PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

selyoink
Apr 12th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Yeah Davenport sucks.

Filippo-Nastya
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:00 PM
agreed. :lol: i dislike the way she serves. that smile is just freaky.

Probably she "smiles" because she already knows that her opponent will have a lot of difficulties to return :lol:

frenchie
Apr 12th, 2006, 10:06 PM
I hope Nastya is enjoying her time off and practicing very hard!!

meyerpl
Apr 12th, 2006, 11:25 PM
But letīs face it: Most men are afraid if their wives make the big money and most often people laugh about them as well. Itīs sad.
I'd love it if my wife made big money. People laugh at me already, so what the hell.

meyerpl
Apr 12th, 2006, 11:34 PM
I've given up trying to figure out what surface best suits Nastya against whom, etc. Nastya tends to to the opposite of what's expected of her, nonetheless; I think this tournament gives Nastya a tremendous opportunity.

Almalyk
Apr 13th, 2006, 12:54 AM
I hope Nastya is enjoying her time off and practicing very hard!!

I hope she is giving her serve plenty of practice. I will be annoyed if her and Jens have given up hope on it, I think she can improve it. Hingis has a much better serve than she had. I worry that her shoulder is screwed though.

Almalyk
Apr 13th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Best example: Pierre-Yves Hardenne... :lol:

No seriously, you have a good point there. Iīve just read an article a few weeks ago about the husbands of succesful women. There are three options:
1) The husband just basically ignores his wifeīs job and focuses on his own profession (example: Husband of new German cancellor Angela Merkel-he even worked when his wife got officially appointed)
2) They split up (Hollywood has a lot of examples)
3) The husband accepts his wifeīs success and doesnīt feel stupid about it (examples: Pierre-Yves and Sandy Cohen from The OC - heīs not real though)

But letīs face it: Most men are afraid if their wives make the big money and most often people laugh about them as well. Itīs sad.

Hmm... Interesting scenarios. Perhaps that's why I chose a husband instead of a wife :p I didn't want to fall into those categories. :tape:

goldenlox
Apr 13th, 2006, 04:07 PM
I hope Nastya is enjoying her time off and practicing very hard!!She has to have noticed that every tournament in the last 2 months has been won by a Russian.
It's Anastasia's turn.

Spunky83
Apr 13th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Nastya needs more shoulder strength/muscles if she ever wants to improve her serve...not concerning the speed which is ok basically but thereīs no rotation at all, she only moves her arm. Compared to the best servers, she looks like a first-time badminton player trying to hit a smash.

Spunky83
Apr 13th, 2006, 06:09 PM
I'd love it if my wife made big money. People laugh at me already, so what the hell.

I am sure nobody is laughing about you...youīre a good and nice guy, if the people in your surrounding donīt see that, they are either blind or worthless ;)

frenchie
Apr 13th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Nothing to do with tennis at all but OMG :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Demi Moore is currently acting for her new movie 5 km from my house in the city of Manom (3000 inhabitants) in a castle :banana:
And she has a room in a Hotel in Luxembourg!!!

Just incredible :worship:

martirogi
Apr 13th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Nothing to do with tennis at all but OMG :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Demi Moore is currently acting for her new movie 5 km from my house in the city of Manom (3000 inhabitants) in a castle :banana:
And she has a room in a Hotel in Luxembourg!!!

Just incredible :worship:

do you live in luxembourg? or is that in paris?

meyerpl
Apr 13th, 2006, 07:32 PM
I am sure nobody is laughing about you...youīre a good and nice guy, if the people in your surrounding donīt see that, they are either blind or worthless ;)
Mighty nice words from you, thanks! Maybe everyone is laughing with me, not at me. I shouldn't read too much into their pointing and jeering. :lol:

Your original point is an excellent one though. It just goes to show there are still a lot of double standards when it comes to men and women, some favoring men and others women. We should all try to recognize double standards when we see them and not buy into them. Double standards are inherently inaccurate and unfair, except for the one that says men who sleep around are studs and women who do the same are sluts. That one is true.

frenchie
Apr 13th, 2006, 07:36 PM
do you live in luxembourg? or is that in paris?

I live very close to Luxembourg and she's around this area ;)

martirogi
Apr 13th, 2006, 07:37 PM
I live very close to Luxembourg and she's around this area ;)

cool. im going to luxembourg this summer. it'll be great. :D

frenchie
Apr 13th, 2006, 07:44 PM
cool. im going to luxembourg this summer. it'll be great. :D

It's a rich and very very clean country :D (it won't shock you as you're swiss :lol: )
but people are too serious sometimes :tape:

martirogi
Apr 13th, 2006, 07:46 PM
It's a rich and very very clean country :D (it won't shock you as you're swiss :lol: )
but people are too serious sometimes :tape:

well im actually american :tape: but im exctied about seeing it.

frenchie
Apr 13th, 2006, 07:51 PM
well im actually american :tape: but im exctied about seeing it.

OK :lol:
You won't be disappointed with your trip anyway, especially if you like sports cars ;), banks, houses which looks like castles, and luxury shops :tape:

No seriously, enjoy your vacation because you have to see Luxembourg once in your life :bounce:

Spunky83
Apr 13th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Mighty nice words from you, thanks! Maybe everyone is laughing with me, not at me. I shouldn't read too much into their pointing and jeering. :lol:

Your original point is an excellent one though. It just goes to show there are still a lot of double standards when it comes to men and women, some favoring men and others women. We should all try to recognize double standards when we see them and not buy into them. Double standards are inherently inaccurate and unfair, except for the one that says men who sleep around are studs and women who do the same are sluts. That one is true.

Inherently inaccurate...mighty big words :worship: :lol:

Germanyīs next to Luxembourg and I have never been there :eek: The people who live there have the highest per-capita income in Europe I think.

selyoink
Apr 14th, 2006, 04:42 AM
Luxembourg is really small. That is about all I know about it. I can also place it on a map. Oh and its capital is Luxembourg. I'm so smart. ;)

selyoink
Apr 14th, 2006, 04:55 AM
So what is with the stupid new rules prohibiting avatar and signature changes unless you have a certain amount of vcash?

Almalyk
Apr 14th, 2006, 06:09 AM
I just watched Nastya's matches at the AO vs Arvidson and Patty back to back. One was Nastya playing pretty good tennis and smashing winners from all over the place. The other was a distraught and crazy playing Nastya. Horrible match, she didn't have a plan B at all. The best part of the match was Nastya's behaviour after being called on a 2nd serve foot fault... LOL - I loved it when she stamped on the line! :tape:

Summer Snow
Apr 14th, 2006, 03:48 PM
How do I get onto the 3 AM Rollercoaster!! :D :woohoo: I didn't even relaize that Myskjina had a thread! :sad:

selyoink
Apr 14th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I just watched Nastya's matches at the AO vs Arvidson and Patty back to back. One was Nastya playing pretty good tennis and smashing winners from all over the place. The other was a distraught and crazy playing Nastya. Horrible match, she didn't have a plan B at all. The best part of the match was Nastya's behaviour after being called on a 2nd serve foot fault... LOL - I loved it when she stamped on the line! :tape:

Yes those two matches are quite different from each other. I thought she played pretty well against Arvidsson. She totally dictated play and was nailing winners. That Schnyder match was just a disaster. Nastya did not look like a real tennis player in that match.

cindy
Apr 14th, 2006, 04:58 PM
So what is with the stupid new rules prohibiting avatar and signature changes unless you have a certain amount of vcash?

I think it's kind of stupid too but maybe it's a story of sponsoring you know... ;) we are like some real athlete now! :lol:

iine:
Apr 14th, 2006, 05:06 PM
How do I get onto the 3 AM Rollercoaster!! :D :woohoo: I didn't even relaize that Myskjina had a thread! :sad:
Better late than never.;) Good to have you here.:hug:

Bubba08
Apr 14th, 2006, 07:41 PM
How dared you! :o :fiery: :p :lol: This thread is the best place to be. :D

Almalyk
Apr 15th, 2006, 12:13 AM

Welcome - I told you it would be fun here ;)

angiee3
Apr 15th, 2006, 03:52 AM
welcome..!

angiee3
Apr 15th, 2006, 03:55 AM

that's just stupid... how much vcash do you need to have?

iine:
Apr 15th, 2006, 10:50 AM
that's just stupid... how much vcash do you need to have?
I agree. The new rules suck! :( I think you need 750 vCash to change your avatar. I don't know about the other things. :shrug:

Bubba08
Apr 15th, 2006, 11:04 AM
I agree. The new rules suck! :( I think you need 750 vCash to change your avatar. I don't know about the other things. :shrug:
Yep, you are true for the avy. ;)

vCash Information: http://www.wtaworld.com/vcash.php

ARIANE 5
Apr 15th, 2006, 02:41 PM
I agree with you, it's totally stupid. I'm a "new" member and it's difficult to earn many vCash if you are, like me, a poor forecaster :devil:

denine
Apr 15th, 2006, 03:10 PM
:retard: what a dumb rule. :(

angiee3
Apr 16th, 2006, 03:22 AM
the last time i made a bet was for justine henin-hardene i think it was like 150 and i basically lost it all. and she won.. and since then i haven't made a bet...
so i guess i won't be able to change my avatar anytime soon...

ARIANE 5
Apr 16th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Today Nastya boyfriends team is champion of Russia in hockey. He even scored a goal. Congratulations guy.:worship:

Article in www.rushockey.com

fleur137
Apr 17th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Today Nastya boyfriends team is champion of Russia in hockey. He even scored a goal. Congratulations guy.:worship:

Article in www.rushockey.com
congrats but i never really understood what she saw in him looks-wise. personality-wise: well i suppose we'll never know but oh well its nastya's bf and if she's happy with him then i'll just be happy knowing that!

Almalyk
Apr 17th, 2006, 05:55 AM
congrats but i never really understood what she saw in him looks-wise. personality-wise: well i suppose we'll never know but oh well its nastya's bf and if she's happy with him then i'll just be happy knowing that!

I wonder if Nastya's boyfriend gets annoyed that she travels the world with her ex-boyfriend (Jens)? I guess that would be a weird thought...

Filippo-Nastya
Apr 17th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Congrats to Aleksandr and his team for the victory of the Russian championship :bigclap:
Thanks for the link Ariane, very interesting with a lot of stats. Aleksandr has played 59 matches and has scored 14 goals in the whole season. But the thing that most impressed me is his weight (98 Kg) considering that his height is "only" 1.76 m.

P.S. This April with Nastya off court make me :yawn:

iine:
Apr 17th, 2006, 11:42 AM
P.S. This April with Nastya off court make me :yawn:

And you're definetely not the only one.

angiee3
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:35 PM
it has been so boring these days.. and we are just half way through the month.....

selyoink
Apr 18th, 2006, 12:59 AM
it has been so boring these days.. and we are just half way through the month.....

Yes it has been very boring and the next two weeks will be the most boring for me. I have no interest in FedCup unless Nastya is playing. Warsaw should be fun though since it has a great field. Hope Nastya can do well. Maybe seeing all the other Russian girls win Tier I's will get her motivated to start winning important titles again rather than a worthless Tier IV.

Almalyk
Apr 18th, 2006, 02:23 AM
Yes it has been very boring and the next two weeks will be the most boring for me. I have no interest in FedCup unless Nastya is playing. Warsaw should be fun though since it has a great field. Hope Nastya can do well. Maybe seeing all the other Russian girls win Tier I's will get her motivated to start winning important titles again rather than a worthless Tier IV.

Yeah I hope she comes up with some good surprises during the clay court season too.

She is one of the top 5 Russians. The other 4 all have Tier 1 titles in 2006 - Lena D has Tokyo, Masha:fiery: has Indian Wells, Sveta has Miami, and Nadia now has Charleston. Time for Myskina to join this group. ;)

_LuCaS_
Apr 18th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Yeah I hope she comes up with some good surprises during the clay court season too.

She is one of the top 5 Russians. The other 4 all have Tier 1 titles in 2006 - Lena D has Tokyo, Masha:fiery: has Indian Wells, Sveta has Miami, and Nadia now has Charleston. Time for Myskina to join this group. ;)
Well it can get only better considering last year's clay season. I love watching Nastya on clay, maybe because of RG, and damn I want to see her winning a match on TV for once :(

frenchie
Apr 18th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Well it can get only better considering last year's clay season. I love watching Nastya on clay, maybe because of RG, and damn I want to see her winning a match on TV for once :(

yeah :lol:
Or I want no Nastya match on ES so she wins everything :p

sinterklaasje
Apr 18th, 2006, 03:41 PM
At least you get to see her on TV. The only matches I saw the last year and a half were her 2 FC-matches vs France. I think her RG-match was also broadcasted, but I wasn't home. But I don't think I missed something, 'cause that was a sad match (though the outfit was damn hot). And the matches I saw in 2004 were all losses :lol: (Montreal vs Lichovtseva, Olympics vs Henin, ...).

I'm hoping for a good run at RG, so I can watch all her matches on French TV.

goldenlox
Apr 18th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Nastya is very competitive. With Russians winning everything for months, it has to motivate her.

angiee3
Apr 18th, 2006, 09:00 PM
yeah.. hopefully it will.. and maybe soon we'll see her winning her first tournament of the year....

Almalyk
Apr 18th, 2006, 09:39 PM
yeah.. hopefully it will.. and maybe soon we'll see her winning her first tournament of the year....

Another clay court title would be nice. She has nothing to lose until Eastbourne, so time to concentrate and play tactically.

selyoink
Apr 19th, 2006, 01:41 AM
I'll be happy with Nastya if she can defeat a top 10 player in Warsaw. Not sure if the title is within reach at the moment.

Almalyk
Apr 19th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Nastya has a bizarre clay court record. In 2003 and 2005 she can barely win a clay court match, but in 2004, she beats 5 players who reached the Top 10 that year to take the French Open title.

angiee3
Apr 19th, 2006, 02:30 AM
well nastya being so unpredictable.. nobody knows...
what we know now is that she is not in her best form but maybe she'll come from her break all pumped up and ready to win some matches. and maybe she'll surprise us all.
(that's just what i'm dreaming and hoping will happen)

fleur137
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Nastya has a bizarre clay court record. In 2003 and 2005 she can barely win a clay court match, but in 2004, she beats 5 players who reached the Top 10 that year to take the French Open title.
lol but did nothing else on clay apart from that!

Almalyk
Apr 20th, 2006, 02:39 AM
lol but did nothing else on clay apart from that!

I've decided to make no expectations for Nastya these days. I just try to enjoy every point she wins. :worship:

selyoink
Apr 20th, 2006, 03:48 AM
I've decided to make no expectations for Nastya these days. I just try to enjoy every point she wins. :worship:

I have low expectations but I'm still pissed every time she underachieves because I know she can/should be doing better.

goldenlox
Apr 20th, 2006, 03:19 PM
I want to be a fan, not an enabler.
If Anastasia is underachieving, she needs to try harder.

meyerpl
Apr 20th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I believe Nastya is trying everything she can think of, including trying to make mental adjustments and scheduling changes to try and lessen the pressure she was feeling after '04.

goldenlox
Apr 20th, 2006, 03:36 PM
She is way too good for these results. She not only won a major, she beat 5 top 10 players -
Molik, Kuznetsova, Williams, Capriati and Dementieva.
She won 2 Kremlin Cups, beating Mauresmo one year, and Davenport the next.

Anastasia would have reached #1 in 2004, but she chose to represent Russia. At Hopman Cup and every Fed Cup tie in 2004.
There are no points for those matches. Very unselfish, and very appreciated by me.

She is way too good for her current results.

cindy
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Gl...i completly gree!!!! :worship:

miffedmax
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I am still predicting Lena and Nasty domination for the remainder of 2006.

angiee3
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:26 PM
i agree with you goldenlox....

selyoink
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:35 PM
She is way too good for these results. She not only won a major, she beat 5 top 10 players -

Anastasia would have reached #1 in 2004, but she chose to represent Russia. At Hopman Cup and every Fed Cup tie in 2004.
There are no points for those matches. Very unselfish, and very appreciated by me.

Maybe she was way too good for these current results. It is possible that she hit her peak and is now on the decline. I hope that isn't the case but it is a possibility.

If things are still the same by the end of the summer then I think we will have that answer. Time is running out on her being able to establish herself as one of the elite players once again.

meyerpl
Apr 20th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Maybe she was way too good for these current results. It is possible that she hit her peak and is now on the decline. I hope that isn't the case but it is a possibility.

If things are still the same by the end of the summer then I think we will have that answer. Time is running out on her being able to establish herself as one of the elite players once again.
You are definitely more of a glass-half-empty person than a glass-half-full person. I believe if you're a sports fan, whatever team or player you have adopted as yours is the team or player you support through thick and thin. Nastya is my favorite player and will be as long as she plays, regardless of her ranking or winning percentage. It seems to me that feeling pessimistic when your player is struggling only makes a fan feel worse. Look at it this way, Nastya has already accomplished more than most professional players ever will. If Nastya never wins another tournament, which I find highly unlikely, she will retire a successful player and champion of multiple tournaments, including a grand-slam. Plus, she's not exactly over the hill at 24 years-old.
I don't enjoy it when Nastya loses any more than anyone else, but I feel worse for her than I do for myself. Nastya once said in an interview that she cries after every loss. I wish I hadn't read that, because now it breaks my heart to think her crying whenever she loses. I think about it every time she loses and then I feel like crying!
I've never felt let-down by Nastya. She is a very competitive and dedicated player who hates losing more than her fans hate to see her lose. If she falters, it's not because of a lack of effort, motivation or heart. Remember, it's effort, motivation and heart that allows Nastya to beat the odds against someone of her physical stature competing in a sport dominated by much bigger, stronger women.
Nastya a disappointment? Not in my book!

miffedmax
Apr 20th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Oh, oh, thanks for sharing the bit about crying after every loss.

Now I can be depressed too!

Almalyk
Apr 20th, 2006, 09:47 PM

These are my feelings too. Nastya isn't playing with anywhere near the same consistency as she did in 2004.

However, i'm just as much of a fan, if not more. I know that being a Nastya-fan, you have to expect the unexpected :tape: :wavey:

Spunky83
Apr 20th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Loooooooooove your last sentence meyerpl;)

Like I already said some time ago...illegal doping, thatīs the only way how Nastya would get rid of me as a fan.

I am actually eager to see how she will pull herself out of that little misery. Itīs a sport after all.

meyerpl
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to get on Selyoink's case, just trying to offer a different way of looking at things. :wavey: I understand a fan's frustration. I've been a Green Bay Packer football fan for about forty years and they went about twenty-five of those years without a winning season.

Thanks Spunky83!

Yeah Max, sorry for bringing you into my circle of grief with that revelation about Nastya crying. Not only did Nastya say she cries after every loss, she said she cries for hours,sometimes days! Imagine the worst emotional pain you've ever experienced and double it. That's what Nastya suffers through every time she loses!

Almalyk
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:29 PM

Like I already said some time ago...illegal doping, thatīs the only way how Nastya would get rid of me as a fan.

I am actually eager to see how she will pull herself out of that little misery. Itīs a sport after all.

I think we discussed this earlier too Spunky... The only way I would lose Nastya as my #1 would be through illegal doping too. She could be ranked #684 and i'd still cheer her as my top fav! :hearts:

Almalyk
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to get on Selyoink's case, just trying to offer a different way of looking at things. :wavey: I understand a fan's frustration. I've been a Green Bay Packer football fan for about forty years and they went about twenty-five of those years without a winning season.

Thanks Spunky83!

Yeah Max, sorry for bringing you into my circle of grief with that revelation about Nastya crying. Not only did Nastya say she cries after every loss, she said she cries for hours,sometimes days! Imagine the worst emotional pain you've ever experienced and double it. That's what Nastya suffers through every time she loses!

You are a great fan Meyerpl! Nastya needs a positive figure in her surroundings like you! Perhaps you should advertise your services on her offical site! ;)

Filippo-Nastya
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Great post Meyerpi, I agree with you :yeah:
Sometimes Nastya even cries before the matches. Do you remember the post-match interview after the RG final when she said that 20 minutes before the match she was crying in the locker room?

Spunky83
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Great post Meyerpi, I agree with you :yeah:
Sometimes Nastya even cries before the matches. Do you remember the post-match interview after the RG final when she said that 20 minutes before the match she was crying in the locker room?

She seems to be a full-time cryer ;)

miffedmax
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:52 PM

No, no, Nastya would have to take her worst emotional pain and double it to experience what she inflicted on me during RG '04. :bigcry:

Almalyk
Apr 21st, 2006, 05:21 AM
No, no, Nastya would have to take her worst emotional pain and double it to experience what she inflicted on me during RG '04. :bigcry:

At least Nastya is your second favourite - you had something to celebrate at least. Were you more annoyed by Sveta's victory over Lena at US Open 2004? In that match Lena was closer.

selyoink
Apr 21st, 2006, 06:06 AM
Yes I am definitely not an optimistic person. Not when it comes to Nastya anyway. And I'm not really frustrated with Nastya at the moment. I pretty much expected the season to go as it has to this point.

I think I'd still probably be Nastya fan even if she got banned for doping. If it happened I would assume so many people would hate her that it would make me like her even more. Usually when the media and everyone else hates an athlete it turns me into a fan of said athlete. Kobe Bryant comes to mind, used to hate him but now that so many people bash him he is one of my favorite NBA players.

selyoink
Apr 21st, 2006, 06:09 AM
At least Nastya is your second favourite - you had something to celebrate at least. Were you more annoyed by Sveta's victory over Lena at US Open 2004? In that match Lena was closer.

I would have been more annoyed at the loss to Sveta. She never had a chance against Nastya since she played as bad as possible. That match was in doubt for all of about 3 games. With the loss to Kuznetsova it was closer and if Lena could win that 2nd set who knows what may happen.

Closer losses always bother me more than blowout losses.

cindy
Apr 21st, 2006, 10:19 AM

do you realy think that this sweet lil creature can do that?? when I see how big are her arms I don't believe it! ;) btw if one day she does it I think i'll be desapointed but I'll still be a fan of her for my part

miffedmax
Apr 21st, 2006, 02:58 PM

Lena was also hurt and totally gassed in the U.S. Open final. So I was very proud of how hard she fought and kept it close.

RG was more painful for me because I know it's the title Lena wants most, she was fit and playing well in her previous matches and basically she just went out and humiliated herself in one of the worst GS finals I've ever seen. It was just so painful to watch that for me, as an ED fan, it really didn't matter who was on the other side of the net. I'm not saying that Nastya didn't deserve to win, but let's face it I could have beaten Lena the way she played that day.

Honestly, I wasn't really able to celebrate the fact that my second fave won a GS until after Lena made it to the US Open finals. I thought her performances to reach the finals and her performance in the final redeemed her French disaster. Although I do remember thinking even during the FO that if Lena had to lose, at least it would be to Msykina.

But I still want a rematch. Hopefully this year!

meyerpl
Apr 21st, 2006, 09:02 PM
Yes I am definitely not an optimistic person. Not when it comes to Nastya anyway. And I'm not really frustrated with Nastya at the moment. I pretty much expected the season to go as it has to this point.
Everyone is a fan in their own way. I have friends who are Packer fans who tend to be pessimistic. In their words, the Packers always "suck" unless they win the Super Bowl. I've always felt sorry for pessimistic fans, but maybe I have it all wrong. If you have low expectations, you can't be disappointed.
Anyway, you're a good loyal fan.

meyerpl
Apr 21st, 2006, 09:07 PM
I feel your pain, brother. I haven't drawn a sober breath since the semi-final match between Nastya and Henin-Hardenne in the '04 Olympics. My shotgun still has chap-stick around the end of the barrel from that night.

miffedmax
Apr 21st, 2006, 09:37 PM
I feel your pain, brother. I haven't drawn a sober breath since the semi-final match between Nastya and Henin-Hardenne in the '04 Olympics. My shotgun still has chap-stick around the end of the barrel from that night.

I have this recurring nightmare. It's the U.S. Open Final, and it's been a grueling match--7-6, 6-7 and we're in the third set tiebreaker. Lena is is up 6-5. Her opponent hits a deep but soft shot that takes a high bounce. Lena is ready for it though, and the ball hanging there, ready for her to just destroy it with a perfect overhead, when Steve Bartman hangs out over the wall and . . .

selyoink
Apr 22nd, 2006, 06:38 AM
Everyone is a fan in their own way. I have friends who are Packer fans who tend to be pessimistic. In their words, the Packers always "suck" unless they win the Super Bowl. I've always felt sorry for pessimistic fans, but maybe I have it all wrong. If you have low expectations, you can't be disappointed.
Anyway, you're a good loyal fan.

Precisely, I am rarely disappointed. :lol:

selyoink
Apr 22nd, 2006, 06:43 AM
I have this recurring nightmare. It's the U.S. Open Final, and it's been a grueling match--7-6, 6-7 and we're in the third set tiebreaker. Lena is is up 6-5. Her opponent hits a deep but soft shot that takes a high bounce. Lena is ready for it though, and the ball hanging there, ready for her to just destroy it with a perfect overhead, when Steve Bartman hangs out over the wall and . . .

How about she has gone back to the bangs and they get in her eyes and she swings and misses.

cindy
Apr 23rd, 2006, 04:24 PM
russia is loosing....is this me or nastya is a real talisman for russia...sometimes I think that if she was with the russian team things would have been diferent...anyway...it's her choice...I hope it will help her in her personal career cause it's not helping russia at all...

ARIANE 5
Apr 23rd, 2006, 05:02 PM
It's not Nastya fault if Russia lost today.

Why Petrova didn't play today ? Why Kirilenlo and not Safina ? If Nastya didn't play the Fedcup this year, she must have her reasons.

Russian team next year = Sharapova and Nastya :lol:

selyoink
Apr 23rd, 2006, 05:12 PM
If Nastya had played things would have been no different. I wouldn't like her chances against Clijsters or Henin-Hardenne right now.

Bubba08
Apr 23rd, 2006, 05:40 PM
I hope that Nastya wasn't in the stands to support Russia against Belgium, it had to be depressing over there for a Russian.

kristen
Apr 23rd, 2006, 05:47 PM
Russian team next year = Sharapova and Nastya :lol:

NO~~should Lena and Nastya:lol:

goldenlox
Apr 23rd, 2006, 05:52 PM
russia is loosing....is this me or nastya is a real talisman for russia...sometimes I think that if she was with the russian team things would have been diferent...anyway...it's her choice...I hope it will help her in her personal career cause it's not helping russia at all...Myskina can't be expected to be at EVERY tie, while Sharapova never shows up.
Myskina has been great for Russian Fed Cup.
Once in a while, she needs a break.

kristen
Apr 23rd, 2006, 05:58 PM
I hope see her in fedcup next year~~
such as goldenlox said " she is fedcup heroine " and Lena

goldenlox
Apr 23rd, 2006, 07:28 PM
It's time for Nastya to stop vacationing and start playing tennis
http://img170.exs.cx/img170/6117/3306706rs.jpg

_LuCaS_
Apr 23rd, 2006, 10:27 PM
It's sad to see Russia losing so early after 2 consecutive titles. Where are you Nastya, former RG champ? :sad:

Almalyk
Apr 24th, 2006, 12:22 AM

I bet she has been on vacation too. Probably al ittle too much. I hope she has been training on clay courts too. I want something to cheer about in the clay season. I want this forum to be alive with excitement like 2004! :wavey:

Filippo-Nastya
Apr 24th, 2006, 12:26 AM
I want to see Russia with Nastya and Lena in singles next July in the play-off.
I'm very sad that Russia has lost to Belgium, I was hoping for a final Italy-Russia :sad:

ys
Apr 24th, 2006, 12:54 AM

Beautiful.

Almalyk
Apr 24th, 2006, 09:10 AM
What a long time it has been without Nastya playing... Almost like the end of the season all over again.

Is it just me, or is it that whenever Nastya isn't playing, it is very hard to find out where she is and what she is doing. Other players seem more visible in their breaks, but Nastya seems to almost disappear.

denine
Apr 24th, 2006, 09:58 AM
This is getting wayyyy boring... and when warsaw starts, i'll be having three weeks of exams. :rolleyes:

Almalyk
Apr 24th, 2006, 11:01 AM
This is getting wayyyy boring... and when warsaw starts, i'll be having three weeks of exams. :rolleyes:

Typical isn't it!? Like when I finally get TV coverage (besides AO) it's the middle of the night or early morning, and I can't stay up all night hoping for a glimpse of Nastya. Although if she decides to run deep in a GS this year I might.

frenchie
Apr 24th, 2006, 11:12 AM
I'll be on holydays (at home) during Warsaw so I hope Nastya will go far in the draw so I can see her on TV!

BTW I went to fed cup this Week end to see France-Italy
I had great fun but I would have prefered to see Belgium/Russia with Nastya playing of course ;)

I'm not a fan of french players but Flavia Pennetta has a new fan since this week end. She reminds me Nastya a lot :hearts:

miffedmax
Apr 24th, 2006, 02:42 PM
This may sound lame, and I commented on it in one of the ED threads, but I really noticed that Lena D. looked way too serious in a lot of the photos, so different from last year when her and Nastya were cutting up and kidding around in so many photos. ED is know for having a sense of humor, and Nastya seems to be funny (sometimes on purpose, sometimes just from being Nastya, which is part of her charm). Maybe the reason ED did so well in Paris is that Nastya helped her keep loose?

I know with women's teams chemistry is even more important than skills. I just never sensed that this team came together. Hopefully Nastya and ED will team up again to keep Russia in the top group.

goldenlox
Apr 24th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Warsaw is coming up incredibly tough.
I wish she went to Belgium.

Spunky83
Apr 24th, 2006, 06:17 PM
This may sound lame, and I commented on it in one of the ED threads, but I really noticed that Lena D. looked way too serious in a lot of the photos, so different from last year when her and Nastya were cutting up and kidding around in so many photos. ED is know for having a sense of humor, and Nastya seems to be funny (sometimes on purpose, sometimes just from being Nastya, which is part of her charm). Maybe the reason ED did so well in Paris is that Nastya helped her keep loose?

I know with women's teams chemistry is even more important than skills. I just never sensed that this team came together. Hopefully Nastya and ED will team up again to keep Russia in the top group.

Donīt worry...she really looked quite sad and disappointed yesterday after the loss. But when she talked to the Russian journalists she laughed pretty often and her hair is really shiny (as I donīt get Russian, I needed something else to concentrate on) :eek: :lol:

However, I would have really loved to see Nastya playing there...everyone knows sheīs much much better when it comes to team competition.

Filippo-Nastya
Apr 24th, 2006, 10:13 PM
However, I would have really loved to see Nastya playing there...everyone knows sheīs much much better when it comes to team competition.

You are right. For sure she would have had more chances than Kirilenko of winning against Kim.
It's unbelievable! Until to a short time ago everybody said that Kim and Justine would have not played together in Fed Cup but, at the end, it was Russia that has not played the tie with her best players. In place of Tarpischev I would have forced Nastya and Svetlana to play vs Belgium.

selyoink
Apr 24th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Did anyone else know that there is a forum for Anca Barna on this site called Amazing Athletic Anca Barna?

meyerpl
Apr 24th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Spunky, I'm glad to hear you got the press-pass and made it on Sunday. I watched some of the action on the Tennis Channel and was looking for you on Sunday, but no luck there. Next time, do something outrageous and make a spectacle of yourself so we can all see you on T.V.

miffedmax
Apr 24th, 2006, 11:23 PM
What do you mean? I'm sure is what Spunky's constant coughing on every one of ED's service toss that caused her to lose to JHH so badly! ;p

Spunky83
Apr 24th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Spunky, I'm glad to hear you got the press-pass and made it on Sunday. I watched some of the action on the Tennis Channel and was looking for you on Sunday, but no luck there. Next time, do something outrageous and make a spectacle of yourself so we can all see you on T.V.

:lol: yeah...the good thing is that they never ever show any journalists on tv. I mean you are not allowed to cheer or do some other īoutrageousī things, plus 90% of the journalists are male so the camera probably wonīt show them;)

It was already hilarious enough that sinterklaasje found me :D

meyerpl
Apr 24th, 2006, 11:30 PM
What do you mean? I'm sure is what Spunky's constant coughing on every one of ED's service toss that caused her to lose to JHH so badly! ;p
:haha: :haha:

meyerpl
Apr 24th, 2006, 11:34 PM
:lol: yeah...the good thing is that they never ever show any journalists on tv. I mean you are not allowed to cheer or do some other īoutrageousī things, plus 90% of the journalists are male so the camera probably wonīt show them;)

It was already hilarious enough that sinterklaasje found me :D
Would you be allowed to excuse yourself from the area reserved for the press, streak across the court between games, and return to your seat after putting your clothes back on?

Spunky83
Apr 25th, 2006, 12:29 AM

Yeah, didnīt you notice how many of the important breakpoints were due to double faults of Elena in the match vs. Justine? Hmmm... :cool: :lol:

_LuCaS_
Apr 25th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Did anyone else know that there is a forum for Anca Barna on this site called Amazing Athletic Anca Barna?
:o

miffedmax
Apr 25th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Yeah, didnīt you notice how many of the important breakpoints were due to double faults of Elena in the match vs. Justine? Hmmm... :cool: :lol:

Yes, and there were reports of a blonde doll dressed in Yonex togs and stuck full of pins being found in the journalists' area . . .:eek: :lol:

goldenlox
Apr 25th, 2006, 03:39 PM

It was already hilarious enough that sinterklaasje found me :DWhat do you think really happened with Nadia?
And is she out of Berlin?
Anastasia should have been there.
She could have played Kim.

cindy
Apr 25th, 2006, 05:25 PM
What do you think really happened with Nadia?

GL...I thought that you told me that nastya could not be there EVERY time... :rolleyes: ;) ...btw I agree she should have been there for this one...maybe not every one but this one was important

spunky....aren't you too young to be a journalist???????? anyway I'm happy for you that you get this pass...for spunky :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Spunky83
Apr 25th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Yes, and there were reports of a blonde doll dressed in Yonex togs and stuck full of pins being found in the journalists' area . . .:eek: :lol:

:lol: Wasnīt me...I have always liked Scully more than Mulder

What do you think really happened with Nadia?

I can only repeat what Elena told us after her match on Sunday when someone asked her if she knew what happened to Nadia and whose choice it was. Elena was pretty reserved about it. She was sad and looked down a lot during the conference but I think it was because of a mobile phone she had under the table. However when the question came up everyone in the room knew that she wasnīt really fond about that late replacement. Elena said it was a decision solely made by Nadia and she didnīt know the reason why Nadia wouldnīt want to play. It was funny cause when she said that, her eyes rolled up to the upper right side. Another journalist asked if it was maybe due to tiredness and Elena just mumbled "yeah, maybe, think so, donīt know" adding a shrug.

Maybe it was just because of their overall loss but I am sure everyone in the room felt that Elena was severely disappointed by Nadiaīs decision. Iīve seen Nadia plenty after the single matches, she was clad in a normal shirt and fooled around with a Russian journalist, sitting three seats away from me during the doubles instead of joining her team. If her name wasnīt Nadia, I would have asked her to please shut up cause her constant laughing and joking around was pretty loud. She seemed like the happiest person on earth, even partying along with the crowd during changeovers, dancing to YMCA and even doing the motions (oh, I should have captured that!). All the journalists were constantly looking at her in surprise. I am not judging her but thatīs what I have seen. I am sure if it has been Nastya, she would have taken out her hat (the infamous bob) and went down to the team.

Mobile cams are really useful sometimes :tape:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6677/ad407xs.jpg

Nadia remained there until the very last games in the second set. She went down and joined the others.

I have no idea if Nadia plays Berlin. The homepage was last updated April 20th and she was still on the list. However according to the list of top players commitments on the WTA site, sheīs not playing.

Spunky83
Apr 25th, 2006, 05:36 PM
GL...I thought that you told me that nastya could not be there EVERY time... :rolleyes: ;) ...btw I agree she should have been there for this one...maybe not every one but this one was important

spunky....aren't you too young to be a journalist???????? anyway I'm happy for you that you get this pass...for spunky :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

No matter what, I am always the youngest, the most Asian and of the rare females there.I wouldnīt consider myself as that super young though. I am 23, itīs time for me to think about earning some good money :o

martirogi
Apr 25th, 2006, 05:48 PM
No matter what, I am always the youngest, the most Asian and of the rare females there.I wouldnīt consider myself as that super young though. I am 23, itīs time for me to think about earning some good money :o

are you gonna try to be a tennis journalist? or maybe just a journalist who occasionally does a tennis story?

either way its a really cool career and nastya fans are lucky to have you.

Spunky83
Apr 25th, 2006, 05:56 PM
are you gonna try to be a tennis journalist? or maybe just a journalist who occasionally does a tennis story?

either way its a really cool career and nastya fans are lucky to have you.

I donīt know...I want to make an internship next year for some sports/tennis magazine after my work at the tv station is done. However, I have a BA degree in media science and now doing my master in mediacultural-analysis. Itīs either print journalism or tv.

Sports journalists are not really paid that much unless youīre a real big fish but well at least itīs a nice thing to do.

I wanted to become a medical doctor when I was a kid :tape:

cindy
Apr 25th, 2006, 06:13 PM
you are right...23 it's okay to get a job...I hope you'll be as great as your deat matt croning! ;)

Almalyk
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:11 PM
you are right...23 it's okay to get a job...I hope you'll be as great as your deat matt croning! ;)

Spunky loves Cronin, i'm not so sure that Nastya does though!

I really like his style too. :worship:

Spunky83
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Spunky loves Cronin, i'm not so sure that Nastya does though!

I really like his style too. :worship:

The day I see him, I will attack him with a bearhug :lol:

Despite the fact that it was Cronin who found out about Nastyaīs mumīs exact illness, he was also one of the few journalists and still is who considers Nastya as a top player. I actually have the feeling he likes her pretty much.

Almalyk
Apr 25th, 2006, 11:50 PM
The day I see him, I will attack him with a bearhug :lol:

Despite the fact that it was Cronin who found out about Nastyaīs mumīs exact illness, he was also one of the few journalists and still is who considers Nastya as a top player. I actually have the feeling he likes her pretty much.

I get the feeling he likes her a lot too. In that last article he wrote about Sharapova:fiery: /Nastya:angel: trying to get back to the top of the game, he could have chosen another player like Kuznetsova, but instead chose Nastya.

He has always said positive things about Nastya - perhaps that's a reason why I like him.

kristen
Apr 26th, 2006, 07:11 AM
I want to see Russia with Nastya and Lena in singles next July in the play-off.

me too~~

frenchie
Apr 26th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I hope Nastya has a good draw at Warsaw :angel:
which means no Hingis in the first two rounds :cool:

goldenlox
Apr 26th, 2006, 04:22 PM
The draw will be tough for everyone.
Each tournament since March has been won by a Russian
Nastya needs to join the group

Almalyk
Apr 26th, 2006, 09:57 PM
I think this tournament will be very interesting. It's the first red clay event, and it's a chance to see how every player handles the new surface.

I hope Nastya has made the transition in training already, and she is pumped to play well.

selyoink
Apr 26th, 2006, 11:19 PM
What seed is Nastya going to be?

I am not looking forward to this tournament at all. I fear what Nastya is capable of on clay. Both good and bad.

On the bright side with her back in action we should be getting some nice pictures. A month without any new pictures of Nastya is too long.

martirogi
Apr 26th, 2006, 11:38 PM
i wonder what nastya's new outfit will be. :hearts:

what's if its the ugliest thing she's ever worn. :lol:
i want a pink and brown striped top with one long orange sleeve and a skirt that is half green plaid and half plain white. red socks with black puppy faces that are knee high and new age backless tennis shoes. :hearts:

martirogi
Apr 26th, 2006, 11:43 PM
or instead she can wear this: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageWANIKE-NWSUPBT.html

angiee3
Apr 27th, 2006, 12:21 AM
probably even that would look good on nastya... :lol: but i rather not see her wearing that....

Almalyk
Apr 27th, 2006, 02:40 AM
What seed is Nastya going to be?

I am not looking forward to this tournament at all. I fear what Nastya is capable of on clay. Both good and bad.

On the bright side with her back in action we should be getting some nice pictures. A month without any new pictures of Nastya is too long.

I agree about the new pictures. But I certainly want happy pics with Nastya celebrating. I don't want dejected style ones. :angel:

Almalyk
Apr 27th, 2006, 02:41 AM

i want a pink and brown striped top with one long orange sleeve and a skirt that is half green plaid and half plain white. red socks with black puppy faces that are knee high and new age backless tennis shoes. :hearts:

I don't think even Nastya could pull that one off. Unless perhaps she pulled the red socks right up to her knees :rocker: :bigclap: :banana: .

martirogi
Apr 27th, 2006, 05:31 AM
I don't think even Nastya could pull that one off. Unless perhaps she pulled the red socks right up to her knees :rocker: :bigclap: :banana: .

hola :wavey:

Almalyk
Apr 27th, 2006, 08:51 AM
hola :wavey:

Kia Ora Martirogi. :kiss:
Are we ready to nervously follow Nastya's matches again :scared:

denine
Apr 27th, 2006, 02:08 PM
I have a feeling its gonna be a good clay season for her! :D

frenchie
Apr 27th, 2006, 03:58 PM
I have a feeling its gonna be a good clay season for her! :D

I have an opposite feeling :tape:

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 27th, 2006, 04:18 PM
I have an opposite feeling :tape:

it cant be worse than last yr though :sad: :sad:

i'm sure it wont be.

martirogi
Apr 27th, 2006, 04:18 PM
how about she wins warsaw, loses qf of rome, loses final of istanbul, loses 1st round roland garros.

Bubba08
Apr 27th, 2006, 04:27 PM
The past weeks of tennis were so boring, I don't even care if she sucks and looses her first matchs, I just want to see her again. :hearts:
(some wins would be nice though)

Spunky83
Apr 27th, 2006, 05:13 PM
how about she wins warsaw, loses qf of rome, loses final of istanbul, loses 1st round roland garros.

Iīd rather see her losing first rounds and then winning Roland Garros;)

goldenlox
Apr 27th, 2006, 05:17 PM
One tournament really doesn't matter. Doing well at the majors, and getting back into the top 10 - matter.

selyoink
Apr 27th, 2006, 06:03 PM

I concur. Losing first round of Roland Garros would make all prior tournaments worthless even if she won them all.

Slams are where a player needs to demonstrate their best tennis.

selyoink
Apr 27th, 2006, 06:05 PM

Maybe she should consult with Bethanie Mattek on what to wear. That girl plays in crazy outfits.

Spunky83
Apr 27th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I concur. Losing first round of Roland Garros would make all prior tournaments worthless even if she won them all.

Slams are where a player needs to demonstrate their best tennis.

Hehe...I remember Momo winning Berlin and Rome, two Tier-I titles back to back 2004 and everyone was talking about her and then she crashed out in Parisī quarters

Spunky83
Apr 27th, 2006, 07:00 PM

Whatever Hantuchova will wear, Nastya will wear the same.

Is it some kind of Nike-policy to have those two dress the same at every tourney?

frenchie
Apr 27th, 2006, 07:17 PM

Is it some kind of Nike-policy to have those two dress the same at every tourney?

:hearts:
but what those two wear is always great (loved the AO 2006 outfit)

Filippo-Nastya
Apr 27th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Hehe...I remember Momo winning Berlin and Rome, two Tier-I titles back to back 2004 and everyone was talking about her and then she crashed out in Parisī quarters

RG 2004 QF, wonderful memories :bounce:
About that day, my predictions were: Sharapova beats Suarez, Momo bt Lena, Serena bt Jennifer and Venus bt Nastya. I wasn't confident at all about Nastya's possibilities to reach the semis because she had never done it before and then she had spent a lot of energies vs Svetlana in the previous match.
Luckily I was wrong, it was the beginning of a great week for Nastya...

iine:
Apr 27th, 2006, 07:50 PM

Soo true! :lol: Well, their both hotties and they both know what looks hott on them.:D

Almalyk
Apr 27th, 2006, 09:40 PM

This of course is the dream scenario from 2004 over again. And i'm with you on that one ;) I'd like Nastya to win RG and a clay title beforehand. Mind you, i'd love Nastya to win every title remaining in 2006. :hearts:

Almalyk
Apr 27th, 2006, 09:41 PM
:hearts:
but what those two wear is always great (loved the AO 2006 outfit)

They always look beautiful. They surely looked al ot sexier than Sharapova :fiery: :devil: :mad: :rolleyes: who was wearing a maternity dress.

Spunky83
Apr 27th, 2006, 10:56 PM
They always look beautiful. They surely looked al ot sexier than Sharapova :fiery: :devil: :mad: :rolleyes: who was wearing a maternity dress.

Actually these dresses which resemble maternity dresses were so popular lately (in real life). I donīt get the hype cause due to the design of those cut right under the breasts, the women always look pregnant!

Apparently, I am ranting about some dresses :rolleyes: :lol:

Almalyk
Apr 27th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Actually these dresses which resemble maternity dresses were so popular lately (in real life). I donīt get the hype cause due to the design of those cut right under the breasts, the women always look pregnant!

Apparently, I am ranting about some dresses :rolleyes: :lol:

Well I don't want to see Nastya in one of these pungent outfits. I prefer her in shorts anyway. :hearts:

Spunky I doubt you wear one! But I really hope you don't too :p :kiss:

denine
Apr 27th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Yesterday i was watching some tennis show on Star Sports. and there was this part on how it was like being a coach. they interviewed some players about coaches etc.., and nastya was one of them :)

Almalyk
Apr 27th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Yesterday i was watching some tennis show on Star Sports. and there was this part on how it was like being a coach. they interviewed some players about coaches etc.., and nastya was one of them :)

What did she have to say about Jens?

He's a $#@%ing asshole?

denine
Apr 28th, 2006, 08:28 AM
What did she have to say about Jens?

He's a $#@%ing asshole?
:lol: she didnt talk bout jens. i cant really rmb actually :o something bout how coaches should understand that players have their bad days.. :confused:

cindy
Apr 28th, 2006, 09:59 AM
she talked about something jens must understand that's true! especially because when she has a bad day everything seams to be HIS fault!

Spunky83
Apr 28th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Guys, you have to read this... :lol:

http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/index1.php?id=823

Nastya and Nicolas Kiefer...now thatīs a match made in heaven...omg, what the hell was the magazine thinking?

Filippo-Nastya
Apr 28th, 2006, 03:18 PM

Nastya and Nicolas Kiefer...now thatīs a match made in heaven...omg, what the hell was the magazine thinking?

:lol: :rolls: :haha:

iine:
Apr 28th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Totally insane!:cuckoo: :lol:

denine
Apr 28th, 2006, 03:59 PM
nastya and kiefer.. EW. :tape:

martirogi
Apr 28th, 2006, 04:07 PM
she better not be hitting that. :mad:

go with coria or feli or andreev :yeah:

sinterklaasje
Apr 28th, 2006, 04:36 PM
:spit:
good one :rolls:
c'mon Nastya, there's better on the ATP-side than Kiefer :lol:
isn't she dating her icehockey-guy already 2-3 years? I think those German publishers need to check their information sources, cause they're not really up to date :lol:

Almalyk
Apr 28th, 2006, 09:34 PM

LOL - that's so funny! :lol: :tape:

miffedmax
Apr 28th, 2006, 09:53 PM
I think Nastya just enjoys a bit of harmless flirting now and then.

selyoink
Apr 29th, 2006, 03:08 AM
I think Nastya and Kiefer together makes perfect sense. Both are a little on the crazy side. Nastya always screaming and throwing rackets. Kiefer throwing rackets during points and complaining about every call.

The only match that makes more sense is Nastya and Marat Safin.

denine
Apr 29th, 2006, 05:21 AM
The only match that makes more sense is Nastya and Marat Safin.
now this pair i wouldn't mind ;) :lol:

iine:
Apr 29th, 2006, 10:33 AM
now this pair i wouldn't mind ;) :lol:
Me neither!:D If Nastya has a love relationship with a tennis player, then it should be Safin. :D :lol:

Almalyk
Apr 29th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Nastya's quarter is pretty much the best she could have hoped for in Warsaw. A Dementieva QF. So in my opinion she has a 50/50 chance of winning that match
(if she progresses that far). At least she avoided Hingis early in the draw. If she passes Dementieva, she would probably face Clijster's in QF.

Nastya, I wish you a good first clay tourny for 2006. Please start well!

Dementieva -bye
Hantuchova vs. q
Koukalova vs. Benesova
A.Radwnska vs. Myskina

goldenlox
Apr 29th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Very good draw. It's time for Anastasia to win matches and build her confidence up.

Bubba08
Apr 29th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Yeah, it is a good draw. Fingers crossed that she used parts of her time off the competition for training on the red clay. :D :confused:
Btw, King Taniwha if she passes Dementieva it is in the semifinals that she could face Clijsters.

iine:
Apr 29th, 2006, 03:37 PM
I hope Nastya can go far. :D I wanna see another weird Myskina-Dementieva encouter. ;)

Good luck, Nastya!:woohoo:

denine
Apr 29th, 2006, 03:39 PM
i like the draw! :D Good luck nastya!

selyoink
Apr 29th, 2006, 04:54 PM
I like the draw as well. On paper Nastya should have no trouble at all getting to Lena.

However it also has a huge disaster scenario. If Nastya loses to the Radwanska girl this place will turn into an old folks home with all of us just resigned to our deaths.

Please Nastya don't lose to Radwanska.

martirogi
Apr 29th, 2006, 05:43 PM
I like the draw as well. On paper Nastya should have no trouble at all getting to Lena.

However it also has a huge disaster scenario. If Nastya loses to the Radwanska girl this place will turn into an old folks home with all of us just resigned to our deaths.

:lol: reserved to our deaths. it sounds very literary. are you gabriel garcia marquez?

Pszczelny
Apr 29th, 2006, 07:09 PM

she won't, but would be nice if she gave one set to Aga :p

Filippo-Nastya
Apr 29th, 2006, 09:35 PM
It's a good draw for Nastya, I think she can go far in this tournament. I would like to see her winning for the first time vs a top 10 in 2006 (sorry Lena :lol: ).
Gooo Nastya :kiss:

Almalyk
Apr 30th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Yeah, it is a good draw. Fingers crossed that she used parts of her time off the competition for training on the red clay. :D :confused:
Btw, King Taniwha if she passes Dementieva it is in the semifinals that she could face Clijsters.

Ooops... yep that's what I meant.
Dementieva and Nastya seem to often end up in the same quarter. :tape:
When was the last time Nastya played Hantuchova? She's in that area of the draw too.

iine:
Apr 30th, 2006, 09:18 AM
When was the last time Nastya played Hantuchova? She's in that area of the draw too.
Nastya leads the head2head 2-0
The last time they played was in 2002. It was in Eastbourne on grass and Nastya won it 62 61.
If they meet in the quarters, i think Nastya will win. I mean Hantuchova on clay... :tape: (sorry Dani:hug: )

Almalyk
Apr 30th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Nastya leads the head2head 2-0
The last time they played was in 2002. It was in Eastbourne on grass and Nastya won it 62 61.
If they meet in the quarters, i think Nastya will win. I mean Hantuchova on clay... :tape: (sorry Dani:hug: )

So they haven't played in nearly 4 years... IMO that is a long time for 2 players who have spent a long time on the top 20 to go without playing each other... And it's a shame, especially since they are both :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

frenchie
Apr 30th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Hey I just discovered the draw and I like it!!!
She should reach the quaters with no soucy, and the match against Lena is 50/50!

Time to win matches

Almalyk
Apr 30th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Hey I just discovered the draw and I like it!!!
She should reach the quaters with no soucy, and the match against Lena is 50/50!

Time to win matches

I totally agree with you. However, i'm still going to be terrified before she plays every match. :wavey:

Almalyk
Apr 30th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Doubles Draw:

Nastya plays with Lena L!

(1.) Huber Liezel (RSA) / Navratilova Martina (USA) vs.
Ivanović Ana (SCG) / Kirilenko maria (RUS)

Benesova Iveta (CZE)/krajicek Michaella (NED) vs.
Domachowska Marta (POL) / Husarova Janette (SVK)

(3) Likhovtseva Elena (RUS) / Myskina Anastasia (RUS) vs.
Qualifier / Qualifier

Jans Klaudia (POL) / Rosolska Alicja (POL) vs.
Jankovic Jelena (SCG) / Krizan Tina (SLO)

Navratilova Gabriela (CZE) / Pastikova Michaela (CZE) vs.
Muller Martina (GER) / Perebiynis Tatiana (UKR)

Tu Meilen (USA) / Vanc Andreea (ROM) vs.
(4.)Dementieva Elena (RUS)/ Woskoboeva Galina (RUS)

Klemenschits Daniela (AUT) / Klemenschits S. (AUT) vs.
Hradecka Lucie (CZE) / Uhlirova Vladimira (CZE)

Kosinska Karolina (POL) / Radwanska Agnieszka (POL) vs.
(2.)Medina Garrigues Anabel (ESP)/Srebotnik K. (SLO)

martirogi
Apr 30th, 2006, 10:02 PM
i wish she'd play with demen or hantu.

y isnt hantu playing doubles. :confused:

Almalyk
Apr 30th, 2006, 10:22 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=233340

Pics of Nastya training in Warsaw.
Still hasn't cut the hair.
Nastya should really be creful where she places the tennis balls while she is training too :tape: :lol:

Bubba08
Apr 30th, 2006, 11:49 PM

Nastya should really be creful where she places the tennis balls while she is training too :tape: :lol:
Perhaps she has a little secret. :confused: :p

frenchie
May 1st, 2006, 12:24 AM

:lol: :lol:
BTW does anybody knows If Olga will be at the tournament? :confused:

selyoink
May 1st, 2006, 12:47 AM
Perhaps she has a little secret. :confused: :p

It looks that way :lol:

fleur137
May 1st, 2006, 02:41 AM

LMAO!

cindy
May 1st, 2006, 11:48 AM
i wish she'd play with demen or hantu.

y isnt hantu playing doubles. :confused:

well this would have been great too but for my part I'm sooooooooooo happy that she plays again with likho! thx nastya!!!! I hope that they'll have better result that their last result in double...for lena as for nastya it has been 1rst round almost everytime...good luck girls!!!

frenchie
May 1st, 2006, 07:23 PM
Nastya plays first on center court at 11am
It should be a practice round against a player ranked around 300! well I hope :unsure:

iine:
May 1st, 2006, 09:33 PM
Nastya shouldn't have any problems tomorrow. :yeah: And if she loses tomorrow's match, then that would be something really to worry.:scared: But i don't think that will happen.:D

Good luck, Nastya!:rocker2:

Almalyk
May 1st, 2006, 09:34 PM
Good luck Nastya :kiss:

Bubba08
May 1st, 2006, 09:51 PM
Don't underestimate A. Radwańska, she won the junior Wimbledon last year and Nastya hasn't played since a month.:shrug: Hopefully she won't be surprised.
Tomorrow will be a busy day for her with the singles and the doubles matches.
Go Nastya! :bounce:

miffedmax
May 1st, 2006, 10:24 PM
I just hoping for plenty of trash-talking in a few days ('cause it means both the girls are winning).

sinterklaasje
May 1st, 2006, 10:31 PM
It's rollercoaster time !!
Finally, 1 month without tennis (well, without Nastya playing) is way too long.
Please fasten your seat belts, the clay season has started :cool:

denine
May 1st, 2006, 11:15 PM
Good luck! :)

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 12:25 AM
Don't underestimate A. Radwańska, she won the junior Wimbledon last year and Nastya hasn't played since a month.:shrug: Hopefully she won't be surprised.
Tomorrow will be a busy day for her with the singles and the doubles matches.
Go Nastya! :bounce:

I hope she at least plays her singles match. She may be one of the only players who does as it's 80% chance of rain :(

selyoink
May 2nd, 2006, 01:00 AM
I better not get back from my morning classes and learned that Nastya lost. That would be quite humiliating.

She should win 6-1, 6-1 or some scoreline like that. I hope she is ready.

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 01:22 AM
I better not get back from my morning classes and learned that Nastya lost. That would be quite humiliating.

She should win 6-1, 6-1 or some scoreline like that. I hope she is ready.

I'll just be satisfied with a straight sets win. And her first European Clay Court win since she lifted the RG title.

selyoink
May 2nd, 2006, 05:39 AM
I'll just be satisfied with a straight sets win. And her first European Clay Court win since she lifted the RG title.

Thats kind of sad that she hasn't won on red clay since hoisting the Roland Garros trophy. I'll be happy so long as she wins. A straight sets annihilation would be preferable but I'll take any win. Fortunately Nastya hasn't been having too much trouble with players ranked below her this year.

If she loses I'll probably just laugh and wish she waited another week to start playing again.

martirogi
May 2nd, 2006, 06:00 AM
she'll win, but i wouldnt be surprised if she lost the first set. :cool:

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 07:45 AM
Thats kind of sad that she hasn't won on red clay since hoisting the Roland Garros trophy. I'll be happy so long as she wins. A straight sets annihilation would be preferable but I'll take any win. Fortunately Nastya hasn't been having too much trouble with players ranked below her this year.

If she loses I'll probably just laugh and wish she waited another week to start playing again.

In 2 1/4 hours the roller coaster begins... i'm staying up for it this time too! Will anyone be here?

Foot's Fingers
May 2nd, 2006, 08:11 AM
Finally Myskina back on court

Go RED CLAY "lover"

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 10:10 AM
Nastya's name apperas on the scoreboard for the first time in over a month :scared: !!!

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 10:11 AM
Nastya serves 30-0 :D

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 10:24 AM
Myskina leads 3-1
Hold girl.

frenchie
May 2nd, 2006, 10:28 AM
OMG when I woke up it was 3-0 Nastya and now it's 3-2!!
Maybe I should go back to bed??

frenchie
May 2nd, 2006, 10:37 AM
Errrrr??? 4-4!
Why isn't she winning it easily?

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 10:45 AM
The rollercoaster began very badly....

Myskina lead 3-0, then Radwanska pulled it back to 3-3

Then it was level at 4-4, but Nastya was again broken, and the Pole served it out...

Better fight back Nastya.... :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 10:47 AM
They both have 28 points from the first set, and Nastya has won 85% of her first serve points apparently... Must be that bloody second serve again! :mad:

Foot's Fingers
May 2nd, 2006, 10:47 AM
:eek:

can't beleive

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 10:49 AM
She better have put her head back together between sets...

At least she came out an leads 1-0 on serve in set 2.

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 10:54 AM
Nastya broken
Now down 4-6 1-2*

frenchie
May 2nd, 2006, 10:57 AM
OMG!!!!!!
That would be sooooooo embarrassing.....

Foot's Fingers
May 2nd, 2006, 10:58 AM
:tape:

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 11:00 AM
:tape: X 25098405834905834958340583452304

:tears: X 363667783896798678978488888888888888801324

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 11:01 AM
Nastya wins her first point on Radwanksa's serve in set 2 after she held to LOVE both the first two times :mad:

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 11:03 AM
Nastya breaks for 3-3.

She was 1-3 down.

I hope she's finding at least 15% of her brain now.

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 11:14 AM
4-4
Nastya saved 5 game points in the previous game but couldn't earn a break point :mad:

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 11:22 AM
Nastya wins second set 6-4
But what a struggle! :scared:

Almalyk
May 2nd, 2006, 11:37 AM
Nastya broken at love to go down 1-4 in 3rd

Time for bed :wavey: :mad: :tears:

denine
May 2nd, 2006, 12:00 PM
she just freaking lost... :sad: this sucks.

frenchie
May 2nd, 2006, 12:06 PM
Pathetic loss (worst of her career???)

She should take a WC in Berlin

Bubba08
May 2nd, 2006, 12:08 PM
I can't believe it. :sad:
It's hard to tell what happened as we didn't see the match but obviously Nastya hadn't practised too much during her time off.

TheBoiledEgg
May 2nd, 2006, 12:11 PM
Nastya omg, just :speakles: :explode: :fiery:

what a way to start the clay season, losing to a bumpkin :mad:

Bubba08
May 2nd, 2006, 12:19 PM
It is not like we were expecting her to win the whole thing, but at least to win her first round match, oh well it was too much to ask.:unsure:

Aleksz
May 2nd, 2006, 12:22 PM
Is this a nightmare? :scared:

please wake me up...

~|Naomi|~
May 2nd, 2006, 12:23 PM
Holy Crap!

Pszczelny
May 2nd, 2006, 12:33 PM
she won't, but would be nice if she gave one set to Aga :p

I wanted only one set, sorry :sad: :awww:

Pszczelny
May 2nd, 2006, 12:35 PM
Nastya omg, just :speakles: :explode: :fiery:

what a way to start the clay season, losing to a bumpkin :mad:

expected more from you :tape:

frenchie
May 2nd, 2006, 12:39 PM

Thank you!! :wavey:
I really don't know what to think about this loss :confused: I just hope Nastya finds her game at RG :angel:

Bubba08
May 2nd, 2006, 12:47 PM
Our Nastya is too generous. :D :mad:

cindy
May 2nd, 2006, 12:52 PM
is she depressed or something else but something which can explain why she is losing losing and losing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????
hope she'll do better with likho...

Dementinator
May 2nd, 2006, 12:58 PM
Oh Crap! Seems the meeting of the Gunboat Myskina and SS Dementieva aint gonna happen this time , this loss was a suprise to me I can tell you ,Anastasia seemed to have been beating all she should do lately ,well there we go ,no one said this was easy ,dont get to worked up ,the big one is what you want ,this is a Tier 2 so no biggie ,I guess I will have to tell myself this when Elena goes Tits up ,as she has a habit of doing at times as well..

Dont Fret ,Nastya is a headcase at times ,but thats why you all love her ,you want unbridalled sucess ,go support the Belgians etc ,but then that would be boring wouldnt it ,we are made of sterner stuff than that! the Gunboat Myskina will sail on..

Foot's Fingers
May 2nd, 2006, 12:59 PM
:retard:

am i sleeeping now?

Foot's Fingers
May 2nd, 2006, 01:00 PM
no one execusemenet comes to my head

Nastya :help:

ys
May 2nd, 2006, 01:07 PM
Oh baby.. :o

martirogi
May 2nd, 2006, 01:10 PM
o well, daniela hantuchova lost to a worse player that one time. :o :banghead:

Foot's Fingers
May 2nd, 2006, 01:43 PM
from today LOST match:

http://www.jandscup.pl/zdj/2006_05_02_1/1926.jpg

Nastya: "Ohhh, what am i doing here"

Foot's Fingers
May 2nd, 2006, 01:43 PM
more photos : http://www.jandscup.pl/eng/gal_2006.php?mecz=293

iine:
May 2nd, 2006, 01:58 PM
This is just f...... unbelievable! :mad:
Now, this is something really to worry about. :sad: I mean who the hell is this girl she lost to?! She's, I dunno, like in the Top 300 or whatever...
Dammit, Nastya! :(

frenchie
May 2nd, 2006, 02:12 PM
At least she looked awesome!!

Dementinator
May 2nd, 2006, 02:29 PM
At least she looked awesome!!

T hats exactly how i console myself whenever Lena loses.... Imagine how it must be for Sveta fans when SHE loses!! :tape: they dont even have that!! :devil:

frenchie
May 2nd, 2006, 02:31 PM
T hats exactly how i console myself whenever Lena loses.... Imagine how it must be for Sveta fans when SHE loses!! :tape: they dont even have that!! :devil:

:tape: :tape: :lol:
Right!!
Well you must be happy that the draw is now open for Dementieva

sinterklaasje
May 2nd, 2006, 03:08 PM
And the trophy for biggest upset loss goes to ........................ Nastya :lol:
I'm not even that disappointed :tape:
Radwanska probably had a super day (and she can play tennis, she's a junior Grand Slam winner after all). Nastya on the other hand had probably one of her many off days, I think even I can beat Nastya when she's off.
Did anyone see the match? Many UE?
I guess she didn't see much clay courts during her one month break. Hope she starts training hard for the rest of the clay season.

miffedmax
May 2nd, 2006, 03:11 PM
Oh, Nasty! Well, maybe this will fire her up.

TiK-Tee
May 2nd, 2006, 03:18 PM
OMG Nastya :mad:

goldenlox
May 2nd, 2006, 03:19 PM
The same thing happened last spring. She lacks confidence.
Maybe expectations are too high.
But Anastasia needs to focus better.
This is only a Tier II, it means nothing.
But mentally, she has to pull herself together.

Foot's Fingers
May 2nd, 2006, 03:36 PM
Myskina/Likhovtseva won fist rnd doubles

6-2 6-0

We still in Poland for at least one more match

cindy
May 2nd, 2006, 03:40 PM
this is a win!!! great job! this two are a super team! they should play together more often!

ys
May 2nd, 2006, 03:56 PM
Nastya perhaps watched too much hockey lately.. :)

This loss does not matter, really. The form of today will have no bearing on how she plays in one month time..