PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Athletic Anastasia Myskina !!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

tenn_ace
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:00 PM
I'm glad girls kissed each when they shaked hands... with all the tension in this match, it's good for them to aknowledge each other.

goldenlox
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:27 PM
And this was an important match. IMG is telling the tennis media that Maria is the most talented Russian, and belittling everything Nastya has accomplished.
Anyone who heard Tracy Austin at the US Open knows this.
And just like last year when Lena D. won back to back tournaments, Nastya met the challenge in front of her, and fought, and competed. And succeeded.

JLDementieva
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Great win for Nastya! But, I really was disappointed in the second set, I was glad she was able to keep her cool (kinda) in the third set and win!
Didn't Tracy Austin say that she doesn't think Nastya will ever make it to the top 5? Well, she's dead wrong!!!!
GOOOOOOO Anastasia!!!

cool_olga
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Yep, she doesn't know what she is saying :(

It just makes me mad when I read on board when Maria's fan say that 'all the experts' say Maria will be #1 in the future but Anastasia not...
For me it's bullshit, you never know that. I don't know if Nastya can be no.1 but she definitely can make top 5 ranking and I really belove in it. She is getting betetr and better. As for comparission Masha and Nastya, Maria from the beginning had this luck to train in one of the best tennis academy and she had money to go to many tournament. Nastya had to deal with one guy to give her needed money and then give it back, so her tennis way was ,much more tougher..
Now she is showing how she really is able to play :D
Go and kick some butts there Nastya !!!

LeonHart
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Nastya played great, she will definitly crack the top 5.

Keith17
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Nastya shouldn't speak English in her interviews, until she learns to speak it better... she can easily get in trouble with the media hounds, nowadays.

Nastya will definitely reach Top 5 in the world by Miami, after Serena and Jennifer have to defend all their points.

goldenlox
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:36 PM
I agree. Nastya will be in the top 5 this spring.
I'd like to see Nastya play Kim next week. Maybe Kim's not 100% healthy. Who knows.
First, a tough match with Rubin.

Keith17
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Kim's results this week suggests that she's healthy.

Nastya won't beat Kim this week. Nothing wrong with another fine QF performance.

goldenlox
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:40 PM
With Venus out, that Kim match is like a semifinal. I hope Nastya gets there.
It could be the biggest match of Nastya's career.

Keith17
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Nastya will get by Chanda, if she doesn't implode. The Kim match would be important.

I wouldn't say the ensuing SF match would be a given, however. The way Lisa played last night would be very tough for Nastya to defeat.

goldenlox
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I've seen Rubin play very well. I think that match is tough.
It's why I wanted a walkover yesterday. But I'll take the win against Ms. Hype.

the cat
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Anastasia's like a Bolshoi Ballerina in sneakers! :D She moves so beautifully and efficiently. :) And it was her mobilty and excellent defense that won her the match against Sharapova. Maria made 55 unforced errors. But some of those errors were a direct result Anastasia playing great defense and getting the ball back into play.

tenn_ace and ys, I'm not surprised Nastya and Maria made nice at the net. :angel: :kiss: But it was very nice to see after a competitive match and some minor gamesmanship. :D Nastya who won only wanted to shake hands. But Maria who lost was a good sport and went for the hug and kiss. :angel: :kiss:

I think Anastasia has a good chance at beating Rubin. But she's going to have to keep her composure better than she did against Maria. I was suprised and dissapointed to see Nastya get angry and constantly stare down her coach/boyfriend in the crowd after she lost a point. :eek: She did that in the YEC in Los Angeles, too. Mary Carillo said she was upset with her racquet tension. I just hope it's a phase she's going throguh and not a pattern. Nastya needs to save her energy for her matches and not staring down her coach/boyfriend in the crowd after she loses a point.

Their is no IMG conpsiracy against Anastasia, GL. Because Tracy Austin said something doesn't mean much. She's been wrong before.

Hi Cool_Olga from Kournikova.com! :wavey:

Keith17
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Chanda hasn't played her best for quite a while. Nastya is the better player. The key is that Nastya has to be consistent. Losing a 6-1 set to Ms. Hype shows that Nastya still has issues with that.

goldenlox
Jan 24th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Nastya was broken 6 times in the first two sets. A top 20 player would have beaten Nastya in straight sets.
Nastya has to hold serve in the second week. Everyone she plays from now on is better than Ms. Hype.

KV
Jan 24th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Good luck vs. Chanda. Think Nastya has the edge over Chanda

JLDementieva
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:09 AM
I don't think Nastya played her best against Sharapova, as she said in the interview she was nervous. But I think if she lifts her game, Chanda definitely won't be a problem, and I think she has a great chance against Clijsters!

cool_olga
Jan 25th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Hey the_cat :wavey:

I didn't watch this match wih Maria because our eurosport prefers to shows short and easy matches that big stars like Kim play instead of those really interesting :(

But my friend watched it and said that the first thing was that match was really nervous. And that Nastya was upset because Maria was taking so much time in between points and was probably trying to annoy her :confused: Before third she asked for bathroom break.
And that Nastya was really mad at her raquet ;) She was banging her hand on it and making faces, it looked like she was not happy with the string tension, and every time she missed a point she was screaming at the raquet. But it was important that she won.

About 4r. Chande isn't playing the best right now I think and Nastya, instead of those nervous match ios playing really well. I think that she should win, but she has to stay concentrated. But I think it will be three sets there.
Then, if she wins she will play Kim probably. I thought that that ankle will make her level of play bit worse but I think it's completely healed. It's bit unfair because in semifinal we will have somebody like Dechy or Raymond. And both Nastya and Kim deserves to be in semis. But who will win this quarter final match will be in final then, I think. It's big chance for Nastya.

And I think she will be top 5 player. It also depends on how long will Serena and Jennifer stay without competing but Nastya plays really well now for some time and she is higher and higher, she needs two places to be top 5 and I really belive she can make it.

Btw. Her today's match should be showed on eurosport, she plays on Rod Laver Arena. I can't wait for it :D
C'mon Nastya !!!!

goldenlox
Jan 25th, 2004, 02:20 PM
This match with Rubin is huge. Nastya can't look ahead to Kim. Players like Kim advance because they don't overlook any opponent.
Nastya has to do the same. It gets tougher every match now.
Stay focused against Rubin.
Udachi Nastya!!

goldenlox
Jan 25th, 2004, 10:14 PM
"I played her here last year, same round," said Myskina, who won four titles in 2003 and also reached the last eight of the U.S. Open.
"I just have to put pressure on her and definitely have to serve better [and] just fight for every point."

Just what I said. Hold your serve, fight, and go to the quarters.
Udachi Nastya!

goldenlox
Jan 25th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Nastya was broken in the first game. She won't win this if that keeps up.
Nastya serving 0-2. Broken again. 0-3.

goldenlox
Jan 25th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Nastya finally held. Still down two breaks. 1-4.

goldenlox
Jan 25th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Nastya got a break back. Returning 3-4.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Nastya broke again at, then was broken for a third time at 5-5. Now she has to break at 5-6.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:19 AM
Nastya lost the first set 7-6(3). She was broken three times. Come on, Nastya. Hold!

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Nastya up two breaks 4-0.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Nastya serving 5-2. Just keep holding, and you'll be playing Kim.

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:47 AM
nastya took the second set!! 6-2!! :D

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:54 AM
Nastya up 2-0. Davai!

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:06 AM
Go Nastya.

I'm impressed... she's winning easier than I thought she would.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Yes!! 6-7, 6-2, 6-2.

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:13 AM
well done nastya!! :D

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:15 AM
6-7, 6-2, 6-2.
I know that Nastya can beat Kim. Nastya has to not let a bad shot upset her.
Just focus on the next shot. And hold serve. You can win this tournament.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:22 AM
great stuff Nastya :banana: :D
she really got it going after being 0-4 in 1st set, but she lost the TB due to some bad play again but she had the momemtum with her and never looked back.

Nastya not enough 1st serves in but off the ground she was AMAZING :D

well done Nastya, now the time to move another step :) a SF :)

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:25 AM
Kim will win 6-3 6-2.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:32 AM
Nastya will never have a better opportunity to win a major. And I think she knows it.
This quarterfinal should be great.

JLDementieva
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:49 AM
Anastasia!!! :bounce: I am soooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think she's got a heck of a chance against Kim!!

kournikovafan13
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Kim will win 6-3 6-2.Why do you say that? I think it will be a little tougher than that. I'm not as confident as most here, but I think Nastya can give Kim a run for her money.

Anyways, I think Nastya played awesome today. Can't wait to see the match on TV tonight. Her serve needs improvement, but I'm sure today was just an off-day in that department.

Good job Anastasia :D

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:00 AM
Wrong, stud.

A bitter Stickgirl Bovina fan.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:01 AM
Plus, Kim will win because she's just the far better player, and this isn't Leipzig.

I like Nastya, so biased, I am not. K. Bye.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:34 AM
I'm watching Nastya serve, and she's just using her arm, not her whole body. And she's not throwing the ball up high enough.
And Nastya looks at her coach after every point.
Stay focused on your next shot. Don't worry about your boyfriend. Just play the ball.
You can beat Kim.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:35 AM
Nastya, be the ball...

