PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

~|Naomi|~
Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:20 AM
Some of you are delerious. Don't expect any miracles soon, unless something changes.

I don't expect anything soon. But points wise she has virtually nothing to lose before the grass season, so mathematically her ranking should rise. imo only Kuznetsova and Hingis are likely to pass if anyone.

But at the end of they day she has the game. It is up to her.

Thauron
Mar 3rd, 2006, 01:18 PM
I don't think its about being delusional or not - its simply a matter of perspective.

One can look at her Win/Loss record which is 6/4 this year (3-1,2-1,1-1,0-1) as Tanihwa/Almalyk pointed out (- sorry I like your old name better, can't help it.) // EDIT: Oops, actually Michelle was first, not Almalyk //
I rather tend to look at to whom and how she lost:
Schynder (No, I didn't write Schiavone in my previous post - No way I did - besides you didn't notice it, didn't you? :o ) - There is no shame in losing against Schnyder, the way she lost was more than just dissapointing though - I have to admit that.
Dementieva was not that bad - A tight tree-setter against someone who was playing close to her top level at that moment (but those moments tend to be rather short like she admitted herself ;) )
There is no dishonour in losing against Hingis either - again, she might have put up more of a struggle but, like I said, nothing to be ashamed for.
Sugiyama: ok, the first loss which should have been a win for this year - but Ai is no nobody and reports say she does play rather well this week - I will see today how she fares against Petrova to have some opinion about how good she plays right now. Ok, she shouldn't have squandered all these leads but she did go down fighting to the very last point, which is positive.

So definately nothing to be raving deliriously about, nothing to become extremely pessimistic about either IMO. - Basically she is performing as a top 11-15 player right now, which is where she is too. Of course, we want her to do more, like she does herself I presume - but my world is not caving in because of these results either.

Conclusion: she is not at her top, the game is there sometimes, but the mental side is far from flawless.
Bad thing: more confidence is difficult to achieve - unless you win some big matches or tournaments - which is very difficult if you are low on confidence - we got a viscious circle there.
Good thing: one good win or one good run might be a turning point - can happen next week, can happen never at all - but I tend not to be overtly pessimistic - I find it rather depressing and counter-productive.

To change the subject - a good win in the Fed Cup against Clijsters or Henin might be a good starting point - but how big do you think her chances are for actually playing?
Dementieva should play two singles matches - that's a certainty.
Petrova/Kuznetzova should play the doubles - by far the best possible doubles team
In principle Petrova should play the other two singles matches, 'cause of her rankings - but I doubt this would be the best choice. - Kuznetzova is probably the best clay-courter of the four and I think Myskina has a bigger chance winning against both of my compatriots - did Petrova ever do something noteworthy against these two?

Sorry, far too long post again

Derek.
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Nastya did well in 2004 because she was very consistant, didn't make many unforced errors, and didn't beat herself. She won Roland Garros because she played very clean tennis and hardly made errors. Now she beats herself with double-faults and many unforced errors. She needs to find that balance, that rhythm she had in 2004. If she doesn't then she's just going to continue with the sub-par results.

goldenlox
Mar 4th, 2006, 04:32 PM
“The expectations of the fans and the global attention became too much for me. I couldn’t handle the pressure associated with fame and success,’ said Myskina.

This is what world class sports is about. It's why she makes so much money.
You have to play with a crowd watching, they pay Nastya's salary.

selyoink
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:20 PM
“The expectations of the fans and the global attention became too much for me. I couldn’t handle the pressure associated with fame and success,’ said Myskina.

This is what world class sports is about. It's why she makes so much money.
You have to play with a crowd watching, they pay Nastya's salary.

I definitely agree with you. I'm not going to feel bad for her about that. All athletes have to deal with pressure. Not a new phenomenon.

Daniel
Mar 5th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Go Nastya in IW :worship:

Almalyk
Mar 5th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Good luck in Indian Wells :kiss:

denine
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:24 AM
yeahh. good luck.:) hope she does much better this time.

selyoink
Mar 5th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Win a match or two or even three! :p

I'll be interested to see the draw. With a pretty weak field logic would say Nastya has a good chance to do well. Of course that is the same logic that ended up with Nastya losing her first match at Doha.

iine:
Mar 5th, 2006, 06:05 PM
I won't be expecting too much this time. I will be happy everything. I wish you all the best. :yeah:

angiee3
Mar 5th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Good luck Nastya...

she'll do much better this time....

Almalyk
Mar 5th, 2006, 09:06 PM
When is the draw out?

iine:
Mar 5th, 2006, 09:09 PM
When is the draw out?
I think the draw will be announced tomorrow.. pretty late.

Almalyk
Mar 5th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Nastya's last performance in IW (2004) resulted in a SF appearance where she lost to JHH 6-1 6-1. A Semi-final would certainly help her ranking in 2006. But there is no point making predictions... I guess we have to wait and see. With Nastya you just never know. I hope she will win at least a few rounds though.

Almalyk
Mar 6th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Nastya is seeded #5 at Indian Wells. She will face off against either Maria Sanchez Lorenzo or Mashona Washington in 2nd round.

Both Davenport and Hingis are in her quarter :(

Almalyk
Mar 6th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Nastya's section:

(5) Anastasia Myskina - bye
Maria Sanchez Lorenzo vs. Mashona Washington
Meghann Shaughnessy vs. Kaia Kanepi
(27) Marta Domachowska - bye
(23) Catalina Castaño - bye
(Q) qualifier vs. Akiko Morigami
Samantha Stosur vs. (Q) qualifier
(10) Dinara Safina - bye

(15) Jelena Jankovic - bye
Sybille Bammer vs. Jie Zheng
Saori Obata vs. (Q) qualifier
(19) Martina Hingis - bye
(31) Laura Granville - bye
Tathiana Garbin vs. Alona Bondarenko
(WC) Ashley Harkleroad vs. Zi Yan
(2) Lindsay Davenport - bye

selyoink
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Another great draw for Nasyta. She should, I stress should make the quarters then she would likely get demolished by Davenport or Hingis. No one really threatening in her section to make the quarters. If she can't get to the quarterfinals here then I don't know what kind of draw she would need to do so.

_LuCaS_
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Let's get to that QF :bounce:

iine:
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Yeah, it's another great draw for Nastya. Let's see what she makes out of it this time.
I wish you good luck!:yeah:

doofus
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:07 AM
go myskinA!

Almalyk
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:32 AM
go myskinA!

Welcome Doofus!
Feel free to join us in this crazy cheering thread! :wavey:

~|Naomi|~
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Another great draw for Nasyta. She should, I stress should make the quarters then she would likely get demolished by Davenport or Hingis. No one really threatening in her section to make the quarters. If she can't get to the quarterfinals here then I don't know what kind of draw she would need to do so.

I'm not so sure it is that good. Domachowska made a final a couple of weeks ago. Then Dinara who apart from her AO meltdown has been playing consistently well this year week in week out. Last time they met it was a tough 3 setter.

~|Naomi|~
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Welcome Doofus!
Feel free to join us in this crazy cheering thread! :wavey:

You are so friendly:) Which is a great thing:D

denine
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:52 AM
LOL. the draw doesnt matter anymore..:p

doofus
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:54 AM
THanks King... haha. :D

goldenlox
Mar 7th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Great draw, but she has to play well.

meyerpl
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Well, as we know, Nastya's toughest opponent is herself. If she makes it to the quarter-final, I think she would beat Hingis in a rematch. (just a gut feeling) As for Davenport.....she's always a tough opponent, but Nastya has beaten her before and can do it again. Nastya seems to often play up or down to the level of her competition.

selyoink
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:01 PM
I'm not so sure it is that good. Domachowska made a final a couple of weeks ago. Then Dinara who apart from her AO meltdown has been playing consistently well this year week in week out. Last time they met it was a tough 3 setter.

Marta is a wildly inconsistent player and she really shouldn't be a problem. Safina is a good player but I think Nastya has a mental edge over her.

meyerpl
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Marta is a wildly inconsistent player and she really shouldn't be a problem. Safina is a good player but I think Nastya has a mental edge over her.
I agree. I watched Domochowska (on T.V.) in the final at Memphis. She has some very good skills and seems mentally strong but as you said, wildly inconsistent. She kept fighting her way back into the match and would fearlessly go for big winners on huge points. I enjoyed watching her play.

Almalyk
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:48 PM

If Nastya lives up to her ranking - she should make the QF. Twice this year she has lived up this (AO and Tokyo) and twice she has fallen early (Doha and Dubai). I agree about Dinara - Nastya had the mental edge so far, I hope it continues.

sinterklaasje
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:40 PM
She can do well at IW, if she keeps her head cool.

I'm sooooooooo sad right now. I wanted to buy tickets for fed cup, but apparently it's all sold out. You can still order tickets according to the site, but I phoned and they told me there were no tickets left. :confused:
Do you have a ticket Spunky?
I guess it will be FC on television :bigcry:

Almalyk
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:17 PM

I'm sooooooooo sad right now. I wanted to buy tickets for fed cup, but apparently it's all sold out. You can still order tickets according to the site, but I phoned and they told me there were no tickets left. :confused:

Oh that is sad! It's always cool to have a Nastya fan from this thread at each tourny! I hope you find another way to get some!

Spunky83
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:01 AM

Not sure yet...I try to squeeze my way in. We´ll see.

~|Naomi|~
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:08 AM

Yeah but Anastasia right now is inconsistent as well, of course I think Anastasia would beat her but it could be a tough one depending on what anastasia turns up.

I'm not so sure she has a mental edge over Dinara. They played a tough one in Filderstadt but apart from that none of their other match ups are very recent.

I'm not saying it is a bad draw but it could have been better looking at the depth of the draw.

selyoink
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:28 AM
Nastya playing doubles with Safina. In first round they face Maria Elena Camerin and Tathiana Garbin.

Almalyk
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Nastya playing doubles with Safina. In first round they face Maria Elena Camerin and Tathiana Garbin.

I hope Nastya settles playing doubles with Dinara, and stops being a doubles slut. It's much easier when you know and learn your partners game too. It could help her in the 4th round too, if both players make it through.

~|Naomi|~
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:43 AM
My two favourite head cases playing together:worship: Great stuff:D

Almalyk
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:46 AM
My two favourite head cases playing together:worship: Great stuff:D

:devil: :o :D :p :eek: :mad: :lol: :tape: :fiery: :hearts: :kiss: :angel: :sad: :) all at the same time!!!!

~|Naomi|~
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Well I don't think they could ever be accused of being a boring team;)

denine
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:13 AM
:lol: doubles slut.

_LuCaS_
Mar 8th, 2006, 12:57 PM
It's just that Nastya knows Dinara very well.

goldenlox
Mar 8th, 2006, 03:37 PM
This is the softest super Tier I we'll ever see.
But her Doha draw was soft too.

(1)Raymond/Stosur vs Santangelo/Washington
Myskina/Safina vs Camerin/Garbin

Spunky83
Mar 8th, 2006, 07:54 PM
I hope Nastya settles playing doubles with Dinara, and stops being a doubles slut. It's much easier when you know and learn your partners game too. It could help her in the 4th round too, if both players make it through.

I do remember the last meeting between those two...that was beyond weird!

I am glad Nastya is playing with the player she has at least won the only doubles match so far this year. I know that most people here can´t care less in doubles but what happened to Nastya in doubles? 1-4 w/l? Ouch...

Almalyk
Mar 8th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I do remember the last meeting between those two...that was beyond weird!

I am glad Nastya is playing with the player she has at least won the only doubles match so far this year. I know that most people here can´t care less in doubles but what happened to Nastya in doubles? 1-4 w/l? Ouch...

Sometimes I wonder why she plays... especially in tournaments where there is very hot weather. Her doubles results were better when she was with Zvonareva. Hopefully they get better after a few matches with Dinara. Dinara is Nastya's dream partner!! :kiss: :hearts:

Nastya has titles with 4 different partners right? Sugiyama, Zvonareva, Hantuchova and Likhovtseva?

Derek.
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Good luck Nastya! :yeah:

itzhak
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Anastasia will NOT play in fed cup this year:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4788132.stm

Maria Sharapova will not make her Fed Cup debut for Russia when they launch the defence of their title against Belgium in April.
The Florida-based 19-year-old has repeatedly denied she does not want to represent her native country.

"It's quite untrue that I don't want to play for Russia," she said. "I have a Russian heart."

Sharapova does not want to follow hard-court events in Indian Wells and Miami with clay in Belgium.

"My body is just not ready after two tough tournaments to go and play Fed Cup," said Sharapova.

"It's my own personal decision, and I'm not going to be influenced by what anyone else does.

"I won't be forced into it. My body just isn't ready to go from hard courts to clay courts that quickly."

Anastasia Myskina has also pulled out of the tie.

"It's too much for me," she said. "This year I want to play for myself. I've played every time they asked me to play again, but it's been too much now."

Spunky83
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the info...think it´s a wise decision although Fed Cup always was something that could give Nastya some well needed spirit but I guess losses to Kim and/or Justine won´t do much good anyway.

Russia is so going down in that tie...on the other (personal) side: damn it...I wanted to see Nastya playing JHH!

sinterklaasje
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:06 AM
:eek:
I spent hours on the phone to get tickets (ok, a bit exaggerated) and now she won't be playing !!! (though I'm still not sure that I'll have the tickets, the ticket service sucks big time)
but maybe she'll change her mind, it's Nastya after all
Nastya, I want you to play this tie of FC :armed:
damn :(

itzhak
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Lena said today that she and Nadia will play against Belgium

Almalyk
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Anastasia will NOT play in fed cup this year:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4788132.stm

Maria Sharapova will not make her Fed Cup debut for Russia when they launch the defence of their title against Belgium in April.
The Florida-based 19-year-old has repeatedly denied she does not want to represent her native country.

"It's quite untrue that I don't want to play for Russia," she said. "I have a Russian heart."

Sharapova does not want to follow hard-court events in Indian Wells and Miami with clay in Belgium.

"My body is just not ready after two tough tournaments to go and play Fed Cup," said Sharapova.

"It's my own personal decision, and I'm not going to be influenced by what anyone else does.

"I won't be forced into it. My body just isn't ready to go from hard courts to clay courts that quickly."

Anastasia Myskina has also pulled out of the tie.

"It's too much for me," she said. "This year I want to play for myself. I've played every time they asked me to play again, but it's been too much now."

I'm pleased she will play for herself this year. She has been a vital part of the team for several of the last years, especially 2004 and 2005.

angiee3
Mar 9th, 2006, 01:20 AM
well. yeah.. its nice to know that she wants to play for herself this year....
when she finds her game again it would be nice seeing play FC again....

selyoink
Mar 9th, 2006, 05:27 AM
I'm glad she isn't playing because I wouldn't like her chances against Henin-Hardenne and Clijsters. Russia will have its work cut out. Have to win the doubles and hope they can get two singles wins.

Foot's Fingers
Mar 9th, 2006, 08:26 AM
gOOD lUCK IN iw nASTYA!!!

Almalyk
Mar 9th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Myskina/Safina vs Camerin/Garbin

10th on court 2 tommorrow! Good luck girls!

Almalyk
Mar 9th, 2006, 09:00 AM
And Washington has beaten MSL so Nastya will play her in 2nd round. Likely friday I guess.

Good luck!

iine:
Mar 9th, 2006, 01:17 PM
I wish you all the best for your matches.;) Rock it, girl!:rocker2:

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:43 PM
"No Fed Cup, no way"
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060308/capt.837e037db8824b3c84033f1c1c23bc04.indian_wells _tennis_caea101.jpg

goldenlox
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:47 PM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2006-03-09/U1426P6T12D2091677F44DT20060309113429.jpg

"Hillary Clinton has a new diamond ring. It’s oversized and flawed – just like her husband. "

iine:
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:41 PM
"Hillary Clinton has a new diamond ring. It’s oversized and flawed – just like her husband. "

Rofl.:rolls:

Wonderful pics! Nastya looks :yeah:

Almalyk
Mar 9th, 2006, 10:16 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/5393868?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=199?

IMHO opinion - great and realistic article about Nastya and Maria.

denine
Mar 9th, 2006, 10:24 PM

Inner peace, nastya, inner peace. :yeah:

selyoink
Mar 9th, 2006, 11:15 PM
It is a good article. Nastya has been saying this since the start of the year. I just hope if she does regain her confidence she can regain her place among the top players in tennis. She is beginning to run out of chances though. The year is still young but soon enough 3 of 4 slams will have been played. She needs to make her move soon.

Derek.
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Nastya seems very wise. Like she said, once she gets her confidence back, I believe she'll be a threat once again. :D

Dan23
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:38 AM

Its good to see the quotes from Nastya and Maria but I think theres some pretty poor comments made in that article. Im not sure if Cronin has even seen Maria and Nastya play :p

Derek.
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Its good to see the quotes from Nastya and Maria but I think theres some pretty poor comments made in that article. Im not sure if Cronin has even seen Maria and Nastya play :p

Get out of here you Sharapova-fan troll! :ras:

;) :p

Dan23
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Get out of here you Sharapova-fan troll! :ras:

;) :p
:speakles:
thanks for the nice welcome Derek :sobbing:

Derek.
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:47 AM
:speakles:
thanks for the nice welcome Derek :sobbing:

You know I'm kidding. :p

martirogi
Mar 10th, 2006, 02:09 AM
im likin the new avatar jedem ;)

Almalyk
Mar 10th, 2006, 02:57 AM
im likin the new avatar jedem ;)

Hi Martirogi :D :wavey:

I like avatar too Jedem :wavey:

Almalyk
Mar 10th, 2006, 03:00 AM

Am I one of few people who actually like Cronin's writing? :confused: :tape:

Dan23
Mar 10th, 2006, 03:46 AM
Maybe ;) He just seems to float with the wind, one week he'll be praising a player and the next hes doing the opposite. Maria seems to be a favourite of his to write about.

Almalyk
Mar 10th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Nastya/Dinara lost 6-4 4-6 4-6 :( Probably a long match too. I hope she is not tired for first round match versus Washington.

selyoink
Mar 10th, 2006, 05:20 AM

I'm pretty sure Spunky likes Cronin.

selyoink
Mar 10th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Damn Nastya sucks at doubles now.

She is up 3rd on stadium 2 tomorrow. First is Groenefeld vs. Schruff and then ATP Goldstein vs. Martin.

iine:
Mar 10th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Nastya/Dinara lost 6-4 4-6 4-6 :( Probably a long match too. I hope she is not tired for first round match versus Washington.
Ah mon dieu! .. Well, I hope she will do better in singles. ;)

Good luck today, Nastya!:rocker2:

Spunky83
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:13 PM
I'm pretty sure Spunky likes Cronin.

That guy is like my total tennis journalism hero :worship:

He might have caused some controversy over the years (rumours have it that a bunch of players can´t stand him, probably incl. Nastya) but he´s one of the few writers who don´t treat tennis like two hours of pure stats but focuses on the humans behind the sport and their emotions.

Cronin always mentions Nastya´s ´intellectual´, ´smart´ game no matter what and he was defending Justine after the AusOpen´06...yeah, I like him and he knows that (he once responded to an email;)).

Spunky83
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:15 PM

Uhh...someone who criticizes Masha and Nastya certainly knows nothing about tennis. Oh come on :confused:

miffedmax
Mar 10th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Well, my only complaint is that it's obviously going to be Nasty and Lena D who dominate the tour. I guess Maria might win at Wimbledon though.

selyoink
Mar 10th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Well, my only complaint is that it's obviously going to be Nasty and Lena D who dominate the tour. I guess Maria might win at Wimbledon though.

:lol:

meyerpl
Mar 10th, 2006, 04:38 PM
First, the tour. Then.................THE WORLD!

miffedmax
Mar 10th, 2006, 04:48 PM
First, the tour. Then.................THE WORLD!

Yes, I'm hoping that the Co-Tsarina's will name me Grand Duke of Texas or something after the world revolution. I'm sure all of us will be rewarded for our steadfast loyalty.

:worship: Empress Elena :worship:
:worship: Empress Nastya :worship:

selyoink
Mar 10th, 2006, 07:00 PM
The Groenefeld match is over already so only one more match before Nastya. She should start in about 2 hours then barring a real marathon match or super quick match.

selyoink
Mar 10th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Its Nasty time :bounce: :bounce:

selyoink
Mar 10th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Nastya has won the first set 6-2 without much trouble. Did take three set points but she faced no break points the entire set. That has to be pretty rare for Nastya.

Almalyk
Mar 10th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Nastya has won the first set 6-2 without much trouble. Did take three set points but she faced no break points the entire set. That has to be pretty rare for Nastya.

Yes what a good first set - haven't followed one so easy from Nastya in awhile - here's hoping set 2 will be a rolll over too :)

Almalyk
Mar 10th, 2006, 09:33 PM
That guy is like my total tennis journalism hero :worship:

He might have caused some controversy over the years (rumours have it that a bunch of players can´t stand him, probably incl. Nastya) but he´s one of the few writers who don´t treat tennis like two hours of pure stats but focuses on the humans behind the sport and their emotions.

Cronin always mentions Nastya´s ´intellectual´, ´smart´ game no matter what and he was defending Justine after the AusOpen´06...yeah, I like him and he knows that (he once responded to an email;)).

I totally agree Spunky! It's very interesting to read his articles. Must be since both of us have journalist-type careers that we appreciate him. :wavey: :p

itzhak
Mar 10th, 2006, 09:47 PM
rain...

itzhak
Mar 10th, 2006, 09:48 PM
and now playing again...

Almalyk
Mar 10th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Nastya wins another quick game 3-1 :)

itzhak
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:01 PM
again rain when Nastya is serving for the match....

Almalyk
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Rain with Nastya serving at 6-2 5-2 15-0
How annoying. Hope she comes back just as concentrated.

selyoink
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:16 PM
I wonder if Nastya has ever won a match without facing a break point?

If she can be focused to finish things once her match restarts she should win without facing a break point.

Almalyk
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I wonder if Nastya has ever won a match without facing a break point?

If she can be focused to finish things once her match restarts she should win without facing a break point.
I wonder if she has ever won a match without facing a BP too. I know she has won a match without being broken (6-0 6-0) but not facing a breakpoint is pretty awesome too!

selyoink
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Nastya has double bagelled someone before?

Almalyk
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Nastya has double bagelled someone before?

Fed Cup SF 2004 - Some poor Austrian girl. She did it in Moscow too.
:D

selyoink
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:28 PM
She also double bagelled Ksenia Gorbunova in qualifiying for a Tashkent challenger in 1998.

selyoink
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:30 PM
No double bagels in Moscow though. Just a lot of bagel sets. I remember that Wartusch match in Fed Cup now. I just didn't realize it was a double bagel.

Almalyk
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:31 PM
She also double bagelled Ksenia Gorbunova in qualifiying for a Tashkent challenger in 1998.

Cool! She has had quite a few 6-0 6-1 wins too - I can think of at least 3. Has Nastya ever lost 6-0 6-0? I don't recall? I wonder what her worst losing score is? Not that we should be talking about that while she is serving for a match! :tape:

Almalyk
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:32 PM
No double bagels in Moscow though. Just a lot of bagel sets. I remember that Wartusch match in Fed Cup now. I just didn't realize it was a double bagel.

Sorry I was referring to the Wartusch 6-0 6-0 as the double bagel in Moscow - I think Fed Cup SF were in Moscow that year. :drool:

selyoink
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:33 PM
From the years I looked at she was not on the receiving end of any double bagels. I can remember her losing 6-1, 6-1 to Henin-Hardenne once.

denine
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:34 PM
there is a rain delay?

Almalyk
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:35 PM
there is a rain delay?

Yes, and Nastya was playing very well before it :mad:

selyoink
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:38 PM
She lost 6-2, 6-0 to Evie Dominikovic once in 1999 at a challenger. That is pretty bad.

She lost 6-0, 6-1 to Catalina Castano in 2001.

That is the worst loss of her career. To Catalina Castano :rolleyes:

Almalyk
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:40 PM
She lost 6-2, 6-0 to Evie Dominikovic once in 1999 at a challenger. That is pretty bad.

She lost 6-0, 6-1 to Catalina Castano in 2001.

That is the worst loss of her career. To Catalina Castano :rolleyes:

What a horrible loss! Was she injured about that time? Didn't Castano lose 6-0 6-1 to Navratilova in Wimby 2004? :tape:

selyoink
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Her 2001 record was 24-19. The Castano loss was her second match of the year. Both losses. I wasn't a tennis fan yet so I have no idea if she was hurt or just sucked.

selyoink
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:46 PM
And yes Castano did lose 6-0, 6-1 to Navratilova at Wimbledon.

Almalyk
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Her 2001 record was 24-19. The Castano loss was her second match of the year. Both losses. I wasn't a tennis fan yet so I have no idea if she was hurt or just sucked.

2002 was Nastya's first really decent year on the tour. I have a feeling she had an operation in 2001.

Derek.
Mar 10th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Wow, nice to see Nastya has a nice big lead and seems to be playing well. Hopefully the rain will stop and Nastya can finish her off. :D

denine
Mar 10th, 2006, 11:26 PM
is this rain ever gonna stop?! :(

selyoink
Mar 10th, 2006, 11:57 PM
is this rain ever gonna stop?! :(

Doesn't look that way at the moment. And it is supposed to rain tomorrow from what other posters have said.

Almalyk
Mar 11th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Doesn't look that way at the moment. And it is supposed to rain tomorrow from what other posters have said.

Anyone remember Nastya's 4th round match vs Mary Pierce at US open 2003? They went on court several times over 3 days. Rain :eek:

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 11th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Hi to everyone! :)
I'm new here in this board! I have posted a lot of times in the guestbook of a-m.com so people that visit that great site should know me very well! ;)

Anyone remember Nastya's 4th round match vs Mary Pierce at US open 2003? They went on court several times over 3 days. Rain :eek:

OMG! Nastya vs Pierce, US Open 2003. I will never forget that match because it was the FIRST TIME that I have seen Nastya on TV and I fell immediately in love with her. :hearts:

P.S. This rain interruption at 6-2 5-2 15-0 is something unbelievable :mad:

Almalyk
Mar 11th, 2006, 12:33 AM
I'm new here in this board! I have posted a lot of times in the guestbook of a-m.com so people that visit that great site should know me very well! ;)

OMG! Nastya vs Pierce, US Open 2003. I will never forget that match because it was the FIRST TIME that I have seen Nastya on TV and I fell immediately in love with her. :hearts:

Welcome to the cheering thread! The more Nastya fans the better!

Almalyk
Mar 11th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Nastya takes a 6-2 6-2 win. By far her most impressive performance in a long time. No double faults, and she was not broken. Only break point was in last game after the rain, and she saved it. Good luck vs Marta!!

Bubba08
Mar 11th, 2006, 02:01 AM
An easy win with no drama for Nastya :unsure:, this sentence is weird :p
Good luck vs Domachowska! :banana:

selyoink
Mar 11th, 2006, 02:09 AM
Of course Nastya had to save a break point in the last game. She had to make sure there was a sliver of drama.

Derek.
Mar 11th, 2006, 02:27 AM
Great job Nastya! :D I'm very happy with this win, because it looks like she played a clean match. :bounce: Good luck in the second round! :yeah:

Of course Nastya had to save a break point in the last game. She had to make sure there was a sliver of drama.

denine
Mar 11th, 2006, 03:43 AM
wow. great performance by her today. hope she keeps it up! :yeah:

iine:
Mar 11th, 2006, 06:18 AM
wow :eek: This was a clean match for a change.:D Keep it going, Nastya!:yeah:

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 11th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Nastya :D :) :)
thats much more like it ;) :) an easy win :bolt:

frenchie
Mar 11th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Hello I just came back from my trip!!!

After the Doha disaster, I think this is a good win!!!
BTW I'd like to know if she had a MP against Sugiyama

sinterklaasje
Mar 11th, 2006, 08:59 AM
convincing win
well done Nastya :yeah:

cindy
Mar 11th, 2006, 10:16 AM
finally a good match!!!! I hope she can do some more...well done nastya!

RR-87
Mar 11th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Hello I just came back from my trip!!!

After the Doha disaster, I think this is a good win!!!
BTW I'd like to know if she had a MP against Sugiyama
I can't remember mps in Nastya - Ai match, instead of it, she saved two mps in second set :p

RR-87
Mar 11th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Well done Nastya! Good luck in 3rd round! :worship:

Spunky83
Mar 11th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Finally an easy win!

70% first serves in => keep that up!
75% points won on first serve => now keep THAT up;)
60% " " " second " => a keeper as well;)

Just one breakchance for Mashona in the game when Nastya served for the match but that´s probably due to the long rain delay.

Would be nice if Nastya could stay that focused!

Spunky83
Mar 11th, 2006, 12:50 PM
I totally agree Spunky! It's very interesting to read his articles. Must be since both of us have journalist-type careers that we appreciate him. :wavey: :p

Do you think it would be too crazy to approach him when I see him somewhere in the press area someday? At the Davis Cup between Germany and France in February I met one from the L´Equipe and that guy who always do the interviews and long articles for the Fed Cup/Davis Cup sites...Chris something.

Mr. Cronin...I LOOOOVE your work :hearts: :lol:

Spunky83
Mar 11th, 2006, 12:56 PM

We know us very well;) Sorry that the guestbook doesn´t work anylonger but all the spam has become just incredibly irritating. Hopefully there´ll be a new one up soon. Greets, Yee Wah

_LuCaS_
Mar 11th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Congrats Nastya :D
Keep it this way please

frenchie
Mar 11th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Nastya can surprise us at this tournament!!

KV
Mar 11th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Good comfortable win :D

goldenlox
Mar 11th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Now Sveta has pulled out of the Fed Cup tie against Belgium.
So if Lena or Nadia pull out, Tarpischev might ask Nastya to reconsider her decision.

goldenlox
Mar 11th, 2006, 04:00 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20060310/t/r2239162363.jpg (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=53720273/K=myskina/v=2/SID=e/l=NIR/R=1/;_ylt=A9htfMSP8xJESIEBtQXRtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHZkMj ZyBHBvcwMxBHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=137ov32fb/EXP=1142179087/*-http%3A//story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060310/ids_photos_sp/r2239162363.jpg) Line judges prepare to leave the court one hour into the match between Anastasia Myskina of Russia and Mashona Washington of the U.S. after play was suspended due to a rain delay at the Pacific Life Open tennis tournament in Indian Wells, California March 10, 2006. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok

Reuters - Mar 10 2:45 PM

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20060310/t/r168368065.jpg (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=53720273/K=myskina/v=2/SID=e/l=NIR/R=2/;_ylt=A9htfMSP8xJESIEBtgXRtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBjdmNoOT VjBHBvcwMyBHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=13660vrqg/EXP=1142179087/*-http%3A//story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060310/ids_photos_sp/r168368065.jpg) A line judge prepares to leave the court of the match between Anastasia Myskina of Russia and Mashona Washington of the U.S. after play was suspended due to a rain delay at the Pacific Life Open tennis tournament in Indian Wells, California March 10, 2006. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok

Reuters - Mar 10 2:47 PM

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20060310/thumb.sge.tbm02.100306121435.photo00.photo.default-264x384.jpg (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=53720273/K=myskina/v=2/SID=e/l=NIR/R=3/;_ylt=A9htfMSP8xJESIEBtwXRtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBjcXBoZj EwBHBvcwMzBHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=13r91q8p1/EXP=1142179087/*-http%3A//story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060310/photos_sp_wl_afp/7a71f0b411fe6f9537a86175dc98b6ba) Russian tennis star Anastasia Myskina announced that she will skip this season's Fed Cup campaign.(AFP/File/Toru Yamanaka)

AFP/File - Mar 10 4:14 AM

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20060308/t/r372093627.jpg (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=53720273/K=myskina/v=2/SID=e/l=NIR/R=4/;_ylt=A9htfMSP8xJESIEBuAXRtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBjb3ZrYj NkBHBvcwM0BHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=1369pkglq/EXP=1142179087/*-http%3A//story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060308/ids_photos_sp/r372093627.jpg) Anastasia Myskina of Russia smiles during a news conference at the Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells, California March 8, 2006. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok

Reuters - Mar 08 2:40 PM

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060308/thumb.837e037db8824b3c84033f1c1c23bc04.indian_well s_tennis_caea101.jpg (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=53720273/K=myskina/v=2/SID=e/l=NIR/R=5/;_ylt=A9htfMSP8xJESIEBuQXRtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBjZGM1ZG E1BHBvcwM1BHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=13e3icrv4/EXP=1142179087/*-http%3A//story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060308/483/837e037db8824b3c84033f1c1c23bc04) Anastasia Myskina, of Russia, reacts to a question during an interview at the Pacific Life Tennis Open in Indian Wells, Calif. Wednesday, March 8, 2006. Myskina is seeded 5th in the tournament. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)

AP - Mar 08 1:38 PM

goldenlox
Mar 11th, 2006, 06:39 PM
IW
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2006-03-11/U1535P6T12D2096028F44DT20060311185116.jpg

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2006-03-11/U1535P6T12D2096029F44DT20060311185130.jpg

Almalyk
Mar 11th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Do you think it would be too crazy to approach him when I see him somewhere in the press area someday? At the Davis Cup between Germany and France in February I met one from the L´Equipe and that guy who always do the interviews and long articles for the Fed Cup/Davis Cup sites...Chris something.

Mr. Cronin...I LOOOOVE your work :hearts: :lol:

You should approach him! Then I will be very jealous too! See if he can leak anymore of Nastya's secrets out for you :tape: ;)

Spunky83
Mar 11th, 2006, 11:19 PM
You should approach him! Then I will be very jealous too! See if he can leak anymore of Nastya's secrets out for you :tape: ;)

One thing´s for sure: He is definetly a better writer than he is a commentator. He does the commentating for a few Grand Slam websites during matches...he should stay behind the computer;)

Derek.
Mar 12th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Bravo Nastya for serving so well! :bigclap: Keep these stats up and you will be back to the top soon! :yeah:

angiee3
Mar 12th, 2006, 02:05 AM
great job nastya... keep up the good work!!!!

Almalyk
Mar 12th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Nastya can surprise us at this tournament!!

Welcome back from your vacation - how was it? :worship:

Derek.
Mar 12th, 2006, 06:02 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/Derek1206/myskinaid2_redimensionner.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/Derek1206/myskinaid_redimensionner.jpg

Almalyk
Mar 12th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Nice pics! I like her hair like that! She looks very exotic :D

frenchie
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Welcome back from your vacation - how was it? :worship:

It was great :bounce:
I don't know the english word but it was a trip around the mediterranean sea with a boat. I visited Italy, Egypt, Chyprus, Rhodes, Malta and Libya
I had a lot of fun

....I was so delighted to see Nastya won her first round match :angel:

cindy
Mar 12th, 2006, 11:04 AM
frenchie....must have been realy great! j'espere que tu as vu la sud de l'italie!!!! (moi ma famille vient de là...)

martirogi
Mar 12th, 2006, 03:26 PM
I don't know the english word but it was a trip around the mediterranean sea with a boat. I visited Italy, Egypt, Chyprus, Rhodes, Malta and Libya
I had a lot of fun

that sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

its always been my dream to go to egypt :sad: and all the other places are wonderful too!!!

_LuCaS_
Mar 12th, 2006, 04:21 PM
I had a lot of fun

....I was so delighted to see Nastya won her first round match :angel:
So you went on a cruise. Sweet :D

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 12th, 2006, 04:48 PM
We know us very well;) Sorry that the guestbook doesn´t work anylonger but all the spam has become just incredibly irritating. Hopefully there´ll be a new one up soon. Greets, Yee Wah

Thanks for the news! :)

P.S. Good luck to Nastya for the 3rd round match.

frenchie
Mar 12th, 2006, 05:32 PM
frenchie....must have been realy great! j'espere que tu as vu la sud de l'italie!!!! (moi ma famille vient de là...)

I went to Naples ;)

A cruise!!! That's it Lucas ;)
And for Martirogi, Egypt was my favorite place to visit! I saw the 3 Gizeh pyramides (they are not like in the movies at all :confused: ), the Sphinx (well, one of the several Sphinx. I didn't know that) and I had lunch on a boat on the Nil :bounce:

BTW important match for Nastya today!I think she should win in 2 because Marta is very erratic even she has played gooq tennis recently ;)

Almalyk
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:23 PM
I went to Naples ;)

A cruise!!! That's it Lucas ;)
And for Martirogi, Egypt was my favorite place to visit! I saw the 3 Gizeh pyramides (they are not like in the movies at all :confused: ), the Sphinx (well, one of the several Sphinx. I didn't know that) and I had lunch on a boat on the Nil :bounce:

BTW important match for Nastya today!I think she should win in 2 because Marta is very erratic even she has played gooq tennis recently ;)

Sounds awesome Frenchie! You are really lucky!

Good luck today vs Marta! Stay focussed and play liek you did in the first match Nastya!! :hearts:

Derek.
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Sounds so fun frenchie! :)

Good luck Nastya! :D

angiee3
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:34 AM
nastya has won firt set 7-5...

denine
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:11 AM
:woohoo: another two setter win! :D

Almalyk
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Just a 2 set rollercoaster today!! Actually she finished well in both sets, just a little slow to start!

Well done Nastya :bigclap:

selyoink
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Nastya won 7-5, 6-3. She served for the first set at 5-3 I believe but of course failed. She broke to win the set. Shockingly she was able to hold serve to win the match.

So far so good.

angiee3
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:15 AM
yeap.. so far so good...
i was kind of getting worried in the first set...
but everything came out ok....
good luck next round... who is she going to play against next?

Almalyk
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:16 AM
Nastya won 7-5, 6-3. She served for the first set at 5-3 I believe but of course failed. She broke to win the set. Shockingly she was able to hold serve to win the match.

So far so good.

Some things about Nastya always puzzle me. She has made no DF in this tournament so far, and her winning % off 2nd serves was much higher than her first serve today!!

A win is a win though. Looks like Dinara will be next up. :bounce:

Dan23
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Nice win in the end :cool:

Derek.
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Great job Nastya! :D Good luck in the next round! :D :woohoo: :yeah:

Almalyk
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Nastya will play Dinara, who has beaten Meng.

Nastya leads the H2H 4-0:

H2H - Myskina leads 4-0

03 Doha Myskina 62, 75
03 Dubai Myskina 64, 63
03 French Myskina 62, 62
05 Filderstadt Myskina 76(6), 67(3), 75

Time to make it 5-0 :bounce: :bigclap: :) :D

Daniel
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Good luck Nastya vs Dinara :D :bounce: :worship:

selyoink
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:48 AM
You can see highlights of Nastya's match against Domachowska at http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/AtpLogin/IndianWells.

You have to register to see the videos I think but it is free so it shouldn't be a problem.

Must have been cold since Nastya played in sweatpants at the beginning of the match.

_LuCaS_
Mar 13th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Another 2 sets win? Nice job. Next is Dinara. THis should be more difficult, but Nastya must win.

_LuCaS_
Mar 13th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Some things about Nastya always puzzle me. She has made no DF in this tournament so far, and her winning % off 2nd serves was much higher than her first serve today!!

A win is a win though. Looks like Dinara will be next up. :bounce:
Now this is good news. Finally a change :D

Foot's Fingers
Mar 13th, 2006, 09:27 AM
win in 2 sets 2 times in row..... Is it Myskina? Really?

Well, Dinara - Nastya comes..... Good Luck

cindy
Mar 13th, 2006, 10:48 AM
it looks like the lost match against ai gave her sort of good shok!
well done nasrtya if she wins against dina I'll think that her mental problem is over and that she will win some tournement...maybe not this one but who knows?

Spunky83
Mar 13th, 2006, 10:52 AM
My beloved serve stats;)

76% first serves in (1st set)
73% first serves in (2nd set)

Gotta go watch the highlights!

_LuCaS_
Mar 13th, 2006, 11:03 AM
This looks so good and then comes the QF match (if she passes Safina) where she's destroyed in straight sets, bagel and breadstick.
Title anyone?

Spunky83
Mar 13th, 2006, 11:16 AM
I am right now uploading the highlights, so you guys don´t have to register first (although it might be cool to watch the other matches as well;))

How highlights never fail to ´highlight´ Cutie-J regardless of their running time is certainly great :lol:

Spunky83
Mar 13th, 2006, 11:29 AM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y9WVE1SN

The highlights clip (4 minutes) from pacificlifeopen.tv uploaded here

cindy
Mar 13th, 2006, 12:53 PM
thx spunky...great vid'...love the fact that she was playing with in pants!!! it must be very cold...or it is just nastya...??? don't know why but I think that nastya is chilly!!!!

frenchie
Mar 13th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Thank you Spunky ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 13th, 2006, 02:28 PM
thanx Spunky for the upload :)

good win for Nastya :D :) had some shaky moments though (always :lol: )

RR-87
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Well done Nastya :yeah:

martirogi
Mar 13th, 2006, 03:20 PM
thanks spunk master j :worship:

good job myskii :hearts:

goldenlox
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:07 PM
I noticed that fastscripts isn't posting any Anastasia interviews, but they have Ivanovic :confused:
This will be a good match. Dinara is #17, not far behind Anastasia.

KV
Mar 13th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Good win! :D now follows the one hrt mother's Nastya's first coach at Spartak.

Spunky83
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Ola just told me that we will receive a press badge for the Fed Cup event in Belgium...such a freaking pity that Nastya won´t play, otherwise it would have been more than just awesome;)

goldenlox
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:21 PM
I have a feeling that Nadia will pull out, and Nastya will be there.
Nadia is entered every week after Miami.

Spunky83
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:46 PM
I have a feeling that Nadia will pull out, and Nastya will be there.
Nadia is entered every week after Miami.

Several people are assuming that actually. However wouldn´t it be weird if Nastya only came back just for the sake of the weakened team? I know she´s super patriotic but does that ever happen? She seemed so sure about not to play...on the other side, it´s Nastya, who knows. I wouldn´t mind ;)

cindy
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:36 PM
I hope she will play...if nadia doesn't play and sveta pull out too...the only chance for russia is to have nastya in the team....let's hope that she will play! after all her mother told the last year that nastya will never say no if her team needs her so...

frenchie
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Ola just told me that we will receive a press badge for the Fed Cup event in Belgium...such a freaking pity that Nastya won´t play, otherwise it would have been more than just awesome;)

:eek: that's great!!
But does one of you have the opportunity to go to Belgium? (or is it Russia :confused: )

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 13th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Great Nastya, another victory in 2 sets with an amazing 75% 1st serve percentage. Well done :kiss:
Thanks for the highlights Spunky!

Spunky83
Mar 13th, 2006, 07:09 PM
:eek: that's great!!
But does one of you have the opportunity to go to Belgium? (or is it Russia :confused: )

I will go. Just bit more than two hours to Liege from my town;)

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 13th, 2006, 07:25 PM

I wish you that Nastya will play in Belgium. I can understand your feelings right now because last year happened the same thing to me. I wanted badly to see Nastya in Brindisi (vs Italy in Fed Cup) in April and then in Rome the following month. But she withdrew from both events :sad: :sad:
So, I didn't go in Brindisi to watch the FC. I only went in Rome to watch the semis and the final.

sinterklaasje
Mar 13th, 2006, 07:31 PM
well done Nastya :yeah:
:woohoo:

I want to see Nastya in FC too !!

Almalyk
Mar 13th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the video Spunky! Nastya looks funny in pants though! Although she looks better than Masha, who had the same sort of pants on, but wore a dress over the top!

I hope Nastya is enjoying her day off, and preparing to beat Dinara :)

Spunky83
Mar 13th, 2006, 07:40 PM
I wish you that Nastya will play in Belgium. I can understand your feelings right now because last year happened the same thing to me. I wanted badly to see Nastya in Brindisi (vs Italy in Fed Cup) in April and then in Rome the following month. But she withdrew from both events :sad: :sad:
So, I didn't go in Brindisi to watch the FC. I only went in Rome to watch the semis and the final.

It´s not that bad...two weeks after that, I´ll be in Berlin anway and she is supposed to play there, so I hope to see her there. It´s just the prospect to miss out on a chance to watch Justine/Nastya play each other live.

Bubba08
Mar 13th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Poor Tati :sad: what a devastating loss. I really hope that Nastya will be more lucky than her in her match against Dinara tomorrow. :unsure: :tape:

selyoink
Mar 13th, 2006, 10:18 PM
It´s not that bad...two weeks after that, I´ll be in Berlin anway and she is supposed to play there, so I hope to see her there. It´s just the prospect to miss out on a chance to watch Justine/Nastya play each other live.

What happens if turns out like the Olympics match or the 2003 YEC match? Wouldn't that be horrible? I guess it is better than a 6-1, 6-1 annihilation like Justine has done to her before.

Spunky83
Mar 13th, 2006, 11:23 PM
What happens if turns out like the Olympics match or the 2003 YEC match? Wouldn't that be horrible? I guess it is better than a 6-1, 6-1 annihilation like Justine has done to her before.

Hehe...when I am in Belgium, I am officially ´working´ there, so I am not allowed to show any obvious emotions anyway so that would at least spare me the choice of preference in front of a 90% homecrowd ;)

Justine hasn´t lost a match on clay since 2004...I don´t expect anyone to beat her, doesn´t matter if I am a fan or not (although Momo´06 might be interesting).

Almalyk
Mar 14th, 2006, 03:22 AM
Nastya is first on court 2 tomorrow (11am Californian time). She doesn't like mornings!! But that is no excuse for a rollercoaster!!

Good luck Nastya! :bigclap:

Derek.
Mar 14th, 2006, 03:53 AM
Thanks for the video Spunky. :cool:

Good luck Nastya! :D

selyoink
Mar 14th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Hehe...when I am in Belgium, I am officially ´working´ there, so I am not allowed to show any obvious emotions anyway so that would at least spare me the choice of preference in front of a 90% homecrowd ;)

Justine hasn´t lost a match on clay since 2004...I don´t expect anyone to beat her, doesn´t matter if I am a fan or not (although Momo´06 might be interesting).

I'd like to see you hide your emotions as Nastya has match points and fails to cash in. And if you were able to keep them in you'd probably develop a tumor or something else bad. :lol:

frenchie
Mar 14th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Nastya will certainly be on ES tonight!!
ES France will show a taped 4th round match at 10.30pm so the only finished women match will be Nastya/Dinara

Almalyk
Mar 14th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Nastya will certainly be on ES tonight!!
ES France will show a taped 4th round match at 10.30pm so the only finished women match will be Nastya/Dinara

Your so lucky!!!! :worship: I guess at least there will be highlights for me!

itzhak
Mar 14th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Nastya-Dinara Live in eurosport tonight...

denine
Mar 14th, 2006, 11:07 AM
while she plays, i'll be :zzz:.. hopefully its good news in the morning for me. ;) Good luck!

Spunky83
Mar 14th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Yay...I was already wondering cause Eurosport Germany says 8.15 pm cet Hingis vs. Davenport but that match won´t start until 1 pm LOCAL time, meaning 10 pm cet. Cool thing!

Finally!

Foot's Fingers
Mar 14th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Finally ES shows me Nastya again :)

_LuCaS_
Mar 14th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Nastya on ES :woohoo: It's been a while
I haven't seen her winning a match on ES since .... Zurich?

Spunky83
Mar 14th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Nastya on ES :woohoo: It's been a while
I haven't seen her winning a match on ES since .... Zurich?

Please don´t tell me you have missed that wonderful AusOpen match between Nastya and Schnyder? ;)

What happened to you msn anyway?

itzhak
Mar 14th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Interesting interview with Nastya about Fed cup including reference to Maria Sharapova...(Russian)

http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?118139

goldenlox
Mar 14th, 2006, 03:54 PM
tenn_ace said that Nastya was awful during a practice yesterday with Tu.

goldenlox
Mar 14th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Several people are assuming that actually. However wouldn´t it be weird if Nastya only came back just for the sake of the weakened team? I know she´s super patriotic but does that ever happen? She seemed so sure about not to play...on the other side, it´s Nastya, who knows. I wouldn´t mind ;)I think she wants to play Fed Cup, but doesn't want to give the impression that she's forcing others off the team.
If Tarpischev asks her, Anastasia will be there.

miffedmax
Mar 14th, 2006, 04:42 PM
tenn_ace said that Nastya was awful during a practice yesterday with Tu.

Forget day-to-day. Nastya's form can fluctuate wildly from point-to-point. I wouldn't worry about her practice form too much.

Spunky83
Mar 14th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Although one can be sure that Tu wouldn´t let Nastya win a practice match out of pity like Kim did last year at the French;)

Think Nastya will win against Safina.

miffedmax
Mar 14th, 2006, 05:34 PM
I hope so. I haven't checked the draw to see how much further my two faves have to go before they play each other. Lena's looking mighty shaky, though.

iine:
Mar 14th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Woohoo! Eurosport will show Myskina. :woohoo:
I'm very excited about this. :D Can't wait to see her play again.

Spunky83
Mar 14th, 2006, 05:43 PM
I guess we have to thank the people in Indian Wells who destroyed every tennis fans´ dream of having Davenport vs. Hingis on Eurosport...excluding the fans of Nastya and Dinara of course;)

I always think it´s funny people complaining about ES not showing a particular match, it´s not like they have so much to say in this, especially not in an American tourney...and I am sure the channel is not happy about it either but their schedule is set weeks if not months prior to the night the schedule of the matches are done. A fortunate happening for us;)

Il Primo!
Mar 14th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Woohoo! Eurosport will show Myskina. :woohoo:
I'm very excited about this. :D Can't wait to see her play again.

Really?? So good!! I will do a blocus in front of the TV if necessary,my destiny is to watch Nasya's match!! I love her so much :hearts:

_LuCaS_
Mar 14th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Please don´t tell me you have missed that wonderful AusOpen match between Nastya and Schnyder? ;)

What happened to you msn anyway?
Winning a match on ES :sad:
I want a victory tonight, but I have my doubts ...

I reinstalled windows recently and forgot about it, mostly because I use Yahoo. Will be tonight though ;) Miss you

Spunky83
Mar 14th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Winning a match on ES :sad:
I want a victory tonight, but I have my doubts ...

I reinstalled windows recently and forgot about it, mostly because I use Yahoo. Will be tonight though ;) Miss you

Haven´t chatted for months now. Winning a match...right;)

_LuCaS_
Mar 14th, 2006, 06:12 PM
I remember now why I haven't used msn, its first time wizard SUCKS :(

_LuCaS_
Mar 14th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Come on Nastya !!!!! Let's win this please, we're hungry for wins

frenchie
Mar 14th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Actually Nastya won't be on ES France!!! :sad:
I checked the site and they say they'll show Hingis/Davy. However I wonder how they are going to show this match since it won't be finished at 10.30pm (the match begin at 10pm in France) and it's not a live match on ES :confused:

There's still a chance it will be Nastya!!!
BTW in France they always prefer to show stupid football live instead of tennis. I guess everybody else is happy with it... :rolleyes:

cindy
Mar 14th, 2006, 07:22 PM
omg bad start...

ARIANE 5
Mar 14th, 2006, 07:25 PM
bye bye the first set...

_LuCaS_
Mar 14th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Nastya fucking up this match so easily. Amazing

_LuCaS_
Mar 14th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Dinara playing very good too though

selyoink
Mar 14th, 2006, 08:05 PM
So when is the earliest Nastya can fall out of the top 20? Only a matter of time now.

ARIANE 5
an other terrible match.

Bye bye california :fiery:

_LuCaS_
And a DF to wrap it :lol: Nastya buy that cabin in the forest and have a family. You're wasting our braincells :fiery:

cindy
Mar 14th, 2006, 08:06 PM
here it is...every important match -----) mental problem!!!!! even if dina is a good player nastya has a real problem now! fu**!!!!!!!!!

selyoink
Mar 14th, 2006, 08:07 PM
I guess we can look forward to her not having much to defend again next year. :lol:

Almalyk
Mar 14th, 2006, 08:08 PM
The worst match from Nastya I have ever followed.
Even lead 3-1 in 2nd set - only to lose 5 games in a row.

What a shitty start to my day. Where is Nastya's head at?

Almalyk
Mar 14th, 2006, 08:10 PM
So when is the earliest Nastya can fall out of the top 20? Only a matter of time now.

Won't be before Wimby - despite all these horrible performances, she may even briefly appear in the top 10 again again around RG.

_LuCaS_
Mar 14th, 2006, 08:16 PM
I guess we can look forward to her not having much to defend again next year. :lol:

Won't be before Wimby - despite all these horrible performances, she may even briefly appear in the top 10 again again around RG.

:smash: :rolls: wake up, she better retire than play like this

iine:
Mar 14th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Oh, Myskina.:rolleyes: Wtf is going on with you? :retard: :scared: Another dissapointing loss. :sad:

selyoink
Mar 14th, 2006, 08:32 PM
:smash: :rolls: wake up, she better retire than play like this

Nastya can't retire. Just remember how much she loves tennis.

What do you most like about being on the tour:

Myskina: "Really, nothing. Every year the tour gets tougher."

However retirement scares her.

Whats your biggest fear?

Myskina: "The future-finding myself after tennis."

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 14th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Nastya :fiery: :( :(
what a non-performance :( :mad:

Foot's Fingers
Mar 14th, 2006, 08:38 PM
so

match ended

and IW is finished for Nastya

oh

it was so difficult to watch

1st set was unde Safina All abt Safina/// no chance to win for Nastya

Myskina had a chance in second set but........ wasted! ! ! even she played better than against Patty on AO ... but final Df...awful and honestly i had a felling after Safina was back to 3-3 that Nastya would lose by 3-6

ARIANE 5
Mar 14th, 2006, 08:45 PM
We must continue to support her. We are hungry ok, but she is a nice girl and she is still young. Mauresmo also had difficult moments, difficult years and now she is n° 1.

Perhaps it is mental, or perhaps she should work more.

Wait and see.

Foot's Fingers
Mar 14th, 2006, 08:45 PM
another ES loss by Myskina.....

now she in troubles to defend her seeding even it's not 1 2 3 seeds.....

Dreams abt top 10 is going or nothing

Bubba08
Mar 14th, 2006, 08:49 PM
A loss in less than one hour, it is rather surprising. I thought that she could have at least won a set. The report of the bad practise session with Tu wasn't a wrong indication finally.
It is disappointing again, I don't know if the idea of a real comeback to her old form has still a sense. I know it should sound dumb and it is better to laugh about that, but I am feeling sick and tired of being a supporter of miss Nastya, there is no fun anymore in this.

Spunky83
Mar 14th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Yo Nastya...big points, will ya win´em for once?!?

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

_LuCaS_
Mar 14th, 2006, 09:03 PM
another ES loss by Myskina.....

It's a tradition already :(

fuck it.

cerbero
Mar 14th, 2006, 09:06 PM
She's stuck... ;)

Filippo-Nastya
Mar 14th, 2006, 09:08 PM
In the first set Dinara played really well, she didn't give Nastya any chance to break her and she was aggressive in the return games (above all in the 4th game).
Then in the 2nd set our girl should have won that f***ing 5th game where she was leading 30-0 but she missed that chance and collapsed mentally in the last 4 games.
Congrats to Dinara.
Nastya :sad: Please, work hard on your 2nd serve!!!!

selyoink
Mar 14th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Yo Nastya...big points, will ya win´em for once?!?

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

It would be nice to actually think she could win an important point. It is a bad thing when she has to serve for a set or match.

Bubba08
Mar 14th, 2006, 09:20 PM
It is always bad when she has to serve whatever kind of point it is. :unsure:

Spunky83
Mar 14th, 2006, 09:41 PM
It's a tradition already :(

fuck it.

Think it´s because ES doesn´t show any 1st or 2nd rd matches of Nastya...oh oh...when will she win against a ´better´ player again?

frenchie
Mar 14th, 2006, 09:50 PM
I'm watching it right now...

Nastya is the shadow of herself

denine
Mar 14th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Omg. i actually thought it would be close. oh shit. :rolleyes:

frenchie
Mar 14th, 2006, 10:14 PM
I still think she's a great player. :worship:
The shots are there but she doesn't know how to use them anymore! and we all know that her game is based on shot selection and timing!! :fiery:

It's more a mental thing. Today it looked as if she wanted to be somewhere else :sad:

frenchie
Mar 14th, 2006, 10:22 PM
A loss in less than one hour, it is rather surprising. I thought that she could have at least won a set. The report of the bad practise session with Tu wasn't a wrong indication finally.
It is disappointing again, I don't know if the idea of a real comeback to her old form has still a sense. I know it should sound dumb and it is better to laugh about that, but I am feeling sick and tired of being a supporter of miss Nastya, there is no fun anymore in this.

Sad post :sad:

selyoink
Mar 14th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Think it´s because ES doesn´t show any 1st or 2nd rd matches of Nastya...oh oh...when will she win against a ´better´ player again?

Thats what I am wondering. Its been a long, long time. Only what 3 quality wins in the last calendar year. Lena D. at Wimbledon and Zurich. Venus in Fed Cup. Other than that she hasn't had a good win since 2004 YEC.

martirogi
Mar 14th, 2006, 10:48 PM
HOW!!!!!

nastya isnt even in top 20 form. this is pathetic.

Il Primo!
Mar 14th, 2006, 10:54 PM

..I'm thinkin exactly the same

Derek.
Mar 14th, 2006, 11:40 PM
:sad:

Nastya was so consistant in 2004. Very strong mentally too (besides the Olympics). Many times she won close matches (such as that wacky tiebreak vs. Zvonareva) and beat many of the top players (such as her 2 wins over Davenport, Sharapova). This year she's lost to Dementieva and Schnyder and then gets killed by a top 20 player. It's sad to see, but Nastya is like 40% of her old form. Like frenchie said, the shots are there, she just doesn't know how to use them anymore because she doesn't have the confidence like she did in 2004.

meyerpl
Mar 14th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Being a loyal fan is hard sometimes. If you only want to back a winner, that's easy to do. Just look at the rankings and be a "fan" of whoever is number one. If you look at every player in the top-ten, think about it, if you'd been a loyal fan throughout any player's career, you would have suffered through periods of frustration and disappointment.
I am frustrated too, but I wouldn't even consider, actually wouldn't be capable of, switching my allegience away from Nastya because of a loss, a slump or a string of losses. Being a fan isn't about wins and losses. It's about which player intrigues, excites, amuses you or whatever it is that you responded to and found yourself becoming a fan. I hope Nastya regains her '04 form as much as anybody, but she could lose every match she plays for the rest of the year and I wouldn't jump-ship.
If you're a Nastya fan, hang in there. Better times lie ahead. You're loyalty will be rewarded.

Derek.
Mar 15th, 2006, 12:03 AM
To cheer us up. :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/Derek1206/cheerup1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/Derek1206/cheerup4.jpg

We all love it when Nastya smiles, and the smile will be back soon. ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/Derek1206/cheerup2.jpg