PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

goldenlox
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Likhovtseva does this once in a while. It's a way to play some service games, and stay fresh for the following week.

Daniel
Jan 8th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Bah! Doubles but not singles? Maybe she really is crazy.

:lol: i was thinking the same when saw her name only in doubles.

iced gem
Jan 8th, 2006, 10:46 AM
There is a nice pic of Nastya practicing in GM "Alex Sydney's Medibank pics"
She looks good - no surprises in her 2006 appearence then! :angel:

Bubba08
Jan 8th, 2006, 11:03 AM
There is a nice pic of Nastya practicing in GM "Alex Sydney's Medibank pics"
She looks good - no surprises in her 2006 appearence then! :angel:
Yeah, it is a bit disappointing. :dance: :)

martirogi
Jan 8th, 2006, 04:39 PM
she has her hair up in that pic. maybe the surprise is that its seven feet long.

Almalyk
Jan 8th, 2006, 07:33 PM
she has her hair up in that pic. maybe the surprise is that its seven feet long.

Seven feet long hair! A Russian version of Rappunzel! What should we call her? Nastapunzel? :wavey:

martirogi
Jan 8th, 2006, 09:04 PM
nasatapunzel is a great name! i wish we could call her that, but i like her short hair so i guess id be a confict of interests.

Almalyk
Jan 8th, 2006, 09:35 PM
nasatapunzel is a great name! i wish we could call her that, but i like her short hair so i guess id be a confict of interests.

It's kind of a shame if there is no big change to her appearance! I was looking forward to something cool! We will just have to wait until later in the year! :drool:

Spunky83
Jan 8th, 2006, 11:36 PM
I posted it already in the on court-pics thread but Justine had a good reason to chose Nastya for a practice match. Justine and her coach love to practice against players who have a similar game to the next opponent. Nastya is the closest you can get regarding Martinaīs game. I love that.

With the freaky results of Nastya/Justine matches, the Martina/Justine one should be fun as hell;)

selyoink
Jan 9th, 2006, 05:34 AM
With the freaky results of Nastya/Justine matches, the Martina/Justine one should be fun as hell;)

Or maybe not. Justine took care of Martina pretty easily.

Nastya is playing doubles with Safina correct? Haven't bothered to look at the draw. Shows how much I care about doubles.

Foot's Fingers
Jan 9th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Nastya with Dinara again :woohoo: I like this combo and they decide to play again once more time :banana:

no singles :tape:

Spunky83
Jan 9th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Or maybe not. Justine took care of Martina pretty easily.

Nastya is playing doubles with Safina correct? Haven't bothered to look at the draw. Shows how much I care about doubles.

Wasnīt that much of a thriller, thatīs for sure. However Justine played an amazing match although winning the first set with a serve percentage of 33 isnīt really convincing;)

frenchie
Jan 9th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Nastya is scheduled to play her first (doubles) match on tuesday!
At least she'll get used to the conditions because that's the only positive thing I see for her decision :rolleyes:

selyoink
Jan 9th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Wasnīt that much of a thriller, thatīs for sure. However Justine played an amazing match although winning the first set with a serve percentage of 33 isnīt really convincing;)

She had a first server percentage of 33 in the first set? Damn.

_LuCaS_
Jan 9th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Nastya is scheduled to play her first (doubles) match on tuesday!
At least she'll get used to the conditions because that's the only positive thing I see for her decision :rolleyes:
It's the fourth match on court 3.
Maybe I'll be able to follow some of it, but the Australian timezone is confusing (that's the only thing I hate about the Aussie tourneys)
From ceiling fan's report in the Sydney thread :

Anastasia Myskina... at first she told every "no photos" while she was practising, so we left, but when we came back we saw her off the court crying, and her coach (? not jens, some chubby old guy) was giving her a pep talk. It was so sad, she was wiping the tears off her face. Anyway, we decided not to bother her cause she was lookin so sad, but this girl in front decided to ask her for an autograph which Anastasia obliged to... So we asked for one and said thanks wen she signed and she smiled back weakly, with her face and eyes still red from crying...

Again the moustache guy with her. This is no good news whatever you put it but I hope she hasn't received any news from home :sad:

meyerpl
Jan 9th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Wow. I'm really sorry to read this. I hope it isn't anything serious. Poor Nastya has had enough heart-ache in recent months.

Spunky83
Jan 9th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Hmmm...I can only hope that Nastya is one of those persons who cry because of everything and anything. Not another drama year, please.

The "mustache, "chubby" guy is probably her physio a.k.a. uncle in some sort of way.

frenchie
Jan 9th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Maybe I'll be able to follow some of it, but the Australian timezone is confusing (that's the only thing I hate about the Aussie tourneys)

Anastasia Myskina... at first she told every "no photos" while she was practising, so we left, but when we came back we saw her off the court crying, and her coach (? not jens, some chubby old guy) was giving her a pep talk. It was so sad, she was wiping the tears off her face. Anyway, we decided not to bother her cause she was lookin so sad, but this girl in front decided to ask her for an autograph which Anastasia obliged to... So we asked for one and said thanks wen she signed and she smiled back weakly, with her face and eyes still red from crying...

Again the moustache guy with her. This is no good news whatever you put it but I hope she hasn't received any news from home :sad:

Oh no, not again!!! :sad:
I thought this guy was her father at first. He was with her at RG 2004
I hope it's nothing serious :(

Corswandt
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:20 PM
I can't find any either, but with all the attention given to doubles, George W. Bush could team up with Saddam Hussein for a tournament and it wouldn't receive any notice in the press.

:lol:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:35 PM
sad story to read abt Nastya

hope evrthng is going well

Almalyk
Jan 9th, 2006, 07:29 PM

Nastya! I hope everything will be OK! I hope your mum is well!

Mana
Jan 9th, 2006, 08:59 PM
omg, that stinks! I hope Anastasia is feeling better now. Good luck to her at the AO, I am hoping for a Nadia Vs. Anastasia Q/F!! (With Nadia winning;))

She seems like a nice girl, chin up and everything will be just fine:)!

Remember Anastasia, no matter how bad things get/are, there is always someone else in the world with a problem much worse:kiss:.

Almalyk
Jan 9th, 2006, 09:09 PM
omg, that stinks! I hope Anastasia is feeling better now. Good luck to her at the AO, I am hoping for a Nadia Vs. Anastasia Q/F!! (With Nadia winning;))

She seems like a nice girl, chin up and everything will be just fine:)!

Remember Anastasia, no matter how bad things get/are, there is always someone else in the world with a problem much worse:kiss:.

Nastya vs Nadia QF would be nice - but Nastya has to win of course! :bounce: :worship:

Spunky83
Jan 10th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Safina retired in her singles match against Kuzi, guess AusOpen 1st round will be Nastyaīs first match of the year now.

Almalyk
Jan 10th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Safina retired in her singles match against Kuzi, guess AusOpen 1st round will be Nastyaīs first match of the year now.

Yes a finger injury. A wasted trip to Sydney? Or a valuable week worth of getting used to the conditions? I guess we will find out next week.

martirogi
Jan 10th, 2006, 01:44 AM
almalyk you've avatar is really great.

selyoink
Jan 10th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Hmmm...I can only hope that Nastya is one of those persons who cry because of everything and anything. Not another drama year, please.

That is exactly what I thought when I read the story. Lets hope nothing serious.

As for the doubles I could care less. I don't think Nastya needs any warm-up matches. Of course is she loses first round my tune will quickly change.

denine
Jan 10th, 2006, 06:48 AM
oh shit.:unsure: please please please let nastya be ok..

_LuCaS_
Jan 10th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Not even doubles. Damn :(

Spunky83
Jan 10th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Yes a finger injury. A wasted trip to Sydney? Or a valuable week worth of getting used to the conditions? I guess we will find out next week.

Easy for you to say sitting there down under without having to freeze your ass off everytime you wake up and go out and having a constantly running nose;)

Think itīs a good idea from her to attend Sydney. I mean itīs good to not only get used to the climate but also maybe play a few practice matches against the top players. Really curious to see how her non-playing attittude works out next week :confused:

Spunky83
Jan 10th, 2006, 07:10 AM
BTW...just saw that Dushevina and Yan actually played their first round against another opponent they practically killed in straight sets. Isnīt it a bit weird that they immediately had a substitute? Only a few hours after Safinaīs retirement from her match? Is that normal? Did they withdraw even prior to that already? Hmmm...

meyerpl
Jan 10th, 2006, 01:20 PM
I hope Nastya's reported sadness was due to learning that Safina had withdrawn. That would be a relief! I feared the worst.

Spunky83
Jan 10th, 2006, 04:53 PM
I hope Nastya's reported sadness was due to learning that Safina had withdrawn. That would be a relief! I feared the worst.

That would be great! (sorry for the blister though)

Almalyk
Jan 10th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Easy for you to say sitting there down under without having to freeze your ass off everytime you wake up and go out and having a constantly running nose;)

Think itīs a good idea from her to attend Sydney. I mean itīs good to not only get used to the climate but also maybe play a few practice matches against the top players. Really curious to see how her non-playing attittude works out next week :confused:

;) Well the weather is pretty good at the moment! I hope it doesn't rise anywhere near 40 in the next two weeks though!

I agree that going to Sydney is good for Nastya. It's the same time zone, relatively similar temperature to Melbourne, and she can get some practice in against other players. Although she should have come to Auckland, and she would have got a WC for sure ;) And a free tour of the city from me :)

AO is my favourite slam to follow even though it's not my fav slam proper. Its ther only one that's on at a decent time of day for me!

Almalyk
Jan 10th, 2006, 07:08 PM
almalyk you've avatar is really great.

Thanks! I had the one of Nastya looking evil with a knife - but someone else had the same one it seems - so I wanted my own one :angel:

Spunky83
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Andrew posted this on a-m.com guestbook:

I've just heard an interesting comment made by Anastasia. Yes, it is one of her more weirder ones.

Quote (When asked about Australia during her skywalk on the centre point tower) "Up here from the centre point tower I can see all of Sydney. I now know this place like my home city. I can see Nicole Kidman and 'Kurt Russels' houses from here.

Sorry Anastasia... wrong Russel. You mean the phone throwing Russel Crowe.

:cuckoo:

iine:
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:58 AM
:haha: nastya,nastya..:lol:

denine
Jan 11th, 2006, 11:05 AM
LMAO! what the hell??:haha: she knows where nicole kidman stays!? LOL

Spunky83
Jan 11th, 2006, 11:32 AM
This reminds me a bit of that scene from Titanic where Leo is at the bow(?) of the ship at the beginning of the movie with his latino friend and the letter one says, totally excited: "I can already see the Statue of Liberty, very small of course."

Spunky83
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Please no Hingis in first round
Please no Hingis in first round...ahhhhhh!!! There are 127 other players in the draw, Please no Hingis in first round :lol:

Canīt wait to see Nastyaīs draw. I looove slam draws!!! Just a few hours to go!

selyoink
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:00 PM
I actually wouldn't mind Hingis as long as they play on day 2. If she plays Hingis it means ESPN will televise a Nastya match in all probability. If it is on day 1 I won't be able to see it though since I will be away from home.

miffedmax
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Well, the good news is that my girls can't meet before the semis.

Lena needs a $(*#@ Slam more, though.

selyoink
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:13 PM
While I hope Lena does win a slam soon I'd much prefer Nastya to win another first. Maybe the two of them can sweep the 4 slams this year. Nastya can win AO and Wimbledon and Lena FO and USO. That would be nice. Too bad it will never happen.

martirogi
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:15 PM
yes!!! only a few hours. please nastya improve slam results this year.

martirogi
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:19 PM
maybe now that nastya has an official website maybe we'll get to know her schedule like other players :rolleyes:

Almalyk
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:31 PM
I actually wouldn't mind Hingis as long as they play on day 2. If she plays Hingis it means ESPN will televise a Nastya match in all probability. If it is on day 1 I won't be able to see it though since I will be away from home.

I actually don't mind if she plays Hingis - as long as it's in the second week :bounce: :kiss:

However, remember when she drew Molik in R1 at RG in 2004 just after she had lost to her in Fed Cup in Moscow... Draws that look bad often make Nastya do amazing things. Kremlin Cup 2004 is another example!

I'm getting excited about the draw - it's exactly 4 hours away now :eek:

_LuCaS_
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Whoever she draws I pray she's prepared to go deep.
Roll em over girl :bounce:

Almalyk
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:22 PM
As the 12th seed, in the third round she must play someone ranked between 17-23 right??? Shit! Most of those players are up and coming with big futures... Safina, Vaidisova, Ivanovic, ALG, Jankovic... - lets hope she gets someone out of form, or who hasn't played this year! We don't need another Jankovic Wimbledon 3rd round encounter...

_LuCaS_
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:40 PM
They stopped at the 3rd quarter :rolleyes:
Great

Almalyk
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:00 AM
schnyder
danilliidou
peer
asagoe
cornet
nakamura
ani
dulko
safina
garbin
vento-kabchi
arvidsson
jackson
qualifier
fedak
myskina
vaidisova
qualifier
chakvetadze
zheng
sucha
shashnova
qualifier
pennetta
mirza
qualifier
krajicek
brandi
loit
kutuzova
sun
mauresmo

Not bad - but same qtr as Momo! Should meet Dinara and Patty on the way, things going well!

Spunky83
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:07 AM
The draw is ok...3rd round Safina could be tricky (howīs she doing btw?), 4th round Schnyder is tough but managable...QF Momo...unless Momo falls into another Slam-chaos, thereīs no chance Nastya can overcome her. Still better draw than a lot of other people.

martirogi
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:10 AM
another qf is very doable here and id be happy if nastya is in good enough form to beat the players she should. nikkie v has a good chance of taking out momo so maybe myskina will play her to get into semis.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:40 AM
i quite like Nastya's draw
should get by 1st week

Nastya in a slam should be too much for Oafette.
Patty in 4th rd....... she could have got much tougher, so this one will do.

go Nastya ;) :D

selyoink
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:31 AM
I actually think this is a dream draw aside from Mauresmo. Her first couple matches should be easy but since were talking about Nastya one of them will probably be difficult. Safina isn't a big worry. Schnyder in the 4th round would be great even if the AO is where Patty has had her greatest success. Nastya has a very manageable draw to the quarters and is in the easiest quarter.

I am very happy with the draw.

Almalyk
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:32 AM
i quite like Nastya's draw
should get by 1st week

Nastya in a slam should be too much for Oafette.
Patty in 4th rd....... she could have got much tougher, so this one will do.

go Nastya ;) :D

I agree - but why is Dinara called Oafette :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:32 AM
I agree - but why is Dinara called Oafette :lol:

Marat is called OAF
she's his sister and has similar brainfarts :o

peanuts
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:37 AM
I'm a bit worried Nastya wasn't able to play any warm-up events. It's quite a good thing she's not in the top half of the draw. ;)

Go Nastya!

_LuCaS_
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Fedak had some sort of good results at the start of the season.
Safina could play more confident against her buddy. Remember the close match indoors they had. Indoors I say. Nastya's best.
Schnyder is tough.
But we gotta believe in our girl :hug:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Not bad at all draw for Nastya

Hope she will beat Momo at GS

Of cos Safina Patty on her way, but i think all agree better to have Patty in 4 rnd than juju

frenchie
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:14 AM
decent draw
I want a QF at least....

Spunky83
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Fedak had some sort of good results at the start of the season.
Safina could play more confident against her buddy. Remember the close match indoors they had. Indoors I say. Nastya's best.
Schnyder is tough.
But we gotta believe in our girl :hug:

the good thing is that Nastya was sick during their last match in Filderstadt and she still managed to win, whereas Dina was playing on top-level. Prior to that, Safina never won a set off Nastya. So basically Safina shouldnīt be a too huge problem. Schnyder is always a ???, you never know with her. Nastya has lost their two recent matches against each other.

denine
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Good draw! :) better to get schnyder than some others...

_LuCaS_
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:53 AM
I remember their last encounter so good.
It was in Doha. Nastya was in shit playing mood and still managed to have a MP.
It's a good draw. She better not mess up like in USO. She must have some sort of ambition to be back there in the top.
I am hungry for results :toothy:

Spunky83
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Another chance for a Nastya vs. Justine final...yeah!!! (a girl can dream;))

cindy
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:38 PM
am I the only one who don't like that draw!!!????...she will play momo in QF...I'm okay for anyone but momo!!!!
btw I agree if momo wasn't on that draw it will be a good draw

Bubba08
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:58 PM
We can't deny that it is a good draw, except perhaps the presence of Momo.
Btw, are the partnerships for the doubles already known somewhere or do we have to wait until the reveal of the final doubles draws? :confused:

Spunky83
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:02 PM
am I the only one who don't like that draw!!!????...she will play momo in QF...I'm okay for anyone but momo!!!!
btw I agree if momo wasn't on that draw it will be a good draw

Compared to the other quarters (especially the top one) itīs definetly the easiest one. Itīs not like Momo is unbeatable in slams. She might be unbeatable for Nastya as the latter one just canīt cope with the Frenchwomanīs game but overall itīs really the easiest one. Maybe Nastya can give Ivanovic a call sometime ;)

I am already happy that she doesnīt have to face Justine in the 4th round :angel:

goldenlox
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Mauresmo is a long way down the road. :sport:
Fedak just beat Likhovtseva in Sydney. :bigcry:
Lets get that first one. :cool:

_LuCaS_
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I knew Fedak did something good this year.

selyoink
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:39 PM
You guys aren't seriously worried about Fedak are you? If Nastya loses to her I'll probably give up all hope.

martirogi
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:45 PM
if she can live up to her seeding and then beat a top ten player in schnyder i'd be very satisfied. after last year it's just too ridiculous to assume she'll make the qf.

selyoink
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:42 AM
She needs to be able to live up to her seeding. And if she wants to establish herself as one of the top players again she needs to take advantage of this draw. Lets just hope for the best.

Spunky83
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:47 AM
She will play Tuesday...at least that means I basically only need to watch the night sessions on Monday morning here in Europe;)

frenchie
Jan 14th, 2006, 07:39 PM
She will play Tuesday...at least that means I basically only need to watch the night sessions on Monday morning here in Europe;)

For me it's OK because I will be at home next week (it's a "studying for the exams" week :tape: )
Hopefully I'll be able to watch her matches during the night because I have 2 or 3 channels that will broadcast the event :angel:

ARIANE 5
Jan 15th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Nastya play doubles with Safina.

First round vs. Bychkova/Ondraskova.

Come on girls

iced gem
Jan 15th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Nastya play doubles with Safina.

First round vs. Bychkova/Ondraskova.

Come on girls

They are seeded 13! I really like this combination - hopefully they will do well together! :bounce:

iine:
Jan 15th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Good luck Myskina/Safina!:yeah:

martirogi
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:02 PM
i found out the doubles draw was out and i wanted to see who she played with so i went to her profile on austalian open website but it said "events playing: singles" i was like that fucking whackjob myskina isn't playing doubles at a grand slam. she's so hilarious. but then i saw the draw and she's with safina. so i guess thats ok too. :yeah:

Spunky83
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:45 PM
I bet 10 of my v-bet dollars that she will also play mixed doubles! LOL

martirogi
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:52 PM
i bet 11 vcash that she wont :nerner:

Spunky83
Jan 15th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Teaming up with my one and only beau Radek Stepanek...how wonderful.

(and yes, that was a joke)

_LuCaS_
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:09 PM
We'll have a spicy 3rd round though

Almalyk
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Myskina/Safina :bowdown: can't wait!

Spunky83
Jan 15th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Just saw a tv-report about millionaires in Moscow. OMG! There were families who lived in buildings which looked like castles and that one guy, a bank owner, had a complete 5-story building next to his house, a sports palast, which had a tennis court in it, a fitness room, pool, football field, basketball...! I was so amazed! Itīs astonishing how crazily the rich guys there show off their social rank...I have friends whose parents are equally important and rich but still they live in a huge but normal looking house. You guys should have seen that. Itīs so freaky that in a country where the per capita income is around 140 US-Dollars and then having these few people who have so much.

The best thing: The tv team also followed a politician/economy guy inside a club with a lot of half naked girls, some special VIP night. Guess who was standing there in the background, ok not Nastya but nearly as funny...Marat Safin :lol: ...at first I only noticed weird hair but then I was like "Oh, thatīs Safin!"

denine
Jan 15th, 2006, 09:19 PM
:eek: i hope he wasn't with the half naked girls. :tape:

_LuCaS_
Jan 15th, 2006, 09:38 PM
:eek: i hope he wasn't with the half naked girls. :tape:
That would be so wrong ! Yikes

frenchie
Jan 15th, 2006, 09:41 PM
:lol: :lol:
Safin training hard for his come-back :tape:

denine
Jan 16th, 2006, 04:40 AM
lenaD and venus are out?!?!?! :eek:

martirogi
Jan 16th, 2006, 05:17 AM
lets hope myskina doesnt follow her friend lena d.

Daniel
Jan 16th, 2006, 05:25 AM
yep, it is always dangerous to come to a GS without playing any tournament before .

Hoepfully , Nastya will win tomorrow :) :bounce:

fleur137
Jan 16th, 2006, 05:51 AM
She's on first at Court 7. GO NASTYA!!

Spunky83
Jan 16th, 2006, 07:39 AM
lenaD and venus are out?!?!?! :eek:

Heh...lol

In was watching the Lena match and it was pretty clear that she wouldnīt make it. Anyhow Iīve also watched the first set of Venusī match and then went to bed (again). Woke up three hours later and the commentator says "already two top seeds out, Dementieva and Venus Williams". I was like :confused: ...ouch

Court 7...wuhhhuuuu :bounce: :lol:

frenchie
Jan 16th, 2006, 07:45 AM
There is no cameras on court 7 I think

_LuCaS_
Jan 16th, 2006, 07:52 AM
at least she's first on 7
livescore ppl !!!

Spunky83
Jan 16th, 2006, 07:52 AM
There is no cameras on court 7 I think

Yeah, so wuhhhhuuuu :lol: ...at least thereīs this pointtracker thing (without the graphic but with descriptions of the match) on the pop-up livescore.

Spunky83
Jan 16th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Serenaīs a bit...

frenchie
Jan 16th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Serenaīs a bit...

fat :tape:
1 serena = 3 nastya :lol:

Spunky83
Jan 16th, 2006, 08:23 AM

I hardly ever say that about another women but yeah...Nastya and Serena used to have the same weight.

LOL...my roomie just woke up (itīs 10:30 am now), saw me and said "hey! Youīre up early?" If thereīs one good thing about the AusOpen, it is to help me finally waking up before 12 am every day :angel:

denine
Jan 16th, 2006, 09:39 AM
:haha:

Serena looks really unfit on court right now. :tape:

Spunky83
Jan 16th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Come to think of it...11 am, that means Nastya has to wake up around 6 am with practice, driving to the venue, breakfast, drinking plenty of fluids, good look at weather (string tension), warm-up and most importantly make-up, hair and dress...

Prepare yourself for some serious sleepwalking on court, people :lol:

miffedmax
Jan 16th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Well, I hope the "I don't need to do a tuneup" theory works better for Nasty than it did for my two other faves.

Oh, what vomitous opening day.

frenchie
Jan 16th, 2006, 01:55 PM
OMG i'm becoming nervous and it's only 4pm!! :unsure:
When I think about tonight match my heart is already suffering :explode: :retard: . Don't forget it's Nastya: she can't win her first match in 2 easy sets :rolleyes: . Prepare for a lot of drama!!

Hope I'm wrong :confused:

Spunky83
Jan 16th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Well, I hope the "I don't need to do a tuneup" theory works better for Nasty than it did for my two other faves.

Oh, what vomitous opening day.

Didnīt Lena play in HK? Not a pro match either but at least thatīs better than uh - nothing. Although didnīt turn out to be a fine idea after all...sorry...I can only hope that Schruff wonīt jump around like she did after her "glorious" win over Nastya last year in Berlin where she told reporters: "They are nothing special. They just shower the same way I do." Maybe Schruffy finds a new comparison like "They use the john...". No, I donīt really like Schruff;)

miffedmax
Jan 16th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Didnīt Lena play in HK? Not a pro match either but at least thatīs better than uh - nothing. Although didnīt turn out to be a fine idea after all...sorry...I can only hope that Schruff wonīt jump around like she did after her "glorious" win over Nastya last year in Berlin where she told reporters: "They are nothing special. They just shower the same way I do." Maybe Schruffy finds a new comparison like "They use the john...". No, I donīt really like Schruff;)

Yes, she did, but only played two matches, then did nothing for a couple of weeks.

Wins against Nastya and Lena will put her on my shit list, too!

One of these days we'll have to decide who is the bigger headcase between our faves.

God, I hope Nasty does well. The way my faves are doing I half expect Federer and Roddick to crash out now.

ARIANE 5
Jan 16th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Please Nastya not like your friend Elean D., please.

Good and long nigth everybody :tape:

Almalyk
Jan 16th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Nastya makes her debut for 2006 today - isn't this what we have been waiting for for months? Lets get excited!

martirogi
Jan 16th, 2006, 07:02 PM
4 hours until the nastinator reappears!!!!

http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/teufel/fork_off.gif http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/teufel/fork_off.gif http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/teufel/fork_off.gif http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/teufel/fork_off.gif

Spunky83
Jan 16th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Nastya makes her debut for 2006 today - isn't this what we have been waiting for for months? Lets get excited!

Actually as I only had 4 hours of interrupted sleep last night...I feel more like sleeping right now

Almalyk
Jan 16th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Actually as I only had 4 hours of interrupted sleep last night...I feel more like sleeping right now

LOL! I know how you feel! At least you only have bad viewing hours when AO is on! It's awful for me when the FO, Wimby and USO are on...!!! I am up all night, and walk round like a zombie. :devil:

noursette
Jan 16th, 2006, 07:35 PM
who is going to follow the match in live?
I am going to follow, it will be 1am when the match is going to begin, it's correct :) lol

martirogi
Jan 16th, 2006, 08:03 PM
luckily she's first on court. it will only be 7pm here. :D

_LuCaS_
Jan 16th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Zombie LuCaS at your service :lol:
Ready for a 3AM ride? ;)

Spunky83
Jan 16th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Everyone gather at a-m.comīs chat during the match!!! Hehe...it was worth a try.

_LuCaS_
Jan 16th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Everyone gather at a-m.comīs chat during the match!!! Hehe...it was worth a try.
No harm there ;)

fleur137
Jan 16th, 2006, 08:54 PM
too bad they're not gonna show this on aussie telly. i'm dying to see nastya play again.

noursette
Jan 16th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Federer plays all at once grrr :(

denine
Jan 16th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Its 6am here. and i'll be in school while she plays:rolleyes: great...just great :(

Spunky83
Jan 16th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Thereīs no camera anyway I think.

denine
Jan 16th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Livescores.. always exciting for me.;)

denine
Jan 16th, 2006, 09:28 PM
anyway.. i'm off to school. Good luck!:)

Almalyk
Jan 16th, 2006, 09:58 PM
This will be my first official ride as part of the 3AM Rollercoaster - what can I expect? LOL!

frenchie
Jan 16th, 2006, 10:18 PM
hello I'm here too for the scoreboard chat too!!
38 min to go

Spunky83
Jan 16th, 2006, 10:23 PM
This will be my first official ride as part of the 3AM Rollercoaster - what can I expect? LOL!

Expect the unexpected...

Spunky83
Jan 16th, 2006, 10:36 PM
http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/chat/AMChat.html

CHAT CHAT CHAT...real time freaking out...funnier than here;)

miffedmax
Jan 16th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Expect the unexpected...

Spunky, the queen of understatement.

Spunky83
Jan 16th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Spunky, the queen of understatement.

OK...Expect EVERTHING AND EVEN MORE :sad: :lol: :sad: :lol: :sad:

Almalyk
Jan 17th, 2006, 12:10 AM
OK - yes a stressful first set- but a set won!

frenchie
Jan 17th, 2006, 12:14 AM
7-6/1-0
I hope she wins in 2

noursette
Jan 17th, 2006, 12:37 AM
7-6 6-1 youpi :)

Thauron
Jan 17th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Nastya won 7-6(6), 6-1
Quite a struggle, especially the first set.
But 31 winners isn't too bad - bit too much errors and especially the service games didn't went as smooth as they should.
But anyway - not that bad for a first match of the year - things should only go better as she gets some match rhitm.
Well done, Myskina

Almalyk
Jan 17th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Seems a much better (and quicker) second set!
At least off to a winning start in 2006!

Good to see all those winners, but a few UE too. Seems Nastya must have dictated a lot of points with either her winners or her errors.

frenchie
Jan 17th, 2006, 12:43 AM
solid win and nice start of the season

cindy
Jan 17th, 2006, 12:52 AM
congrats nastya! keep on playing like that (especialy like the second set)

angiee3
Jan 17th, 2006, 01:02 AM
well done nastya....

miffedmax
Jan 17th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Let's see . . . Lena blows off the warmups and gets stomped.
Venus blows off the warmups and gets bumped off.

Nasty? Of course she wins.

Good old Nasty. I should have known.

Hope she keeps it up.

Spunky83
Jan 17th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Next match everyone attend the a-m.com chatroom. It was really funny, just ask Lucas or Martirogi;)

denine
Jan 17th, 2006, 02:02 AM
:woohoo:

selyoink
Jan 17th, 2006, 03:38 AM
Yes Nastya won! Had she lost I would have lost interest in the tournament with Tati and Lena D having both crashed out in round 1. I still have Nastya and lesser favs like ALG, Lena L., and Justine.

Good start Nastya.

iine:
Jan 17th, 2006, 04:53 AM
yehey nastya!keep it going.:woohoo:

cindy
Jan 17th, 2006, 08:50 AM
OMG! nastya won AND reese witherspoon won the golden globe!!!!
isn't a perfect day!?

Foot's Fingers
Jan 17th, 2006, 12:18 PM
quite close first set

good second

Congrats with a nice start of a year!!!

GO Nastya!!!

Foot's Fingers
Jan 17th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Match Summary
Fedak (UKR) Myskina (RUS)

1st Serve % 43 of 75 = 57 % 39 of 72 = 54 %

Double Faults 4 4

Unforced Errors 27 42

Winning % on 1st Serve 23 of 43 = 53 % 23 of 39 = 59 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 15 of 32 = 47 % 18 of 33 = 55 %

Winners (Including Service) 10 31

Receiving Points Won 31 of 72 = 43 % 37 of 75 = 49 %

Break Point Conversions 3 of 10 = 30 % 5 of 11 = 45 %

Net Approaches 4 of 4 = 100 % 11 of 17 = 65 %

Total Points Won 69 78

_LuCaS_
Jan 17th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Match Summary
Fedak (UKR) Myskina (RUS)

Net Approaches 4 of 4 = 100 % 11 of 17 = 65 %

:eek:
Maybe she did some serve and volley :)

goldenlox
Jan 17th, 2006, 02:54 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/MEL11601170234.jpg

Anastasia Myskina of Russia reacts in a match against Yuliana Fedak of Ukraine during the Australian Open Tennis Tournament in Melbourne, Australia, Tuesday, Jan 17, 2006. Myskina won the match 7-6, 8-6, 6-1. (AP Photo/Eugene Hoshiko)

Spunky83
Jan 17th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Maybe she did some serve and volley :)

That wouldnīt be bad. She can hit pretty great approach shots but she just goes back to the baseline every time. Itīs not like her volleys are that bad.

KV
Jan 17th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Difficulties in first set made up in second set. Nastya in the next round as expected. :D

Spunky83
Jan 17th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Still amazed about the 31 winners (and 42 UEs). She must have had hitten the ball quite brutally. At least that means that it was either her making the winners or making the mistakes, so she was clearly the leading player on the court.

Jackson should be ok I guess. Two sets, easier than the first match, predict something like 6-3 6-4.

martirogi
Jan 17th, 2006, 04:48 PM
but safina's been playing really good this year :scared:

selyoink
Jan 17th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Nastya is usually extra motivated when she plays the other russians. She should be able to get past Safina if they play. Safina sure did obliterate Garbin though.

the cat
Jan 17th, 2006, 06:30 PM
It's time for La Legs (Nastya) to have another good grand slam tournament. :)

Almalyk
Jan 17th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Still amazed about the 31 winners (and 42 UEs). She must have had hitten the ball quite brutally. At least that means that it was either her making the winners or making the mistakes, so she was clearly the leading player on the court.

Jackson should be ok I guess. Two sets, easier than the first match, predict something like 6-3 6-4.

I agree, form the look of the statistics - Nastya was controlling the points with her winners or her errors. I'm less worried about the second round now! But i'll be following Dinara's 2nd round match closely and hope she isn't as dominating as her first round!

Almalyk
Jan 17th, 2006, 07:30 PM
http://www.anastasiya-myskina.ru/FBB/viewtopic.php?p=173#173

The above is a link to an article in Russian on Nastya's official Russian site. Much of the article is about what Nastya and the Russian's think of Hingis. Apparently, she is not well liked within Russian tennis at all, and even Nastya criticises her quite strongly.

Apparently Nastya is annoyed that Hingis has called Svetlana Kuznetsova a "terminator" in relation to what Hingis feels is her harshness, and her tough looks. Similar to the Momo comments of years passed perhaps??

Hingis has also told Nastya after their first match together that she will go no where in tennis.

Spunky83
Jan 17th, 2006, 07:35 PM
I agree, form the look of the statistics - Nastya was controlling the points with her winners or her errors. I'm less worried about the second round now! But i'll be following Dinara's 2nd round match closely and hope she isn't as dominating as her first round!

I am not really sure how much Safinaīs easy wins lately can be seen as an indicator for a possible 3rd round match against Nastya. I think with them itīs like Lena L./D. vs. Nastya. It doesnīt matter where they are ranked or how bad or well they have played tourneys, the matches kinda have their own rules.

I wonder if this match would be interesting enough for at least a court which is covered by cameras cause I am sure Nastya vs. Jackson is another court x-casualty.

Spunky83
Jan 17th, 2006, 07:49 PM

The above is a link to an article in Russian on Nastya's official Russian site. Much of the article is about what Nastya and the Russian's think of Hingis. Apparently, she is not well liked within Russian tennis at all, and even Nastya criticises her quite strongly.

Apparently Nastya is annoyed that Hingis has called Svetlana Kuznetsova a "terminator" in relation to what Hingis feels is her harshness, and her tough looks. Similar to the Momo comments of years passed perhaps??

Hingis has also told Nastya after their first match together that she will go no where in tennis.

Without wanting to comment on that directly as the media tends to blow everything up...this is what she said in an interview with Franceīs Tennis Magazine in January 2004:

Question:
"Do you have the feeling that Martina Híngis has been discouraged by the power of the others?"

- "Martina took the right decision. She was not only the number one, she was the sweetest girl on the world too. During years sheīs been at the top. An injury didnīt let her to give the maximum. It surely emphasized her reflection about the future orientation of the game, always with more power. And after that injury it would have been hard to come back to her former level . She couldnīt be satisfied by being the number 8 or 10. I understand that a girl who has been number one doesnīt accept performances which arenīt as good as they were before."

Whatever the truth is, I donīt care. Itīs not like I have chosen my faves according to how friendly they are with each other anway :tape:

Spunky83
Jan 17th, 2006, 07:52 PM
"Do you want me to serve or break you first?"

Sheīs an bitchy ass but thatīs just part of her...itīs fun.

Almalyk
Jan 17th, 2006, 08:01 PM
I am not really sure how much Safinaīs easy wins lately can be seen as an indicator for a possible 3rd round match against Nastya. I think with them itīs like Lena L./D. vs. Nastya. It doesnīt matter where they are ranked or how bad or well they have played tourneys, the matches kinda have their own rules.

I wonder if this match would be interesting enough for at least a court which is covered by cameras cause I am sure Nastya vs. Jackson is another court x-casualty.

I hate Nastya playing on Court X : We can't even see her serve stats, and there is even no chance of a match point highlight on Australian/NZ TV. :sad:

fleur137
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:27 PM
^sucks i noe!

Spunky83
Jan 18th, 2006, 05:49 AM
Showcourt, meaning cameras...although donīt expect to see much from it.

Court 3: Second after a womens match, plus doubles on court 7.

fleur137
Jan 18th, 2006, 06:33 AM
i don't fink they'll show it either. they'll prob show a teeny weeny segment like the set or match winning pt in their report from outside courts and that will be it. anyway, what's Jamea Jackson like?

Foot's Fingers
Jan 18th, 2006, 06:45 AM

thnks for the link

Smthng new abt Myskina ;)

Good Luck in both matches tomorrow

frenchie
Jan 18th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Nastya is also playing mixed doubles with Melzer!

lots of matches :rolleyes: she should concentrate more on the singles

fleur137
Jan 18th, 2006, 08:09 AM
^yeah she should. doubles is ok but mixed is a bit too much imo. she really needs to pile on those pts while she can and capitalise on her lack of pts from this time last year. oh well. perhaps mixed is just for fun.

Foot's Fingers
Jan 18th, 2006, 08:17 AM
What a draw for Nastya !!!

Mahesh Bhupathi IND
Martina Hingis SUI
vs.
Yeu-Tzuoo Wang TPE
Na Li CHN

Jurgen Melzer AUT
Anastasia Myskina RUS
vs.
Jonas Bjorkman SWE (2)
Lisa Raymond USA (2)

fleur137
Jan 18th, 2006, 08:36 AM
gosh i don't even know what to say about that draw...

Almalyk
Jan 18th, 2006, 08:40 AM

Mahesh Bhupathi IND
Martina Hingis SUI
vs.
Yeu-Tzuoo Wang TPE
Na Li CHN

Jurgen Melzer AUT
Anastasia Myskina RUS
vs.
Jonas Bjorkman SWE (2)
Lisa Raymond USA (2)

What a terrible draw! Might be a good thing - can't have her losing all her energy in mixed - especially if it is hot! Although playing a bit more might help her confidence if she needs it!

Foot's Fingers
Jan 18th, 2006, 09:35 AM
What a terrible draw! Might be a good thing - can't have her losing all her energy in mixed - especially if it is hot! Although playing a bit more might help her confidence if she needs it!

i think if Nastya go far in singles she will throw away this mixed

_LuCaS_
Jan 18th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Nastya is also playing mixed doubles with Melzer!

lots of matches :rolleyes: she should concentrate more on the singles
It's not like they're gonna win it anyway

Bubba08
Jan 18th, 2006, 11:32 AM
It's not like they're gonna win it anyway
Yep, I don't want to be pessimistic but she will probably loose her mixed doubles's first round.

martirogi
Jan 18th, 2006, 11:45 AM
melzer played horrible in his singles match, but i have a feeling they might actually win a couple rounds :tape:

iine:
Jan 18th, 2006, 11:46 AM

Mahesh Bhupathi IND
Martina Hingis SUI
vs.
Yeu-Tzuoo Wang TPE
Na Li CHN

Jurgen Melzer AUT
Anastasia Myskina RUS
vs.
Jonas Bjorkman SWE (2)
Lisa Raymond USA (2)
:eek: with melzer??.. :confused: jürgen, du glückspilz! .. good luck to both of them :yeah:

denine
Jan 18th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Brilliant draw...!:tape:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Myskina - mixed doubles AO 2006 Champoin!!!!

Sounds perfect!

Why not?

Spunky83
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:08 PM
:eek: with melzer??.. :confused: jürgen, du glückspilz! .. good luck to both of them :yeah:

Hehe...die Frisur machtīs;)

First round against Jonas Bjorkman and Lisa Raymond...I predict a fast 1-6 3-6 loss. Bjorkman is a doubles hero, Nastya should know about it as they have reached the semis at the FO last year.

@Martirogi: So, I think youīve lost your bet.

denine
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Maybe something as close to a miracle might happen..:tape:

iine:
Jan 18th, 2006, 05:40 PM

First round against Jonas Bjorkman and Lisa Raymond...I predict a fast 1-6 3-6 loss. Bjorkman is a doubles hero, Nastya should know about it as they have reached the semis at the FO last year.

Ja, der Jürgen schaut mit der neuen Frisur viel fescher aus. :hearts: Tommy Haas gefällt mir aber besser. :drool: :hearts:

A bad draw for Myskina and Melzer, Björkman/Raymond will be a very tough one.

martirogi
Jan 18th, 2006, 07:54 PM

@Martirogi: So, I think youīve lost your bet.

i bet you doubles she wins the first round match :lol:

frenchie
Jan 18th, 2006, 08:41 PM
there are a few news about Nastya's schedule for the year
She's not commited in Dubai (strange because she used to play every year) however she will play Indian wells and of course Miami since this event became compulsory

frenchie
Jan 18th, 2006, 08:58 PM
I just checked and she's also playing Doha.
No surprise here, she has a lot of good memories there

That means she'll play 5 weeks in a row (qatar, IW and Miami)

martirogi
Jan 18th, 2006, 10:03 PM
can someone make a commitment thread like last year?

Almalyk
Jan 18th, 2006, 10:09 PM
I just checked and she's also playing Doha.
No surprise here, she has a lot of good memories there

That means she'll play 5 weeks in a row (qatar, IW and Miami)

Thanks so much! Where did you find it!? I'm pleased she is playing some big events - good possibilities for big points! :angel:

fleur137
Jan 18th, 2006, 10:54 PM
^yepz!! she doesn't have much to defend until like after wimbly right? i hope not cos she really needs those points!

Spunky83
Jan 19th, 2006, 12:16 AM
i bet you doubles she wins the first round match :lol:

no

I am awake again...2 am here, Iīve slept 4 hours. Bring it on :bounce:

Daniel
Jan 19th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Nastya down 2-4 in 1st set :( :(

Daniel
Jan 19th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Nastya broke back. *3-4 :)

Almalyk
Jan 19th, 2006, 01:43 AM
God what a fucking horrible match thus far - Nastya serving to stay in first set at *5-6

About 7 winners altogether and 45 plus errors.

sinterklaasje
Jan 19th, 2006, 01:52 AM
pheww, she won the first set

sinterklaasje
Jan 19th, 2006, 01:54 AM
apparantely, she prefers to do it the hard way
this is so stressful, I won't be able to sleep tonight (or nearly morning) if she continues to play like that :(

Almalyk
Jan 19th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Suffering, anguish, agony, torture, rollercoaster, persecution, torment, are my words to describe that painful first set win - please do better in the second set!

I can't believe you saved 3 set points from 5-6 0-40 though :scared:

No Name Face
Jan 19th, 2006, 01:58 AM
Nastya :hearts:

Good luck, girl!

Almalyk
Jan 19th, 2006, 01:58 AM
:scared: who stole all of Nastya's winners today?

Daniel
Jan 19th, 2006, 02:00 AM
:bigcry: Nastya down 0-2 in second set :smash:

Daniel
Jan 19th, 2006, 02:01 AM

make Nastya is donw 0-3 :sad: :sad:

What is going on Nastya?

sinterklaasje
Jan 19th, 2006, 02:03 AM
I think she fell asleep (while I'm struggling to stay awake :( )

Almalyk
Jan 19th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Nastya has only won 2 points in the entire second set so far!!!!

Daniel
Jan 19th, 2006, 02:15 AM
Nastya lost second set 0-6 :sad: :sad:

Almalyk
Jan 19th, 2006, 02:15 AM
That second set must have to be the worst of her career
- plain horrible

Almalyk
Jan 19th, 2006, 02:16 AM
Concentrate in the third please Nastya - hold serve for a start!!

Daniel
Jan 19th, 2006, 02:24 AM
omg, she had 3 gp and lost the game. now 0-1 . :(

Almalyk
Jan 19th, 2006, 02:25 AM
omg, she had 3 gp and lost the game. now 0-1 . :(

Terrible... She came out and hit 3 straight winners and I thought she must have tanked the second set - but then she lost the first game of the third. :sad:

Almalyk
Jan 19th, 2006, 02:30 AM
1-1 finally she wins a game! Now HOLD or I will defemonstrate my computer :angry:

sinterklaasje
Jan 19th, 2006, 02:46 AM
:dying:
she's wasting so many GP and BP :(

sinterklaasje
Jan 19th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Nastya wins 7-6 0-6 6-3
finally, I can go to bed :d

Daniel
Jan 19th, 2006, 03:05 AM
omg :o :o

finally she won!! :)

next match win easily and faster Nastya :hug:

selyoink
Jan 19th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Luke Jensen said Nastya tanked the second set once she fell behind. He said she was crying due to her breathing problems and that the trainers rushed out to her and it was dangerous for her to keep playing.

Nastya really had to gut this one out. I wonder if she will still play doubles?

Glad she prevailed. Lets hope these breathing troubles aren't a recurring problem the rest of the tournament.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 19th, 2006, 03:07 AM
PHEW Nastya :D :) :hug:

that was too close to call

but she won :)
hope she recovers quick after heatstroke too.

please put her match on Vodafone on Saturday :)

martirogi
Jan 19th, 2006, 03:12 AM
very proud of your fight myskina. good job.

_LuCaS_
Jan 19th, 2006, 03:25 AM
please put her match on Vodafone on Saturday :)
We wish
:hug: girl, get some rest

Epigone
Jan 19th, 2006, 03:29 AM
Nastya :clap2: :dance:

Look after yourself :hug:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 19th, 2006, 04:02 AM
Nastya plays Sofia Arvidsson in 3rd rd
and not Dinara

Nastya is last russian in bottom half :(
come on Nastya, good luck :)

had she played Oafette, she stood more chance of playing on Vodafone, now unlikely :( :(

selyoink
Jan 19th, 2006, 05:14 AM
She should be able to beat Arvidsson but not if there is a repeat of today. It is certainly a favorable third round match. Sofia maybe playing the best tennis of her career right now though.

Daniel
Jan 19th, 2006, 05:35 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060119/capt.mel17801190631.australia_open_tennis_mel178.j pg

Anastasia Myskina of Russia reacts to winning a point during her match with Jamea Jackson of the United States Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006, at the Australian Open Tennis in Melbourne, Australia. Myskina defeated Jackson 7-6, 0-6, 6-3 in the second round match.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060119/capt.mel17401190624.australia_open_tennis_mel174.j pg

Anastasia Myskina of Russia cools off between games during her match with Jamea Jackson of the United States Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006, at the Australian Open Tennis in Melbourne, Australia. Myskina defeated Jackson 7-6, 0-6, 6-3 in the second round match.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060119/capt.mel17601190629.australia_open_tennis_mel176.j pg

Anastasia Myskina of Russia rest against her racket during her match with Jamea Jackson of the United States Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006, at the Australian Open Tennis in Melbourne, Australia. Myskina defeated Jackson 7-6, 0-6, 6-3 in the second round match.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060119/capt.mel17501190625.australia_open_tennis_mel175.j pg

Anastasia Myskina of Russia returns a shot during her match with Jamea Jackson of the United States Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006, at the Australian Open Tennis in Melbourne, Australia. Myskina defeated Jackson 7-6, 0-6, 6-3 in the second round match.

Foot's Fingers
Jan 19th, 2006, 06:31 AM
i was ready to break all furnuture during this match

Thnks God she won

Nastya another such kind of match will make me mad

Hope I have at least 1 day for recover before Sofia-Nastya match

Foot's Fingers
Jan 19th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Myskina Survives Lapse
Thursday, 19 January, 2006
by Bren O'Brien

Women's No.12 seed Anastasia Myskina has survived a tense battle on Show Court Three against America's Jamea Jackson to progress to the third round of Australian Open 2006.

Myskina, the 2004 French Open champion, endured a second-set lapse, breathing problems, and 50 unforced errors in the match, before prevailing 7-6 (7/4) 0-6 6-3 in two hours and seven minutes in the sapping Melbourne heat.

There were 14 breaks of serve during the match, with Myskina coming from a break down in the first set to win it in a tie-breaker, before lapsing badly in the second set, winning just three points on her own serve.

Myskina was treated for breathing issues, and seemed to recover well in the decider, breaking her opponent four times and setting up a clash with either No.19 seed Dinara Safina or Sweden's Sofia Arvidsson.

• Myskina made 50 unforced errors, while Jackson made 53

• There were 35 break-point chances during the match, 20 to Jackson and 15 to Myskina

• Myskina served the only two aces of the match

• Myskina won 99 points, Jackson 98

frenchie
Jan 19th, 2006, 06:51 AM
OMG I just wake up to see the result!
0-6 in the second....because of breathe problems

Did anyone see the match?

Spunky83
Jan 19th, 2006, 06:52 AM
I feel a bit bad for having "abonded" Nastya after the second set by going to bed which was the first time that I ever did this. Actually I was surprised to see her name on the left side with a "def." in the middle when I woke up.

And I am surprised that Safina lost.

Foot's Fingers
Jan 19th, 2006, 06:56 AM
I feel a bit bad for having "abonded" Nastya after the second set by going to bed which was the first time that I ever did this. Actually I was surprised to see her name on the left side with a "def." in the middle when I woke up.

I am ready to forgive you if it helps Nastya at future to win 3sets matches :devil: :worship:

Nastya/Dinara need to play doubles today as well :tape:

Hope no heat at evening at AO

denine
Jan 19th, 2006, 07:07 AM
err.. :tape: What happened in the second set?!?!

Foot's Fingers
Jan 19th, 2006, 07:13 AM
err.. :tape: What happened in the second set?!?!

total collaps from Nastya

selyoink
Jan 19th, 2006, 07:34 AM

Bad Spunky abandoning Nastya. :fiery: ;)

Foot's Fingers
Jan 19th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Nastya/Dinara won first set 6-4

Foot's Fingers
Jan 19th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Myskina/Safina def. Bychkova/Ondraskova 64 63

Thet were serving for match at 5-2 but were broken but were able to make a break in next game

cindy
Jan 19th, 2006, 08:14 AM
well....it looks like lil survivor is coming back! hopefully she managed to win this first set!!!!! I think she is trying to do the same thing than wimbly last year....same QF same scaring match before! I hope it will not be the same issue against momo
good luck in your double nastya and dina

_LuCaS_
Jan 19th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Nice win in the doubles :bigclap:
Jamea played pretty good in the beg of the 2nd and out of a sudden it was 3-0...there was a bit of a fight for the 4th game and then she tanked the set.

frenchie
Jan 19th, 2006, 08:25 AM
I was an exhausting day for Nastya but she'll have to play another doubles match friday. I hope she recovers from the heat!

BTW I don't think we should wait for an easy match against ardvisson...

Spunky83
Jan 19th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Am I wrong or are troubled early matches far better than easy matches for Nastya in order to reach the later stages of a slam?

Come to think of it...;)

btw, quote from L.A. Times: http://www.latimes.com/sports/tennis/la-sp-tennis19jan19,1,3209141.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

"Myskina was speaking for a moment in the hallway and quickly returned to the locker room, needing to comfort her countrywoman Dinara Safina, who lost to unheralded Sofia Arvidsson of Sweden in the second round."

Must have been a weird feeling for her as she expected Safina to become her next opponent, plus they also had to play doubles later the day.

...and something else: I got a part-time job in a television channel company (WDR), assisting the daily news programme. Yay...this is a good day :bounce:

Thauron
Jan 19th, 2006, 11:40 AM
That's great news, Spunky. Congratulations!
It must be wonderful for you to find a job which suits you and your interests so perfectly.
I wish you the best of luck with your new job.

frenchie
Jan 19th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Congratulations Spunky for your new job!!

BTW it's my birthday today!
I'm 20 now

denine
Jan 19th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Happy Birthday frenchie! :)

meyerpl
Jan 19th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Congratulations on your new job, Spunky. You have a bright future! :worship:

miffedmax
Jan 19th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Way to go Spunky! I am sure you will never become a bitter, jaded, cynical bastard like my media-employed friends and I are . . . (no, really, it's fun and you'll love it).

Happy b-day to Frenchie!

Go Nastya!

Spunky83
Jan 19th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Congratulations Spunky for your new job!!

BTW it's my birthday today!
I'm 20 now

Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday dear Frenchie, Happy Birthday to You!!! (Just imagine me singing this;)) :aparty:

Hope you will have a nice party!

As for the job, itīs just a part-time thing and nothing too important like working the autocue for the news-anchors and copy stuff :confused: However the good thing is that the channel broadcasts the ARAG World Team Cup annually being the main broadcaster. The woman Iīve talked to during my job interview told me that I may work with other teams too if I am interested and I will do everything to have a chance to participate in a (live)-interview with a certain Mr. Roddick, so...even during job interviews all I can think of is tennis :lol:

frenchie
Jan 19th, 2006, 01:21 PM
thank you all for your messages! :kiss: :kiss:
you're great :worship:

denine
Jan 19th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday dear Frenchie, Happy Birthday to You!!! (Just imagine me singing this;)) :aparty:

Hope you will have a nice party!

As for the job, itīs just a part-time thing and nothing too important like working the autocue for the news-anchors and copy stuff :confused: However the good thing is that the channel broadcasts the ARAG World Team Cup annually being the main broadcaster. The woman Iīve talked to during my job interview told me that I may work with other teams too if I am interested and I will do everything to have a chance to participate in a (live)-interview with a certain Mr. Roddick, so...even during job interviews all I can think of is tennis :lol:

me too.:lol:

goldenlox
Jan 19th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Anastasia's draw is exceptional. It will be interesting to see how far she goes.
If she can get to week 2, and find her week 2 form of RG 2004, she has a shot at the whole thing.

martirogi
Jan 19th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Anastasia's draw is exceptional. It will be interesting to see how far she goes.
If she can get to week 2, and find her week 2 form of RG 2004, she has a shot at the whole thing.

if she doesnt play better she won't get past the next round :tape:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRENCHIE :wavey:

goldenlox
Jan 19th, 2006, 03:49 PM

That's why it's a great draw, or she'd be gone already.
She can work her way into form this week.
If she keeps playing like this, then it's going to be another long year.

KV
Jan 19th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Happily Nastya won that's all what matters.

miffedmax
Jan 19th, 2006, 04:33 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRENCHIE :wavey:

Yes, but with Nasty how she played today is no indicator of how she'll play tomorrow.

cindy
Jan 19th, 2006, 04:53 PM
congrats spunky!!!! I'm sure you'll do well...soon we will see you interviewing nastya for sure ; )
joyeux anniversaire frenchie!!!!

selyoink
Jan 19th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Happy Birthday Frenchie!

ARIANE 5
Jan 19th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Joyeux anniversaire Frenchie :dance:

Good job Nastya ;)

Spunky83
Jan 19th, 2006, 05:31 PM
congrats spunky!!!! I'm sure you'll do well...soon we will see you interviewing nastya for sure ; )
joyeux anniversaire frenchie!!!!

Seems like no one knows it but actually cool_olga (ola) had an interview with her in 2004 already. For those of you who havenīt read it yet, click here:

http://www.anastasia-myskina.com/main/interviews/sopot.htm

martirogi
Jan 19th, 2006, 06:04 PM
:eek: how did she get to interview myskina?

Spunky83
Jan 19th, 2006, 06:15 PM
:eek: how did she get to interview myskina?

Are you underestimating the mighty influence a-m.com has on her (and on staff executives)? :devil:

Ola had a press-pass, she went to the tourney, asked Nastya if she received the traditional a-m.com present (someone gave it to her in Canada I think), Nastya smiled, said yes and told Cutie J that Ola was the girl from the website with the present, they chatted a bit, met again after another practice session, Ola asked for an interview although a lot of other journalists wanted to have one, Nastya told the tourney media guy that she would prefer to give Ola an interview, they did the interview, then at her last press-conference before she pulled out to go to the Olympics, they hugged and said goodbye.

This was the short version;) Sheīs just incredibly friendly towards fans, no matter in what happy/frustrated/stressful/sad/pissed off situation she is :kiss:

selyoink
Jan 19th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Ola is a lucky person to get to interview Nastya.

Nastya seems like such a sweet girl but I still love the bitchy remarks about matches and other players.

Almalyk
Jan 19th, 2006, 07:45 PM

Don't worry Spunky - at 1-1 in the third I left too... Staying any longer would have severely caused harm to my health. I almost dies of shock when Nasyafan text me she had won :)

Almalyk
Jan 19th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Congrats Spunky - welcome to a similar job to mine (although i'm not longer a student but a full time worker :( )

Happy birthday Frenchie!!

If Nastya can hang in there and play well - she has a great draw!

frenchie
Jan 19th, 2006, 07:59 PM

:eek: :eek:
That's a scary but very true statement!
If Nastya can keep winning against Sofia and Patty, the real test will be Mauresmo but Momo was far from impressive in her previous matches!
Actually nobody really impressed me so far (except Mary :tape: in her 1st match) so let see what will happen :confused:

Almalyk
Jan 19th, 2006, 08:05 PM
This is a very unpredictable GS - I like it. Nastya is always unpredictable but I see her in QF - I can stay positive, even though yesterday aged me 4508 years.

Meeek
Jan 19th, 2006, 08:07 PM
[/B]

:eek: :eek:
That's a scary but very true statement!
If Nastya can keep winning against Sofia and Patty, the real test will be Mauresmo but Momo was far from impressive in her previous matches!
Actually nobody really impressed me so far (except Mary :tape: in her 1st match) so let see what will happen :confused:

Momo needs to get passed Misa first... I can see Misa beating her. Though I don't know what to expect of that match.

Hope she won't have respiratory problems again :unsure: