PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

denine
May 2nd, 2006, 04:14 PM
at least she redeemed herself in doubles... :p

iine:
May 2nd, 2006, 05:01 PM
Well, a win in doubles at least. :o

miffedmax
May 2nd, 2006, 05:11 PM
Hopefully the dubs will help her confidence.

I hereby decree that for the rest of 2006, Nastya can only lose to Elena D. And Elena can only lose to Nastya.

In finals.

martirogi
May 2nd, 2006, 05:33 PM
Oh, Nasty! Well, maybe this will fire her up.

losing to sharapova was supposed to do that. :armed:

Spunky83
May 2nd, 2006, 05:34 PM
Oh holy...

selyoink
May 2nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
Well my fear comes true and I can't say I'm the least surprised. There are no excuses for her to lose this match. None. Maybe this will debunk that nasty rumor of Nastya being a good clay court player.

I thought her loss to Schruff last year was as bad as things could get but this match easily trumps that one. Top 10 won't be calling anytime soon if ever again.

I can't see her redeeming herself on clay so I guess I'll just look forward to the grass season.

Filippo-Nastya
May 2nd, 2006, 07:00 PM
:speakles:

rrfnpump
May 2nd, 2006, 07:10 PM
a :hug: to all Nastya fans

in the new tennis mag here in Germany there are rumors she and Nicolas Kiefer are dating.
maybe her mind is not on court today :)

miffedmax
May 2nd, 2006, 07:38 PM
On the bright side, Nastya can win the doubles and Lena can win the singles.

I, at least, would consider that a good tournament.

_LuCaS_
May 2nd, 2006, 08:04 PM
Clay = :help: Maybe she should skip this part of the season, it's just :o

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 09:52 PM
Well i'm not surprised she lost after leaving the match at 1-4 down in the third set...

With a result like that, you have to question her preparation...

Anyway, I hope playing doubles with Lena L will help her confidence, and help her to get a feel for clay again... I wonder if she will take a WC in Berlin?

Spunky83
May 2nd, 2006, 11:44 PM

in the new tennis mag here in Germany there are rumors she and Nicolas Kiefer are dating.

:lol: yeah...and I also love the great "couple" on the very same page :lol:

Spunky83
May 2nd, 2006, 11:54 PM
I donīt want to say it out loud again but MAYBE it is time for a new COACH!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol:

Yes, I know we had that conversation many many times before but no matter how well her opponent played, there is just no way that she can lose to a girl ranked 309th. Most often a new coach doesnīt get you anywhere (Mr. Roddicks, Iīll kick your ass!), however itīs one thing to begin with.

I really really didnīt expect her not to make it back to the top ten till the clay season ends. I mean itīs basically impossible to have a worse season than 2005.

I promise: If she wins the French Open, I will take it all back and I will never ever criticize her again :tape: (yeah, right ;) )

No Name Face
May 3rd, 2006, 12:19 AM
Nastya :sad:
I guess the FO was sort of a fluke as she hasn't been close to replicating that form in the past two years (on red clay, at least).

sinterklaasje
May 3rd, 2006, 12:34 AM
She didn't seem to be very disappointed, saying it's not that bad. This makes me feel she lost ambition. I'm not saying she's not fighting, cause I think she is, but the confidence is totally gone. She just gives up, she doesn't believe she can win. What a resigned attitude :sad: . And unfortunately, matches like this won't do any good :tape:
I hope she can find her rhythm on clay in her doubles matches.

selyoink
May 3rd, 2006, 12:35 AM
I donīt want to say it out loud again but MAYBE it is time for a new COACH!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol:

Yes, I know we had that conversation many many times before but no matter how well her opponent played, there is just no way that she can lose to a girl ranked 309th. Most often a new coach doesnīt get you anywhere (Mr. Roddicks, Iīll kick your ass!), however itīs one thing to begin with.

I really really didnīt expect her not to make it back to the top ten till the clay season ends. I mean itīs basically impossible to have a worse season than 2005.

I promise: If she wins the French Open, I will take it all back and I will never ever criticize her again :tape: (yeah, right ;) )

Something has to be changed. There is no way a top 20 player should ever lose to someone outside the top 100 much less the top 300.

I wonder how Nastya feels about the lose? She better be pissed off.

Almalyk
May 3rd, 2006, 01:17 AM
Something has to be changed. There is no way a top 20 player should ever lose to someone outside the top 100 much less the top 300.

I wonder how Nastya feels about the lose? She better be pissed off.

That's the thing, she doesn't seem too upset. She makes many of her losses look like she still played well, and the opponent was simply outstanding. I doubt that's the case too.

It's even stated on wtatour.com - that Nastya has said she thinks if Radwanska plays like this against Clijsters etc, she thinks she can win the whole tournament. I doubt it. I doubt Clijsters would give her more than 4 games.

Daniel
May 3rd, 2006, 01:49 AM
Nastya :bigcry:

ys
May 3rd, 2006, 03:40 AM

Just few weeks ago she had been seen watching an ice hockey game of Russian playoffs where her boyfriend Stepanov is playing..

ys
May 3rd, 2006, 03:41 AM
Clay = :help: Maybe she should skip this part of the season, it's just :o

Yep. Pity she didn't do that two years ago.. :lol:

frenchie
May 3rd, 2006, 10:24 AM
OMG what a bad day!

Bubba08
May 3rd, 2006, 11:04 AM
It is not a big news, but Anastasia is one of the players announced on the early entries of the Pilot Pen Tennis in New Haven.
http://www.pilotpentennis.com/cgi-bin/public2006/groupsview.pl?rowid=4

Foot's Fingers
May 3rd, 2006, 01:56 PM
Aga Radwanska has beat Klara Koukalova 61 62 in 46 min

At least Nastya lost to future tennis prodigy

frenchie
May 3rd, 2006, 01:59 PM
It is not a big news, but Anastasia is one of the players announced on the early entries of the Pilot Pen Tennis in New Haven.
http://www.pilotpentennis.com/cgi-bin/public2006/groupsview.pl?rowid=4

Playing the week before a GS, What a good idea.... :rolleyes:
BTW she's really changing her schedule this year :eek: . I have more and more hopes she'll come to Luxembourg this autumn :bounce: :bounce:

ARIANE 5
May 3rd, 2006, 02:06 PM
She is a very good player. I understand better why Nastya lost yesterday :awww:
I'll look at her match against Dementieva with much of interets.

goldenlox
May 3rd, 2006, 03:57 PM
Nastya perhaps watched too much hockey lately.. :)

This loss does not matter, really. The form of today will have no bearing on how she plays in one month time..Nastya has been around for years now. It's possible she's lost some of the fire and determination she used to have.

But we all know she is better than her results since she left Perth in Jan. 2005.
That's about 17 months without the old fire.

frenchie
May 3rd, 2006, 04:01 PM
Nastya has been around for years now. It's possible she's lost some of the fire and determination she used to have.

But we all know she is better than her results since she left Perth in Jan. 2005.
That's about 17 months without the old fire.

There were flashes of brilliance during these 17 months :sad:

goldenlox
May 3rd, 2006, 04:07 PM
Yeah, there were some decent moments. But we are discussing an FO winner, who won 2 KC's and was #2 in the world.
The ITF player of the year in 2004.
Anastasia can play as well as anyone. She's not showing it.

It takes a lot of effort and desire, and as you get older, it's harder to keep the flame lit.

Spunky83
May 3rd, 2006, 06:00 PM
That's the thing, she doesn't seem too upset. She makes many of her losses look like she still played well, and the opponent was simply outstanding. I doubt that's the case too.

It's even stated on wtatour.com - that Nastya has said she thinks if Radwanska plays like this against Clijsters etc, she thinks she can win the whole tournament. I doubt it. I doubt Clijsters would give her more than 4 games.

Like I had written this ;)

I couldnīt believe she said she lost because it was her first clay match of the year...so what? That match was the polish girlīs first WTA tour match EVER if my researches were right. To hear this kind of excuse from a former Grand Slam (and even French Open) winner is totally inacceptable especially since she wasnīt coming off from a two-years-injury.

If she had any confidence left, she would knew that there are exactly 11 players right now who are better than her and not more than 300.

Oh and next time she complains about the pressure and the high expectations she feels both from the fans and the media...the reason why we and the journalists do this is because everyone knows that she has the game and itīs torturing to see her failing like this despite that talent. Itīs a certain kind of appreciation she totally misjudges. All the articles and ex-players criticsī on Andy Roddick or Serena Williams, thatīs really HARSH pressure...Nastyaīs ones are pretty lame and nice compared to those.

The day the mediaīs attention and fansī pressure come to an end would be a very sad one.

She was also stating yesterday that her opponentsī shots all were in and hers just went out - as in īups...how could that happen?ī. Listening to her commentating her game is sometimes like listening to a gambler with bad luck. This is not a game of pure chance though. In my opinion she thinks too much about her opponent and doesnīt see or doesnīt want to realize that there are actually two people on the court who decide about the outcome.

selyoink
May 3rd, 2006, 06:25 PM
Well said Spunky.

Thauron
May 3rd, 2006, 08:38 PM
She was also stating yesterday that her opponentsī shots all were in and hers just went out - as in īups...how could that happen?ī. Listening to her commentating her game is sometimes like listening to a gambler with bad luck. This is not a game of pure chance though. In my opinion she thinks too much about her opponent and doesnīt see or doesnīt want to realize that there are actually two people on the court who decide about the outcome.

'Kein Sieger glaubt an den Zufall' ('No winner believes in chance') is something Nietzsche once wrote. Been reading him for a good part of this day and your post reminded me a lot of that. And although Nietzsche was definately not thinking about tennis when he wrote that, there is some truth in it.
On the other hand, I am sure she knows it rarely comes down to chance in tennis. It's also better to say something like that, crediting her opponent, instead of something arrogant and disheartening like 'today I did beat myself' or 'she has no weapons to beat me'. I am sure that, if she said something like that, at least one hateful thread in GM would have emerged, and rightfully so.
I am almost certain she is harscher on her performance in private than she is in this interview. By the way, wasn't there some silly 'what if every player... article' listing every players most striking positive trait, saying 'what if every player was as self-critical as Myskina'?
She will draw some lessons from this loss, and hopefully she will arrive better prepared and more motivated at the next tournament (and especially RG) - For this week I hope she has some fun on the court together with one of her best friends and hopefully get as far as possible and despite everything leave the tournament with high spirit.

I have obviously been reading too much of Nietzsche today, that I feel the need to cite one of his aforisms on a women's :eek: tennis discussion forum. :lol: But here's one more to unlearn it:
'Schlimm! Schlimm! Wie? geht er nicht - zurück? - Ja! Aber ihr versteht ihn schlecht, wenn ihr darüber klagt. Er geht zurück, wie Jeder, der einen grossen Sprung thun will.--' ('Horrible! Horrible! Why? - Doesn't he go - backwards? - Yes! But you don't understand when you complain. He goes back, like those, who want to make a big leap forward.')

Here's hoping. (But it better be one hell of a leap forward after 17 months of going back or remaining static.)

A bit irrational probably and a misplaced quote at that, but I had to come up with something. It won't hurt if at least some of the posters around here stay positive, someone needs to be a counterweight to Selyoink after all, isn't it? ;)

miffedmax
May 3rd, 2006, 09:17 PM
I have to say this about both my beloved Russians.

Making judgements or predictions about Nasty (or Lena) based on ONE match is just plain silly.

Nasty is funny.
Nasty is sweet.
Nasty is cute.
Nasty is fast.
Nasty is cunning.

But she is not, nor has she ever, been consistent. If she had won 6-0, 6-0 she could just as easily lose 6-0, 6-0 tomorrow.

The one time she approached any kind of consistency was 2004, not too long after working with Robert Lansdorpe. I think a weekend in California would do our beloved Countess more good than a gallon of O positive.

Almalyk
May 3rd, 2006, 10:02 PM
I have to say this about both my beloved Russians.

Making judgements or predictions about Nasty (or Lena) based on ONE match is just plain silly.

Nasty is funny.
Nasty is sweet.
Nasty is cute.
Nasty is fast.
Nasty is cunning.

But she is not, nor has she ever, been consistent. If she had won 6-0, 6-0 she could just as easily lose 6-0, 6-0 tomorrow.

The one time she approached any kind of consistency was 2004, not too long after working with Robert Lansdorpe. I think a weekend in California would do our beloved Countess more good than a gallon of O positive.

If I was her, and I was still interested in tennis, i'd be at least trying something new. The current plan isn't working.

I too agree that she has never been consistent, but I do think that in 2004 she was feared by many players, and she was a big name. These days, players probably hope that she is the seeded player they will play in a particular area of the draw.

miffedmax
May 3rd, 2006, 10:20 PM
That's why I'd like to see her work with Lansdorpe again. I don't think he put up with the kind of crap that Jens does, and I bet he made her work her shapely ass off. I also know that his big deal is consistency. A refresher with him might be good for her.

Jens obviously does something for her pyschologically, and she doesn't seem to want a coaching change. Lansdorpe seems willing to work on an "as-needed" basis, so maybe she could have the best of both worlds. Like I said, it seemed to work ok in '03 and '04.

Thauron
May 3rd, 2006, 11:01 PM
Some change might do some good indeed. I always thought Myskina's relationship with Gerlach to be extremely weird (as everybody I suppose). All the shouting doesn't really point to a typical coach-player relationship to say the least. How much authority does he still have over her, I sometimes wonder? And what can a coach achieve when he has no authority over his player? But if she thinks he is the best coach for her, fine by me. But how long can one continue to think that if the results aren't there.

A coach change, or a part-time extra coach like Lansdorpe, a sports psychologist or some other new members of her entourage might indeed do her a lot of good. Someone who can improve the spin, placement or pace of her second serve would be ideal, I suppose.
(As Spunky pointed out, her physical frame does not allow for massive improvements or a huge serve but some changes for the better must be possible IMO).

selyoink
May 4th, 2006, 01:00 AM
If I was her, and I was still interested in tennis, i'd be at least trying something new. The current plan isn't working.

I too agree that she has never been consistent, but I do think that in 2004 she was feared by many players, and she was a big name. These days, players probably hope that she is the seeded player they will play in a particular area of the draw.

There is no probably about it, she is definitely the seed players want to be drawn against.

Foot's Fingers
May 4th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Order of Play

Thursday, May 4, 2006

Court 1 (from 12.00hrs)
1. Hradecka/Uhlirova vs. Medina Garrigues/Srebotnik
2. Muller/Perebiynis vs. Tu/Vanc (NB 14.00hrs)
3. Likhovtseva/Myskina vs. Jans/Rosolska

Good Luck

Almalyk
May 4th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Good luck in doubles Anastasia. Find some form.

goldenlox
May 4th, 2006, 04:28 PM
I was hoping all these Russian titles would make Nastya more focused.
She still has plenty of time to get herself back on track before these 3 majors.

martirogi
May 4th, 2006, 04:44 PM
myskina/likhov won 7-5, 7-5 :D

they're in the semis now. :dance: :dance: :dance:

cindy
May 4th, 2006, 05:24 PM
at least a good news for me today..thx nastya! thx lena! best of luck for your semi!

Filippo-Nastya
May 4th, 2006, 09:29 PM
It's nice that Nastya has won 2 doubles matches in the last 2 days with Lena L. above all considering she had won only 1 doubles match in 2006 before Warsaw. Go girls!!

I'm curious to watch Dementieva-Radwanska tomorrow. I want to know a little bit better this Polish girl...

Almalyk
May 4th, 2006, 09:34 PM
myskina/likhov won 7-5, 7-5 :D

they're in the semis now. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Great news in doubles! A title would be nice, and the more time spent getting used to clay the better. :angel:

miffedmax
May 4th, 2006, 10:26 PM
It's nice that Nastya has won 2 doubles matches in the last 2 days with Lena L. above all considering she had won only 1 doubles match in 2006 before Warsaw. Go girls!!

I'm curious to watch Dementieva-Radwanska tomorrow. I want to know a little bit better this Polish girl...

I am very nervous about that match. But then again I am always nervous when Lena or Nastya play.

Good deal on doubles! I hope my prediction of titles here for both my faves comes true!

angiee3
May 5th, 2006, 12:36 AM
at least a doubles title would be nice.... good luck girls.. keep it up..

iine:
May 5th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Wow.:woohoo:
Doubles is working for her at least.:D

Foot's Fingers
May 5th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Nice doubles result :)

goldenlox
May 5th, 2006, 03:05 PM
I think we are going to find out a lot about Anastasia these next few years.
How much she wants to compete. How much she wants to be Russian #1 again.

goldenlox
May 5th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Does anyone have the pic of Nastya getting hit with her racket?

http://www.tropicana.be/wallpapers/anastasia_wpp.jpg

Thauron
May 5th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Wasn't that pic used as an avatar by someone of the regulars here? - I am sure someone must still have it, but I am afraid I can't help you.

Actually, I don't like that add at all, not that Myskina doesn't look pretty, she always does, but somehow it looks as if someone has been fiddling with the photo too much.
I can't help but feel that somehow Myskina's body is out of proportion, especially the head and the legs compared to her chest, even though she is bending over.

And as someone at the GM thread pointed out, white on white is not too brilliant an idea.

miffedmax
May 5th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Clearly, you missed much of the early '80s on MTV. ;)

(Really, it was a big look for a while.)

goldenlox
May 5th, 2006, 04:18 PM
I think she looks great. I want to keep that pic. I love the racket hitting her head.
I want to save that too.

cindy
May 5th, 2006, 04:53 PM
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/1853/anastasiamyskina3737uq.th.jpg (http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=anastasiamyskina3737uq.jpg)

GL...are you talking about this pic?

selyoink
May 5th, 2006, 04:53 PM
I think she looks great. I want to keep that pic. I love the racket hitting her head.
I want to save that too.

Ah the racket hitting her head is always a classic.

selyoink
May 5th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I think we are going to find out a lot about Anastasia these next few years.
How much she wants to compete. How much she wants to be Russian #1 again.

Well if she wants to win that Olympic gold medal which she did in 2004 she is really going to have to start playing well. She has two years in which to climb back into the top 4 Russians and stay there. Otherwise she will never get another chance. I still think that loss haunts her.

Thauron
May 5th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Clearly, you missed much of the early '80s on MTV. ;)

(Really, it was a big look for a while.)

That's probably right, since I must have been about 2-5 years old back then, which does make me older than the average person around here though. ;)

Well if she wants to win that Olympic gold medal which she did in 2004 she is really going to have to start playing well. She has two years in which to climb back into the top 4 Russians and stay there. Otherwise she will never get another chance. I still think that loss haunts her.

I don't know if that Olympics loss still haunts her. It was a devastating blow, but even though Myskina seems to be the emotional kind of player who might have problems shaking off such bad losses, I think she must be over that now. - it definately did not break her fighting spirit, on the contrary. Remember she was back at full form by the end of 2004.

If currently her confidence and consistancy might be somewhat lacking it is probably because she didn't have any astonishing wins against top players the last 1,5 year. Maybe her mind was occupied with non-tennis related things for too long too, for more than understandable reasons, which make it difficult to get back to the form and spirit she had in 2004.

Now might be the perfect time to change that though.

selyoink
May 5th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Winning the Olympic gold was her ultimate goal though. She has said it is more important then winning a slam. She was only briefly at top form following the Olympic defeat.

I'm not saying that loss is solely responsible for this current crap form but I think had she won that match she would still be a top 8 player if not well inside the top 5. As it stands now it is doubtful that she will ever get the chance to go for an Olympic medal again. At the time of the defeat I figured she could still win it four years later. Now that prospect diminishes more and more every month.

By the end of the summer season I think we will know if Nastya will ever find her old form.

Thauron
May 6th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Winning the Olympic gold was her ultimate goal though. She has said it is more important then winning a slam. She was only briefly at top form following the Olympic defeat.

I'm not saying that loss is solely responsible for this current crap form but I think had she won that match she would still be a top 8 player if not well inside the top 5. As it stands now it is doubtful that she will ever get the chance to go for an Olympic medal again. At the time of the defeat I figured she could still win it four years later. Now that prospect diminishes more and more every month.

By the end of the summer season I think we will know if Nastya will ever find her old form.

Yes, the Olympics were her ultimate goal and that's indeed why that loss did hurt so much.

Still, you can't track her current ranking back to that loss. Ranking points are calculated upon the previous year's relatively poor performances which, as far as I can see, should be attributed to bad preparation and a too short off-season (pre-clay), her mother's illness (around RG) and her continuing struggle to get back to where she belongs (from Wimbledon onwards). I can see no effect from the 2004 Olympics.

Of course it had effect on the rest of 2004 - her early exit in US Open for one, which might have cost her the number one rank - already more than bad enough IMO - but I don't see how that would have had a major effect on 2005.

Of course, one can always start with those 'what if...' constructions, but they tend to get rather ridiculous (look at some of the recent threads in GM). Besides, there are only few weaknesses in man's psyche as inefficient and stifling as his ability to construct if-clauses concerning the past, trust the experience of an old-timer on that.

You know, in my time, when the world was still young, grass was still green, the air still pure and untainted, people weren't that pessimistic and wouldn't consider the 13th best player of this year to be in crap form. (Well since MiffedMax called me one of the old folks around here in a good rep, I thought I could as well start acting like one ;) )

Thauron
May 6th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Good news from Warsaw.

Myskina and Likhovtseva have beaten Ivanovic/Kirilenko 6-3, 6-4 and are now into the finals! :bounce:

ARIANE 5
May 6th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Yes a good day :bounce:

goldenlox
May 6th, 2006, 03:48 PM
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/1853/anastasiamyskina3737uq.th.jpg (http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=anastasiamyskina3737uq.jpg)

GL...are you talking about this pic?thanx
Now Anna C is starting to play well.
Anastasia has to focus, and compete

iine:
May 6th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Woohoo! A doubles final!:D :woohoo:

selyoink
May 6th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Well normally I don't care about her results in doubles but she better win the title with Elena. And that is a command Nastya not an option.

denine
May 6th, 2006, 05:10 PM
who are they against??

cindy
May 6th, 2006, 05:52 PM
they will play medina garrigues/srebotnik...well nastya has some difficulties against srebotnik but nastya and lena can still win!...good luck girls!

sinterklaasje
May 6th, 2006, 08:23 PM
:woohoo:
well done :bounce:
a 5th title would be nice :D

Almalyk
May 7th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Good luck in the doubles final team RUSSIA!

angiee3
May 7th, 2006, 04:48 AM
Best of luck girls...

win this nastya.. and i will half (or maybe 1/4) forgive you for the 1R loss in singles...

frenchie
May 7th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Come on Nastya!!!

She only won 1 match in doubles this year before this tourny

Spunky83
May 7th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Remember how everything became better after her mixed doubles wins with Bjorkman last year at the French (semis)?

Hope this doubles will have a similiar effect on her confidence level.

denine
May 7th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Good luck nastya.:) please please please win the title.

cindy
May 7th, 2006, 03:42 PM
here it is! they won! 6/3 6/4!!! congrats girls!!!!!

ARIANE 5
May 7th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Yes congratulations girls :worship:

I hope they will play RG together

Thauron
May 7th, 2006, 03:46 PM
:bounce: Congratulations! First title of the year! :bounce:

:aparty: Although in doubles, reason enough for a small party, not? :banana:

And a big thank you to Likhovtseva! :worship:

Gave me quite a scare when a 5-1 lead became only a 5-4 lead but that's part of life as a Myskina fan, I suppose.

Filippo-Nastya
May 7th, 2006, 03:49 PM
:bounce: Nastya and Likhovtseva :bigclap:
A good way to start the clay season for Nastya. Now I want a great performance in singles in Rome.

sinterklaasje
May 7th, 2006, 03:52 PM
:woohoo:
a happy ending after a dramatic start of the week

cindy
May 7th, 2006, 04:04 PM
:bounce: Congratulations! First title of the year! :bounce:

:aparty: Although in doubles, reason enough for a small party, not? :banana:

And a big thank you to Likhovtseva! :worship:

Gave me quite a scare when a 5-1 lead became only a 5-4 lead but that's part of life as a Myskina fan, I suppose.

Gosh! I was scared too...you are right it's a good reason enough for a small party! :bounce:
hope they will keep on playing together

selyoink
May 7th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I'm glad they won the title. Now it is time for a solo title.

goldenlox
May 7th, 2006, 05:52 PM
It's good to win a title, maybe this will be a good thing for her confidence.
But she can do so much better in singles.

Almalyk
May 7th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Well done Nastya :bigclap: - hopefully this will build up your confidence, and it has probably been good for you to be winning in some form of the game (although i'd much prefer singles).

angiee3
May 7th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Well done girls!!!!

they should really think about playing together more often...! they make up a great team...

denine
May 7th, 2006, 11:15 PM
ok. Warsaw didn't turn out THAT bad afterall. ;)

Almalyk
May 8th, 2006, 02:26 AM
ok. Warsaw didn't turn out THAT bad afterall. ;)

I guess.. But still, i'd rather a first round exit in doubles, and a win in singles. :p

selyoink
May 8th, 2006, 04:18 AM
I still feel it turned out pretty bad. I'm glad she won doubles but that doesn't make up for the disaster in singles which is significantly more important.

I just hope this doubles win will translate to singles wins.

iine:
May 8th, 2006, 06:36 AM
Amazing!:D They won the doubles title :woohoo:

Foot's Fingers
May 8th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Congrats with a doubles title!!!

:banana:

miffedmax
May 8th, 2006, 03:27 PM
With Nasty and Lena, one must learn to appreciate titles whenever, however they come.

Good job, Nastya! (even if you are paired with the faux Lena).

goldenlox
May 8th, 2006, 04:30 PM
This is good to see
http://img350.imageshack.us/img350/7219/268111hd.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

Spunky83
May 8th, 2006, 04:46 PM
OMG...nothing to do at work...how come that surfing on the internet during working hours isnīt nearly as entertaining as doing it at home?

Good doubles titles!

Filippo-Nastya
May 8th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I hope Nastya will spend this week in Rome to practice hard for the tournament of next week (and not visiting the Colosseum or attending Kiefer's matches :lol: ). It would be, in my opinion, the best way to get her body used to heat that in these days is coming here.

Almalyk
May 8th, 2006, 09:31 PM
I hope Nastya will spend this week in Rome to practice hard for the tournament of next week (and not visiting the Colosseum or attending Kiefer's matches :lol: ). It would be, in my opinion, the best way to get her body used to heat that in these days is coming here.

Will you be attending any of Nastya's matches in Rome? I'd be at her first match if I was you! But i'd hope that there would be several matches that I could see/cheer too!

Filippo-Nastya
May 8th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Will you be attending any of Nastya's matches in Rome? I'd be at her first match if I was you! But i'd hope that there would be several matches that I could see/cheer too!

Yes, even though from Monday to Friday I should go at university, next week I will be in Rome on Monday (or Tuesday) to watch Nastya's 1st round match in singles so I'm sure to see her at least one time. Then, because of university, I have to come back at home until Friday but in the weekend I will go in Rome again to watch SF and F. If Nastya will be able to reach the semis in singles and/or in doubles I will have the chance to see her again.

angiee3
May 8th, 2006, 10:12 PM
lucky you filippo..

nastya looks extremely happy in that pic...

Almalyk
May 9th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Yes, even though from Monday to Friday I should go at university, next week I will be in Rome on Monday (or Tuesday) to watch Nastya's 1st round match in singles so I'm sure to see her at least one time. Then, because of university, I have to come back at home until Friday but in the weekend I will go in Rome again to watch SF and F. If Nastya will be able to reach the semis in singles and/or in doubles I will have the chance to see her again.

Well I hope she hangs around Rome for awhile! For her rankings sake, and for your enjoyment too! :wavey:

Bubba08
May 9th, 2006, 09:18 PM
No surprise there, but Nastya is on the entry list of Eastbourne. The field is strong though, it will be hard for her to defend her quaterfinals points.

selyoink
May 10th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Well I hope she hangs around Rome for awhile! For her rankings sake, and for your enjoyment too! :wavey:

Her ranking is really in jeopardy now since she blew her opportunity to accumulate points. She is coming up on the portion of the season where she actually has to defend points. A scary proposition.

sinterklaasje
May 10th, 2006, 02:35 AM
The second half of 2005 was better than the first half, but it wasn't spectacular. She has some ranking points to defend (Wimbledon, Zurich, Montreal/Toronto) but there are also a lot of points to win (RG, US Open). I can't see her falling in the rankings (just being my optimistic self).

meyerpl
May 10th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Nastya will finish the year in the top-ten. That's my claim and I'm sticking with it. It is great to see Nastya with such a beaming smile! The pics in Elena's thread are outstanding. It's also great to see a very cool Olga's name on many of them. Lucky for Olga to be there to take them. Filippo, I hope you get to see Nastya beaming with pride and joy in Rome! I'll be thinking of you.

frenchie
May 10th, 2006, 09:18 AM
I hope Nastya finishes the year in the top10
Actually, her goal should be to qualify for the YEC

Don't forget her best part of the year is the indoor season....

goldenlox
May 10th, 2006, 03:09 PM
If Anastasia was really planning on making a strong run at a YEC spot, wouldn't she be in Berlin?
It's a Tier I, and she still has so many good players ahead of her in the rankings.

_LuCaS_
May 10th, 2006, 06:25 PM
If Anastasia was really planning on making a strong run at a YEC spot, wouldn't she be in Berlin?
It's a Tier I, and she still has so many good players ahead of her in the rankings.
Maybe she decided to play Rome instead

angiee3
May 10th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Nastya will finish the year in the top-ten. That's my claim and I'm sticking with it. It is great to see Nastya with such a beaming smile! The pics in Elena's thread are outstanding. It's also great to see a very cool Olga's name on many of them. Lucky for Olga to be there to take them. Filippo, I hope you get to see Nastya beaming with pride and joy in Rome! I'll be thinking of you.

you stick with that.. and i'll stick with you... :D

selyoink
May 11th, 2006, 03:59 AM
Maybe she decided to play Rome instead

She could play both :p

goldenlox
May 11th, 2006, 03:38 PM
You play both Tier I's. You might get a good draw in one, and not the other.

selyoink
May 11th, 2006, 04:33 PM
You play both Tier I's. You might get a good draw in one, and not the other.

I agree. She should've played Berlin instead of the tournament she is playing after Rome.

miffedmax
May 11th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Sorry guys, but you are relying on mere logic.
That's no match for Nastyaism.

Almalyk
May 11th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Sorry guys, but you are relying on mere logic.
That's no match for Nastyaism.

Berlin could have been a good week for Nastya if she was drawn in the botton half. But she didn't play. I hope Rome is kind to her.

sinterklaasje
May 12th, 2006, 12:01 AM
as if draws matter :rolleyes:
considering she can lose to anybody in the top 350, there's no such thing as a good draw :lol:
I don't mind that she plays Istanbul instead of Berlin; as long as she's motivated any tournament will do for me.

Almalyk
May 12th, 2006, 03:02 AM
as if draws matter :rolleyes:
considering she can lose to anybody in the top 350, there's no such thing as a good draw :lol:
I don't mind that she plays Istanbul instead of Berlin; as long as she's motivated any tournament will do for me.

I'm sort of pleased she plays in turkey too.. If she doesn't get any wins in Rome, then she should (I repeat should) get some clay wins in Istanbul.

Nastya hasn't won a clay court match in yonks... She lost all her matches in Berlin, French Open and Fed cup Final in 2005, and she's yet to win on this surface in 2006.

Get it together girl! :kiss:

frenchie
May 12th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Come on Nastya!!!
I want you to reach the semis in Rome, win Istanbul and reach the QF at RG :D :angel:

You can be top10 after RG

selyoink
May 12th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Come on Nastya!!!
I want you to reach the semis in Rome, win Istanbul and reach the QF at RG :D :angel:

You can be top10 after RG

No more quarterfinals in slams. She needs to reach a semi-final. She has only done it once. I want it to happen again. She needs to prove she can really compete for another slam.

I wouldn't expect it to happen at RG though. Anything better than 3rd round and I'll probably be ecstatic.

Filippo-Nastya
May 12th, 2006, 09:42 PM
I'm sort of pleased she plays in turkey too.. If she doesn't get any wins in Rome, then she should (I repeat should) get some clay wins in Istanbul.

Nastya hasn't won a clay court match in yonks... She lost all her matches in Berlin, French Open and Fed cup Final in 2005, and she's yet to win on this surface in 2006.

Get it together girl! :kiss:

Have you forgotten her wins against V.Williams and Craybas in the Fed Cup semis? :)

Hope to see a very hungry Nastya in the next weeks.

Spunky83
May 12th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Greetings from Berlin...if only Nastya was here...perfect day that would be;)

Filippo-Nastya
May 12th, 2006, 10:58 PM

:wavey:
I wish you a lot of fun for tomorrow, I know you want a semis Martina-Justine...

Spunky83
May 12th, 2006, 11:04 PM
:wavey:
I wish you a lot of fun for tomorrow, I know you want a semis Martina-Justine...

Oh yeah... :drool:

Those two are the most beloved in Berlin, so the atmosphere should be great.

selyoink
May 13th, 2006, 02:33 AM

If Nastya was there you could talk about Dan Brown's books with her since she likes him. :devil:

Almalyk
May 13th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Oh yeah... :drool:

Those two are the most beloved in Berlin, so the atmosphere should be great.

Cheer really loudly for Martina Spunky! :bounce:

frenchie
May 13th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Cheer really loudly for Martina Spunky! :bounce:

Martina hust lost :sad: :sad:
She's becoming my second favorite player after Nastya of course ;)

We are about to discover the Rome draw
I hope Nastya has a good draw in her first 2 matches (no Hingis in first round please :devil: ) and can beat a top10 at this tourny!

frenchie
May 13th, 2006, 12:33 PM
terrible draw :eek:

Nastya begins against a qualifier
then Vinci (Eastbourne QF :unsure: ) or Ardvisson
then Kuznetsova :eek:

....then Sharapova, or Dementieva or Clijsters

I don't see Nastya past the round of 16 unfortunately :sad:
But she needs to win the first 2 matches

denine
May 13th, 2006, 12:39 PM
sveta :unsure:

selyoink
May 13th, 2006, 02:47 PM
As long as she wins the first two matches I'll be happy. I don't like her chances against Kuznetsova at all. She should win the first two rounds but that probably means she won't.

Bubba08
May 13th, 2006, 03:15 PM
She couldn't have had an easy draw anyways.
Let's keep our feet on the earth, if she could beat the qualifer in the first round, it would be great. :) :tape:

Good luck Nastya!

goldenlox
May 13th, 2006, 03:53 PM
She can win at least 2 matches. She has to do better than last week

meyerpl
May 13th, 2006, 06:23 PM
She's going all the way through the finals dammit!!!

angiee3
May 13th, 2006, 10:40 PM
I think she'll do fine in Rome...

Almalyk
May 14th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Time for Nastya to find her feet on clay and get a couple of wins. I'll be majorly disappointed if she doesn't reach the 3rd round.

selyoink
May 14th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Time for Nastya to find her feet on clay and get a couple of wins. I'll be majorly disappointed if she doesn't reach the 4th round.

You'd be disappointed if she lost to Kuznetsova? That would be a huge upset.

Thauron
May 14th, 2006, 09:56 AM
She's going all the way through the finals dammit!!!

Now that's the spirit.

Kuznetsova will be a very tough nut to crack, but if Myskina wants to become top ten again, she has to win these matches sooner or later.

Apart from that the draw isn't too bad though, Sharapova on clay should be more than beatable for the likes of Myskina - and if she would get to the SF, hopefully Dementieva will have used her weekly good day to eliminate Clijsters. ;)

But it's probably best 'to take one match at a time'.

_LuCaS_
May 14th, 2006, 10:20 AM
She can win at least 2 matches. She has to do better than last week
If she wins 2 matches I fancy her chances against Sveta. But then again it must be quite frustrating to lose 1st round tourney after tourney :smash:

Almalyk
May 14th, 2006, 10:21 AM
You'd be disappointed if she lost to Kuznetsova? That would be a huge upset.

Oooops... I was still in the mode that Nastya would have a first round BYE for some reason.. so i mixed 3rd and 4th round.

NO, i'd be happy for her to win 2 matches then play Kuznetsova. At the moment i'd give her a 10% chance of winning that match.

goldenlox
May 14th, 2006, 05:59 PM
This game is mostly mental.
Anastasia has to play steadier.
Long points. Her movement will be an advantage.

frenchie
May 14th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Nastya on court tomorrow!!
She's second on Court Pietrangeli (?) playing qualifier Azarenka

Nastya already beat her this year

goldenlox
May 14th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Good. She should play like FO 2004. Steady, use her speed

frenchie
May 14th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Good. She should play like FO 2004. Steady, use her speed

Easier said than done ;)

ARIANE 5
May 14th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Miami this year : Nastya-Azarenka 6/3 7/5
I hope she will make as well tomorrow :awww:

Thauron
May 14th, 2006, 08:58 PM
With Mauresmo and Sharapova withdrawn the draw looks a bit silly now, the first quarter looks really empty now.

For Myskina things doesn't change much, if she can get to the QF a relatively easy opponent should await there - but she still will have to get past Kuznetsova (and her first and second round opponents) first.

Anyway, as you all I'm hoping for a solid and inspiring performance tomorrow

TheBoiledEgg
May 14th, 2006, 10:10 PM
dont like the draw, it could be tough

Nastya needs to bring her best out on court one of these clay tourns

c'mon Nastya, need a good tourn to get one of the top 12 seeds.

Spunky83
May 14th, 2006, 11:08 PM
If Nastya was there you could talk about Dan Brown's books with her since she likes him. :devil:

What is it about two of my fave players liking Dan Brown...I am so disgusted :tape: :lol:

Almalyk
May 14th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Nastya plays Azarenka again :(
Two of my fav's facing off so early once again.

But Nastya should take this one. I don't think clay is Azarenka's fav surface at all. I hope Nastya finds inspiration - good luck :bigclap:

selyoink
May 15th, 2006, 04:44 AM
I hope I have a nice present when I wake up tomorrow. If she loses though it won't be anything new so I shouldn't be too distraught either way.

Almalyk
May 15th, 2006, 07:44 AM
I hope I have a nice present when I wake up tomorrow. If she loses though it won't be anything new so I shouldn't be too distraught either way.

I want her to win R1 badly, I want Kuznetsova to be tired if they meet in the R3, I want Nastya to be the Queen of RG again...

Hmmmmmm..... Should take things day by day with Nastya of course. Probably it will be more likely that I marry Andy Roddick than she wins RG again...

Foot's Fingers
May 15th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Good Luck Nastya!!!

Just avoid Warsaw story in singkles pls

Foot's Fingers
May 15th, 2006, 09:19 AM
and doubles with Lena L again :)

Almalyk
May 15th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Good luck tonight Nastya - i'll surely be asleep!

Just win! :scared:

angiee3
May 15th, 2006, 12:12 PM
doubles with Elena L. nice... another doubles title would be nice...

PLEASE WIN! at this point i don't really care what's the score as long as she wins... come on girl.. best of luck....
got to get ready for school now.. i hope today will be a good day...

goldenlox
May 15th, 2006, 04:01 PM
When she won, it was with steady play. Both Veus and Jennifer said Myskina was hitting with no pace.
Actually, Anastasia was mixing her pace, but playing steady, not looking to end points quick.

Spunky83
May 15th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Nastya...Nastya...Nastya...what shall we do with you?!?

Please win the tiebreaker and then I can go happily continue work;)

selyoink
May 15th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Nastya won a three set marathon. Was down 3-5 in the third set too. Obviously she is still not very good but I'll take a win however we can get it these days.

frenchie
May 15th, 2006, 05:05 PM

She heard you!!! :bounce: :bounce: :worship:

What a scare!!!!! :eek:
Now I'm waiting for Filippo-Nastya report because he was at the match I think

selyoink
May 15th, 2006, 05:06 PM

:lol: Enjoy work.

KV
May 15th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Didn't display her best, but most important done into next round.

selyoink
May 15th, 2006, 05:07 PM
She heard you!!! :bounce: :bounce: :worship:

What a scare!!!!! :eek:
Now I'm waiting for Filippo-Nastya report because he was at the match I think

I'm waiting for pictures :drool:

cerbero
May 15th, 2006, 05:09 PM
wtf... :fiery:

cindy
May 15th, 2006, 05:29 PM
OMG! I was chating on the msn with my friend and we were soooooooooo stressed, so damn crazy,so hopeless while we were praying God to let her win this match, and then finaly she won!!!! I cannot believe that she played more than 2 hours for her fist round!
anyway CONGRATS nasty nastya! try to make it easy sometimes and WIN!!!!

slk45
May 15th, 2006, 05:53 PM
:yeah: A good win for Nastya against an agressive young player! :bounce: :bounce:

WC Azarenka took out #1-seeded Vaidisova in the 1R at Memphis this year. And WCs Azarenka and C. Wosniacki were the doubles runner-ups there.

ARIANE 5
May 15th, 2006, 06:16 PM
My god. It was horrible to follow the match on the scoreboard.
But it was just a normal match for Nastya :lol:

sinterklaasje
May 15th, 2006, 07:33 PM
pheeeew
that was close
hope next round will be easier
davai :bounce:

sinterklaasje
May 15th, 2006, 08:05 PM
I just had a look at the stats
she hit 12 DF and only won 37 % of second serve points :tape:
but she hit 5 aces, one on second serve (wondering how she managed to do that, Azarenka must have slipped when the 76 MPH second serve slowly passed by :lol: )

Spunky83
May 15th, 2006, 08:55 PM
BTW...has anyone seen the WHIRLPOOL ad yet? There was a two-pager in Berlinīs playersī guide but havenīt seen it anywhere else. Nastya looks great in it and Justineīs breasts are actually bigger (Photoshop is the new boob job) :lol:

iine:
May 15th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Holy Moly..:scared:
Just escaped by the skin of her teeth. phew.. Am I glad that she won! :D :yeah:
According to the stats .. her serve is so fucking awful! :tape:

iine:
May 15th, 2006, 09:11 PM
... and Justineīs breasts are actually bigger (Photoshop is the new boob job) :lol:
:spit: :haha:

_LuCaS_
May 15th, 2006, 09:13 PM
What's to say? Good luck in the next match

Almalyk
May 15th, 2006, 09:25 PM
I just had a look at the stats
she hit 12 DF and only won 37 % of second serve points :tape:
but she hit 5 aces, one on second serve (wondering how she managed to do that, Azarenka must have slipped when the 76 MPH second serve slowly passed by :lol: )

LMAO. Nastya's second serve are more like 65 mph. I remember she served a second serve ace at Australian Open once too. It was almost like an underarm serve (about the same speed) that hit the very edge of the line on a funny angle). :lol:

Anyway, she has won a match on clay! I'm pleased I didn't stay awake to watch though - what a drama filled match. Too close of course.

Good luck for the rest of the tourny. :hearts:

Almalyk
May 15th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Holy Moly..:scared:
Just escaped by the skin of her teeth. phew.. Am I glad that she won! :D :yeah:
According to the stats .. her serve is so fucking awful! :tape:

That serve will make us all grey, bald (the boys) and our hearts won't benefit either. :devil:

Thauron
May 15th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Damn, I had to leave at 5-3 in the first set, everything seemed still to go ok back then, although I saw her miss three set points (one with a DF) and already was starting to feel a little uncomfortable. Obviously, I wasn't mistaken. Maybe best I wasn't there to witness it, probably saved me the costs for yet another reanimation.

Glad she battled another crazy match through.

Anyway, good luck in doubles tomorrow.

EDIT: and in singles the day after tomorrow too of course. ;)

sinterklaasje
May 15th, 2006, 10:02 PM
LMAO. Nastya's second serve are more like 65 mph. I remember she served a second serve ace at Australian Open once too. It was almost like an underarm serve (about the same speed) that hit the very edge of the line on a funny angle). :lol:

Oops, you're right, I was a bit too optimistic. :)

next match I want better serve stats or else :fiery:

denine
May 15th, 2006, 11:20 PM
she won! :woohoo:

Filippo-Nastya
May 16th, 2006, 12:14 AM
I'm just back at home from Rome. What a day!! Unbelievable!
Nastya's match was full of ups and downs. She was very close to lose because of 12 DF's plus 7-8 overhead shots missed. But she has won because she has a heart big like an ocean (she was 3-5 and then 5-6 down in the 3rd set, she fought as a mad on every point) and because she was very-very-very-very lucky in the last 2 points of the tiebreak.
I had the pleasure to attend her practice today morning, to talk with her after the practice and I met her again after the match thanks to...Aleksandr Stepanov (and tomorrow I will say you why thanks to him).
I haven't seen Gerlach today. Nastya is in Rome with Stepanov and a blonde woman that seems to be another Nastya's coach. Does anybody know her? She is very similar (age, haircut) to Dementieva's mum.
Where are you Jens?
Now I need to sleep :zzz:, tomorrow I'll explain you better what I've done today. :wavey:

Bubba08
May 16th, 2006, 12:18 AM
We will wait impatiently :D

Almalyk
May 16th, 2006, 01:00 AM
I'm just back at home from Rome. What a day!! Unbelievable!
Nastya's match was full of ups and downs. She was very close to lose because of 12 DF's plus 7-8 overhead shots missed. But she has won because she has a heart big like an ocean (she was 3-5 and then 5-6 down in the 3rd set, she fought as a mad on every point) and because she was very-very-very-very lucky in the last 2 points of the tiebreak.
I had the pleasure to attend her practice today morning, to talk with her after the practice and I met her again after the match thanks to...Aleksandr Stepanov (and tomorrow I will say you why thanks to him).
I haven't seen Gerlach today. Nastya is in Rome with Stepanov and a blonde woman that seems to be another Nastya's coach. Does anybody know her? She is very similar (age, haircut) to Dementieva's mum.
Where are you Jens?
Now I need to sleep :zzz:, tomorrow I'll explain you better what I've done today. :wavey:

I can't wait to hear too!
I'm pleased you saw her win! Even if it was tough!
Thanks! :) :)

angiee3
May 16th, 2006, 01:00 AM
well thank goodness she won.. i was quite worried...
today it has been a terrible day.. but just by knowing that nastya won it makes me feel much better... even if it's not the greatest score.. but a win is a win...
best of luck in doubles and next round...!

Almalyk
May 16th, 2006, 01:05 AM
And i'm wondering if she has ditched Jens... First she doesn't play in his home tournament, and now she is in Rome without him... hmmmm...

selyoink
May 16th, 2006, 07:39 AM
And i'm wondering if she has ditched Jens... First she doesn't play in his home tournament, and now she is in Rome without him... hmmmm...

I doubt she has. But I kind of hope she did since I'm a firm believer that she needs a change.

Almalyk
May 16th, 2006, 07:53 AM
I doubt she has. But I kind of hope she did since I'm a firm believer that she needs a change.

Something needs to change! Especially her serve! I just read the match report on the Official Site (its on A-M.com too) and it said that a lot of Nastya's serves were nearly hitting the baseline! That's really bad! :rolleyes: :devil:

I wonder if Larissa Neiland (Fed Cup coach) is there with her?? :wavey:

fleur137
May 16th, 2006, 08:00 AM
finally a win!! i was so scared for her...PHEW!! nastya, your win made my day!

Foot's Fingers
May 16th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Something needs to change! Especially her serve! I just read the match report on the Official Site (its on A-M.com too) and it said that a lot of Nastya's serves were nearly hitting the baseline! That's really bad! :rolleyes: :devil:

no no pls no Larissa

As good as she is for Fed Cup no need to coach any Russians more

Foot's Fingers
May 16th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Nastya ....struggles all the match

DF on MP .......

But as i saw from nes block she was happy to win

Finally a red clay win

GO for Titles everywhere now!!!

Foot's Fingers
May 16th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Court 5 (from 13.00hrs)
1. Zvonareva vs. Peer
2. Nakamura vs. Domachowska
3. Dementieva/Pennetta vs. Husarova/Peer
4. Likhovtseva/Myskina vs. Dechy/Groenefeld

Good Luck

goldenlox
May 16th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Anyone have postmatch quotes?

selyoink
May 16th, 2006, 06:02 PM
No pictures from her match? :(

ARIANE 5
May 16th, 2006, 06:23 PM
I wait the filippo story with Nastya yesterday. Perhaps he has photos :)

ARIANE 5
May 16th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Nastya play vs R. Vinci tomorrow. Central second match. Come on girl.

frenchie
May 16th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Nastya play vs R. Vinci tomorrow. Central second match. Come on girl.

Do you know if ES1 is going to show center court matches??
Nastya on TV??? :confused: with a win I hope :bounce:

ARIANE 5
May 16th, 2006, 07:17 PM
I don't know but I hope.

_LuCaS_
May 16th, 2006, 07:46 PM
No Jens ? Maybe there is hope afterall
Nastya on ES tomorrow if they keep they schedule

cindy
May 16th, 2006, 07:46 PM
nastya is coached by larissa neiland now...she is russian...she is in the fed cup team ;)

_LuCaS_
May 16th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Source cindy?

no no pls no Larissa

As good as she is for Fed Cup no need to coach any Russians more
Trust me, it can't get any worse :lol:

Thauron
May 16th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Bloody hell, Myskina and Likhovtseva lost to Dechy and Grönefeld 6-3,1-6,6(4)-7.

Very close but obviously not good enough. Well, to bad, better luck tomorrow in singles.

I would also like to know the source of this sudden news on Nastya's coach.

Was Neiland also the one present at the Olympics 2004 as a team coach?

I hope not, cause there was a Russian short-haired woman present at Myskina's desastrous SF match, who really pissed me off back then - looking at Myskina with those beaten puppy eyes even before Henin levelled at 5-5! A coach needs to be emphatic, I guess, but they need to be encouraging first and foremost, especially in difficult yet far from hopeless situations. Having pity written all over your face when things go wrong is not what I call supporting and encouraging.

Sorry for the little rant, but I really hope Neiland is not that particular woman!

On a side note, if Myskina did change her coach, she surely took her loss two weeks ago far more serious than she seemed at first glance.

Spunky83
May 16th, 2006, 08:47 PM

I was quoting the Rome tournament website;)

Cindy...source, source, source! Cause if Nastya fired Jens, this would be HUGE news.

Filippo-Nastya
May 16th, 2006, 09:52 PM
nastya is coached by larissa neiland now...she is russian...she is in the fed cup team ;)

Probably you are right, I have checked her pic on wtatour.com and she looks very similar to the blonde woman that I saw yesterday in Rome. I also met her an hour before Nastya's match. She was going to a stand in front of the players lounge that was used for the stringing of the racquets. I saw her take the Nastya's Head racquet. I said her: "I wish Anastasia good luck for the match". She replied me: "Thank you".
I also saw Dechy, Molik and Douchevina while were going to take their racquets to that stand.

Almalyk
May 16th, 2006, 09:52 PM
WOW!
Yesterday I only guessed that it could have been Neiland who was with her in Rome... I hope I didn't start a controversey!

Surely something must be said soon if she has ditched Jens...

meyerpl
May 16th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Filippo, I was thinking about you having a series of heart-attacks in Rome while watching Nastya's match. Thanks for bringing us the news and your observations! I enjoy reading your account of the tournament.
I've been one of the people reluctantly thinking that maybe it's time for Nastya to make a coaching change. Now, I'm thinking perhaps one should be careful what you wish for.

Almalyk
May 16th, 2006, 11:45 PM
I hope Nastya changes to a coach who is able to be more authorative with her. I think in the Jens/Nastya relationship, she can be lazy. Someone needs to push her.

Foot's Fingers
May 17th, 2006, 09:50 AM
ES and ES2 starts theirs translatiojn in one time

So i beleive we have a chance to see Nastya on TV ..... but may be better for me not to watch this time

She NEVER win in 2006 when i saw her on TV

Foot's Fingers
May 17th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Source cindy?

Trust me, it can't get any worse :lol:

i am worried abt Nastya health, if Larissa working with her now .... ask Lina K abt this .......

She is good as a team coach but not as personal....

Foot's Fingers
May 17th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Bloody hell, Myskina and Likhovtseva lost to Dechy and Grönefeld 6-3,1-6,6(4)-7.

Very close but obviously not good enough. Well, to bad, better luck tomorrow in singles.

I would also like to know the source of this sudden news on Nastya's coach.

Was Neiland also the one present at the Olympics 2004 as a team coach?

I hope not, cause there was a Russian short-haired woman present at Myskina's desastrous SF match, who really pissed me off back then - looking at Myskina with those beaten puppy eyes even before Henin levelled at 5-5! A coach needs to be emphatic, I guess, but they need to be encouraging first and foremost, especially in difficult yet far from hopeless situations. Having pity written all over your face when things go wrong is not what I call supporting and encouraging.

Sorry for the little rant, but I really hope Neiland is not that particular woman!

On a side note, if Myskina did change her coach, she surely took her loss two weeks ago far more serious than she seemed at first glance.

I am afraid, but as per yr description seems it is Larissa

denine
May 17th, 2006, 09:55 AM
i am worried abt Nastya health, if Larissa working with her now .... ask Lina K abt this .......

She is good as a team coach but not as personal....
health? :confused:

frenchie
May 17th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Probably you are right, I have checked her pic on wtatour.com and she looks very similar to the blonde woman that I saw yesterday in Rome. I also met her an hour before Nastya's match. She was going to a stand in front of the players lounge that was used for the stringing of the racquets. I saw her take the Nastya's Head racquet. I said her: "I wish Anastasia good luck for the match". She replied me: "Thank you".
I also saw Dechy, Molik and Douchevina while were going to take their racquets to that stand.

Can you give us details of Nastya singles match please :wavey:

A coach change :eek:

frenchie
May 17th, 2006, 10:30 AM
OMG ES france is showing court Pietrangeli matches this afternoon!!!! :eek:
Whyyyyyy? :sad:

I don't have ES2 :fiery:

Almalyk
May 17th, 2006, 10:32 AM
I wish Nastya good luck!
And I hope most of you get to see her on TV! I also hope she wins for fucks sake!

Almalyk
May 17th, 2006, 10:33 AM
She also assured herself a top 12 seed at RG today, with Davenport's withdrawl... Not that the draw ever matters... it's what percentage of Nastya's brain that turns up :devil:

Filippo-Nastya
May 17th, 2006, 11:04 AM
I wait the filippo story with Nastya yesterday. Perhaps he has photos :)

I'm sorry, I had no camera with me last Monday. I admit that taking photos isn't one of my hobbies plus the camera I have here at home is very old. It's a pity because Monday morning before her tennis practice, Nastya spent 20 minutes on court 5 with Larisa making some sprints and some stretching exercises. She was no more than 5 metres far from me and I can tell you, it was a great feeling.
As regard the reason why Stepanov helped me to meet Nastya after the match, the story is simple. You know, he is so BIG that you can recognize him even when he is far from you. So during the match Jankovic-Likho that followed Nastya-Azarenka on court Pietrangeli I saw him watching the match with Larisa. I thought it was a good idea to stay close to him to meet Nastya so I sat a few metres left to him. Nastya should teach him to cut off the ringer of his mobile during the tennis matches because at a certain point I heard a sound coming from right and it was Stepanov's mobile. It was a message that probably Nastya sent him because, after reading that, he immediately left the stand and went to the players lounge that is next to that court. I followed him but I couldn't entry in the players lounge so I waited out. It was a good idea because after a couple of minutes I saw him coming out from the PL with a thin girl dressed in blue completely capped. She was Nastya. So I quickly went close to her, I called her, she looked at me, I said her "Congratulations". She replied me with a big smile "Thanks". She was very happy and relieved. If she wasn't accompanied by Alex, I would offered her something to eat or drink to celebrate the victory :lol: but I preferred to left them alone and I come back to watch the Janko-Likho match till the end.
Sorry for the long post and for my English.

fleur137
May 17th, 2006, 11:19 AM
well i suppose with larissa as coach, we'll no longer see her swearing to the player's box...

Almalyk
May 17th, 2006, 11:38 AM
I'm sorry, I had no camera with me last Monday. I admit that taking photos isn't one of my hobbies plus the camera I have here at home is very old. It's a pity because Monday morning before her tennis practice, Nastya spent 20 minutes on court 5 with Larisa making some sprints and some stretching exercises. She was no more than 5 metres far from me and I can tell you, it was a great feeling.
As regard the reason why Stepanov helped me to meet Nastya after the match, the story is simple. You know, he is so BIG that you can recognize him even when he is far from you. So during the match Jankovic-Likho that followed Nastya-Azarenka on court Pietrangeli I saw him watching the match with Larisa. I thought it was a good idea to stay close to him to meet Nastya so I sat a few metres left to him. Nastya should teach him to cut off the ringer of his mobile during the tennis matches because at a certain point I heard a sound coming from right and it was Stepanov's mobile. It was a message that probably Nastya sent him because, after reading that, he immediately left the stand and went to the players lounge that is next to that court. I followed him but I couldn't entry in the players lounge so I waited out. It was a good idea because after a couple of minutes I saw him coming out from the PL with a thin girl dressed in blue completely capped. She was Nastya. So I quickly went close to her, I called her, she looked at me, I said her "Congratulations". She replied me with a big smile "Thanks". She was very happy and relieved. If she wasn't accompanied by Alex, I would offered her something to eat or drink to celebrate the victory :lol: but I preferred to left them alone and I come back to watch the Janko-Likho match till the end.
Sorry for the long post and for my English.

What a great story! You should have stolen Stepanov's cell phone and recorded Nastya's number! Then you would be very lucky! But you would have to run very fast to get away from him, I wouldn't want him chasing me.

I hope you enjoy the matches today. Cheer loud for our girl! :wavey: :angel: :bounce: :hearts: :kiss:

Filippo-Nastya
May 17th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Can you give us details of Nastya singles match please :wavey:

A coach change :eek:

First of all, a note about the weather conditions. It was very hot, no cloud in the sky, no wind in the air, court Pietrangeli was a real oven.
About Nastya's match, in the 1st set she played really well and her serve was great. The key-moment was the 7th game (the score was 3-3) when Nastya was 15-40 and won that game with 4 great serves in a row in which Azarenka was never able to return (1 ace).
In the 2nd set Azarenka became more aggressive, while Nastya played too defensive so every time Nastya played a little short, her opponent was often able to hit a winner. The serve had abandoned Nastya at the end of the 1st set and never come back :lol: . Nastya went quickly 1-5 down, then she won 2 games but in the last game she missed 2 easy overhead shots and lost the set.
In the final set it was a battle of nerves. Nastya didn't play well but she showed a great fighting spirit and a big heart. Azarenka served twice for the match but, luckily, she didn't handle the pressure in those moments so it was the tiebreak that decided the match. It was very close, the last 3 points were really dramatic. At 6-5 MP for Nastya, I was praying "Please Nastya, no DF" but her 1st serve was long and the 2nd...long too. Nastya was so depressed that she asked to ballboys the balls for the following point but she was forgetting that in the TB you have to change court every 6 points. When she saw Aza changing the court she remembered that. Then in the second last point, Nastya's 1st serve went very slowly in the middle of the net. The 2nd serve was even more slower, luckily it wasn't the 13th DF, Azarenka played a very aggressive return unreachable for Nastya IMO but the ball hit the netcord and because of that deflexion it went just wide, so it was 7-6 for Nastya. Last point, Aza served, Nastya returned with a cross-court BH, Aza played a wonderful BH down the line...great shot, unreachable again for Nastya, but the ball as the point before went just wide soooo close to the line. I immediately look at the linejudge and I was hoping: "Please, widen your arm!". Luckily he made that gesture and the match was over. :bounce: :bounce:

cindy
May 17th, 2006, 12:33 PM
great story and report filippo! thx a lot
as for my source (since everyone is asking me) I was just trying to help filippo who abviously didn't know the name of "the blond woman"...+ I know someone in rome who told me that nastya wasn't coached by jens anymore but by larissa...but don't worry spunky maybe it is just for rome and she'll take jens back soon ;) who can know with nastya!? but honestly I think it's a good idea to change even if no one seems to love larissa here I think she can be great for her....everyone know that nastya's problem is mental I saw larissa with her and she is very protective and sweet so maybe it well help nastya to feel better

Foot's Fingers
May 17th, 2006, 01:37 PM
OMG ES france is showing court Pietrangeli matches this afternoon!!!! :eek:
Whyyyyyy? :sad:

I don't have ES2 :fiery:

don't worry

as per ES schedule announce before ALG match, Myskina will be on ES

Foot's Fingers
May 17th, 2006, 01:40 PM
great story and report filippo! thx a lot
as for my source (since everyone is asking me) I was just trying to help filippo who abviously didn't know the name of "the blond woman"...+ I know someone in rome who told me that nastya wasn't coached by jens anymore but by larissa...but don't worry spunky maybe it is just for rome and she'll take jens back soon ;) who can know with nastya!? but honestly I think it's a good idea to change even if no one seems to love larissa here I think she can be great for her....everyone know that nastya's problem is mental I saw larissa with her and she is very protective and sweet so maybe it well help nastya to feel better

i love her

Her doubles game and so on

but don't want her to be a pesonal coach

fleur137
May 17th, 2006, 01:44 PM
thanks for the report filippo!!

Foot's Fingers
May 17th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Filippo!

Great Thnks for report

Spunky83
May 17th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Wow...Jens axed...amazing thing. Bit sad but hopefully this means she will play better from now on. Is it offical or just Jens taking a break somewhere...maybe he had to be at home or something?

Watching the match right now. Sometimes itīs really great to work at a tv stations...everywhere there are tv sets :lol:

Foot's Fingers
May 17th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Nastya starts the match with a hold :eek:

on TV now

Spunky83
May 17th, 2006, 02:20 PM
2-0...man, Vinci sucks;)

Come on Nastya!!!

Foot's Fingers
May 17th, 2006, 02:24 PM
wow 3-0

cindy
May 17th, 2006, 02:56 PM
nastya????!!!!! what happens???? this was like...hum....TOO EASY so she decide not to play anymore!? c'mon nastya please wake up!

Foot's Fingers
May 17th, 2006, 03:45 PM
and finally another 3 sets match

Nastya :rolleyes: Sveta will destroy you tomorrow if you play like this

Foot's Fingers
May 17th, 2006, 03:45 PM
score 6-0 1-6 6-4

cindy
May 17th, 2006, 03:50 PM
and finally another 3 sets match

Nastya :rolleyes: Sveta will destroy you tomorrow if you play like this

lol unfortunatly I agree with you... :rolleyes:
anyway she won today this is great...if she plays like in the first set she maybe has a chance to defeat sveta...let's hope :bounce: davai nastya :bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
May 17th, 2006, 03:51 PM
omg Nastya.......... that was horrible :o
but she won it :) :D

she got to play alot, lot better to have even a hope tomorrow :o

Dementinator
May 17th, 2006, 03:51 PM
well done Nasty! job done ,but dear oh dear , gotta pick it up tomorrow or its going to be very embarrasing indeed! Sveta wont let you get away with this sort of game for a minute ,so lets get it sorted!!! I wanna see Igor going home!!! :lol:

goldenlox
May 17th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Anastasia isn't playing her best now, but a win here vs. Sveta will change all that

selyoink
May 17th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Well I'm glad Nastya won again. Probably wasn't pretty but I'll take it. She even had a second serve Ace for the second match in a row!

Tomorrow is a good chance to see how she measures up against a top 10 player. I fully expect Kuznetsova to light her up but maybe Nastya play well and make it a match.

Filippo-Nastya
May 17th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Nastya has won but there are not good news. Italian tv (Sky) interviewed her after the match and she said that she can't run as she want, she has pain in her left leg. She felt the pain yesterday in the doubles. She will try to give her best tomorrow but as she said: "If I want to go through, I have to play much much better".
On the other hand Roberta bitchy-Vinci said: "I lost because I was too nervous, Anastasia was ok, she didn't run when I played the drop-shots because she wasn't able to see the ball but she was ok". Well, Roberta I hope to meet you next Saturday in Rome :fiery:
Nice episode when Nastya went out from court: Clijsters (who was waiting the end of the Nastya-Vinci match to began her match) gave her a big hug and a kiss. Kim is wonderful.
I'm worried for Nastya's leg.

ARIANE 5
May 17th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Grazie mille Filippo for the story with Alex.

Come on Nastya vs Sveta. I hope a good surprise ;)

Spunky83
May 17th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Thx Filippo...hope u donīt mind, I quote your news on a-m.com.

BTW: I donīt know how important that is (or just coincidence) but Jens Gerlachīs Stuttgart tennis teamīs matches have started this week. Maybe heīs playing there?!?

Thauron
May 17th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Well, another three set win.
Typically Myskina, if you bagel someone, make it up to her by tanking the next set.

That leg injury is troubling though, I hope it is only a minor thing.

The match against Kuznetsova is something I really look forward too. Hopefully (if the leg permits it) she will play a good match.

Filippo-Nastya
May 17th, 2006, 05:05 PM

BTW: I donīt know how important that is (or just coincidence) but Jens Gerlachīs Stuttgart tennis teamīs matches have started this week. Maybe heīs playing there?!?

Don't worry Spunky, you can quote my news on a-m.com :)
Hope Nastya will feel better tomorrow but...:unsure:

cindy
May 17th, 2006, 05:07 PM

spunky, dear spunky...I see that you care about cutie-j a lot... :lol:

frenchie
May 17th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Pheww that was a hard match again!!!

Godd luck for tomorrow

Spunky83
May 17th, 2006, 05:15 PM
spunky, dear spunky...I see that you care about cutie-j a lot... :lol:

Nah actually I do want Nastya to change coaches. However I needed to make some research before I write crap on a-m.com;)

cindy
May 17th, 2006, 06:09 PM
I see...I understand a real good journalist!

Spunky83
May 17th, 2006, 06:13 PM
I see...I understand a real good journalist!

Now this makes me laugh :lol:

You know the thing is...personally I would love to see Cutie-J back (for Godīs sake I came up with that nickname!) but I guess it would help a lot for Nastya to start working with another coach. Just because you had success with someone in the past, doesnīt necessarily mean youīll succeed in the future so probably change is good.

selyoink
May 17th, 2006, 06:19 PM
I hope this leg injury business isn't serious. Maybe she was just cramping up or something.

slk45
May 17th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Glad to see Nastya came through. :yeah: But I hope she's 100% for her match against Sveta! :unsure:

KV
May 17th, 2006, 07:34 PM
At least Nastya won. :) Now vs. Sveta

iine:
May 17th, 2006, 07:38 PM
This was a weird match. :lol:
Nastya didn't play well, but she somehow won. :D

Her next match will be very interesting.:scared: I hope for god's sake that she plays much better.

Almalyk
May 17th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Everytime Nastya bagels someone in the first set, you can guarantee it's going to be a three setter.... (often a dramatic one)

Jankovic at Wimby
Likhovtseva at USO
Peschke at Kremlin Cup
Now Vinci....

At least it's a win, and I hope her leg is better too. Nastya doesn't need an injury anytime, but playing aganinst an in form Sveta would be one of the worst times to be injured.

Almalyk
May 17th, 2006, 09:40 PM
She even had a second serve Ace for the second match in a row!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

miffedmax
May 17th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Lena D. has apparently forgiven Sveta for the cough syrup incident.

I haven't.

So I hope Nastya wins BIG time. (Of course I always want Nastya to win, but I want to just pummel Sveta).

fleur137
May 17th, 2006, 11:18 PM
wow 3 sets again! nastya what the hell happened in the second set?? you were super fine when i went to sleep.....

oh well a win is a win and i hope she is OK

denine
May 17th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Nastya broke the curse! she finally won when shown on tv! :lol:

angiee3
May 17th, 2006, 11:43 PM
:lol:

frenchie
May 18th, 2006, 07:38 AM
I have no expectation for this match.
I just hope Nastya plays good tennis and doesn't get destroyed!!

fleur137
May 18th, 2006, 07:41 AM
^me too! all i hope is she gets some form and god help those second set lapses!

frenchie
May 18th, 2006, 07:50 AM
New schedule news!! :)

Nastya is planning to play in Cincinnati this year :eek:
This is a tier3, the first of the US hard court tournies. It seems she wants to play in the US this year!! :lol:

I think this is a good choice as she can win points here

Nastya is really changing her schedule this year! Please come to Luxembourg :p

Foot's Fingers
May 18th, 2006, 08:01 AM
I saw in record yesterday's match
Ohhohooooooooo.... Vinci gave so many problems to Nastya with drop shots.... And it's not even Nastya was out of gas......All cos of Nastya weak pushing...... Vinci make DS even when Nastya was serving.....

Abt the serve -- oh dear, reminds me Dementieva 2 years ago....Smtmns soooooo weak.....but then ace on second serve :eek:

And i just hope her leg is OK and not injured :hug:

Foot's Fingers
May 18th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Thursday, May 18, 2006

Pietrangeli (from 13.00hrs)
1. Dementieva vs. Groenefeld
2. Kuznetsova vs. Myskina
3. Medina Garrigues vs. Castaņo/Pennetta
4. Dechy/Groenefeld vs. Medina Garrigues/Srebotnik (after suitable rest)

Foot's Fingers
May 18th, 2006, 08:03 AM
H2H

Myskina leads 3-1
Rnk/Seed Year Event Surface Rnd Winner Score Rnk/Seed
41 / -- 2003 INDIAN WELLS HARD (O) R64 S. KUZNETSOVA 6-4 6-7(7) 6-3 11 / 7
41 / -- 2003 ROME CLAY (O) R16 A. MYSKINA 6-4 7-5 11 / 8
20 / -- 2004 DOHA HARD (O) F A. MYSKINA 4-6 6-4 6-4 7 / 3
11 / 11 2004 FRENCH OPEN CLAY (O) R16 A. MYSKINA 1-6 6-4 8-6 5 / 6

So they have not play since this very good as for result match from FO when Nastya saved 2 MP and then just went for title. And they have played in Rome 3 yrs ago ......

Hope for a good play Nastya

Almalyk
May 18th, 2006, 08:22 AM
I have no expectation for this match.
I just hope Nastya plays good tennis and doesn't get destroyed!!

I have no expectations either - I give Nastya a 10% chance of winning. I hope she makes me eat my words!! :tape: :worship:

azmad_88
May 18th, 2006, 09:14 AM
hope she can beat svetlana