PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

Almalyk
Feb 19th, 2006, 09:53 PM
That's how I know lady GL doesn't read careful what others post :lol:
Or am I wrong GL? :unsure:

GL is a girl right? Or otherwise a boy with long golden hair :D

_LuCaS_
Feb 19th, 2006, 10:07 PM
GL is a girl right? Or otherwise a boy with long golden hair :D
That's what I thought :scratch:....not so sure anymore. Maybe gold comes from something else :tape: :lol:

~|Naomi|~
Feb 20th, 2006, 01:33 AM
funny you guys are talking about nastya's fans on the borad, the other day i accidently clicked the number of replies for this thread an this list came up. it clearly ranks the biggest nastya fans:

goldenlox 2428
Spunky83 1776
Nastyafan 1562
_LuCaS_ 1014
deckham 877
cool_olga 712
Daniel 588
martirogi 508
TheBoiledEgg 414
almalyk 360
cerbero 333
selyoink 318
ys 313
the cat 263
frenchie 236

Hmm I guess I'm slack:o
Anyway how did you get this list, I'd like to do it for a different thread and have been meaning to ask someone for awhile cause I can't work it out:rolleyes: :p

~|Naomi|~
Feb 20th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Heehee don't worry I worked it out:)

Good Luck in Dubai:)

~|Naomi|~
Feb 20th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Hi, I just checked Nastya's official site in russian!
I don't know if I understand correctly but it seems Nastya is scheduled to play both Amelia island and Charleston :confused:

2 weeks of tennis right after IW and Miami :eek:

then her schedule is:

Berlin
Rome
RG
Eastbourne
Wimby
Sandiego
Stockholm :rolleyes:
Montreal
New haven
USO
Kolkota
Stuttgart
Moscow
Zurich
Linz
YEC (good choice ;) )

24 tournies in 2006 :tape:

Wow:eek: That is a lot of tennis.
But she can always withdraw from some if she needs to.

martirogi
Feb 20th, 2006, 02:50 AM
Hmm I guess I'm slack:o
Anyway how did you get this list, I'd like to do it for a different thread and have been meaning to ask someone for awhile cause I can't work it out:rolleyes: :p

next to the thread title if you read to the right it says the number of replies. since its underlined you can click on it.

Almalyk
Feb 20th, 2006, 03:16 AM
next to the thread title if you read to the right it says the number of replies. since its underlined you can click on it.

My goal is to stay in the top 10- For sure it's the only thread I have any chance competing in :wavey: :worship:

Almalyk
Feb 20th, 2006, 07:24 AM
This is the first match all year that i'm not going to be able to follow live :( I will have to wait a whole year to see tennis at a decent time of day again!!! So good luck Nastya - I will be asleep, but when I wake up, I expect a comprehensive 2 set victory :D

~|Naomi|~
Feb 20th, 2006, 07:54 AM

~|Naomi|~
Feb 20th, 2006, 07:57 AM
This is the first match all year that i'm not going to be able to follow live :( I will have to wait a whole year to see tennis at a decent time of day again!!! So good luck Nastya - I will be asleep, but when I wake up, I expect a comprehensive 2 set victory :D

Not really I'm not sure what NZ time is in comparison to Aussie time? But for me Queensland time, Dubai is 12 hours behind so if Nastya's match starts at 7pm Dubai it is 7am here.

Also the clay season is on at a decent time for some matches, the early matches in the day anyway at Berlin, Warsaw, hmm not sure about Rome. RG coverage normally starts for me at about 7pm & Wimbledon starts at about 9pm.

The US Open can be brutal hours though for the day session:p

fleur137
Feb 20th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Not really I'm not sure what NZ time is in comparison to Aussie time? But for me Queensland time, Dubai is 12 hours behind so if Nastya's match starts at 7pm Dubai it is 7am here.

Also the clay season is on at a decent time for some matches, the early matches in the day anyway at Berlin, Warsaw, hmm not sure about Rome. RG coverage normally starts for me at about 7pm & Wimbledon starts at about 9pm.

The US Open can be brutal hours though for the day session:p

lol that is only if you have foxtel right? which i don't :( *sighs*, wish i had a better internet so i can watch it online or something cos livescoring is annoying at times. anyway, is Channel 7 showing RG this year? i hope so but i have an inkling that they won't cos they haven't for the last 2 years....

~|Naomi|~
Feb 20th, 2006, 08:41 AM
lol that is only if you have foxtel right? which i don't :( *sighs*, wish i had a better internet so i can watch it online or something cos livescoring is annoying at times. anyway, is Channel 7 showing RG this year? i hope so but i have an inkling that they won't cos they haven't for the last 2 years....

Oh yeah it is, sorry had forgotten about that. They don't show Warsaw though and only give a replay of Berlin sf and final. But I meant more about the times in that they are playing at times we can follow.

I didn't know about 7 not showing RG the last 2 years. That is dissappointing if it is only on foxtel.

fleur137
Feb 20th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Oh yeah it is, sorry had forgotten about that. They don't show Warsaw though and only give a replay of Berlin sf and final. But I meant more about the times in that they are playing at times we can follow.

I didn't know about 7 not showing RG the last 2 years. That is dissappointing if it is only on foxtel.

Yeah it's annoying. Clay season is one of my favourites. Stupid Channel 7! Do they think RG is not good enough? oh well i'm just peeved that RG is not on normal telly anymore! But I was lucky enough to see a match on clay when I went to camp and they had foxtel. got up at 5 something to see marat....lose...in straights at Rome. such a great match for one to see their first clay match *rolls eyes*

Almalyk
Feb 20th, 2006, 08:54 AM
NZ is the first to see each day - so we are 3 hours ahead of you in QLD. Nastya will play at 4am my time :( There is no way I will be doing anything with enthusiam, except snoring :D

cerbero
Feb 20th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Is this a chat thread for aussies now? :lol:
Dubai is very tough for her, i'd like to see her play Hingis... ;)

~|Naomi|~
Feb 20th, 2006, 12:36 PM
NZ is the first to see each day - so we are 3 hours ahead of you in QLD. Nastya will play at 4am my time :( There is no way I will be doing anything with enthusiam, except snoring :D

Okay I am totally confused by these times now. I thought Dubai was 12 hours behind me but it is actually 8 bours behind me and you are 3 hours in front. So you are 11 hours ahead of Dubai.
Right or wrong?

Ah confusing time zones.

~|Naomi|~
Feb 20th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Is this a chat thread for aussies now? :lol:
Dubai is very tough for her, i'd like to see her play Hingis... ;)

Almalyk is trying to teach me about time zones, I don't get it:o :lol:

I'd like to see her beat Hingis;)

But first Zheng

cerbero
Feb 20th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Almalyk is trying to teach me about time zones, I don't get it:o :lol:

I'd like to see her beat Hingis;)

But first Zheng

I think she can beat Zheng not easily but...Hingis will be a very hard test cause she's playing very well...and Nastya is still looking for her form... ;)

Foot's Fingers
Feb 20th, 2006, 01:36 PM
waiting for Martina - Nastya

Josh810
Feb 20th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Is there even a livescore at the official site?

frenchie
Feb 20th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Is there even a livescore at the official site?

You can go to wtatour.com and you clic on "results"
there's a livescore for Dubai ;)

_LuCaS_
Feb 20th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Well for who's interested she will play at 9 PM Romania's time ;)

Josh810
Feb 20th, 2006, 02:52 PM
You can go to wtatour.com and you clic on "results"
there's a livescore for Dubai ;)

itzhak
Feb 20th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Nastya lost the 2nd set...

cindy
Feb 20th, 2006, 05:04 PM
what is she trying to do? lost her match???? I can't wait for you to comment this one spunky...

cindy
Feb 20th, 2006, 05:20 PM
could not she wake up before the beginning of the third set?????!!!!!! 5/0 on the third one....I like it better like that!

cindy
Feb 20th, 2006, 05:31 PM
ah! 6/1 in the third but OMG 9 double fault!!!!!! I know she likes lena a lot but she doesn't need to do like her!!! anyway congrats nastya and play better in your next match please!

frenchie
Feb 20th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Nastya won 6/3-6/7-6/1!!
It should have been 6/3-6/1 but a win is a win

Next one is probably Hingis :unsure:

cerbero
Feb 20th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Nice score in the third... report?;)

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 20th, 2006, 05:44 PM
me didnt see it, was out :sad:
Nastya ;) :yeah: :D :)
she won but should have been in two :mad:
3rd set looks good :) :D

KV
Feb 20th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Main thing done into next round. :)

Bubba08
Feb 20th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Well, like you said frenchie a win is a win, but obviously it is not with that type of tennis that she could hope something against Hingis. If she avoids the 1-6 1-6 or something close to that, it would be already great.
Anyways we will see what happens, good luck Nastya. :dance:

Spunky83
Feb 20th, 2006, 06:08 PM
what is she trying to do? lost her match???? I can't wait for you to comment this one spunky...

Well...it´s Nastya after all;)

I actually liked how she tried to take the second set after being down a break twice and then fought off three setpoints before eventually losing it. She stayed pretty focused throughout the whole match. I think it was really ok. No smartass comment from Spunky this time ;)

selyoink
Feb 20th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Phew. I knew she would struggle against Zheng. I was very worried she would lose. Glad she pulled through. Nice to see she dominated in the third set. She did have a lot of double faults but 4 of them came in the first set so after that she did alright. Next up Hingis or Mirza. Seems no one is giving Mirza a chance. I personally hope it is Hingis. Nastya will need to play better but I believe in her.

sinterklaasje
Feb 20th, 2006, 06:13 PM
:woohoo:
3-setter, but that's no surprise
next match will be tougher, but she can do it. good luck :kiss:

cindy
Feb 20th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Well...it´s Nastya after all;)

I actually liked how she tried to take the second set after being down a break twice and then fought off three setpoints before eventually losing it. She stayed pretty focused throughout the whole match. I think it was really ok. No smartass comment from Spunky this time ;)

oh thx spunky....you are always there to explain me everything... :kiss:
and if you say that it is okay then I believe you and I'm confident for the next match...hingis or mirza I don't care as long as she wins...
davai nastyenka! :bounce: !

