PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

fleur137
Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:59 AM
Best of luck in singles tomorrow too..;)
it's tomorrow??? but that's awfully quick!! :eek:

fleur137
Jun 3rd, 2006, 11:02 AM
She has nothing to loose anyway.
well it'll always be good to be able to cover wimbly QF points beforehand...
but yeah nastya should go in there without any pressure at all cos after all, JHH is the defending champion

azmad_88
Jun 3rd, 2006, 11:05 AM
i watched her today
i thought she played intelligently
counter pounching very well
she uses ana's power to her advantage
remind me of those days how she beat davenport.
really positive chance vs henin hardenne

cerbero
Jun 3rd, 2006, 11:06 AM
what a test tomorrow... ;)

frenchie
Jun 3rd, 2006, 11:13 AM
Amazing

Bubba08
Jun 3rd, 2006, 11:21 AM
Pleasantly surprise. :eek: :D
She has lived up to her seeding, though Ivanovic helped her a lot.
Henin will be really tough, her stats look better than Nastya's ones.
Good luck in singles tomorrow!

Thauron
Jun 3rd, 2006, 11:34 AM
Best of luck in singles tomorrow too..;)

Aha, didn't know the next round will be played tomorrow too.
Best of luck in singles too - best of luck especially in singles ;)

As a Belgian, I am really hoping for a day of national astonishment, disappointment and disenchantment here tomorrow.
Such a disgusting lack of nationalistic feelings, Myskina would probably loath me because of it :lol:

ARIANE 5
Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:08 PM
Youpi :bounce:

Congrats Nastya, very good job today.
Now Henin, I'm sure that she can make a good match tomorrow. Everything is possible.

Come on Nastya :)

Harju.
Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:11 PM
Good luck Nastya :hearts: She was playin out of her mind today. Great defense and offense. Hope she can keep up her form :yeah: I'm hopping to ride on the 3AM Rollercoaster now ;) :cool: *waves* @ martirogi and selyoink ;)

Spunky83
Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:12 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2006-06-03/200606031149335798131.html

Post match interview + video

cool_3amyuan
Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:29 PM
many question about Mr. Yeltsin... ;)

Spunky83
Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:32 PM
many question about Mr. Yeltsin... ;)

Eurosport commentators said Yeltsin cheered so hard, he looked like the one playing instead of Nastya :lol:

Filippo-Nastya
Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:55 PM
I want to see Yeltsin at the Justine-Nastya match :lol:
Finally, after a long time, we have the chance to read Nastya's post-match int+video on a web site of a GS tournament. :bounce:
Hopefully, Nastya will play without pressure in the next round, anything can happen, Justine is the best player of the world but...

P.S. Are you sure all the 1/8 finals will be played tomorrow? Or only the top half?

fleur137
Jun 3rd, 2006, 01:16 PM
Juju on Nastya:
Q. How do you feel about playing Anastasia?

JUSTINE HENIN‑HARDENNE: We always had tough matches in the past. We had just great fights. She's a real fighter. Everyone knows how well she can play. Even if she had a little bit of trouble these last few months, she remains a top player. It's going to be a tough match.

I will have to improve my game, go to another step, another level if I want to win tomorrow. That's going to be a good test and very interesting and exciting for me.

THE MODERATOR: Questions in French.
Q. Playing Myskina in the fourth round, is it too early or is it okay?

JUSTINE HENIN‑HARDENNE: Well, this is the Round of 16. You're supposed to be playing very high‑level players, and Myskina is one of them. As I was saying, she's someone who has had difficulties over the past number of months with her results. She's someone you can never write off. She won a Grand Slam. She has experience that not many players have on tour.

She never has any worries or questions. Anything can happen. We've always played tough matches in the past. I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. I'll try to keep my tennis in hand and have fun on court and we'll see what happens. We always have a very good fight.

frenchie
Jun 3rd, 2006, 01:17 PM
Does Nastya have a doubles today??
I hope not...

Is the match against Justine tomorrow? I bet it will on Center Court but I hope it won't start at 11am as I have a tennis match myself...

ys
Jun 3rd, 2006, 01:17 PM
All 1/8 are tomorrow..

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/about/schedule.html

fleur137
Jun 3rd, 2006, 01:19 PM
Good luck Nastya :hearts: She was playin out of her mind today. Great defense and offense. Hope she can keep up her form :yeah: I'm hopping to ride on the 3AM Rollercoaster now ;) :cool: *waves* @ martirogi and selyoink ;)
lol i've been on the rollercoaster for ages and i still haven't put it in my sig! bad fleur!! :o *hops over to usercp to fix this up*

fleur137
Jun 3rd, 2006, 01:26 PM
Does Nastya have a doubles today??
I hope not...

don't think so...i didn't see her name for doubles on the schedule (unless my eyes deceive me...)

cindy
Jun 3rd, 2006, 01:31 PM
great! tomorrow I'm not at school so I'll be abble to watch her...(my poor dad he will not be there) go to rest nastya and good luck for tomorrow she looks confident she realy wants to win she can do it! davai nastyenka!!!!

Filippo-Nastya
Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:06 PM
Henin-Nastya will be the 4th match on Chatrier tomorrow...I can't wait, goooo Nastya!!!

denine
Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:16 PM
the 4th match?!?! darn :( i wont be able to watch it! argh.

goldenlox
Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:27 PM
A huge match tomorrow, Anastasia can gain back all the respect she had after the 2004 FO, and be on her way to where she was

sinterklaasje
Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:37 PM
:woohoo:
Well done Nastya
Ivanovic made a lot of errors, but I guess Nastya made her selfdestruct by her intelligent game and great retrieving (didn't see the match, but I guess it went this way as Nastya can drive hardhitters totally nuts).

As a Belgian, I am really hoping for a day of national astonishment, disappointment and disenchantment here tomorrow.

that makes us 2 :D
It will be a very tough match for Nastya. But I'm happy with her tournament, whether she'll win or not tomorrow. I give the edge to Justine, so I won't be very disappointed if she loses, but of course it would be great if Nastya can win this one.
The first Nastya-match of this season on TV for me :woohoo:

frenchie
Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:47 PM
Henin-Nastya will be the 4th match on Chatrier tomorrow...I can't wait, goooo Nastya!!!

Great for me!! (sorry for those who won't be able to watch :sad: )
I have a belgium channel which shows EVERY single point of Justine all year long so I'm sure to see the match ;)

iine:
Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:58 PM
Oh shit! :( i won't be able to watch the match! :sobbing: Coz I will probably be confirmed at that time. dammit

goldenlox
Jun 3rd, 2006, 03:01 PM
Anastasia is one of a very small group of people who can win this major.
So can Justine.
This is a very big match

ys
Jun 3rd, 2006, 03:11 PM
Anastasia is one of a very small group of people who can win this major.
So can Justine.
This is a very big match

Not really very small.. 5 main favourites ( Henin, Clijsters, Hingis, Mauresmo, Kuznetsova ) are all still here.. And that does not include Nastya, Venus or Maria who all are Grandslam Champions. And with another group of players ( Schnyder, Schiavone, Peer, Safina ) capable of beating anyone on this surface on a given day, it is highly unpredictable tournament.

The only 4 players of R16 who, IMO, don't have a real shot to get to the final are Hantuchova, Dulko, Groenfeld and Vaidisova.

frenchie
Jun 3rd, 2006, 03:14 PM
I think Nastya should have no pressure for this match!

I mean, she's playing great and she lived to her seeding so no problem. Of course if she wins this will be huge as she will have a good draw in the QF and maybe Kim in the semis who's playing like shit recently

But Justine first

cerbero
Jun 3rd, 2006, 03:17 PM
I think Nastya should have no pressure for this match!

I mean, she's playing great and she lived to her seeding so no problem. Of course if she wins this will be huge as she will have a good draw in the QF and maybe Kim in the semis who's playing like shit recently

But Justine first

Justine will be under more pressure... ;)

Filippo-Nastya
Jun 3rd, 2006, 03:18 PM
Great for me!! (sorry for those who won't be able to watch :sad: )
I have a belgium channel which shows EVERY single point of Justine all year long so I'm sure to see the match ;)

Can you tell me the name of the belgian channel, please? :)

frenchie
Jun 3rd, 2006, 03:22 PM
Can you tell me the name of the belgian channel, please? :)

The channel is RTBF2 ;)

Filippo-Nastya
Jun 3rd, 2006, 03:34 PM
The channel is RTBF2 ;)

Thanks ;) Now I check if my decoder allows me to watch it.

KV
Jun 3rd, 2006, 03:41 PM
Excellent scoreline :D

denine
Jun 3rd, 2006, 03:43 PM
:mad: WHY do i have school the next day!!!? :(:(:(:(

Thauron
Jun 3rd, 2006, 03:49 PM
I just saw the end of the Rochus-Martins match and it seems there are a lot of Belgians in Paris - especially later on the day.

So Myskina should expect a crowd cheering against her. On the other hand, the Belgian crowd couldn't save Rochus either... ;)

By the way, will Myskina have to play a doubles match too tomorrow? I really hope not.

goldenlox
Jun 3rd, 2006, 04:14 PM
Biggest match she has played since 2004.
This one is huge.
It's okay if she loses, but if Anastasia wins...
good times!

rrfnpump
Jun 3rd, 2006, 04:57 PM
go Nastya and upset the cheater ;)
we dont want to have the Allez in the second week

frenchie
Jun 3rd, 2006, 05:04 PM
we dont want to have the Allez in the second week

OMG I could have said that :worship:

Nastya's sister
Jun 3rd, 2006, 05:25 PM
I could have said it as well!! Hm, wonder why??

Anyway, I'm very happy with Nastya's result and I think she looks so happy after her matches. That makes me very happy as well!! I definitely think she can beat Justine but of course it will be dificult.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 3rd, 2006, 06:40 PM
Nastya :banana: :)
what a win ;) :yeah: :D

Nastya !!!!!!!!!!!! now good luck in 4th rd tomorrow

Vass22
Jun 3rd, 2006, 06:46 PM
I'm afraid for Boris during these matches. he's an old man, and his health is... *touches wood* GOD FORBID if anything ever happens to him, Nastya will kill herself. *touches wood*

Foot's Fingers
Jun 3rd, 2006, 07:47 PM
I'm ready for 3AM Rollercoaster now

i want 3AM Rollercoaster tomorrow

If Nastya play competitive match it will be ok , nevermind result

if she won it will be great result

i want huge upset for ala jhh fans

Nastya!!! Now you my only hope inRG

Pls make jhh fans cry!!!

cindy
Jun 3rd, 2006, 08:41 PM
foot's finger...one more time I agree with you!

martirogi
Jun 3rd, 2006, 08:51 PM
good luck tomorrow nasty!

manu32
Jun 3rd, 2006, 09:04 PM
I'm ready for 3AM Rollercoaster now

i want 3AM Rollercoaster tomorrow

If Nastya play competitive match it will be ok , nevermind result

if she won it will be great result

i want huge upset for ala jhh fans

Nastya!!! Now you my only hope inRG

Pls make jhh fans cry!!!

too........

manu32
Jun 3rd, 2006, 09:06 PM
I'm afraid for Boris during these matches. he's an old man, and his health is... *touches wood* GOD FORBID if anything ever happens to him, Nastya will kill herself. *touches wood*

nastya is boris dream.......

slk45
Jun 3rd, 2006, 09:39 PM
we dont want to have the Allez in the second weekOMG I could have said that :worship:I could have said it as well!! Hm, wonder why?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

slk45
Jun 3rd, 2006, 09:50 PM
Great win, Nastya!! :kiss: :hug:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Good luck tomorrow! If Justine calls for a trainer, don't believe it!!! :rolleyes: :p Just keep on :boxing: :devil:

From Nastya's press conference:Q. One last question about Mr. Yeltsin. He was watching Maria's match as well yesterday.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I saw that.

Q. She doesn't spend a huge amount of time in Russia. Does that surprise you that he watched her?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Why? He loves Russian player, no matter where they live. Svetlana lives in Spain, but he still like her. Doesn't really matter where you live. I guess Nastya's willing to accept Maria as a Russian now. :angel: :tape: :lol:

fleur137
Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:42 PM
I guess Nastya's willing to accept Maria as a Russian now.
whether she really accepts her, i don't know but i think it was more of a diplomatic answer on Nastya's part to avoid being drawn into the trap of talking about shriekarova. The fact that she uses sveta living in spain as an example rather than shriekarova living in usa shows her tact in being able to handle questions like these. it's a really smart answer.

cerbero
Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:55 PM
You can do it Nastya...

fleur137
Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:59 PM
Nastya, ganbatte!!

Almalyk
Jun 4th, 2006, 01:36 AM
Nastya, i'm so pleased with your 3rd round win!
I don't expect you to win tomorrow, but i'd like a good close match.
She has a chance... Nastya and Justine have had some awesome struggles, it's about time she came out on the winning end of one of them :)

Almalyk
Jun 4th, 2006, 02:23 AM
According to the serve stats (I had a good look) Nastya blasted a second serve at 172kmph!!!

I wonder if she forgot that she had already made a fault on the first serve :tape:

azmad_88
Jun 4th, 2006, 02:55 AM
She has a chance... Nastya and Justine have had some awesome struggles, it's about time she came out on the winning end of one of them :)

trust me..i really think she can win if she played like today..just sometimes unforced errors when leading thats all..lets hope she can play well..but she will be on very late thanks for stupid RG officials starting with 2 men's matches

ys
Jun 4th, 2006, 02:59 AM

I want Nastya to win. Only victory. Period. I don't care how close it is.. The closer it is going to be in case of defeat the more it is going to hurt.. Do you really want a repeat of Athens-2004 or LA-2003? That was so damn close that it still hurts..

azmad_88
Jun 4th, 2006, 03:02 AM
I want Nastya to win. Only victory. Period. I don't care how close it is.. The closer it is going to be in case of defeat the more it is going to hurt.. Do you really want a repeat of Athens-2004 or LA-2003? That was so damn close that it still hurts..

if its a close mathc, hope its natsya's turn to take it this time

angiee3
Jun 4th, 2006, 03:36 AM
nastya keep confident and play every point as if it was the last one... (fight for all of them. )
show justine you can still do great things...:rocker:

selyoink
Jun 4th, 2006, 04:23 AM
Well Nastya has taken advantage of her exceedingly easy draw to this point. Now it gets tougher. I don't know why so many were worried about Ivanovic. I knew Ivanovic would probably hit a ton of errors.

Unfortunately now is when my confidence ceases. I fully expect Nastya to get defeated in a relatively routine straight sets. I hope she proves me wrong though. Pisses me off that she has to play on Sunday. I can't follow the match then. I hope there is a lot of rain or marathon matches :devil:

Plus there is no chance of this match being on TV in the US. Not with Sharapova, Hingis, Venus, Federer, and Blake all playing.

Hope Nastya can shock me.

Lets go Nasty :bounce:

fleur137
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:53 AM
i hope those 2 mens matches take a while so then i can at least follow it before i go to school without having to wake up in the middle of the night. is nastya's match gonna be shown on any livestream thing online??

azmad_88
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Well Nastya has taken advantage of her exceedingly easy draw to this point. Now it gets tougher. I don't know so many were worried about Ivanovic. I knew Ivanovic would probably hit a ton of errors.

Unfortunately now is when my confidence ceases. I fully expect Nastya to get defeated in a relatively routine straight sets. I hope she proves me wrong though. Pisses me off that she has to play on Sunday. I can't follow the match then. I hope there is a lot of rain or marathon matches :devil:

Plus there is no chance of this match being on TV in the US. Not with Sharapova, Hingis, Venus, Federer, and Blake all playing.

i woudnt say defeating Mirza and Ivanovic is an easy draw?

slk45
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Plus, ESPN2 is only providing 3 hours of coverage tomorrow (Sunday) 3pm - 6pm EDT. :mad:

GO NASTYA!!! :bounce: :bounce:

selyoink
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:14 AM
i woudnt say defeating Mirza and Ivanovic is an easy draw?

Mirza on clay is an easy draw. And Ivanovic has not had a very good season. Plus a patient Nastya will almost always beat Ivanovic who will hit a ton of errors. If Ivanovic was on then Nastya would have been in trouble.

I was never fearful of any of Nastya's matches. Now I am very fearful though.

selyoink
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Plus, ESPN2 is only providing 3 hours of coverage tomorrow (Sunday) 3pm - 6pm EDT. :mad:

GO NASTYA!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Yeah I know. This is probably the best day of the tournament with all 8 womens 4th round matches and 4 mens matches. Yet the U.S. is only getting a combined 6 hours of coverage with little or none of it live.

fleur137
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Link for the live stream who will show the myskina ivanovic encouter:
http://www.rts.co.yu/
click on the link TV2 uživo/live it on the top, left corner.
:woohoo:
will this show nastya/juju match as well??

slk45
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:30 AM
whether she really accepts her, i don't know but i think it was more of a diplomatic answer on Nastya's part to avoid being drawn into the trap of talking about shriekarova. The fact that she uses sveta living in spain as an example rather than shriekarova living in usa shows her tact in being able to handle questions like these. it's a really smart answer.I agree that Nastya was avoiding being drawn into a trap of saying or implying something negative about Maria (which the media would love to exploit), which the question was clearly designed to do. But her example using Sveta I think reinforces her point of Yeltsin liking Russian players no matter where they live -- her initial response to the question about Maria -- rather than being an evasive tactic.

Harju.
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:46 AM
:haha: i love this trash talking about other players. :banana:

Almalyk
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Well Nastya has taken advantage of her exceedingly easy draw to this point. Now it gets tougher. I don't know why so many were worried about Ivanovic. I knew Ivanovic would probably hit a ton of errors.

