PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

miffedmax
Feb 2nd, 2006, 02:58 PM
I don't feel confident at all against Lena L
Hope Nastya plays better
If she wins her QF she'll play Vaidisova IMO

:boxing: Them's fightin' words, Frenchie!:boxing:

goldenlox
Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:30 PM
This will be an interesting match. Who makes the final from this half is wide open.

KV
Feb 2nd, 2006, 04:20 PM
Job done :D now follows Lena L.

_LuCaS_
Feb 2nd, 2006, 04:20 PM
This match is pretty important. Let's see if Nastya still has some pride in her. If she does she better knock her off in 2.

iine:
Feb 2nd, 2006, 04:21 PM
I'm really gald she pulled this off in straight sets!;)..Keep it going, Nastya!:kiss:

goldenlox
Feb 2nd, 2006, 04:37 PM
This is a great tournament for Anastasia to get her confidence back. A Tier I with a soft field.
If she gets to this final, she might get on a roll.

selyoink
Feb 2nd, 2006, 06:29 PM
Excellent work Nastya winning in straight sets.

Now she gets her good friend Elena L. This will almost certainly go three sets.

I wish it wasn't the last match. I won't be able to follow it live once again.

Almalyk
Feb 2nd, 2006, 07:39 PM
In the last 3 matches vs Lena L - she has bagelled her on each occasion - yet the match has been a three set struggle :(

Foot's Fingers
Feb 3rd, 2006, 06:21 AM
waiting for match

frenchie
Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:34 AM
Nastya won 4/6-6/2-6/3 after being down 0/2 in the third
phewww what a relief

She's playing Dementieva for a spot in the final!
Don't forget ES will broadcast a SF tomorrow at 8:30 am (Hope it's Nastya...)

Foot's Fingers
Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:38 AM
Nastya won 4/6-6/2-6/3 after being down 0/2 in the third
phewww what a relief

She's playing Dementieva for a spot in the final!
Don't forget ES will broadcast a SF tomorrow at 8:30 am (Hope it's Nastya...)

hope if it will be Masha -Martina, then they will show another SF recodered on Eurosport 2 as promissed

RR-87
Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:39 AM
Nastya! So many thanks for your victory! Good luck against Lena D.

fleur137
Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:46 AM
phew she won!! all the best against lena d!!

frenchie
Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:58 AM
hope if it will be Masha -Martina, then they will show another SF recodered on Eurosport 2 as promissed

I don't have ES 2 :mad:

Langers
Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:14 AM
Hello Myskina fans :wavey:

I've always been a fan of Myskina, I like people who represent their country, and she has always done this. I was at her second round game at the Australian Open, the highlight of the game was probably her drilling an attempted winner around the net post, and it ended up hitting a ball boy right on the head. She was very apologetic, she felt pretty bad for the kid :lol: She seems like a nice person. She had a good win today, and I actually placed some money on her in virtualBetting, and she repaid the faith. Good luck in the Semi's! :)

iine:
Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:27 AM
Myskina into the Semi's!:woohoo: Hope she gets pass Elena D. now. Good lcuk, then!:kiss:

sinterklaasje
Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:27 AM
hello Langers :wavey:

Nastya won :woohoo:
in 3, as expected :lol:
Nastya in SF and my last exam this afternoon, what a beautiful day :cool:

denine
Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:34 AM
:woohoo: hope she beats lenad! :banana:

Swiss Ivo
Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:36 AM
:woohoo: hope she beats lenad! :banana:
:devil:
:cool:

Kunal
Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:44 AM
good job myski

Kunal
Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:44 AM
the last tourni she won i believe was in india

Spunky83
Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:54 AM

I've always been a fan of Myskina, I like people who represent their country, and she has always done this. I was at her second round game at the Australian Open, the highlight of the game was probably her drilling an attempted winner around the net post, and it ended up hitting a ball boy right on the head. She was very apologetic, she felt pretty bad for the kid :lol: She seems like a nice person. She had a good win today, and I actually placed some money on her in virtualBetting, and she repaid the faith. Good luck in the Semi's! :)

Thatīs Nastya...in Indian Wells a few years ago, a ball boy had a pretty bad sun-stroke during her match and she went over there to comfort him. Last year she hit a ball boy/girl at the net while warm-up. She didnīt look when she served. That facial expression of hers was priceless, a mix between laughter, embaressment and shock, she quickly went to the kid :lol:

Well...itīs a quite risky life. Edberg once killed a woman (think it was a lineswoman).

frenchie
Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:15 PM
Thatīs Nastya...in Indian Wells a few years ago, a ball boy had a pretty bad sun-stroke during her match and she went over there to comfort him. Last year she hit a ball boy/girl at the net while warm-up. She didnīt look when she served. That facial expression of hers was priceless, a mix between laughter, embaressment and shock, she quickly went to the kid :lol:

Well...itīs a quite risky life. Edberg once killed a woman (think it was a lineswoman).

Yes I saw that in Indian Wells. She was losing in the first set against Vento and a ball boy just collapsed! she quickly went to check if everything was ok while this Vento didn't even move a finger :rolleyes:

Dementinator
Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:18 PM

was an old guy actually at the USO a ball hit him and he fell over and had a heart attack ,but i guess he coulda gone at any point really

Foot's Fingers
Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:20 PM
nice stories abt nastya :hug:

martirogi
Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:35 PM
myskii!!!!!!!!!! im so proud of you. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

BUT i dont have a good feeling about your newest lena d encounter :scared:

Swiss Ivo
Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:53 PM
myskii!!!!!!!!!! im so proud of you. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

BUT i dont have a good feeling about your newest lena d encounter :scared:

:devil: I think, you feel right! :devil:

Spunky83
Feb 3rd, 2006, 01:09 PM
Yes I saw that in Indian Wells. She was losing in the first set against Vento and a ball boy just collapsed! she quickly went to check if everything was ok while this Vento didn't even move a finger :rolleyes:

It was on Nastyaīs side of the court so actually Vento-Kabchi wasnīt allowed to go over although I donīt think that the ump would have punished that.

Whatīs also interesting is that Nastya lost a couple of games after that incident before eventually wrapping it up. Good girl

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 3rd, 2006, 01:27 PM
Nastya :banana: :D :)
good to see her comeback and win !!!!!!!!! :D

denine
Feb 3rd, 2006, 01:32 PM
:devil: I think, you feel right! :devil:
What's with the :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: .

meyerpl
Feb 3rd, 2006, 01:57 PM

Wow! I wish Nastya would hit me in the head with a ball and come over to comfort me!

miffedmax
Feb 3rd, 2006, 02:23 PM
Oh no! Another Russian Civil War!

Lena D. vs. Nastya!

Spunky vs. her dad!
Max vs. his kids!
Muscovite vs. Muscovite!

Oh the humanity!

I'll be rooting for Lena, but at least I know one of my faves will have a title shot.

goldenlox
Feb 3rd, 2006, 03:25 PM
In most years, Nastya spends a full month in Australia, and doesn't play Tokyo.
Coming right after a major, this is often a week Tier I.
This is a good spot for Myskina.
A good start to 2006.

KV
Feb 3rd, 2006, 03:46 PM
Well done to make the semis, good job done. :D Now follows Lena :D

goldenlox
Feb 3rd, 2006, 05:11 PM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060202/i/r2403792688.jpg?x=277&y=345&sig=HV1wiyZdrio.P7z05McuTQ--
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/nws/p/reuters120.gif (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/reuters/brand/SIG=pd7i95;_ylt=Avpku_MJvFxIdbgfA0F7CoeMKsMA;_ylu= X3oDMTA3bXNtMmJ2BHNlYwNzc3M-/*http://www.reuters.com)
Reuters - Thu Feb 2, 5:02 AM ET

Russia's Anastasia Myskina reaches for the ball as she makes a return to Klara Koukalova of the Czech Republic during their second round match at the Pan Pacific Open tennis tournament in Tokyo February 2, 2006. REUTERS/Yuriko Nakao

Spunky83
Feb 3rd, 2006, 05:16 PM
Oh no! Another Russian Civil War!

Lena D. vs. Nastya!

Spunky vs. her dad!
Max vs. his kids!
Muscovite vs. Muscovite!

Oh the humanity!

I'll be rooting for Lena, but at least I know one of my faves will have a title shot.

Hehe...my dad is currently 5803 miles (9339 km) apart from me and thus there will be no discussion concerning that matter ;)

selyoink
Feb 3rd, 2006, 06:33 PM
Yes Nastya won. Of course it had to go three sets. This is a great opportunity for her. Lena D. will be tough. Hopefully Nastya will be tougher. I should be experiencing the trauma of this via the live scoreboard. I hope they don't cause me too much damage.

miffedmax
Feb 3rd, 2006, 07:40 PM
Hehe...my dad is currently 5803 miles (9339 km) apart from me and thus there will be no discussion concerning that matter ;)

Well, I was going to talk some smack on his behalf, then I remembered--D'oh! We both support the girl who always loses . . .
:lol:

_LuCaS_
Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:17 PM
Well done :D :banana: :yeah:
Finally a nice win.
Good luck against Lena :bounce:

Almalyk
Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:40 PM
Well done Nastya - I think I was quite drunk when following the scoreboard. I just remember that you won :)

Bring on a Hingis/Myskina final :)

meyerpl
Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:43 PM
I don't know......I've been nervous lately about the prospect of Nastya playing Elena. Of course, I'd be nervous about the prospect of Nastya playing Bobby Riggs' remains. Nastya is more than capable of beating, or losing to any player.

I'll be thrilled if either Nastya or Elena wins this tournament! That said.....GO NASTYA!

meyerpl
Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:45 PM
Well done Nastya - I think I was quite drunk when following the scoreboard. I just remember that you won :)

Bring on a Hingis/Myskina final :)

:lol:
I usually find myself having the urge to get drunk after Nastya's matches, not before them.

fleur137
Feb 4th, 2006, 12:00 AM

hey Langers!! :wavey: :wavey: It's great to have another Aussie here!!
anyway, just out of curiosity, does your username have anything to do with Justin Langer? lol

angiee3
Feb 4th, 2006, 01:34 AM
best of luck againts lena d...
i'm so nervous.....:lol:

fleur137
Feb 4th, 2006, 01:46 AM
^so am i lol

Langers
Feb 4th, 2006, 02:09 AM
hey Langers!! :wavey: :wavey: It's great to have another Aussie here!!
anyway, just out of curiosity, does your username have anything to do with Justin Langer? lol
Hey thanks mate :)

Well my last name is Lang, and my nickname is Langers. However Justin Langer's nickname is 'Lang', so I'll claim that we're somehow related ;)

denine
Feb 4th, 2006, 03:48 AM
i'm freaking out about the match already. GOOD LUCK!!!

selyoink
Feb 4th, 2006, 05:13 AM
If Nastya wins it looks like she will play Hingis who is annihilating Sharapova 6-3, 4-1 right now. Serving for 5-1.

selyoink
Feb 4th, 2006, 05:26 AM
And Hingis wins 6-3, 6-1. Certainly a shocking result in my opinion.

Almalyk
Feb 4th, 2006, 05:39 AM
And Hingis wins 6-3, 6-1. Certainly a shocking result in my opinion.

I'm not shocked - only elated! Such a great thing for Marti to be in the final. All I need now is Nastya to win, and it's my dream final :) :hearts: :lick:

Almalyk
Feb 4th, 2006, 05:42 AM
Myskina breaks to start :)

Almalyk
Feb 4th, 2006, 05:46 AM
2-0 :)

denine
Feb 4th, 2006, 06:16 AM
omg! her serving is....:mad:

denine
Feb 4th, 2006, 07:36 AM
she lost. :sad:

selyoink
Devastation. That is how I feel after this terrible loss. How could Nastya not break Lena once in the final set? Not even beating Lena is a given anymore.

Almalyk
I dreamed of a Myskina/Hingis final - now all I can hope is that Hingis trounces Dementieva badly.. I am so annoyed Nastya didn't take her bp in 3rd set.

:tears: :tears: :tears:

Almalyk
Feb 4th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Devastation. That is how I feel after this terrible loss. How could Nastya not break Lena once in the final set? Not even beating Lena is a given anymore.

Agree - how on earth can Lena win 8/11 2nd serve points in the final set? :mad:

frenchie
Feb 4th, 2006, 07:41 AM
I'm so sad right now!!
she had a good opportunity here

Almalyk
Feb 4th, 2006, 07:44 AM

If Hingis wasn't playing, i don't know what i'd do. Her performances have been well beyond what I expected, so at least I have something to be excited for.

selyoink
Feb 4th, 2006, 07:44 AM
I'm so sad right now!!
she had a good opportunity here

She certainly did. Her serve is a mess. She did serve much better from the halfway point of the 2nd set and onwards. It still cost her. Second serve particularly bad.

Who knows when Nastya will ever get back to a Tier I final. This sure seemed like the best opportunity in a long, long while.

denine
Feb 4th, 2006, 07:49 AM
her second serve was bad.. really bad. what a depressing day.

Dementinator
Feb 4th, 2006, 07:50 AM

Sory about this :sad: I guess someone was gonn a be upset ,why couldnt this have been a final match! well cheer up ,Nastyas winning matches ,shes beating all the player below her ,which lets be honest she wasnt last year so things are better already .Lena is a good player ,so dont be too hard on her ,everyone is always so suprised when she beats someone ,never know why ,she is in the top ten ,and at this point the higher ranked ,so losing to her isnt an embarassment ,I am sure naext Time Nastyas gone a win , but imagine all the times Lenas lost ,and Nastya will always have that FO win...so dont get too upset...

martirogi
Feb 4th, 2006, 08:01 AM
im so upset at you right now :mad:

selyoink
Feb 4th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Time for this sad boy to go to bed. Been a long 19 hour day for me that ends in sadness. Maybe I will not be so upset when I wake up.

iine:
Feb 4th, 2006, 08:40 AM
This is a bad day!:bigcry: Both of my favs losing in the semis :sad:

Vass22
Feb 4th, 2006, 08:42 AM
I dreamed of a Myskina/Hingis final - now all I can hope is that Hingis trounces Dementieva badly.. I am so annoyed Nastya didn't take her bp in 3rd set.

Hingis would have had trashed Nastya.... :unsure: And loss to Dementieva is better than loss to Hingis for her reputation...

PS: Let's just pray for Lena now.

fleur137
Feb 4th, 2006, 09:18 AM
nastya and her damned second serve! :mad:

_LuCaS_
Feb 4th, 2006, 09:59 AM
It wasn't that bad. They were pretty close in the 3rd. Could have gone either way.

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 4th, 2006, 12:56 PM
typical Nastya vs Lena match :o ;)

Nastya just came out on wrong end this time :sad: :( :(

goldenlox
Feb 4th, 2006, 03:16 PM
After the year Nastya had in 2005, I'll take a Tier I semi as a decent result.
But she still is nowhere near the form that won 2 straight Kremlin Cups.

Almalyk
Feb 4th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Hingis would have had trashed Nastya.... :unsure: And loss to Dementieva is better than loss to Hingis for her reputation...

PS: Let's just pray for Lena now.

Sorry I just can't be happy. I would have much preferred her to get trounced in the final than lose in SF like this... A final is a much higher accolade, and I prefer a loss to Martina because she is my 2nd fav :)

frenchie
Feb 5th, 2006, 12:29 AM
3 weeks without Nastya now..... :zzz: :zzz:

selyoink
Feb 5th, 2006, 02:02 AM
What is her next tournament?

angiee3
Feb 5th, 2006, 03:07 AM
I'm really sad for her loss... probably because it could have been her first final of the year... (but still i feel a bit happy for lena.. hope she finishes it up)

denine
Feb 5th, 2006, 04:25 AM
What is her next tournament?
i think its qatar.

iine:
Feb 5th, 2006, 08:55 AM
I really miss Nastya. I haven't seen her play since the USO against Lena L.:sad:I hope, I'll get the chance to see her at Qatar! ;)

Bubba08
Feb 5th, 2006, 10:26 AM
The next weeks will be boring :yawn:

selyoink
Feb 5th, 2006, 04:36 PM
I just hope when she returns to play we will find out she cut her hair. It is getting way too long for my liking.

iine:
Feb 5th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I just hope when she returns to play we will find out she cut her hair. It is getting way too long for my liking.
Yeah, I also think so. She needs a new haircut. ;)

Spunky83
Feb 5th, 2006, 09:28 PM
http://www.voote.com/jsp/VoteServerPage.jsp?TransID=RVOTES01&VoteID=126

Hmmm...look at that. Take a closer look on the demographics, seems like females like Nastya more than Maria and especially Europeans whereas males prefer Maria and especially Americans. lol

frenchie
Feb 5th, 2006, 10:21 PM
http://www.voote.com/jsp/VoteServerPage.jsp?TransID=RVOTES01&VoteID=126

Hmmm...look at that. Take a closer look on the demographics, seems like females like Nastya more than Maria and especially Europeans whereas males prefer Maria and especially Americans. lol

very interesting stats ;)
I'm not surprised by the results. Maria is more the kind of girl you can see on MTV clips all day long whereas Nastya's beauty is less conventionnal :)
:hearts:

fleur137
Feb 6th, 2006, 07:34 AM
i dunno but somehow i have the hunch that when nastya's hair was short, she was playing better..........................

cindy
Feb 6th, 2006, 10:30 AM
am I the only one who looooooove her hair like that????!!!!!!
btw fleur137 I agree wjth you....looks like she is playing better when they are short (unfortunatly)...

noursette
Feb 6th, 2006, 11:28 AM
am I the only one who looooooove her hair like that????!!!!!!

I'd said it to you lol ;) ;)

_LuCaS_
Feb 6th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Love the av ;)

Number19
Feb 6th, 2006, 08:48 PM

*shakes head disappointingly; thinks about how good Nastya looks with looks with long hair* :drool:

Spunky83
Feb 7th, 2006, 12:23 AM
lol...Thereīs a girl in our production team at work who looks exactly (and I am not exaggerating) like Nastya. Two/three years younger looking but everything else is basically the same. That was really scary :lol:

With long hair btw;)

I think I have come to terms with the hair cut, itīs not that bad. And I donīt think her losing has anything to do with hair.

angiee3
Feb 7th, 2006, 12:34 AM
well she looks great with short hair.. and the way she has it now...
but i think really long hair (like she used to have it) fits her....

selyoink
Feb 7th, 2006, 05:01 AM
lol...Thereīs a girl in our production team at work who looks exactly (and I am not exaggerating) like Nastya. Two/three years younger looking but everything else is basically the same. That was really scary :lol:

With long hair btw;)

I think I have come to terms with the hair cut, itīs not that bad. And I donīt think her losing has anything to do with hair.

One time I was driving to the grocery store and was at a stoplight. I looked over at the next car and the driver looked exactly liked Nastya. Right down to the haircut and facial features. It was astounding.

Her hair wasn't bad last year but not she has just let it get completely out of control. She needs to start catering to my needs more.

Foot's Fingers
Feb 7th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Thnks to azmad 88 :) who agree with posting me this one here.

Here the link to amazing to watch on point of Myskina-dementieva match in Zurich 2005:
http://www.youtube.com/w/dementieva-vs-myskina?v=EH7GRCZFRV8&search=dementieva

Nastya :devil: wow, i like when she is a little bit crazy and angry :)

iine:
Feb 7th, 2006, 08:15 AM

With long hair btw;)

Yeah, I have a classmate who exactly looks like Nastya. Just that she has brwon hair. Zum verwechseln ähnlich!;)

denine
Feb 7th, 2006, 10:43 AM

Here the link to amazing to watch on point of Myskina-dementieva match in Zurich 2005:

Love it when she throws her rackets. :rolls:

miffedmax
Feb 7th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Last year, Elliot (my kid) went to band camp--I asked him how it was after the first day and his answer was "There's this sax player from Germany who looks exactly like Myskina!" (And the kid did look like Nastya).

How can a vampire have so many doppelgangers? It's a mystery!

cerbero
Feb 7th, 2006, 05:15 PM
You people are seeing Myskina everywhere... :cuckoo: :lol:

iine:
Feb 7th, 2006, 05:20 PM
You people are seeing Myskina everywhere... :cuckoo: :lol:
Yeah, we have persecution complexes! :lol:

Bubba08
Feb 7th, 2006, 06:10 PM
According to the website of the WTA, Nastya is scheduled for playing in Dubaï. I thought that Doha would be her next tournament. :shrug:

selyoink
Feb 7th, 2006, 06:21 PM

Great point. I love when players slam their rackets. Nastya really liked pissed there.

Spunky83
Feb 7th, 2006, 07:19 PM
According to the website of the WTA, Nastya is scheduled for playing in Dubaï. I thought that Doha would be her next tournament. :shrug:

Interesting, thanks for the news...that would be more than a month of tourneys non-stop

Bubba08
Feb 7th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Interesting, thanks for the news...that would be more than a month of tourneys non-stop
Maybe she will skip Miami :eek:

martirogi
Feb 7th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Maybe she will skip Miami :eek:

:shout: probably :shout:

:mad: :sad: :fiery: :awww: :banghead: :rain: :bigcry: :hysteric: :sobbing: :crying2: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

selyoink
Feb 7th, 2006, 10:03 PM
She better not skip Miami. It is too big of an event for her to skip. Plus it is mandatory now.

frenchie
Feb 7th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Waou!! :eek:
If Nastya plays Dubai, that's 4 tournies in a row (2 of them are 2 weeks)
That's a good decision for her ranking but will she be OK fitnesswise?

Wonder what her clay schedule will be? :confused:

martirogi
Feb 7th, 2006, 11:39 PM
well even if she makes the final of indian wells on sunday her first match in miami wouldnt be until friday or saturday. that's not so bad. same for between doha and indian wells.

Spunky83
Feb 8th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Waou!! :eek:
If Nastya plays Dubai, that's 4 tournies in a row (2 of them are 2 weeks)
That's a good decision for her ranking but will she be OK fitnesswise?

Wonder what her clay schedule will be? :confused:

Iīd like to see her skipping the American green clay courts concerning that matter ;) ..although I looove the Amelia Island Center Court :hearts:

martirogi
Feb 8th, 2006, 03:18 AM
yeah she should skip the green and take a rest. :zzz:

selyoink
Feb 8th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Iīd like to see her skipping the American green clay courts concerning that matter ;) ..although I looove the Amelia Island Center Court :hearts:

I'd prefer she play either Amelia Island or Charleston just b/c ESPN usually has coverage of those two events. It would be one of the few chances to see Nastya if she were to do well. Not that she ever does well on clay with one giant exception.

fleur137
Feb 8th, 2006, 06:49 AM

hey where on the site did you read that?

Bubba08
Feb 8th, 2006, 08:32 AM
hey where on the site did you read that?
Here--->http://www.wtatour.com/media/
You can see the upcoming schedules of the top 15 players.

goldenlox
Feb 8th, 2006, 03:30 PM
You can't skip Miami anymore. They will fine you and give you zero points.

martirogi
Feb 8th, 2006, 08:12 PM
the problem is that the top players dont care that much about fines and most of them don't play 17 tournaments anyway. (the 0 counts for one of the 17 tournies in their ranking) so really it wouldnt be that bad to skip it.

_LuCaS_
Feb 8th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Hopefully she will play Miami though

martirogi
Feb 8th, 2006, 10:22 PM
yes, hopefully. :mad:

fleur137
Feb 9th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Here--->http://www.wtatour.com/media/
You can see the upcoming schedules of the top 15 players.
cool thankies! but hmmm is she on the entry lists for dubai?

Josh810
Feb 9th, 2006, 05:41 AM
It would be one of the few chances to see Nastya if she were to do well. Not that she ever does well on clay with one giant exception.
lol seriously. When you just think about it, how in the hell did she win RG of all things? Weirdest career ever. :lol:

goldenlox
Feb 9th, 2006, 04:58 PM
lol seriously. When you just think about it, how in the hell did she win RG of all things? Weirdest career ever. :lol:She also won 2 Tier I Kremlin Cups.
When Nastya plays well, she can beat anyone.

iine:
Feb 9th, 2006, 06:05 PM
She also won 2 Tier I Kremlin Cups.
...and it doesn't matter on which surface she plays on.;)

Almalyk
Feb 9th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Nadia had this to say about the Russian Tennis Media:

What about the attention of Russian media? Is it something Russian players tend to compete for?
No, I think Dementieva and Myskina have always been more in the picture than the others anyway. I, for one, grew up and spent most of my life outside of Russia, so I'm not in the spotlight when it come to the Russian media. And it's the same with Sharapova. But that's just the way it is, once again, there's no personal feelings, there's no jealousy.

Josh810
Feb 9th, 2006, 09:27 PM
She also won 2 Tier I Kremlin Cups.
Good point. I don't think surface matters either. It's all in her form. If she goes into each match with confidence and playing on form , there's no limit to her success.

frenchie
Feb 9th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Today I was watching Paris OGDF and I saw Cindy on TV several times!!!
She was cheering every russian girl of the tourny. It was very funny

Almalyk
Feb 9th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Good point. I don't think surface matters either. It's all in her form. If she goes into each match with confidence and playing on form , there's no limit to her success.

Everythign with Nastya depends how much her brain is functioning on the day. She should make sure she gets out of bed on the right side everyday. :hearts:

Almalyk
Feb 10th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Lena D's boyfriend is playing ice-hockey in the Winter Olympics - it appears Nastya's boyfriend isn't in the team. Perhaps they are in Moscow spending a couple of weeks together :)

selyoink
Feb 10th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Have to make sure there is at least one post in this thread per day. Shame on you all for not talking about Nastya :p

Derek.
Feb 11th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Hopefully she will play Miami though

I saw her last year and I hope this year I will see her again and get her autograph.

cindy
Feb 11th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Today I was watching Paris OGDF and I saw Cindy on TV several times!!!
She was cheering every russian girl of the tourny. It was very funny

;) you know what I don't have voice anymore!!!!
all the russian are so great of course nastya is the one I love the most but lena and petrova are just so great too
and they are plying while nastya is certainly sleeping! :lol:

martirogi
Feb 11th, 2006, 02:21 AM
I saw her last year and I hope this year I will see her again and get her autograph.

weird. i go to miami too. last year i got her autograph :p

i will for sure be at all the matches she plays while i'm there. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Derek.
Feb 11th, 2006, 03:42 AM
weird. i go to miami too. last year i got her autograph :p

i will for sure be at all the matches she plays while i'm there. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I saw her practice with Momo, but I never got her autograph. :sad:

angiee3
Feb 11th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Are there usually a lot of people watching her practice?

selyoink
Feb 13th, 2006, 01:02 AM
So another pretty slow day. Nastya will be in action soon enough to get us all excited again.

Almalyk
Feb 13th, 2006, 01:12 AM
So another pretty slow day. Nastya will be in action soon enough to get us all excited again.

Or ready to give us all heart attacks again!

Lets make a bet when Nastya can return to top 10 - when do you think? I'm sure she will, I just want Venus to lose points. I say after RG.

_LuCaS_
Feb 13th, 2006, 09:46 AM
She's aprox. 250 pts away from the top 10. And she has nothing to defend until Wimbledon. What can you ask more?

martirogi
Feb 13th, 2006, 12:38 PM
well it's not exactly nothing, it's 264 points. which gives her ALOT of room to improve.

antwerp- 88
dubai- 49
doha- 1
miami- 48
amelia island- 25
charleston- 1
berlin- 1
roland garros- 2
eastbourne- 49

selyoink
Feb 13th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I think she can catch Venus by the summer for sure. I don't see Venus defending Wimbledon or even getting close to doing so, which would give Nastya a good boost.

Almalyk
Feb 13th, 2006, 07:43 PM
I think she can catch Venus by the summer for sure. I don't see Venus defending Wimbledon or even getting close to doing so, which would give Nastya a good boost.

Yes - now until Wimby - Nastya can push her points up quite a lot! Lets hope she does this! I see both Venus and Serena out of top 20 after Wimbledon.

Spunky83
Feb 13th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Not sure if you guys have checked a-m.com but Ola got the news from Nastyaīs official website that she will play Dubai, Doha, Indian Wells AND Miami next

_LuCaS_
Feb 13th, 2006, 07:54 PM
That's great news in terms of ranking.

martirogi
Feb 13th, 2006, 08:10 PM
she better not withdraw from miami or i'll have to punch cutie j in the face. hopefully she loses early at indian wells. :devil:

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 13th, 2006, 08:48 PM
confirmed
Nastya is playing Dubai

she's now on the entry list :yeah:
bad news she replaced Anna Chakvetadze :sad: :( :(

_LuCaS_
Feb 13th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Was about time, TBE ;)

Almalyk
Feb 14th, 2006, 12:44 AM
confirmed
Nastya is playing Dubai

she's now on the entry list :yeah:
bad news she replaced Anna Chakvetadze :sad: :( :(

Excellent news! Thanks TBE.

selyoink
Feb 14th, 2006, 03:41 AM
I hope she can take a title in either Dubai or Doha. I don't think she has much of a chance at Indian Wells or Miami. I don't think she is ready to win tournaments that big quite yet.

fleur137
Feb 14th, 2006, 04:44 AM
I hope she can take a title in either Dubai or Doha. I don't think she has much of a chance at Indian Wells or Miami. I don't think she is ready to win tournaments that big quite yet.

yeah hopefully. doha's been good for her before so who knows?

denine
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:58 AM
wow. that's ALOT of tournaments in a row.hope she has the stamina to last. :unsure:

Bubba08
Feb 14th, 2006, 12:27 PM
wow. that's ALOT of tournaments in a row.hope she has the stamina to last. :unsure:
Sure she has, but I predict that she will have at least one bad loss against a player she should have beaten on a "regular day", four tournaments it's definitively too much. Anyways, it should be interesting, and it will show what kind of realistic expectation she could have for this season.
Good luck Nastya :bounce:

miffedmax
Feb 14th, 2006, 03:21 PM
You know how all those financial ads have the little disclaimer about "past performance is no guarantee of future performance?"

I think Nasty needs that tatooed on her forehead. Too many tournaments? Too few? Good chance of winning? No chance of winning?

It's Nasty! Who knows?

goldenlox
Feb 14th, 2006, 03:28 PM
That's a lot of tennis, but I agree with playing IW. Nastya sometimes avoids California.

Almalyk
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Perhaps since Nastya isn't playing Fed Cup in 2006, she has added 3 more weeks or tournaments to her schedule. These 4 consecutive tournaments could mean close to a month of straight tennis (if she plays well). It could mean a return to the top 10 - it could also mean a very tired Nastya... Like everything Nastya related, you can't predict. You just wait.

martirogi
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:07 PM
6 weeks of tennis :smash: she is going to be falling apart by the end.

Almalyk
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:55 PM
6 weeks of tennis :smash: she is going to be falling apart by the end.

I love your new meaningful sig Martirogi - who said it?

martirogi
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I love your new meaningful sig Martirogi - who said it?

:worship: :worship: :worship: AYN RAND :worship: :worship: :worship:

martirogi
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:03 PM
here are my other favoties:

I have come here to say that I do not recognize anyone's right to one minute of my life....It had to be said. The world is perishishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing

Since time immemorial and pre-industrial, 'greed' has been the accusation hurled at the rich by the concrete-bound illiterates who were unable to conceive of the source of wealth or of the motivation of those who produce it

I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

angiee3
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:33 PM
nice quotes.....

well i just came by to wish everybody a...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Almalyk
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:47 PM
nice quotes.....

well i just came by to wish everybody a...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Happy Valentine's Day for you too! It's already passed by 11 hours in NZ, so I am late to wish everyone romance!

martirogi
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Happy Valentine's Day for you too! It's already passed by 11 hours in NZ, so I am late to wish everyone romance!

romance to you too

_LuCaS_
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:59 PM
here are my other favoties:

I have come here to say that I do not recognize anyone's right to one minute of my life....It had to be said. The world is perishishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing

Since time immemorial and pre-industrial, 'greed' has been the accusation hurled at the rich by the concrete-bound illiterates who were unable to conceive of the source of wealth or of the motivation of those who produce it

I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
Oh dear :zzz:
But the one in your sig made me dizzy, not being a native English that is.

Anyway, regarding too many toruneys in a row. There's always the possibility to lose early and gain lots of days to rest between :(

Almalyk
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Oh dear :zzz:
But the one in your sig made me dizzy, not being a native English that is.

Anyway, regarding too many toruneys in a row. There's always the possibility to lose early and gain lots of days to rest between :(

Beginning next week, Nastya has only 127 points to defend until the Grass Court Season! Surely she couldn't do worse than last year! Perhaps she will pull-out of one of the tournamewnts if she does well. Call me an optimist but i'm hoping for some decent SF's at least :hearts:

selyoink
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Beginning next week, Nastya has only 127 points to defend until the Grass Court Season! Surely she couldn't do worse than last year! Perhaps she will pull-out of one of the tournamewnts if she does well. Call me an optimist but i'm hoping for some decent SF's at least :hearts:

Now watch her go and lose in her first match of all 4 tournaments. If that happens I will officially begin my search for a new favorite player. :p

martirogi
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Now watch her go and lose in her first match of all 4 tournaments. If that happens I will officially begin my search for a new favorite player. :p

luckily tati's performance last week delayed our search for a new second favorite player. :lol:

Almalyk
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:50 PM

I just don't think I could... I still supported Kournikova all her last 2 years when she did nothing decent - I'd never say goodbye to Nastya, but at least all my other fav's are newish players - Erakovic, Azarenka and Ivanovic. Hingis too of course! So at least some of the new one's will provide me with great news at some time! :hearts:

As for Davenport, i'll be so happy when she retires. :fiery:

Almalyk
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:51 PM
luckily tati's performance last week delayed our search for a new second favorite player. :lol:

I've still never seen Tati play :eek: :(

fleur137
Feb 15th, 2006, 05:13 AM
lol nor have i. love your av by the way!
and nastya, please don't burn out...

Almalyk
Feb 15th, 2006, 06:58 AM
lol nor have i. love your av by the way!
and nastya, please don't burn out...

Thanks! Damn TV on our side of the world only showing Grand Slam tennis, cricket (which I don't mind) and rugby and rugby league :mad:

fleur137
Feb 15th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Thanks! Damn TV on our side of the world only showing Grand Slam tennis, cricket (which I don't mind) and rugby and rugby league :mad:

i know eh! it so sucks! i like how they show the cricket too! lol i'm a big fan but i just hate how they're not showing FO now....Channel 7 in Aus usually shows it but it hasn't for the past 2 years and it's annoying we don't have much clay action here :mad:

_LuCaS_
Feb 15th, 2006, 09:42 AM
It's not like you lost something precious :lol:
k/d guys, don't :smash: me :p

goldenlox
Feb 15th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Nastya has about 1,300 points. The top players have 3,400.
So her play still needs to improve.