RR-87
Feb 20th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Thanks to God Nastya won :)
But if she plays Hingis in second round it will be :scared:

iine:
Feb 20th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Nasty :rolleyes: :lol: I'm happy you pulled it off :yeah: I'm looking very forward for the Hingis match. ;) You obviously need to play better than this, If you're gonna win the match.

Almalyk
Feb 20th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Well a win is a win! Erase the middle set, and the result looks quite good! I woke up to a text from Nastyafan at 6am, then I went back to sleep. When I woke up again at 7am, I couldn't remember if Nastya had won or not! But she has!

I'm going to be very excited if my 2 fav's play- of course I still hope Nastya wins. But at least one of them will likely face off with Masha, and hopefully reach the SF.

Never write Nastya off!!! But always wear your safety belt right?? :kiss:

Almalyk
Feb 20th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Has anyone actually watched this match live?

Vass22
Feb 20th, 2006, 08:45 PM
I was at the match and i thought that Nastya played very well, except the second set... Zheng played well too, but the match was CLEARLY depending on Nastya.
In the first she dominated... Or i should say she was a class above. No long points for some time after the match started. But she won it ok. Winner, unforced error, winner unforced error. You know Nastya.

Here's what happened in the second. They at a LONG second game in the second set (after 1-0, on Zheng's serve). 15 Deuces maybe. Nastya lost it unfortunately, and that's when her game collapsed. She freaked out unneccessarily about it. Played a crappy next few games, losing serve, etc. etc. Lots of unforced errors. And oh, her serve became crap (in the rest of the match it was Nasty'a good version of the serve) She did wake up to take it to the tie breaks , played great on set points, but Zheng was also really good in the end of second set. She didn't want Myskina back into the match. The last games of the second set were the best of Zheng. Nastya was a great fighter though. It was a pleasure. Too bad that she lost the set.

You all can imagine how it went next. 5-0 in favour of Nastya, i think. Doesn't really matter if it was only 0-4... Zheng gave up, Nastya was consistent. Her serve pop-ed pack up.

{{Btw. Zheng was crying after the match. She was really really disappointed. TOO disappointed, because i don't think she really had a chance in the match.}}

I don't know what's next for Nastya. I hope it's Hingis, although i haven't seen her play or practice. I guess it's expected to be Hingis in the second round, BUT you need to take into account the crowds. There would be 5000 Indian spectators supporting Mirza against Hingis tomorrow (out of 5000 possible) , you never know what will happen. Anyway, that's why i hope it'll be Hingis vs. Nastya. Otherwise it'll be crazy.

My guess is that Nastya will have to improve to pass second round though. No 'second set' and less UFs..... :(

Vass22
Feb 20th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks to God Nastya won :)
But if she plays Hingis in second round it will be :scared:
Believe me, if it's going to be Mirza it'll be scarier.

Actually, it's horror either way. Hope Nastya will be toothy.

miffedmax
Feb 20th, 2006, 08:51 PM
ah! 6/1 in the third but OMG 9 double fault!!!!!! I know she likes lena a lot but she doesn't need to do like her!!! anyway congrats nastya and play better in your next match please!

Only 9?! We Lena fans will kill for a match with only 9 DF.

Go Nastya!

Almalyk
Feb 20th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I was at the match and i thought that Nastya played very well, except the second set... Zheng played well too, but the match was CLEARLY depending on Nastya.
In the first she dominated... Or i should say she was a class above. No long points for some time after the match started. But she won it ok. Winner, unforced error, winner unforced error. You know Nastya.

Here's what happened in the second. They at a LONG second game in the second set (after 1-0, on Zheng's serve). 15 Deuces maybe. Nastya lost it unfortunately, and that's when her game collapsed. She freaked out unneccessarily about it. Played a crappy next few games, losing serve, etc. etc. Lots of unforced errors. And oh, her serve became crap (in the rest of the match it was Nasty'a good version of the serve) She did wake up to take it to the tie breaks , played great on set points, but Zheng was also really good in the end of second set. She didn't want Myskina back into the match. The last games of the second set were the best of Zheng. Nastya was a great fighter though. It was a pleasure. Too bad that she lost the set.

You all can imagine how it went next. 5-0 in favour of Nastya, i think. Doesn't really matter if it was only 0-4... Zheng gave up, Nastya was great. Her serve pop-ed pack up.

{{Btw. Zheng was crying after the match. She was really really disappointed. TOO disappointed, because i don't think she really had a chance in the match.}}

I don't know what's next for Nastya. I hope it's Hingis, although i haven't seen her play or practice. I guess it's expected to be Hingis in the second round, BUT you need to take into account the crowds. There would be 5000 Indian spectators supporting Mirza against Hingis tomorrow (out of 5000 possible) , you never know what will happen. Anyway, that's why i hope it'll be Hingis vs. Nastya. Otherwise it'll be crazy.

My guess is that Nastya will have to improve to pass second round though. No 'second set' and less UFs..... :(

Thanks Vass22! Your really lucky to be there watching! What was Match Point like?

Vass22
Feb 20th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Btw. I love how Russian players (except maybe one) are 'normal people' at tourneys. No guards, regular seats (no vip or corporate) for some reason... During Nastya's match her best friend Lena L. came to watch (she IS her best friend because i've never seen them apart in all these years that i've been on Dubai tourney). Natalia Myskina (that Nastya's mom's name, right?) was also there as well as their friends or something. I got lucky and they sat RIGHT next to me. Eventually Lena's/Mommy-Myskina's friend even talked to me (he's a guy age 47 maybe)... Not about tennis but about me being a Russian in UAE...
Sorry no pics, because i couldn't really take them being seated RIGHT next to them.

Vass22
Feb 20th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Thanks Vass22! Your really lucky to be there watching! What was Match Point like?
Well, something with a forced error (or maybe one of those 'forced' Unforced errors ;) ). Wasn't too long.
The first match point which Zheng defended was really good from Nastya though. Attacked, took risks, drop volleyed, but Zheng ran it down and Nastya couldn't put the second volley in, because it was just too fast.I hope i remember the right point.

In quick on-court interview after the match she said that Zheng didn't give her much, she had to win it. Commentator complimented her on playing good, and Nastya said "There are lot's of Russians here, so i have to play good".
There were about 30 vocal Russians on the studium maybe, 100 (or maybe more) not-so-vocal Russians, 6 flags... The studium liked her. The atmosphere was good. people started cheering for Zheng when there were a couple questionable line calls against her (LACK OF calls, to be exact) (not a surprize because Nastya's shots were licking :p the lines VERY OFTEN :inlove: )

frenchie
Feb 20th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Great report Vass!!! How lucky you are to be able to go to Dubai!!

BTW Nastya's Mum is Galina

Vass22
Feb 20th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Great report Vass!!! How lucky you are to be able to go to Dubai!!

I live 2 km away from Dubai. Study 3 meters from the Aviation Club, where the tourney is held. :lol:

BTW Nastya's Mum is Galina
:o Must have misunderstood/misheared the peopel sitting next to me. Shame that i don't remember it myself though :o

Almalyk
Feb 20th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Well, something with a forced error (or maybe one of those 'forced' Unforced errors ;) ). Wasn't too long.
The first match point which Zheng defended was really good from Nastya though. Attacked, took risks, drop volleyed, but Zheng ran it down and Nastya couldn't put the second volley in, because it was just too fast.I hope i remember the right point.

In quick on-court interview after the match she said that Zheng didn't give her much, she had to win it. Commentator complimented her on playing good, and Nastya said "There are lot's of Russians here, so i have to play good".
There were about 30 vocal Russians on the studium maybe (100 or maybe more) not-so-vocal Russians, 6 flags... The studium liked her. The atmosphere was good. people started cheering for Zheng when there were a couple questionable line calls against her (LACK OF calls, to be exact) (not a surprize because Nastya's shots were licking :p the lines VERY OFTEN :inlove: )

Thanks so much!! It's awesome to have a Nastya fan in Dubai! Cheer loud for our girl! :drool:

meyerpl
Feb 20th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Thanks Vass22 for the detailed, descriptive report. I really enjoyed reading it!

Vass22
Feb 20th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Thanks Vass22 for the detailed, descriptive report. I really enjoyed reading it!
Vassiliy
or just Vass

selyoink
Feb 20th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Thanks a lot Vass.

~|Naomi|~
Feb 20th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Well done Anastasia. Good Fighting win. Good Luck for next round.

Almalyk
Feb 21st, 2006, 12:39 AM
DUBAI, U.A.E. - The two seeds in action Monday at the $1-million Dubai Duty Free Women's Open were made to earn their second-round spots, with No.6 seed Anastasia Myskina and No.8 Daniela Hantuchova both pushed to three sets by Chinese opponents.

In the last two matches on Day 1 of the Tier II event, Myskina defeated Zheng Jie, 63 67(7) 61, while Hantuchova came from behind to overcome Li Na, 36 64 76(4).

Just three weeks ago, Zheng combined with compatriot Yan Zi to become China's first-ever Grand Slam champions by winning the Australian Open doubles title. On Monday, she came close to ousting Myskina, the champion at 2004 Roland Garros, where Zheng became her country's first representative in the fourth round of a major.

Despite some controversial line calls made against her late in the second set, Zheng forced a deciding set, coming within a two-set loss at 7-all in the second-set tie-break. But Myskina regrouped, racing to a 5-0 lead and clinching the win shortly after.

"It was a little bit difficult to close the match today," said Myskina, who has fallen in the quarterfinals here in each of the past four years. "I've been playing indoors and it was different here, and I was a little bit nervous as well. But I'll settle down."

Myskina's win continues her impressive start to the season, which includes a fourth-round finish in Melbourne and a semifinal showing at the Tier I Tokyo [Pan Pacific]. The Russian former world No.2 had a difficult start to 2005, losing her Roland Garros crown in the opening round as she struggled with personal issues and a lack of motivation.

"Everything is getting better - everything - my life, my shoulder. I'm more happy right now," said Myskina. "I want to play now. I want to do my best. Last year I didn't want to play any more. I was stepping on the court thinking when am I going to get off. Now it's different."

Myskina plays the winner of Tuesday's tantalising match-up between resurgent former No.1 Martina Hingis and Indian sensation Sania Mirza, both of whom will have immense crowd support.

Hantuchova, a beaten quarterfinalist in 2005, had a similarly tough day at the office, needing a third-set tie-break to oust Li, who was China's first-ever Tour singles champion by winning the 2004 Guangzhou title.

Two other Russians joined Myskina - and No.3 seed Maria Sharapova, who receives a first-round bye - in the second round. Vera Dushevina easily accounted for France's Marion Bartoli, 63 61, while Elena Likhovtseva defeated Jelena Jankovic, last year's runner-up here to Lindsay Davenport, 75 75.

selyoink
Feb 21st, 2006, 04:29 AM
Glad to here she enjoys tennis and life again. I can only hope that will lead to renewed success on court and some big titles and possibly a grand slam. I can't wait for her next match especially if it is against Hingis. I think she can take her.

selyoink
Feb 21st, 2006, 04:50 AM
Why the name change almalyk? You should really alert people like me of a name change. It really throws me off. However I didn't alert anyone of my name change so I guess I'm just a hypocrite.

Daniel
Feb 21st, 2006, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the article. I want to see Nastya vs Hingis in the 2R :)

Almalyk
Feb 21st, 2006, 07:36 AM
Why the name change almalyk? You should really alert people like me of a name change. It really throws me off. However I didn't alert anyone of my name change so I guess I'm just a hypocrite.

I changed my name because I received e-mail from someone on this board claiming that my name sounded Muslim, and that was apparently a problem for them! They were horrible! Can you believe that?? How racist! Anyway, I can't be bothered with the problem, and I quite like my new name!!

A taniwha is a mythical creature in NZ! I'm happy to be one!!

I AM THE OLD ALMALYK :D :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :p :p

~|Naomi|~
Feb 21st, 2006, 08:07 AM
"Everything is getting better - everything - my life, my shoulder. I'm more happy right now," said Myskina. "I want to play now. I want to do my best. Last year I didn't want to play any more. I was stepping on the court thinking when am I going to get off. Now it's different."

Great news.
With practically nothing to defend till Wimbledon, it could be exciting times over the next few months ranking wise.

Thauron
Feb 21st, 2006, 10:14 AM
I changed my name because I received e-mail from someone on this board claiming that my name sounded Muslim, and that was apparently a problem for them! They were horrible! Can you believe that?? How racist! Anyway, I can't be bothered with the problem, and I quite like my new name!!

A taniwha is a mythical creature in NZ! I'm happy to be one!!

I AM THE OLD ALMALYK :D :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :p :p

Did you report that, Tanihwa/Almalyk? I am sure the moderators of this board do not accept this kind of xenophobic bullying. Simply disgusting. :( We don't need racist and ethnocentric hate on this board, there is already enough 'hate' and fighting here without it. :o :fiery:

Back on topic. I am glad Myskina pulled off yesterday and I am even more relieved to know she is feeling better (but what kind of fan would I be if I wasn't ;) )

- what troubles me a bit is the UE/winner/UE/winner thing Vass reported. We have indeed seen her do this many times, but I don't consider it a good sign -I think it has costed her too many matches already - it allows smarter opponents (like Hingis f.e.) to just bring the ball back and wait for the errors
- if done right or if Myskina gets annoyed it usually evolves to UE/UE/winner/UE/UE/winner which makes winning a match very difficult if not impossible.
So I'll hope she keeps her head cool next match and doesn't try to rush things - if she manages to do that, I am sure she has a good chance against Hingis (or Mirza). I'll be rooting, of course.

goldenlox
Feb 21st, 2006, 03:37 PM
This is good -

selyoink
Feb 21st, 2006, 06:12 PM
Hingis it is. Should be a good test.

_LuCaS_
Feb 21st, 2006, 07:40 PM
I thought he have new fans :lol:
But come on.... selyoink or king taniwha ? I'll most likely misspell you. Why not John85 or Bill24? ;)

Almalyk
Feb 21st, 2006, 08:07 PM
I thought he have new fans :lol:
But come on.... selyoink or king taniwha ? I'll most likely misspell you. Why not John85 or Bill24? ;)

HINGIS it is alright! My 2 favs are playing for a likely face of with Masha! I will still support Anastasia of course though ;)

As for Taniwha LuCaS, you pronounce it Tun-E-fa - so that might make it easier for you :D

denine
Feb 21st, 2006, 10:10 PM
i'll be the happiest person in the world if she beats hingis.. :D

Vass22
Feb 21st, 2006, 10:49 PM
Saw Hingis today and i think Nastya can pull this off, provided that she doesn't have any lapse in concentration (one will be enough to lose). It'll be an extremely interesting match. :eek: Hingis was drawing errors from power-hitter-without-tactics Mirza today, and Nastya does that too. Interesting. I'll be close.

fleur137
Feb 21st, 2006, 11:10 PM
aww gosh i hate it when my two favs play each other. i dunno who to support most of the time! but oh well i guess either way i'll be happy!

Spunky83
Feb 21st, 2006, 11:36 PM
Saw Hingis today and i think Nastya can pull this off, provided that she doesn't have any lapse in concentration (one will be enough to lose). It'll be an extremely interesting match. :eek: Hingis was drawing errors from power-hitter-without-tactics Mirza today, and Nastya does that too. Interesting. I'll be close.

I wished I could see that match, doesn´t matter in person or in front of the tv.

miffedmax
Feb 21st, 2006, 11:36 PM
If Lena can beat Hingis, Nastya can, too.

angiee3
Feb 22nd, 2006, 04:39 AM
well said miffedmax...

i really want nastya to win this match...
best of luck!!!

selyoink
Feb 22nd, 2006, 05:01 AM
aww gosh i hate it when my two favs play each other. i dunno who to support most of the time! but oh well i guess either way i'll be happy!

Support Nastya. ;)

Almalyk
Feb 22nd, 2006, 06:17 AM
Support Nastya. ;)

Spunky83 and Fleur137, it's awesome that we all love Martina as our favs too! But are we all agreeing that we want Nastya in QF for the 5th year in a row vs Masha??

Nastya - i'll be dreaming of a win - it doesn't matter how dramatic - just a win :D

iine:
Feb 22nd, 2006, 06:21 AM
They will play today .. :scared: Best of luck to Nastya! :yeah:

frenchie
Feb 22nd, 2006, 08:52 AM
I think it's an important match for Nastya
If she can defeat Hingis she'll prove everybody that she still has a game to defeat top players!

IMO she can do it

Almalyk
Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:11 AM
I think it's an important match for Nastya
If she can defeat Hingis she'll prove everybody that she still has a game to defeat top players!

IMO she can do it

Frenchie - I agree! In a few hours you will know! I will be :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: but i'll be nervous when I wake up tommorrow!

Dementinator
Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:47 AM
Well Nastya can do it I am sure ,wont be easy ,but possible ,Dont quite think it will be as easy as it Was for Lena ,Lena has THE type of game for destroying Hingis ,she has the speed of Nastya but 5 times the power and thats waht Hingis cannot cope with ,unfortunately Nastya doesnt have that level of power so shes gonna have to concentrate and NOT make errors ,pissing about will not cut it ,Hingis can run around and outfox Nastya no problems at all ,that what she does ,the points need to be ended as fast as possible ,Nastya will have to try serve better too ,but ,she really has a good chance to win this match ,and IMO she should do ,shes not like Masha ,stand at the back,dont move ,and just try hit hard ,no wonder she went down in flames..

So ,it seems the Russian that owns Hingis these days is the Golden Goddess ,but Nastya can get her name on that list also ,good luck!!

fleur137
Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:54 AM
Frenchie - I agree! In a few hours you will know! I will be :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: but i'll be nervous when I wake up tommorrow!
lol i'll be asleep too...but i'll wake up nice and early to see the result *fingers crossed it's nastya cos i betted on her and i think nastya needs it more*

frenchie
Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:15 AM

I will be at school so when I will come back I'll be nervous too ;)

cindy
Feb 22nd, 2006, 12:29 PM
4/6 3/6 so sad....nothing to say anymore

denine
Feb 22nd, 2006, 12:32 PM
:( i wanted that sharapova myskina match... :sad:

Dementinator
Feb 22nd, 2006, 12:36 PM
Damn it!! was hoping she coulda won this ,maybe in three ,but I am not totally suprised I guess..Myskina needs some big weapons ,she hasnt really got any ,players Like Hingis can be destroyed but there needs to be some big shots ,she can be beaten by tactics and fancy play ,shes the best at that ,but never mind ,a good effort I guess..

ARIANE 5
Feb 22nd, 2006, 01:01 PM
I'm sad too. But not really a suprise. A lot of serves lost.

Perhaps she sould change her coach ? Your opinion ?

Good luck in double now.

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 22nd, 2006, 01:32 PM
Nastya :fiery: :sad:

too patchy :( :( more bad than good :sad:

disappointed:( :( thought she was gonna come back in 1st but she got back and blew it with bad serving game :(

iine:
Feb 22nd, 2006, 01:47 PM
Nastya :bigcry: so sad! I hope you will be more successful in the other tournaments.. ;)

Meeek
Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:14 PM
Oh.... :awww: Crap.

martirogi
Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:38 PM
i dont mean to sound like a bastard, but.....

:shout: ANASTASIA im very embarassed for you :shout:

sinterklaasje
Feb 22nd, 2006, 03:09 PM
damn, she lost doubles too :(
not really her day :bigcry:

Vass22
Feb 22nd, 2006, 03:59 PM
My match report.
Unforced Error.

End of match report.
She could have done it, but nothing worked.

goldenlox
Feb 22nd, 2006, 04:40 PM
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8780/dubaipartymyskina0zj.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

goldenlox
Feb 22nd, 2006, 05:18 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/CVR10502221310.jpg

Anastasia Myskina of Russia reacts after missing a point against Martina Hingis of Switzerland during the third day of the Dubai Duty Free Women's Open in Dubai, UAE, Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2006. Hingis won 6-4, 6-3. (AP Photo/Victor Romero)

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/XKJ10302201621.jpg

Russia's Anastasia Myskina returns to China's Jie Zheng during the first day of Dubai Duty Free Women's Open in Dubai, UAE, Monday Feb. 20, 2006. (AP Photo/Kamran Jebreili)

selyoink
Feb 22nd, 2006, 06:32 PM
Well this was a rather demoralising loss. I really thought she had it in her. I won't get all doom and gloom just yet since she still has time to prove otherwise in the coming weeks.

Almalyk
Feb 22nd, 2006, 07:41 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:
Oh Nastya, not a good draw for you this week, but you could have, and should have done better. These are the sorts of matches you need to win to boost your confidence. I'm disappointed today :(

Vass22
Feb 22nd, 2006, 08:21 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/Dubai06/Nastya3.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/Dubai06/Nastya.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/Dubai06/Nastya2.jpg

Vass22
Feb 22nd, 2006, 08:22 PM
Her mom.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/Dubai06/galina.jpg

Dementinator
Feb 22nd, 2006, 08:24 PM
nice to see her mum healthy ,thats all thats important really ,tennis is just a game ,its not life or death..

Almalyk
Feb 22nd, 2006, 08:35 PM
nice to see her mum healthy ,thats all thats important really ,tennis is just a game ,its not life or death..

I didn't know that it was throat cancer her mother had. But i'm pleased she has overcome it. :worship:

I'm sure these days Nastya has more appreciation for life in general, and tennis is secondary to that of course. But hopefully she combines her happiness with performance on the tennis court, and gets some really good results soon! :angel:

Spunky83
Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:22 PM
Man...I didn´t even know that something like throat cancer exists.

Anyway, like someone already said, as long as Nastya´s happy with her life, losing a tennis match is definetly not the worst thing.

A tiny ball keep passing you in the most extrodinary places on earth...now that is a ´problem´ a lot of people would dream of;)

selyoink
Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:13 PM
Yeah I also didn't know throat cancer existed. It is good that her mother has recuperated.

Dementinator
Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:18 PM
Throat cancer is extremely common form of cancer and CAN be very agressive and fast moving ,A relative of mine had a scare with it too ,hopefully Myskinas mums was the more docile version ,sometimes voice boxes have to be removed and the patient has to speak thru an electronic voice thing...its a terrible disease..

Spunky83
Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:38 PM
Ahhh! Now I know what it is in German...ok, I know that one exists. But you know the terrible thing about that kind of illness is that there´s basically no part of the body immune to it. Just glad to hear that her mum made it through ok, now she just needs to cut down on the cigs, no need to scare Nastya another time;)

Almalyk
Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:58 PM
Ahhh! Now I know what it is in German...ok, I know that one exists. But you know the terrible thing about that kind of illness is that there´s basically no part of the body immune to it. Just glad to hear that her mum made it through ok, now she just needs to cut down on the cigs, no need to scare Nastya another time;)

I wondered if Nastya's mum was a smoker - throat cancer is more common among smokers. My grandad died of throat cancer, and my bf's dad has had it too (he recovered).

If I ever see little Nastya smoking like Kournikova, i'll slap her across the face with a moist trout :eek:

the cat
Feb 23rd, 2006, 12:28 AM
It couldn't have been easy for Nastya to accept getting beaten by Hingis in straight sets. But it's nice to know that Nastya's mother is doing better. :)

Almalyk
Feb 23rd, 2006, 12:34 AM
It couldn't have been easy for Nastya to accept getting beaten by Hingis lin straight sets. But it's nice to know that Nastya's mother is doing better. :)

I suppose at least she knows she got over double the amount of games that Sharapova got. Only Sharapova gets another chance tomorrow, Nastya doesn't.

the cat
Feb 23rd, 2006, 12:46 AM
Why bring Maria into it? :scratch:

Almalyk
Feb 23rd, 2006, 12:50 AM
Why bring Maria into it? :scratch:

Because she is playing Hingis again tomorrow - and clearly she would probably want to do a lot better than her first shocking attempt. And much better than Nastya's mediocre attempt today.

denine
Feb 23rd, 2006, 08:04 AM
Because she is playing Hingis again tomorrow - and clearly she would probably want to do a lot better than her first shocking attempt. And much better than Nastya's mediocre attempt today.
i hope hingis creams sharapova. :p

_LuCaS_
Feb 23rd, 2006, 08:25 AM
I hate this kind of scores :fiery: 6-4 6-3.
Jens, she obviously has BIG problems serving, hello :smash:

Almalyk
Feb 23rd, 2006, 08:46 AM
i hope hingis creams sharapova. :p

I hope its an absolutely dominant performance by Hingis too.

Vass22
Feb 23rd, 2006, 08:47 AM
Jens, she obviously has BIG problems serving, hello :smash:
It wasn't serving. It was her mental state. Her game was off in every department.

Spunky83
Feb 23rd, 2006, 09:27 AM
I wondered if Nastya's mum was a smoker - throat cancer is more common among smokers. My grandad died of throat cancer, and my bf's dad has had it too (he recovered).

If I ever see little Nastya smoking like Kournikova, i'll slap her across the face with a moist trout :eek:

She does smoke amd she still does :rolleyes:

Almalyk
Feb 23rd, 2006, 09:35 AM
She does smoke amd she still does :rolleyes:

Who smokes, i'm confused? I know Kournikova does, does Nastya's mum too - even after serious cancer scare? Surely Nastya doesn't.

Spunky83
Feb 23rd, 2006, 09:56 AM
Who smokes, i'm confused? I know Kournikova does, does Nastya's mum too - even after serious cancer scare? Surely Nastya doesn't.

Galina does, not Nastya (not that I know of).

It sure is weird that she won´t quit that habbit after such a year.

Dementinator
Feb 23rd, 2006, 10:19 AM
I dont smoke myself ,I simply dont move fast enough to generate that kind of heat...

frenchie
Feb 23rd, 2006, 12:12 PM
Nastya is not in the Amelia Island entry list :confused:
It was certainly a mistake on her official site. Good choice IMO, she's playing too many tournies in a row

miffedmax
Feb 23rd, 2006, 02:59 PM
Galina does, not Nastya (not that I know of).

It sure is weird that she won´t quit that habbit after such a year.

It's weird, and it's hard to quit, harder for some then for others.

My dad didn't quit smoking until after the 2nd heart attack.

My mom watched all my dad went through and didn't quite smoking until after her first heart attack.

Luckily, they both survived and are still around. Hopefully Galina will wise up, too and be around for Nastya.

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2006, 03:21 PM
"It is difficult to play with her as you do not know how her shot would be," Myskina said. "She sometimes played high balls and in this hot condition, it is difficult to run."

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2006, 04:28 PM
Myskina learns truth the hard way

By Alaric Gomes, Staff Reporter

Dubai: Life has indeed taken a full turn for Anastasia Myskina as the Russian sensation resets her targets for 2006.

"There's much more to life than just playing tennis, and I am happy I learnt things the hard way," Myskina told Gulf News during a chat yesterday.

As Myskina notched up her best-ever performances through the 2004 season climbing to an all-time high of No 2 on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour, she saw her world come crumbling down after her mother was struck with throat cancer. "It changed me, not merely as a person, but more importantly as a tennis player," she reflected.

Though playing on the Tour, Myskina found herself very disinterested and distracted in everything she did.

"I was getting used to the fact that I've got to be on court. Life became very insipid and I was just going from one tournament to another," she disclosed.

Hence, she did the next best thing by turning more towards the family, with her mother as the focal point of her attention. And things definitely started getting better.

"I started appreciating life, my mother got better after treatment and, in fact, she has come along with me for this tournament," Myskina said with a smile.

But now with her mother having recovered completely, Myskina is prepared to give her ambition of becoming world No 1 another shot. "Yes, I do have the potential to be up there among the best players," said the 24-year-old Russian, who is presently ranked at No 11 on the Tour.

"Most probably, breaking into the top 10 would be an immediate priority. After that, it would be to come down the rankings and aim for the top spot," Myskina disclosed.

cindy
Feb 23rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
thx for the pic vass....realy great! she realy is one of the cutest girl in the world!
nice pic of her mum...she change her color of hair (thar is something with the hair in this family!) I do prefer it like that...
well her mum is not a smoker! she is far more than that!!! she is realy realy nice but omg! I will always remember she smoked 7 cigs in less than 2 hours during nastya's training at the fed cup!

iine:
Feb 23rd, 2006, 06:48 PM
thx for the pic vass....realy great! she realy is one of the cutest girl in the world!
nice pic of her mum...she change her color of hair (thar is something with the hair in this family!) I do prefer it like that...
well her mum is not a smoker! she is far more than that!!! she is realy realy nice but omg! I will always remember she smoked 7 cigs in less than 2 hours during nastya's training at the fed cup!
:eek: wow!..that's really a lot!! I can't believe she's still smoking after that kind of illness she had

Almalyk
Feb 23rd, 2006, 07:38 PM
:eek: wow!..that's really a lot!! I can't believe she's still smoking after that kind of illness she had

I can't believe it either! But when I used to smoke, i'd probably have 2-3 cigarettes per Nastya match. Stressful times.

_LuCaS_
Feb 23rd, 2006, 08:11 PM
It wasn't serving. It was her mental state. Her game was off in every department.
Losing service so often, lots of DFs means she has problems.
Of course this is not the only reason for her losses but it's an important part.

Vass22
Feb 23rd, 2006, 08:29 PM
Losing service so often, lots of DFs means she has problems.
Of course this is not the only reason for her losses but it's an important part.
In two sets of her first round match the serve was there, just as the groundies were there, and everything else. In the set that she lost she made the doubles foults, the serve was weak, groundies were off.

In Hingis match, nothing worked, the serve among other things. I would say she needs to get her head straight, rather than the serve.

Bubba08
Feb 23rd, 2006, 09:41 PM
:wavey:

I don't know if you guys saw this, but WTAworld.com is seeking "for passionate and motivated tennis fans" who would do a blog on their favourite tennis star of the WTA. Perhaps someone here could do the Nastya's blog for them. :cool:

http://www.wtaworld.com/announcement.php?f=616
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=221981

selyoink
Feb 23rd, 2006, 11:32 PM
Nastya has been getting her serve broken too much for quite a long time now. I never expect her to hold at critical moments anymore.

Almalyk
Feb 24th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Nastya has been getting her serve broken too much for quite a long time now. I never expect her to hold at critical moments anymore.

I agree - I think I have more confidence that she will break other people's serve than hold her own. Has she played a set this entire year that she hasn't been broken in? I don't think so. Even her recent 6-1 set win over Zheng included a break of her serve at 5-0.

Derek.
Feb 24th, 2006, 01:57 AM
Nastya is not in the Amelia Island entry list :confused:
It was certainly a mistake on her official site. Good choice IMO, she's playing too many tournies in a row

What is her official website by the way?

martirogi
Feb 24th, 2006, 02:03 AM
nastya should avoid all green clay. it's worthless.

she better make a semifinal in one of these 3 upcoming tournies. :mad:

Almalyk
Feb 24th, 2006, 02:11 AM

A SF in Miami would be perfect for you! You would see days worth of Nastya! I think her best chance is Doha. She can't complain that she is tired, and she will probably have a bye in the first round. Plus the field is a little weaker too.

~|Naomi|~
Feb 24th, 2006, 05:18 AM

I agree. I've never been a fan of the green clay events, always seen those 2 weeks to be a time for players to rest and recover and prepare for the European clay and grass swings. Even though it includes a tier I event. Unless of course the player is Henin a clay specialist. Even though Nastya won RG I don't see her as a clay speicialist and I'd rather she rest for red clay and then Wimbledon, cause she coul have a lot of tennis in a couple of months if she plays well.

I'm looking forward to Doha, the field is good for Anastasia imo.

Bubba08
Feb 24th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Nastya can have some regrets, Sharapova defeated rather easily Martina.

Dementinator
Feb 24th, 2006, 12:03 PM
wasnt as easy as the score said ,Masha dropped serve a lot and a lot of Deuce games ,could have almost gone either way...

goldenlox
Feb 24th, 2006, 03:56 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/photogallery/dubai/f_30.jpg ©Sony Ericsson WTA Tour
Dubai, UAE: Anastasia Myskina was interviewed by an Arab television network on Sunday afternoon

~|Naomi|~
Feb 25th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Nastya can have some regrets, Sharapova defeated rather easily Martina.

Yes but Maria played Hingis in Tokyo, she knew what to expect this time and was ready. This was the first time Anastasia has played her since her comeback, next time Anastasia will have the experience of this match and she will be ready.

selyoink
Feb 25th, 2006, 04:08 PM

Green clay isn't worthless because ESPN usually has some coverage of both Amelia Island and Charleston. Anything that increases the possibility of finally seeing another Nastya match is very worthful. I think the last full Nastya match I saw was the Roland Garros debacle.

goldenlox
Feb 25th, 2006, 04:53 PM
What is good about green clay is that they play near Miami.
Not much traveling.

iine:
Feb 25th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Mauresmo (1) -bye
q vs. Bartoli
Q vs. Vento-Kabchi
Vinci vs. Likhotseva 7

Schiavone 4 -bye
Hingis vs. Washington
Kirilenko vs. q
Zheng vs. Kuznetsova 6

Jankovic 8 vs. Schruff
A.bondarenko vs. Douchevina
sugiyama vs. Sfar
Myskina 3 -bye

Hantuchova 5- Peschke
Zvonareva - Li
Medina vs. q
Petrova 2 -bye

iine:
Feb 25th, 2006, 05:02 PM
A good draw for Nastya IMO. She has a big chance to reach the final, I think. All beatable players in her half!

So, come on Myskina!:rocker2: Give your best!;)

Bubba08
Feb 25th, 2006, 05:04 PM
She has a good draw in Doha this time, she will have no excuse if she looses before the semifinals. She has a real chance here. :bigclap:

selyoink
Feb 25th, 2006, 05:12 PM
A very good draw. I will accept nothing less than an appearance in the final. She has no one too dangerous in her quarter. Jankovic has been slumping for quite some time. Sugiyama has not won a match all year. In other words all players that Nastya should beat and has been beating in her current form. Then it would be Petrova or Hantuchova most likely in the semis. Both players who Nastya should be able to beat. Petrova is probably the weakest player in the top ten other than maybe Schnyder.

If Nastya doesn't make the final I will be very very mad.

goldenlox
Feb 25th, 2006, 06:15 PM
This is the good half. The top half has Mauresmo and Hingis.
Nothing like that in the bottom.
Nadia actually has a chance to pass Maria and be Russian #1, so she needs a good showing here, IW and Miami.
Nastya can close the gap on Maria here also.

~|Naomi|~
Feb 26th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Nadia actually has a chance to pass Maria and be Russian #1, so she needs a good showing here, IW and Miami.

Wow, I had no idea about that:)

Good draw, definately the weaker half, the 2nd 1/4 in particular is loaded.

Almalyk
Feb 26th, 2006, 02:16 AM
GREAT DRAW! Even if Nastya had beenallowed to make the draw herself, she couldn't have asked for better than this. No Martina and Momo until at least the final. Petrova should be the only hurdle on that side of the draw, but we will see what Nastya makes of it!

GOOD LUCK!

denine
Feb 26th, 2006, 03:50 AM
Great draw! :D

frenchie
Feb 26th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Hi I won't post there for the next 2 weeks because I'll be on vacation!!! :wavey:

_LuCaS_
Feb 26th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Hi I won't post there for the next 2 weeks because I'll be on vacation!!! :wavey:
:wavey: have fun

Good draw...like it matters anyway :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Feb 26th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Nastya's losses this year have been to Patty, Elena D., and Martina.
So no terrible losses.
She and Nadia will not see another draw this good for a while.

goldenlox
Feb 26th, 2006, 06:48 PM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9876/200403miami2kc.jpg
Ahh... lunch!

sinterklaasje
Feb 26th, 2006, 07:34 PM
I like the draw
she should do better than last year.
enjoy your holiday frenchie!

Daniel
Feb 27th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Good luck Nastya in Doha :bounce:

fleur137
Feb 27th, 2006, 06:05 AM
have lotsa fun frenchie!! :wavey:

lovely draw :D but nastya will put our nerves to the test again imo :rolleyes:

_LuCaS_
Feb 27th, 2006, 08:17 AM
I put my money on a 3 setter 1st match :lol:

goldenlox
Feb 27th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Nastya hasn't played Nadia since 2004. They always go 3 sets.
If they don't play each other in this draw, it's a disappointing tournament.

selyoink
Feb 27th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Nastya and Kirilenko are playing doubles right now against AO champs Yan and Zheng.

goldenlox
Feb 27th, 2006, 05:11 PM
They lost 2-6, 2-6. How can they be that bad?

Bubba08
Feb 27th, 2006, 05:21 PM
They were playnig the AO doubles champions, and none of those two has ever been a doubles specialist as far as I know. :)

goldenlox
Feb 27th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Sveta/Nadia just beat that team in Dubai. Myslina won the Kremlin Cup in doubles in 2004, and the Fed Cup final.
And Kirilenko has decent results.

Bubba08
Feb 27th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Sveta/Nadia just beat that team in Dubai. Myslina won the Kremlin Cup in doubles in 2004, and the Fed Cup final.
And Kirilenko has decent results.
So it was just a bad day for them, it happens occasionally even to the best players. :angel:

goldenlox
Feb 27th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Nastya needs some good days. Maybe in singles. Her best draw so far in 2006.

selyoink
Feb 27th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Couldn't really expect Nastya and Kirilenko to take down the Aussie Open champs. I just hope she fares much better in singles.

_LuCaS_
Feb 27th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Just like that...I just want some pics :(

fleur137
Feb 27th, 2006, 08:42 PM
oh well no more doubles. come on nastya in singles!!

denine
Feb 27th, 2006, 10:17 PM
ah well.at least its only doubles :p :p

~|Naomi|~
Feb 28th, 2006, 12:31 AM
It is dissappointing but I don't think it will be a permanent team. Maria normally plays with Dulko but she was in Bogota last week and is in Mexico this week.

Good Luck for singles:)

Almalyk
Feb 28th, 2006, 03:13 AM
I've lost interest in doubles a long time ago (when Nastya is playing). I only care that she gets her singles performances back on track.

Derek.
Feb 28th, 2006, 03:16 AM
I only care that she gets her singles performances back on track.

Yeah me too. :) Time to shine in Doha Nastya! :D

selyoink
Feb 28th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I've lost interest in doubles a long time ago (when Nastya is playing). I only care that she gets her singles performances back on track.

Yeah I could care less about her results in doubles.

She is first up tomorrow against Ai Sugiyama who got her first win of the year against Sfar today. This is a match Nastya must win.

Spunky83
Feb 28th, 2006, 06:12 PM
It´s my birthday tomorrow, she better win this one;)

the cat
Feb 28th, 2006, 06:22 PM
I'm dissapointed La Legs and La Legs Jr. lost badly in doubles. :( ;) I would think Anastasia and Little Masha would make a good doubles team. But that's not the case so far. :scratch: Hey maybe it's time for Nastya to team up with Big Masha! :yeah: They would make a dynamic doubles team. :D :cool:

Happy birthday Spunky! :bdaycake: :aparty: Nastya will get a win for you on your birthday. :)

selyoink
Feb 28th, 2006, 06:32 PM
It´s my birthday tomorrow, she better win this one;)

She will win. If she doesn't all remaining hope I have will be crushed.

miffedmax
Feb 28th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Happy birthday Spunky, then.

Hopefully a Nastya win to celebrate, too. Then on to a rematch of 2004 at RG.

Almalyk
Feb 28th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Happy 23rd birthday Spunky!

Good luck Nastya!

denine
Mar 1st, 2006, 11:15 AM
happy birthday spunky! :)

iine:
Mar 1st, 2006, 11:24 AM
:bounce::bigclap::aparty:HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SPUNKY!!!:aparty::bigclap::bounce:

_LuCaS_
Mar 1st, 2006, 11:54 AM
Hey maybe it's time for Nastya to team up with Big Masha! :yeah: They would make a dynamic doubles team. :D :cool:

http://mes.smilies.free.fr/smilies/clegal2.gif

_LuCaS_
Mar 1st, 2006, 11:55 AM
http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/images/smilies/new_birthday.gif Spunky !

meyerpl
Mar 1st, 2006, 02:28 PM
Happy Birthday Spunky!! :worship: :wavey: :bounce:

Go forth and celebrate!

Here's a tip: Before you go out tonight, tape a hand-cuff key to the inside of your watch-band. Trust me on this one.

And if you're going out with the guys: Remember; women are more sensitive to the effects of alcohol than men. :angel:

And a tip for the guys: Remember; women are more sensitive to the effects of alcohol than men. :devil:

sinterklaasje
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:10 PM
:aparty: :bdaycake: happy birthday Spunky

phhhhhhwwww, Nastya barely escaped a straight set loss: 6-7, 7-6
hope she plays better in set 3 :scared:

Thauron
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:17 PM
Come on Nastya, pull this through - if only for Spunky.

Enjoy your birthday, Spunky - no matter the results of yet another freaky match

:aparty: Happy Birthday :aparty:

Foot's Fingers
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:21 PM
Happy Birthday, Spunky

cerbero
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:23 PM
It's the Rollercoasterrrr, so much fun... :crazy:

goldenlox
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:28 PM
Grand Slam glory came too soon for Russia’s Myskina
Web posted at: 3/1/2006 1:34:21
Source ::: RR/The Peninsula http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/images/March2006/24myskna.jpgAnastasia Myskina

DOHA: Anastasia Myskina, one of six Russian players in the world top-20, believes her only Grand Slam glory at the French Open 2004 was one moment of global reckoning she was not quite ready for.

Myskina, who is seeking her third title at the US $600,000 Qatar Open, was honest enough to admit that her triumph at the Roland Garros two years ago came too soon for a player still trying to find her feet at the international level.

“Things happened so suddenly. My whole life changed after I won the French Open in 2004. I realised that, all of a sudden, I have become so famous, people coming up for handshakes and pictures. The fact that I was becoming popular was okay, but for a young person like me, things were happening too fast,” Myskina revealed yesterday.

“Soon after the French Open triumph, I was in the newspapers everyday. With me becoming popular, expectations of fans went up as well. All of a sudden I was expected to win every event I took part in or reach the final at least,” recalled the Russian, who has not won a WTA Tour title since January last year.

“The expectations of the fans and the global attention became too much for me. I couldn’t handle the pressure associated with fame and success,’ said Myskina.

The Russian wondered how England football captain David Beckham handles the media glare and the public attention so well. “I sometimes wonder how Beckham copes with the attention that he gets all the time. How does he manage himself in front of such public adulation or media focus,” asked the Russian.

Despite the public pressure and the media frenzy following her Roland Garros triumph, Myskina said the happenings of 2004 for good for Russian tennis. “That year, not only I but Maria Sharapova and Svetlana Kuznetsova also won Grand Slams. In all, three Russians won three of the four Grand Slam titles. That made tennis a huge sport at home. That is still the case and I am happy about it,” Myskina, who has 10 titles to her credit,” said. “I think Russian tennis is looking up and our players can win more Grand Slams. The Russian players are trying hard to win more Slams,” Myskina, who plays her first match in Doha today, said yesterday.

goldenlox
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:37 PM
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1848/nastya20ra.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)
No, I'm not bored :p

iine:
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:39 PM
Nastya:hearts:

cerbero
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:42 PM
Damn, Nastya move that butt...

cerbero
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:54 PM
She's moving her butt...

Foot's Fingers
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:07 PM
Damn this loss

So much fights and losing chances

Wated leads in first set , wasted ins econd
saving MPs down to 1-4 in FS back to 4-4 and LOSING!!!

:bigcry:

Too many bad emotions in me now

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:07 PM
Nastya just put in a :headbang: performance in :rolleyes:

lost to Sugiyama of all people in her current form :help:

Nastya was so up and down it was shocking.

cerbero
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:08 PM
I talked too soon...

cindy
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:08 PM
sometimes I prefer not to say what I'm thinking...this girl needs to improve somthing...anything...EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not abble to win one single match...I don't understand her anymore...anyway...hope it will be better soon
sorry for your birthday spunky

_LuCaS_
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:18 PM
This turns to be more like the Final Destination 3 Rollercoaster :scared:
:sad:

goldenlox
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:22 PM
Ai Sugiyama def. Anastassia Myskina 7-6 6-7 6-4

Her worst loss so far this year.

sinterklaasje
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:25 PM
:sad:
how to screw up a great draw, part 53 by Nastya Myskina: first of all, never hold serve; second, waste as many BP as possible
WTF was she doing? She wasted so many opportunities: 40-15 or 15-40 up and still losing the game. You can't win matches like that!
If she wants to move up in the rankings, she has to do better than last year. I thought there was no way she could performe as poorly as last year, but apparently there is.
I wonder what's going through her head. She sounds optimistic these days, but her results show otherwise. Did anyone see the match? Did she make tons of UE's or was Ai just playing great?
2h50 :eek: Kim Clijsters plays/wins 3 matches in 2h50 :lol:
anyway, I'm feeling dizzy after nearly 3h on the rollercoaster. I'm hoping for a better result in IW.
hope she didn't spoil your birthday Spunky :kiss:

cerbero
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:34 PM
That's why she's playing six tournaments in a row... :lol:

Bubba08
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:36 PM
I am completely disgusted :sad:
I can't even find an excuse for this miserable loss :fiery:

Spunky83
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:38 PM
Grand Slam glory came too soon for Russia’s Myskina
Web posted at: 3/1/2006 1:34:21
Source ::: RR/The Peninsula http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/images/March2006/24myskna.jpgAnastasia Myskina

DOHA: Anastasia Myskina, one of six Russian players in the world top-20, believes her only Grand Slam glory at the French Open 2004 was one moment of global reckoning she was not quite ready for.

Myskina, who is seeking her third title at the US $600,000 Qatar Open, was honest enough to admit that her triumph at the Roland Garros two years ago came too soon for a player still trying to find her feet at the international level.

“Things happened so suddenly. My whole life changed after I won the French Open in 2004. I realised that, all of a sudden, I have become so famous, people coming up for handshakes and pictures. The fact that I was becoming popular was okay, but for a young person like me, things were happening too fast,” Myskina revealed yesterday.

“Soon after the French Open triumph, I was in the newspapers everyday. With me becoming popular, expectations of fans went up as well. All of a sudden I was expected to win every event I took part in or reach the final at least,” recalled the Russian, who has not won a WTA Tour title since January last year.

“The expectations of the fans and the global attention became too much for me. I couldn’t handle the pressure associated with fame and success,’ said Myskina.

The Russian wondered how England football captain David Beckham handles the media glare and the public attention so well. “I sometimes wonder how Beckham copes with the attention that he gets all the time. How does he manage himself in front of such public adulation or media focus,” asked the Russian.

Despite the public pressure and the media frenzy following her Roland Garros triumph, Myskina said the happenings of 2004 for good for Russian tennis. “That year, not only I but Maria Sharapova and Svetlana Kuznetsova also won Grand Slams. In all, three Russians won three of the four Grand Slam titles. That made tennis a huge sport at home. That is still the case and I am happy about it,” Myskina, who has 10 titles to her credit,” said. “I think Russian tennis is looking up and our players can win more Grand Slams. The Russian players are trying hard to win more Slams,” Myskina, who plays her first match in Doha today, said yesterday.

Uhm...sorry Nastya for being a fan :confused: :o

To quote Nada Surf: "Oh fuck it, I´m gonna have a party..."

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:39 PM
I saw the match, all of it

Nastya was going great 5-2 up
then she just fell of the wheels, making UE after UE, Df's came
she broke back for 1st set TB, then she played a pathetic TB full of UE's

2nd set, she should have been *4-1 up, let Ai back in, served for set at 5-4, then played a nightmare game :o

3rd set, she had chances to hold 1st game, break in 2nd, hold in 3rd, but was 0-3 down :rolleyes:

she fought back playing amazing tennis to 4-4
then just when i was thinking, hold, and you'll win, she had a nightmare serving game,

even then she had chances to break back and totally messed up all of the chances :fiery:

cerbero
Mar 1st, 2006, 05:06 PM
She must control her head...

ARIANE 5
Mar 1st, 2006, 05:17 PM
Terrible match, but not very surprising. It's difficult since the beginning of the year.

For me she sould change her coach. She needs an other "speech", a new "language". A coach "to move" her.

I'm anger to see her spoil her talent like this.

Spunky83
Mar 1st, 2006, 05:22 PM
Yep...new coach (ok, I´ve been saying that for like a year now)

Fire Cutie-J, marry him and get a decent coach...it can be soooo easy!

:lol:

Spunky83
Mar 1st, 2006, 05:23 PM
Come to think of it...didn´t help Andy "I suck" Roddick either...hmmm...nooo idea

goldenlox
Mar 1st, 2006, 05:30 PM

She played fine in Moscow, okay in San Diego, Montreal and Athens.

The problems came in 2005.

ARIANE 5
Mar 1st, 2006, 05:54 PM
ok, it's not easy because Jens is more than a coach for her.

Maybe she should change her training, to "work" more. I don't no.

So wait and see, but I'm not very optimistic for the top 10 this year.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 1st, 2006, 06:04 PM
its more her concentration where the problem lies
always has :fiery: :(

ARIANE 5
Mar 1st, 2006, 06:25 PM
In fact she play better with short hair :tape:

Cut your hair Nastya, hurry up :retard:

manu32
Mar 1st, 2006, 06:28 PM
Terrible match, but not very surprising. It's difficult since the beginning of the year.

For me she sould change her coach. She needs an other "speech", a new "language". A coach "to move" her.

I'm anger to see her spoil her talent like this.

she must change her coach,that's evident......she is talentuous and nice and
gerlach belongs to her past,great past i agree.....
she won a GS and it was a great tournament with a lot of top players not
a tier 4 .....so she can do it again but with other team.....
courage nastya.....

selyoink
Mar 1st, 2006, 06:39 PM
Son of a bitch. Looks like we are in for another long year. I did not expect this loss at all. Her goal of getting back to the top of the rankings seems completely preposterous after this loss.

selyoink
Mar 1st, 2006, 06:40 PM
:aparty: Happy Birthday Spunky!

I hope Nastya didn't ruin it for you.

meyerpl
Mar 1st, 2006, 06:56 PM
I'm, shocked, disappointed, frustrated and sad. I can't even imagine how Nastya must feel after this loss.

I hope she gets to the bottom of what seems to be troubling her game and puts it behind her. She can do so much better!

_LuCaS_
Mar 1st, 2006, 07:16 PM
thanks TBE for the report
INcredible how such lack of focus can destroy a talent :sad:
She doesn't have enough confidence in herself, she plays fierce sometimes when she's down, most likely taking advantage of the opponent's relaxation but, I don't know, maybe fears installs when she leads, even points in game, now even more after all these chokes...it's like a bad habit you can't escape.
And yes Jens it's gonna be the death of her (tennis career wise), 14 months and no real improvement...only slightly good results. Galina doesn't see this? She's her mother...advise Nastya to sack Jens, she'll listen to her mother.

the cat
Mar 1st, 2006, 07:32 PM
It's obvious that Ana has struggled dealing with success, fame and her mother's illness after winning the 2004 French Open. Isn't it time she worked with a sports psychologist? Alot of Russian athletes work with sports psychologists to help them deal with fame and fortune and other issues in their lives. Nastya is on a bad slide in tennis in the last year or so and if she doesn't turn it around this year she might play a couple more years of mediocre tennis. But she's too good a tennis talent to wallow in mediocrity the way she is.

meyerpl
Mar 1st, 2006, 07:48 PM
I don't want to heap criticism on Nastya, she's my favorite athlete, but I have been pondering a troubling question. When was the last time Nastya played two consecutive solid sets of tennis?

Almalyk
Mar 1st, 2006, 07:57 PM
It's obvious that Ana has struggled dealing with success, fame and her mother's illness after winning the 2004 French Open. Isn't it time she worked with a sports psychologist? Alot of Russian athletes work with sports psychologists to help them deal with fame and fortune and other issues in their lives. Nastya is on a bad slide in tennis in the last year or so and if she doesn't turn it around this year she might play a couple more years of mediocre tennis. But she's too good a tennis talent to wallow in mediocrity the way she is.

Totally agree. Nastya needs to make some big changes if she doesn't want her next few years of tennis to be mediocre. I couldn't believe this loss when I woke up this morning. :fiery:

miffedmax
Mar 1st, 2006, 08:07 PM
“The expectations of the fans and the global attention became too much for me. I couldn’t handle the pressure associated with fame and success,’ said Myskina. [color=black]

So I guess I should be glad Lena D. collapsed like a house of cards in Paris?
:eek:

I am disappointed for Nastya. But I like Ai, so maybe I'm not as :mad: as some other fans.

I agree about a sports psychologist. Nastya, Lena D., Bepa, Nadia and Kuzzy could get a group discount. So much talent with so little to show for it (except Nastya, who actually has a pretty decent record in comparison).

Ooooh. I may have to do a group therapy confrontation . . .

Spunky83
Mar 1st, 2006, 08:17 PM
thanks TBE for the report
INcredible how such lack of focus can destroy a talent :sad:
She doesn't have enough confidence in herself, she plays fierce sometimes when she's down, most likely taking advantage of the opponent's relaxation but, I don't know, maybe fears installs when she leads, even points in game, now even more after all these chokes...it's like a bad habit you can't escape.
And yes Jens it's gonna be the death of her (tennis career wise), 14 months and no real improvement...only slightly good results. Galina doesn't see this? She's her mother...advise Nastya to sack Jens, she'll listen to her mother.

I have a feeling that Galina actually likes Jens. I mean she cannot dislike him for having been there for her daughter all though last year. Still, it´s time to make a cut between private and professional life, afterall it´s still a job. However, I cannot help but ask myself if Nastya could function at all without Jens. It would be cutting off her left arm (I know you guys wanted to read ´hair´;))

But she already told journalists that she dídn´t fire him last year cause obviously it wasn´t his fault. However this year it could be really different and it needs to be.

meyerpl
Mar 1st, 2006, 08:26 PM
If you haven't already done so, I recommend you go to anastasia-myskina.com and read Spunky's write-up of Nastya's loss today. I didn't believe I could laugh about it, but the last line of the article made me LAUGH OUT LOUD!

Thanks Spunky, I needed that! :hatoff:

Spunky83
Mar 1st, 2006, 08:43 PM
If you haven't already done so, I recommend you go to anastasia-myskina.com and read Spunky's write-up of Nastya's loss today. I didn't believe I could laugh about it, but the last line of the article made me LAUGH OUT LOUD!

Thanks Spunky, I needed that! :hatoff:

I actually edited that a few secs ago...but I guess I know what you mean :tape:

meyerpl
Mar 1st, 2006, 09:03 PM
I actually edited that a few secs ago...but I guess I know what you mean :tape:
I was referring to:

"After three grueling hours riding the rollercoaster upside down, the machine has come to an abrupt halt and wow, are we sick!"

I realize my sense of humor is a bit twisted. That, added to the fact that I was very much in need of something to laugh about at the time, made me..... :lol: when I read it.

martirogi
Mar 1st, 2006, 09:50 PM
happy bday spunky. http://www.mysmilie.de/english/green/smilies/music/13.gif http://www.mysmilie.de/english/green/smilies/music/13.gif http://www.mysmilie.de/english/green/smilies/music/13.gif

do some of this http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/liebe/knuddel.gif followed by this http://yelims.free.fr/Sexe/Sexe32.gif

martirogi
Mar 1st, 2006, 09:59 PM
spunky pulling out the nada surf quotes! i didnt know she was THAT :cool:

martirogi
Mar 1st, 2006, 09:59 PM
so when i see her in miami should i grab her my the shoulders, shake her violently, and scream "get a new coach"?

denine
Mar 1st, 2006, 10:14 PM
how could she lose?!?! damnit.:rolleyes:

angiee3
Mar 1st, 2006, 10:23 PM
HAPPY B-DAY SPUNKY!!!
hope you have a great time.... enjoy! (but not to much ;) )

selyoink
Mar 1st, 2006, 10:44 PM
how could she lose?!?! damnit.:rolleyes:

Because she is a headcase. :smash:

~|Naomi|~
Mar 1st, 2006, 11:19 PM
I couldn't believe this loss when I woke up this morning. :fiery:

Same. I came on to check scores before class & didn't expect this:o

Derek.
Mar 2nd, 2006, 01:37 AM
Nastya. :sad: :o

Number19
Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:21 AM
Son of a bitch. Looks like we are in for another long year. I did not expect this loss at all. Her goal of getting back to the top of the rankings seems completely preposterous after this loss.

No, she's taking us on the rollercoster ride. Right now itslow, even falling. But later in the year will be a high, maybe the high.

angiee3
Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:29 AM
so when i see her in miami should i grab her my the shoulders, shake her violently, and scream "get a new coach"?

yeah you should. :lol:

but really.. there has to be a huge change made....
i was hoping for at least a nice semifinal performance.... and then today when i got back home from school i see the scores. and it just made me so dissapointed.... i wasn't expecting this to happen....

Almalyk
Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:38 AM

YES YES YES :kiss:

selyoink
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:03 AM
No, she's taking us on the rollercoster ride. Right now itslow, even falling. But later in the year will be a high, maybe the high.

I'm afraid that won't be happening ever again. She had her time and apparentely her time has passed.

I hope you are right though. I really do. It just seems totally absurd at the moment though.

iine:
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:13 AM
Terrible loss.:sobbing: I hope she will get things back on track SOON.

Almalyk
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:25 AM
I'm afraid that won't be happening ever again. She had her time and apparentely her time has passed.

I hope you are right though. I really do. It just seems totally absurd at the moment though.

I would say I was one of the more positive posters on this board... and even i'm beginning to think the same way :scared:

Maybe i'll follow Hingis because I expect her to get good results, and i'll follow Nastya because of her looks, charisma, and the odd surprise here and there. :confused:

~|Naomi|~
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:13 AM
I still think Nastya can get back. I think she can definately break back into the top 10. I don't think she will be the next player to break into/back into the top 10 though I think that will be Kuznetsova who has started very well this year. But I think top 10 is definately within Nastya's reach right now. Top 5 will be a lot more difficut as there is so much depth at the top, but if she has done it before and she has well she can do it again. Apart from a 4th round at Miami she has virtually nothing to defend till the grass season. Girls like Schnyder, Petrova in the lower half of the top 10 have a lot to defend on the clay. So it is there for the tanking. Winning another slam will be tough. Maybe I am delerious but I think Anastasia will get back to top 10. She is feeling better about her game and mentally wants to be out on court, so she is already ahead of where she was last year. Hopefully it is just a matter of time till her game comes together to match her attitude.

Almalyk
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:44 AM
I still think Nastya can get back. I think she can definately break back into the top 10. I don't think she will be the next player to break into/back into the top 10 though I think that will be Kuznetsova who has started very well this year. But I think top 10 is definately within Nastya's reach right now. Top 5 will be a lot more difficut as there is so much depth at the top, but if she has done it before and she has well she can do it again. Apart from a 4th round at Miami she has virtually nothing to defend till the grass season. Girls like Schnyder, Petrova in the lower half of the top 10 have a lot to defend on the clay. So it is there for the tanking. Winning another slam will be tough. Maybe I am delerious but I think Anastasia will get back to top 10. She is feeling better about her game and mentally wants to be out on court, so she is already ahead of where she was last year. Hopefully it is just a matter of time till her game comes together to match her attitude.

Nice post. I too am pleased she at least wants to be back on court. That along with being much happier in 2006 could provide a basis for more positive performances. However, the best way would be for her to take advantage of dream draws, i.e. Doha.

Besides from that, I just looked at the Indian Wells entry list - Nastya will be seeded 5th!! I'm shocked she is so high, with the past year she has had.

As for getting back into the top 10, it's totally possible before Wimbledon, but whether she can stay there is the question. I hope that she will gain momentum this year.

sinterklaasje
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:56 AM
I'm always optimistic (you can call me naive or just plain stupid :lol: ) and I think she can get back :rocker2:
I agree with Naomi, she is already ahead of where she was last year. Yesterday's loss was very disappointing and a bit unexpected, but at least she could have won (ok, should have won). Last year same period, she went down without a chance.
I don't know about the coach-thing. The game is there, but it switches on and off. At some points, she plays very well, like a top-10 player, but at other times she just has those brain freezes where she abandons her game plan and starts to make crazy unforced errors, especially when she has a lead. I think it all comes down to confidence. I'm not sure whether a coach change would make her feel more confident. Maybe, maybe not. I also doubt whether she has the ambition to come back. I'm happy she's enjoying life again and I agree there's more in life than tennis, but it seems to me she doesn't focus enough on tennis. During her matches she's really fighting, but I wonder if she's making enough effort the rest of the time.
The game is there, the head not always. I'm confident her next matches will be better.

~|Naomi|~
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:57 AM
Besides from that, I just looked at the Indian Wells entry list - Nastya will be seeded 5th!! I'm shocked she is so high, with the past year she has had.

Indian Wells is a weak draw this year becuase of Miami being mandatory so some of the top girls didn't commit and injuries, both Pierce and Kim withdrew.

Almalyk
Mar 2nd, 2006, 10:07 AM
Indian Wells is a weak draw this year becuase of Miami being mandatory so some of the top girls didn't commit and injuries, both Pierce and Kim withdrew.

Yeah I realise it's weak - but still, it's weird to think Nastya can be 5th seed at the 2nd biggest Tier 1...

Thauron
Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:22 PM
"...and so it came to pass that upon that faithful day dreadful dark shadows gathered above the AAAM-thread, smothering the light of the sun, stars and moon 'til eventually the very last flicker of hope vanished, leaving her disheartened fans in a bleak world of death and despair, wailing over their grievous faith for all eternity..." Wow, you guys really manage to create a positive atmosphere here. :tape: :bolt:

Imagine Myskina herself would browse through these pages ('6 first round losses in a row', 'going to be a long year', 'never again top 10',...) - and she is struggling with her confidence already - you should all be spanked :smash:

Maybe we should take example of the Williams sisters or Sharapova-fans: at least they seem to have no problem believing their fave is greater than Steffi Graf or Navratilova, the best thing that happened to this world since its very creation, the most beautiful thing since Homeros' Helena perished and the immedeate key to world peace, spiritual renewal and eternal salvation - despite any circumstances. :p
On second thought, maybe we should not. :confused:

- sorry, i can't help it - sometimes the urge becomes irresistable -

A tiny bit more serious now: I understand the frustration - I was very frustrated too after the Schnyder AO match - but I don't think there is any reason to be extremely pessimistic. She has trouble concentrating, thinks too much, doubts too much probably - but why should we start doubting too? ;)

miffedmax
Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:42 PM
Nastya will be back.

C'mon, y'all are acting like Nasty never crashed out in the first round of a tournament before.

She's always been and off-and-on player, even in 2004. I expect her to make good runs at the remaining Slams and to pick up a couple titles in 2006.

sinterklaasje
Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:57 PM
:yeah:
glad to see I'm not the only one thinking positive.

Spunky83
Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:54 PM
Like I said, there are worse things, go and ask Nastya

Yeah, my sarcasm is back! Although it´s resembles cynism much more;)

meyerpl
Mar 2nd, 2006, 04:37 PM
Some very interesting perspectives here. Hmmmmm. I totally agree with the humorous and positive attitudes. I take delight in being a Nastya fan. She is by far the most interesting and entertaining player for me. Win or lose, she's my girl!

Bubba08
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:00 PM
I have the same feeling, but it is hard not to be mad at her when she wastes such a golden draw. I really hope that things will change.
Finally four tournaments in a row won't be too much.:p

_LuCaS_
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:06 PM
Some of you are delerious. Don't expect any miracles soon, unless something changes.

Bubba08
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:21 PM
Probably, personally I give her another chance.

sinterklaasje
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:32 PM
just look at us, all mourning because of a second round loss
she's not fulfilling her potential since the beginning of 2005, but it's not that bad!! just imagine being a Dokic-fan!

goldenlox
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:40 PM
I don't know if she really meant this. But I don't believe it.
She won the Kremlin Cup, and the Fed Cup final, after the 2004 AO.

Now she wants to play with nothing on the line, then play a 50k.

selyoink
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:40 PM
I'm all for optimism but only when there is reason to be optimistic and right now there is none. So I will be setting the bar extremely low that way if she does have a good tournament I'll be thrilled. If she sucks per usual I'll still be mad but I will have expected.

I just don't see any miracle cure coming.

Almalyk
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:40 PM
I don't know if she really meant this. But I don't believe it.
She won the Kremlin Cup, and the Fed Cup final, after the 2004 AO.

Now she wants to play with nothing on the line, then play a 50k.

Where was this apparently stated? A 50k? :confused:

angiee3
Mar 3rd, 2006, 01:18 AM
i know she can get in the top 10. but only if she starts playing better...
but if she continues playing like this for the next few tournys i don't see her going anywhere else but down....
i hope she shows us all that we are wrong in the next tourny....

(i guess i have mixed feelings about all this..)

Almalyk
Mar 3rd, 2006, 01:43 AM
i know she can get in the top 10. but only if she starts playing better...
but if she continues playing like this for the next few tournys i don't see her going anywhere else but down....
i hope she shows us all that we are wrong in the next tourny....

(i guess i have mixed feelings about all this..)

I guess it would be hard for her ranking to fall before Wimby since she has basically nothing to defend. She may even re-gain a spot in the top 10 for sometime. After that, her play needs to pick up or it might be :scared: