PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

meyerpl
Mar 15th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Thanks Jedem. Your pictures did make me smile. ;)

Derek.
Mar 15th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Thanks Jedem. Your pictures did make me smile. ;)

;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/Derek1206/cheerup3.jpg

Number19
Mar 15th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Dammit, Nastya!

Hmm, I joined this board last January, and what is her wreckord since.... I think I'm a jinx. Maybe I should leave. It's all my fault. Wanting her to grow her hair longer... She was doing fine until I came along. Sure her Mom got sick, but I am the real cancer. My love does this to all the girls.

:silly: :ignore:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/Derek1206/cheerup4.jpg

selyoink
Mar 15th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Love the pictures but I just don't see things turning around anytime a soon. A change is needed as soon as possible.

Almalyk
Mar 15th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Love the pictures but I just don't see things turning around anytime a soon. A change is needed as soon as possible.

I still say a change of coach. Some serious work on the serve. Martina shows your serve can be improved when you are in your mid-twenties.

Foot's Fingers
Mar 15th, 2006, 07:44 AM
so in 2006:

4rnd of AO losing badly to Patty - at least confirm seeds place
SF at Japan - close match with Lena D
then Hingis (no chance) and Ai (figh=ts all match with saving MP and collapsing again and again)

now Safina

Only one top 20 win : Lena Likhovtseva in Tokyo who is not in her best as well

At least better then in 2005 but only a little bit better

Very poor results in doubles Not many worring abt doubles, but just see, when Nastya was so damn good in singles - that time she was good in doubles as well

denine
Mar 15th, 2006, 08:07 AM
She should try changing the hair. Seriously. :p

goldenlox
Mar 15th, 2006, 03:28 PM
That was awful. Her worst match of 2005.

goldenlox
Mar 15th, 2006, 03:44 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060314/thumb.a5242002d52e44848f5af14378b94794.indian_well s_tennis_caea103.jpg (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=53720273/K=myskina/v=2/SID=e/l=NIR/R=4/;_ylt=A9htfMKoNRhEUHoB.xTRtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBjb3ZrYj NkBHBvcwM0BHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=13e2se173/EXP=1142523688/*-http%3A//story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060314/483/a5242002d52e44848f5af14378b94794) Fifth-seed Anastasia Myskina of Russia gestures as she loses to Dinara Safina of Russia, 6-1, 6-3, at the Pacific Life Tennis Open in Indian Wells, Calif. Tuesday, March 14, 2006. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)

AP - Mar 14 12:52 PM

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060314/thumb.721496c36a84405b8094f54d25867fb2.indian_well s_tennis_caea101.jpg (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=53720273/K=myskina/v=2/SID=e/l=NIR/R=5/;_ylt=A9htfMKoNRhEUHoB_BTRtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBjZGM1ZG E1BHBvcwM1BHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=13e5d7dbi/EXP=1142523688/*-http%3A//story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060314/483/721496c36a84405b8094f54d25867fb2) Fifth-seed Anastasia Myskina of Russia returns to Dinara Safina of Russia at the Pacific Life Tennis Open in Indian Wells, Calif. Tuesday, March 14, 2006. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)

AP - Mar 14 12:41 PM

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060314/thumb.7f648e2828fc44919be90bf9a2db479a.indian_well s_tennis_caea102.jpg (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=53720273/K=myskina/v=2/SID=e/l=NIR/R=6/;_ylt=A9htfMKoNRhEUHoB_RTRtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBjcDR2NT N2BHBvcwM2BHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=13e0386jt/EXP=1142523688/*-http%3A//story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060314/483/7f648e2828fc44919be90bf9a2db479a) Fifth-seed Anastasia Myskina of Russia falls as she follows through on her return to Dinara Safina of Russia at the Pacific Life Tennis Open in Indian Wells, Calif. Tuesday, March 14, 2006. Mystina was upset by Safina, 6-1, 6-3. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)

AP - Mar 14 12:48 PM

goldenlox
Mar 15th, 2006, 04:41 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/57021551MS003_Pacific_Life031419_1024x768.jpg

Bubba08
Mar 15th, 2006, 06:20 PM
That was awful. Her worst match of 2005.
You say that at every loss of Nastya. :p
Btw we are in 2006. :angel:

selyoink
Mar 15th, 2006, 06:41 PM
There are highlights of the Safina-Myskina match at:

http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/AtpLogin/IndianWells

In case anyone cares.

sinterklaasje
Mar 15th, 2006, 07:07 PM
disappointing loss :sad:
but life goes on
better luck in Miami

Spunky83
Mar 15th, 2006, 08:19 PM
There are highlights of the Safina-Myskina match at:

http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/AtpLogin/IndianWells

In case anyone cares.

Hehe...thanks but watching it live was already enough :(

Watching Hingis vs. Safina now and Dinara is basically playing as well as she did yesterday and also with the same strategy. Based on this and also on the fact that Nastya is a light-version of Hingis (which is more a compliment rather than an offense), Nastya played way too sloppy, too stupid and too idealess.

Few things which really made my heart cry yesterday, was the circumstance that Nastya just ran one from side one to another all the times although Safina very often played against the running direction. Another thing is that Nastya´s shots were toooo short, especially in the first set but on the other side going for risky shots from the toughest angles which resulted into errors.

There was this one crazy and smart short backhand cross shot Nastya hit which really reminded of what Nastya´s actually capable of. Her losing matches isn´t the main thing which really drives me mad but more so because she has so much talent and kinda flushes it down the toilet.

Hmmmm... :confused: :sad:

Dementinator
Mar 15th, 2006, 08:28 PM
well ,as someone who has had his fair share of dissapointments and losses to bear ,take it from me ,the world goes on turning ,my philiosophy with my fave is , (bet u cant guess who she is) that I am a fan of HER not her RESULTS ,so ,all you can do is support Nastya ,you are fans of the player and that shouldnt change despite having bad losses etc.
Enjoy her and try to not get too depressed when it goes tits up ,it IS only a game and you will win and lose ,hell in 25 years of having faves ,Elena is the most sucessful player I have ever supported being in the top ten for ages and making two gs finals etc ,I have always tended to go for more 'Special' players ,such as Nastya or my current love ,Elena ,rather than the glory players who win everything ,thats for wimps and pussies anyway!! We Dementians and Nastonians are made of sterner stuff and we are here for the Long Haul!! its tough ,boy is it tough ,but is there anyone else you rather adore? eh? come on then ? you at the back there ? no? well there you go then, Enjoy being Nastyas fans and move to the next match..

Spunky83
Mar 15th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Nastonians... :lol:

miffedmax
Mar 15th, 2006, 11:41 PM
I think I have a natural self-correcting mechanism that balances my favorite male and female player. For example, in the late '70s and early '80s I loved Martina N., but my favorite male player was Tim Mayotte, always hanging out in the Top 20, never winning a major. Then I was a big fan of Carling Bassett and Ivan Lendl. In the '90s I like Graff and Chang. Now I like Federer and Roddick on the men's side and Lena and Nasty on the womens.

Don't know why it works out that way, since I usually pick a player fairly early in their career and stick with them. But I always seem to end up with a good balance.
(Sorry, much as I love Nasty her FO will always be a little tainted in my eyes because she took it off Lena, it's to bittersweet to enjoy).

Almalyk
Mar 16th, 2006, 03:10 AM
I think I have a natural self-correcting mechanism that balances my favorite male and female player. For example, in the late '70s and early '80s I loved Martina N., but my favorite male player was Tim Mayotte, always hanging out in the Top 20, never winning a major. Then I was a big fan of Carling Bassett and Ivan Lendl. In the '90s I like Graff and Chang. Now I like Federer and Roddick on the men's side and Lena and Nasty on the womens.

Don't know why it works out that way, since I usually pick a player fairly early in their career and stick with them. But I always seem to end up with a good balance.
(Sorry, much as I love Nasty her FO will always be a little tainted in my eyes because she took it off Lena, it's to bittersweet to enjoy).

I can't help who becomes my fav either. It's like Nastya picked me, I didn't pick her :lol: It was the same with Hingis. For 4 years I waited for her to return, and now she has. In the time she was away, the only player I liked more than her was Nastya. No one else comes close to these 2. :hearts:

selyoink
Mar 16th, 2006, 03:58 AM
Poor Spunky, both Nastya and Roddick suck right now. At least Justine is still great.

selyoink
Mar 16th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Nastya will be seeded 10th at Miami. Not that it well matter much.

Almalyk
Mar 16th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Poor Spunky, both Nastya and Roddick suck right now. At least Justine is still great.

Those two are my fav girl and guy player too :( :tears: But probably for different reasons than Spunky ;)

At least my 2nd favs - Hingis and Andy Murray have been going well! :worship:

Spunky83
Mar 16th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Those two are my fav girl and guy player too :( :tears: But probably for different reasons than Spunky ;)

:lol: interestingly, I started to become a fan of Andy in 2002 when he was still acting like a young and risky - never give up attitude - player (and because he looks cute). I am still a fan of him as I will always be a fan of my others faves but seeing Andy losing matches has become quite a laugh lately.

Fortunately I do always have at least one player doing really well in a tourney (eagerly awaiting a Justine vs. Martina final).

meyerpl
Mar 16th, 2006, 12:19 PM
I can't help who becomes my fav either. It's like Nastya picked me, I didn't pick her :lol: :
Yes! It's like the first step toward recovery. First, I admit that I have a problem, next I admit that I am powerless and have no control over my problem.
Hi. My name is Paul, and I'm a Nastyaholic. :wavey: And I am going to drink today.

denine
Mar 16th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Those two are my fav girl and guy player too :( :tears:

me three.. and yeah. they both suck right now. :rolleyes: :o

goldenlox
Mar 16th, 2006, 03:35 PM
I meant it was like her worst matches of 2005. Her 2006 season had been okay.
But this was a bad loss. Dinara was no threat to go any further.
Anastasia should be playing better than this.

selyoink
Mar 16th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Looks like it is more than Spunky suffering than with Nastya and Roddick sucking. At least I only have to suffer through the Nastya sucking and I have become quite accustomed to it.

sinterklaasje
Mar 16th, 2006, 08:27 PM
I've got my tickets for fed cup :woohoo:
I'm still hoping she changes her mind about FC (I know it's better for her to skip FC, but I desperately want to see her live).

Spunky83
Mar 16th, 2006, 10:19 PM
I'm still hoping she changes her mind about FC (I know it's better for her to skip FC, but I desperately want to see her live).

If you see an Asian girl running around there with a press-pass looking confused, talk to me;)

@selyoink: The world would be a great place if suffering on this planet is solely due to Nastya or Roddick or whoever losing early :angel:

Almalyk
Mar 16th, 2006, 11:54 PM

I hope she changes her mind for this tie - esp for you and Spunky :)

selyoink
Mar 17th, 2006, 12:46 AM
If you see an Asian girl running around there with a press-pass looking confused, talk to me;)

@selyoink: The world would be a great place if suffering on this planet is solely due to Nastya or Roddick or whoever losing early :angel:

Yes it would be.

As for Fed Cup I'd prefer she doesn't play because I don't think two crushing losses to Clijsters and Henin-Hardenne will help her much.

cindy
Mar 17th, 2006, 09:43 AM

don't know why but I think it could be something great for her to play fed cup...it'll show her that someone (shamil) still believe in her and she will be with her friends so I think it could be a good thing
she always plays better in fed cup....

Spunky83
Mar 17th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Great opinions people! Interesting to read.

@Cindy: Hope Reese and Ryan will stay together forever...there´s gotta be a Hollywood couple which actually is functional

Almalyk
Mar 17th, 2006, 10:41 AM

@Cindy: Hope Reese and Ryan will stay together forever...there´s gotta be a Hollywood couple which actually is functional

Hmmm.... did that actually ever happen? :confused:

sinterklaasje
Mar 17th, 2006, 03:19 PM

I will :lol: why would you look confused?

I still don't know what's best for Nastya. Right now, I'd say it's better to skip FC. But if she starts to play better, or Kim and/or Justine don't play (they're injury prone so I won't be surprised if one of them withdraws), then it may be better to help her team. Aaaah well, we'll see.

miffedmax
Mar 17th, 2006, 04:48 PM
It's a little late to think of it now, but as long as Nastya was in California she should have thought to go have a few more sessions with Lansdorpe. Maybe that would get her back on track, without Spunky, Cool Olga et al from having to go through the trauma of dumping Jens.

selyoink
Mar 17th, 2006, 04:52 PM

Won't happen. All Hollywood couples are doomed fromt the start. The only way it could last is because most people probably don't know who the hell Ryan is.

cindy
Mar 17th, 2006, 07:07 PM

:lol: I adoooooooooooore reese but if she wants to divorce for me to marry ryan I'm ok! ;) no, no kiddin' I hope the same they are so beautiful together (ryan was even funny at the golden globes...not drunk at all :lol: ) their children are so cute...hope that they will be one of the only hollywood couple who can stay together all the life coz they realy try to do it

Almalyk
Mar 17th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Nastya has a pretty poor record at Miami right? She's lost early on most occasions, and last years 4th round was her best result right? Hmmmm... MARTIROGI - yout should cast your magic wand in Florida, and make Nastya pass the 4th round...

So she is seeded 10th? I guess the seeding is irrelevant really..

selyoink
Mar 18th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Yes the seeding is definitely irrelevant. I'm sure most players hope to be in her quarter nowadays. If I was on the tour that is the seed I'd most want to face of the top 12-16.

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 18th, 2006, 01:21 PM
I hope the good results that Petrova, Sharapova and above all her friend Dementieva have reached so far in 2006 will motivate Nastya to play better in the next tourneys. She has told a lot of times to the journalists that, the reason of the Russian revolution in tennis are the hard work and the fact that there is a tough competition among the players because everybody want to be the best.
Come on Nastya, take out your pride!!!

P.S. Good luck to Lena for the IW final.

Almalyk
Mar 18th, 2006, 01:39 PM
I hope the good results that Petrova, Sharapova and above all her friend Dementieva have reached so far in 2006 will motivate Nastya to play better in the next tourneys. She has told a lot of times to the journalists that, the reason of the Russian revolution in tennis are the hard work and the fact that there is a tough competition among the players because everybody want to be the best.

I love your sig, and I wish it would happen again!! :wavey: :hearts:

No Name Face
Mar 18th, 2006, 02:25 PM

Yes, a party ain't a party without Nastya. :cool:

itzhak
Mar 18th, 2006, 03:12 PM
I really think that Anastasya was happy for Lena's victory over Justine especially in the way she did it (Athens 2004...)- I just imagen what a big smile she had when she heard the result...

goldenlox
Mar 18th, 2006, 03:46 PM
IW pics http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/IW06/Myskina_01.jpg

http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/IW06/#Anastasia_Myskina

Almalyk
Mar 19th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Martirogi - where are you?? Have you brought tix for Miami? Will you be pursuing Nastya? Make sure you cheer loud!! :wavey:

selyoink
Mar 19th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Probably too busy plotting how to woo Nastya or Tati.

Almalyk
Mar 19th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Probably to busy plotting how to woo Nastya or Tati.

:kiss: :hearts: :lol: :tape: Lucky boy :) Prepare to elope deep in the Siberian forest with Nastya.

selyoink
Mar 19th, 2006, 06:46 AM
:kiss: :hearts: :lol: :tape: Lucky boy :) Prepare to elope deep in the Siberian forest with Nastya.

:lol:

selyoink
Mar 19th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Avatar change I see. Now I will be very confused for a couple of days. Everytime someone changes there avatar I assume it is just a new poster.

Almalyk
Mar 19th, 2006, 07:08 AM
http://www.wtaworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42751&stc=1

selyoink
Mar 19th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Weird picture. I don't like that hat at all.

Almalyk
Mar 19th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Avatar change I see. Now I will be very confused for a couple of days. Everytime someone changes there avatar I assume it is just a new poster.

LOL - sorry i am a very spontaneous person. :p My old Nastya avatar was obviously bad for Nastya - so a change was needed before Miami ;)

selyoink
Mar 19th, 2006, 07:24 AM
LOL - sorry i am a very spontaneous person. :p My old Nastya avatar was obviously bad for Nastya - so a change was needed before Miami ;)

I thought changing to a Tati avatar for a while would help Nastya. Didn't happen although it did help Tati some. I remember I changed to my current avatar for a couple of hours and then Nastya lost right after in Doha or Dubai not sure which one so I went back to the Tati avatar. After her choke against Dulko I had to go back to a Nastya avatar.

Almalyk
Mar 19th, 2006, 07:56 AM
I have just been surfing Nastya's offical Russian site - and I found a video section, which seems to have quite a lot of content people here might not have seen... And since I speak a reasonable amount of Russian, it is probably my duty to at least inform you. :p

Because almost everything on the site is in Russian, i'll give you the directions to get to the photographs and video section :)

Go to http://anastasiya-myskina.ru
Click on 'Вход на сайт' which is under the main picture. You will be directed to the page with the tennis court divided into a series of Russian categories.
Then click on the very left section MyльTиMeдиa (Multimedia)...
A photo of Nastya looking like an 1980's rockstar will spin and appear - click on her!
The multimedia page should then be loaded!!! On the left-hand side is Фотографии or 'photographs' and on the right hand side is Видео or 'videos'!

Maybe people have already been here? But the whole French Open final is here (in 8 parts..) as well as Nastya's matches vs Patty and Sofia Arvidson in AO 2006. Also many press conferences... Nastya's match vs Martina Hingis in Dubai, a match in Tokyo (i'm not sure which because I haven't had time to look yet).. Recent match with Dinara in Indian Wells... Some audio files too!!

ENJOY!! :wavey:

selyoink
Mar 19th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Yeah I luckily stumbled onto that section of the webpage. Didn't know about the Safina match. New edition I see. It took me a long time to download the French Open final since the downloads kept losing their connection. I also have the Arvidsson and Hingis matches on my computer as well. I will be watching all 3 matches over the next week since I'm on spring break. The Schnyder match is not worth watching. I saw the second set live and it was quite depressing.

The Tokyo video isn't a full match if I remember correctly. I downloaded it but didn't keep it. I think it was the Dementieva match with just a few points. Could be wrong though. I just know I didn't think it was worth keeping.

I hope they keep adding more matches as the year progresses. Hopefully there will be a few more videos of matches she actually wins.

martirogi
Mar 20th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Martirogi - where are you?? Have you brought tix for Miami? Will you be pursuing Nastya? Make sure you cheer loud!! :wavey:

:wavey: i have tickets for sat-sun-mon. so HOPEFULLY nastya will be in the half that plays 2nd rd on saturday. all 3rd round matches are sun and 4th on monday. so if nastya doesnt suck i will get to see 2-3 matches.

luckily shes a lowish seed so she'll be on a small court. my goal for this year is not to yell in her face like i accidently did last year. maybe ill get to chat with her at somepoint or maybe sit next to jens in the stands.

selyoink
Mar 20th, 2006, 07:05 AM
:wavey: i have tickets for sat-sun-mon. so HOPEFULLY nastya will be in the half that plays 2nd rd on saturday. all 3rd round matches are sun and 4th on monday. so if nastya doesnt suck i will get to see 2-3 matches.

luckily shes a lowish seed so she'll be on a small court. my goal for this year is not to yell in her face like i accidently did last year. maybe ill get to chat with her at somepoint or maybe sit next to jens in the stands.

Well I hope she doesn't suck so you can see her play at least twice.

Why did you accidentally yell in her face last year?

Almalyk
Mar 20th, 2006, 07:11 AM

:kiss: Thanks for the update! I hope for you that she is in sensational form!

selyoink
Mar 20th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Draw is made at 2 p.m. local time I believe. Not long until we can predict where Nastya will screw up an easy draw. This is her last chance to salvage the last month with a good result. Her 4th straight tournament with the first 3 being disappointments. Maybe a hard draw which is likely considering the field will lead to a good result.

goldenlox
Mar 20th, 2006, 04:59 PM
It's not important to salvage her month.
All Nastya needs is to have a big major. Just play well at one of them.
That will get her going again.

frenchie
Mar 20th, 2006, 06:17 PM
I just got my RG tickets!!!

I'm so happy because since this year the RG officials do a toss to decide those who'll have tickets...

So I'll go to RG the 30th may (1st week). Hope Nastya starts this day!!! otherwise I'll have chances to see her in doubles as the women doubles starts tuesday too.
I'm praying

selyoink
Mar 20th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Its a good thing your tickets are for the first week. I don't see Nastya lasting long at the French unless she can magically find her level play that took her to the title. Other than that performance she has never been much of a clay court player.

Almalyk
Mar 20th, 2006, 08:32 PM

I'm so happy because since this year the RG officials do a toss to decide those who'll have tickets...

So I'll go to RG the 30th may (1st week). Hope Nastya starts this day!!! otherwise I'll have chances to see her in doubles as the women doubles starts tuesday too.
I'm praying

Wow you so lucky - going to RG is my dream. It's my favourite GS by far!

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 20th, 2006, 08:41 PM

I'm praying

I really wish you that Nastya will play her 1st round match in singles in that day. Let's hope that she won't lose again early at RG:scared:
A lot of fans here will go to watch her in the next tourneys (Martirogi in Miami, Spunky in Berlin, me in Rome and Frenchie at RG) so...Nastya, please, play well and win for us! Go Nastya :hearts:

fleur137
Mar 20th, 2006, 08:42 PM
dunno if this has been posted yet and i'm sorry if it has but i'm in a hurry today, so i didn't look at the previous pages

from GM:
(the draw - very simplified version)
1st: Mauresmo - Hingis - Groenefeld - Petrova
2nd: Henin - Schnyder
3rd: Williams - Razzano - Myskina - Hantuchova - Sharapova
4rd: Clijsters - Dementieva

Almalyk
Mar 20th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Nastya has a bye
then either Ekaterina Bychkova or Catalina Castano (2nd round)

fleur137
Mar 20th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Venus Williams (USA) [8] vs. Bye
Alisa Kleybanova (RUS) vs. Virginie Razzano (FRA)
Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)
vs. Karolina Sprem (CRO)
Bye vs. Shahar Peer (ISR) [31]

Flavia Pennetta (ITA) [17] vs. Bye
Kveta Peschke (CZE) vs. Qualifier
Ekaterina Bychkova (RUS) vs. Catalina Castano (COL)
Bye vs. Anastasia Myskina (RUS) [10]

Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) [13] vs. Bye
Qualifier vs. Marta Domachowska (POL)
Sybille Bammer (AUT) vs. Vania King (USA)
Bye vs. Maria Kirilenko (RUS) [20]

Jelena Jankovic (SCG) [25] vs. Bye
Qualifier vs. Emma Laine (FIN)
Akiko Morigami (JPN) vs. Na Li (CHN)
Bye vs. Maria Sharapova (RUS) [4]

frenchie
Mar 20th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Possible matchups:
2 rd:Castano or Bychkova
3 rd:Pennetta
4 rd:Venus W

we can dream....

QF Sharapova
SF Kim
F Amélie

martirogi
Mar 20th, 2006, 09:18 PM
if nastya-venus is on stadium court ill kill someone. that place is too damn big. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

selyoink
Mar 20th, 2006, 09:21 PM
My goal is 4th round against Venus because then she will be on TV. She ruined it for me last week by losing to Safina when a win would've gotten her on TV. I hope she can make it there this time and hopefully Venus will too.

Its really a good draw but that obviously does not matter anymore. Venus has played one match all year so she has to be rusty. Plus I can definitely see her losing before the 4th round. Nastya should be able to live up to her seeding. She has a great chance at going further than that as well.

But can she put it all together and actually have a good week? That is the big question. So far she has failed to do so.

selyoink
Mar 20th, 2006, 09:25 PM
if nastya-venus is on stadium court ill kill someone. that place is too damn big. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

I think we both know that it will be on the biggest stadium. Its Venus afterall.

Almalyk
Mar 20th, 2006, 09:25 PM
My goal is 4th round against Venus because then she will be on TV. She ruined it for me last week by losing to Safina when a win would've gotten her on TV. I hope she can make it there this time and hopefully Venus will too.

Its really a good draw but that obviously does not matter anymore. Venus has played one match all year so she has to be rusty. Plus I can definitely see her losing before the 4th round. Nastya should be able to live up to her seeding. She has a great chance at going further than that as well.

But can she put it all together and actually have a good week? That is the big question. So far she has failed to do so.

I agree it is good. Should pass 2nd round easily, then Pennetta who has pulled out injured in Indian Wells. Venus should be a close match if she gets that far. Nastya has beaten her 2/3 last times they played, and Venus is surely lacking form due to playing only 1 match in 2006.

Almalyk
Mar 20th, 2006, 09:27 PM

:fiery:

martirogi
Mar 20th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I think we both know that it will be on the biggest stadium. Its Venus afterall.

i dont know. with mens matches there will prob be 2-3 women's matches on the biggest court. one goes to sharapova, momo vs ivanovic should be good, and then something with justine, clijsters or hingis.

PLEASE PLEASE let that be right. :sad:

selyoink
Mar 20th, 2006, 09:35 PM
i dont know. with mens matches there will prob be 2-3 women's matches on the biggest court. one goes to sharapova, momo vs ivanovic should be good, and then something with justine, clijsters or hingis.

PLEASE PLEASE let that be right. :sad:

Its Venus and its the US. She will be on the biggest court ahead of Mauresmo, Sharapova, and the Belgiums. I guess you can hope though. Chances are better that Venus loses before the 4th round then a Venus/Nastya match being on an outer court.

Almalyk
Mar 20th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Its Venus and its the US. She will be on the biggest court ahead of Mauresmo, Sharapova, and the Belgiums. I guess you can hope though. Chances are better that Venus loses before the 4th round then a Venus/Nastya match being on an outer court.

Let's hope she (Venus) falls before that round then. She has lost a number of points this week too, 10th rank is within reach for Schiavone and Nastya near in the future.. That is if either of them feel like performing well.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 21st, 2006, 12:36 AM
Buena Suerte Anastasia en Miami .

Te quiero mucho :kiss: :kiss:

WORD LIFE

selyoink
Mar 21st, 2006, 03:45 AM
Let's hope she (Venus) falls before that round then. She has lost a number of points this week too, 10th rank is within reach for Schiavone and Nastya near in the future.. That is if either of them feel like performing well.

Nastya feel like playing well :scratch: I wonder when the last time she truly played well was? Certainly not this year.

Almalyk
Mar 21st, 2006, 05:24 AM
Nastya feel like playing well :scratch: I wonder when the last time she truly played well was? Certainly not this year.

I guess it's too hard to define what well is. I guess the last tournament I was really satisfied with was Wimbledon 2005. Although a QF might seem good, 3 out of her 4 matches to get there were terrifying to follow, and she only got wins by the skin of her teeth. So i'm not sure if I am satisfied with her play, or her QF finish.

I guess you could say Kolkata, but by not beating anyone higher than 80th in the world, she could have played like shit the whole tournament anyway, then still lifted the trophy.

There has been matches (even in 2006) where I thought she played well. But not more than 2 in a row. I can't wait for a decent run to occur!

selyoink
Mar 21st, 2006, 06:43 AM
Yeah she did well at Wimbledon but probably didn't play that great. Just fought extremely hard because she did try her best to choke against Jankovic. She has played well against some of the weaker players so far this year like against Arvidsson at the Aussie Open. She was dictating almost every point in that match. But stringing together consecutive good matches has been tough for her. Especially as the quality of the opponent gets higher.

Foot's Fingers
Mar 21st, 2006, 02:40 PM
Myskina will beat Venus I beleive, of cos if she reach her in draw

goldenlox
Mar 21st, 2006, 03:49 PM
Venus Williams (USA) [8] vs. Bye
Alisa Kleybanova (RUS) vs. Virginie Razzano (FRA)
Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)
vs. Karolina Sprem (CRO)
Bye vs. Shahar Peer (ISR) [31]

Flavia Pennetta (ITA) [17] vs. Bye
Kveta Peschke (CZE) vs. Qualifier
Ekaterina Bychkova (RUS) vs. Catalina Castano (COL)
Bye vs. Anastasia Myskina (RUS) [10]

Pretty good draw.

martirogi
Mar 21st, 2006, 03:52 PM
well those pics of starbucks were taken on saturday so shes gonna have plenty of time to practice in miami.

miffedmax
Mar 21st, 2006, 03:59 PM
On an unrelated topic, the USTA magazine features an interview with Dementieva in which she reveals that she is almost as blue jean obbsessed as Nastya, that Mommy Vera doesn't get the blue jeans thing any better than Galina does, and that the girls used to share clothes when they were younger, but can't any more because Elena is too tall.

She also said that people say her and Myskina should open a jeans shop.

I will try to scan or type the interview later this week in the ED Fan Club if I have time. Or somebody may beat me to it. But this is the part that had to do with Nastya.

cindy
Mar 21st, 2006, 04:13 PM
Myskina will beat Venus I beleive, of cos if she reach her in draw

I completly agree with you!!!
btx thx for the info max! :kiss:

goldenlox
Mar 21st, 2006, 04:22 PM
What is a USTA magazine?

Bubba08
Mar 21st, 2006, 04:34 PM
I am not sure, but I think it is the United States Tennis Association magazine, I do not know much more about it.

goldenlox
Mar 21st, 2006, 04:55 PM
On an unrelated topic, the USTA magazine features an interview with Dementieva in which she reveals that she is almost as blue jean obbsessed as Nastya, that Mommy Vera doesn't get the blue jeans thing any better than Galina does, and that the girls used to share clothes when they were younger, but can't any more because Elena is too tall.

She also said that people say her and Myskina should open a jeans shop.

I will try to scan or type the interview later this week in the ED Fan Club if I have time. Or somebody may beat me to it. But this is the part that had to do with Nastya.Thanks. Please scan it.

goldenlox
Mar 21st, 2006, 05:29 PM
On Saturday, March 18th, Sony Ericsson WTA star, Anastasia Myskina was on hand to serve coffee and sign autographs at the Starbucks booth during the Key Biscayne Arts Festival. The 2004 French Open Champion and 12th ranked woman on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour enjoy her time interacting with people attending the arts festival. The Russian-born Myskina joked with customers that if she was not a tennis pro she might very well be earning her keep by working at a Starbucks! Myskina enjoyed viewing the artwork afterwards and is looking forward to her first match this week at the NASDAQ-100 Open.

Originally Posted by itzhak
Miami 2006:

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/3179/nas7ms.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1078/nas16iv.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/4672/nas26nf.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/5169/nas34zp.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

Almalyk
Mar 21st, 2006, 08:41 PM
On Saturday, March 18th, Sony Ericsson WTA star, Anastasia Myskina was on hand to serve coffee and sign autographs at the Starbucks booth during the Key Biscayne Arts Festival. The 2004 French Open Champion and 12th ranked woman on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour enjoy her time interacting with people attending the arts festival. The Russian-born Myskina joked with customers that if she was not a tennis pro she might very well be earning her keep by working at a Starbucks! Myskina enjoyed viewing the artwork afterwards and is looking forward to her first match this week at the NASDAQ-100 Open.

Nastya working in Starbucks doesn't have quite the same sex appeal as her playing tennis. Although she would probably get good tips.

Almalyk
Mar 21st, 2006, 08:48 PM
Nastya's draw has now changed as Vaidisova has pulled out.

Some of the seeds have changed positions, and it seems she will now play Jankovic instead of Pennetta in 3rd round! I guess it good news (at least not bad!) Lucas will be happy two of his fav's don't play so early too! I actually prefer Nastya versus Jankovic too (thinking of her recent form).

Almalyk
Mar 21st, 2006, 08:59 PM
Nastya and Dinara got a crap draw in doubles. They will be lucky to pass the first round I guess. Hopefully that will conserve energy for singles.

Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP)
Meilen Tu (USA)
vs.

Carly Gullickson (USA)
Bryanne Stewart (AUS)

Anastasia Myskina (RUS)
Dinara Safina (RUS)
vs.

Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
Ai Sugiyama (JPN) [5]

martirogi
Mar 22nd, 2006, 12:41 AM
nastya vs jankovic :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: i dont even want to think of how many pics ill take during this match. over 100 for sure.

nastya/dinara/hantuchova/ai all on the same court :yeah: what great news today!

angiee3
Mar 22nd, 2006, 12:59 AM
those pics are nice.... thx

Derek.
Mar 22nd, 2006, 01:24 AM
Good luck Nastya! :D

Almalyk
Mar 22nd, 2006, 02:05 AM
those pics are nice.... thx

There was a very funny post in GM of all places. It was a caption for the picture of Nastya serving a coffee. It said something along the lines of "Myskina practices her serve, Dementieva will be along later" :D

selyoink
Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:00 AM
Damn, the draw has changed. Now I have to get acquainted with the new one.

Jankovic has been terrible for some time so she probably won't even make it to face Nastya. If she does I hope it isn't as intense as the Wimbledon match. But as long as Nastya is winning I will not complain too much.

Almalyk
Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:51 AM
Damn, the draw has changed. Now I have to get acquainted with the new one.

Jankovic has been terrible for some time so she probably won't even make it to face Nastya. If she does I hope it isn't as intense as the Wimbledon match. But as long as Nastya is winning I will not complain too much.

Only Nastya would ever terrorise her fans by winning a set 6-0, wasting MP's in the second set, and then winning 10-8 in the third after trailing 5-1. But even Nastya surely couldn't do that to us twice could she? :scared:

frenchie
Mar 22nd, 2006, 11:01 AM
I predict Nastya won't have to play Jankovic anyway.....

cindy
Mar 22nd, 2006, 02:08 PM
I'm so happy nastya won something at the star for star night...especialy because as she said on the red carpet she didn't know that she was nominated!!!
it looks like she had lot of fun so it's cool
now she has to play well and it will be a perfect week!

selyoink
Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:05 PM
Only Nastya would ever terrorise her fans by winning a set 6-0, wasting MP's in the second set, and then winning 10-8 in the third after trailing 5-1. But even Nastya surely couldn't do that to us twice could she? :scared:

Well she tried to top that one in her very next match against Lena D. saving match points and all. Not the same script but still the same genre. She has really only done it to us once this year though against Lena D as usual at Tokyo. Other than that I don't really remember any rollercoaster matches. If there were others I didn't follow them so they aren't vivid in my mind.

But yeah I doubt Jankovic will make it to Nastya. Her current form has been suspect to say the least.

goldenlox
Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:19 PM
Anastasia Myskina received the Diamond Aces award for the third consecutive year for demonstrating her commitment to the success of the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour and its tournaments across the globe.

selyoink
Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:34 PM
Anastasia Myskina received the Diamond Aces award for the third consecutive year for demonstrating her commitment to the success of the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour and its tournaments across the globe.

I wonder what it is exactly she is doing to promote the game. Good for her to win it once again.

goldenlox
Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:36 PM
http://img103.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-24063/loc24/15912_starsofthestars25.jpg

http://img7.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-22278/loc24/15766_starsofthestars16.jpg

Last night

miffedmax
Mar 22nd, 2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks. Please scan it.

Evinrude has kindly transcribed and posted the interview in the Gardens. Here http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=226261

Almalyk
Mar 22nd, 2006, 09:03 PM

Congrats Nastya! I didn't even know she had won it 2 previous years... :kiss:

Daniel
Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:56 PM
congrats Nastya and good luck in Miami :bounce:

Almalyk
Mar 23rd, 2006, 12:26 AM
VENUS has now withdrawn!!! Should be a clear path to a QF meeting with Maria for Nastya now... No one can complain about this draw.

Please take advantage of it Nastya. :kiss:

fleur137
Mar 23rd, 2006, 12:49 AM
who's replacing Venus??
Nastya, you better not blow this!

Spunky83
Mar 23rd, 2006, 01:18 AM
A lucky loser I think so probably not dangerous

Almalyk
Mar 23rd, 2006, 01:20 AM

The thing i'm most nervous about is that Vika Azarenka could play Nastya in the 3rd round... Two of my favs... But Azarenka is not allowed to beat Nastya yet... It would make me grumpy.

Bubba08
Mar 23rd, 2006, 02:01 AM
Now her draw is nicely open until the quaterfinals, however I still think that she might loose earlier than expected. :unsure:

Btw, the LL for Venus's place in the draw will probably be Camerin.

selyoink
Mar 23rd, 2006, 03:56 AM

Not too dangerous for most top 10 players but with Nastya you never know. Sometimes she easily dispatches the lower ranked players. Other times she struggles mightily.

Still does make the draw easier. Can Nastya finally take advantage?

Almalyk
Mar 23rd, 2006, 03:57 AM
Not too dangerous for most top 10 players but with Nastya you never know. Sometimes she easily dispatches the lower ranked players. Other times she struggles mightily.

Still does make the draw easier. Can Nastya finally take advantage?

She better take advantage. She hasn't taken advantage of her kind draws all year - and she has had several very nice ones. Time to do so now, before they get tougher.

martirogi
Mar 23rd, 2006, 04:11 AM
shell make it to the qf i KNOW it.

:eek: myskina is on the entry list for warsaw. does that mean ola will get to see her? :bounce:

selyoink
Mar 23rd, 2006, 04:16 AM
Btw, the LL for Venus's place in the draw will probably be Camerin.

Camerin is already in the draw. She plays Emma Laine tomorrow.

Almalyk
Mar 23rd, 2006, 04:34 AM
shell make it to the qf i KNOW it.

:eek: myskina is on the entry list for warsaw. does that mean ola will get to see her? :bounce:

That will be a great tournament for her to play - and closer to home too! Go Nastya :hearts:

Lucky Ola too!

Nastya please come to New Zealand in 2007 - You oughta tell her Martirogi!

selyoink
Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:19 AM
Venus was replaced by Martina Sucha. If Nastya can't make the quarters here then I don't know what it will take for her to make the quarters at a big event.

_LuCaS_
Mar 23rd, 2006, 07:15 AM
Congrats for the Diamond Aces award ;) Nice threepeat
So Venus out as expected. One match at a time. Let's not dissapoint again Nastya :hug:
Good luck Martirogi ;) Pics, reports and stuff, ;)

Almalyk
Mar 23rd, 2006, 07:27 AM
Venus was replaced by Martina Sucha. If Nastya can't make the quarters here then I don't know what it will take for her to make the quarters at a big event.

So in all reality she has to beat no top 20 players to make the QF of a super-tier 1. I agree, if she falls early, she will have to change something very drastically.

With Venus out too, she won't add to her points. Both Nastya and Schiavone will have 10th spot in mind.

_LuCaS_
Mar 23rd, 2006, 07:52 AM
With Venus out too, she won't add to her points. Both Nastya and Schiavone will have 10th spot in mind.
Sadly she'll only get 87 pts for a QF appearance so only a SF spot will earn her the return to top 10 (but Schiavone will have to do worse)

Almalyk
Mar 23rd, 2006, 07:57 AM
Sadly she'll only get 87 pts for a QF appearance so only a SF spot will earn her the return to top 10 (but Schiavone will have to do worse)

Yes, that's true. But i'm thinking ahead of Wimbledon as well. Nastya has bugger all to defend. :)

Foot's Fingers
Mar 23rd, 2006, 08:22 AM
Well, Nastya

I never told it before looking in yr draw - but - NOW or NEVER

Bubba08
Mar 23rd, 2006, 09:06 AM
Camerin is already in the draw. She plays Emma Laine tomorrow.
Oh yeah sorry my mistake, I thought Sucha and I typed Camerin. :retard:

denine
Mar 23rd, 2006, 10:24 AM
if she loses early again... :banghead:

cindy
Mar 23rd, 2006, 10:39 AM
completly agree...as footfingers said now it's now or never!

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:22 AM
Yeah, it's a great draw now but, I agree with Lucas, one match at a time. The only thing that interest me now is Nastya's 2nd round match vs Bychkova (she beated defending champ Kuznetsova at the US Open 1r last year, right?) or Castano.
Congrats Nastya for the third Diamond Aces award in a row, you can be proud of yourself :bigclap:

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:58 AM

Or does that mean Nastya will play Warsaw, Berlin and then she will skip Rome? :scared:

cindy
Mar 23rd, 2006, 01:18 PM
don't worry filippo...she'll play roma! she just needs to play a lot so she choose to play warsaw too (near her home! ;)) but you'll see her!

goldenlox
Mar 23rd, 2006, 04:35 PM
With Venus out, a Myskina-Sharapova match is very possible.
Will that motivate Anastasia, or get her nervous in these early rounds?

selyoink
Mar 23rd, 2006, 04:42 PM
I would love to see Nastya vs. Maria. Hasn't happened in a long time. Since the 04 YEC. I wouldn't like Nastya's chances but it would still be worth seeing. I just hope Nastya can get to that point with this dream draw.

goldenlox
Mar 23rd, 2006, 04:46 PM
A lot has changed since 2004.
She has to use this draw to get some points.

iine:
Mar 23rd, 2006, 05:04 PM
Come on, Myskina. :rocker2: Take advantage this time. :D

Almalyk
Mar 23rd, 2006, 08:47 PM
I would love to see Nastya vs. Maria. Hasn't happened in a long time. Since the 04 YEC. I wouldn't like Nastya's chances but it would still be worth seeing. I just hope Nastya can get to that point with this dream draw.

It is a dream draw. I onlt hope Nastya doesn't make a nightmare out of it somehow. GOOD LUCK!

fleur137
Mar 24th, 2006, 02:35 AM
nastya please don't make me stress more over an easy draw than i need to. already got enough stress from exams...

angiee3
Mar 24th, 2006, 02:48 AM
good luck nastya.. make this a sweet dream....

frenchie
Mar 24th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Nastya will play against Bychkova.
I saw her playing once. She doesn't have weapons but she's a good mover and doesn't give a lot of free points.

Hope Nastya wins in 2

Almalyk
Mar 24th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Nastya will play against Bychkova.
I saw her playing once. She doesn't have weapons but she's a good mover and doesn't give a lot of free points.

Hope Nastya wins in 2

Nastya better win easily or else I will slap her across the face with a moist rock cod. She has too much potential to waste. Time to start using your skills Nastya, xxxx :kiss: :hearts: :woohoo: :) :bigclap:

martirogi
Mar 24th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Nastya better win easily or else I will slap her across the face with a moist rock cod. She has too much potential to waste. Time to start using your skills Nastya, xxxx :kiss: :hearts: :woohoo: :) :bigclap:

you are aware that it appears u said "moist rod cock"? i suppose it's all part of ur evil plans. :kiss:

goldenlox
Mar 24th, 2006, 03:30 PM
This section of the draw is like a Tier IV.
There are no excuses.

Almalyk
Mar 24th, 2006, 03:37 PM
This section of the draw is like a Tier IV.
There are no excuses.

Exactly. I have never agreed with anyone more, :kiss:

Almalyk
Mar 24th, 2006, 03:46 PM
you are aware that it appears u said "moist rod cock"? i suppose it's all part of ur evil plans. :kiss:

It's just a secret between you, Nastya and me, Don't tell anyone about our hot night ;)

goldenlox
Mar 24th, 2006, 04:39 PM
http://www.nickaweb.com/PhotoTennis2006/16.jpg

selyoink
Mar 24th, 2006, 05:01 PM
I can't begin to imagine how depressed we will all be when Nastya blows this draw. Not even Nastya is cruel enough to do that us though or is she?

goldenlox
Mar 24th, 2006, 05:06 PM
She just lost 1-6, 3-6 to Dinara. So anything's possible.

angiee3
Mar 24th, 2006, 08:56 PM
i like her shirt.. is it in spanish because from what i can see it looks like spanish to me...?

Bubba08
Mar 24th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Why does Dinara have to play her best against Nastya, and then to keep the worst against Daniilidou one week later? She should have all shared with her dear friend Nastya. :)

fleur137
Mar 24th, 2006, 11:52 PM
I can't begin to imagine how depressed we will all be when Nastya blows this draw. Not even Nastya is cruel enough to do that us though or is she?
i'm already getting really really nervous....

Almalyk
Mar 24th, 2006, 11:59 PM
i'm already getting really really nervous....

Same.. I guess everyone expects her to romp to the QF, when in reality, anything can happen with Miss Myskina.

selyoink
Mar 25th, 2006, 05:51 AM
If possible her draw just got easier as Flavia Pennetta has withdrawn if I'm not mistaken. Viktoriya Kutuzova is now in the draw as a lucky loser.

Nastya is first on court 1 tomorrow against Bychkova.

iine:
Mar 25th, 2006, 05:54 AM
Another withdrawal. :eek: Myskina you better take advantage of this dream draw. :armed:

selyoink
Mar 25th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Another withdrawal. :eek: Myskina you better take advantage of this dream draw. :armed:

I'm not looking forward to checking the scores tomorrow and seeing Nastya lost. She has never performed well in Miami. Everything seems to be too perfect right now.

Almalyk
Mar 25th, 2006, 06:00 AM
If possible her draw just got easier as Flavia Pennetta has withdrawn if I'm not mistaken. Viktoriya Kutuzova is now in the draw as a lucky loser.

Nastya is first on court 1 tomorrow against Bychkova.

I thought Pennetta was already moved out of Nastya's part of the draw, and replaced by Jankovic? :confused:

She better win!

Almalyk
Mar 25th, 2006, 06:01 AM
I have just been surfing Nastya's offical Russian site - and I found a video section, which seems to have quite a lot of content people here might not have seen... And since I speak a reasonable amount of Russian, it is probably my duty to at least inform you. :p

Because almost everything on the site is in Russian, i'll give you the directions to get to the photographs and video section :)

Go to http://anastasiya-myskina.ru
Click on 'Вход на сайт' which is under the main picture. You will be directed to the page with the tennis court divided into a series of Russian categories.
Then click on the very left section MyльTиMeдиa (Multimedia)...
A photo of Nastya looking like an 1980's rockstar will spin and appear - click on her!
The multimedia page should then be loaded!!! On the left-hand side is Фотографии or 'photographs' and on the right hand side is Видео or 'videos'!

Maybe people have already been here? But the whole French Open final is here (in 8 parts..) as well as Nastya's matches vs Patty and Sofia Arvidson in AO 2006. Also many press conferences... Nastya's match vs Martina Hingis in Dubai, a match in Tokyo (i'm not sure which because I haven't had time to look yet).. Recent match with Dinara in Indian Wells... Some audio files too!!

ENJOY!! :wavey:

There are now 4 videos from the Award's Dinner in Miami there now too! A fantastic one of Nastya with Anna Kournikova. They are worth looking at :)

iine:
Mar 25th, 2006, 06:06 AM
I'm not looking forward to checking the scores tomorrow and seeing Nastya lost. She has never performed well in Miami. Everything seems to be too perfect right now.
Yeah. I'm not going to follow the livescore of her match either and get 10 heart attacks. I will wait until the match is over,look at the scoreline and then get a heartattack.:lol:

selyoink
Mar 25th, 2006, 06:07 AM
I thought Pennetta was already moved out of Nastya's part of the draw, and replaced by Jankovic? :confused:

She better win!

Umm, maybe :confused:

All I know is Kutuzova is there as a lucky loser now.

And there is a thread in GM saying Pennetta withdrew as well.

selyoink
Mar 25th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Jankovic is still there. She is a potential 3rd round opponent. Pennetta would've been who Nastya was seeded to play in the 4th round. Now it is Kirilenko.

Almalyk
Mar 25th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Jankovic is still there. She is a potential 3rd round opponent. Pennetta would've been who Nastya was seeded to play in the 4th round. Now it is Kirilenko.

Oh a Nastya/Maria K match up... There has never been one of these has there? :hearts:

iine:
Mar 25th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Good luck today, Myskina. :yeah: And please, I beg you, please do your BEST!

_LuCaS_
Mar 25th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Kirilenko in 4th round in Miami ? :lol: this is a joke :(

cindy
Mar 25th, 2006, 03:49 PM
I was affraid of this bychkova...it seems that I was right...4/5 in the first set let's hope that nastya can come back

frenchie
Mar 25th, 2006, 03:52 PM
5/5 now

Bychkova is a dangerous retriever!!

goldenlox
Mar 25th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Bychkova is not Mauresmo.

cindy
Mar 25th, 2006, 04:06 PM
7/6 for nastya....now the same in better in the second set and it will be perfect!

frenchie
Mar 25th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Oh and Jankovic just lost to Azarenka as expected!!

cindy
Mar 25th, 2006, 04:38 PM
7/6 6/1 here it is!!!! great job nasty baby! keep on playing like in the second set for the rest of miami!

_LuCaS_
Mar 25th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Straight sets victory against Bychkova 7-6(2) 6-1. Neat ;)
70% 1st, 48% 2nd decent stats
19-32. Still spraying UEs, fortunately Ekaterina had a bigger spray (44) :lol:
On to the next round at least.

ARIANE 5
Mar 25th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Great job Nastya. Not easy in the first set, but a victory is a victory ;)

frenchie
Mar 25th, 2006, 04:42 PM
good news!
she still has doubles today with Dinara

denine
Mar 25th, 2006, 04:44 PM
scary first set, but she did great in the second!:D

KV
Mar 25th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Good win vs. Katya B. Undoubtedly Nastya won on form when it mattered, was pushed by Katya B. who played at the level of a top 50 ranked player.

denine
Mar 25th, 2006, 04:45 PM
good news!
she still has doubles today with Dinara
i think they'll lose :p

frenchie
Mar 25th, 2006, 04:57 PM
i think they'll lose :p

me too :tape:
Moreover Dinara lost yesterday so she doesn't want to spend more time in Miami, on hard ;)

goldenlox
Mar 25th, 2006, 05:06 PM
For Anastasia, any win is a good win.
I know she has the game to threaten anyone.
She needs a few wins to gain confidence.
Maybe this draw will do it.

angiee3
Mar 25th, 2006, 05:31 PM
nice job nastya.. good luck next round...

iine:
Mar 25th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Whoa. :D A straight sets victory! :yeah: Shaky first set, but a good second one. She may not played her best tennis coz there are still many UEs. But she's through to the next round and that's all that matters. :woohoo:

frenchie
Mar 25th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Another good thing is that Schiavone is losing right now!!
Nastya could become nr10 after this tourny.

Bubba08
Mar 25th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Another good thing is that Schiavone is losing right now!!
Nastya could become nr10 after this tourny.
Yeah she lost, everything is here for the comeback of Nastya in the top 10. :D
But we all know what happens with her when it is too easy. :scared:

Almalyk
Mar 25th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Well done Nastya - seems a good second set! :woohoo:

Now she is playing my biggest 'up-and-coming' fav who I saw live in Auckland... Azarenka is going to be a big deal in the future... I just hope she doesn't find that tomorrow. I'm still confident in Nastya.. Good luck!

Almalyk
Mar 25th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Out of doubles in the first round again - 64 62 loss... I'd rather she just plays singles though, and saves her energy to try to take advantage of this awesome draw.

selyoink
Mar 25th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Glad Nastya won. Clijsters is out as well. If Sharapova loses tonight then Nastya would have a cake-walk draw to the semis where she would likely meet good friend Lena D. or someone like ALG.

She just needs to take it one step at a time either way. If she doesn't make the quarters it will be a massive choke.

Spunky83
Mar 25th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Glad Nastya won. Clijsters is out as well. If Sharapova loses tonight then Nastya would have a cake-walk draw to the semis where she would likely meet good friend Lena D. or someone like ALG.

She just needs to take it one step at a time either way. If she doesn't make the quarters it will be a massive choke.

If Sharapova loses to Na Li, I will let go of my anti-depressants for good :angel:

Almalyk
Mar 26th, 2006, 12:18 AM
If Sharapova loses to Na Li, I will let go of my anti-depressants for good :angel:

I'd have a party too - it's already a good week with Davemport not playing, and Justine out already. All I need now is Maria to lose, and my three biggest :devil: are gone!!

selyoink
Mar 26th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Well Na has a chance. She is one of the best unseeded players in every tournament. She usually gets extremely crappy draws at the slams. Still Maria will probably win.

Nastya is 4th on court 1 tomorrow if I remember correctly.

Almalyk
Mar 26th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Well Na has a chance. She is one of the best unseeded players in every tournament. She usually gets extremely crappy draws at the slams. Still Maria will probably win.

Nastya is 4th on court 1 tomorrow if I remember correctly.

I can't wait to read Martirogi's reports and see his pics.

I'm still concerned about Azarenka tommorrow. I hope Nastya turns up in smart mode.

selyoink
Mar 26th, 2006, 12:41 AM
I can't wait to read Martirogi's reports and see his pics.

I'm still concerned about Azarenka tommorrow. I hope Nastya turns up in smart mode.

I too look forward to his report and pictures.

I'm not concerned with Azarenka though. She may be a future star but not yet she isn't. Nastya should win if her head is in the right place.

Almalyk
Mar 26th, 2006, 12:53 AM
I too look forward to his report and pictures.

I'm not concerned with Azarenka though. She may be a future star but not yet she isn't. Nastya should win if her head is in the right place.

I hope your right :)

iine:
Mar 26th, 2006, 12:57 AM
Nastya should win if her head is in the right place.

Yeah, IF! :scared:

martirogi
Mar 26th, 2006, 12:58 AM
match report:

myskina was very cranky oncourt today. she didn't look happy at all and just seemed perpetually frustrated. she basically did nothing to get to 4-3 in the first set. she was getting into rallies with bitchcova for no reason. no agression whatsoever. i was like- what the fuck r u doing, go for a shot. then she had a HORRIBLE service game. it was love-15 when she hit an overhead that didn't even bounce on the court. it literally went over the top of the fence. she was so embarassed/mad about it that she double faulted on the next point. so something happened.... all the matches seem the same right now.... (tatis match was literally almost the same 7-5, 6-0) so then at 5-6 she started coughing and i was like- hmm is she sick, is that why she's playing bad? but no. it was the fucking breathing problems again. she asked for the trainer. she did seem to start playing better. she was being more agressive and hitting her shots harder. she had three backhand winners in the tiebreak. the trainer came out for a while. they even called a doctor and he took her pulse, but they didnt really treat her with anything. no inhaler this time. it wasnt like she was gasping for breath like at the ao, but definately there were problems.

then the second set she calmed down and played ok. bitchcova got frustrated after myskina took the lead and really started doing bad. so that was the 76(2), 61 win. very unimpressive. i kept thinking- she'll never beat anyone good if she plays like this. so hopefully she improves in the next few rounds or else its just a given that she is horrible.

doubles-

Safina SUCKS!!!!! she didnt hold serve one fucking time and she kept going in the wrong place. myskina continued to have a shitty attitude, but she was playing well. for the first 3-4 games she was the star of the match. everyone oooed and awwed at her amazing shots. great backhands and even good vollies (last year she missed every volley i saw, so i was shocked) but with dinara around they were still down a break.
so then at 4-5 hilarity happened. safina and myskina were both at the back of the court and a ball was clearly hit long. they continued to play the point, but lost it. everyone in the crowd was talking about how far out it was. then they both started yelling at the chair umpire at the same time. it was so cute, they looked like little girls in class complaining to the teacher. then myskina yelled in the lineperson's face "didnt u see it". then she went up to the chair ump and they argued for a minute. the ump goes "i saw it the same way as the linesperson" and myskina goes "what about the 10 people in the stands". everyone laughed and applauded. it was great. then the next point the ump overruled a line call and goes "fault" he looked at myskina like he just did something great and she goes "yeah and it was a let too". it was SOOOOOOO funny. her attitude was the best at that point. but they lost that game. in the second set they had some good shots, but sugi showed off her great doubles skills, and team myskina really didnt care that much about trying to comeback. i mean dinara was on the phone chatting away 2 minutes after they lost.

so overall myskina was a bit disappointing. her oncourt attitude was not very good, frustrated and suffering the whole time. if she says she's happy oncourt now, id hate to have seen her when she was unhappy. not even a fistpump or anything after her win. she just walked to the net like she was changing ends.

i forgot to bring the cable that hooks my camera to the comp, so pictures will be online when i get back home on tues.

Almalyk
Mar 26th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Thanks for your honest report Martirogi! I hope she provides you with some more exciting and higher quality of tennis in her next matches. I hate to hear about her breathing problems too.

What was the serve like? How slow does the second one look in real time at the moment?

iine:
Mar 26th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Wonderful report!:worship: Doubles match sounded like fun. :D

Spunky83
Mar 26th, 2006, 01:10 AM
:lol: about Nastya in doubles...it´s scary sometimes

really wondering about her breathing problems

Almalyk
Mar 26th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Doesn't look like you will be coming of your anti-deps Spunky, and no party for me.. Sharapova already has a break :mad:

Spunky83
Mar 26th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Doesn't look like you will be coming of your anti-deps Spunky, and no party for me.. Sharapova already has a break :mad:

Yeah well... :o

God, this frikkin´ daylight saving time thing is killing me. Is it really already quarter to 5 am and I am still not asleep?!? :o :o :o

Almalyk
Mar 26th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Yeah well... :o

God, this frikkin´ daylight saving time thing is killing me. Is it really already quarter to 5 am and I am still not asleep?!? :o :o :o

Your about to get lighter nights at least - you can do more in the evening! It's darker earlier here now... here comes winter... great :tears:

martirogi
Mar 26th, 2006, 03:42 AM
Thanks for your honest report Martirogi! I hope she provides you with some more exciting and higher quality of tennis in her next matches. I hate to hear about her breathing problems too.

What was the serve like? How slow does the second one look in real time at the moment?

i was pleasantly surprised with nastya's first serve. last year it was flat, but today there was some type of spin or something on it that was very effective. (i think it was topspin but im not an expert and that might be stupid to say) and she mixed up the pace and placement VERY well. her second serve was just as pathetic as last year, but it didnt seem to harm her any in singles or doubles.

Almalyk
Mar 26th, 2006, 05:24 AM
i was pleasantly surprised with nastya's first serve. last year it was flat, but today there was some type of spin or something on it that was very effective. (i think it was topspin but im not an expert and that might be stupid to say) and she mixed up the pace and placement VERY well. her second serve was just as pathetic as last year, but it didnt seem to harm her any in singles or doubles.

I had noticed a bit more variety on Nastya's serve in Dubai. More slice it looked like too, then throwing in the odd flat one. It's good to hear it's still happening.

Any broken frames today? :p

selyoink
Mar 26th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the great report. Sounds like we are doomed to the inevitable letdown once again. Maybe Nastya will get her act together.

Was it hot during the day session? I know the night session was cold.

These breathing problems aren't very comforting.

Anyway have a great time tomorrow.

Almalyk
Mar 26th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Good luck again Nastya. Try to be more cheerful on the court too! I'll be sleeping once again, but i'll dream that you win in straight sets. Even if you are playing my third fav! :kiss: :hearts: :) :bigclap:

fleur137
Mar 26th, 2006, 10:46 AM
thanks for the report. at least nastya's first serve has "improved"...let's hope all her first serves land in so then she doesn't have to rely on second serve.
*sighs* this seems to be the only good news (apart from the fact that she won...) cricket's going bleh for me...now if only shriekarova could lose...hehehe

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 26th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Nastya better be in the right mood today
needs to stamp her authority over the lower ranked girls from the start.

go Nastya, win today and she overtakes the banshee :yeah:

denine
Mar 26th, 2006, 02:41 PM
im off to dreamland! Good luck!:D

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 26th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the report Martirogi:yeah:
I'm a little scary about Nastya's breathing problems because it's not the first time that happens, I really hope that is nothing serious. Obviously she can't be happy on court if she has this kind of troubles.
About Nastya's good volleis yesterday in doubles I'm not surprised because I saw her match vs Zheng in Dubai and I had noticed her improvements (she played 6-7 nice volleis that day) while her overhead shots are always... :tape:
Good luck vs Azarenka, go Nastya!!

miffedmax
Mar 26th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Nasty and Lena D. winning in straight sets on the same day? When was the last time that happened?

goldenlox
Mar 26th, 2006, 06:28 PM
This draw is super. I can't wait to see what happens

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 26th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Nasty and Lena D. winning in straight sets on the same day? When was the last time that happened?

Your question has intrigued me a lot :) At the beginning I wanted to reply you that it happened at RG 2004 semis :lol: but after a little research I found the answer: 4 October 2005, Filderstadt, Nastya beated Gehrlein 6-1 6-4 and Lena won 6-2 6-4 vs Ondraskova.
I understand why you didn't remember that. :lol:

goldenlox
Mar 26th, 2006, 07:46 PM
If she wins this match, she plays Anna C. in the R16.
That's some draw to the quarters.

No Name Face
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:12 PM
come on nastya :rocker2:

Almalyk
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Good luck Nastya! I'm actually going to be at work while you play... I guess I won't be doing much for that/those hour(s) :D

frenchie
Mar 26th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Nastya is going to step on court in a few minutes!
Let's hope she has a good day!

Almalyk
Mar 26th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Nastya is going to step on court in a few minutes!
Let's hope she has a good day!

Amelie has won 64 60 - so Nastya will be ready to play. But the scoreboard is broken at the moment. How frustrating :mad: :tears: :(

Good luck Nastya!

Almalyk
Mar 26th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Nastya takes first set 6-3 - not without her struggles though...

Almalyk
Mar 26th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Statistically a horrible match - but a win 63 75
Soooo many breaks of serve. But a win is a win.
Nastya now up to world number 11 too.
Good fight back from 3-5 down in second set, to win 4 straight games.
Next up Anna C. Must take revenge from US Open in 2004.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 26th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Nastya :yeah: :D
well done :banana: :)

toughed it out, glad it didnt go to a 3rd

now Nastya vs Anna again

frenchie
Mar 26th, 2006, 11:22 PM
solid win for Nastya
ranking-wise it was a good day too as Nastya is back to nr11 and with Schiavone, Hantuchova losing and Schnyder and Kuzzy struggling she can secure her spot

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 26th, 2006, 11:23 PM
It was the typical Nastya-match with a lot of breaks, a lot of ups and downs, luckily she has won the last 4 games. Well done, Nastya! I love the high 1st serve percentage that she is having in the last period.
And now Chakvetadze in the next round, I'm waiting this moment since US Open 2004 :fiery: :fiery:

Almalyk
Mar 26th, 2006, 11:32 PM
I can't wait to hear Martirogi's report on the match... I wish I was there to see it... Nastya is my absolute fav and Vika my 3rd fav.

selyoink
Mar 27th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Yay Nastya won again. Now she can go on a revenge tour against Chakvetadze for the 2004 US Open and Sharapova since she just generally seems to dislike her.

Almalyk
Mar 27th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Yay Nastya won again. Now she can go on a revenge tour against Chakvetadze for the 2004 US Open and Sharapova since she just generally seems to dislike her.

Let's hope for revenge. I think she can do it.

Sharapova has struggled in the second set of her last 2 matches. Perhaps she is tired physically. Although I can't believe she saved 8 set points today. Grrrrrrrrr :mad: Perhaps it will be a good time for Nastya to play her if she is tiring. Nastya might have a chance. I'd love that record to be 4-1 :)

martirogi
Mar 27th, 2006, 02:42 AM
you all she be VERY proud of nastya. she won a high quality match today. (even though i just looked at the stats and they're horrible) well to start out with lets talk about her opponent- victoria "fucking psycho" azarenko. what an annoying girl. poor nastya, vika gets hits the ball as hard as you can possibly imagine. harder than sharapova. of course she just throws herself kareeming into the ball, completely out of control. it was so fucking insane. the first few games nastya just had to deal with the power. vika ate her second serve. three return winners and two others that nastya couldnt get back in the first two games. at breakpoint down nastya missed the first serve and she just goes "fuck". she knew whatever she put out for the second serve was going to come back hurting. then i guess nastya learned where shed hit it becasue it wasnt a big issue the rest of the time. for the first set and a half nastya was steady. vika was making the errors. then she started playing a bit better aka less fucking insane. and nastya lost focus. she made more errors. so it went from 3-1 to 3-5 and vika served for the set. luckily i was there to scream for nastya. there were a bunch of random azarenko fans on the other side of the court and they were really loud. but nastya played SO well the last four games. both girls were hitting the shit out of the ball and myskina won all four games. they had some really great rallies and half the points seemed to end in winners. it made me so happy to see her play that well. i cant even describe how proud i was for her to finish it off like that.

more about the fucking psycho- shes really crazy. she was yelling at the ball kids. and she didnt let them roll the balls back to nastya's side when she served. she literally took the ball from the kid and hit it back to the other side with her racket. and then grabbed it from them when they forgot. everytime she missed a shot, which was every other point, she would look at her coach and make a face like- i cant believe i missed a shot. and to top it off she was really slow to get ready for the return. she kept making nastya wait to serve and it was really bothering nastyenka. but she's really good. ive never seen someone hit the ball so hard.

nastya missed two out of three easy swinging vollies so i guess thats not improved that much. she was hitting the first serve flat today, but i think its because vika hits the ball so hard.

i saw a bit of her practice before the match, but there was a court in between us so i couldnt get a good look. nastya seemed cranky with jens and she kept telling him he wasnt doing stuff right. jens was getting mad. nastya got really frustrated with him and just went to the back and sat down. then jens screamed at her that she was lazy. it was slightly intense. but everything seemed ok besides that.

yeah myskina for playing good today. :yeah:

Almalyk
Mar 27th, 2006, 03:02 AM
you all she be VERY proud of nastya. she won a high quality match today. (even though i just looked at the stats and they're horrible) well to start out with lets talk about her opponent- victoria "fucking psycho" azarenko. what an annoying girl. poor nastya, vika gets hits the ball as hard as you can possibly imagine. harder than sharapova. of course she just throws herself kareeming into the ball, completely out of control. it was so fucking insane. the first few games nastya just had to deal with the power. vika ate her second serve. three return winners and two others that nastya couldnt get back in the first two games. at breakpoint down nastya missed the first serve and she just goes "fuck". she knew whatever she put out for the second serve was going to come back hurting. then i guess nastya learned where shed hit it becasue it wasnt a big issue the rest of the time. for the first set and a half nastya was steady. vika was making the errors. then she started playing a bit better aka less fucking insane. and nastya lost focus. she made more errors. so it went from 3-1 to 3-5 and vika served for the set. luckily i was there to scream for nastya. there were a bunch of random azarenko fans on the other side of the court and they were really loud. but nastya played SO well the last four games. both girls were hitting the shit out of the ball and myskina won all four games. they had some really great rallies and half the points seemed to end in winners. it made me so happy to see her play that well. i cant even describe how proud i was for her to finish it off like that.

more about the fucking psycho- shes really crazy. she was yelling at the ball kids. and she didnt let them roll the balls back to nastya's side when she served. she literally took the ball from the kid and hit it back to the other side with her racket. and then grabbed it from them when they forgot. everytime she missed a shot, which was every other point, she would look at her coach and make a face like- i cant believe i missed a shot. and to top it off she was really slow to get ready for the return. she kept making nastya wait to serve and it was really bothering nastyenka. but she's really good. ive never seen someone hit the ball so hard.

nastya missed two out of three easy swinging vollies so i guess thats not improved that much. she was hitting the first serve flat today, but i think its because vika hits the ball so hard.

i saw a bit of her practice before the match, but there was a court in between us so i couldnt get a good look. nastya seemed cranky with jens and she kept telling him he wasnt doing stuff right. jens was getting mad. nastya got really frustrated with him and just went to the back and sat down. then jens screamed at her that she was lazy. it was slightly intense. but everything seemed ok besides that.

yeah myskina for playing good today. :yeah:

Thanks so much Martirogi!! Everyone will probably think i'm crazy for being an Azarenka fan now... Although, she wasn't acting like that in Auckland!! What happened to her!

Was Nastya behaving a bit more positive on court today? Was she fit pumping or looking excited after winning good rallies? That's what I want to hear!

Thanks for the report. Will you be at Nastya vs Anna C tomorrow? You got your wish, you will see her on an outside court again.

martirogi
Mar 27th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Was Nastya behaving a bit more positive on court today? Was she fit pumping or looking excited after winning good rallies? That's what I want to hear!

Thanks for the report. Will you be at Nastya vs Anna C tomorrow? You got your wish, you will see her on an outside court again.

she was better today, but she still never fist pumped or anything. she was calmer and looked frustrated only when she should have been frustrated. i cant recall seeing her smile tho :mad:

i cant believe anna k was there today and i didnt see her. and i can never find where jens is sitting during her matches. he doesnt sit in the players box next to the court, he sits in the stands with all the other people. i look where she always looks, but i never see him. for the first match i thought he wasnt there cuz i searched really good, but i saw him outside the court like 10 min after the match finished.

i will be there for her match tomorrow. though i wish it was earlier in the day. :mad:

Almalyk
Mar 27th, 2006, 03:25 AM
she was better today, but she still never fist pumped or anything. she was calmer and looked frustrated only when she should have been frustrated. i cant recall seeing her smile tho :mad:

i cant believe anna k was there today and i didnt see her. and i can never find where jens is sitting during her matches. he doesnt sit in the players box next to the court, he sits in the stands with all the other people. i look where she always looks, but i never see him. for the first match i thought he wasnt there cuz i searched really good, but i saw him outside the court like 10 min after the match finished.

i will be there for her match tomorrow. though i wish it was earlier in the day. :mad:

Thanks kindly :)
:bigclap: for Nastya tomorrow too!
I hope the crowd was supporting her a lot today, or were they for Azarenka?

selyoink
Mar 27th, 2006, 03:49 AM
Thanks again for the report Martirogi!

Sucks that Nastya will lose tomorrow. She can't possibly live up to her seeding. It isn't allowed.

martirogi
Mar 27th, 2006, 03:54 AM
Thanks kindly :)
:bigclap: for Nastya tomorrow too!
I hope the crowd was supporting her a lot today, or were they for Azarenka?

well there were a group of very loud people for azarenka. i was cheering for nastya after almost every point and a few other people cheered for her too, but they werent that loud.

martirogi
Mar 27th, 2006, 03:55 AM
nastya will win tomorrow. i know it. :D

Almalyk
Mar 27th, 2006, 04:33 AM

Good. I can't wait for her to match up with Sharapova.

fleur137
Mar 27th, 2006, 04:57 AM
thanks heaps for the report martirogi! wonder what's happening between her and jens....
anyway, great win! please win against anna c nastya cos i wanna see shriekarova lose!!

selyoink
Mar 27th, 2006, 05:05 AM

I hope your right but I'm prepared to be letdown assuming I can follow Nastya's match. It will probably be going on while I have class and I'll have to miss it though.

Anna C. has been playing great since the Sprem match. I hope she doesn't want to relive what was the biggest win of her career.

iine:
Mar 27th, 2006, 05:12 AM
Yahoo! Another win in straight sets!:rocker2: And a great fight back from 3-5! :yeah:
I'm also waiting for a Sharapova-Myskina match-up. :evil:

martirogi
Mar 27th, 2006, 01:46 PM
it will be myskina-kirilenko. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

hopefully :sad:

goldenlox
Mar 27th, 2006, 03:36 PM
This is an all Russian quarter. Nastya is good in these situatiions.

goldenlox
Mar 27th, 2006, 04:52 PM
http://images.nasdaq-100open.com/news/img22180f.jpg

iine:
Mar 27th, 2006, 05:15 PM
She looks really good! :D I think, I'm starting to like the long hair more and more. :yeah:

Almalyk
Mar 27th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Nastya will be on court soon.. GOOD LUCK.
Sharapova leads 5-1 3rd set vs Kirilenko... Hopefully we will have a Nastya/Maria duel.

miffedmax
Mar 27th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Wait--surely Martirogi is pulling our collective leg about Jens and Nastya having a shouting match.

I'm sure that could NEVER happen with our dear Nastya! :angel:

Seriously, thanks for the report.

fleur137
Mar 27th, 2006, 08:50 PM
darn...nastya on court soon and i have to go to school.........................
oh well. she better not be losing or have lost when i go and check the scores!!

Almalyk
Mar 27th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Nastya's name just appeared on the scoreboard. Time to level your H2H with Anna C :)

Good luck :bigclap:

Almalyk
Mar 27th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Nastya off to a good start 3-0 lead in set 1

She held her first game at love
Then broke Anna C at love (won first 8 points straight :) )
Then saved 2bp to go to 3-0

miffedmax
Mar 27th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Okay, I'm off the S.S. and on the rollercoaster for this tournament.

GOOOOOOO Nasty!!!!!!

frenchie
Mar 27th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Okay, I'm off the S.S. and on the rollercoaster for this tournament.

GOOOOOOO Nasty!!!!!!

yeah I was shocked to see Elena losing to Tati but even more shocked by the score :eek:

oh well, Nastya lost 6/2-6/1 to Patty and 6/1-6/3 to Dinara this year :rolleyes:

5/2 Nastya :bounce:

Almalyk
Mar 27th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Nastya takes first set 6-3
Just the one break of her serve too - only a small roller coaster ride so far :D

Almalyk
Mar 27th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Nastya 63 62!!!!!!
A great win!! It was even easy to follow! I can't believe it!!!!!!!!
Only broken once in each set, and she served it out too. Even if it took her until her 3 MP!!

:woohoo: :kiss: :bigclap: :) :) :Hearts: :kiss: ;)

ARIANE 5
Mar 27th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Yes yes yes
Nastya win 6/3 6/2
Great job today, serious match.

Very happy :bigclap:

miffedmax
Mar 27th, 2006, 10:51 PM
yeah I was shocked to see Elena losing to Tati but even more shocked by the score :eek:

oh well, Nastya lost 6/2-6/1 to Patty and 6/1-6/3 to Dinara this year :rolleyes:

5/2 Nastya :bounce:

Yes, even the best players (:lol: i.e. Lena and Nastya :lol:) can have bad days.

Still, with one of my faves making the Rnd of 16 and the other in the quarters, it's not so bad. They are both so cool.

selyoink
Mar 27th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I'm quite shocked that Nastya managed to live up to her seeding. I'm not optimistic about her chances tomorrow though.

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 27th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Yeeeesssss Nastya :bounce: :bounce:
The score is wonderful, the stats are great (16 of 23=70% points won on 2nd serve :worship: ). It was the best way to take revenge vs Anna C. after the US Open 2004.
And now finally Nastya vs Maria S., another match that not only me but also all Nastya fans were waiting since a long time. It's time to beat a top 10 player, goooo Nastya!!!

sinterklaasje
Mar 27th, 2006, 11:07 PM
:woohoo:
good job :yeah:
why does she have to play on such a crappy side court, not even stats about winners and UE :(
next match will be a tough one. Nastya-in-2004-form vs Masha would be a very interesting match, but now I don't know what to expect. I think Maria will take this one, but I hope Nastya proves me wrong.
davai Nastya !!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Almalyk
Mar 27th, 2006, 11:16 PM
I'm quite shocked that Nastya managed to live up to her seeding. I'm not optimistic about her chances tomorrow though.

I am more confident than I would have been awhile back. Nastya has beaten Masha 3 times, and in straight sets once. One was even a complete annihilation. I wish they both played tomorrow because Masha is likely to be more tired than Nastya. Obviously Maria has better recent form, but she has looked to struggle just a little this week. Whereas Nastya has had 3 straight set wins - when was the last time that happened?

I don't want to make a prediction for this match. But anything is possible. It would be a great step back for Nastya if she could pull it off, she would also enter the Top 10 again :)

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 27th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Unfortunately Nastya vs Maria will be played on Wednesday and not tomorrow.