PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

KV
Jun 26th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Good luck at Wimby let's hope Nastya can keep up her Eastbourne form.

frenchie
Jun 26th, 2006, 09:51 PM
But if Nastya plays on wednesday, she'll have to play again thursday if she wins...

ohhhh, doesn't matter as long as she wins!!

french_girl
Jun 26th, 2006, 10:06 PM
yeah, i was also thinking about that, she will play 2days in a row....
but like you said, no matter when she plays, the more important's that she wins her matches

Almalyk
Jun 26th, 2006, 10:33 PM
No Nastya again today because of rain... Maybe the rest after a tough final last week will help her.

Good luck Nastya!

Spunky83
Jun 26th, 2006, 10:54 PM
...and my dad was so sure of Nastya getting totally trashed by Justine.

Funny thing is that my brother actually watched the match rerun on Eurosport 1 although Germany was playing Sweden live at the same time. He thought the match was really terrific.

selyoink
Jun 27th, 2006, 03:00 AM
But if Nastya plays on wednesday, she'll have to play again thursday if she wins...

ohhhh, doesn't matter as long as she wins!!

She plays on consecutive days all the time at the lower tournaments so it really shouldn't be a factor. If it is then there is really no excuse.

Almalyk
Jun 27th, 2006, 03:32 AM
...and my dad was so sure of Nastya getting totally trashed by Justine.

Funny thing is that my brother actually watched the match rerun on Eurosport 1 although Germany was playing Sweden live at the same time. He thought the match was really terrific.

Spunky - what has happened to A-M.com at the moment?

Spunky83
Jun 27th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Spunky - what has happened to A-M.com at the moment?

Ola had some problems with the site´s creator and she wanted to move away the site from the server for some time now. She´s found someone who could carry on a-m.com but now it seems it´s just part of a general tennis site. However as no one gave me a warning prior to the change of server, I hope we will have a Nastya-only site soon. I am not exactly happy of the move but it wasn´t my site in the first place. I only wrote for it.

goldenlox
Jun 27th, 2006, 03:09 PM
This will be an entertaining 2 weeks.
I wish Anastasia was in a different 1/4, but it could work out okay

meyerpl
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Ola had some problems with the site´s creator and she wanted to move away the site from the server for some time now. She´s found someone who could carry on a-m.com but now it seems it´s just part of a general tennis site. However as no one gave me a warning prior to the change of server, I hope we will have a Nastya-only site soon. I am not exactly happy of the move but it wasn´t my site in the first place. I only wrote for it.
I can't seem to find it anywhere on the general tennis site. :shrug:
I'll keep looking.

Spunky83
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Alright...I talked with our new server provider and here you can find the temporary site for now (a-m.com will be linked soon though!).

http://myskina.lawntennisnews.com/

Just to make sure: a-m.com has not closed down...we just changed the server and it will need some time to get the old page back

meyerpl
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Alright...I talked with our new server provider and here you can find the temporary site for now (a-m.com will be linked soon though!).

Just to make sure: a-m.com has not closed down...we just changed the server and it will need some time to get the old page back
Thanks Spunky! I'm looking forward to reading your analysis of Nastya's seven consecutive victories at Wimbledon.

Spunky83
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks Spunky! I'm looking forward to reading your analysis of Nastya's seven consecutive victories at Wimbledon.

And I will be looking forward to write those!!! :lol:

Almalyk
Jun 27th, 2006, 08:29 PM
And I will be looking forward to write those!!! :lol:

:bounce: :worship:

martirogi
Jun 27th, 2006, 08:30 PM
since nastya in delayed until wednesday i'll see three of her matches :hearts:

i have to get up at 4:30 tomorrow to get in line for tickets. :cuckoo:

ARIANE 5
Jun 27th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Nastya vs Black : court 18, second match.

Come on Nastya :)

martirogi
Jun 27th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Nastya vs Black : court 18, second match.

Come on Nastya :)

but tati is second on court too. :sad: :sad: :sad: motherfucking schedulers.

frenchie
Jun 27th, 2006, 09:10 PM
France in the QF!!! :eek:

I'm in schock after this 3/1 win!!!
That's definitely a great win after the overconfident quotes of the spanish guys and after the racial comments of their coach :bounce:

Hope Nastya gaves me satisfaction this week too ;)

Spunky83
Jun 27th, 2006, 09:15 PM
since nastya in delayed until wednesday i'll see three of her matches :hearts:

i have to get up at 4:30 tomorrow to get in line for tickets. :cuckoo:

...as long as you don´t fall asleep before you actually get the tickets;)

Court 18...so happy I can chose courts :hearts:

miffedmax
Jun 27th, 2006, 09:19 PM
France in the QF!!! :eek:

I'm in schock after this 3/1 win!!!
That's definitely a great win after the overconfident quotes of the spanish guys and after the racial comments of their coach :bounce:

Hope Nastya gaves me satisfaction this week too ;)

Yep, both my ancestral homelands are into the final eight. It almost washes the bitter taste of Team USA out of my mouth. (England is the other).

Now, take out Brazil!

frenchie
Jun 27th, 2006, 09:24 PM
...as long as you don´t fall asleep before you actually get the tickets;)

Court 18...so happy I can chose courts :hearts:

how can you chose the court :confused:

I'm waiting for your report ;)

Spunky83
Jun 27th, 2006, 10:04 PM
how can you chose the court :confused:

I'm waiting for your report ;)

I have paid for Wimbledon live...better than pay 20 Dollars than screaming at Germans sports channel DSF to finally broadcast something other than the top men/german men and Maria S. matches. I was really really happy to watch the Vera/Kim match today rather than Haas´.

Almalyk
Jun 27th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Court 18? What sort of court is that? Is it a decent one? Or has she been placed with a bunch of nobodys?

selyoink
Jun 28th, 2006, 03:47 AM
Court 18? What sort of court is that? Is it a decent one? Or has she been placed with a bunch of nobodys?

I think it most be a decent court. Philippousis, Schiavone, and Hantuchova are all playing there. Plus Kirilenko and Groenefeld played on it on Tuesday. But I don't know for sure.

Either way its not like anyone wants to see Nastya play. She has never won a slam or anything so why should anyone care about her.

selyoink
Jun 28th, 2006, 03:48 AM
but tati is second on court too. :sad: :sad: :sad: motherfucking schedulers.

Just hope that Ginepri and Fish take a long time. Then maybe you can see both matches. Otherwise it is a tough call. Probably should go to the Tati match though since she is likely to make a deep run due to her injury and lack of match fitness.

Almalyk
Jun 28th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Just hope that Ginepri and Fish take a long time. Then maybe you can see both matches. Otherwise it is a tough call. Probably should go to the Tati match though since she is likely to make a deep run due to her injury and lack of match fitness.

Hmmm... Go to the Nastya match though I say! If I was there, i'd at at her every match, regardless of whoever else was playing! The world would revolve around her whilst she was playing! :hearts:

Hmmm... Maybe if Roddick was playing on another court things could be different though. :tape:

selyoink
Jun 28th, 2006, 04:18 AM
Hmmm... Go to the Nastya match though I say! If I was there, i'd at at her every match, regardless of whoever else was playing! The world would revolve around her whilst she was playing! :hearts:

Hmmm... Maybe if Roddick was playing on another court things could be different though. :tape:

Normally I would agree but I fully expect Nastya to live up to her seeding. I have no idea what Tati will do since she has only played one match in over two months. For that reason I'd want to make sure to see Tati play her first match especially since I fully expect Nastya to win.

Though I am very worried about her match for some reason. Usually her early round matches don't worry me much. But for some reason bad feelings are creeping in my mind that she may lose.

Now picking to watch Roddick over Nastya would be a real mistake. Nastya matches have to be more fun then Roddick matches.

slk45
Jun 28th, 2006, 04:27 AM
GO NASTYA!!! :kiss: :yippee: :yippee:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

~|Naomi|~
Jun 28th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Good Luck Nastya.
Let's start Wimbledon strong:)

~|Naomi|~
Jun 28th, 2006, 06:12 AM

It is a show court;)

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 06:56 AM
all i hope for this wimbly is nastya to live up to her seeding. and plus a venus match might be on aussie telly so please nastya don't deprive me of the chance to see you on my idiot box!

Thauron
Jun 28th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Normally I would agree but I fully expect Nastya to live up to her seeding. I have no idea what Tati will do since she has only played one match in over two months. For that reason I'd want to make sure to see Tati play her first match especially since I fully expect Nastya to win.

Though I am very worried about her match for some reason. Usually her early round matches don't worry me much. But for some reason bad feelings are creeping in my mind that she may lose.

Now picking to watch Roddick over Nastya would be a real mistake. Nastya matches have to be more fun then Roddick matches.

I am a bit nervous about this match too. Nastya better be extremely focused out there today. This will be the most important of her first three matches, if she can find her groove here, things should be fine for the next two.

Still, I don't know what Black is really capable of and a first round match is always tricky - since players have very little chance to practice on the grass courts outside of playing their matches.

Still, if she brings her Eastbourne form to this match today, things should go very smoothly.

Best of luck today, Myskina!

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 09:59 AM
I´ll try to post some rallies on the webblog of www.anastasia-myskina.com later the day.

denine
Jun 28th, 2006, 11:13 AM
No way! its almost the same :D

Foot's Fingers
Jun 28th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Nastya :rocker2:

Let's the luck always be with you

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Wow...Tursunov speeding through his match. Please let Sharapova take a bit longer so that I would be able to watch Nastya´s match first and then Roddicks´;)

frenchie
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Nastya is going to be on court soon!!!

Foot's Fingers
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Go Nastya!!!

And thnks to Dima for so fast match

more rest for Nastya if need before tomorrow

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:37 PM
I will occasionally write something throughout the match (hopefully only good things)

Not on court yet

frenchie
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:47 PM
I will occasionally write something throughout the match (hopefully only good things)

Not on court yet

:worship:
It seems you'll be the only one watching the match ;)

Let's hope Nastya plays the same as last week. Her first 3 matches shouldn't be a problem :angel:

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:52 PM

Not on court yet
yes please! i'm super nastya deprived. they're showing shriekarova on telly and i have no interest in that match at all!

denine
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:54 PM
yes please! i'm super nastya deprived. they're showing shriekarova on telly and i have no interest in that match at all!
same here :rolleyes: she's annoying me. ;)

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Nastya wearing sleeveless shirt.

Nastya - Black* 1-0

Looking solid, nice forehand exchange in the first game leads to first BP on Black´s serve. Black fights off BP by hitting a nice volley drop shot. You can see she´s a top doubles player. Long service game. Nice FH winner by Nastya crosscourt=> BP2 . Misses by hitting backhand return UE. 3rd BP as Black´s volley goes wide. Nastya converts as Black hits net buttom.

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Nastya* - Black 2-0

First time on serve. 30-0 by hitting another great FH winner. She puts a lot of pressure on Black. Good groundies just like against Justine at Eastbourne,. Easy service game to 0.

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Nastya - Black* 3-0

Awesome running BH winner down the line (dtl). Awesome awesome awesome return following a nice drive volley. Lovely FH winner DTL. Amazing game, very very solid just as Eastbourne final. Breaks to 0!

Great game

frenchie
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:58 PM
It's looking nice so far!!
she's doing a great job lately!!

BTW thank you Spunky for your detailed summary of each game

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Is that Jurgen Melzer watching?!? I have to recheck, looks like him

denine
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Thanks spunky :yeah: Nastya's looking good :D

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Nastya* - Black 4-0

Nastya again volleying great. Black pretty helpless. Tries to comes up to the net but Nastya just puts all her power into the shot then. Great serve, not returnable. Unfortunately no 3 love games in a row when she overpowers a FH. Easy going, very chilled out.

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:02 PM
same here :rolleyes: she's annoying me. ;)
:wavey: hi denine! great to find that someone shares my annoyance! (no offence meant to any nastya fan here who might like shriekarova) and i never realised this but you and i both like safin and ferrero!!

spunky, thanks heaps for the commentary! really appreciate it! here have some rep

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Nastya - Black* 5-0

Black´s volleying doesn´t really work anymore. Nastya looking really comfortable out there. She´s moving great. Commentators say she´s just continuing what she did in Eastbourne and that´s true. Lovely return FH DTL. Again 3 BPs. Wasting first by BH error. Converst second by hitting BH winner.

frenchie
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:04 PM
I hope Nastya doesn't lose her focus in the second set...
She often wins a first set 6-0 and then loses the second!

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:06 PM
*psst* frenchie...*whispers* since she's on a high let's not jinx it ;)

lol but i really hope she doesn't blow it either

Foot's Fingers
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:07 PM
thank you Spunky for comments in details

Foot's Fingers

pla don't remind me again

Spunky83
Nastya* - Black 6-0

Black hasn´t won a singles match for ages now and doesn´t really seem she would stop losing here. Nastya really looking great great great. Nastya DF => 0-15. First DF. Nastya goes to the net and just smashes the ball away. Very confident. Very very very awesome (I am impressed!) Sets up SP. Misses first SP by netting FH. Second serve => Black slice goes long => 19 minutes => 6-0!

Foot's Fingers
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:09 PM
so bagel set

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:11 PM
well we haven't seen one of those in a while! from memoryl, she hasnt bagelled anyone all year!

denine
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:12 PM
aw man. no double bagel :( :lol:

Thauron

This should be a good test of her abilty to stay focused an entire match.

Spunky83
Nastya - Black* 6-0 0-1

Black finally winning a game when Nastya hits a FH into the net. She pumps up her fist for fun.

fleur137
finally black's on the board...i suppose no double bagels for nastya. but please don't lose concentration!

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Nastya* - Black 6-0 1-1

Nastya anticipating Black´s forward coming, passes her easily with her FH. Misses first GP at 40-0 playing a lousy FH. Black FH goes out. Game.

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:16 PM
spunky, are nastya's ues really off or what? she seems to be making a few in this set. perhaps i'm just being paranoid...

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Nastya - Black* 6-0 1-2

Nastya starts by missing BH. Black nets again as Nastya plays groundie near to the baseline with power. Typical for Nastya, she looks at her coach in disgust because of the slightest error. Nastya nets ball, UE. Black goes up 2-1 when Nastya hits return wide.

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Nasty definetly not as great anymore but she´s still not off. I mean she held service game to 15. That´s not typical for Nastya to hold at the beginning of a second set after won first.

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Nastya* - Black 6-0 2-2

Nastya wins first point by hitting strong serve which Black can´t return. Nastya smashing, reminds a bit of Sampras´smash dunking;) Looked cool. Black slice fh sails wide. Black still looking helpless on Nastya´s serve. Black hits return into net when another booming Nastya serve came.

frenchie
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:20 PM
well we haven't seen one of those in a while! from memoryl, she hasnt bagelled anyone all year!

Nastya gave Vinci a bagel in Rome (lost the second set after that!!) and another one to Gajdosova last week.

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Nastya - Black* 6-0 2-3

Wonderful crosscourt FH winner. No way for Black to return that one. Nastya misses passing shot for like the first time => 15-all. Misses another when Black hits a nice approach shot, very deep slice. Amazing volley winner by Black. Servce and volley. Black getting two GPs. Misses first when Nastya sent Black running from one side to other and then hit wonderful drop shot. 1 GP left: Great serve.

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Nastya* - Black 6-0 3-3

Nastya starts by hitting another great bh passing shot. Always seems like Nastya has a bunch of time deciding what to do with the ball. Serves pretty well too. BH wide => 30-15. Sets up GPs when Black tries to play chip and charge but fails miserably. Nastya hits a volley stretching to the ball in the air. Black has only won 2 points on Nastya´s serve in the second set so far

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Nastya gave Vinci a bagel in Rome (lost the second set after that!!) and another one to Gajdosova last week.
really? o.m.g. my memory must be failing me.... :sad: :eek: :tape:

frenchie
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:27 PM
break her now!!!
she's serving well but can't break anymore...

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Nastya - Black* 6-0 3-4

Nastya caught off guard, looked weird, Black can easily pass her. Black looking much better now on serve. First DF from Black. Still two GPs. Gets game when Nastya hits return out.

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:29 PM
ok nastya, time to step it up and win the next 3 games

denine
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:31 PM
come on nastya! break now!

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Nastya* - Black 6-0 4-4

Nastya still playing groundies very near to the baseline, makes it hard for Black to return properly. Again a nice smash, set up by hitting great approach shot. Very good positioned for that shot. Nastya winning long rally again. Black can´t really respond to Nastya´s mixed up game. Nice passing shot FH => To love yet again!

Thauron
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM
She better breaks now and finishes this off.

frenchie
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:33 PM
It's getting closer now.
I don't want a third set, please

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Nastya - Black* 6-0 5-4

Black serving well. Nastya gives Jens another stare. Awesome return for a change => 30-15 on Black´s serve. Nastya just totally puts everything in her forehand and yet again Black can´t help but net the response to that => 30-30. Misses first serve. Black frustrated, talks to umpire, claims serve was in. Ump won´t say anyting. => Black misses smash leads to BP Nastya! Another powerful bh return which Black nets. THE BREAK!

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:39 PM
WOOHOOO!!! she won!

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Nastya* - Black 6-0 6-4

Commentators are arguing about who can stop her in her part of the draw...she´s really playing pretty well. Black hits nice volley as Nastya tries to pass her. Nastya´s attempt to play a lob goes wide => 15-30. Nastya very lucky as FH pass clips the net but still goes in => 30-30. Black fh goes wide as Nastya plays approach shot near the baseline. MP => first serve missed, wow! Great lob on BH to finsih off match!

Foot's Fingers
Nastya 6-0 6-4 :banana:

Good start!!!

Thauron
Victory! 6-0 6-4 :bounce:

Thanks for your comments, Spunky! :worship:

ARIANE 5
Great job, congrats :bounce:

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Well...that was just AMAZING. I might say it again: HOLY ASS :lol:

Nastya grinning her ´I love tennis!´ grin.

Foot's Fingers
Match Summary

Myskina (RUS) Black (ZIM)

1st Serve % 20 of 39 = 51 % 34 of 48 = 71 %

Double Faults 1 1

Unforced Errors 14 13

Winning % on 1st Serve 18 of 20 = 90 % 21 of 34 = 62 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 14 of 19 = 74 % 3 of 14 = 21 %

Winners (Including Service) 21 6

Receiving Points Won 24 of 47 = 51 % 7 of 38 = 18 %

Break Point Conversions 4 of 7 = 57 % 0 of 0 = %

Net Approaches 10 of 13 = 77 % 11 of 26 = 42 %

Total Points Won 56 31

Fastest Serve 106 MPH 106 MPH

Average 1st Serve Speed 100 MPH 96 MPH

Average 2nd Serve Speed 73 MPH 73 MPH

whn the last time it's haapend that Nastya's opponent not even had 1 bp :eek:

denine
:banana: yay!

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:42 PM
21 winners to 14ues.
only 50% of first serves went in...but she won 90% of 1st serves
won 70% of second serves.

stats don't look that bad. just first serves in might be a bit iffy but nonetheless great win nastya!! i'm so happy!

btw, who's her next opponent?

frenchie
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Amazing start!!

LOL at Wertheim who picked Black as a surprise winner :lol:

slk45
NASTYA!! :bounce: :bounce:
Great start, Nastya! :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: Keep it going, now. :hug:

Spunky83
I might also say that Andy sux again.

ARIANE 5
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Next opponent : Martina Muller (Ger)

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:56 PM
^cool thanks!

Foot's Fingers
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Muller???? this Fed Cup 2002 hero?????

Foot's Fingers
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:02 PM
yeeh that was definetly Martina in 2002

H2H

Myskina leads 1-0
Rnk/Seed Year Event Surface Rnd Winner Score Rnk/Seed
29 / -- 2002 FED CUP WEEK 1 CLAY (O) R1 A. MYSKINA 7-6(5) 6-7(4) 11-9 65 / --

Hope for another but EASY win for Nastya tomorrow

denine
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:03 PM
I might also say that Andy sux again.
yeah :rolleyes:

slk45
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the play-by-play, Spunky. :hug: A great help to us ESPN victims.

Filippo-Nastya
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Nastya* - Black 6-0 2-2

Nastya wins first point by hitting strong serve which Black can´t return. Nastya smashing, reminds a bit of Sampras´smash dunking;) Looked cool. Black slice fh sails wide. Black still looking helpless on Nastya´s serve. Black hits return into net when another booming Nastya serve came.

I thought the same thing when I saw that smash :lol: :lol:
I was very lucky today, I can watch Wimbledon on 4 different channels and luckily one of them was showing the matches of court 18 :D :bounce:
It was a good match IMO, Nastya won easily the 1st set and then in the 2nd she broke Cara when she wanted to do that, in the 9th game. Wonderful BH lob in the last point.

meyerpl
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks Spunky(!) for filling in those of us who couldn't watch the match. One down, six to go!

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:19 PM
yeeh that was definetly Martina in 2002

H2H

Myskina leads 1-0
Rnk/Seed Year Event Surface Rnd Winner Score Rnk/Seed
29 / -- 2002 FED CUP WEEK 1 CLAY (O) R1 A. MYSKINA 7-6(5) 6-7(4) 11-9 65 / --

Hope for another but EASY win for Nastya tomorrow
aw god please anything but that type of score tomorrow!

Filippo-Nastya
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Is that Jurgen Melzer watching?!? I have to recheck, looks like him

Yes, he was Melzer, he was sitting next to Gerlach.
The commentator of the match, former tennis player Laura Golarsa, said: "He is Jurgen Melzer, the person next to him is Myskina's HUSBAND, a former German tennis player" :tape: :tape:
Laura, you are ridiculous!! :smash:

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Yes, he was Melzer, he was sitting next to Gerlach.
The commentator of the match, former tennis player Laura Golarsa, said: "He is Jurgen Melzer, the person next to him is Myskina's HUSBAND, a former German tennis player" :tape: :tape:
Laura, you are ridiculous!! :smash:

did you watch it online or what?

Filippo-Nastya
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:37 PM
did you watch it online or what?

I watched the match on SKY, an Italian channel.

Foot's Fingers
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Kuznetsova in her interview in russian press after 1st rnd win on ner birthday:

- Кого пригласили на праздничный ужин?

- Прежде всего Алену Лиховцеву, Настю Мыскину, австралийку Алисию Молик и француженку Амели Моресмо. В Туре это самые хорошие мои подруги.

- То, что вы недавно проиграли Мыскиной в полуфинале турнира в Истборне, на ваши отношения никак не повлияло?

- С моей стороны - нет. С ее, думаю, тоже. Кстати, она показала в Истборне достойную игру. Трава ей неплохо подходит.

Sveta said that she invite only close friends for birthday dinner yesterday: Likhovtseva, Myskina, Molic and Mauresmo.

Seems this company helps Nastya to win today :) :)

Sveta added that she has good relationships with Nastya even losing to her last week in SF , plus she thinks that grass suits to Nastya's game a lot

selyoink
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Excellent work from Nastya. Hopefully she can continue to cruise through these early matches.

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:45 PM
dunno if this has been posted. sorry if it has

Doubles Draw (bottom half cos nastya's in there)

Liezel Huber RSA (7)/Martina Navratilova USA (7) v. Alyona Bondarenko UKR/Katerina Bondarenko UKR

Jelena Jankovic SCG/Tina Krizan SLO v. Ana Ivanovic SCG/Maria Kirilenko RUS

Amanda Keen GBR/Anne Keothavong GBR v. Carly Gullickson USA/Bryanne Stewart AUS

Selima Sfar TUN/Jasmin Woehr GER v. Elena Likhovtseva RUS (11)/Anastasia Myskina RUS (11)

Emilie Loit FRA (14)/Nicole Pratt AUS (14) v. Maria Elena Camerin ITA/Tathiana Garbin ITA

Lourdes Dominguez-Lino ESP/Maria Sanchez Lorenzo ESP v. Laura Granville USA/Shenay Perry USA

Jill Craybas USA/Jelena Kostanic CRO v.Janette Husarova SVK/Vera Zvonareva RUS

Melinda Czink HUN/Vania King USA v.Zi Yan CHN (4)/Jie Zheng CHN (4)

Elena Dementieva RUS (8)/Flavia Pennetta ITA (8) v. Sybille Bammer AUT/Julia Schruff GER

Michaela Krajicek NED/Sania Mirza IND v. Stephanie Foretz FRA/Antonella Serra Zanetti ITA

Vera Dushevina RUS/Galina Voskoboeva RUS v.Akiko Morigami JPN/Aiko Nakamura JPN

Yulia Beygelzimer UKR/Eva Birnerova CZE v. Kveta Peschke CZE (9)/Francesca Schiavone ITA (9)

Ting Li CHN (13)/Tian-Tian Sun CHN (13) v. Bethanie Mattek USA/Mashona Washington USA

Stephanie Cohen Aloro FRA/Maria Martinez Sanchez ESP v. Lilia Osterloh USA/Asha Rolle USA

Klara Koukalova CZE/Vladmira Uhlirova CZE v. Na Li CHN/Shuai Peng CHN

Rebecca Llewellyn GBR/Karen Paterson GBR v. Cara Black ZIM (2)/Rennae Stubbs AUS (2)

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Kuznetsova in her interview in russian press after 1st rnd win on ner birthday:

Sveta said that she invite only close friends for birthday dinner yesterday: Likhovtseva, Myskina, Molic and Mauresmo.

Seems this company helps Nastya to win today :) :)

Sveta added that she has good relationships with Nastya even losing to her last week in SF , plus she thinks that grass suits to Nastya's game a lot
aww that's sweet of sveta! happy b'day!

miffedmax
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Excellent work, Nasty. Now if your Moscow compatriot will just follow suit . . .

selyoink
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Martirogi probably just had a heart attack as Tati won 9-7 in the third saving two match points at 6-7. Hope he is okay.

goldenlox
Jun 28th, 2006, 03:04 PM
A good start, still a long tough road ahead

~|Naomi|~
Jun 28th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Good start Nastya:)

frenchie
Jun 28th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Nastya has a good shot in this tournament ranking-wise.

Her opponents in the rankings (Gronofeld and Schiavone) lost in the first round.
Mary and Lindsay are not playing
Patty sucks on grass and should lose in the next round
Dinara is average on grass and inconsistent

Nastya could be nr8 very soon :bounce:

Bubba08
Jun 28th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Nastya didn't commit in mixed doubles, more energy for the singles competition. :woohoo:

selyoink
Jun 28th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Nastya didn't commit in mixed doubles, more energy for the singles competition. :woohoo:

Yes I was very happy to see she is not playing mixed doubles. She needs all her energy for the singles.

Thauron
Jun 28th, 2006, 04:35 PM
True, still Myskina often seems to love the doubles competition as a way to relax and have fun on the court.

Ladies doubles is looking great though. Likhovtseva cruised 6-0 6-2 - with both friends in good form they could really cause some upsets here.

cindy
Jun 28th, 2006, 05:06 PM
1) THX spunky!!! nice job girl!!! :clap2:
2) congrats nastyenka keep on playing like that in single AND in double!!!
3) sveta is so nice! it's cute what she said and she definatly have some real close good friends!!! nastya and lena! the two best!!!
4) hum hum...jurgen was here!!! if I didn't think that she is married with sasha I'll realy think that they are together...(well actually mariage is not always a prob')
5) wow I didn't know that jens was nastya's husband!!!! sometimes the comentators are :rolleyes: :retard:
6) good luck tomorrow nastya!!!

martirogi
Jun 28th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Martirogi probably just had a heart attack as Tati won 9-7 in the third saving two match points at 6-7. Hope he is okay.

:D i was so mad. the men's matches before tati's match and before nastya's match ended at the EXACT same time. but i chose to see myskina. after dealing with the power obsessed wimbledon stewards (crazy fucks who think they can personally control who sits in what seat) i finally got to see nast. of course she was just as amazing as spunky detailed, her second serve was still bad but whatever. she finished so fast that i got to see the end of tati's second set and the whole third set.

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 05:26 PM
You know the stat I loved the most? Nastya lost only two points on first serve, that´s a 90% winning percentage (18 out of 20). I think that´s quite astonishing, even Sharapova, Venus and Mauresmo had a lower percentage.

I look forward to the tournament stats after the first round matches are finished. She should rank high up there in several categories.

selyoink
Jun 28th, 2006, 05:49 PM
:D i was so mad. the men's matches before tati's match and before nastya's match ended at the EXACT same time. but i chose to see myskina. after dealing with the power obsessed wimbledon stewards (crazy fucks who think they can personally control who sits in what seat) i finally got to see nast. of course she was just as amazing as spunky detailed, her second serve was still bad but whatever. she finished so fast that i got to see the end of tati's second set and the whole third set.

Glad you got to see Tati play as well. Hopefully they will be playing at different times tomorrow.

KV
Jun 28th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Nastya keeping up her Eastbourne form :)

miffedmax
Jun 28th, 2006, 07:23 PM

Actually, I think Nasty donuts her opposition.

iced gem
Jun 28th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Yay! I watched Nastya practice yesterday!!! :D
I love Jens!!! - He is so cute - he kept talking to everyone who was watching Nastya (which wasn't many) and asking "how is she looking" etc...he is so friendly!
Nastya, I have to say, was being her usual Nastya-ish self - was getting into a bit of a strop at Jens and getting frustrated when she hit one bad shot now and again...She seemed to be playing really well though - hitting the lines well and moving great. She often just went and sat down on the side of the court (talking to Larisa (the blonde haired woman is Larisa, right?) whilst poor Jens would patiently wait.
Once they'd finished playing, Nastya spent a while lying on the side of the court, whilst Jens stretched her legs, which was cute to watch.
When she finished practicing - suddenly all the autograph hunters pounced - most of them not even knowing who she was.. :smash: :rolleyes:
I got my photo with her though, and wished her luck, so all was good! :D

Afterwards, I don't know where Nastya went, but I saw Jens a bit later chatting to some coach, and then give Dinara a high five, and spending ages talking to her - they seem like they are good friends. He also recognised me from the practice and gave a little smile! ;)

Almalyk
Jun 28th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Thanks to Spunky for all the commentary! It was great to read it, and astonishing to think that she played so well. I too am impressed with 90% of 1st serve points won!

Convincing start, Muller shouldn't trouble Nastya if she plays anything close to how she did today. :)

Foot's Fingers
Jun 28th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Well Nastya,

if she keeps today lvel no problems to win tomorrow

Almalyk
Jun 28th, 2006, 08:59 PM

Andy - it must have been a completely different Nastya than the one you saw struggle in Miami. I'm pleased she played well for you!

meyerpl
Jun 28th, 2006, 09:09 PM

Thanks again Spunky for posting the link and continuing to write match reports while a-m.com is temporarily down. I got pumped-up reading your report. :worship:

Spunky83
Jun 28th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Thanks again Spunky for posting the link and continuing to write match reports while a-m.com is temporarily down. I got pumped-up reading your report. :worship:

www.anastasia-myskina.com is now linked to that blog as well;)

And thanks for staying with us :worship:

sinterklaasje
Jun 28th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Nastya :yeah:
Thanks Spunky for the match report :worship:

Almalyk
Jun 28th, 2006, 10:17 PM

Agree. It was a great report! :angel:

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 10:26 PM
thanks for the report and the stats!!!

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Nastya has a good shot in this tournament ranking-wise.

Her opponents in the rankings (Gronofeld and Schiavone) lost in the first round.
Mary and Lindsay are not playing
Patty sucks on grass and should lose in the next round
Dinara is average on grass and inconsistent

Nastya could be nr8 very soon :bounce:
brill! a girl always needs a little bit of luck! it'll probably be great incentive for me to update the tourneys thread faster cos i don't have to put 11 all the time!

fleur137
Jun 28th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Yay! I watched Nastya practice yesterday!!! :D
I love Jens!!! - He is so cute - he kept talking to everyone who was watching Nastya (which wasn't many) and asking "how is she looking" etc...he is so friendly!
Nastya, I have to say, was being her usual Nastya-ish self - was getting into a bit of a strop at Jens and getting frustrated when she hit one bad shot now and again...She seemed to be playing really well though - hitting the lines well and moving great. She often just went and sat down on the side of the court (talking to Larisa (the blonde haired woman is Larisa, right?) whilst poor Jens would patiently wait.
Once they'd finished playing, Nastya spent a while lying on the side of the court, whilst Jens stretched her legs, which was cute to watch.
When she finished practicing - suddenly all the autograph hunters pounced - most of them not even knowing who she was.. :smash: :rolleyes:
I got my photo with her though, and wished her luck, so all was good! :D

Afterwards, I don't know where Nastya went, but I saw Jens a bit later chatting to some coach, and then give Dinara a high five, and spending ages talking to her - they seem like they are good friends. He also recognised me from the practice and gave a little smile! ;)
:lol: jens and nastya's relationship is just so weird to me lol

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Myskina on Track

©EPA / L. Parnaby

Wednesday, 28 June, 2006

Ninth-seeded Russian Anastasia Myskina had only a little trouble against wild card Cara Black of Zimbabwe in the opening round of the ladies’ singles, winning 6-0, 6-4.

After a closely-fought first game that saw Eastbourne finalist Myskina break serve, the Russian conceded just four more points on her way to winning the set. A combination of strong serves, stronger returns and awesome play at the net put the Russian in the driver’s seat as the match moved into the second set.

But doubles specialist Black was not to be underestimated. She came out serving strongly and quickly took a 2-1 lead. However, Myskina reclaimed her form, winning her next service game to love to even the score.

Games went with serve until the ninth game. At 30-all, having led 30-0, Black tapped the ball against her cap. At the end of the point she showed the same ball to the umpire, to indicate chalk on it from a shot of hers that was called out. The umpire didn’t overrule, and two points later Myskina secured her first break of the set.

With Myskina serving for the match, Black charged the net at every opportunity. Myskina quickly got to grips with the tactic and took the set and the match with a forehand lob deep into the backhand court.

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Court 3 12.00 noon Start

1 Ladies' Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Laura Granville (USA)
vs Flavia Pennetta (ITA)[16]

2 Ladies' Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Anastasia Myskina (RUS)[9]
vs Martina Muller (GER)

Good Luck!!!

iine:
Jun 29th, 2006, 10:48 AM
If she keeps her level of play up, then Muller cannot hinder Nastya from advancing to the next round. :yeah:

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 11:50 AM

I´ll be back when the match starts! Hopefully it will be as much fun as yesterday :D

ARIANE 5
Jun 29th, 2006, 11:57 AM
I hope too, thanks Spunky

frenchie
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Pennetta is winning easily. Nastya should start soon!!

If she wins, she'll play on Saturday which means she'll have a day off (certainly doubles)

Make it easy Nastya!!

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:17 PM
flavia's won. nastya should be on court soon

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Nastya vs. Muller

Players warming up. Court 3 is small, that´s for sure;)

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:19 PM
hey spunky, are you watching it on telly or online?

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Nastya vs. Muller

One minute to go

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:22 PM
hey spunky, are you watching it on telly or online?

Wimby live online, yes.

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:23 PM
you mean the one where you have to pay?

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Nastya* vs. Muller 1-0

Nastya to serve first. First point goes to Nastya as Muller nets a ball. Good serve by Nastya which Muller can´t return properly and yet another service winner to set up two GPs. Long FH gives Nastya first game.

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:25 PM
you mean the one where you have to pay?

Yes

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Oh ok cool. Thanks for the commentary again btw! :)

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Nastya vs. Muller* 1-1

Nastya misses easy bh => 15 all. Muller too long groundie => 15-30. The German can´t get in a first serve. Great BH DTL (unreturnable) gives Nastya two BPs. Misses first when FH goes out. Misses second by netting bh => Deuce. Nastya can´t return a FH, nets the ball => AD Muller. Again Deuce when Muller nets a ball. Not a good game. Long Nastya FH gives Muller another AD. Great FH DTL by Muller => 1-1

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Nastya* vs. Muller 2-1

Muller plays pretty well. Nice serve and volley by Nastya (or something that looked like it;)). Awesome passing shot on the run by Nastya => 30-15. Great return by Muller => 30-30 despite a good first serve. Good return and drop shot gives Muller first BP. Muller´s returning very well. Good rallie, Nastya plays great angles esp. on bh=> deuce. ACE down the middle => AD Nastya. Unreturnable serve => 2-1.

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:33 PM
thnks for reports

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:34 PM
so seems Nastya is serving well

frenchie
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:35 PM
It seems Muller is a tougher opponent for Nastya!!
Thank you for your report Spunky, it gives a good idea of the match!

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:35 PM
great to know that nastya's serve ain't too shabby

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:38 PM
It seems Muller is a tougher opponent for Nastya!!
Thank you for your report Spunky, it gives a good idea of the match!
yeah. she's got the chances but it's just a matter of taking them. but then it's still early days

Spunky83
Nastya vs. Muller* 2-2

Nastya again having 90% first serve points won stat, that´s nice. Muller to serve. Muller comes to the net but Nastya passes with great FH winner => 0-15. Now Muller´s net attack works => 15-15. Awesome BH winner by Nastya right into the corner => 15-30. Muller with an easy FH error=> 15-40 (2Bps). Muller fights off first by hitting FH DTL winner. Nastya too long fh => DEUCE. Nastya nets return => AD Muller. Nastya loses game by overpowering return goes to the net.

Thauron
She should convert the BPs she has though, that's 4 Bps wasted :fiery:

Not good for her temper and focus either.

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:40 PM
4 BP missed :mad:

Spunky83
Nastya* vs. Muller 3-2

Nice point won by Nastya despite a bad drop shot => 30-15. Muller return forced error => 40-15. Nastya long on Forehand, screams something I can´t understand. Return forced error givse nastya game.

selyoink
I'm not sure I approve of Nastya's habit of wasting double break point situations. I'll have to talk to her about that.

denine
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:42 PM
take the bps nastya!

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:42 PM
well here's 3 bps. better not waste those!
wait...make that 2bps

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:43 PM
make that 1bp...nastya focus!

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:43 PM
finally!!

Thauron
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:44 PM
2 more waisted :hysteric: at least she had three now - and took the third. :bounce:

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Nastya vs. Muller* 4-2

In my opinion Nastya´s too impatient on breakpoints. Let´s see if it changes soon!
Nastya smashes ball away => 0-15. You get to see a lot of smashes of her lately. Muller can´t keep up with the speedy groundies => 0-30. Muller comes up, Nastya plays shot right on her feet => 0-40. 3 BPs: Misses first after long rallie when Nastya can´t return a forehand right on the baseline. 2nd BP: Lucky netcord by Muller. 3rd BP: DAMN IT NASTYA! Take this one! Second serve by Muller. Great return on bh by Nastya => BREAK

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Nastya* vs. Muller 5-2

Nastya is pretty much the player who´s dominating the match. Muller is basically just trying to fight against her. LOL...Nastya was on the total defense, but Muller makes stupid smash error. Again lucky netcord for Muller => 30-30. Return goes out => GP Nastya. Nastya at second serve and now it´s a DF. Very close call, gives Nastya another GP=> Again second serve, Nastya takes game as Muller runs into the ball on the baseline and can´t return. Nastya was playing better yesterday, but today it seems to be pretty much enough.

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:49 PM
thank god for the 3rd bp.

hey btw, is anyone experiencing this prob with their scoreboard? i leave match stats open and yet after like a few seconds, it switches and tells me that are no stats for the match. yet when i press match stats again, there's stats and this cycle happens again and again....

frenchie
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:51 PM
It seems Nastya is winning comfortably even if she's not playing her best tennis which is a good sign!!

Foot's Fingers
Good first set Nastya!!!

selyoink
First set Nastya!

Spunky83
Nastya vs. Muller* 6-2

Nastya is returning pretty fast with a lot of risk. Works out in this game. Awesome smash winner gives NASTYA two SPs. Great FH winner by Muller. One SP left: Muller on second serve, DF! Myskina takes first set.

ARIANE 5
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:52 PM
:woohoo:

fleur137
It seems Nastya is winning comfortably even if she's not playing her best tennis which is a good sign!!
yeah best way to save up the big stuff for later matches

Thauron
A miracle! She breaks already with her second BP of the game! :lol:

That makes BP-conversion 2-9. This could (should?) have been a bagel with a better stat here. But, well, 6-2 is not bad either.

Foot's Fingers

hey btw, is anyone experiencing this prob with their scoreboard? i leave match stats open and yet after like a few seconds, it switches and tells me that are no stats for the match. yet when i press match stats again, there's stats and this cycle happens again and again....

i ahad quite the same on Monday but then works ok

frenchie
Nastya is on a roll lately...

If she wins today she'll be 14/4 since Roma

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:53 PM

Exactly what I am thinking. She´s definetly playing the ´I am a top player and don´t need to be super awesome, just awesome against worse players´-game :lol:

selyoink
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:53 PM

Happened to me with the French Open scoreboard. Not having any problems with Wimbledon one.

frenchie
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Nastya hasn't lost her serve so far in the tourny :eek:

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Nastya* vs. Muller 6-2 1-0

Nastya opens with DF. Muller nets return. Then it´s an awesome FH winner DTL => 30-15. Muller nets bh return as she was surprised by the slice serve. Ace gives Nastya game.

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:58 PM
i ahad quite the same on Monday but then works ok
i opened a new scoreboard and so far nothing's happened. so fingers crossed cos i'm starting to get annoyed....

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:59 PM
there goes another bp...

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Nastya vs. Muller* 6-2 2-0

Nastya nets FH return on good serve => 15-0. Muller again can´t compete on the fast level Nastya´s playing => 15-15. Muller puts away an easy volley=> 30-15. FH very long by Muller, Nastya looks at linesman but doesn´t say anything => 40-15. Muller´s fh on the run sails wide => 40-30. Nastya comes up to the net, plays a low fh volley which Muller nets => deuce. Long return error by Nastya => AD muller. Nice BH winner after 12 strokes rallie => back to deuce. Muller puts FH out => BP: Muller drop shots not very well but Nastya still nets the ball => deuce: Very well placed FH winner by Nastya => BP2: Strong return by Nastya.

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:01 PM
uhoh....0-40 :eek: :eek: :eek:

frenchie
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:02 PM
It seems Nastya is taking a lot of risks and comes to the net a lot??

frenchie
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:03 PM

stupid me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

denine
she got broken! :(

fleur137
frenchie i think you spoke a bit too soon ;)

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Nastya* vs. Muller 6-2 2-1

Great attack at the net by Muller => 0-15. Nastya´s attempt to drop shot on forehand is really ugly=> 0-30. DF gives Muller 3 BPs: First one fought off when Muller misses a FH. 2nd BP: Muller nets easy BH return. 3rd BP: Awesome return forces Nastya to play a tough bh. And we have the first service game lost of Nastya at Wimbly so far.

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:04 PM
That was a service game without much concentration by Nastya. Hope she refocuses now and breaks again.

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:06 PM
3bps! take them please!

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Nastya vs. Muller* 6-2 3-1

Awesome, awesome rallie where Nastya was constantly on the run, Nastya pumps fist=>15-15. great return on second serve by Nastya => 0-40. Takes first BP by a smash. VERY agressive game by Nastya now.

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Nastya vs. Muller* 6-2 3-1

Awesome, awesome rallie where Nastya was constantly on the run, Nastya pumps fist=>15-15. great return on second serve by Nastya => 0-40. Takes first BP by a smash. VERY agressive game by Nastya now.
spunky you mean 0-15 right?

Thauron
FH very long by Muller, Nastya looks at linesman but doesn´t say anything => 40-15.

Was that the 'you, turn to dust' stare-of-death again. She stared at a linesman during the Eastbourne final like that. So scary :scared: (but oh so sexy too :angel: ) ;)

EDIT: :o

Foot's Fingers
so cruising through

What a big difference with last year

frenchie
Hey I have a question Spunky.
I know you have paid for Wimby live and I wonder if it works well?? I mean is the screen often frozen??
I'd like to buy it next year

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Nastya* vs. Muller 6-2 4-1

DF => 15-15. Muller hits return into the net => 30-15. 40-15 after another good serve. Nastya wants to hit the most awesome bh winner but misses closely => 40-30. Muller nets another return.

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Hey I have a question Spunky.
I know you have paid for Wimby live and I wonder if it works well?? I mean is the screen often frozen??
I'd like to buy it next year

I live at the university and we have the same server in the dorms. Mine never frozes but you definetly have to have a fast connection.

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Was that the 'you, turn to dust' stare-of-death again. She stared at a linesman during the Edinbough final like that. So scary :scared: (but oh so sexy too :angel: ) ;)
Edinburgh? when did she have a final there? actually is there a tourney there? :confused:

frenchie
I live at the university and we have the same server in the dorms. Mine never frozes but you definetly have to have a fast connection.

I think I have 1mo :confused:
Is it OK?

fleur137
so cruising through

What a big difference with last year
yeah. last year all of us were probably having heart attacks

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:13 PM
nastya, all i ask now is that you don't lose focus now, serve this out and let me go to sleep!

denine
serving for the match :D

frenchie
yeah. last year all of us were probably having heart attacks

no, the heart attacks were 1st round, 3rd round and 4th round but not 2nd round :lol:

Spunky83
Nastya vs. Muller* 6-2 5-1

Awesome FH passing shot by nastya=> 0-15. Muller nets again => 0-30. Muller is definetly not a match for Nastya. However Nastya misses FH => 15-30. Nastya slips but immediately stands up again, pity she lost the point => 30-30. Muller nets another ball and screams Nein (lol). BP again for Nastya: Nastya hits fh into the net => DEUCE. Great play towards the net by Nastya => BP2. Again too fast for Muller, can´t return properly.

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Nastya :woohoo: Serving for match

3 MP!!!

selyoink
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Well done Nastya! Keep playing like this.

Spunky83
Nastya* vs. Muller 6-2 6-1

Nastya serving for the match. Takes first point => 15-0. Unreturnable serve for Muller => 30-0. Too long return => 3 MPs. Muller is furious...hahaha. Nastya drop shots on MP...lol...just as good as yesterday when she hit the lob for the match win.

Thauron
Edinburgh? when did she have a final there? actually is there a tourney there? :confused:

Hm, I meant Eastbourne - what the hell? Ok, being on the phone and typing at the same time is not a good idea, obviously. ;)

Congrats on another solid match, Myskina!

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Nastya :kiss: :banana:

denine
:woohoo:

ARIANE 5
:woohoo: :woohoo:
50 minutes : Speedy Nastya
Congrats girl :clap2:

Spunky83
Easy going Miss Myskina...easy going.

She looked like an office worker just trying to do a good job and she did. She signs a few things, even posts for a pic.

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:17 PM
She pumped her fist towards Gerlach and moved her raquet without much smile but a very determined look on her face, which might say ´that´s it, that´s how it´s done´,.

This was a good, solid win.

fleur137
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:17 PM
no, the heart attacks were 1st round, 3rd round and 4th round but not 2nd round :lol:
oh yeah that's right. the only good match for wimbly that year. the rest were serious rollercoaster rides

Vass22
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Nastya had 19 UEs, compared to 11 from Muller.
16 to 12 winners.
4 Dfs.
She should clean up a bit, right?

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:19 PM
I think I have 1mo :confused:
Is it OK?

Oh I don´t know. Maybe you better check with your provider service first. I am not much of an internet expert. However, if you´re able to watch other streaming stuff you should be fine.-

fleur137
:woohoo: :woohoo:
50 minutes : Speedy Nastya
Congrats girl :clap2:
wow!! super quick!

Foot's Fingers
Match Summary

Myskina (RUS) Muller (GER)

1st Serve % 35 of 48 = 73 % 38 of 54 = 70 %

Aces 2 0

Double Faults 4 1

Unforced Errors 19 11

Winning % on 1st Serve 27 of 35 = 77 % 17 of 38 = 45 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 5 of 13 = 38 % 6 of 16 = 38 %

Winners (Including Service) 16 12

Receiving Points Won 31 of 54 = 57 % 16 of 48 = 33 %

Break Point Conversions 5 of 14 = 36 % 1 of 4 = 25 %

Net Approaches 11 of 14 = 79 % 4 of 12 = 33 %

Total Points Won 63 39

Fastest Serve 106 MPH 104 MPH

Average 1st Serve Speed 99 MPH 91 MPH

Average 2nd Serve Speed 77 MPH 72 MPH

not the best match but it was not needed to beat Muller

more ue then winners :(

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Nastya had 19 UEs, compared to 11 from Muller.
16 to 12 winners.
4 Dfs.
She should clean up a bit, right?

Not really...Nastya was playing, Muller was just responding so nastya had to take her chances otherwise it would have been very very boring. The few unforced errors weren´t that bad. However she should have converted more of the breakchances.

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:21 PM

it's true

i still remember where i was and from waht comp i was following Nastya's Wim 2005 :cool:

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:23 PM
so after 2 rnds: Nastya is playing as top player

Beating much lower players without problems

Good sign!!!

meyerpl
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Easy going Miss Myskina...easy going.

She looked like an office worker just trying to do a good job and she did. She signs a few things, even posts for a pic.
Sweet Nastya! :hearts:

Thanks for the play by play Spunky! :worship:

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Sweet Nastya! :hearts:

Thanks for the play by play Spunky! :worship:

You´re welcome :wavey:

One thing: In case you were confused...the first score at the left is always indicating the server. So when Muller served but Nastya made a point it was 0-15. 3 BPs for Nastya were 0-40 and so on... ;)

cindy
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:47 PM
congrats lil one! every wimbly now makes me be proud of her!

iine:
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Nastya seems to be playing really good. :D No serious rollercoaster rides so far. Phew.. ;)

Hopefull, she can keep this form up!:yeah:

Very well done, Nastya!:bigclap:

sinterklaasje
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:54 PM
:banana:
well done Nastya :yeah:
and I love the net approach stats
I think I might get used to all these 2 set wins :)

miffedmax
Jun 29th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Good for Nasty. Unfortunately, Lena D. is stinking up the courts, so my celebrations will be muted.

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Raymond really playing well right now against Venus...

goldenlox
Jun 29th, 2006, 03:38 PM
It's a good start. Maybe she will win a Wimbledon.
That would be something

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 04:00 PM
It's a good start. Maybe she will win a Wimbledon.
That would be something

Yeah...that would make her pretty much the first Russian ever two win more than just one slam! :eek: :lol:

If Raymond takes out Venus, someone must do me the favor to take out Mauresmo as well!

selyoink
Jun 29th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Venus broke Raymond who was serving for the match. Venus will probably win now.

Thauron
Jun 29th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Good for Nasty. Unfortunately, Lena D. is stinking up the courts, so my celebrations will be muted.

No need for muted celebrations. It was ugly, but she made it. ;)

selyoink
Jun 29th, 2006, 04:07 PM
No need for muted celebrations. It was ugly, but she made it. ;)

Yes it was ugly but she won something that can't be said about Tati :bigcry:

frenchie
Jun 29th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Come on Raymond!!!!!!!

_LuCaS_
Jun 29th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Nastya :kiss: what a smooth cruise so far
Must keep this level throughout the tourney and she can take out Venus

KV
Jun 29th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Very pleasing keep it up Nastya :)

selyoink
Jun 29th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Come on Raymond!!!!!!!

Raymond is toast. I can't see her winning the third set.

frenchie
Jun 29th, 2006, 04:17 PM
At least Raymong will prove that Venus is very beatable in this tournament!!

What a joy if Nastya could beat her in Wimby...

selyoink
Jun 29th, 2006, 04:34 PM
At least Raymong will prove that Venus is very beatable in this tournament!!

What a joy if Nastya could beat her in Wimby...

Could do the opposite though. Venus might have gotten her bad match out of the way and be much tougher to beat.

frenchie
Jun 29th, 2006, 04:40 PM
I don't want to add pressure but I feel Nastya definitely has her word to say at this tournament!!

She could surprise everybody!!

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Damn it Lisa!

Nah well...ok.

Just a very normal, very innocent question (if I asked that in GM, they would kill me): Is it just me or is Venus´ game very very ugly at times? Might be efficient but omg...the way she moves sometimes when hitting balls? Not beautiful and definetly not what you would call a master shot.

frenchie
Jun 29th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Damn it Lisa!

Nah well...ok.

Just a very normal, very innocent question (if I asked that in GM, they would kill me): Is it just me or is Venus´ game very very ugly at times? Might be efficient but omg...the way she moves sometimes when hitting balls? Not beautiful and definetly not what you would call a master shot.

Yeah I share your point of view about Venus :)
Her movement and shots are not natural like other players (Hingis, Schnyder, Nastya...)

miffedmax
Jun 29th, 2006, 05:12 PM
But it works. (Venus is my #3, you know).

Sorry about Tati, selyoink.

meyerpl
Jun 29th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Damn it Lisa!

Nah well...ok.

I'm running to GM and telling on you! :lol:

Thauron
Jun 29th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Well, it seems Myskina will have to do all the hard work herself. Too bad, but in currect form she should be able to do so.

I have serious doubts about Dementieva getting past Likhovtseva though. The friendly veteran is really rocking lately - which can't be said of Dementieva.

And on Golovin: don't be too harsch on her - coming back from such a serious injury is always very difficult + she is visible out of form. Because of that - I think she definately did ok - and she showed her great fighting spirit. I am sure she will be back at her level at the US Open.

Spunky83
Jun 29th, 2006, 06:26 PM
But it works. (Venus is my #3, you know).

Sorry about Tati, selyoink.

I know it works...it´s like me managing to come from point A to point B with the car although I am a horrible driver :lol:

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 06:46 PM
shit Lisa !!! :fiery:

and will still don't know whom Nastya is plying next

AMG and Clarissa still on court 7-7 in FS

miffedmax
Jun 29th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I know it works...it´s like me managing to come from point A to point B with the car although I am a horrible driver :lol:

As is Nastya (at least according to one of her long-time associates).

Thauron
Jun 29th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Myskina's next opponent will be Medina Garrigues. She just won 6-7(7) 7-5 11-9! :eek:
Medina Garrigues is lucky next match is scheduled saturday - I quess she won't even be able to walk tomorrow ;)

If Myskina can keep up her focus, she should be fine.