_LuCaS_
Feb 15th, 2006, 04:21 PM
At least we won't get bored like other fanbases (Clijsters, Davenport, etc)

selyoink
Feb 15th, 2006, 04:31 PM

Yeah I know. If Tati was still sucking the joint up I would have to totally revamp my favorite players list. :lol:

goldenlox
Feb 15th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I'm really not concerned about how Nastya plays in these Tier II's.
I want her healthy and ready for RG, where she can show 2004 was for real.
At least make the quarters.

Almalyk
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:06 PM
I'm really not concerned about how Nastya plays in these Tier II's.
I want her healthy and ready for RG, where she can show 2004 was for real.
At least make the quarters.

Nastya must have the most strange record of anyone who has won a particular slam. At RG, she wins 7 matches in a row in 2004 to take the title, beating 5 players who featured in the top 10 within a year - Molik, Kuznetsova, Venus, Capriati, Dementieva. But in her 4 other attempts at RG, she has won only one match :kiss:

I want at least a QF too! :hearts:

fleur137
Feb 15th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Nastya must have the most strange record of anyone who has won a particular slam. At RG, she wins 7 matches in a row in 2004 to take the title, beating 5 players who featured in the top 10 within a year - Molik, Kuznetsova, Venus, Capriati, Dementieva. But in her 4 other attempts at RG, she has won only one match :kiss:

I want at least a QF too! :hearts:
it's so weird!! i think she was playing better in 2004. but rg was so weird that year. sometimes she was pushed like hell (molik and kuzzy) and at other times she was handed the match.

selyoink
Feb 15th, 2006, 10:18 PM
I'm sick of Nastya only making the quarters at slams. I want a semi-final appearance this year.

Almalyk
Feb 15th, 2006, 10:26 PM
I'm sick of Nastya only making the quarters at slams. I want a semi-final appearance this year.

AGREE. She has had 5 QF appearances, 2 AO, 1 FO, 1 W, 1 USO, and only once did she go further.

_LuCaS_
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:39 AM
I don't think we can ever see Nastya making a SF in a Slam because if she passes the QF then she's very dangerous :devil:

~|Naomi|~
Feb 16th, 2006, 11:22 AM
At least we won't get bored like other fanbases (Clijsters, Davenport, etc)

We (Kim fans) don't get bored:)

Bubba08
Feb 16th, 2006, 12:16 PM
We (Kim fans) don't get bored:)
:boxing: We want to see some blood! :lol:

frenchie
Feb 16th, 2006, 12:25 PM
You sound really negative out there!!!!
Am I the only one who see Nastya returning to the top or what?????

iine:
Feb 16th, 2006, 03:42 PM
I'm with you!..Nastya will do it!:rocker2:

goldenlox
Feb 16th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Doha poster
http://www.qatartennis.org/qatartotalopen/images/poster.jpg

goldenlox
Feb 16th, 2006, 05:30 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/photogallery/whirlpool%20ad%20shoot/f_25.jpg http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gif

Melbourne, Australia: Anastasia Myskina entertains Amelie Mauresmo while she gets her hair curled for the Whirlpool advertising campaign.

selyoink
Feb 16th, 2006, 07:22 PM

I honestly don't see her returning to her 2004 form. I hope it happens but I'm not optimistic. But then I rarely am.

cindy
Feb 16th, 2006, 07:22 PM

i am with you too frenchie!!!!! je dirais meme plus...I still believe that she can win another GS! davai nastya!! :bounce:

martirogi
Feb 16th, 2006, 07:33 PM
she'll never be top 5 again. probably just 7-9 for a couple years. :sad:

Bubba08
Feb 16th, 2006, 07:47 PM
If Momo, Pierce, the Belgians, the WS, Davenport and Sharapova are injured, she has a good chance :devil: :tape:

Almalyk
Feb 16th, 2006, 08:03 PM

I hope your wrong :( I won't make a prediction, but with Nastya you can never be sure of anything. I wouldn't stay she will never return to Top 5, nor would I say she will never win another slam. Did anyone think she would win a slam in 2004, with her horrendous form on clay?

selyoink
Feb 16th, 2006, 08:06 PM
I hope your wrong :( I won't make a prediction, but with Nastya you can never be sure of anything. I wouldn't stay she will never return to Top 5, nor would I say she will never win another slam. Did anyone think she would win a slam in 2004, with her horrendous form on clay?

While I think she could maybe get back to the top 5 I've pretty much given up on all hope of her winning another slam. Maybe she will give me some hope after her upcoming stretch of tournaments.

Almalyk
Feb 16th, 2006, 08:34 PM
While I think she could maybe get back to the top 5 I've pretty much given up on all hope of her winning another slam. Maybe she will give me some hope after her upcoming stretch of tournaments.

With Nastya I don't rely on hope. At RG 2004, all I hoped was that she would beat Molik - I thought of nothing more. If someone had predicted that she win RG before the tournament started, I probably would have pissed my pants with laughter.

I kind of like Nastya's ability to surprise you. Sometimes (not that often) it makes up for her ability to horrify you with a result.

frenchie
Feb 16th, 2006, 10:35 PM
I don't think she'll win another GS in the near future!!!
But I'm sure she'll come back to the top5, maybe this year....

Almalyk
Feb 16th, 2006, 10:44 PM
What slam would everybody want Nastya to win if the could only chose for her to win one more in her career?

I'd have to say Wimby - although I think that Wimby and USO are least likely. I like the prestige.

For a Nastya win, I rank the slams:
Wimby
FO (Only 2nd because she already has it)
AO
USO

angiee3
Feb 16th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Well i think anything is possible with Nastya.....
and if she has good results in the upcoming tournaments she will soon
not only be in the top 10 but in the top 5...
and i rather think that she will win at least another grand slam and think that
she will not win anymore at all...

angiee3
Feb 16th, 2006, 10:47 PM
well i think wimby would be a good one...

Almalyk
Feb 16th, 2006, 10:55 PM
well i think wimby would be a good one...

Wimby, Strawberries and Cream, and Nastya winning... hmmmmm... sweet dreams :D

angiee3
Feb 17th, 2006, 03:04 AM
very sweet.... :D

selyoink
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Hmm, good question. Not the AO. It seems to be the least regarded of the slams. I guess I would go with Wimbledon because it has the most tradition. Although if she won the US Open maybe ESPN would show her a little more. Not likely though.

Almalyk
Feb 17th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Hmm, good question. Not the AO. It seems to be the least regarded of the slams. I guess I would go with Wimbledon because it has the most tradition. Although if she won the US Open maybe ESPN would show her a little more. Not likely though.
It's interesting to compare how the slams are regarded in different countries I guess. I would say Wimby and the French are the most highly regarded, but also the AO in both NZ and Australia because it is the Slam of Australasia/Pacific. US Open is least respected.

Langers
Feb 17th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Least regarded by who exactly? Americans, the world, the players, who are you referring to? Because it’s a fact that the majority of the players consider the Australian Open to be the best Grand Slam, due to many reasons. The weather, the closeness of the hotels, the atmosphere, everything. And we keep getting record attendances; with thousands of tourists coming each day. Least regarded of the Slams, I highly doubt that....

fleur137
Feb 17th, 2006, 12:53 PM
To me, Wimbly is the most regarded one with all its prestige and history. The other 3 are all on the same level imo. i suppose one's opinion depends on where you come from but really, AO, FO or USO aren't easy to win and none of them should be treated with less respect. well that's my take on it :)

~|Naomi|~
Feb 17th, 2006, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't say any of the slams are the least regarded. To win a slam is very very difficult. Some have more history and tradition behind them but they are all prestigious. Anastasia can win any one I don't mind;)

goldenlox
Feb 17th, 2006, 03:33 PM
http://myskina.lawntennisnews.com/

selyoink
Feb 17th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Least regarded by who exactly? Americans, the world, the players, who are you referring to? Because it’s a fact that the majority of the players consider the Australian Open to be the best Grand Slam, due to many reasons. The weather, the closeness of the hotels, the atmosphere, everything. And we keep getting record attendances; with thousands of tourists coming each day. Least regarded of the Slams, I highly doubt that....

I don't think it is the least regarded by players but I have heard announcers say that there was a time when a lot of the top players didn't go to the AO. It just seems to have the least amount of tradition. I am always hearing people in the media calling it the 4th slam. At least that is what seems like from the American media coverage. I'm not trying to diss the AO in any way. I very much enjoy watching it. Would hate to be there in person though. Can't handle that kind of heat. Just makes me miserable.

miffedmax
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:05 PM

All true, but the AO is still dogged by its history--at one point in the '80s and early '90s (I think it was the '80s, I'm doing this off the top of my head and could be off) there were so many players skipping it because of the timing and the distance that there was talk in some circles of needing to create another Slam based in Europe or North America to replace it. And the prize money wasn't very competitive either, compared to the other majors.

Not to offend my Australian friends, but when they redid the schedule there was a reason it and not one of the other slams had to give up its traditional time and move.

I would say that the decision to move it (which I admit I pissed and moaned about) was in fact the correct one, as well as positioning it as the Slam for the Pacific Rim (which worked out well with the rise of so many Asian players, initially from Japan but now from China, Thailand, India, etc.)

Right now I would say due to this legacy it's still somewhat less highly regarded than the other slams, at least by older fans and the media. But if the USO doesn't do something about empty seats and poor media coverage, it won't be long until ours is the least prestigous slam.

fleur137
Feb 17th, 2006, 08:34 PM
I wouldn't say any of the slams are the least regarded. To win a slam is very very difficult. Some have more history and tradition behind them but they are all prestigious. Anastasia can win any one I don't mind;)
well said!!

Spunky83
Feb 17th, 2006, 08:48 PM
I think if you asked Nastya, the importance of the USO is ranked far behind the other three.

miffedmax
Feb 17th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Fine with me. I want Lena to win that one anyway. :nerner:

Of course, what I really want is for them to play the next 12-16 major finals in a row (and if Lena goes 7-9 like she is lifetime over those 16, I'll be fine with that, too).

While we're at it, of course, I'd also like a Lotus Elise and $1 billion. And Uma Thurman.

Almalyk
Feb 17th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I think if you asked Nastya, the importance of the USO is ranked far behind the other three.

This is what I was getting at... I'm sure she still wouldn't mind winning it though.

fleur137
Feb 18th, 2006, 01:58 AM
yeah but that was what FO was like too before she won it. don't think stats matter with nastya. she's too unpredictable

Derek.
Feb 18th, 2006, 04:28 AM
I'd love to see her win Wimbledon or win Roland Garros again. :) Really, I'd love to see her win any slam. :p

fleur137
Feb 18th, 2006, 05:01 AM
I'd love to see her win Wimbledon or win Roland Garros again. :) Really, I'd love to see her win any slam. :p
Me too. any slam would be fine to prove ppl wrong

goldenlox
Feb 18th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Nastya plays Zheng. Then Hingis or Mirza.

Bubba08
Feb 18th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Nastya plays Zheng. Then Hingis or Mirza.
Oh Gosh, what a cruel world. :awww:

goldenlox
Feb 18th, 2006, 04:44 PM
If she can win those 2 matches, she plays Sharapova.

Bubba08
Feb 18th, 2006, 05:03 PM
If she can win those 2 matches, she plays Sharapova.
We shouldn't look too far in the draw, if she could get rid of Zheng first, and then of Hingis (Mirza shouldn't be a problem for Martina), it would be great. :cool:

goldenlox
Feb 18th, 2006, 05:09 PM
I know. Each round is tough. Hingis could be very tough.
But if Nastya is going to get back into the tennis elite, she needs to win these kinds of matches.

miffedmax
Feb 18th, 2006, 05:18 PM
I hope Nasty demolishes Hingis and Masha.

goldenlox
Feb 18th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Anastasia had one of the biggest wins of her career against Hingis.
6-7, 6-4, 6-0 in the 2002 New Haven quarters.
But Hingis probably tired.
Nastya beat Zheng 6-2 7-5 in Doha in 2004. But Nastya was in great form then.

fleur137
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:29 PM
bleh! this draw is absolutely pathetic in terms of easiness for nastya! i just hope she pulls through and gets enough points!

Vass22
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:41 PM
I know. Each round is tough. Hingis could be very tough.
But if Nastya is going to get back into the tennis elite, she needs to win these kinds of matches.
I start to be a firm believer that Nastya will play not more and not less than in the QF, no matter what. She's been in Dubai quarters forever, she can't lose earlier. Can't pierce further as well. fate... ;)

frenchie
Feb 19th, 2006, 12:08 AM
:eek: :eek: OMG

I don't think Zheng will be a problem but in the second round.....
I have faith in Nastya but I hope she won't get embarrassed and humiliated like Sharapova in Tokyo :tape:

selyoink
Feb 19th, 2006, 01:25 AM
I'm actually more worried about Zheng then I am Hingis for some reason. I have a bad feeling that Nastya will lose to Zheng. I really hope she doesn't overlook Zheng in anticpation of her match against Hingis. Plus I wanted Nastya to draw Hingis or Serena. Although Serena seems to have pulled out.

Almalyk
Feb 19th, 2006, 01:57 AM
I'm not too worried about first round, but my two favs playing in the second round :( I hope Nastya gets by Hingis, but at least if she doesn't Hingis will probably play Masha again, and another rout of Masha by Hingis would be :D :D :D

Best of luck Nastya :kiss:

denine
Feb 19th, 2006, 03:23 AM
i'm praying she beats hingis and goes on to thrash sharapova. :devil:

fleur137
Feb 19th, 2006, 06:06 AM
i'm praying she beats hingis and goes on to thrash sharapova. :devil:
hehe high five! nastya to kick shriekarova's butt! (ducks the tomatoes that shriekarova fans here may throw at me)

Almalyk
Feb 19th, 2006, 06:12 AM
hehe high five! nastya to kick shriekarova's butt! (ducks the tomatoes that shriekarova fans here may throw at me)

Hopefully you will be safe of little red tomatoes. I don't know too many people who are huge fans of both Nastya and Masha though....

selyoink
Feb 19th, 2006, 07:44 AM
How long have you been a Nastya fan almalyk? I was looking back in this thread at the time of RG 2004 and saw that you were posting in here. Was she your favorite player then?

Almalyk
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:01 AM
How long have you been a Nastya fan almalyk? I was looking back in this thread at the time of RG 2004 and saw that you were posting in here. Was she your favorite player then?

I have been a Nastya fan since she AO QF 2003! And she has been my fav ever since! I have been posting on this board since around then too.. But I used to lurk more and not post often (Lucas forced me out of obscurity). Maybe i'm one of the old timer Nastya fans, but I don't have many posts compared with some ;) :lol:

selyoink
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:07 AM
I have been a Nastya fan since she AO QF 2003! And she has been my fav ever since! I have been posting on this board since around then too.. But I used to lurk more and not post often (Lucas forced me out of obscurity). Maybe i'm one of the old timer Nastya fans, but I don't have many posts compared with some ;) :lol:

I was definitely surprised to see you posting back then. You are the only one of the usual suspects now a days that was posting back then. I'm glad you got to experience her greatest glory. Unfortunately I was just getting back into tennis then and had not established a favorite player yet. Myskina became my favorite player shortly after.

Derek.
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Hopefully you will be safe of little red tomatoes. I don't know too many people who are huge fans of both Nastya and Masha though....

Hi. :p

Almalyk
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:17 AM
I was definitely surprised to see you posting back then. You are the only one of the usual suspects now a days that was posting back then. I'm glad you got to experience her greatest glory. Unfortunately I was just getting back into tennis then and had not established a favorite player yet. Myskina became my favorite player shortly after.

Yes it was great to be part of the cheering team back then! Nothing has come close since, but you can always hope! I still have confidence in Nastya, and I think I will until the day she retires. No other player even comes close to my interest in her. I think I like Hingis only 50% as much as Nastya!

As for all the old posters - I don't know where a lot of them have gone. But I know of at least one, who would consider coming back to wtaworld.com if Nastya achieves a huge victory, or something else monumental. I always wonder what happened to Deckham though - perhaps he became an alcoholic... his training was going well!

Almalyk
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Hi. :p

Yay - i knew someone would prove me wrong pretty quickly :lol:

Derek.
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:23 AM
I predicted Nastya to win RG 2004 before it even started, but I kind of did it out of fanship than actually thinking she'd win. :p

Almalyk
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:27 AM
I predicted Nastya to win RG 2004 before it even started, but I kind of did it out of fanship then actually thinking she'd win. :p

Predict that she will win it again this year please! :hearts:

How on earth did you predict that back then though? Such bad results going into RG... :confused: I think the only thing everyone thought about when we saw the draw was PLEASE PASS MOLIK!!

Derek.
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Predict that she will win it again this year please! :hearts:

How on earth did you predict that back then though? Such bad results going into RG... :confused: I think the only thing everyone thought about when we saw the draw was PLEASE PASS MOLIK!!

I don't know. :lol: I just picked her because she's one of my favorites.

iine:
Feb 19th, 2006, 10:25 AM
:bigwave: I am. :p

frenchie
Feb 19th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Hi, I just checked Nastya's official site in russian!
I don't know if I understand correctly but it seems Nastya is scheduled to play both Amelia island and Charleston :confused:

2 weeks of tennis right after IW and Miami :eek:

then her schedule is:

Berlin
Rome
RG
Eastbourne
Wimby
Sandiego
Stockholm :rolleyes:
Montreal
New haven
USO
Kolkota
Stuttgart
Moscow
Zurich
Linz
YEC (good choice ;) )

24 tournies in 2006 :tape:

Bubba08
Feb 19th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Na there should have a mistake. Even if it is her real calendar, she will probably pull out of some of them. :p

frenchie
Feb 19th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Nastya is scheduled to play her first round on monday!
It will be a night match against Zheng!!

BTW Nastya will play in the doubles draw with Maria Kirilenko (such a beautiful team!!!)

Derek.
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Good luck Nastya against Zheng! :worship:

iine:
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Nastya is scheduled to play her first round on monday!
It will be a night match against Zheng!!

BTW Nastya will play in the doubles draw with Maria Kirilenko (such a beautiful team!!!)
Awesome team!:yeah:

selyoink
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:08 PM
If that is her tournament calendar she must be desperate to get in the top 10. She must also really want to win the Stockholm title after last year's disaster in the final.

martirogi
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:17 PM
nastya :hearts: she will obviously beat zheng. but it doesn't matter if she beats hingis or not. if she does its an incredible win, if she doesn't then she gets more rest for her next 5 weeks of tournaments.

martirogi
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:21 PM
funny you guys are talking about nastya's fans on the borad, the other day i accidently clicked the number of replies for this thread an this list came up. it clearly ranks the biggest nastya fans:

goldenlox 2428
Spunky83 1776
Nastyafan 1562
_LuCaS_ 1014
deckham 877
cool_olga 712
Daniel 588
martirogi 508
TheBoiledEgg 414
almalyk 360
cerbero 333
selyoink 318
ys 313
the cat 263
frenchie 236

selyoink
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Wow I'm really low. But I guess I have only been registered for a year. Time for me to start climbing up the ranks. I didn't know you could see the number of times people have posted in a thread.

martirogi
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:33 PM
neither did i. i was like "what the hell did i do now" when a hit something and a window popped up.

selyoink
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I have the third most posts in the Elena Likhovtseva thread. Guess I don't have as much competition in there. Goldenlox is so high in all of the Russian girls threads. He really supports them well.

Bubba08
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:50 PM
I am not even in the top 20 posters , but I have been registered here for about five months. I am a newbie. :p

frenchie
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:56 PM
funny you guys are talking about nastya's fans on the borad, the other day i accidently clicked the number of replies for this thread an this list came up. it clearly ranks the biggest nastya fans:

goldenlox 2428
Spunky83 1776
Nastyafan 1562
_LuCaS_ 1014
deckham 877
cool_olga 712
Daniel 588
martirogi 508
TheBoiledEgg 414
almalyk 360
cerbero 333
selyoink 318
ys 313
the cat 263
frenchie 236

Wow does it mean I'm the worst Nastya fan? :sad:
Let me a few months and I'll climb the ranking (just like Nastya :lol: )

goldenlox
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Add one more for :hearts: me:hearts:

Kirilenko/Myskina v Mirza/Vento-Kabchi
(3)Hantuchova/Sugiyama v Nagyova/Washington

martirogi
Feb 19th, 2006, 06:00 PM
frenchie you're #15. :yeah:

selyoink
Feb 19th, 2006, 06:05 PM

Yes this does mean you are the worst Nastya fan. As we all know the number posts one has on a messageboard is the ultimate test of ones dedication. ;)

sinterklaasje
Feb 19th, 2006, 07:52 PM
I may not be a regular poster, but all my 265 posts are dedicated to Nastya or at least posted in a Nastya-related thread ;)
I guess that makes me a big fan :)

Almalyk
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:01 PM

I like the sound of that!

But I hope Nastya is not playing for 6 tournaments straight... Something has got to give here! :confused:

_LuCaS_
Feb 19th, 2006, 09:44 PM
I have the third most posts in the Elena Likhovtseva thread. Guess I don't have as much competition in there. Goldenlox is so high in all of the Russian girls threads. He really supports them well.
That's how I know lady GL doesn't read careful what others post :lol:
Or am I wrong GL? :unsure: