PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

Spunky83
Jan 19th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Congrats Spunky - welcome to a similar job to mine (although i'm not longer a student but a full time worker :( )

Happy birthday Frenchie!!

If Nastya can hang in there and play well - she has a great draw!

I always hear that thereīs a lack of employees in Australia. What about the media section? I guess you would know that;) Here in Germany itīs pretty much wasteland although the media section is one of the stronger ones. I have always wanted to visit Australia :cool:

Spunky83
Jan 19th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Momo needs to get passed Misa first... I can see Misa beating her. Though I don't know what to expect of that match.

Hope she won't have respiratory problems again :unsure:

At the moment thereīs a 60 degrees difference between Moscow and Melbourne, I think thatīs really scary :eek: I canīt believe that itīs -28 degrees there! I already complain about 4 degrees!

I also think thereīs a chance that Misa can beat Momo. I am pretty sure that Nastya canīt but it doesnīt seem like Momo is playing that well. Wouldnīt be bad (sorry Momo).

Meeek
Jan 19th, 2006, 09:24 PM
At the moment thereīs a 60 degrees difference between Moscow and Melbourne, I think thatīs really scary :eek: I canīt believe that itīs -28 degrees there! I already complain about 4 degrees!

It's insane isn't it? :eek:

I also think thereīs a chance that Misa can beat Momo. I am pretty sure that Nastya canīt but it doesnīt seem like Momo is playing that well. Wouldnīt be bad (sorry Momo).

Yeah...maybe Nastya has a better chance against Misa than she would against Momo. :shrug:

Spunky83
Jan 19th, 2006, 09:31 PM
It's insane isn't it? :eek:

Yeah...maybe Nastya has a better chance against Misa than she would against Momo. :shrug:

Actually I just caught it on the news and the German tv team let a guy pour water over a playground slide and the liquid immediately turned into ice and couldnīt even flow down the slide...crazy.

I think Nastya has a better chance against anyone but Momo (Kim Clijsters comes in as a close second).

Meeek
Jan 19th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Actually I just caught it on the news and the German tv team let a guy pour water over a playground slide and the liquid immediately turned into ice and couldnīt even flow down the slide...crazy.

I think Nastya has a better chance against anyone but Momo (Kim Clijsters comes in as a close second).

Holy moses, that really is insane...

Nastya is the only one I'd actually be happy about, to defeat Misa ;) :lol:

Spunky83
Jan 19th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Vodka turns into ice at approx. - 24 degrees

Moscowīs supposed to have - 42 (!) degrees in the next few days. Brutal!

fleur137
Jan 19th, 2006, 09:42 PM
ok i sound stupid but who's Misa? Vaidisova? lol
anyway, hope nastya goes through to quarters at least to pile on the pts! but she really needs to lift her game imo.

Meeek
Jan 19th, 2006, 09:46 PM
ok i sound stupid but who's Misa? Vaidisova? lol
anyway, hope nastya goes through to quarters at least to pile on the pts! but she really needs to lift her game imo.

Sorry... Misa is Michaella Krajicek.

Spunky83
Jan 19th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Michaella Krajicek

Safina and her share the very same "fate";)

fleur137
Jan 19th, 2006, 09:49 PM
thanks! i looked at a post in GM and finally realised lol.

martirogi
Jan 19th, 2006, 09:59 PM
i think IF nastya makes the qf she'll face vaidisova. and that's certainly a winnable match if she's playing good.

miffedmax
Jan 19th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Neither Nicole's tennis nor her tantrums are anything to rival our dear Nastya.

fleur137
Jan 19th, 2006, 10:22 PM
^well let's hope she makes it! her draw is so easy and yet she makes life so difficult for herself. ah the typical nastya way!

anyway, i was roaming the stat pages at AO a while ago and guess what stat list nastya made into? lol no prizes for guessing right - the DF list: 11dfs from 2 matches lol

Almalyk
Jan 19th, 2006, 10:38 PM
I always hear that thereīs a lack of employees in Australia. What about the media section? I guess you would know that;) Here in Germany itīs pretty much wasteland although the media section is one of the stronger ones. I have always wanted to visit Australia :cool:

I lived in Australia last year, and their is heaps of opportunities for sure! Especially in Melbourne and Sydney! But here in New Zealand there is also a lot of opportunities!! Which particular sector would you like to know about??

And I can't believe it's so cold in Moscow! When I was in Quebec City in 2004, I experienced -48 degrees for one day! It's tough to do anything. Perhaps for once Nastya will be happy she is not in Moscow!

selyoink
Jan 20th, 2006, 03:03 AM
While I do love Nastya's draw lets not underestimate Patty. She has had her best results at the Aussie Open. Semi-finals two years ago and quarters last year. Patty will be a very tough test for Nastya if they both make it that far.

Foot's Fingers
Jan 20th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Nastya's doubles is canceled for today
Wil play tomorrow

Show Court 2 The Last match

Women's Doubles - 2nd Rnd.
Stephanie Foretz (FRA)/
Antonella Serra Zanetti (ITA)
vs. Anastasia Myskina (RUS)[13]/
Dinara Safina (RUS)[13]

Foot's Fingers
Jan 20th, 2006, 10:50 AM
but morning time MCA Start Time 11.00 AM

Women's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Sofia Arvidsson (SWE)
vs. Anastasia Myskina (RUS)[12]

Seems no on Eurosport cos Hingis the same time at RLA

Will follow by scoreboard

again wake up at 2 am

Spunky83
Jan 20th, 2006, 11:32 AM
but morning time MCA Start Time 11.00 AM

Women's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Sofia Arvidsson (SWE)
vs. Anastasia Myskina (RUS)[12]

Seems no on Eurosport cos Hingis the same time at RLA

Will follow by scoreboard

again wake up at 2 am

Maybe Hingis only needs 50 minutes and Nastya will take her time again...and Grosjean vs. Coria is not that interesting, so hopefully weīll get to see at least a few points.

_LuCaS_
Jan 20th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Spunky the weather in Eastern Europe :scared:
We had -20 today and I could barely breathe. I have this problem every winter when it gets "dirty"
But Moscow, fuck. Thank God they invented computers. I'll take food for a week and stay inside ;)

Nastya on MCA. Better than nothing. At least we'll see her, even for a minute or so :D
Imagine Momo and Schnyder losing. Talk about open draw :eek:
But let's send the Swedish girl home first. It's too hot for her here.

Spunky83
Jan 20th, 2006, 11:55 AM
We had -20 today and I could barely breathe. I have this problem every winter when it gets "dirty"
But Moscow, fuck. Thank God they invented computers. I'll take food for a week and stay inside ;)

Nastya on MCA. Better than nothing. At least we'll see her, even for a minute or so :D

-20 degrees? I am already happy that I live in Dusseldorf which is like the "hottest" city during winter, 10 degrees here. Opposed to other cities, I have never seen them selling sledges here cause it just wonīt snow :lol:

I think Arvidsson has only lost like 7 games so far :lol: Thatīs creepy!

She went out in her first AusOpen appearance thanks to Nastya in round one in 2004...if I was her Iīd totally be thrilled to play Nastya, going for a revenge.

denine
Jan 20th, 2006, 12:32 PM
You guys are lucky to have different seasons ;) ...It's always freaking hot here and i'm always sweating my ass out most of the time. :rolleyes: :tape:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 20th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Maybe Hingis only needs 50 minutes and Nastya will take her time again...and Grosjean vs. Coria is not that interesting, so hopefully weīll get to see at least a few points.

Don't know but Erosport likes Grosjean so much
Always on TV :fiery:

so as Euro like drama matches as well and if Nastya will be in mood to entertain all us again and "become boring" in the middle of the match we have a chance to watch her live

Foot's Fingers
Jan 20th, 2006, 12:56 PM

at St Petersburg this week is -30 and cold cold wind and large level of humidity :tape:

Thnks God i am on Cyprus these days (stil in memories what we had at New Year Eve in 2002/03 The same + snow

frenchie
Jan 20th, 2006, 01:40 PM
no hope for me in France to see Nastya
I will have Grosjean from the first to the last point...

noursette
Jan 20th, 2006, 02:31 PM

:mad: :mad:
Moreover, he's going to lose

goldenlox
Jan 20th, 2006, 04:08 PM
In parts of Russia, I think it got to -34c today.
In NYC, it's sunny and 15c

goldenlox
Jan 20th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Myskina Survives the Heat, Jackson

The 12th-seeded Russian beats unseeded American, 7-6 (4), 0-6, 6-3, but not before both require cooling measures. Fifth-seeded Pierce is eliminated.

By Lisa Dillman, Times Staff Writer

MELBOURNE, Australia — Whether it's the first, third or fourth day, conditions are bound to become tricky at the Australian Open.

While today's temperatures, which hit 90 degrees around mid-afternoon, weren't truly horrific, it was the first hint of what will be coming this weekend at the first Grand Slam of the year. The weather is expected to become even warmer, supposedly close to 100 on Sunday.
Coping mechanisms weren't quite in place for all parties. In the third set of their second-round match, both 12th-seeded Anastasia Myskina of Russia and 19-year-old Jamea Jackson needed treatment and cooling measures from the trainers because of the heat.

Myskina, who won, 7-6 (4), 0-6, 6-3, in 2 hours 7 minutes, was especially frightened because she had problems breathing.

"For me, it was pretty bad because I couldn't catch my breath," Myskina said. "I don't know really what happened, if it was because of the sun, or the stress, or maybe all together."

The conditions produced a ragged match — they combined for 16 double faults, 103 unforced errors and 14 service breaks.

Myskina was speaking for a moment in the hallway and quickly returned to the locker room, needing to comfort her countrywoman Dinara Safina, who lost to unheralded Sofia Arvidsson of Sweden in the second round. Arvidsson, who won, 6-4, 6-1, will be Myskina's next opponent.

Jackson had been the only American woman remaining in the lower part of the draw. Still alive in the upper half are No. 1 Lindsay Davenport, No. 13 Serena Williams and Laura Granville.

The biggest upset in the women's event came late in the day: Left-hander Iveta Benesova of the Czech Republic, who had never reached the third round of a Slam, defeated No. 5 Mary Pierce of France, 6-3, 7-5, in the second round. Benesova, a 22-year-old ranked 42nd, rallied from a 3-5 deficit in the second set and hit a successful drop shot on match point.

Bubba08
Jan 20th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah, we are so lucky :retard: :woohoo:

angiee3
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:07 AM
nastya winning
6-3 5-1

angiee3
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:12 AM
she won 6-3 6-1
well done nastya...!

sinterklaasje
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:12 AM
6-3 6-1
well done Nastya
:worship:
:woohoo:

cindy
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:13 AM
well done nastya....now I can go to bed and sleep well for sure!

_LuCaS_
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:14 AM
27-33 these are very good stats :yeah:

frenchie
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:26 AM
I'm pleased with this result!!!
I hope we'll have an interview this time and that her next match(es!!!!) will be broadcasted!

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:27 AM
that was really good today :D :)
did the job quickly and before the real hot part of day sets in.

Nastya :hug: :banana: :D :)

Patty still has to start and its gonna be scorching then :devil:

noursette
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:36 AM
good win Nastya!!
I hope the same score against Patty :) ;)

Spunky83
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:50 AM
Yoaaaaah!!!

Hehe;) She looked so happy after her matchpoint!

Round of 16 and I still have 3 of my faves in the competition...thatīs soooo awesome :eek:

selyoink
Jan 21st, 2006, 05:05 AM
Finally a nice routine win for Nastya. I love seeing those 27 winners. Lets hope this wasn't a one match mirage. Patty will be extremely tough in the next round. It will be Nastya's first test of the year. I am optimistic for once. :)

Almalyk
Jan 21st, 2006, 05:26 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=mel14801210425.australian_open_tennis_m el148&prov=ap

Yahoo images has a photo of Nastya falling to the ground in the third round match! what happened!

Anyway, well done on third round match - a win over Schnyder shows us all your back, and it will be a great start to the year!

selyoink
Jan 21st, 2006, 05:31 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=mel14801210425.australian_open_tennis_m el148&prov=ap

Yahoo images has a photo of Nastya falling to the ground in the third round match! what happened!

Anyway, well done on third round match - a win over Schnyder shows us all your back, and it will be a great start to the year!

I love pictures of Nastya falling down. I don't know why but I just do. She seems to have a knack for falling down as well so I get to see plenty of pictures. My favorite Nastya falling down moment was from Acura in 04 against Sharapova. Nastya was so embarrassed.

Spunky83
Jan 21st, 2006, 09:04 AM

There are actually a lot of players falling. The surface basically melts under the hot sun, so you canīt even slide a bit sometimes. Her fall wasnīt mention anywhere, so I guess it was nothing.

denine
Jan 21st, 2006, 09:47 AM
Great win! :worship:

~|Naomi|~
Jan 21st, 2006, 09:52 AM
Well done Anastasia. Take out Patty I know you can do it.

Some tough doubles match she is in right now with Dina:(

Meeek
Jan 21st, 2006, 09:54 AM
Well done Anastasia. Take out Patty I know you can do it.

Some tough doubles match she is in right now with Dina:(

They lost... :awww:

cindy
Jan 21st, 2006, 11:33 AM
this article "myskina makes her fans sweat with her" is realy good! like it a lot! it's great to read that she is a great player and that she deserves her GS!!!
great to read what we are all thinking too!!!....with her tis always too much hard to know how she will play the next match but this "I can win" sounds pretty good to me
we all know she can do it...davai nastya!!!

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:39 PM
good thing Monday's temps are gonna be alot cooler :D
back to around 23C

Nastya quote after match
"No nothing, no gym, no tennis. Just sleep, eat. I feel great." :lol: :D
Anastasia Myskina on what she did during her month off at the end of last season.

KV
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:44 PM
Yet again Nastya under the last 16 of GS :D

goldenlox
Jan 21st, 2006, 03:11 PM
AUSTRALIAN OPEN: Day 6: Myskina Makes Her Fans Sweat With Her

by Jordan Chong
Saturday, 21 January, 2006

Watching Anastasia Myskina play is like reading a page-turning Michael Crichton thriller. You never know what to expect next, with the talented Russian managing to produce a little bit of everything in her matches.

Consider first her strokeplay. So often brilliantly inventive and mercurial, Myskina can also produce some wildly erratic shots at times, which leave the audience looking on in bewilderment.

Her first three matches at Australian Open 2006, wins over Yuliana Fedak, Jamea Jackson and Sofia Ardvisson, have included a combined 76 winners - many produced with good timing and excellent placement - but also 125 unforced errors, where those qualities momentarily desert her.

The fourth game in the second set against Ardvisson in the third-round also illustrates the point, with the Russian producing consecutive double faults and dumped ground strokes into the bottom of the net but holding serve thanks to a big serve and a couple of clean winners.

But this unpredictability has produced a remarkably consistent level of performance, with Myskina establishing herself as a Top 10 player in 2003 and confirming to the tennis world that she absolutely belonged in that company the following year by capturing the French Open crown.

However, it's not just her play that distinguishes the 174cm right-hander. The 24-year-old is also known for the passionate way she approaches her matches - the wild gestures, the cries of frustration and that all-too-regular search for inspiration from coach Jens Gerlach in her players' box. And her racquets aren't immune from punishment either.

However, despite the heart-on-your-sleeve approach working for her, Myskina - the No.12 seed and a two-time Australian Open quarter-finalist - believes maintaining an even temperament is the key to returning to the Top 10.

"You play bad, you drop. You play good, you go up. If I can fight and be like, I don't know, calm on the court, then I can be top 10 again," Myskina said after the win over Ardvisson.

"I'm not good enough for top 10 right now. Definite. That's why I'm not there."

Undoubtedly her ambitions were set higher for 2005, but at season's end she finished outside the Top 10 after personal problems - her mother was diagnosed with cancer - conspired to disrupt her year.

After her stunning 2004 success at Roland Garros, where she became the first Russian woman to win a Grand Slam title, Myskina then achieved the unwanted distinction of being the first female defending champion in the French Open's history to lose in the opening round the following year.

In numerical terms it wasn't a big fall - No.3 to No.14 - but it was enough to have her drop from the No.1-ranked Russian at the end of 2004 to No.5 behind Maria Sharapova, Nadia Petrova, Elena Dementieva and Svetlana Kuznetsova.

In response, Myskina changed her preparations for 2006, going back home to Moscow for a month-long break from the racquets before beginning practice on December 1. She also spent New Year with her family before landing in Australia one week before the Open.

"I didn't come to Australia really early. I think that helped a lot because I spend lot of time with my family and it gave me lot of energy to play and be here right now," Myskina said.

"Everything is good. I'm happy and I'm really enjoying the time that I spend on the court right now. There was no nothing. No gym. No tennis. I was just sleep, eat, and I felt great."

She says it's great to be in Melbourne again and describes it as a place she has fond memories of.

"I really love Australia and I love Melbourne. Doesn't matter how I play here, I just really enjoy the time that I had here before and right now."

There has been gradual improvement in each of her three matches, with the 6-3 6-1 win over Ardvisson achieved in only 57 minutes, and she believes an improved serve will be important in the second week.

"I really practiced hard on my serve. Even (now it) may be not the best, but I felt my second serve really improved," she said. "If I will play my best, I can play pretty good here ... I can win next match."

Myskina had trouble breathing early in the third set of her second-round win over Jackson and required the assistance of a trainer, but said there were no such problems against Ardvisson.

She meets Patty Schnyder in the fourth-round.

Bubba08
Jan 21st, 2006, 03:35 PM
Too bad that Nastya lost in doubles. Last year she reached the semi-finals with Vera, her doubles's ranking will seriously drop. :sad:
Anyways, all that matter is the singles, good luck against Schnyder , a tough match ahead. :bounce:

selyoink
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:24 AM
I'm glad she lost in doubles. Doesn't need to exert any energy for doubles anymore. Assuming she loses in mixed as well.

denine
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:03 AM
i think she'll lose the mixed..

:topic: Fuck. roddick lost :crying2:

denine
Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:57 AM
She's playing 2nd match vodafone arena.

daniela86
Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:15 PM
Good luck against Patty,Nastya :bigclap: :clap2: I'm optimistic about that match :D You can do it, go Nastya :worship: :worship: :rocker:

martirogi
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:08 PM
please please please dont let the men's match be 5 sets. though i think its a guarntee with who's playing :o

iine:
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:25 PM
I hope Eurosport will the Myskina match. If not then .. :armed: :lol:

Almalyk
Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:17 PM
Good luck today Nastya -it would be great to see you in the QF of the first GS for 2006 - What a great boost for your confidence that would be!

Almalyk
Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:26 PM
http://www.anastasiya-myskina.ru/multimedia/video/ao063r.avi

You can download Anastasia vs Arviddson 3R. This avi file is missing the first 3 games in each set - but the rest is there!

No Name Face
Jan 22nd, 2006, 09:05 PM
hey nastya fans, i'm not the biggest fan of hers i know...but she's my 3rd favorite player and with my other favorites underperforming (LenaD and Serena), I just wanted to come in and show my support for her. i'm for her win 100% and i hope she makes it. she can really do damage if she believes in herself. everyone is writing her off anyway --- but she can win, look at RG 2004 :)

Almalyk
Jan 22nd, 2006, 09:20 PM
hey nastya fans, i'm not the biggest fan of hers i know...but she's my 3rd favorite player and with my other favorites underperforming (LenaD and Serena), I just wanted to come in and show my support for her. i'm for her win 100% and i hope she makes it. she can really do damage if she believes in herself. everyone is writing her off anyway --- but she can win, look at RG 2004 :)

Welcome to the headquarters of Nastya's cheering team :)

Here is a Russian interview with Nastya - I will translate some of it later... However, in the interview she says that no-one can steal her heart more than the one she already has... So Lucas and Martirogi - your out of luck ;)

http://www.ogoniok.com/4928/30/

_LuCaS_
Jan 22nd, 2006, 09:35 PM
cool, I'll download it tomorrow :yeah:
Nothing lasts forever almalyk ;) you never know
Right, I'll get couple hours of sleep before the match so see you here zombies ;)

denine
Jan 22nd, 2006, 10:09 PM
LOL.i'm off to school once again..hopefully, when i come home its good news.:unsure:

Good Luck, guys!!!:yeah:

fleur137
Jan 22nd, 2006, 10:40 PM
somehow i hope they don't show this match on telly because i'm banned from it (wonder why!) COME ON NASTYA!!

Almalyk
Jan 22nd, 2006, 11:07 PM
Some of the important points from the http://www.ogoniok.com/4928/30/ article I posted earlier:

Nastya is quizzed a lot about her earnings and she says that "I have enough money for what I need, but not enough to buy an island" Her parents were very careful with their money when she was young, and that has rubbed off on her now. Most of her earnings are tied up in real estate, and she believes thats a secret of becoming a successful business woman. Occasionally she gets letters from strange people asking for financial help. At the Kremlin Cup, an elderly lady asked her to provide some $ and an intercession from the military for her son!

In the future she has many ideas she wants to think about - including opening a tennis club, a clothing shop...

She says that wining a tournament is great, but it's forgotten soon after, so to be anyone worth remembering you must prove yourself week after week. It's the way the tennis world is, your merits are soon forgotten.

She speaks of someone who greatly betrayed her after her victory in RG in 2004 - but doesn't say who or why as it is too personal to be spoken of. It may be linked to the GQ photo shoot it seems from information at the end of the article.

She speaks about the Tropicana ad and how it was her first real advertising experience! Typical Nastya has to say silly things.. She says that after hitting lots of oranges her racquet has become yellow, and the oranges were so heavy it hurt her arms to hit them! So eventually they cut open the oranges, and filled them up with tennis balls for her! LOL!

She seems annoyed that the decision for her GQ case was made in the US. She felt they did not understand her side of the story well at all. She was agitated by the tactlessness of the photographer, and didn't unserstand enough English at the time.

Almalyk
Jan 23rd, 2006, 02:45 AM
Nastya's match is next up!! Good luck babe! Starting the year with a QF would be awesome! :worship:

frenchie
Jan 23rd, 2006, 02:49 AM
It's 4am here in France and I'm already up!
As Eurosport will show Grosjean/Mathieu, I had to find a live feed. I hope they'll show her match!

fleur137
Jan 23rd, 2006, 02:54 AM
come on nastya!!

fleur137
Jan 23rd, 2006, 02:58 AM
darn! just found out aussie telly aint' showing it...it's davydenko-hrbaty on telly.

frenchie
Jan 23rd, 2006, 03:29 AM
not a good start for Nastya who just lost 6/2 in the first without winning her serve once!
:rolleyes:
But she'll wake up now!!!

sinterklaasje
Jan 23rd, 2006, 03:37 AM
this does not look too good :scared:
6/2 3/0
anybody who can tell me what's happening? I hoped the match would be somewhat closer.

frenchie
Jan 23rd, 2006, 03:41 AM
what a nightmare :eek:
I'd better go back to bed :rolleyes:

this is not even a close match

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 23rd, 2006, 03:57 AM
omg that was a total nightmare
32 UE's for Nastya ( 8 games out of 12)

Nastya :rolleyes:

Almalyk
Jan 23rd, 2006, 04:00 AM
:sad:

sinterklaasje
Jan 23rd, 2006, 04:05 AM
I know Patty is higher ranked, but she could have made it a bit closer :( :rolleyes:
this is one of those matches I want to forget quickly, very quickly.
:banghead:
just one positive note: she had more winners than Patty ;)

_LuCaS_
Jan 23rd, 2006, 04:08 AM
What a mess :crying2:

selyoink
Jan 23rd, 2006, 04:18 AM
When did Nastya decide not to play smart. She seems to just want to hit winners nowadays. Patty let her self-destruct. Nastya's game still has a lot of fixing. She if far from the top of the womens game. She is only tops in the looks department. And while important wins are more important.

Do we know what her next tournament is?

Meeek
Jan 23rd, 2006, 04:56 AM
Yikes... :awww:

martirogi
Jan 23rd, 2006, 05:08 AM
o myskii myskii. the only thing i hope is that her career doesnt go the way of likhovtseva where she's just a top 20 player who can't beat those ranked ahead of her. i dont think i could stand to see her have mediocre years when i know theres more in her. yes it was a bad loss, but i guess like the horrible cliche goes- it just wasn't her day. that excuse will stand for now, but it won't last much longer. she's off to tokyo and maybe the indoors will help, but if she only lives up to her seeding in the next few tournaments it won't be a very good sign about her future.

iine:
Jan 23rd, 2006, 06:28 AM
omg,nastya:sad: .. what an awful match. :sad:

selyoink
Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:31 AM
o myskii myskii. the only thing i hope is that her career doesnt go the way of likhovtseva where she's just a top 20 player who can't beat those ranked ahead of her. i dont think i could stand to see her have mediocre years when i know theres more in her. yes it was a bad loss, but i guess like the horrible cliche goes- it just wasn't her day. that excuse will stand for now, but it won't last much longer. she's off to tokyo and maybe the indoors will help, but if she only lives up to her seeding in the next few tournaments it won't be a very good sign about her future.

I agree with everything you said. I am very much afraid of what the future holds in store for Nastya. I give her mulligan on this loss since it was her first tournament of the year. I won't be as generous in a couple of months.

selyoink
Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:35 AM
Her Aussie Open has come to an end as she lost in mixed doubles 6-2, 6-2.

Foot's Fingers
Jan 23rd, 2006, 08:39 AM
tHE END OF ao 2006 FOR mYSKINA

Bad loss

Can't remember that i see Myskina on TV/live playing worse then today

Nightmare

Foot's Fingers
Jan 23rd, 2006, 08:41 AM
For this moment update top 3 The Worst Myskina's GS losses (IMHO):

1. Myskina lost to Schnyder AO 2006 4 rnd
2. Myskina lost to Mandula RG 2003 2 rnd
3. Myskina lost to Snachez Lorenzo RG 2005 1 rnd

denine
Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:10 AM
What a horrid result. :crying2: Most of my favourites are out already. :mad:

Spunky83
Jan 23rd, 2006, 11:04 AM
Hmmm...that game plan of hers was just plain stupid. She knew that her backhand was pretty much off the longer the match took but still she insisted of playing the backhand although there were a lot of balls she must have had hitten with the forehand which wasnīt that bad at all.

Schnyder hit a lot of sliced backhands on Nastya backhand and instead of slicing back, she tried to keep on hitting two handed which is a miserable thing to do especially when the ball is that low. Thereīs basically no way for her to get that deep with her double handed bh. I donīt even wanna know how many BHs she hit into the net.

She might have had a bad day but it was scary to see that despite the fact that Pattyīs game plan was soooo damn obvious, she wasnīt able or didnīt want to readjust her game. All she did was making the same errors all over again, screaming at her coach and demotivate herself by making a clown out of herself debating over a stupid foot fault at a very crucial point (0-3 in the second set) although she had just played three winners in a row from o-40 down.

Basically sheīs very similar to Andy Roddick in these situations: Either her opponent starts to play worse or she herself finally gets a mental step into the match. However she is never able to change her game plan and this is really getting frustrating.

She has to get rid of Jens or at least find a second coach or part-time coach just in terms of how to prevent demotivation. All in all it wasnīt that bad for a first tourney but still her game hasnīt changed a bit (she might play more on her forehand though).

Thauron
Jan 23rd, 2006, 02:39 PM
When did Nastya decide not to play smart. She seems to just want to hit winners nowadays. Patty let her self-destruct. Nastya's game still has a lot of fixing. She if far from the top of the womens game. She is only tops in the looks department. And while important wins are more important.

How sad it may seem, I agree with Niktosrule and Spunky that this was not just another bad day - I think there is more going on. This AO has been the tournament of the wrong tactics right from the start.
Why does she think it necessary to blast an amazing winner every five strokes? - It's only because her opponents were far weaker and very error-prone themselves that Myskina did survive the first three rounds without bigger problems.

And we have seen this before - I think of AO Dechy 2005, Wimby Jankovic 2005 (where she only survived because her opponent was using the same erroneous tactic, with even less succes. But Jankovic had an excuse, she is an inexperienced youngster) or USO Likhovtseva 2005.

She has to get rid of Jens or at least find a second coach or part-time coach just in terms of how to prevent demotivation. All in all it wasnīt that bad for a first tourney but still her game hasnīt changed a bit (she might play more on her forehand though).

I didn't dare to suggest something like this, for fear of a lifelong ban or public dismemberment, but since our beloved Spunky has suggested this already I can post without fear for bodily harm.
If a player uses bad tactics for a serious amount of time and after several painful defeats and difficult matches, both the player's attitude as well as the coach's judgement should be questioned.
Like Noktosrule said: why is she so obsessed by trying to hit 30 winners in every match, even when it is not possible at all and results only in a mass of UEs? I think it's strange - because it never was Myskina's game in the past - she doesn't need it either - she has some of the best groundstrokes and best movement of them all, so she shouldn't be scared at all by long rallies, although she seems to be (unlike a certain Roddick, who seems to be lost out there every time his serve doesn't deliver him the point immedeately - it was something which struck me when I saw his match against Baghdatis). - Myskina wasn't labelled a 'counterpuncher' for nothing, it is something where she is strong at.

I remember Clijsters saying at the start of her succes - 'Now I have learned to be patient, not trying to hit winners all the time - and that makes me so much stronger.' I think this is a lesson Myskina should try to learn (anew?) but Gerlach doesn't seems to be up to that task.

I don't want to sound too pessimistic, I wouldn't be too disappointed with a defeat against Schnyder in the 4th round, if it was not for the way she was defeated. A 4th round loss in itself is not that bad. 'Tennis is not only about winners, keeping your UEs under control is at least as important - but many players seem to forget that' - another good quote, this time from Clijster's former coach.

[now I will get dismembered anyway, - if not for my attack against the 'cutie', for my comment on Roddick, - won't I? :help: ]

goldenlox
Jan 23rd, 2006, 03:13 PM
The same thing happened to Sveta in Sydney.
To come back and play in this heat is draining, and sometimes you just run out of energy.
And I mean the mental energy to focus, along with physical energy.

miffedmax
Jan 23rd, 2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah, maybe it's because Nasty had a great open compared to my other fave, but I didn't think she did that badly--#12 seed, made to the Rnd of 16, got taken out by the #7 seed. About what I expected, and before the tourney many people here were saying a run to the 1/4s would be a "great start to the season." Well, she just missed it.

For all her tactical errors, and I agree with some of what's been said, she still was hitting a lot of balls just off the lines. Remember, she took a lot of time off this season and I think it fitness (after all the heat) and match sharpness caught up with her. Patty is a much stronger player now than she was even two years ago.

Long-term, I agree Nasty needs to be patient, but that could have been the result of being drained by the heat and out of shape. Maybe working with another coach would help, too.

Finally, I think Patty is like Nasty's other nemesis, Momo--a woman who is bigger and stronger enough to overpower Nasty, yet has a good collection of touch shots as well and can keep AM off balance. Nasty does better against pure power players like Masha and Lena D., because she can throw their rthym off.

Nasty may or may not have another grand slam in her, but she will get some wins this year. And Jens is still a far better coach than Mommy Vera.

Frankly, right now I'm more optimistic about Nasty than Lena D. We'll see.

Spunky83
Jan 23rd, 2006, 05:15 PM
Nasty may or may not have another grand slam in her, but she will get some wins this year. And Jens is still a far better coach than Mommy Vera.

Yet equally cute ;)

No seriously now, everyone knows that Jens is probably one of the most important persons in Nastyaīs life, still - seen objectively - it might be time to experience something new, get new inspiration and I am sure thereīs something in Nastya her current coach hasnīt seen yet and probably never will. Wouldnīt it be a waste and a shame not to explore this? I mean I am in no position at all to talk about this but since I am a rather unbiased fan who likes to criticize her fave players, I really ask myself if Nastya and Jens are still working together for the right reason which is - in the very first place - to improve her game and provide motivation rather than having an "I love and hate you but canīt tell you"-relationship which is definetly not helping in a coach-player relationship. The weird thing is that Nastya probably plays even worse if they ever split (professionally) for having dumped him (this time professionally). A shrink wouldnīt be bad;)

Nastya said last year that she hasnīt thought about the coach-question as she knew that it wasnīt his fault. However I am curious to see what happens if she wonīt have success this year.

selyoink
Jan 23rd, 2006, 06:32 PM
I have also pondered how a coaching change could affect her game. I would be all for it. I don't think getting a new coach could make her game any worse because the strategy she is currently implementing is not one that suits her game. A new coach could enhance her game at this point. That said I think it will take a couple more months of this current rate of play before Nastya were to seriously consider finding a new coach. If it happens I for one will not be upset. Jens has done a great job but he may not have anything left to offer Nastya in terms of improving her game.

miffedmax
Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:35 PM
My humble opinion is that whereas Lena D. needs a sports therapist and a coach, Nastya only needs a sports therapist.

Aside from a weak second serve (which at least makes it over the net), which I'm not sure a coach can do that much with, I think Nasty has a pretty complete game when she's not bored, or mad, or upset or otherwise unfocused. When she is on top of her game, she's a serious Top 10 player as we saw in late '03, all of '04 and late in '05.

The serve is always going to be a problem for a girl with Nastya's slight build, and I'm not sure bulking up is either possible or desirable. But with her quickness and speed, Nasty can win points just by keeping the ball in play.

Of course, I need a pyschologist, too, to find out why I have such an affinity for headcase women (and not just tennis players)!:lol:

_LuCaS_
Jan 23rd, 2006, 08:22 PM
No need to remind you where I stand with the coach thing :tape:

martirogi
Jan 23rd, 2006, 08:37 PM
i dont think myskii will EVER fire jens. no matter what happens. their relationship is a lot bigger than coach/player.

i think it's a good idea for nastya to try and hit a few more winners each match. if she really wants to compete at the top she'll have to be more than a counterpuncher. if she can cut down the ues and stay mentally tough she'll be fine.

Spunky83
Jan 23rd, 2006, 09:19 PM
My humble opinion is that whereas Lena D. needs a sports therapist and a coach, Nastya only needs a sports therapist.

Aside from a weak second serve (which at least makes it over the net), which I'm not sure a coach can do that much with, I think Nasty has a pretty complete game when she's not bored, or mad, or upset or otherwise unfocused. When she is on top of her game, she's a serious Top 10 player as we saw in late '03, all of '04 and late in '05.

The serve is always going to be a problem for a girl with Nastya's slight build, and I'm not sure bulking up is either possible or desirable. But with her quickness and speed, Nasty can win points just by keeping the ball in play.

Of course, I need a pyschologist, too, to find out why I have such an affinity for headcase women (and not just tennis players)!:lol:

I have a good friend whoīs a serious headcase too, maybe you could take care of her;)

Jensīs master studies included several sports psychologists courses, maybe he could get out his books again :tape:

Tokyo could be really interesting as it is a very small draw but this year there are actually a bunch of top players participating, plus itīs indoor carpet.

Almalyk
Jan 24th, 2006, 01:17 AM
OK - i'm not willing to talk more about the AO performance of yesterday... A disaster is all I will say.

What I do want to know is - why is Nastya 13th in current rankings and Sveta 12th when they have the same amount of points, and still will have??

frenchie
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:14 AM
No need to argue anymore about the AO loll
It's Tokyo time now!
I think it's a smart choice by Nastya as this is a tier 1 with a lot of points and moreover the surface is indoor carpet!
Some player even say the surface is the fastest of the year (more than grass!!) I hope she gets a good draw and I want a semifinal at least!

Foot's Fingers
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:22 AM
good point of Tokyo - no points to defend!!!

but the field is stronger then usual

_LuCaS_
Jan 24th, 2006, 11:16 AM
i dont think myskii will EVER fire jens. no matter what happens. their relationship is a lot bigger than coach/player.

Then arguably some can say she'll NEVER win another slam unless she changes something.

denine
Jan 24th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Then arguably some can say she'll NEVER win another slam unless she changes something.
erm.. Her serve? :p

meyerpl
Jan 24th, 2006, 03:52 PM
I have a good friend whoīs a serious headcase too, maybe you could take care of her;)

Jensīs master studies included several sports psychologists courses, maybe he could get out his books again :tape:

Tokyo could be really interesting as it is a very small draw but this year there are actually a bunch of top players participating, plus itīs indoor carpet.
After several years as Nastya's coach, coach/lover and coach, I suspect that Jens has a few psychological issues of his own. :lol:

goldenlox
Jan 24th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Sveta played awful in her loss, so did Nadia, and Elena D.
Nastya was just one of the gang in this tournament.
And she can beat Patty. Almost did last year during Nastya's slump.

meyerpl
Jan 24th, 2006, 04:14 PM
I'm biased, but I firmly believe that when Nastya is playing her A-game Patty Schnyder couldn't beat her on her best day.

goldenlox
Jan 24th, 2006, 04:25 PM
The problem is getting to that A-game.
This was the week for it.
The next major is several months away

_LuCaS_
Jan 24th, 2006, 04:38 PM
erm.. Her serve? :p
ACtually her first serve improved. It's more accurate and more powerful. She strives for a 'big serve'
A change in mentality maybe?

goldenlox
Jan 24th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Remember, she didn't train in November, and she played in some awful weather in Melbourne.
We need to see more. Tokyo is indoors, very fast surface.

selyoink
Jan 24th, 2006, 05:38 PM
The next couple of months should give us all our answers. She has about 4 months I guess until the next slam. Plenty of time to get back to her top level of play. Or she will remain static. Lets hope its the former.

Spunky83
Jan 24th, 2006, 05:56 PM
ACtually her first serve improved. It's more accurate and more powerful. She strives for a 'big serve'
A change in mentality maybe?

Definetly mental. She can do it, I have no doubt about that. Itīs just the question if sheīs ready for fighting her way back into the top top.

frenchie
Jan 24th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Definetly mental. She can do it, I have no doubt about that. Itīs just the question if sheīs ready for fighting her way back into the top top.

I think she definitely has the will to go back to where she really belongs ;)
BTW Spunky I can't give you reputation points anymore (good rep ;) ) It says "you have to spread rep points around before giving it to Spunky again" but I have this message for a while :confused:

goldenlox
Jan 25th, 2006, 03:08 PM
I read Anastasia's ranking went up from 14 to 12.
But she had a great draw here.
She has to play much better to do well in Tokyo.

selyoink
Jan 26th, 2006, 06:03 AM
I read Anastasia's ranking went up from 14 to 12.
But she had a great draw here.
She has to play much better to do well in Tokyo.

Yes she does. Her draw was quite simply at AO. Lets hope she can play well in Tokyo and beat some good players.

frenchie
Jan 26th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Nastya will be seeded 4th in Tokyo after Serena and Davenport withdrew!
That means she has to reach the semis where, I hope, she'll meet Dementieva :devil:

_LuCaS_
Jan 26th, 2006, 02:48 PM
That means she has to reach the semis where, I hope, she'll meet Dementieva :devil:
lol, because this is the only way she can reach the final right? Hard times we have..

miffedmax
Jan 26th, 2006, 03:06 PM

That's cold, man, just cold. True, but cold.

Dementinator
Jan 26th, 2006, 03:06 PM
dont be so sure this time!! :lol:

Dementinator
Jan 26th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Maybe Elena will do some Squishing this time...who knows..:lol:

Bubba08
Jan 26th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Nastya will be exempted of first round. :banana:
There is still Hingis who can land everywhere in the draw, i don't wanna see her in Nastya's part of the draw. :scared:
*fingers crossed*

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2006, 04:51 PM
It's amazing she is seeded #4 after the year she had in 2005.
Thus ^ this thread title :p

selyoink
Jan 26th, 2006, 07:20 PM
I wish she didn't get a first round bye. Nastya needs to prove herself again. She shouldn't be getting byes. She better take advantage of the bye though. Maybe she can shock us all and win her first title of the year.

frenchie
Jan 26th, 2006, 07:40 PM
I wish she didn't get a first round bye. Nastya needs to prove herself again. She shouldn't be getting byes. She better take advantage of the bye though. Maybe she can shock us all and win her first title of the year.

IMO that's realistic :D
Nobody in the draw is unbeatable for her! This is a good tourny to gain points and confidence
After that she'll have the right to take 3 weeks of holydays in Moscow :cool:

Spunky83
Jan 26th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Serena and Lindsay are out of Tokyo, so at least she wouldnīt have to meet Lindz

manu32
Jan 26th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Nastya will be exempted of first round. :banana:
There is still Hingis who can land everywhere in the draw, i don't wanna see her in Nastya's part of the draw. :scared:
*fingers crossed*

hingis loosed against pennetta and didn't have any "great" victory.....
a lot of noise for nothing.......

Almalyk
Jan 26th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Good luck in Tokyo Nastya - the easiest Tier 1 - and a good chance to pile on some points! Please take advantage of your seeding!

Spunky83
Jan 26th, 2006, 08:58 PM
hingis loosed against pennetta and didn't have any "great" victory.....
a lot of noise for nothing.......

I donīt know. I think she played pretty great for someone who hasnīt been playing for years and right now, she can beat Nastya in straight sets...who am I kidding? Nastya beats herself with her UEs. If she could just stop those and play her regular patient game.

martirogi
Jan 26th, 2006, 09:04 PM
one day i found myself cheering against hingis and i was like "why am i doing this. she used to be my number one favorite and she's even in my signature" and then i figured that the only thing that had changed was that i found out she was mean to myskina. :tape: i was surprised how powerful my defense of nastya was.

despite that i think hingis is currently playing top 10-15 level and she can only improve.

meyerpl
Jan 26th, 2006, 09:24 PM
I was surprised at how sharp Hingis was at the AO. I'm not a big Hingis fan, but I didn't want to see her humiliate herself, especially in light of her former glory. Obviously, I had nothing to fear.
Nastya has always been inconsistent, but lately it has been ridiculous. Whatever the cause, I hope she gets to the bottom of it soon.
BTW, I feel the same sense of defensiveness about Nastya. All somebody needs to do to get my dander up is say something nasty about Nastya. Carillo frosts my ass everytime she opens her mouth about Nastya.

Am I the only one who thinks Brad Gilbert is an ass-clown?

Spunky83
Jan 26th, 2006, 10:14 PM
one day i found myself cheering against hingis and i was like "why am i doing this. she used to be my number one favorite and she's even in my signature" and then i figured that the only thing that had changed was that i found out she was mean to myskina. :tape: i was surprised how powerful my defense of nastya was.

despite that i think hingis is currently playing top 10-15 level and she can only improve.

Going with your attitude, I would have a multiple personality disorder having the faves I am :lol:

MPL: I donīt have a clue about how Mr. CNN sounds like as a commentator. However I know why he got this nickname so I assume it must be awesome :tape:

Nastya should be seeded fourth in the Tokyo draw so that would mean she would play my fave opponent for her: Miss Bye :angel:

meyerpl
Jan 26th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Miss Bye? The way things have been going, that one could go three sets.

Spunky83
Jan 26th, 2006, 11:01 PM
...and probably lose it :lol:

Nah, ok...second tourney of the year...it will get better, I am sure;)

selyoink
Jan 26th, 2006, 11:20 PM
...and probably lose it :lol:

Nah, ok...second tourney of the year...it will get better, I am sure;)

Let us hope so. If not it will become all doom and despair in these parts.

As for Hingis I feel she acquitted herself very well. Granted she hasn't beaten any great players but she did push Clijsters to three sets.

Almalyk
Jan 27th, 2006, 12:40 AM

Completely agree - Hingis is playing the same range in the rankings as Nastya - if not better.

fleur137
Jan 27th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Good luck in Tokyo Nastya - the easiest Tier 1 - and a good chance to pile on some points! Please take advantage of your seeding!

that's what i'm most afraid of. the easier it seems, the more likely nastya seems to lose........i only hope she proves me wrong and really piles on the points cos she desperately needs them!

denine
Jan 27th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Completely agree - Hingis is playing the same range in the rankings as Nastya - if not better.
Yeah.. i didnt think hingis would do so well...i was quite wrong.

Spunky83
Jan 27th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Wow...we have two channels showing the Kiefer semis right now, lol. Havenīt seen that for a while. Even though I donīt like that guy, for the sake of German tennis, I seriously hope he gets through. The media is so excited, heīs on front page...tennis is on front-page! Haha.

Curious to see Nastyaīs draw. Actually I hope she will draw Hingis early. It would be a freaking hot challenge for her, especially since Martina always did great in Tokyo with a w-l record of 24-3...wuppa

frenchie
Jan 27th, 2006, 10:59 AM
I think if Nastya meet Hingis in Tokyo, Nastya would still win especially on this fast surface

denine
Jan 27th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Wow...we have two channels showing the Kiefer semis right now, lol. Havenīt seen that for a while. Even though I donīt like that guy, for the sake of German tennis, I seriously hope he gets through. The media is so excited, heīs on front page...tennis is on front-page! Haha.

He just went down in the third set 0-6. :tape:

Aleksz
Jan 27th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Nastya needs your help ! VOTE NOW !

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=7202493#post7202493

she lost the first set 6-4 :sad:

manu32
Jan 27th, 2006, 06:14 PM
please nastya......beat hingis.....

fleur137
Jan 28th, 2006, 11:07 AM
wow is everyone thinking she'll draw marty? lol can't wait to see the draw. when will it be made?

_LuCaS_
Jan 28th, 2006, 04:03 PM
The gods have spoken. 1st round encounter is settled

Spunky83
Jan 28th, 2006, 04:05 PM
The gods have spoken. 1st round encounter is settled

I think she receives a Bye;)

Maybe 2nd round?

_LuCaS_
Jan 28th, 2006, 04:08 PM
The gods were wrong. Shit happens ;)

selyoink
Jan 28th, 2006, 05:04 PM
When is the draw going to come out? Doesn't the tournament start on Monday?

Spunky83
Jan 28th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Ahhh...those Japanese... :lol:

cerbero
Jan 28th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Aaahh those asians :lol:

iine:
Jan 28th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Aaahh those asians :lol:
what's wrong with us asians,emilio?:hehehe: :lol:

cerbero
Jan 28th, 2006, 07:03 PM
what's wrong with us asians,emilio?:hehehe: :lol:

Forgot there were more asians other than Spunky...sorry :lol:

Spunky83
Jan 28th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Ahhh...those people

iine:
Jan 28th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Forgot there were more asians other than Spunky...sorry :lol:
Oh! :lol::kiss:

Spunky83
Jan 28th, 2006, 08:22 PM
God, I hope if Nastya ever feels so sick on court that she canīt think and breath anymore in a slam final, she will just play til she drops dead surrounded by body fluids of all kinds in order to become a good loser - of course she must wait til the matchpoint and then die.

Holy ass...sorry but this could happen to anyone and it freaks me out. Personally I canīt even walk straight with menstrual cramps.

So where were we? Nastya - play better please! I am speechless.

denine
Jan 29th, 2006, 02:50 AM
God, I hope if Nastya ever feels so sick on court that she canīt think and breath anymore in a slam final, she will just play til she drops dead surrounded by body fluids of all kinds in order to become a good loser - of course she must wait til the matchpoint and then die.

Holy ass...sorry but this could happen to anyone and it freaks me out. Personally I canīt even walk straight with menstrual cramps.

So where were we? Nastya - play better please! I am speechless.
:lol: Spunky, you should chill.

and yeah. when i get menstrual cramps, i can hardly move too.

_LuCaS_
Jan 29th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Pan Pacific draw

Sharapova (1) -bye
q vs. q
Stosur vs. Nakamura
Jankovic vs. Hantuchova (6)

Dechy (3) -bye
Morigami vs. Hingis
Kirilenko vs. q
Sugiyama vs. Ivanovic (8)

Likhotseva (7) vs. Asagoe
Bartoli vs. Golovin
Koukalova vs. Zheng
Myskina (4) -bye

Vaidisova (5) vs. q
Peng vs. Peschke
Craybas vs. Srebotnik
Dementieva (2) -bye

As good as it gets

iine:
Jan 29th, 2006, 04:50 PM
She must at least advance into the quarters or even the semis.:o

Spunky83
Jan 29th, 2006, 05:01 PM
:lol: Spunky, you should chill.

and yeah. when i get menstrual cramps, i can hardly move too.

You should try Ibuprofen, itīs unbeatable. My doctor prescribed a high dose version for my shoulder (600 mg :drool: ) but I found out that it basically kills every kind of pain. Might be a bit hard for the stomach but well... ;)

selyoink
Jan 29th, 2006, 05:05 PM
I don't like Nastya's draw at all. Primarily because Tati and Elena L. are in her quarter. I hate when my favorites play each other early on. Still in terms of difficulty it isn't that bad. Most of the players in her quarter are either slumping or just not very good.

goldenlox
Jan 29th, 2006, 05:28 PM
I don't know if it's good draw or not.
It depends on how well she plays.

martirogi
Jan 29th, 2006, 06:01 PM
she'll probably fuck it up :armed:

with nastya pessimism works better than optimism

goldenlox
Jan 29th, 2006, 06:15 PM
It's hard to judge what form she will have. One match at a time.

Thauron
Jan 29th, 2006, 07:27 PM
If she keeps her head cool against Likhovtseva she should be fine and have at least a rather good result.

goldenlox
Jan 29th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Anastasia is in the best quarter. And this is a very soft Tier I.
A decent effort will get her in the final.
Probably against Sharapova.

fleur137
Jan 29th, 2006, 09:55 PM
she'll probably fuck it up :armed:

with nastya pessimism works better than optimism
lol yeah. when it's easy, she makes it so hard............

frenchie
Jan 29th, 2006, 11:45 PM
that's a pretty good draw and I don't like it!! :rolleyes:
Every time she has a decent draw she just doesn't show up :o

I hope she can get to the final
BTW what is the ES schedule for this tourny?

denine
Jan 30th, 2006, 03:44 AM
ah well. all we can do is wait and see. Hopefully, she doesnt screw up.:o

Daniel
Jan 30th, 2006, 03:50 AM
Good luck Nastya, :bounce: :kiss:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 30th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Good Luck Nastya!!!

Waiting for Lena L - Nastya match

fleur137
Jan 30th, 2006, 09:28 AM
hey when is oop coming out?

cindy
Jan 30th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Good Luck Nastya!!!

Waiting for Lena L - Nastya match

this are my two fav' player but everytime they met I'm scared....hope nastya forgot about the US open....

Spunky83
Jan 30th, 2006, 12:33 PM
hey when is oop coming out?

2nd rd are not before Wednesday

Foot's Fingers
Jan 30th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Doubles Draw:

E.Likhovtseva/A.Myskina vs. J.Zheng/A.Widjaja
A.Ivanovic/M.Kirilenko vs. (4)Dementieva/Morariu

So seems this year Nastya playing doubles full schedule

Foot's Fingers
Jan 30th, 2006, 01:04 PM
forget to add Nastya/Lena will play doubles match tomorrow

miffedmax
Jan 30th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Oh, more crap. I don't want Lena and Nasty to ever have to play each other except in finals.

Again, there should be a rule.

selyoink
Jan 30th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Nastya and Elena L. could do well in doubles. Hopefully they will play well and it will boost Nastya's confidence.

goldenlox
Jan 30th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Anastasia doesn't have much to defend this time of year.
She can quickly get back into the top 10.

sinterklaasje
Jan 30th, 2006, 06:34 PM
if she plays some decent tennis, she can
but she needs to play better than last year

time to climb up the rankings :banana:

Almalyk
Jan 30th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Good luck in Tokyo Nastya - I think it's almost impossible to ask for a better draw in a Tier 1 tournament. Close in on the top 10 :hearts:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 31st, 2006, 09:13 AM
Nastya and Elena L. could do well in doubles. Hopefully they will play well and it will boost Nastya's confidence.

E. Likhovtseva / A. Myskina lost 4-6 3-6 :fiery: :tears:

Almalyk
Jan 31st, 2006, 09:43 AM
E. Likhovtseva / A. Myskina lost 4-6 3-6 :fiery: :tears:

Hopefully it was all Lena L's fault ( :tape: ) and hopefully she can focus on singles now.

frenchie
Jan 31st, 2006, 10:13 AM
Hopefully it was all Lena L's fault ( :tape: ) and hopefully she can focus on singles now.

yeah sure it's Lena's fault ;) (she just won a GS in doubles :tape: )

Now Nastya has to concentrate on singles. She can reach the final :D
she should play on thursday

Spunky83
Jan 31st, 2006, 10:16 AM
Well...they also played against a part of the AusOpen doubles winners.

frenchie
Jan 31st, 2006, 10:17 AM
Well...they also played against a part of the AusOpen doubles winners.

:lol: "a part" you mean Zheng!

fleur137
Jan 31st, 2006, 10:31 AM
Anastasia doesn't have much to defend this time of year.
She can quickly get back into the top 10.

she better! anyway, what the hell happened in that doubles match? oh well at least concentrate on singles now and get that ranking back up!

Spunky83
Jan 31st, 2006, 10:31 AM
:lol: "a part" you mean Zheng!

yeah, you know we Asians are scrappy, probably did the work all by herself

denine
Jan 31st, 2006, 10:43 AM
yeah, you know we Asians are scrappy, probably did the work all by herself
We are!?! :confused: :lol:

Spunky83
Jan 31st, 2006, 11:56 AM
We are!?! :confused: :lol:

Yeah you know...Chinese with all the single childrens, must be a weird feeling for them to play doubles.

Sorry, I apologize for that, not in a good mood lately :o

martirogi
Jan 31st, 2006, 02:53 PM
nastya isnt scheduled to play today :sad:

those bastards want her to play four days in a row :fiery:

cindy
Jan 31st, 2006, 03:19 PM
yeah! I think everyone wants her to lose but us!!!!!! look at the AO....who is the only player who was always playing when it was more than hot!!!???? nastya!!!!
we should maybe tell it to the wtatour...
well nastya lost her double....too sad I was so happy that she played with likhovtseva!!!....anyway I do prefer her to win in single of course
hope she will find some time to rest

frenchie
Jan 31st, 2006, 03:29 PM
I hope Nastya will have to play against Koukalova. She has won 1 match in 3 tournies

meyerpl
Jan 31st, 2006, 03:30 PM
Sorry, I apologize for that, not in a good mood lately :o
Oh, I'm awfully sorry to hear that. Maybe it would cheer you up if you withdrew some of your vcash, bought some virtual liquor and went on a virtual knee-walking, snot-slinging, pants-pissing drunk. You'd only have to cope with a virtual hangover, and the worst thing that could happen is you'd wake up in virtual jail.
Serously, I hope your mood changes for the better soon. Maybe Nastya can do something to brighten your spirits in the coming days; either advance deep in Tokyo or pull some stunt that makes you laugh. Maybe she'll leap into the stands and kick Jens in the nuts after missing an easy lob or something. I think everyone, especially Jens, would get a warm feeling from that.

goldenlox
Jan 31st, 2006, 03:43 PM

those bastards want her to play four days in a row :fiery:If that happens, it's a good thing. A Tier I final.

Spunky83
Jan 31st, 2006, 04:47 PM

those bastards want her to play four days in a row :fiery:

I would love to see her playing four matches in a row!

Spunky83
Jan 31st, 2006, 04:50 PM
Oh, I'm awfully sorry to hear that. Maybe it would cheer you up if you withdrew some of your vcash, bought some virtual liquor and went on a virtual knee-walking, snot-slinging, pants-pissing drunk. You'd only have to cope with a virtual hangover, and the worst thing that could happen is you'd wake up in virtual jail.
Serously, I hope your mood changes for the better soon. Maybe Nastya can do something to brighten your spirits in the coming days; either advance deep in Tokyo or pull some stunt that makes you laugh. Maybe she'll leap into the stands and kick Jens in the nuts after missing an easy lob or something. I think everyone, especially Jens, would get a warm feeling from that.

Thanks;)

Unfortunately thereīs nothing anyone can do in this situation. I am sure it will get better, just a bit tough right now.

cindy
Jan 31st, 2006, 05:45 PM
I hope Nastya will have to play against Koukalova. She has won 1 match in 3 tournies

I must confess that this draw scared me a lil bit....lot of player who are not better than her but who win against her...

selyoink
Jan 31st, 2006, 07:37 PM
Looks like Nastya was a cancer to poor Elena L. in doubles. Surely that loss wasn't Elena's fault.

Almalyk
Jan 31st, 2006, 08:00 PM

Oh no... a kick anywhere except the nuts!! Poor Jens, what a disreputable athlete Nastya would be if she did that!!

Good luck tomorrow Anastasia!

Almalyk
Jan 31st, 2006, 08:21 PM
Nastya's Picks for the new Whirlpool Fantasy Tennis Season:

Category 1 - Kim Clijsters, Amélie Mauresmo
Category 2 - Anastasia Myskina, Daniela Hantuchova, Elena Likhovtseva
Category 3 - Vera Dushevina, Iveta Benesova, Meghann Shaughnessy
Category 4 - Lisa Raymond, Ekaterina Bychkova, Jelena Kostanic, Elena Vesnina

frenchie
Jan 31st, 2006, 09:44 PM

what's that? :confused:

sinterklaasje
Jan 31st, 2006, 10:01 PM

she picked herself :lol:
she seems to be very confident for this season :cool:
I've got the impression her picks are more friendship-related than tennis-related :p

Spunky83
Jan 31st, 2006, 10:04 PM
I've got the impression her picks are more friendship-related than tennis-related :p

No way! :lol:

Glad she likes herself... :angel:

Almalyk
Jan 31st, 2006, 10:55 PM
No way! :lol:

Glad she likes herself... :angel:

Most of her picks are surely friends :) How is her relationship with Amelie?

fleur137
Jan 31st, 2006, 11:07 PM
Looks like Nastya was a cancer to poor Elena L. in doubles. Surely that loss wasn't Elena's fault.

really? oh holy crap then! she better play good in singles!

selyoink
Jan 31st, 2006, 11:08 PM
Not sure if I understand why Nastya would pick Meghan Shaughnessy or Lisa Raymond for Fantasy tennis. When is the last time either has had a good result other than doubles?

frenchie
Jan 31st, 2006, 11:12 PM
what are these picks?

did she have to pick the year-end ranking or what?

martirogi
Jan 31st, 2006, 11:20 PM
what are these picks?

on the wta tour website there is a game where you pick players you think will perform well for the next few months. there are 4 different levels of players based on current rankings.

selyoink
Jan 31st, 2006, 11:22 PM
what are these picks?

It is a Fantasy sports game. Fantasy sports games are very popular in the U.S., especially fantasy football. The players you pick get a certain amount of points for winning matches. You have a budget so that you can't choose all players in the top 10.

frenchie
Jan 31st, 2006, 11:36 PM
ok thanks!
it's like tennis-pool!

frenchie
Jan 31st, 2006, 11:57 PM
shit I created a team but you have to pay to play!!

selyoink
Feb 1st, 2006, 12:49 AM

Yeah, I would play if not for the money aspect. I'm too cheap to pay for Fantasy Tennis.

Almalyk
Feb 1st, 2006, 01:09 AM

Yeah! Damn I had created my team too - then I saw that! I wonder if Nastya had to pay ;)

Number19
Feb 1st, 2006, 01:38 AM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/tokyo1/f_33.jpg

Martina: "Alright bitches, listen up. Especially you Nasty-a. I'm back to kick all your marginal asses..."
Nastya too busy finishing her meal to notice Martina had sat down: "Huh?"
Jelena thinking to herself: "Martina is totally gonna get a punch in the nose once Anastasia realizes what's going on."

martirogi
Feb 1st, 2006, 02:06 AM
Martina: "Alright bitches, listen up. Especially you Nasty-a. I'm back to kick all your marginal asses..."
Jelena thinking to herself: "Martina is totally gonna get a punch in the nose once Anastasia realizes what's going on."

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

fleur137
Feb 1st, 2006, 06:04 AM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/tokyo1/f_33.jpg

lol

hey does nastya look more tanned in that pic....or is it just me?

Almalyk
Feb 1st, 2006, 06:25 AM
lol

hey does nastya look more tanned in that pic....or is it just me?

Either more tanner or her hair is darker - nearly enough to turn me back to being heterosexual :lick:

Spunky83
Feb 1st, 2006, 06:57 AM
Looks like sheīs still having food in her mouth...cute

Super tanned and the hair looks normal to me, they appear a bit darker without sun light

frenchie
Feb 1st, 2006, 09:41 AM
Nastya will play against Koukalova as I hoped.
It's a good player for her IMO because she doesn't have any variations nor big weapons. Nastya should win in 2!!

1 win for her = 75 wta points

noursette
Feb 1st, 2006, 09:49 AM
source : wtatour.com

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/tokyo1/f_21.jpg

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/tokyo1/f_23.jpg

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/tokyo1/f_30.jpg
again with Lena ;)

cindy
Feb 1st, 2006, 10:36 AM
thx noursette!!! cute last one!

alibaby
Feb 1st, 2006, 11:05 AM
Nastya will play against Koukalova as I hoped.
It's a good player for her IMO because she doesn't have any variations nor big weapons. Nastya should win in 2!!

1 win for her = 75 wta points
yes,under "normal" circumstances,she sholud win it.but as nastya-fans,do we know anything "normal" with her?...rather not.. :lol: but nasty-baby will do it,i know!! :kiss: :kiss:

denine
Feb 1st, 2006, 12:11 PM
She'll do fine! :) and wow! v-betting is back!

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2006, 03:47 PM
A good draw here. Nastya should be very fresh and ready.

miffedmax
Feb 1st, 2006, 03:52 PM

again with Lena ;)

Now, if I could just fit my chair in there. . .
:hearts: Both my girls!

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2006, 05:29 PM
http://www.toray-ppo.co.jp/web/pc/photo_gallery/images/ahour_007.jpg

http://www.toray-ppo.co.jp/web/pc/photo_gallery/images/ahour_008.jpg

selyoink
Feb 1st, 2006, 06:26 PM
She looks pretty in the press conference pictures.

Almalyk
Feb 1st, 2006, 08:00 PM
Great conference pix! Thanks everyone!

Lets hope her tennis is seriously on form today! Rout Kookie!

Spunky83
Feb 1st, 2006, 08:04 PM
Great conference pix! Thanks everyone!

Lets hope her tennis is seriously on form today! Rout Kookie!

Is that "Australian"?

Almalyk
Feb 1st, 2006, 08:07 PM
Is that "Australian"?

LOL - is what Australian? Hehehe.. Remember i'm from New Zealand ;)

Isn't Koukalova's nickname Kookie? I just wanted Nastya to rout or beat her today :D

Spunky83
Feb 1st, 2006, 09:46 PM
LOL - is what Australian? Hehehe.. Remember i'm from New Zealand ;)

Isn't Koukalova's nickname Kookie? I just wanted Nastya to rout or beat her today :D

Isnīt it "to route someone"? And I actually didnīt know that it was her nickname, sounds cute.

Is it so offensive to call New Zealand Australian? I mean after all itīs the Australian continent, right? Do you guys make fun of each other like the former westpart of Germany does concerning the former eastern part?

martirogi
Feb 1st, 2006, 10:17 PM
its probably the same as calling a british person irish. they are two different islands.

Almalyk
Feb 1st, 2006, 10:26 PM
Isnīt it "to route someone"? And I actually didnīt know that it was her nickname, sounds cute.

Is it so offensive to call New Zealand Australian? I mean after all itīs the Australian continent, right? Do you guys make fun of each other like the former westpart of Germany does concerning the former eastern part?

LOL - some would consider it offensive - although I lived in Australia in 2004 - so it's not so bad for me :D

We are part of the Australasian continent - thank god the Australian's don't get the honour of having the whole continent named after their own country :D

We are quite different nations I guess, and we have strong sporting rivalries for sure. NZ is only 4 million though, so we are much smaller. I like to think NZ is much more liberal and sensible too - we have passed bills allowing gay marriage, we keep out of US War on terror, we are a nuclear free nation... But Australia for sure has a lot of great things going for them too.

So many fpeople still think NZ is the small island at the bottom of Australia (Tasmania)... :eek: :mad: :o :fiery:

And of course NZ and Australia make fun of each other. We get a lot of sheep sex jokes (NZ has over 50 million sheep) and Australian's get a lot of crap for being an island that the british used to dump all their convicts/murderers on. :lol:

selyoink
Feb 1st, 2006, 10:28 PM
Looks like I'm in for a long night. Why does Nastya have to play the last on court 1? Hopefully some of the other matches will be quick.

martirogi
Feb 1st, 2006, 10:29 PM
i was on earlier and read the thread myskina vs sharapova. then i took a nap and had a dream that sharapova beat nastya 7-5 in the third of tokyo. :sad: maria served for it at 5-4 and nastya played amazing and broke back. then on her own serve there was a crazy rally. maria thought she had the winner, but nastya got there and hit an incredible hard backhand right into the corner. myskina had so much momentum from running in one direction that she had to go around the chair umpire and ended up on maria's side of the court. then sharapova somehow got nastya's shot back. well our smart anastasia knew the shortest distance was a straight line so she tried to jump over the net in time to hit the shot. she fell down and the entire crowd burst out laughing. maria came over to help myskina up and they were both laughing and they hugged. :scared:

Almalyk
Feb 1st, 2006, 10:32 PM
its probably the same as calling a british person irish. they are two different islands.

Yeah that's quite true - or for the case of you two, calling a Swiss person a German, or a German a Swiss :wavey:

miffedmax
Feb 1st, 2006, 11:21 PM
LOL - some would consider it offensive - although I lived in Australia in 2004 - so it's not so bad for me :D

We are part of the Australasian continent - thank god the Australian's don't get the honour of having the whole continent named after their own country :D

We are quite different nations I guess, and we have strong sporting rivalries for sure. NZ is only 4 million though, so we are much smaller. I like to think NZ is much more liberal and sensible too - we have passed bills allowing gay marriage, we keep out of US War on terror, we are a nuclear free nation... But Australia for sure has a lot of great things going for them too.

So many fpeople still think NZ is the small island at the bottom of Australia (Tasmania)... :eek: :mad: :o :fiery:

And of course NZ and Australia make fun of each other. We get a lot of sheep sex jokes (NZ has over 50 million sheep) and Australian's get a lot of crap for being an island that the british used to dump all their convicts/murderers on. :lol:

I had an uncle from New Zealand. I think his generation (WWII) took it a lot more seriously because of the tendency of the British and Americans to not be able to tell them apart--but he simply hated to be called Australian.

Of course, what really pissed him off was if somebody called him English.

angiee3
Feb 2nd, 2006, 01:14 AM
i was on earlier and read the thread myskina vs sharapova. then i took a nap and had a dream that sharapova beat nastya 7-5 in the third of tokyo. :sad: maria served for it at 5-4 and nastya played amazing and broke back. then on her own serve there was a crazy rally. maria thought she had the winner, but nastya got there and hit an incredible hard backhand right into the corner. myskina had so much momentum from running in one direction that she had to go around the chair umpire and ended up on maria's side of the court. then sharapova somehow got nastya's shot back. well our smart anastasia knew the shortest distance was a straight line so she tried to jump over the net in time to hit the shot. she fell down and the entire crowd burst out laughing. maria came over to help myskina up and they were both laughing and they hugged. :scared:

wow what a dream... and also what an ending... :lol:

angiee3
Feb 2nd, 2006, 01:23 AM

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/tokyo1/f_21.jpg

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/tokyo1/f_23.jpg

again with Lena ;)

great pics.. thx for sharing...

Nastya and Elena always sit beside each other almost all the time. right?
both girls look great...

fleur137
Feb 2nd, 2006, 05:33 AM

lol it's funny reading about Aus from someone else's perspective. We do have great sporting rivalries!! lol but we can also be good mates (ANZAC day testifies). I went to NZ about 10 years ago and from what I remember (which is not much cos i was little lol), NZ was a really tranquil place with great scenery. I think Aus is a variety of things, depending on where you live of course. If you live in the big cities (esp those on the East Coast), life is busier and goes at a faster pace, so to speak, than at the smaller cities.

Spunky83
Feb 2nd, 2006, 06:23 AM
Yeah that's quite true - or for the case of you two, calling a Swiss person a German, or a German a Swiss :wavey:

Well...no we love that actually. Mozart, Frisch, Dürrenmatt, Federer? They speak German, so we would like to see them as German :lol:

It wasnīt meant to be offensive. I think Ireland and the U.K. is a different matter due to the political circumstances, plus North Ireland as part of the UK is on the same island as Ireland. I was just referring to Australian as the actual continenent which consists of the country Australia as well as the country New Zealand but ok...New Zealandian? New Zealandish? :angel:

Almalyk
Feb 2nd, 2006, 07:29 AM
Well...no we love that actually. Mozart, Frisch, Dürrenmatt, Federer? They speak German, so we would like to see them as German :lol:

It wasnīt meant to be offensive. I think Ireland and the U.K. is a different matter due to the political circumstances, plus North Ireland as part of the UK is on the same island as Ireland. I was just referring to Australian as the actual continenent which consists of the country Australia as well as the country New Zealand but ok...New Zealandian? New Zealandish? :angel:

Hahahahah - i took no offense - we are just a little paradise far away from everyone else - why else would they be filming all the world best movies here??

Scarily though, i recently watched a political documentary, and over 20% of Americans thought that NZ was both North and South Korea! I hope GWB doesn't think the same :tape:

Foot's Fingers
Feb 2nd, 2006, 08:04 AM
so the match is started with Nastya's loss her serve :tape:

GO AND WIN

Almalyk
Feb 2nd, 2006, 09:23 AM
Nastya wins 64 64! Well done - good effort after coming back from 2-4 down in first set. Horrible 1st serve % though. 5 aces though!

QF of a Tier 1 - with a good chance vs Likhotseva in my opinion. Good luck!

Daniel
Feb 2nd, 2006, 09:24 AM
Well done Nastya :)

Good luck vs Elena. should win with no problems but with Nastya we never know.

Go Nastya :bounce:

fleur137
Feb 2nd, 2006, 09:30 AM
Well done Nastya :)

Good luck vs Elena. should win with no problems but with Nastya we never know.

Go Nastya :bounce:

lol "win with no problems" in Nastya-ese is probably a tough 3set rollercoaster :lol: :lol:

denine
Feb 2nd, 2006, 09:30 AM
Good win! Good luck against elena then! :yeah:

Foot's Fingers
Feb 2nd, 2006, 09:34 AM
Job Done!!!

Hope it will be good match vs Lena

frenchie
Feb 2nd, 2006, 09:37 AM
I don't feel confident at all against Lena L
Hope Nastya plays better
If she wins her QF she'll play Vaidisova IMO

Foot's Fingers
Feb 2nd, 2006, 09:58 AM
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6126/myskinajapan8th.jpg

Anastasia Myskina of Russia returns the ball against Klara Koukalova of Czech Republic during their second round match of the Toray Pan Pacific Open women's tennis tournament in Tokyo Thursday, Feb. 2, 2006. Myskina won 6-4. 6-4.
(AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

sinterklaasje
Feb 2nd, 2006, 10:12 AM
:yeah:
now Lena L :scared:

cindy
Feb 2nd, 2006, 10:31 AM
good win I hope she will feel confident in her match against lena...I want a good match!

fleur137
Feb 2nd, 2006, 12:14 PM
what were the stats?

frenchie
Feb 2nd, 2006, 12:54 PM
wooow did Nastya have a breast surgery or what??? :lol: :lol:
;)

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 2nd, 2006, 01:30 PM
Nastya ;) :yeah: :D
well done ;) :D

Now Nastya got to beat Lena, had too many near misses against her
time to put things right.

martirogi
Feb 2nd, 2006, 01:32 PM
Myskina leads 4-3

2003 DOHA HARD (O) F A. MYSKINA 6-3 6-1

2004 DOHA HARD (O) R16 A. MYSKINA 6-1 3-6 6-1

2004 ROME CLAY (O) R32 E. LIKHOVTSEVA 7-5 1-6 6-3

2004 MONTREAL HARD (O) S E. LIKHOVTSEVA 6-3 5-7 6-4

2004 FILDERSTADT HARD (I) Q A. MYSKINA 4-6 6-0 6-2

2004 MOSCOW CARPET (I) R16 A. MYSKINA 2-6 6-1 6-0

2005 US OPEN HARD (O) R32 E. LIKHOVTSEVA 0-6 6-3 7-6(6)

Thauron
Feb 2nd, 2006, 02:49 PM
Thx for the stats, Martirogi. Strange that almost every set Nastya won (apart from Montreal 2004) she basically blows Likhovtseva off the court. And still she manages to loose against her regularly.
Anyway, if Myskina doesn't loose her head tonight and starts to rush things, she should be victorious. Of course, that is maybe a big IF in Myskina's case but hey, somehow it is bound to happen somewhere.