PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 27th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Whereas Nastya has had 3 straight set wins - when was the last time that happened?

Kolkata last year :wavey:

Almalyk
Mar 28th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Kolkata last year :wavey:

the cat
Mar 28th, 2006, 12:45 AM
It looks like La Legs is back in good form. Could hanging around Anna Kournikova in Miami have relaxed Ana and let her game flow again? She has a decent chance to upset Sharapova in the quarterfinals since Masha is not on top of her game. Nastya has the game to bother and beat Masha if she's on her game.

Daniel
Mar 28th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Good luck vs Maria !!!

Vamos Nastya :worship:

selyoink
Mar 28th, 2006, 02:51 AM
I am more confident than I would have been awhile back. Nastya has beaten Masha 3 times, and in straight sets once. One was even a complete annihilation. I wish they both played tomorrow because Masha is likely to be more tired than Nastya. Obviously Maria has better recent form, but she has looked to struggle just a little this week. Whereas Nastya has had 3 straight set wins - when was the last time that happened?

I don't want to make a prediction for this match. But anything is possible. It would be a great step back for Nastya if she could pull it off, she would also enter the Top 10 again :)

To be fair to Maria two of those losses were pre-Wimbledon 2004. So too me they don't really count anymore. I'm just hoping Nastya is motivated since she doesn't seem to be a huge Maria fan herself. Wish the match was tomorrow though. I probably won't be able to watch live on Wednesday unless it is the night match.

Almalyk
Mar 28th, 2006, 02:58 AM
To be fair to Maria two of those losses were pre-Wimbledon 2004. So too me they don't really count anymore. I'm just hoping Nastya is motivated since she doesn't seem to be a huge Maria fan herself. Wish the match was tomorrow though. I probably won't be able to watch live on Wednesday unless it is the night match.

Two of those losses were also pre-French Open 2004 too, so Nastya had not reached her highest form either.

It's going to be an interesting one - probably the first, but hopefully not the last rollercoaster for the week.

Where is Martirogi's report from today? Perhap's he met Anna K too? :D

selyoink
Mar 28th, 2006, 03:14 AM
Two of those losses were also pre-French Open 2004 too, so Nastya had not reached her highest form either.

It's going to be an interesting one - probably the first, but hopefully not the last rollercoaster for the week.

Where is Martirogi's report from today? Perhap's he met Anna K too? :D

Agreed that Nastya had not reached her highest form either but she isn't at that form at the moment. At least we don't think so anyway. Unless something clicked when she came to Miami.

denine
Mar 28th, 2006, 03:20 AM
FINALLY... sharapova vs myskina! :D :D :D Good luck!

selyoink
Mar 28th, 2006, 03:23 AM
FINALLY... sharapova vs myskina! :D :D :D Good luck!

Finally is right. Been a long time. Can't wait to watch it as long as ESPN doesn't screw me over which they probably will.

martirogi
Mar 28th, 2006, 03:40 AM
not too hard for a match report today.

anna c is pretty bad. she has the least power of any pro ive ever seen. i couldnt believe this was the girl nastya had to play. and ud think that if she didnt hit it hard then she would be consistent, but shes not that either. she has a pretty good serve but thats it. all nastya had to go was hit the ball at her usual pace and keep it in the court. the games she lost were the ones where she made more unforced errors than balls in the court. it should have been 60, 60 but for consistnecy reasons i knew that wouldnt happen. anna c is also manic depressive and an insomniac. at least thats the way her eyes make her look. she looked tired and on the verge of tears the whole time, even when i saw her before the match. she did start to hit harder in the second set so maybe she was nervous.

luckily for us nastya's lapses were limited to a game or two and she played good the rest of the time. she even smiled at jens after the match. when she walked off i yelled "good luck against sharapova". i think she has a chance if maria is tired and she plays really well.

ps she didnt do anything with nastya's second serve. it was pathetic. she kept hitting it lightly to the middle of the court.

fleur137
Mar 28th, 2006, 03:44 AM
thanks for the report martirogi! finally some good news! after a depressing day at school...got exams back....

anyway, hope nastya wins against shriekarova!

selyoink
Mar 28th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Thanks again for the report. Anna must have played badly. Too bad.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed your three days in Miami.

Almalyk
Mar 28th, 2006, 03:57 AM
not too hard for a match report today.

anna c is pretty bad. she has the least power of any pro ive ever seen. i couldnt believe this was the girl nastya had to play. and ud think that if she didnt hit it hard then she would be consistent, but shes not that either. she has a pretty good serve but thats it. all nastya had to go was hit the ball at her usual pace and keep it in the court. the games she lost were the ones where she made more unforced errors than balls in the court. it should have been 60, 60 but for consistnecy reasons i knew that wouldnt happen. anna c is also manic depressive and an insomniac. at least thats the way her eyes make her look. she looked tired and on the verge of tears the whole time, even when i saw her before the match. she did start to hit harder in the second set so maybe she was nervous.

luckily for us nastya's lapses were limited to a game or two and she played good the rest of the time. she even smiled at jens after the match. when she walked off i yelled "good luck against sharapova". i think she has a chance if maria is tired and she plays really well.

ps she didnt do anything with nastya's second serve. it was pathetic. she kept hitting it lightly to the middle of the court.

Thanks so much once again! Have you brought a ticket to Nastya vs Sharapova?

Poor Anna C - sounds like her game has really gone downhill then if she is that pensive.

martirogi
Mar 28th, 2006, 04:06 AM
Thanks so much once again! Have you brought a ticket to Nastya vs Sharapova?

no more miami for me. i have to go back to school. :sad: :ras:

selyoink
Mar 28th, 2006, 04:07 AM
no more miami for me. i have to go back to school. :sad: :ras:

Stupid school.

fleur137
Mar 28th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Stupid school.
ditto

Almalyk
Mar 28th, 2006, 04:25 AM
Schools out these days for me - but tell you what, it's a lot more fun and cruisy than work. Although you don't get paid :p

iine:
Mar 28th, 2006, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the report martirogi.:worship:

Job very well done, Myskina!:yeah: I can't believe it: A Myskina-Sharapova match-up.:D :woohoo: I hope I will get to see this on TV!

No Name Face
Mar 28th, 2006, 05:38 AM
hopefully nastya can do what lenaD couldn't...

anyway, nastya doing so well is awesome. i'm proud of her. at least when lena falls, i can count on nastya to get some good results. :hearts:

fleur137
Mar 28th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Schools out these days for me - but tell you what, it's a lot more fun and cruisy than work. Although you don't get paid :p
not when you had exams and are waiting to get your results back!! it's pure torture

_LuCaS_
Mar 28th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Congrats Nastya :D :hug:
3 wins in 2 sets is great news. Finally some consistency.
Tough match ahead. Best of luck ;)

cindy
Mar 28th, 2006, 09:22 AM
I realy hope she can win this one too....even in three sets I'll be ok...
davai nastya and GOOD LUCK!

Foot's Fingers
Mar 28th, 2006, 09:24 AM
now i just hope Nastya is ready mentally to beat Masha

GO NASTYA!!!

Foot's Fingers
Mar 28th, 2006, 09:26 AM
BUT- she will be on ES for sure

on ES live if first match of the day

or on ES 2 without commentators if night match (recodered next day on ES)

ES 2006 - not succesfull for Nastya , alwasy lost
so hope ES 2 will improve situation

denine
Mar 28th, 2006, 11:37 AM
i won't get to watch cos my retarded channel only shows atp. :rolleyes: like... WTF? :retard:

cindy
Mar 28th, 2006, 12:31 PM
BUT- she will be on ES for sure

on ES live if first match of the day

or on ES 2 without commentators if night match (recodered next day on ES)

ES 2006 - not succesfull for Nastya , alwasy lost
so hope ES 2 will improve situation

foot's fingers...I love your tennis stats! ;)
I'm a lil bit like you...one day I was watching some pic of nadal and nastya was winning then I stoped watching nadal and nastya lost....of course I watched one more time some pic of nadal and nastya won!
I told my sister "hey! nadal brings luck to nastya!!!"
so maybe that for the nastya/masha match I should watch some pic of nadal and you should pray for ES 2
with all that nastya will win for sure!

goldenlox
Mar 28th, 2006, 03:22 PM
If this was a major, this match would be huge, because the rest of this half is so soft.
It's only a Tier I, but still important.
The loss to Dinara was Anastasia's only bad loss this year.
If she wins this match, she might win this title.

iine:
Mar 28th, 2006, 03:37 PM
I agree. I always thought that Myskina was more of a confident player and who needs to happy If she steps on court. If she manages to win this match against Sharapova, things might massively turn around. This would be such a huge cinfidence-booster for Nasty.

goldenlox
Mar 28th, 2006, 03:45 PM
I'm thinking that at least she's playing better.
Anastasia is a streaky player. If she gets hot, she can beat anyone.
I want her to get hot in week 2 of a major, and this tournament should help her confidence.

meyerpl
Mar 28th, 2006, 03:51 PM
If this was a major, this match would be huge, because the rest of this half is so soft.
It's only a Tier I, but still important.
If she wins this match, she might win this title.Just what I was thinking.

KV
Mar 28th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Good win vs. Anna C, easier than expected.

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 28th, 2006, 04:20 PM

Also the defeat vs Patty at the Australian Open was a bad one. Nastya played an horrible match that day. Then, against Hingis in Dubai was another poor Nastya's performance, Martina did nothing special to win while vs Sugyama in Doha, even though Nastya was very unconsistent, at least she fought in an admirable way for almost 3 hours, she lost because Ai played better the big points.
As regard her chances to win the title if she beats Maria...well, I think that Petrova or Kuznetsova should beat Momo before the final because a possible match vs Amelie (too strong at the moment IMO) would be like a mission impossible for our girl :)

goldenlox
Mar 28th, 2006, 04:44 PM
At least Patty is a YEC player. Anastasia has beaten the players she should be beating this year.
That's a big improvement from 2005.
And she flew from the middle east to California, like Hingis.
That's very draining. Losing to Dinara gave Anastasia a chance to get a little rest.

Sharapova hasn't been playing great this week, and this is a good time to play her.
But Anastasia has to show up with her A game.

Thauron
Mar 28th, 2006, 04:51 PM
The losses against Schnyder and Martina were indeed the result of a very poor performance, but there is no dishonour in losing against these two so I wouldn't linger upon those too long.

If she manages to win against Sharapova tomorrow would indeed be a serious step forward - the first top-ten win of the year and a win which might be a confidence boost and a mental turnaround. I really hope she pulls this off.
And, in terms of emotional satisfaction, there is no better victim than Sharapova. :devil: ;)

goldenlox
Mar 28th, 2006, 05:12 PM
If she doesn't win tomorrow it's not a major setback.
When Anastasia won RG, she was down a set and a break in round 1, faced mp's in round 4.
This year has started well. Anastasia has to get on a good streak at the right moment.
This is a right moment, but there will be bigger moments coming up.

frenchie
Mar 28th, 2006, 05:47 PM
If Nastya wins tomorrow, she should be in the final.
That would be great

Spunky83
Mar 28th, 2006, 06:14 PM
A win over Sharapova would be very sweet indeed, however if she loses, won´t be the end of the world. This QF appearance is already the best result ever for Nastya in Miami (which is weird though).

selyoink
Mar 28th, 2006, 06:19 PM
The only way Nastya is winning this title is if Petrova or Kuznetsova take down Mauresmo. We all know Nastya can't beat Mauresmo.

Spunky83
Mar 28th, 2006, 06:32 PM
The only Nastya is winning this title is if Petrova or Kuznetsova take down Mauresmo. We all know Nastya can't beat Mauresmo.

Now that is very true unfortunately...we need a miracle :angel:

selyoink
Mar 28th, 2006, 06:44 PM

I wouldn't call it a miracle. Kuznetsova is playing great this week. I think she will take Mauresmo down. The bigger question in my mind is can Nastya beat Sharapova.

_LuCaS_
Mar 28th, 2006, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't call it a miracle. Kuznetsova is playing great this week. I think she will take Mauresmo down. The bigger question in my mind is can Nastya beat Sharapova.
The answer is yes, she can do it, but will she?
I think this is the most important match in 2006 so far. Let's win it

cindy
Mar 28th, 2006, 06:53 PM
I totaly agree with you lucas!!!

cindy
Mar 28th, 2006, 06:55 PM
The only way Nastya is winning this title is if Petrova or Kuznetsova take down Mauresmo. We all know Nastya can't beat Mauresmo.

well actualy she did it....one time and that's all okay but hey! better than never!

selyoink
Mar 28th, 2006, 07:03 PM
well actualy she did it....one time and that's all okay but hey! better than never!

Yeah but that one time was in Moscow. Even when they play in fed cup Mauresmo wins and Nastya is usually automatic in fed cup.

selyoink
Mar 28th, 2006, 07:04 PM
The answer is yes, she can do it, but will she?
I think this is the most important match in 2006 so far. Let's win it

It is definitely the most important match of the year so far. Win or lose it is an excellent chance to see how Nastya's game right now compares with a top 5 player. I'm hoping it compares favorably.

Bubba08
Mar 28th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Sure she can beat Maria, but as much as I like Nastya I have the feeling that she will be defeated in two quick sets, at least if I am right I won't be disappointed if she looses. A win would be a bonus, not an expected result.

frenchie
Mar 28th, 2006, 09:28 PM

Yes a miracle is the word :angel:
BTW you seam to post less often than before Spunky. Is there a new guy in your life? ;)

Spunky83
Mar 28th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Yes a miracle is the word :angel:
BTW you seam to post less often than before Spunky. Is there a new guy in your life? ;)

Some personal stuff yeah...but it´s not a new love ;)

Nastya not on Berlin´s entry list? What the fuck :o (well, ok she always sucked there)

miffedmax
Mar 28th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Yes, it will be interesting to be rooting FOR Nastya when she takes on a tall, leggy blonde Russian for a change.

frenchie
Mar 28th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Nastya is changing her schedule this year.
She's trying new tournies (Tokyo, Warsaw, IW+Miami) so maybe she decided to skip Berlin too :confused:

Bubba08
Mar 28th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Yep her strategy is weird, she must have her reasons. :shrug:

Spunky83
Mar 28th, 2006, 10:00 PM
BTW: did anyone even bother to check the multimedia site on Nastya´s official website? They have the video sequence of Nastya´s Diamond Aces awards presentation up (which is very funny) and 300 mb files of Hingis vs. Nastya Dubai / 300 mb Safina vs. Nastya. Both matches she had lost but still for all the peops who haven´t had a chance to watch any of her matches yet...

frenchie
Mar 28th, 2006, 10:17 PM
BTW: did anyone even bother to check the multimedia site on Nastya´s official website? They have the video sequence of Nastya´s Diamond Aces awards presentation up (which is very funny) and 300 mb files of Hingis vs. Nastya Dubai / 300 mb Safina vs. Nastya. Both matches she had lost but still for all the peops who haven´t had a chance to watch any of her matches yet...

I checked it but these 2 files doesn't work for me :fiery: (and the RG files also) but the presentation was very funny :worship:

Spunky83
Mar 28th, 2006, 10:21 PM
I checked it but these 2 files doesn't work for me :fiery: (and the RG files also) but the presentation was very funny :worship:

You know last time something like that happened to me, an idiot of a guy asked me if I had stolen any CDs from the shop... :o ...yeah, for sure :o :o :o

What doesn´t work? The link to the files or watching the dowloaded file? Cause I am downloading the Hingis match right now and so far it works. If it´s a code problem watching the file, you should check http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_in_1.htm

frenchie
Mar 28th, 2006, 10:44 PM
You know last time something like that happened to me, an idiot of a guy asked me if I had stolen any CDs from the shop... :o ...yeah, for sure :o :o :o

What doesn´t work? The link to the files or watching the dowloaded file? Cause I am downloading the Hingis match right now and so far it works. If it´s a code problem watching the file, you should check http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_in_1.htm

Thank you :D
I can't watch the Tokyo file I've already downloaded but I have the sound :confused:
Which codec pack should I download?

meyerpl
Mar 28th, 2006, 10:58 PM
I have a gut feeling that Nastya is going to beat Sharapova. That said, so far my "gut feelings" haven't panned-out too well. I will be so bold as to make one locked and loaded prediction though: Yuri is going to yell something obnoxious in Russian at Nastya during the match and Nastya is going to leap into the stands and kick Yuri in the balls. (Just like she did at the YEC in '04. Ouch! I read that Yuri didn't walk right for a month.)

Spunky83
Mar 28th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Thank you :D
I can't watch the Tokyo file I've already downloaded but I have the sound :confused:
Which codec pack should I download?

Just click on download. It´s from January´06 so it should be pretty up to date. I am right now watching the Hingis match but I think I will stop as Nastya really played very badly :rolleyes:

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 28th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Just click on download. It´s from January´06 so it should be pretty up to date. I am right now watching the Hingis match but I think I will stop as Nastya really played very badly :rolleyes:

Yeah, the first 4 games of Nastya were... :tape:

meyerpl
Mar 28th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Yeah, the first 4 games of Nastya were... :tape:
I find it odd, in fact, that Nastya's official website would post that particular match for downloading. It seems a bit like the city of Pompei including a "tribute to lava" on their official website. :lol:

Almalyk
Mar 29th, 2006, 12:13 AM

Welcome back Spunky - haven't seen you in ages!
This thread is going to be an insane and exciting place if Nastya beats Sharapova. :dance:

Josh810
Mar 29th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Looks like ESPN2 is showing the match tomorrow night. :bounce:

I guess ESPN's obsession with Maria Sharapova is finally good for something. I just hope for a decent showing by Nastya.

selyoink
Mar 29th, 2006, 03:47 AM
I can't wait for tomorrow night. Nastya on tv again is like a dream come true. I hope she plays well. I don't want to see a repeat of 2nd set against Schnyder at Aussie Open or 3rd set against Sanchez Lorenzo at French Open.

Almalyk
Mar 29th, 2006, 05:58 AM
I can't wait - and since it's a night match in Miami I will be able to follow it during the day here in NZ since we are 18 hours ahead. Excellent, so my work afternoon is either going to be awesome :kiss: , or I will curse the Masha :devil: all day.

fleur137
Mar 29th, 2006, 06:44 AM
darn that means i'm at school...

Foot's Fingers
Mar 29th, 2006, 07:33 AM
For me no difference is it QF or F or 1st rnd

I just waiting for another Masha - Nastya match for too long

I want Myskina to win (PS I am not Sharpi hater)

Almalyk
Mar 29th, 2006, 09:49 AM
For me no difference is it QF or F or 1st rnd

I just waiting for another Masha - Nastya match for too long

I want Myskina to win (PS I am not Sharpi hater)

There has been so much support for Nastya in GM too - it is great! Great comments from people who I never thought would be Nastya fans...

Spunky83
Mar 29th, 2006, 09:50 AM
I find it odd, in fact, that Nastya's official website would post that particular match for downloading. It seems a bit like the city of Pompei including a "tribute to lava" on their official website. :lol:

Also hope EUROSPORT will never find out that the site offers their clips. Could get very expensive for them.

_LuCaS_
Mar 29th, 2006, 10:00 AM
NIght session = 3 AM in Romania :mad: damn schedule, but the Rollercoaster is in full steam at this hour I guess :scared:
I don't think I'll be able to follow :sad: but I'll nervously check the scores in the morning

Almalyk
Mar 29th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Nick's Picks - Women's Quarterfinal
Published: Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Nick Bollettieri

Nick Bollettieri

Women's Quarterfinal

Anastasia Myskina (RUS) vs. Maria Sharapova (RUS)

These two players are more than familiar with each other, which should make for a good match up.

Myskina is a roadrunner. Her weapon is her feet. To take the bite out of her powerful groundies, Myskina will try to make Sharapova play a lot of balls from deep in the court.

Sharapova is a great competitor. However, she must begin competing from point one. Letting Myskina think she can win will be a dangerous position to be in. She must keep Myskina moving and draw some short balls to pounce on. The advantage on the serve also goes to Sharapova.

Nick’s Pick - Sharapova takes her countrywoman seriously from beginning to end and finishes in two sets.

He's been wrong before ;)

Thauron
Mar 29th, 2006, 12:10 PM
In the two women’s quarterfinals today, all four of the competitors are champions at the Grand Slam level.

The weightier encounter is the all-Russian battle between Maria Sharapova and Anastasia Myskina – they have tasted the ultimate success as singles champions at the majors.

Myskina became the first Russian woman in history to ever win a Grand Slam title when she etched her name onto the winner’s trophy at Roland Garros in 2004. Prior to Myskina’s victory, Olga Morazova was the Russian woman who came closest to grabbing a Grand Slam title, losing to Chris Evert in the 1974 Roland Garros and Wimbledon finals.

But Myskina certainly started the ball rolling for her countrywoman when she ushered in a new era for women’s tennis in Russia.

Only a month later, Sharapova became a Grand Slam champion in her own right, winning Wimbledon as a 17-year-old.

And two months after that, Svetlana Kuznetsova, already into the semifinals here this year, having beaten Ai Sugiyama in the quarterfinals Tuesday, hit payday at the U.S. Open.

Any way you look at the No. 12 ranked Myskina and No. 4 ranked Sharapova are nip-and-tuck in terms of career accomplishments. They both have one Grand Slam singles trophy, and while Sharapova owns 11 career titles, Myskina is only slightly behind with 10 titles. The advantage Sharapova has on this front is she won that 11th title at the last tour stop in Indian Wells, so she’s definitely in a winning frame of mind.

Of course, the advantage that Myskina brings to the table is a 3-1 career edge over Sharapova, although it would be fair to take note that these two have not played since Sharapova won that one match in the 2004 season-ending Sony-Ericsson WTA Tour Championships semifinal.

Let’s just say that these two ladies are not the best of friends and have had their moments to the point that Myskina indicated a couple of years ago she wouldn’t play on a Davis Cup squad with Sharapova. Here’s the deal – Myskina is Moscow through-and-through, she loves her country and has always lived there. In contrast, Sharapova moved to the Tampa area when she was six, and while she considers herself a Russian citizen, she’s always been more like a young American girl looking forward to a Saturday afternoon at the mall.

At the moment it is Sharapova who has the momentum, but don not discount Myskina’s role as the Grand Dame of the Russian woman. She came first on the Grand Slam scene and she would very much like to come first here in Miami.

It’s very close to call, but make the march with Myskina into the semifinals.

So, obviously not everyone agrees with Bollettieri.
Let's hope for a thrilling and close match - and winning or losing, as long as Myskina played close to her best tennis tonight, I will be more than satisfied.

Her reappearance into the top 10 should only be a matter of a few weeks anyway - and normally she should be able to consolidate her rightful position there at the FO.

frenchie
Mar 29th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I don't mind Nastya losing, but losing to Sharapova :fiery: :mad:

You can't imagine what I feel about Sharapova :devil: Only Henin is worse for me :tape:

goldenlox
Mar 29th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Even when Nastya reached #2 in the world, her results were inconsistent.
She lost to Lena L. in Montreal, to Frazier at Wimbledon.
You never know what you are going to get.

But Nastya has won 2 Kremlin Cups, and usually, these are the matches she most likes to play.

frenchie
Mar 29th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I would die to see Nastya beating Maria to stop all the doubts and hates toward her!

goldenlox
Mar 29th, 2006, 04:18 PM
I want Anastasia to win another major. Much more than this title.
But I think she's starting to get her 2004 form back.

2005 was a strange year for Nastya and Sveta.
They were used to playing on outside courts, no expectations.
They didn't adjust well to being in the top 4 and holding a major.

Now we are getting back to normal again.

ARIANE 5
Mar 29th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Personally I'm pessimistic for this night (2 a-m in France). I hope Nastya give me wrong.
I think the key for Nastya will be the serve and the return. If she doesn't pass her first serve Sharapova will punish her.

But I hope that she will win.

Please Nastya win :awww:

Thauron
Mar 29th, 2006, 04:45 PM
You can't imagine what I feel about Sharapova :devil: Only Henin is worse for me :tape:

Well, actually, I get 'bad vibes' too as soon as I see these two on screen - in the same order - and I am from Belgium!

I would love to see tonight's match, but I will probably be off to dreamland when they appear on court. - I hope for the best though.

(But could you please choose a more flattering avatar :lol: That picture scares me! :eek:
- Just joking, who I am to comment on someone else's avatar, don't even have one myself.)

goldenlox
Mar 29th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Win or lose, both of these post match interviews should be good.
Except the tennis media is clueless, they don't know what questions to ask.

Spunky83
Mar 29th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Win or lose, both of these post match interviews should be good.
Except the tennis media is clueless, they don't know what questions to ask.

That is if they finally bother putting up an interview with Nastya :rolleyes:

Dementinator
Mar 29th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Captain Dementinator here ,calling from the bridge of the SS Dementieva ,I would like to wish the Gunship Myskina and her crew the best of luck in taking out the USS Sharapova and Myself and my crew will remain in Miami to see the outcome! We will lend assistance if required ,but the Gunship Myskina is a tough little thing so I dont see that it will be needed!

best of luck!

cindy
Mar 29th, 2006, 05:17 PM
thx captain!

goldenlox
Mar 29th, 2006, 05:21 PM
That is if they finally bother putting up an interview with Nastya :rolleyes:There was no Nadia or Elena interview the whole tournament
And most of the questions they ask are dopey.

Kunal
Mar 29th, 2006, 05:23 PM
the AAAM fraternity,,,,keep at it.,...
i like her

goldenlox
Mar 29th, 2006, 05:25 PM
http://img211.exs.cx/img211/6799/myskina424aw.jpg

http://img177.exs.cx/img177/6435/majami046bc.jpg

http://img211.exs.cx/img211/2883/myskina242iw.jpg

Kunal
Mar 29th, 2006, 05:31 PM
myskina has a toit body

goldenlox
Mar 29th, 2006, 05:45 PM
http://www.nickaweb.com/800/Miami2006/Myskina1.jpg

miffedmax
Mar 29th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Here's to the Czarina giving the pretender a thorough pasting.

Almalyk
Mar 29th, 2006, 08:39 PM

Davenport, Sharapova and Henin are my :devil: of tennis too.

Almalyk
Mar 29th, 2006, 08:42 PM
GL that first photo of Nastya is so beautiful. I haven't seen that one before. I'm really liking her in pink.

fleur137
Mar 29th, 2006, 09:19 PM

dun worry frenchie. i completely hate her guts! hence shriekarova....

anyway, why should we listen to what bolletieri has to say? its not like we don't know who he's rooting for!

fleur137
Mar 29th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Davenport, Sharapova and Henin are my :devil: of tennis too.
nah only shriekarova for me. and i totally agree with what Mats Wilander said a while ago: "Sharapova plays totally thoughtless tennis, just pounding the ball".

martirogi
Mar 29th, 2006, 09:31 PM
myskina is playing world team tennis this year. she really is changing up her schedule.

fleur137
Mar 29th, 2006, 09:35 PM
myskina is playing world team tennis this year. she really is changing up her schedule.
yeah i think for springfield...

Almalyk
Mar 29th, 2006, 09:36 PM

For who? Who else is on her team?

Almalyk
Mar 29th, 2006, 09:37 PM
yeah i think for springfield...

Oh OK. That is something I didn't expect at all for some reason....

martirogi
Mar 29th, 2006, 10:05 PM
For who? Who else is on her team?

two of ur favorites as teammates. lucky you.

Springfield Lasers
Anastasia Myskina
Viktoriya Azarenka
Andreea Vanc
Alex Vlaski
Nick Monroe

martirogi
Mar 29th, 2006, 10:07 PM
pics of myskina vs bychokova match here:

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/tennisy/nasdaq%202006/saturday/myskina/

these photos are taking for fucking ever to load. ill put up the myskina/safina doubles while i watch her sharapova match.

Almalyk
Mar 29th, 2006, 10:22 PM
two of ur favorites as teammates. lucky you.

Springfield Lasers
Anastasia Myskina
Viktoriya Azarenka
Andreea Vanc
Alex Vlaski
Nick Monroe

I was going to say what a waste of time playing WTT. Now I may have to reaccess the situation if they are on the same team :p

Almalyk
Mar 29th, 2006, 10:24 PM

these photos are taking for fucking ever to load. ill put up the myskina/safina doubles while i watch her sharapova match.

Thanks! Such great photos! I love the one where she is about to smash her racket on page two. She looks great in pink!

selyoink
Mar 29th, 2006, 10:43 PM
I'm already getting nervous for the match. I am not expecting a win but I really hope Nastya is competitive. Otherwise she really hasn't made much progress aside from beating those ranked lower than her.

I don't understand why she is playing world team tennis. A waste of time in my opinion. I guess she will have fun though since most of the players seem to enjoy it. ESPN did show coverage of WTT last year so maybe they will do so again and feature Nastya's team.

Almalyk
Mar 29th, 2006, 10:49 PM
I'm already getting nervous for the match. I am not expecting a win but I really hope Nastya is competitive. Otherwise she really hasn't made much progress aside from beating those ranked lower than her.

I don't know why but i'm not nervous yet! That's unusual. I'm well prepared though. The match will be during my lunch hour - so I brought sushi before work so I don't have to leave the office ;)

Perhaps we could do live cheering in her CHEERING thread today and post the scores together? It's better than the other scoring thread with 4237592375 people. Half who will be supporting the :devil:

selyoink
Mar 29th, 2006, 11:13 PM
I don't know why but i'm not nervous yet! That's unusual. I'm well prepared though. The match will be during my lunch hour - so I brought sushi before work so I don't have to leave the office ;)

Perhaps we could do live cheering in her CHEERING thread today and post the scores together? It's better than the other scoring thread with 4237592375 people. Half who will be supporting the :devil:

We can do that. I do like reading what the other posters are saying though but I'll probably be too focused on the match anyway to read anything other than what I'm writing.

selyoink
Mar 29th, 2006, 11:18 PM

Thanks for all the great photos. Nastya looks so sexy. Sucks that it takes so long to load them.

Almalyk
Mar 29th, 2006, 11:18 PM
We can do that. I do like reading what the other posters are saying though but I'll probably be too focused on the match anyway to read anything other than what I'm writing.

Cool! See you in 40 mins :scared:

martirogi
Mar 29th, 2006, 11:38 PM
wheres the cheering thread? this?

Almalyk
Mar 29th, 2006, 11:44 PM
wheres the cheering thread? this?

Yeah we should cheer in here! :D
Biggest match in a long time - requires extra support from fans :p

martirogi
Mar 29th, 2006, 11:48 PM
i dont have a good feeling about the match but i hope im wrong.

Almalyk
Mar 29th, 2006, 11:55 PM

I think after a few games we'll get the feeling whether it will be a rollercoaster, a sound beating, or a win for her.

Come on Nastya :bigclap:

martirogi
Mar 29th, 2006, 11:57 PM
doubles pics up here:

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/tennisy/nasdaq%202006/saturday/

selyoink
Mar 29th, 2006, 11:58 PM

Neither do I. But the two of us don't tend be the bearers of optimism.

martirogi
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:00 AM
warm up!!!!!!

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:01 AM
It is so good to see Nastya on ESPN once again. Just hope it isn't the crappy Nastya I've seen the last couple of times.

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:03 AM
If Nastya wins tonight she will be the second night match tomorrow.

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:04 AM
First point to Nastya. Error from Maria.

Almalyk
Starting now
Good luck babe!! :)

martirogi
nice first point. at least thats something.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:05 AM
I want Nastya to hold this game so much!

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Sharapova with two break points. Crap.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Already 2 bp :scared:

martirogi
mysiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!!!

selyoink
Both saved!

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Fights back to deuce :D
That's my girl

selyoink
Another break point.

selyoink
Broken.

martirogi
how ridicul :rolleyes:

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Saved 2 bp then broken afterwards :mad:

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Sharapova starts with a double fault on her serve.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:09 AM
DF from Masha

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Anna K. is sitting next to Jens.

martirogi
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:10 AM
come on now myskii

selyoink
Another Maria double fault.

Almalyk
Break her Nastya
30-30

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Break point Nastya!

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:12 AM
BREAK POINT for Nastya
Damn DEUCE :mad:

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Another break chance.

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Forehand winner saves it.

Almalyk
Another BP
Back to deuce again :mad: :mad:

selyoink
Third chance to break. Take it!!!

martirogi
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:14 AM
yes!!!!

selyoink
Nastya breaks back! Now hold!

Almalyk
3rd BP
SHE BREAKS :D

angiee3
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:15 AM
it's 1-1 now..

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Hold her Nastya
15-0

It's so hot that Anna and Nastya are mates :D

15-15 :(

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Broken again. That serve is still too big a weakness against the top players.

martirogi
stupid girl

Almalyk
Nastya quickly surrenders another 2 BP's :(

Broken at 15 :mad:

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Re-break Nastya, or else let Masha get ahead.

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Judging by her weak serve Nastya will have to break often to have a chance.

fleur137
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:19 AM
hey how are you guys keeping track of the score?

martirogi
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:19 AM
nastya is very calm tonight.

martirogi
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:20 AM
nastya's big shots arent going in. if those start landing she should have a chance.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:21 AM
30-30
Break again Nastya please!!!!!!!!!!!

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Sharapova holds for 3-1. Must hold here.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Damn Masha holds
3-1
Gotta hold your serve Nastya

fleur137
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:22 AM
hey how are you guys keeping track of the score?
errr....anyone?

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Net helps Nastya twice.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:24 AM
40-15
This is more like it. Now use those 2 game points!

selyoink
errr....anyone?

I'm watching it on TV. Do you need the link for live scoring?

Nastya finally holds for 2-3.

martirogi
lets go myskii. break now. :mad:

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:25 AM
http://scores.nasdaq-100open.com/

Break the :devil: Nastya

fleur137
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:26 AM
thanks guys! i'm at school at the moment and i'm desperate cos i only have 20 more minutes to keep track of this match

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:27 AM
00-30. Take advantage Nastya.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:27 AM
I feel more confident that Nastya will take games on Masha's serve.
Masha serves
0-15
0-30

2 more Nastya!!!!!

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Damn 30-30

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Sharapova holds for 4-2. Nastya hitting too many errors. Not doing enough to change the pace either.

Almalyk
FUCK Masha wins 4 straight points in a row to hold :mad:

martirogi
myskii please

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Maria with a stupid dropshot gives Nastya 30-00.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Nastya 30-0
This is must hold then break territory...

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:33 AM
40-15
Take this game Nastya

Any comments appreciated Selyoink :D

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Nastya holds for 3-4.

martirogi
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Break Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

martirogi
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:34 AM
myskina is playing good. she can do this.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Break now for 4-4 Nastya
Your not out of this set or match at all.

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Ace for Maria

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Break won't be coming in this game I don't think.

Almalyk
Sharapova serving 30-0
She is a :devil:

selyoink
Sweet forehand down the line winner from Nastya.

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Another nice forehand winner from Nastya.

martirogi
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:38 AM
lez do this thing.

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Sharapova holds for 5-3.

martirogi
or not :rolleyes:

Almalyk
Damn :hearts: 3-5 :devil:

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Nastya will have to win it in 3 sets.

martirogi
nast!!!!!!!!!! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

selyoink
Sharapova breaks and wins the set 6-3. About what I expected. I hope Nastya can turn things around.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Nastya serving
0-15 :devil:
0-30 :devil:
15-30 :hearts:
15-40 :devil: :devil:

Sharapova breaks :devil :devil: :devil: :mad: :tears: :devil: :(

martirogi
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:42 AM
shes so close to being able to win this thing.

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:43 AM
shes so close to being able to win this thing.

The serve is too shitty.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Turn it around Nastya. There was only 6 points in the first set.

Start winning more points off your serve though!!
Break the :devil: frequently.

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Can't have more errors than Sharapova does. That is not a winning recipe for Nastya.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:45 AM
A break off :devil: Masha's serve first game of the set would be nice!

15-15

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:45 AM
Nice forehand winner for Nastya.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:46 AM
30-30

Are these points long rallies? Scoreboard takes a long time to update...

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Backhand down the line winner for break point!

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:47 AM
BP for Nastya

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Error from Nastya.

martirogi
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:48 AM
sharapova is supposed to be making more errors than this. :smash:

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Damn Deuce
FUCK she needs to take those points againt poo face :devil:

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Saves a GP - back to Deuce.
Sharapova needs to slip over on a big piece of shit, or start making more errors.

selyoink
Driving forehand forces an error. Another break point!

selyoink
Net sets up an easy winner for Maria.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:50 AM
Another BP wasted :(

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Another GP saved though... Long game.

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Double fault gives Nastya another break chance.

selyoink
Error. She can't keep wasting these.

Almalyk
Shit
Nastya wasted 4th BP :mad:

martirogi
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:53 AM
stop messing with our heads. :mad:

selyoink
Sharapova holds for 1-0.

Wasted too many chances.

Almalyk
That :devil: held her serve.
Nastya - what were you doing :tears:

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Forehand winner. Has to hold here. 30-00.

angiee3
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:55 AM
what are you thinking?!!!

selyoink
Second serve just got sent packing.

selyoink
Another serve punished.

Almalyk
Nastya serves 30-15

martirogi
myskii please!

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:56 AM
40-30 Gp

martirogi
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:56 AM
nastya to jens "my serve is so fucking bad" this according to brad gilbert.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:57 AM
Deuce DAMN IT!
1st serves in please Nastya

selyoink
Sharapova breaks for 2-0. Its probably over. Sharapova is just crushing Nastya's weak serves.

martirogi
this match is over.

angiee3
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:58 AM
0-2
nastya what is happening to you...

Almalyk
Nastya broken on Masha's first chance...

Yes Nastya had 4 chances on Masha's last serve - and couldn't do it

The Siberian :devil: :mad:

selyoink
this match is over.

Agreed.

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:59 AM
15-30.

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:00 AM
Error gives Nastya two break points. Must take advantage.

martirogi
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:00 AM
errors from sharapova :drool:

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:01 AM
One gone.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Nastya 2bp..

If you waste these 2 - I will :tears:

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Nastya breaks!

angiee3
we need a miracle to happen...

martirogi
ok myskii jesus had decided to give you a second chance in this set. u better fucking take it.

Almalyk
Finally the break!!!!
Why not last time? :confused:

YOU GOTTA HOLD !

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:03 AM
This is an absolute must hold game. Nastya already lacking confidence in her serve. Can't get broken again.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:03 AM
If she had taken all her break chances, this thing could be even.

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Double fault. Gonna get broken again.

selyoink
Backhand winner.

Almalyk
0-30 down already :mad:

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Two break points.

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Broken. Great winner from Sharapova.

martirogi
this sucks.

Almalyk
Oh Nastya, Nastya, Nastya broken again :(

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Break her again Nastya
Or assault her with your racket.

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Sharapova holds for 4-1. Not going to be a miracle tonight. Sharapova is just much better than Nastya.

martirogi
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:08 AM
fuck you nastya. how could you be doing this.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:09 AM
Love game for the :devil:
4-1

Nastya at least make the score look more respectable.

angiee3
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:09 AM
this sucks.

oh. yes it does........

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:10 AM
fuck you nastya. how could you be doing this.

Because her serve is pathetic. And she isn't all that great herself anymore.

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Forehand winner for 30-0.

Almalyk
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Nastya up 30-0

I'm jealous you guys at least get to watch - even if she does lose.
I never see Nastya :(

selyoink
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Stop the presses Nastya holds! Needs to make her last stand now.