 75 MPH

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2006, 04:30 PM
It's good she gets a day off

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/SJW/Picture3copy.jpg

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2006, 04:31 PM
No socks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/SJW/Picture15copy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/SJW/Picture9copy.jpg

Vass22
Jul 1st, 2006, 04:40 PM
No socks

Just those tiny women's socks. :)

_LuCaS_
Jul 1st, 2006, 04:48 PM
Nastya :woohoo: :D
So consistent, almost unbelievable. Let's get to that QF :hug:
PS: I hope you're right GL

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2006, 04:51 PM
Adding Neiland was smart.
Sometimes, change is good
and she didn't want to change coaches, so she added one.
Very smart move, and now I expect her to play well all year, and
be on the 2008 Olympic team

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 05:42 PM
thanks for the pics!
and congrats on the doubles win nastya!

fleur137
Jul 1st, 2006, 06:06 PM
Congrats with doubles win as well Nastya/Lena

and without resting

Will be chering for JJ today

Hope she can stop Venus
gosh i dun really know who to go for...JJ or Vee? cos either way i want nastya to win lol

_LuCaS_
Jul 1st, 2006, 06:29 PM
I think Venus' game suits Nastya more than Jankovic's...she can easy frustrate Venus (who isn't last year's Venus).
And a win against VW would be tremendous for her morale.

_LuCaS_
Jul 1st, 2006, 07:01 PM
She plays Jankovic next. They had a nervous match last year. Hopefully Nastya knows how to handle her on grass.

angiee3
Jul 1st, 2006, 07:08 PM
hope she does fine against jankovic.... but anything can happen.... (i'm confident she'll do fine..)

Foot's Fingers
Jul 1st, 2006, 07:31 PM
gosh i dun really know who to go for...JJ or Vee? cos either way i want nastya to win lol

plahhhhhhhhhhh

she will play vs JJ next

It's great!!!

i beleive Myskina has more chances against her

She beat her last year :devil:

And devils abt this win will helps Nastya again
+ when last time JJ had 2 big wins in a row????? win over current Nastya for anybody out of top20 i consider as BIG...

Go Nastya

the cat
Jul 1st, 2006, 08:36 PM
Things seem to be going well for La Legs at Wimbledon 2006. :) But she really needs to win her next match against Jelena Jankovic who might have a letdown after upsetting Venus Williams today.

manu32
Jul 1st, 2006, 10:22 PM
monday schedule:
court13.......
british are british......

sinterklaasje
Jul 1st, 2006, 10:45 PM
2 wins for Nastya today :woohoo:
Jankovic next. I hope Nastya will be focused and doesn't think the match is already hers.

cindy
Jul 2nd, 2006, 12:04 AM
congrats nastya hope she'll do it against jankovic in an easier way than last year...good luck nasty baby and THX for the wonderfum pix the one with sveta is just soooooooooooooo adorable!

Almalyk
Jul 2nd, 2006, 12:05 AM
Nastya - great win! I hope your health is better tomorrow though!
I'm pleased she plays JJ not VW. I have a good feeling about her reaching the quarters.

:)

Daniel
Jul 2nd, 2006, 04:20 AM
yes. so far you are doing great Nastya :kiss: :hug:

good luck vs Jankovic

:bounce: :D

slk45
Jul 2nd, 2006, 06:10 AM
Great win today, Nastya!! :smooch: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Congrats, too, Nastya and Lena L. on Doubles win!! :banana: :banana: Keep it going!

Again, Spunky, great reporting!! Needless to say, not a sign of Nastya on ESPN. No Lenas and even no Maria!!

WHY do we have Nastya, Lena & Maria all going to the same SF??? :mad: I know -- it's the draw.
Lena D. :bounce:
Lena L. :sad:

GO NASTYA!!! Into the Quarters!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Josh810
Jul 2nd, 2006, 06:28 AM
Again, Spunky, great reporting!! Needless to say, not a sign of Nastya on ESPN.

Well they did show one game, the very last one. :rolleyes:

selyoink
Jul 2nd, 2006, 07:00 AM
Glad Nastya won. A little easier then I thought it would be actually.

I hope it isn't such an adventure against Jankovic this time around.

Still Nastya will need Ivanovic to take Mauresmo out. Otherwise QF is as far as she can go. Unless Mauresmo chokes which she never does against Nastya.

selyoink
Jul 2nd, 2006, 07:01 AM
Well they did show one game, the very last one. :rolleyes:

Really? I can't believe ESPN would even show a game. I'm stunned. Too bad I missed it.

slk45
Jul 2nd, 2006, 07:16 AM
Well they did show one game, the very last one. :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: When did that happen??? The 4 hour show or the 3 hour show? I better check my tape again.... I might have taped the 3 over the 4?? :hysteric:

slk45
Jul 2nd, 2006, 08:06 AM
:eek: :eek: When did that happen??? The 4 hour show or the 3 hour show? I better check my tape again.... I might have taped the 3 over the 4?? :hysteric: :woohoo: YES, I found it!!! They showed it during the Perry-Bammer match while Bammer was being worked on by a trainer. Nastya looks great! :hearts:

Tnx Josh. I probably wouldn't have noticed it for a week, or whenever I got around to watching Perry/Bammer. I'll remove 5 demerits from ESPN's current total of 510, even though they don't deserve it.

Funny...the commentators are now talking about how well she can play, & how she can give Venus trouble, as she's about to move to the round of 16. Not a peep about her in the previous 5 days. :scratch:

GO NASTYA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Thauron
Jul 2nd, 2006, 10:15 AM
:eek: Jankovic defeated Venus!

Wow, I had to leave right after the first few games of Venus' match, and now... even on a sunday without tennis I've got reason for a small victory dance. ;)

Jankovic better not make it too difficult tomorrow, otherwise Myskina will have to be cruel again. :p And I am sure she doesn't want that to happen again. :devil:

Serious though, Myskina better be fully prepared and focused - Jankovic might be very confident after this win - although last year's match might be a difficult (or positive - the need for revenge is strong emotion) mental factor for Jankovic.

martirogi
Jul 2nd, 2006, 10:45 AM
i love jankovic SO much. when i first saw her in person in her second round match i thought "i love this girl, she is my new favorite" of course then i remember nastya. but definately she's probably my second fav now. bye bye tati. and then i saw her whole match over venus. williams gave it away in the third, but jelena played Amazing in the first and second sets.

i don't know who to cheer for. if it were any other time it would be nastya, but a wimbly quarterfinal now would mean much much more to jankovic's career. i'm glad yesterday was my last day at wimbledon because it would be too hard to watch this match.

~|Naomi|~
Jul 2nd, 2006, 12:21 PM
Good Luck in round 4 Nastya:)
Jankovic played really well against Venus, hit the ball great from the back of the court. She will be tough....remember their match at Wimbledon last year.

frenchie
Jul 2nd, 2006, 02:16 PM
Nastya is on the entry list of Stockholm.... :eek:

Strange scheduling for the summer hardcourt season IMO:

Cincinnati
week off
week off
Stockholm (in Europe :rolleyes: )
Montreal (not confirmed yet)
New Haven
USO

Let's hope she doesn't get injured and can collect a lot of points
She has a real shot at nr7 after the USO :worship:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 2nd, 2006, 02:23 PM
didnt see her match yesterday......... :(
saw her 1st two rds and she was great :D :)

hope to see her tomorrow, glad they put her 2nd on Court 13.

Filippo-Nastya
Jul 2nd, 2006, 09:02 PM
Nastya is on the entry list of Stockholm.... :eek:

Strange scheduling for the summer hardcourt season IMO:

Cincinnati
week off
week off
Stockholm (in Europe :rolleyes: )
Montreal (not confirmed yet)
New Haven
USO

Let's hope she doesn't get injured and can collect a lot of points
She has a real shot at nr7 after the USO :worship:

I hope she'll play Montreal and then will skip New Haven. Her schedule is strange, I agree. Now she is in Europe, then she will go in the US, then she'll come back in Europe and finally US again :rolleyes:

Good luck to Nastya for tomorrow, I want her in the QF so I will have a birthday with Nastya-Mauresmo/Ivanovic and Germany-Italy. :bounce:

slk45
Jul 2nd, 2006, 09:09 PM
Nastya also plays 3 WTT events in Missouri before Cincinnati. :dance:

Almalyk
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:17 AM
Nastya good luck versus Jankovic. Make it easier than last year!
I now know why all American's complain about tennis coverage - there is none here in Los Angeles! No Nastya anyway!

fleur137
Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:23 AM
Nastya good luck versus Jankovic. Make it easier than last year!
I now know why all American's complain about tennis coverage - there is none here in Los Angeles! No Nastya anyway!
lol i should complain about tennis coverage in aus too! No FO and Wimbly is just all hail aussie tennis. they think we all love Lleyton and can't live without him. i swear the aus commentators have said gazillion times "don't go anywhere. we're going to straight to lleyton's match when he gets on court" during the Agassi/Nadal match. they said it so many times that even my dad was like what the hell?!?! Aussie telly is so biased :mad:

selyoink
Jul 3rd, 2006, 06:22 AM
i love jankovic SO much. when i first saw her in person in her second round match i thought "i love this girl, she is my new favorite" of course then i remember nastya. but definately she's probably my second fav now. bye bye tati. and then i saw her whole match over venus. williams gave it away in the third, but jelena played Amazing in the first and second sets.

i don't know who to cheer for. if it were any other time it would be nastya, but a wimbly quarterfinal now would mean much much more to jankovic's career. i'm glad yesterday was my last day at wimbledon because it would be too hard to watch this match.

Traitor. How dare you talk about not rooting for Nastya and demoting Tati :fiery: :p

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 3rd, 2006, 07:07 AM
Davai Nastya

Good luck vs JJ

martirogi
Jul 3rd, 2006, 09:28 AM
Traitor. How dare you talk about not rooting for Nastya and demoting Tati :fiery: :p

well jankovic and tati are both too inconsistent for my taste. i'm very competitive so i would like them a lot more if they actually won things.

_LuCaS_
Jul 3rd, 2006, 10:08 AM
Good luck today Nastya :hug:
Play your game and finish her quick

Almalyk
Jul 3rd, 2006, 10:20 AM
Good luck Nastya. QF please.

Foot's Fingers
Jul 3rd, 2006, 10:30 AM
Good Luck today Nastya

Spunky83
Jul 3rd, 2006, 11:31 AM
I will be at work during that match and although we are allowed to watch tv, I think I wonīt be able to follow it on Wimby LIVE using the computers...a few months ago, a fellow student got fired just because he had transferred some of his MP3 playersī music on the computer to share with another colleague...but I will make sure to download the whole match afterwards and write a report later the night.

However, I will be here following the scores together with u guys!!!
Gooo Nastya!!!

Foot's Fingers
Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:11 PM
I will be at work during that match and although we are allowed to watch tv, I think I wonīt be able to follow it on Wimby LIVE using the computers...a few months ago, a fellow student got fired just because he had transferred some of his MP3 playersī music on the computer to share with another colleague...but I will make sure to download the whole match afterwards and write a report later the night.

However, I will be here following the scores together with u guys!!!
Gooo Nastya!!!

:eek: omg Pure student

seems i need to say great thnks to my Boss

fleur137
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:12 PM
bremond's won. when's nastya coming on?

fleur137
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:22 PM
ooohh! it's started. jankovic serving first

Spunky83
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:25 PM
And thereīs the break!

Our show will be on in about an half an hour...and after that half an hour talking about the pro/cons about the aired shows...probably Nastyaīs match would be over by then...hopefully good end

denine
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:31 PM
phew! she holds.

cindy
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:40 PM
I don't know what but I have a bad feeling about this match...please nastya play realy realy well

ARIANE 5
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:43 PM
Bad feeling me too, win your serve Nastya, please :rolleyes:

cindy
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:47 PM
glad to see that I'm not the only one! I realy wanted her to play venus now if she loose I'll be desapointed, if it was a lost against venus I'll have say "okay! it's venus it was realy hard" but with jankovic I can't think like that so please nastya win this one!

Foot's Fingers
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:48 PM
she break again *5-4 :)

ARIANE 5
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:49 PM
One game Nastya, please :rolleyes:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:49 PM
serving for set :tape:

She was ups a break twice already

cld she hold now???

denine
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:50 PM
please hold!!! :scared:

Thauron
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:50 PM
Truly the perfect time for a break - if she could consolidate it by holding her serve after it for a change...

ARIANE 5
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:52 PM
Ouf ;)

Thauron
And she did :bounce: First set is hers 6-4! :banana:

Keep going, Myskina!

denine
yes!!! :D please win in straights, nastya!

cindy
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:57 PM
she likes the 6/4 this year! if you want nastyenka you can do the same in the second set I'll be okay with that score but you can also make it easier as long as you win!

Foot's Fingers
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:57 PM
Nastya :banana:

cindy
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:01 PM
I still have my bad feelings...

ARIANE 5
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:07 PM
Break now Nastya :rolleyes:

cindy
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:12 PM
I didn't know than janko has a great serve! I can't help thinking when I saw them training on the same court at RG and nastya said "who do she think she is?"...please nastya show a lil bit more than you think that you are better than her and keep your serve and win this match!!!

ARIANE 5
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:18 PM
oh Nastya :smash:

Thauron
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:19 PM
I still have my bad feelings...

Ssshhh, you're just nervous. ;)

You're just sending bad vibes all over the place. :)

denine
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:19 PM
please hold nastya!

Thauron
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:22 PM
If she wants another 6-4, now is the time to make the first break of the set.

cindy
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:24 PM
Ssshhh, you're just nervous. ;)

You're just sending bad vibes all over the place. :)

lol sorry NASTYA WILL WIN THIS MATCH GO GO GO! (is it better like that? :D )

ARIANE 5
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:25 PM
Just one game Nastya, please :rolleyes:

cindy
keep your serve right now nastyenka!

Thauron
lol sorry NASTYA WILL WIN THIS MATCH GO GO GO! (is it better like that? :D )

Now that's more like it :lol:

Serve it out now, Myskina!

cindy
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:28 PM
:mad: 5/5 :mad: now break her one more time please nastya!

denine
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:29 PM
OMG!!! SHIT! COME ON NASTYA!!!!! :scared:

Spunky83
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:31 PM
Ok, I am back...what a score :eek:

cindy
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:33 PM
ok keep your serve NOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

cindy
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:34 PM
Ok, I am back...what a score :eek:

hope you'll bring her some luck!

Thauron
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:37 PM
Damn, a bloody TB :(

denine
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:37 PM
TB!! omg! come on!!!

denine
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:39 PM
she 's on tv!!! nastya's really pissed off.

Spunky83
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:45 PM
yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Spunky83
without any set loss into the quarters!

denine
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!

Thauron
Phewww

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Close, but in two sets. That's all that counts. Into the quarters! :banana:

cindy
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:46 PM
she won!!!! thx nastya now I can go on my swimingpool! congrats even if it wasn't your best match of the year...hope she'll do better in her quarter! anyway all her point are saved!!!

ARIANE 5
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:46 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo:
My god, congrats Nastya :worship:

cindy
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:48 PM
without any set loss into the quarters!

yeah! I'm kind of proud of her for that!

Foot's Fingers
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:48 PM
She is in QF again :banana:

fleur137
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:49 PM
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!i'm so happy! qfs here we come!!

Foot's Fingers
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:49 PM
but broken twice when serving for match :help:

Anyway not loosing a set and she is in QF

fleur137
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:50 PM
but broken twice when serving for match :help:

Anyway not loosing a set and she is in QF
either way a win is a win and she's lived up to her seeding imo

Filippo-Nastya
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, great Nastya :bounce: :bounce:
Again in the Wimbledon quarters, fantastic! :bounce: :bounce:

Foot's Fingers
Match Summary

Myskina (RUS) Jankovic (SCG)

1st Serve % 50 of 72 = 69 % 47 of 72 = 65 %

Aces 2 0

Double Faults 2 2

Unforced Errors 18 20

Winning % on 1st Serve 32 of 50 = 64 % 22 of 47 = 47 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 8 of 22 = 36 % 15 of 25 = 60 %

Winners (Including Service) 22 15

Receiving Points Won 35 of 72 = 49 % 32 of 72 = 44 %

Break Point Conversions 5 of 9 = 56 % 4 of 9 = 44 %

Net Approaches 13 of 18 = 72 % 9 of 11 = 82 %

Total Points Won 75 69

Fastest Serve 107 MPH 108 MPH

Average 1st Serve Speed 93 MPH 101 MPH

Average 2nd Serve Speed 74 MPH 87 MPH

_LuCaS_
Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:52 PM
Nastya :woohoo: :D
Everything worked perfect so far, let's try and smash the gates now ;)

Foot's Fingers
either way a win is a win and she's lived up to her seeding imo

She is going far then her seeds :)

selyoink
Hell yeah Nastya!!!

Now come on Ivanovic!

I really believe if Mauresmo loses to Ivanovic that Nastya has a great chance at getting to the final. Obviously if Mauresmo wins I believe it is all over for Nastya.

manu32
Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:01 PM
Hell yeah Nastya!!!

Now come on Ivanovic!

I really believe if Mauresmo loses to Ivanovic that Nastya has a great chance at getting to the final. Obviously if Mauresmo wins I believe it is all over for Nastya.

crappy forehand and an overrated volley....ask dechy how to beat her on grass....slice and slice....but i'll prefer ivanovic however....

belgian's draws are unbelievable.......

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:03 PM
I think this half of the draw is wide open.
Each QF is open, anyone of them can make the final

fleur137
Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:06 PM
She is going far then her seeds :)
yeah i know :) but at least she's lived up to it. that was all i wanted this wimbly. but then i def don't mind if she does more lol ;)

fleur137
Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:08 PM
lol once again i have no idea who to root for....momo or ana?
momo's got a great record against nastya, so that's not good...
ana will want to avenge FO loss, so that's not good either...

Foot's Fingers
Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:17 PM
i agree that Nastya has more chances against Ana then Momo

+ bear in mind that i don't remember 2 good big wins for Ana in a row

So go Ivanovic!!!!

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:38 PM
Very exciting tournament.
The most wide open Wimbledon ever

Spunky83
Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:43 PM
she won!!!! thx nastya now I can go on my swimingpool! congrats even if it wasn't your best match of the year...hope she'll do better in her quarter! anyway all her point are saved!!!

Can I come to? :cool:

With the summers getting longer and hotter every year in europe, the buildings should consider, adding air conditioners...I just ate an ice and drinking plenty of water, soooo hot.

Wow...my dream would like this this: Nastya vs. Justine (of course) in the finals, plus one day after that Germany winning the World Cup...wow, what a party :hearts:

sinterklaasje
Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:49 PM
:woohoo:
:yeah:
so glad she won this match
tough, but she got through
QF, here we come :cool:

frenchie
Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:49 PM
Wohoooo!!

Great result for Nastya!! I'm sure she can beat Mauresmo
I'd like to see the match...

cindy
Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:53 PM
Can I come to? :cool:

With the summers getting longer and hotter every year in europe, the buildings should consider, adding air conditioners...I just ate an ice and drinking plenty of water, soooo hot.

Wow...my dream would like this this: Nastya vs. Justine (of course) in the finals, plus one day after that Germany winning the World Cup...wow, what a party :hearts:

you can come but you'll have to bear the fact that my mum is italian and so my heart...your germany will not win spunky :devil: :lol:

frenchie
Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:56 PM
you can come but you'll have to bear the fact that my mum is italian and so my heart...your germany will not win spunky :devil: :lol:

bacause France will win anyway :worship:

Amélie is leading 6/3-3/1 :rolleyes:

cindy
Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:03 PM
reve pas frenchie!

frenchie
Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:07 PM
Was Nastya playing good tennis??
Did she looked happy after winning??

ARIANE 5
Jul 3rd, 2006, 06:07 PM
Nastya vs Mauresmo : court 1 :(

Come on Nastya :)

Almalyk
Jul 3rd, 2006, 06:08 PM
Nastya - into the QF again, and in much more convincing style than 2006- I really believe you are well and truly on track. You will have nothing to lose tomorrow - Fight vs Amelie.

:woohoo: What a great week.

slk45
Jul 3rd, 2006, 06:50 PM
A very nice win for Nastya!! :hug: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

I even got to see a couple minutes of it!! ESPN2 actually cut out of a men's match to show Nastya serving for the match :eek: They then came back later for the tb at about 2-3, and stayed with it. :p

I think she looked happy, Frenchie. Or maybe it was relieved.

[B]C'monnnn Nastya!! Take out Amelie! Next stop, SFs. :smooch: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

slk45
Jul 3rd, 2006, 07:06 PM
DICK ENBERG on ESPN2: "Coming up in our live coverage, we'll revisit the Sharapova/Pennetta match." :lol:

btw, Brad Gilbert during Myskina's 1st match point referred to her "rollercoaster" style of play. We're famous! :p

meyerpl
Jul 3rd, 2006, 07:15 PM
:hearts: Nastya :hearts:
It wasn't pretty at times, but she got the job done. Four down, three to go!!!

selyoink
Jul 3rd, 2006, 07:53 PM
Can Nastya finally conquer Mauresmo again? I'm not very hopeful but maybe this new Nastya that doesn't lose sets to lower ranked players can take Mauresmo down.

selyoink
Jul 3rd, 2006, 07:53 PM
Here is Nastya's interview after the match:

A. Myskina
Monday, 3 July, 2006

Q. You just keep winning.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Sounds good to me, but tomorrow is going to be a different day, different player, much better. I don't know who it's going to be, but it doesn't matter. Anybody who is in the quarterfinal, it's really good.

Q. You had a tough match with Jankovic last year. What was the difference today?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, she's a really strange player. Let's put it that way. She walk on the court. I don't think she really care about the way she play. She more care about how she look. That was kind of strange, you know. She was more touching her hair, whatever, skirt. I was just thinking, If you don't want to play tennis, why are we even trying here hard?

Q. Was it distracting?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: A little bit, you know. She took her towel here, she took a towel there. She's like, you know, it's really annoying, let's say. But, well, she can play. She can play really well. But she's like up and down all the time.

Q. So you're focused?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I have to. I had to whole match.

Q. Even though you served for it at 5-4?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, she can play, like I said. She was playing maybe I was a little bit tense because I want to finish the match. I put a little bit of pressure on myself that I have to finish the match. She was more relaxed. But basically, I mean, nothing really.

Q. You did not want to go three sets?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No. Too hot.

Q. How did it affect you when you heard that Venus lost? I'm sure you were thinking you were going to probably play Venus, no?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, we talked actually before that I play Venus. But, yeah, I saw little bit. Just Venus played not great. She did a lot of mistakes. Wasn't her day, for sure.

Q. So talk about overall since, let's say, a month. Other than your loss to Justine in Roland Garros, your tennis seems to be consistent.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Even the French Open Justine wasn't that bad. Maybe the score 6 1, 5 Love was like weird. But the match wasn't that bad.

Q. End of the second set, you almost got back in.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Was great match.

Q. So you feel almost everything is coming back now?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I definitely feel different person. You know, I definitely feel that I can win more. Even tomorrow I think I'll step on the court and I will more not be like, Oh, I'm satisfied with result. I just want more. So I think I can play better.

Q. Just talk about Amélie. Looks like she's going to win. Playing her on grass is a she attacks a lot more.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, that's true. I don't really take seriously her lost (sic) in Eastbourne, because that was her first tournament. I'm sure she's in much better shape right now. We will see. I play her last year this same round. She will come to the net, for sure. But I just have to play my best.

Q. What do you have to do? Do you have to be more aggressive or more consistent?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Consistent and aggressive and serve well and return well. So basically everything.

Q. Are you feeling better going into this match than you did last year?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, I'm sure. I'm sure Amélie will take me more seriously because last year, was a drama Wimbledon for me. I was like losing every matches. Well, surprisingly, I was in the quarterfinal. But here it's a little bit different. I played well last week. I playing good this week. Maybe she also not going to be that relaxed. She maybe going to be tight in some points. We will see.

Q. Do you give Elena a chance against Maria on grass?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Oh, no comment.

Q. Not on personalities; just on game.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: You never know. Dementieva, it's also she's playing, playing, losing, losing, all of a sudden she's in the quarterfinals. You never know.

Q. She's tough in the Grand Slams, though, right?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: She's always been tough. But I'm sure Maria going to play I don't know. She played good match today. Flavia was playing unbelievable. It's I think up to Dementieva. If she wake up on the right leg, she can play, too.

selyoink
Jul 3rd, 2006, 07:54 PM
One more concern I have is that it will be really hot tomorrow. And Nastya does not like hot weather very much. Especially since she has trouble breathing a lot.

Thauron
Jul 3rd, 2006, 08:05 PM
The hot weather is indeed an issue.

Mauresmo will be really difficult but she sounds determined and hungry in that interview which is a good sign.

Besides, many of Myskina's matches against Mauresmo were rather tight (apart from some a while ago and those of last year) - about time she walks away victorious from another probably tight battle. And we'll see how Mauresmo's nerves hold up when thing get dicy.

I am hopeful ;)

Foot's Fingers
Jul 3rd, 2006, 08:07 PM
i like Nastya's interviw as always:

Q. You had a tough match with Jankovic last year. What was the difference today?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, she's a really strange player. Let's put it that way. She walk on the court. I don't think she really care about the way she play. She more care about how she look. That was kind of strange, you know. She was more touching her hair, whatever, skirt. I was just thinking, If you don't want to play tennis, why are we even trying here hard?

Q. Was it distracting?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: A little bit, you know. She took her towel here, she took a towel there. She's like, you know, it's really annoying, let's say. But, well, she can play. She can play really well. But she's like up and down all the time.

Is it JJ the same fo real????

ok who cares

Foot's Fingers
Jul 3rd, 2006, 08:09 PM
and i want a repeat of Moscow 2003 final, Nastya

I was on this match, and Momo just have nothing to beat Myskina on those day

I want a repeat

I want Momo's blood tomorrow

I feel it

Spunky83
Jul 3rd, 2006, 08:13 PM
Was Nastya playing good tennis??
Did she looked happy after winning??

I think she was pissed because of Jelena trying to play tennis and made her to play those tough two sets although Jelena was not interested in tennis at all :lol:

...ahhhh...well, according to Nastya that is :rolleyes: :lol:

cindy
Jul 3rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
loooooooooooooove this interview!!!!!!

KV
Jul 3rd, 2006, 08:58 PM
Great to see Nastya at Wimbly quarters. :) Good luck vs. Momo!

Filippo-Nastya
Jul 3rd, 2006, 09:31 PM
Great interview, Nastya is very funny :lol:
Tomorrow will be a great match, Nastya against the n°1 in the Wimbledon QF, if she wins she will be in the top 10 again next Monday.....mamma mia, I'm nervous.
And yes guys, it's too hot!! Every day here in Prato there are 35-36 degrees, in the last 2 weeks I have never seen a cloud in the sky, there's only sun, sun, sun and...sun. :lol:

Spunky83
Jul 3rd, 2006, 09:45 PM
Great interview, Nastya is very funny :lol:
Tomorrow will be a great match, Nastya against the n°1 in the Wimbledon QF, if she wins she will be in the top 10 again next Monday.....mamma mia, I'm nervous.
And yes guys, it's too hot!! Every day here in Prato there are 35-36 degrees, in the last 2 weeks I have never seen a cloud in the sky, there's only sun, sun, sun and...sun. :lol:

...and walking around with sunglasses at 9 pm :lol:

Unfortunately have to work tomorrow till 4:30 pm, thatīs 3:30pm in the UK and I doubt Justine will need longer than an hour to finish her match.

Does anybody else think itīs odd that the quarterfinals are at the same time? I think thatīs quite a pity cause I just love quarterfinals and would love to see them all live.

the cat
Jul 3rd, 2006, 10:03 PM
Mauresmo is used to controlling her matches so it's vital Myskina gets off to a confident start against Amelie to make Amelie worry about losing.

Filippo-Nastya
Jul 3rd, 2006, 10:16 PM
...and walking around with sunglasses at 9 pm :lol:

Unfortunately have to work tomorrow till 4:30 pm, thatīs 3:30pm in the UK and I doubt Justine will need longer than an hour to finish her match.

Does anybody else think itīs odd that the quarterfinals are at the same time? I think thatīs quite a pity cause I just love quarterfinals and would love to see them all live.

Yeah, it's a pity but in this way the organizers are sure that all the quarters will finish tomorrow (unless it rains a lot), scheduling 4 matches in a row on the same court woul be a risk.

Tomorrow Nastya will also face Martina Navratilova in doubles. Poor Nastya!! With all those volleys that Amelie and Martina will play tomorrow, she will go mad :lol:

Spunky83
Jul 3rd, 2006, 11:27 PM
Yeah, it's a pity but in this way the organizers are sure that all the quarters will finish tomorrow (unless it rains a lot), scheduling 4 matches in a row on the same court woul be a risk.

Tomorrow Nastya will also face Martina Navratilova in doubles. Poor Nastya!! With all those volleys that Amelie and Martina will play tomorrow, she will go mad :lol:

You certainly know the good part about scheduling those matches that early... :devil: :devil: :devil: muahjahahahaa :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, may the better team win ;)

iine:
Jul 3rd, 2006, 11:27 PM
When I saw the results I was like:'Oh holy shit! Myskina won!:eek:.' I looked closer to see the score and I was like:'Holy shit, in straight sets!:eek: :eek:.' She's had a good roll on grass so far.
I'm soo happy she made it into the quarterfinals. Mauresmo will be a tough opponent, we all know that. And I hope that Myskina comes up with her best tennis tomorrow and kick some ass!

btw, I love the interview.:lol: I had a good laugh reading it.

fleur137
Jul 3rd, 2006, 11:53 PM
and i want a repeat of Moscow 2003 final, Nastya

I was on this match, and Momo just have nothing to beat Myskina on those day

I want a repeat
me too! nastya has such a horrible record against momo

fleur137
Jul 4th, 2006, 12:04 AM
i know this belongs to the article thread but it's pretty interesting and since we were talking about a repeat of 03 Moscow, i thought it might be good to post it here too.

From Eurosport
http://i.eurosport.com/2006/06/23/290589-1210296-458-238.jpg
Having booked her place in the quarter-finals for the second year in a row, Ben Harris wonders which Anastasia Myskina will turn up for her match against Australian Open champion and top seed, Amelie Mauresmo.

The Moscow resident has already, at the age of 24, garnered the reputation as one of the most infuriating talents on the WTA Tour.

This does give her one advantage over her opponents, they never know how Myskina will play, if indeed the 2004 French open champion knows herself.

For example, in the fourth round of the French Open earlier this year, Myskina who is known for her slow starts, cut a dejected figure on her favourite clay surface, barely looking interested in the match as Justine Henin-Hardenne rushed into a 6-1 5-0 lead.

Then, for no apparent reason, the Russian burst into life, reeling off four games on the bounce to give the Belgian a real fright before finally secumbing 6-4.

MODEL OF CONSISTENCY

Less than a month later and the scene moves to the occasionally sunny south coast of England, Eastbourne, and Myskina's least favourite surface, grass.

Meeting in the final of the last warm-up event before the circus moved to SW19, the same pair of players met once more, and the resulting spectacle could hardly have been more different.

With the odds again firmly stacked against her, Myskina shocked the French Open champion with some superb ground-strokes as she raced to a one set lead.

With the title there for the taking, the Russian then spent the next set looking thoroughly disgusted with herself as she sent her shots in all directions, bar the intended one.

Next, as the match moved into a third set, she started to play her best again, followed by return to her second set form, see a pattern emerging? Myskina would go on to lose the title in a thoroughly absorbing tie-break.

SITTING DUCK

On form Myskina is one of the most devastating players on the tour, off form she is a sitting duck, capable of beating herself nine times out of ten.

Onwards to Wimbledon and the world number eleven has a chance to avenge her limp quarter-final defeat to Mauresmo last year.

Myskina has been helped somewhat by the organisers, being left to make quiet, unspectacular progress through the draw in the comparative backwater of the outer courts while some of the brighter lights have been extinguished in the glare of Centre and Court One.

Not a single dropped set for the Russian thus far suggests a more consistent approach.

Can Myskina keep her run going against Mauresmo? Maybe, who knows. If she can just put another three perfaormances together, she could be holding the golden platter aloft by Saturday.

Personally, when the number nine seed plays, I flip a coin and hope for the best.

Derek.
Jul 4th, 2006, 03:03 AM
The interview :spit:

Good luck in the quarterfinals! :yeah:

You can do it! :dance:

Almalyk
Jul 4th, 2006, 03:34 AM
lol at the comments in the interview. Always interesting reading....

I have more hope than usual tomorrow - good luck!