I agree with your post!

I hope for a win (of course!!) but I don't expect one.

Feel free to surprise me Nastya! :) :hearts: :angel:

fleur137
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:00 AM
I agree that Nastya was avoiding being drawn into a trap of saying or implying something negative about Maria (which the media would love to exploit), which the question was clearly designed to do. But her example using Sveta I think reinforces her point of Yeltsin liking Russian players no matter where they live -- her initial response to the question about Maria -- rather than being an evasive tactic.
well that's your opinion and i'm fine with that cos everyone's entitled to their own opinion but i still think she's being more evasive than not. well there's many ways we can read into nastya interview...

fleur137
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:00 AM
I agree with your post!

I hope for a win (of course!!) but I don't expect one.

Feel free to surprise me Nastya! :) :hearts: :angel:
surprise me too nastya!
actually she's kinda surprised me with the win over ivanovic but i didn't see that so i can't really judge

iine:
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:18 AM
will this show nastya/juju match as well??
Nope, I don't think so. It's a Serbian TV-station and they showed the match becoz of Ivanovic. So it's unlikely that they will show the Nastya/juju match. But you can try and see if it's on. :shrug: If not then use this link: www.live.ae/en
But I'm not sure either If they will show the match. :confused:

Almalyk
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Good luck Nastya - i'll be sleeping :)

fleur137
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Nope, I don't think so. It's a Serbian TV-station and they showed the match becoz of Ivanovic. So it's unlikely that they will show the Nastya/juju match. But you can try and see if it's on. :shrug: If not then use this link: www.live.ae/en
But I'm not sure either If they will show the match. :confused:
cool thanks! :)

RR-87
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Good luck against Justine :kiss:

Hope that Boris Yeltscin will be there cause Nastya hasn't lost a match yet when he watches it ;)

_LuCaS_
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Important day today
Justine-Nastya in RG :cool: and my birthday ;) I made my wish and nothing can change it from happening. So no reason to be nervous about today.

PS: my gf asked me, will you have sex with me or rather watch the tennis match? :rolls:
GOOD LUCK NASTYA :hug:

fleur137
Jun 4th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Happy b'day Lucas!!
PS: my gf asked me, will you have sex with me or rather watch the tennis match?
:lol::lol:

denine
Jun 4th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Happy Birthday lucas! :aparty: :D

anyone knows the chances of nastya's match being postponed to monday?? :(

Thauron
Jun 4th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Happy birthday Lucas :aparty:

PS: my gf asked me, will you have sex with me or rather watch the tennis match? :rolls:

Watch the tennis match, of course. What a dumb question! I hope you told her that! :lol:

The postponing depends on both of the men's matches - Ancic and Robredo seem to be taking their time already, though. :mad:

_LuCaS_
Jun 4th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Robredo should win in 4...
Federer will make it fast, Momo too...so I think we'll have our match today...actually I'm counting on it :scared: ;)

thanks everyone :hug:

_LuCaS_
Jun 4th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Watch the tennis match, of course. What a dumb question! I hope you told her that! :lol:

DOH ! :lol:

denine
Jun 4th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Robredo should win in 4...
Federer will make it fast, Momo too...so I think we'll have our match today...actually I'm counting on it :scared: ;)

thanks everyone :hug:
robredo match just went into a fifth :mad: federer better hussle..momo too.:(

cerbero
Jun 4th, 2006, 12:50 PM
RG's scheduling is shite...

fleur137
Jun 4th, 2006, 01:00 PM
RG's scheduling is shite...
ditto
i really hope they don't reschedule the match cos i can only watch it today thanks to limited internet...tomorrow will definitely be out of the question for me...
fed better be quick and momo better steamroll vaidisova

fleur137
Jun 4th, 2006, 01:04 PM
ok robredo's match is over...i would have liked it if he won but any way to get nastya on court quicker is good

frenchie
Jun 4th, 2006, 01:31 PM
I think Nastya's match won't end today....

fleur137
Jun 4th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I think Nastya's match won't end today....
when do they usually stop play? are there night matches at RG?

frenchie
Jun 4th, 2006, 02:05 PM
They stop between 8.30pm and 9pm

fleur137
Jun 4th, 2006, 02:46 PM
They stop between 8.30pm and 9pm
hmmm perhaps if fed finishes this in the next 15 mins and if momo finishes vaidisova off in an hour, we might get to see nastya

sinterklaasje
Jun 4th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Happy birthday Lucas :aparty: :bdaycake:

I'm already nervous for the match :scared:
I really hope the match will be finished today. The first Nastya-match this year for me :woohoo:
Davai Nastya :bounce:

manu32
Jun 4th, 2006, 02:58 PM
ridiculous schedule:they have to program women before men because quarters are tuesday and not an ancic robredo on central???
maybe nastya on lenglen or number one???

fleur137
Jun 4th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Happy birthday Lucas :aparty: :bdaycake:

I'm already nervous for the match :scared:
I really hope the match will be finished today. The first Nastya-match this year for me :woohoo:
Davai Nastya :bounce:
if it's on today, it'll be first nastya match for me since AO 05. so fed and momo, please finish quickly!

frenchie
Jun 4th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Match finished!!!

Nastya, I don't necessarly want you to win but I want a good scoreline and a good showing from you...

fleur137
Jun 4th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Match finished!!!

Nastya, I don't necessarly want you to win but I want a good scoreline and a good showing from you...
me too!
3 hours and a bit before they stop play and there's still 2 more matches...hope momo gets past vaidisova super quickly!

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Myskina back on track with a little help from Yeltsin
By Clive White
(Filed: 04/06/2006)

One big Russian bear hug from Boris Yeltsin at the conclusion of yesterday's opening match on Court One was enough to tell Anastasia Myskina she was back.

Since winning the French Open (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=ERI0MLJB40G4HQFIQMFCFFOAVCBQ YIV0?xml=/sport/2004/06/06/stwome06.xml) two years ago the Russian beauty has been a pale imitation of her old self, a decline that clearly had much to do with the ill health suffered by her mother (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=ERI0MLJB40G4HQFIQMFCFFOAVCBQ YIV0?xml=/sport/2005/05/23/stmark23.xml) later that year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/2006/06/04/stmysk040606.jpgStretching a point: Anastasia Myskina shows her power of retrieval during her win against Ana Ivanovic

But the sight of the former Russian president (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=ERI0MLJB40G4HQFIQMFCFFOAVCBQ YIV0?xml=/sport/2006/06/03/sthodg03.xml) seemed to inspire her to produce some of her best form since then as she summarily dismissed the talented Serb Ana Ivanovic 6-2, 6-3 in just one hour and three minutes to set up a fourth-round meeting with the current champion Justine Henin-Hardenne, of Belgium.

"When he watch before I never lose a match," said the No10 seed. "So I hope he going to stay here... He bring a lot of luck for Russian players."

Since that victory in a lop-sided final against her compatriot Elena Dementieva, Myskina has slipped from championship contender to also-ran and last year earned the unsolicited record of becoming the first defending French Open champion to lose in the opening round.

A quarter-final at Wimbledon has been the most she has been able to manage at a slam since. Both her form and thankfully her mother's health seem to be improving - yesterday her retrieval game never looked better - and she is hopeful her mother will be well enough to travel to England to watch her later this month at Wimbledon.

There have been examples in the past of tennis players being fazed when in the presence of their country's leader, most famously here five years ago when Andre Agassi completely lost the plot following the arrival of US president Bill Clinton midway through his quarter-final against Sebastien Grosjean.

It led to him losing 20 of the next 23 games. But one look at Yeltsin's big ruddy features was enough to lift Myskina after a slightly nervous start. "He congratulate me," she said afterwards. "He said I play really nice and good. Pretty much it. He was really happy."

Apparently, after she won the Kremlin Cup in 2004 she was invited to tea by the former leader. "He always invite us for tea or lunch to celebrate a victory. Not a lot last year because I was losing a lot," she said. Trust a politician to associate himself only with success.

She will need Yeltsin, Putin and Gorbachev in her corner next time, however, if she is to defeat Henin-Hardenne in the Belgian's present mood.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=ERI0MLJB40G4HQFIQMFCFFOAVCBQ YIV0?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/sport/2006/06/04/stmysk04.xml

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:14 PM
another 30 mins or so to go
go Nastya !!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can do it :kiss:

goldenlox
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:24 PM
This match is so big. I hope Anastasia comes thru

Foot's Fingers
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:27 PM
fight Nastya

i want competitive match - will be glad

and want to be happy with your win, Myskina!!!

cool_3amyuan
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:29 PM
hmm.. is there any live stream?

Bubba08
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Even if Nastya pulls the upset, she will be completely overshadowed by the performance of Vaidisova.

goldenlox
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Even if Nastya pulls the upset, she will be completely overshadowed by the performance of Vaidisova.I just want her to win the title.
Other players can have their moments

angiee3
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Important day today
Justine-Nastya in RG :cool: and my birthday ;) I made my wish and nothing can change it from happening. So no reason to be nervous about today.

GOOD LUCK NASTYA :hug:

happy B-day!!!

Foot's Fingers
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:15 PM
the question is: will be Myskina able to hold today?

Foot's Fingers
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:17 PM
HB _LuCaS_ !!!

angiee3
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:18 PM
it's not looking good until now.....
she better get herself together.. and to something..
the commentators said she looks lifeless our there...

Foot's Fingers
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:18 PM
so 1-6

Suddenly i have found optimistic point:

Nastya had lost 1-6 in 4st rnd of RG in 2004 to Sveta as well If i remember correctly

angiee3
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:25 PM
she better win the second set.. if not everything will be over..

ARIANE 5
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:36 PM
She makes nothing, she plays back to front.

angiee3
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:37 PM
this is awful...

cindy
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:38 PM
if the olympic games gave her nightmare this one will be even more horrible
c'mon nastya! do something! please

angiee3
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:47 PM
this one is not going even let her sleep.. finally she won a game in the second set.. 40-15

C'MON NASTYA!!!!!!!

angiee3
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:49 PM
getting better . 2-5

Foot's Fingers
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:57 PM
:tape:

why not so playing fromthe start Nastya

cindy
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:01 PM
she is still trying...I hope she'll try until the night stope the match...please God let her win this one...davai nastya you must believe in it

angiee3
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:03 PM
i she can do it.. just keep playing like that.. please. pretty please!!!!

Foot's Fingers
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:06 PM
belgian boringness won......... it ok Nastya

you were fighting but just at the end

and just 4 winners :tape:

cindy
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:06 PM
this is the end...I don't even know what to say! why does she choose TODAY to play like a sh***t!!!!! I'm so sad...I hope she will not be so sad of this lost (I am!)
double is still here...tomorrow will be a big match...good luck

Harju.
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Awful stats, Nasty :help: :banghead:.I thought she was going to have a revenge for what Ju did to her @ Athen. Gave Ju free points to lead 6-1 5-1 and then start to engange her evil plan. Oh well. It wasn't meant to be.

Bubba08
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:19 PM
At least she saved her honor and showed some fighting spirit at the very end. She played a bad match but it doesn't matter, Henin was too strong today.
Good luck in doubles!

martirogi
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:29 PM
why does she play like shit against top players. one fucking competitive set. that's all i want to see.

manu32
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:37 PM
ok but henin is the best clay's player......and mauresmo was ridiculous against vaidisova.....

Filippo-Nastya
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Nastyaaaaa:smash:aaaaa:smash:aaaaa:smash:aaaa, you can't beat Justine sleeping until 1-6, 0-5!! Anyway, congrats to Justine for the win and to Nastya for her good tourney.

P.S. According to Silvia Farina (one of the commentator of Italian Eurosport):
1) Nastya's first coach is Larisa Neiland and not Gerlach. He was her coach until Miami but since Rome, Larisa has became her new coach while Jens is only a sparring partner.
2) There is a relationship between Nastya and Jurgen Melzer :eek: :confused:.

Must we believe in Silvia or not?

iine:
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I wish she would just have played they way she was coming back from 51 to 54 the whole match. :sad: And 4 winners compared to I dunno 24 UE's is awful. :help:

But it was Henin-Hardenne she lost to.Probably the best clay courter on the tour. So it's not that tragic.

iine:
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:45 PM
There is a relationship between Nastya and Jurgen Melzer :eek: :confused:.

You'Ve got to be kidding me!:eek:

Thauron
Jun 4th, 2006, 08:15 PM
I don't know about you guys but I have watched the match on Belgian tv - so maybe some of you might appreciate some sort of review. Here goes...

From the moment she came on court I found her looking rather lifeless as according to Angie some commentators remarked too. She also seemed unhappy about her practice serves - so omens weren't looking too good, might be the extremely late hour.

Anyway, when the match started Henin was playing very solid right from the start, very few to almost no UEs and several great backhands, Myskina just couldn't enter the match - was overpowered or outclassed and when she had the opportunity to step into the court and hit a winner the ball went into the net (or wide, but most of the time deep into the net).

Mark Dehous (might have been Steven Martens, the Belgian co-commentator in any case) remarked that Justine was playing very solid tactics which really hindered Myskina because she played the balls either really low or rather high, with no rhytm at all (and Myskina wants fast and rhytmic balls at hip height, ŕ la Ivanovic, Clijsters, Williams, Capriati, Dementieva,... according to Dehous). This caused Myskina not to find her rhytm and made her make silly looking UEs. That might be true - that remark make me think back to the Schnyder match at the AO where Schnyder might have used similar tactics.

Anyway, I for a moment thought she was getting into the match when she took her first game at 4-1 and was fighting for the next game - but no such luck. It went to 6-1, 5-0 real fast and I was getting rather annoyed, Myskina a bit too but actually she really kept her calm.

Then, at the brink of defeat, two things happened - Henin somehow seemed to forget about her initial gameplan and started to play 'normally', with well-placed, yet rhytmic strokes - and Myskina managed to cut down on the errors and seemed to be really 'liberated' by Henin's change of plans (or found a way to deal with it) - as the 'brick-wall-Myskina' was suddenly there and Henin really started to get into trouble - funny actually, even on one matchpoint she was looking anxiously at Rodriguez - with a 'what the hell is happening here. Help!' look on her face.

And so it went to 5-4, saving three match points along the way, and unluckily they played the best point of the match at 0-0 which ended with a good smash from Henin, than a good serve (I believe) and a pityful UE from Myskina. Than again a good fight but eventually Henin took the point. GSM.

Pity, really. Henin was extremely relieved after that - she must have been close to despair - if Myskina had taken that last game too anything would have been possible - with this time Henin in a real rollercoaster downwards (like Athens 2004 after the second set 'til 5-1 :fiery: :sad: ) - although the dark would have probably saved her.

I am dissappointed but somehow not extremely - her 'never say die'-attitude is truly one of the most amazing of all currently active players.

The loss is partly because of a bad day, but I think more because of wrong tactics (or probably just better tactics on Henin's part) - she should really study this match together with Gerlach and Neiland - they might learn a lot from it and maybe an efficient way to deal with similar tactics (or just anticipate it) next time she faces Henin (or Schnyder (or Dechy? or Likhovtseva?) or any other trying to set her off in a similar way.)

All in all, I can't really be angry with her - she tried, that's the least you can say, it just wasn't her day and she faced the toughest and tactically most clever opponent she could get (bloody draw :mad: ) - but she kept her cool and fought to the very last point - sometimes in a really amazing way, hopefully today's highlights on the RG site will show some of them.

I hope she isn't too sad and disenchanted about this loss but tries to learn from it for her next chance. I wish her the best of luck in doubles tomorrow - and am really sad Melzer is injured now... :sad:

But she should really to draw major lessons from this loss - With the last weeks form, her ability and tactics to unsettle heavy hitters like she demonstrated yesterday, and a new gameplan against the few not-only-heavy-hitters on tour today, she really might be able to cling her second slam one day. Tell her Thauron said it. ;)

Well, that's more than enough for now.

sinterklaasje
Jun 4th, 2006, 08:24 PM
What a terrible match!

A little report on the match:
part one: 6-1 5-0
She looked so slow out there during the first 12 games (i.e. nearly the whole match :o ). I don't know, she looked like she was sleeping or something. No fire, no spirit, just nothing. ANd you could sense the lack of confidence: she didn't have many opportunities against a very solid and well playing Justine, but when Justine gave her an easy, short shot, she gently put the ball back on the other side of the net. No way you can beat Justine like that. She wasn't aggresive, she didn't go for the winners. And as I already told, she was soo slow. Running down balls is supposed to be one of her strengths but she was always too late on the ball. And if Nastya hit a great shot, Justine had an incredible answer. And Nastya's dropshots were just :o
It was really really bad. It was so bad that one moment I thought she'd better stop the match, shake hands with Justine and leave the court.

part two: the last 5 games
And when I became really desperate, she started playing better. Justine started to miss more shots and Nastya suddenly ran better around the court and reached most shots of Justine. She tried to hit a winner more often (not that it really worked out), went for the lines, and there were some really nice rallies. But winning a set after trailing 5-0 against Justine is nearly impossible so she didn't make it.

After all, it's not so bad. i really thought she would go down 6-1 6-0. She managed to get into the match in the end, but Justine was just too good. She fought really well. Too bad it didn't work out till the last games. As we already knew, Justine is not Ivanovic. Just a pity it was so obvious she's lacking confidence. I was hoping she gained confidence the last couple of matches, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Better luck in doubles.

sinterklaasje
Jun 4th, 2006, 08:24 PM
muhaha, I'm too late :lol:

Thauron
Jun 4th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Not a problem - two perspectives is always better than one.

Your review made me realize I probably was too positive on what you call 'part 1' of the match too.
- She really did look slow at the start of the match and she always played straight at Henin or into her backhand for some weird reason - not trying to give her any angles? It didn't work out in any case.

sinterklaasje
Jun 4th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Thauron, what did you think of the Belgian commentators? I thought they didn't give Nastya enough credit for her accomplishments. Belgian commentators suck. I really have the impression that they don't like Nastya, always bashing her and trash talking :mad:

manu32
Jun 4th, 2006, 08:53 PM
no interwiew after match???

no coůůe,y on belgian commentators.....cyclism is better for these people.....without doping of course.....

slk45
Jun 4th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Nastya!!! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:
My last hope at R-G! :hug: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Thanks for the reports, Thauron & sinterklaasje. The tactical analysis is interesting, and as for being slow and lacking spirit, who knows what was going on in Nastya's mind or what issues may be lurking in the background.

Certainly a better result than last year, and hopefully she'll at least make QFs at Wimbledon & US Open, and she will be convinced to stay on another year or so.

For the rest of this tournament, I guess I'll have to turn to Martina or Kim.

Good luck in the doubles, Nastya!! :hug: :yippee:

cerbero
Jun 4th, 2006, 09:01 PM
She played with very little confidence and that's the last thing you should do when playing Justine...

fleur137
Jun 4th, 2006, 09:08 PM
aww poor nastya! :(
oh well at least she lived up to her seeding

fleur137
Jun 4th, 2006, 09:18 PM
10th loss of the season...and nastya continues her woeful run against top20 players with w/l record at 1-5. the only win was over elena l when she was in top20 at tokyo. and i think of the 5 losses, several were losses against top10...

Thauron
Jun 4th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Thauron, what did you think of the Belgian commentators? I thought they didn't give Nastya enough credit for her accomplishments. Belgian commentators suck. I really have the impression that they don't like Nastya, always bashing her and trash talking :mad:

Judging from your user name, I guess you mean the Flemish commentators?

If so, I don't really agree with you.

I like them most of the time because they do more than just give the score after each point (ever watched RTBF 2?) or start babbling about things completely not related to the match at all (some English ones tend to do that) but give some insights in why tactic so-and-so is being used (Dehous, Martens,...) and what went wrong on this particular shot or what is so difficult about it (Appelmans).

I also don't feel they are disrespectful towards Myskina. Ok, they consider both Clijsters' and Henin's skills to be superior to Myskina's - but in days like these it is hard to disagree with them on that point.
The commentator also susggested today that she was able to win RG because the Belgians nor the Williamses were there (ouch, suffering from short memory there!) and maybe having too big expectations because of that - albeit not in a disrespectful way IMO. Apart from the part of his statement which is blatantly wrong, I feel rather indifferent with regard to these sort of statements. Maybe he regretted saying that during 'part 2' of the match anyway.
It is up to Myskina to prove them wrong on that point, if she feels it to be necessary. And if it was a fluke (but those are words he would never use - now that would I consider disrespectful) - woe to all the suckers who were unable to prevent it! Anyway - as you might have guessed from the above, I like tennis on Flemish TV because of the insightful comments of the co-commentators not because of the journalists.

They might not consider her to be the greatest of champions, but it never feels like bashing or trash talking to me. (But what does? Among friends I am known for my 'elephant hide' - I seem to be unable to feel attacked or interpret something in a negative or insulting way, some sort of brain damage I guess ;) )

I better stop here, at this rate I will have a written an entire book by tomorrow morning. :lol:

denine
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:27 PM
omg. i can't belive i stayed up, had only 1hr plus of sleep, just to watch that match.. it was horrible :mad: henin was too good for her and nastya looked like she was gonna cry on court at 5-0. horrible.. :(

sinterklaasje
Jun 5th, 2006, 12:11 AM
I like them most of the time because they do more than just give the score after each point (ever watched RTBF 2?) or start babbling about things completely not related to the match at all (some English ones tend to do that) but give some insights in why tactic so-and-so is being used (Dehous, Martens,...) and what went wrong on this particular shot or what is so difficult about it (Appelmans).

I agree.

I also don't feel they are disrespectful towards Myskina. Ok, they consider both Clijsters' and Henin's skills to be superior to Myskina's - but in days like these it is hard to disagree with them on that point.
The commentator also susggested today that she was able to win RG because the Belgians nor the Williamses were there (ouch, suffering from short memory there!) and maybe having too big expectations because of that - albeit not in a disrespectful way IMO. Apart from the part of his statement which is blatantly wrong, I feel rather indifferent with regard to these sort of statements. Maybe he regretted saying that during 'part 2' of the match anyway.
It is up to Myskina to prove them wrong on that point, if she feels it to be necessary. And if it was a fluke (but those are words he would never use - now that would I consider disrespectful) - woe to all the suckers who were unable to prevent it! Anyway - as you might have guessed from the above, I like tennis on Flemish TV because of the insightful comments of the co-commentators not because of the journalists.

They might not consider her to be the greatest of champions, but it never feels like bashing or trash talking to me. (But what does? Among friends I am known for my 'elephant hide' - I seem to be unable to feel attacked or interpret something in a negative or insulting way, some sort of brain damage I guess ;) )

I don't feel the same way. It's not just this match. Every time I watch a match of hers on television (which is rare as I don't have any sports channel :sad: ), they start telling she doesn't deserve her win at RG because the top players were absent (which is a lie, only Kim was not in Paris in 2004), and that her ranking was too high for her capabilities and they start laughing and ridiculing her when they tell her goal was to be number 1 in the world (which was an achievable goal, she was number 2 after all and had her chances to get to the number 1 position). Anyway, that's how I feel it, maybe I'm too sensitive ;). But I agree that they were pretty kind today. It just frustrates me that I have to listen to all these statements during the rare matches I get to see.

Almalyk
Jun 5th, 2006, 12:16 AM
omg. i can't belive i stayed up, had only 1hr plus of sleep, just to watch that match.. it was horrible :mad: henin was too good for her and nastya looked like she was gonna cry on court at 5-0. horrible.. :(

I expected a loss, but perhaps not quite that bad. :tears:

selyoink
Jun 5th, 2006, 02:40 AM
What a shock Nastya gets destroyed by a top 10 player. What else is new? :rolleyes:

I didn't think she would win but to lose like that is just terrible.

It is becoming increasingly clear to me that she can no longer get back in the top 10. She is now just a 11-20 player but one that probably can't pull off upsets like the other players ranked in that range.

Foot's Fingers
Jun 5th, 2006, 07:39 AM
good luck in doubles today

azmad_88
Jun 5th, 2006, 07:48 AM
good luck in doubles too natsya

frenchie
Jun 5th, 2006, 08:19 AM
The match was painful to watch...

But if Nastya had leveled to 5/5 maybe they would have stopped and she would have a better chance to win the next day?

Thauron
Jun 5th, 2006, 08:25 AM

But if Nastya had leveled to 5/5 maybe they would have stopped and she would have a better chance to win the next day?

Actually, I don't think so.

For Myskina to win, it would have been better to continue playing at 5-5 - a break would have broken the momentum and would have given Henin time to regroup - which she would have definately needed at that point, IMO.

Best of luck in doubles today, Myskina.

ARIANE 5
Jun 5th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Ok she made a very bad match, but a good tournament, not very good, but good. Her season on clay is also good, better than usually.
I wait to see what she's going to make on grass.

And I want, if it's true, that she stop thinking of her retreat because for me tennis is boring without Nastya :smooch: You imagine RG the next year without Nastya :bigcry:

Come on girl :)

Filippo-Nastya
Jun 5th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Actually, I don't think so.

For Myskina to win, it would have been better to continue playing at 5-5 - a break would have broken the momentum and would have given Henin time to regroup - which she would have definately needed at that point, IMO.

Best of luck in doubles today, Myskina.

I agree with you, in fact when Nastya won 4 games in a row I had mixed feelings between "Come on Nastya, the match is not over yet" and "Oh shit, even though Nastya will win the 2nd set, the 3rd set will be played tomorrow and Henin will have time to regroup".
The schedule of play was totally wrong IMO yesterday. Nastya's match began at 7.50 pm (too late!), in the last games was really really dark. The FO organizers should understand that 2 men's singles matches and 2 women's singles matches in the same day on the same court are too many.

ARIANE 5
Jun 5th, 2006, 09:02 AM
The schedule of play in RG is a disaster. Each year it's the same thing :fiery:

cindy
Jun 5th, 2006, 10:34 AM
she fought well (only in the second set but it's better than nothing) she realy run to tha ball...I'm proud of her! realy! I hope she has the same feelings...but I must confess that what impressed me the most is the moment they shaked their hands...realy respectful! and even a kiss!!! I was impressed realy...btw I agree with filippo it was too late...it must be hard to play when everyone is thinking about eating or sleeping or rest! this RG sucks! good luck in double!

goldenlox
Jun 5th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Losing to Justine is not the end of the world. Lets see what happens on grass

Foot's Fingers
Jun 5th, 2006, 02:28 PM
and we say are last Good Bye to RG

Lena/Nastya lost 4-6 3-6 in doubles

sinterklaasje
Jun 5th, 2006, 02:32 PM
:(
Nastya/Lena :hug:
Does anybody know why Nastya and Jurgen pulled out of mixed and when the match was supposed to be played? Yesterday?

Get ready for the grass season.

cool_3amyuan
Jun 5th, 2006, 02:34 PM
nastya.. bye RG.. :cry:

Thauron
Jun 5th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Since Melzer also cancelled his men's doubles match, most of us guess he somehow got injured during training. The match wasn't supposed to be played yesterday, from what I have heard.

Too bad for doubles - but they had to go up against the top 2 seeds, which is always tough.

Let's hope for a splendid grass season. Hopefully she can build upon last year's solid grass results.

goldenlox
Jun 5th, 2006, 02:48 PM
I was hoping Lucas could see the best of Anastasia on his birthday..
it was still an okay clay season, I think she'll do well on grass

Foot's Fingers
Jun 5th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Since Melzer also cancelled his men's doubles match, most of us guess he somehow got injured during training. The match wasn't supposed to be played yesterday, from what I have heard.

Too bad for doubles - but they had to go up against the top 2 seeds, which is always tough.

Let's hope for a splendid grass season. Hopefully she can build upon last year's solid grass results.

it was Knowle who pulled out from competition after injury received in mixed doubles match with Anna Chakvetadze

Thauron
Jun 5th, 2006, 03:11 PM
it was Knowle who pulled out from competition after injury received in mixed doubles match with Anna Chakvetadze

Aha, than I am wrongly informed. Just based my answer on the info someone posted in the GM thread on Myskina's and Melzer's withdrawal.

So why did they redraw? Were they scheduled to play yesterday - now that would be horrible scheduling.

cindy
Jun 5th, 2006, 03:29 PM
to bad they lost in double....anyway good luck for the grass season I realy hope they will keep on playing together at wimbly!

Task
Jun 5th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Congrats to Anastasia on her RG performance. :) :) :) :)

I was hoping for a better match with Justine, heck I was hoping she would repeat 2004.

But in the end Anastasia made it to the fourth round and thus lived up to her seeding. Since she lost in the first round last year, this will be a nice boost to her ranking.

Spunky83
Jun 5th, 2006, 07:49 PM

They probably would have waited for Nastya to win the set and then stopped play.

Next time Justine plays Nastya, I want the match like in between 1-5 and 4-5. Now that was awesome tennis from both.

goldenlox
Jun 6th, 2006, 02:58 PM
She is starting to play better. Now she has to keep up that level, and keep winning matches.
A final, and a loss to JHH is okay. This is going in the right direction

sinterklaasje
Jun 6th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Next time Justine plays Nastya, I want the match like in between 1-5 and 4-5. Now that was awesome tennis from both.

Yeah, Nastya played well at the end of the second set. Unfortunatly she was afraid of smacking the ball well and going for the lines during the first 12 games. She hit only 4 winners, because she kept hitting in the middle of the court for most part of the match.
But I'm happy that she played 4 matches in Paris (only the second time in her carreer) and I'm happy with her game in the Ivanovic-match and the last part of the Henin-match. No need to be ashamed of losing to Henin on clay, though I wished she started playing tennis right from the beginning of the match.

Spunky83
Jun 6th, 2006, 04:11 PM
She is starting to play better. Now she has to keep up that level, and keep winning matches.
A final, and a loss to JHH is okay. This is going in the right direction

Losing to JHH is never not ok :angel: :lol:

I think she´s going into the right direction. Just hope she finds out how to pull off the real wins again.

cerbero
Jun 6th, 2006, 04:38 PM
She has to want it badly and sometimes it doesn't seem so...

selyoink
Jun 6th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Losing to JHH is never not ok :angel: :lol:

I think she´s going into the right direction. Just hope she finds out how to pull off the real wins again.

She has had a solid year but no top 10 wins still. Been almost a year since she beat a top 10 opponent aside from Lena. Venus in fed cup is the only other top 10 win since 2004 YEC. :tape:

Thauron
Jun 6th, 2006, 07:52 PM
She has to want it badly and sometimes it doesn't seem so...

I don't think it is lack of desire - on the contrary, I think she wants to crack the top 10 again and score some quality wins now more than ever.

I think her sometimes too emotional self still is her worst enemy - lapses of concentration when getting frustrated or unbalanced by something (although barely a sign of that in the match against JHH), difficulties getting into a match and banishing everything not directly related to the point played here and now,... are what troubles her the most sometimes, IMO.
But when she gets on a roll, feeling confident again when facing any player, these things should improve significantly - as they improved already drastically these last few weeks.

I look at it this way: against JHH she was getting frustrated, since everything seemed to be against her, yet she kept trying and eventually did find her rhytm, albeit unluckily a few games too late. Against Schnyder at the AO, she got frustrated too, lost control of herself and started shouting and swearing, and went down 6-1 in the second set without much of a real fight. And JHH is a far superior player to Schnyder.

miffedmax
Jun 6th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Hey, Nastya made it across one more hurdle than Lena D.

I'm a little disappointed because I do expect to have ONE of them around to root for, even if it's only in doubles, for Week 2 of a GS.

On to Wimbledon. And remember, while Lena D. and Nastya may not be the best, they are by far the coolest on the tour.

selyoink
Jun 7th, 2006, 02:50 AM
Hey, Nastya made it across one more hurdle than Lena D.

I'm a little disappointed because I do expect to have ONE of them around to root for, even if it's only in doubles, for Week 2 of a GS.

On to Wimbledon. And remember, while Lena D. and Nastya may not be the best, they are by far the coolest on the tour.

Well I'm not sure how cool Lena is since she constantly hangs out with her mom but yeah Nastya is the coolest. :p

denine
Jun 7th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Well I'm not sure how cool Lena is since she constantly hangs out with her mom but yeah Nastya is the coolest. :p
:lol: :tape:

iine:
Jun 7th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Nice avvie you have there denine!:lol:

miffedmax
Jun 7th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Okay, but "cool" I mean most deserving of support.

Love the avie, too!

Dementinator
Jun 7th, 2006, 08:25 PM

Oi you! I have you know Lenas super cool!! shes a Goddess remember!! :lol: well bad luck Nastya.. never mind.

meyerpl
Jun 7th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Okay, but "cool" I mean most deserving of support.

Love the avie, too!
I saw a picture of Lena wearing sunglasses indoors. That's cool. :cool:

manu32
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:00 PM
confirmation:nastya got an awful draw at RG.....henin is "untouchable" and kim was not better than nastya......so unlucky.......

Almalyk
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:36 PM
confirmation:nastya got an awful draw at RG.....henin is "untouchable" and kim was not better than nastya......so unlucky.......

Indeed - Kim only managed 5 games too.

I'll have to cheer Svetlana in the final, but I just don't see her winning. :(

Almalyk
Jun 8th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Nastya's offical site has posted video's from all 4 of her matches at French Open 2006.

You can see them all at http://www.anastasiya-myskina.ru

selyoink
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:32 AM
Nastya's offical site has posted video's from all 4 of her matches at French Open 2006.

You can see them all at http://www.anastasiya-myskina.ru

Thanks for the heads up. Something tells me I'm really going to enjoy the Henin-Hardenne match. I should probably just skip that match entirely.

cindy
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:10 AM
selyoink...the end of the match is great (something like 10min!) you can watch it...I mean the end but skip the first hour!

Thauron
Jun 10th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Well, to conclude this year's RG - being defeated by the eventual champion shouldn't dampen her spirit too much - actually, she was the only one who was able to take 4 consecutive games from Henin and give her a serious scare and that in probably the best match Henin played this RG (according to Flemish commentators too) - but I want a better draw next time! :fiery:

Filippo-Nastya
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:07 AM
http://eastbourne.lta.org.uk/News/060525Myskina.htm

goldenlox
Jun 11th, 2006, 05:12 PM
I think she's playing better now. She made the Wimbledon QF last year, and she's made the finals of Eastbourne before.
So this will be interesting

slk45
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:39 AM
omg. i can't belive i stayed up, had only 1hr plus of sleep, just to watch that match.. it was horrible :mad: Part of the joy of being a fan. ;)

selyoink
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Well now comes the part of the season where Nastya actually has points to defend. A scary proposition. Those QF points at Wimbledon being the most important of course.

goldenlox
Jun 12th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Anastasia not only won the FO and 2 KC's, she won Leipzig in 2003, she made the finals of San Diego in 2004, just missed the finals in Montreal.

She's a good player, she has to return to that level.

meyerpl
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Anastasia not only won the FO and 2 KC's, she won Leipzig in 2003, she made the finals of San Diego in 2004, just missed the finals in Montreal.

She's a good player, she has to return to that level.
It's difficult for me to say because I haven't had much opportunity to see Nastya play on T.V. in recent months, but based upon what I read about her play at the FO, it seems she's definitely headed in the right direction. I hope this isn't just wishful thinking.

goldenlox
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:41 PM
We will find out soon because her grass results have been good

Almalyk
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:20 PM
We will find out soon because her grass results have been good

In a largely miserable 2005, grass was one of the highlights. I'm hoping for a repeat. :hearts:

miffedmax
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Let's hope her performance is better than the atrocity on grass I suffered through earlier today.

The US marks about as well as Lena and Nasty serve.

martirogi
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:19 AM
im going to wimbly this year! so hopefully i'll get to see nastya's second and third round matches. and perhaps some of her trademark, magnificent doubles work.

selyoink
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Or perhaps you'll get to sit through rain delay after rain delay.

I hope you have fun and that it doesn't rain too much. Though that is probably extremely unlikely.

Almalyk
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:35 PM
im going to wimbly this year! so hopefully i'll get to see nastya's second and third round matches. and perhaps some of her trademark, magnificent doubles work.

Hi Martirogi! :wavey: :hearts: Wow your going to Wimby! That's so awesome! Everyone seems to have been to matched featuring Nastya, except me! I'm going to have to go to one pretty soon, or else she might retire on me! :tape:

Spunky83
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Cool! Martirogi´s going to Wimby! Have fun and hopefully you´ll see Nastya winning!

Speaking of winning...LET´S GO GERMANY :lol: wuhhhuuuuuuu!!! It´s sooo awesome to be in the middle of the world´s biggest sporting event. So many different people, really really great time.

miffedmax
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Cool! Martirogi´s going to Wimby! Have fun and hopefully you´ll see Nastya winning!

Speaking of winning...LET´S GO GERMANY :lol: wuhhhuuuuuuu!!! It´s sooo awesome to be in the middle of the world´s biggest sporting event. So many different people, really really great time.

Maybe for YOU.

I am STILL pissed by my country's embarassing performance.

But I'm at home. Nothing like being at a World Cup (I went in '86 and '94 and worked at WC '94).

When did Germany start to play such attractive soccer?

Quite amazing.

meyerpl
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Good for you! I hope you give us a report. :wavey:
Have a great time.

Spunky83
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Maybe for YOU.

I am STILL pissed by my country's embarassing performance.

But I'm at home. Nothing like being at a World Cup (I went in '86 and '94 and worked at WC '94).

When did Germany start to play such attractive soccer?

Quite amazing.

Oh yeah...I´ve watched the US match at work, that was seriously awful.

Personally I like to watch Spain and England´s matches but Germany´s one against Poland was indeed really interesting.

Filippo-Nastya
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Lucky you, Martirogi!!! Hopefully you'll bring Nastya good luck like in Miami.

P.S. I like your "new" flag :yeah:

Almalyk
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:11 PM

Personally I like to watch Spain and England´s matches but Germany´s one against Poland was indeed really interesting.

New Zealand is so bad at soccer, everyone expects me to be supporting Australia since we can't field a decent team! NO WAY! :tape:

I'm supporting Germany and Czech Republic:bounce: . I have a keen eye on David Beckham too ;)

sinterklaasje
Jun 14th, 2006, 11:34 PM
New Zealand is so bad at soccer, everyone expects me to be supporting Australia since we can't field a decent team! NO WAY! :tape:

Worse than Belgium? The Belgian team only wins matches against countries like San marino. :lol:
I'm not really supporting a team, because I don't have much time to watch soccer right now (exams :mad: ), but I wouldn't mind to see Portugal of the Czech republic becoming world champion. Or Trinidad and Tobago :cool: :lol:

Almalyk
Jun 15th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Worse than Belgium? The Belgian team only wins matches against countries like San marino. :lol:
I'm not really supporting a team, because I don't have much time to watch soccer right now (exams :mad: ), but I wouldn't mind to see Portugal of the Czech republic becoming world champion. Or Trinidad and Tobago :cool: :lol:

OK it's good to have a fellow Nastya fan sharing the sentiment of our nation sucking at soccer! New Zealand was apparently beaten by some Pacific Island country recently.. It's population would have been a lot smalelr than ours! :tape:

selyoink
Jun 15th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Hi Martirogi! :wavey: :hearts: Wow your going to Wimby! That's so awesome! Everyone seems to have been to matched featuring Nastya, except me! I'm going to have to go to one pretty soon, or else she might retire on me! :tape:

Don't worry I'll never see her play either. Unless I decide to go the US Open for one day but that isn't likely to happen.

Almalyk
Jun 15th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Don't worry I'll never see her play either. Unless I decide to go the US Open for one day but that isn't likely to happen.

You should - NYC isn't too far from Maryland in the grand scheme of things! If she doesn't come to Auckland next year, i'll consider going to Melbourne to watch her play. :hearts:

slk45
Jun 15th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Don't worry I'll never see her play either. Unless I decide to go the US Open for one day but that isn't likely to happen.Selyoink, are you in or near NYC? If nothing else, you should go down (up, or over) for the qualies, because there's no admission charge during qualies. You would probably see Nastya on the practice courts, unless she's winning in New Haven. It's a very fan-friendly venue (except for Arthur Ashe Stadium, which is ridiculous; almost an insult to Arthur Ashe). The players seem very relaxed during qualie week.

denine
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:18 AM
I won't get to see her play either.:( unless nastya suddenly decides to come to Singapore for some reason which is most unlikely.:lol: or if i go to the aussie open one day but by then she'd have retired. oh well..

selyoink
Jun 15th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Selyoink, are you in or near NYC? If nothing else, you should go down (up, or over) for the qualies, because there's no admission charge during qualies. You would probably see Nastya on the practice courts, unless she's winning in New Haven. It's a very fan-friendly venue (except for Arthur Ashe Stadium, which is ridiculous; almost an insult to Arthur Ashe). The players seem very relaxed during qualie week.

I live in Maryland. The US Open usually coincides with the beginning of the fall semester so that is one reason I don't go. Plus I really don't feel like making the drive up there even though it isn't that far. I hate making long trips.

_LuCaS_
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:02 PM
I know it's amazing how Germany can waste so many scoring oportunities :eek: ;)
Let's go Ghana :dance:

martirogi
Jun 15th, 2006, 04:03 PM
I live in Maryland. The US Open usually coincides with the beginning of the fall semester so that is one reason I don't go. Plus I really don't feel like making the drive up there even though it isn't that far. I hate making long trips.

she's playing in cincy this year. and thats in the middle of summer. ;)

slk45
Jun 15th, 2006, 04:12 PM
I live in Maryland. The US Open usually coincides with the beginning of the fall semester so that is one reason I don't go. Plus I really don't feel like making the drive up there even though it isn't that far. I hate making long trips.That's why God invented trains. :) It's a 2-1/2 hour ride on Amtrak from Baltimore to NYC Penn Station. From there, I think the #7, among others, goes out to the Tennis Center, don't know how long that takes. (Not to mention flights to LaGuardia. About a 15 minute taxi ride to Queens -- I think it's 6 miles.) There's a Best Western in Queens, right on the edge of Corona Park, and it's about a 15 minute walk from there thru the park to the Tennis Center. :cool:

Qualies this year are Aug 22-25. Arthur Ashe Kid's Day is 8/26.

selyoink
Jun 15th, 2006, 04:17 PM
she's playing in cincy this year. and thats in the middle of summer. ;)

Yes but that is way too far away. I'd have to take a plane to Cincinnati. And that is way more than I'd ever want to spend to see Nastya play :tape:

selyoink
Jun 15th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Let's go Ghana :dance:

Let's go Ghana is right. :bounce:

slk45
Jun 15th, 2006, 04:30 PM
she's playing in cincy this year. and thats in the middle of summer. ;) That's true, too. Another opportunity 7/15 - 7/23. Tho it's much farther from Maryland. :p

Spunky83
Jun 15th, 2006, 05:57 PM

I know :eek: :lol:

Mini-super Lahm will win the cup for us :cool:

Filippo-Nastya
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:52 PM
I know :eek: :lol:

Mini-super Lahm will win the cup for us :cool:

You seem very optimistic Spunky ;) and all the German fans too. They sing in every match the famous chorus "Berlin, Berlin, wir fahren nach Berlin" (where will be played the final) and then yesterday I have seen a lot of flags in the stadium with the writing "wir werden weltmeister". There's a great atmosphere around the German team. :)

angiee3
Jun 16th, 2006, 02:14 AM

ohhh. that match.. Germany vs. Poland.. it's my favorite of the matches i've watched so far... i was hoping poland would win... but Germany had to end up scoring a goal at the end... now i'm hoping that Germany or Czech Republic will win the cup...

angiee3
Jun 16th, 2006, 02:36 AM

Maryland cool.. what part? I'm living in Pennsylvania. and i'm planning on going to the open.. but i need someone to drive me up to New York....

selyoink
Jun 16th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Maryland cool.. what part? I'm living in Pennsylvania. and i'm planning on going to the open.. but i need someone to drive me up to New York....

I live right outside of D.C.

_LuCaS_
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:43 AM
There's a great atmosphere around the German team. :)
Let's call it pressure ;)
Let's see them against Ecuador. Remeber Ecuador have yet to receive a goal in the WC. And they beat Argentina and Brazil in the qualifing phase ;)

cindy
Jun 16th, 2006, 10:13 AM
sorry to tell you all that it's italia who will win!!! we are the best!!!! FORZA CANNAVARO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

denine
Jun 16th, 2006, 10:16 AM
No way!!!!! Spain's gonna win this! :hearts: :D :drool:

Spunky83
Jun 16th, 2006, 10:33 AM
You seem very optimistic Spunky ;) and all the German fans too. They sing in every match the famous chorus "Berlin, Berlin, wir fahren nach Berlin" (where will be played the final) and then yesterday I have seen a lot of flags in the stadium with the writing "wir werden weltmeister". There's a great atmosphere around the German team. :)

Well, the people here are really optimistic for a change. Normally Germans love to make fun of fellow German people/invention/whatever but it seems like the World Cup finally gives the country some chill time which was really necessary.

selyoink
Jun 16th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Let's call it pressure ;)
Let's see them against Ecuador. Remeber Ecuador have yet to receive a goal in the WC. And they beat Argentina and Brazil in the qualifing phase ;)

Yes and at the same time lets see Ecuador against Germany. They have yet to play a team of their class so far.

angiee3
Jun 16th, 2006, 04:52 PM
did you guys watch Argentina vs. Serbia and Montenegro 6 goals to nothing....
i didn't see the whole thing but for me it was kind of boring.. serbia and montenegro was playing awful...

selyoink
Jun 16th, 2006, 05:10 PM
did you guys watch Argentina vs. Serbia and Montenegro 6 goals to nothing....
i didn't see the whole thing but for me it was kind of boring.. serbia and montenegro was playing awful...

Yeah I quit watching at 2-0. I knew Serbia & Montenegro had no chance of scoring two goals. The 2nd Argentina goal was :worship:

miffedmax
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Forget winning. I just won the US to recover a few scraps of national honor.

selyoink
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Forget winning. I just won the US to recover a few scraps of national honor.

Not likely to happen against Italy. I expect another bloodbath in that match. And if that happens then I hope Ghana beats us as well. It would mean a lot for Ghana to win a world cup match.

angiee3
Jun 17th, 2006, 04:22 AM
well good luck to the US.. but i think it's going to be hard for them to win....

fleur137
Jun 17th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Aus vs Brazil - comments?
personally, heart says Aus but really mind says brazil. but either way all i hope to see is good play, especially after how brazil wasn't very convincing against croatia.

_LuCaS_
Jun 17th, 2006, 12:54 PM
sorry to tell you all that it's italia who will win!!! we are the best!!!! FORZA CANNAVARO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's the French spirit :bigclap:

_LuCaS_
Jun 17th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Yes and at the same time lets see Ecuador against Germany. They have yet to play a team of their class so far.
Should be a close match, a very likely draw. But I'd give the edge to Ecuador. They're too solid for Germany. Heck, if the Rich Coast Boys scored 2 ;)

_LuCaS_
Jun 17th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Aus vs Brazil - comments?
personally, heart says Aus but really mind says brazil. but either way all i hope to see is good play, especially after how brazil wasn't very convincing against croatia.
You can hope ;)
It will be hard anyway, Brazil are still favourites. At least make 'em sweat for it ;)

angiee3
Jun 17th, 2006, 06:21 PM
i can't believe the czech republic lost.... i couldn't even watch the end of the game...

iine:
Jun 17th, 2006, 06:23 PM
i can't believe the czech republic lost.... i couldn't even watch the end of the game...
U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E!

cindy
Jun 17th, 2006, 06:31 PM
ah ah!!! and now italia will win!!! this is great!!!!! ah ah ah!! forzaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! (ok ok...this is not sure but let me dream...)

Filippo-Nastya
Jun 17th, 2006, 06:50 PM
This is Nastya's 1/4 in the Eastbourne-draw:

(1) Mauresmo - BYE
Dechy vs. Peer
Craybas vs. Arvidsson
Qualifier vs. (5) Myskina

Very very tough!! Goooo Nastya!!

iine:
Jun 17th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Tough, indeed. :eek:

cindy
Jun 17th, 2006, 06:53 PM
mauresmo...that's the one I didn't wanted to see in her part of the draw...well...good luck nastya (she'll need it!)

angiee3
Jun 17th, 2006, 07:52 PM
yeah.. she'll need all the luck possible to be on her side....

_LuCaS_
Jun 17th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Crap draw :( do your best Nastya

:banana: Ghana :banana:

french_girl
Jun 17th, 2006, 11:01 PM
ah ah!!! and now italia will win!!! this is great!!!!! ah ah ah!! forzaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! (ok ok...this is not sure but let me dream...)
hum...was also hoping for a win from italy against US but it made 1all... :(

tough draw for nastya, anyway!! :mad: the 1st and 2nd round are ok i think but mauresmo in quaters :sad: just do your best nastya, lose or win, we(at least i) will always support you :p

frenchie
Jun 17th, 2006, 11:32 PM
the first 2 rounds should be no prob. But there is Mauresmo...

selyoink
Jun 18th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Well Nastya's stay in Eastbourne will be short. She is no match for Mauresmo as we all know.

Hell yeah Ghana! I hope Ghana advances which means they must beat my country the US. What a good patriot I am. :lol:

Almalyk
Jun 18th, 2006, 05:50 AM
Well Nastya's stay in Eastbourne will be short. She is no match for Mauresmo as we all know.

Hell yeah Ghana! I hope Ghana advances which means they must beat my country the US. What a good patriot I am. :lol:

Damn! Crap draw, but I prefer a crap draw now than for Wimby. :wavey:

denine
Jun 18th, 2006, 06:17 AM
Damn! Crap draw, but I prefer a crap draw now than for Wimby. :wavey:
How'd you know the draw for wimby won't be crap too? ;)

fleur137
Jun 18th, 2006, 06:45 AM
This is Nastya's 1/4 in the Eastbourne-draw:

(1) Mauresmo - BYE
Dechy vs. Peer
Craybas vs. Arvidsson
Qualifier vs. (5) Myskina

Very very tough!! Goooo Nastya!!
OH HOLY CRAP!! i seriously do not want to be recording any clash with mauresmo in the 2006 tourneys thread......................................... :fiery: damn draw! :mad:

How'd you know the draw for wimby won't be crap too?
please please please don't jinx it! :tape:

meyerpl
Jun 18th, 2006, 07:35 AM

If Nastya runs into Mauresmo, she'll beat her in straight sets. Mark my words!

Thauron
Jun 18th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Mauresmo will be very difficult - but some day she must do something about that horrible head-to-head - why not next week?

I think the first two matches will be more important though, it is there that she will have to find her rhytm on grass - and that will be the most important IMO, with Wimbledon around the corner.

ARIANE 5
Jun 18th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Eastbourne doubles : Nastya/Lena vs Mauresmo/Kuznetsova :eek:

Spunky83
Jun 18th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Should be a close match, a very likely draw. But I'd give the edge to Ecuador. They're too solid for Germany. Heck, if the Rich Coast Boys scored 2 ;)

And I have to work on Tuesday when the Germany vs Ecuador match starts :( If I go straight home after our news broadcast (starting the same time), I´d miss the whole first half...think I will just stick to one of the thousand tv screens in the company

Nastya´s draw is really crappy but well...other quarter options would have been Justine, Svetlana or Kim so it was a chance of 25 % Nastya wouldn´t meet one of the killer 3 opponents.

manu32
Jun 18th, 2006, 04:12 PM
peer is not a gift for mauresmo...

goldenlox
Jun 18th, 2006, 05:48 PM
This draw is okay. Mauresmo never does well here.

Spunky83
Jun 18th, 2006, 06:53 PM
peer is not a gift for mauresmo...

And I am a gift for the world :worship:

:confused: :lol:

_LuCaS_
Jun 18th, 2006, 09:05 PM
And I am a gift for the world :worship:

:bowdown: Spunky saves :bowdown:

_LuCaS_
Jun 18th, 2006, 09:07 PM
This draw is okay. Mauresmo never does well here.
Yeah, it's nice to know, but let's see if Arvidsson does :lol:

selyoink
Jun 18th, 2006, 10:10 PM
If Nastya runs into Mauresmo, she'll beat her in straight sets. Mark my words!

Your words are marked.

Hopefully Mauresmo loses before then. Otherwise Nastya is toast.

Almalyk
Jun 18th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Nastya was announced as 'Godmother' for Larissa Neiland's baby. It was born several months ago. You can see a photo from the ceremony, and read the article (in Russian) here: http://www.kp.ru/daily/23724/54184/

Nastya better keep her mouth under control on court if she's going to set a good example! ;)