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Not "be the ball", be the champion.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:45 AM
Not "be the ball", be the champion.
One match at a time...

You wouldn't be a good coach. Nastya wouldn't look towards you after every point.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:54 AM
I'm going to help Nastya do this. I've seen her play 5 different opponents this year. She's had tremendous stress in these matches.
Nastya can do this. I'll give her the right advice. Don't look at your boyfriend so much. He can't help you. Just stay focused. Every point's important.
Udachi Nastya!!

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Her boyfriend does help her.

In Russia, it's common to have sex before stressful situations.

That's why Masha has orgasms every time she hits the ball... she's not getting tagged.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Nastya did it in Leipzig. She can do it here. I want Nastya screaming in ecstasy after beating Kim.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Nastya did it in Leipzig. She can do it here. I want Nastya screaming in ecstasy after beating Kim.
Kim was up a set, and tied in the 2nd this year.

Kim was full of errors when Nastya BARELY won in Leipzig 2002.

I will stress this again. Nastya will not beat Kim... and it won't even be close.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:06 AM
It doesn't work that way. Lisa had never taken a set off Venus.
Right now, Nastya is match tough. Kim is recovering, and not playing her best.
Sports, like life, involves timing.
Udachi Nastya!

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Nastya did it in Leipzig. She can do it here. I want Nastya screaming in ecstasy after beating Kim.she'll take care of that in the bedroom.. :o

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:11 AM
Nastya will take care of business on court. In the bedroom, who knows who's she's dating now.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:14 AM
It doesn't work that way. Lisa had never taken a set off Venus.
Right now, Nastya is match tough. Kim is recovering, and not playing her best.
Sports, like life, involves timing.
Udachi Nastya!
Kim's performance hasn't noticeably dropped like Venus' has.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Great interview with Nastya on ESPN! Wow!
Nastya said she doesn't want Dementieva to go past her in the rankings.
Don't rush your serves. Go for those down the line aces on your first serve.
You can do this.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:27 AM
She has nothing to worry about since Elena Excuses loses 1st round in slams.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:29 AM
That interview was great. I feel like she reads this. You can win this Nastya.
Don't rush your serves.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:32 AM
I doubt she reads this board...

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:34 AM
I would read what's being said about me. We know Anna reads WTA World.
I think Nastya reads this.
Nastya has improved so much since the US Open. Now's the time for greatness.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:39 AM
I would guarantee she doesn't...

First off, she probably can't read English very well... and it seems like she's very attached to her boyfriend.

Nastya has improved, but the consistency still isn't there. She lost once to stickgirl Bovina, and barely beat her in Linz. Even at Aussie Open, she had a very loose set against Arvidsson, and another vs. Princess Masha who is good and sweet and does nothing wrong sunshine lollipop.

kournikovafan13
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Wrong, stud.

A bitter Stickgirl Bovina fan.
I knew it was you.

Nice disguise this time around though.

Just watched the match on ESPN and Nastya killed Chanda off the ground. Winners everywhere. But that serve......I'm hoping it was just an off-day, because she can't do that with Kim.

Btw, I also doubt Nastya reads this board....

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:48 AM
All that matters is the next match. I don't care about ancient history.

Q. When things aren't going well in your match, and you turn around, you're demonstrative, almost like a dialogue you're having with your coach out there, what is going on at that point? It's different from any other player on tour, the way you communicate your frustration.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: That was in the first set, and was kind of nervous because it was a close set. You know, just too emotional at that point.

And just said that he's kind of like a wall there, that he has to show me something, show some emotions to me. He has to give me something back.

Q. "A wall," did you say?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah.

Q. Were you annoyed that he was sitting sort of too quietly and watching?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, that's what I mean (smiling).

Q. Is that a recurring thing? Is that the first time you've had that frustration?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No, I know it's not the best part of me. Yeah, sometimes I lose the concentration a bit. Yeah, I try to -- I'm spoke to my coach during the matches.

You know, it's the weak thing, and I'm try just -- you know, try to do my best the next matches and try to concentrate better.

Q. You get to the end of the match, you win, obviously you're happy. Do you look back on that and think, "That's the red haze of battle"? How do you look back on that now after you're feeling okay?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Just try not think about it. I know it's not the best part of me, so I just try to work on this. It's pretty hard. But hopefully we'll work on that.

Q. One of the stronger aspects of your game from my view was, despite the errors, you still played your shots, you're always going for the lines, the winners.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, I try. Especially with Chanda, I knew that I have to put pressure her a lot, because otherwise if you give her finger, she's going to take a whole hand.

I tried to put pressure a lot. And even that I knew that I'm going to miss couple shots, I still played really well today and I knew I'm going to win if I play that way.

Q. You just thought if you were playing at your best today, Chanda would struggle to beat you?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yes, definitely. I know Chanda sometimes, even that she upset, couple more games in second set, she still can struggle, start to struggle in the match. I just knew that I have to put pressure, lots of pressure on her.

Q. When you watched from the other side, she doesn't seem to give a lot away with her emotions. Can you tell whether she's getting frustrated with the way you're putting pressure on her?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, maybe I can tell because I played a lot of matches against her. I know that especially when it's deuce or it's 4-All, 5-All, she can struggle. But today it was my turn to struggle in 5-All.

But I just try to play every point in the second set, and I think I did really well.

Q. You feel ready now for what's going to come, for a big breakthrough?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Kim right now, unbelievable. I just have to play even better than I played today. I mean, if I'm going to play like a second and third set, I think it's going to be tough for Kim, and I think it's going to be good match.

Q. Do you feel ready for the real breakthrough, getting to the semis of Grand Slams?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Hopefully, yes. I was working pretty hard before Australia. Yeah, that was one of my goal, to play better than quarterfinal because I'm not really satisfy with quarterfinal already. It was last year quarterfinal, US Open quarterfinal, so I think now I'm ready to play better and do better.

Q. You beat Kim twice, last year in Leipzig due to injury. You beat her at Wimbledon once. Did you use any specific tactics for this victory?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: In the Wimbledon was really long time ago. Leipzig, like you said, there was injury, so I didn't really win that match.

Against Kim, you just have to do your best. Not 100%, I have to give like 300%. If you're able to give this percentage, you can beat her.

But it's really hard right now because she's -- I mean, she's the best one right now.

Q. What makes her so tough to beat? What are her strong points?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: She's really fast, she's really strong, and she's not going to give you any ball, easy ball, so you have to fight for every point, and you have to make a winner, and you have to make a point.

Q. What do you think it would be like being your coach?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Oh, you should ask my coach. It's not easy, for sure. I'm really tough girl on the court, really nice off the court. You know, on the court, I'm not nice.

Maybe that helps to win the matches, the hard matches, you know. But you should ask my coach, not me.

Q. Do you feel like you take on a different personality when you walk out on the court than how you are off it?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I just walk and I just play. You know, yeah, I can get angry sometimes because in my level, you cannot to miss easy shots. In my level, you have to win a lot. And sometimes, you know, I still losing some girls, you know, who's not in my level, and I really get angry.

Q. Do you apologize when you walk off the court?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yes, definitely.

Q. Really?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yes. But he knows me. He knows that I'm not really mean it, the whole thing that happen on the court. He knows me really well. He knows that I'm really emotional. But it's only on the court.

Q. It must be difficult, given those circumstances, to have that wall between the professional and personal sides of your relationship?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: What do you mean?

Q. Your coach is your boyfriend, as well.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No, he's not.

Q. You and Marat, you could be brother and sister, you're like his soul sister. What do you reckon it is about the Russian character that produces wonderfully temperamental tennis players?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I think we're really working hard to be here. We really want to be one of the best tennis players in the world. Marat, we really emotional. Maybe that helps us on the court. We fight, we run, we try to get every point. We not going to give anything just like this.

Well, we grow up together. I think that's why we play good.

Q. You were coached by his mom?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yes, yes.

Q. Does that explain any of the sort of similarities?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: She give us great basis, I think. You know, my forehand and backhand, she gave it to me. Like she taught me how to play tennis. So I think that's why I play really well right now. I really appreciate her everything that she done for me.

Q. Do you ever look at the other girls who keep everything calm and focused and wish you could be like that? Do you think you're you and that's how it's going to be?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: You know, I am the way I am. If nobody likes me the way I am, I'm sorry. But I think, you know, I'm really nice - too nice (laughter).

Q. We're not saying we don't like you, but it's interesting. When you were a little girl...

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I was too quiet.

Q. You had tantrums.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I was really quiet when I was little, you know. Maybe that's why right now everything comes from me.

Q. You've never showed that to Safin's mother?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No, I couldn't. She was really tough coach, you know. She was always -- you know, she put pressure on us, so we were really quiet.

Q. She already had a boy?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yes. She was tough coach.

Q. When you grow up in Russia as an Anastasia, is there an expectation that you're going to be a bit tempestuous?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No. When I was growing up, I couldn't even travel, because it was Soviet Union. I didn't know if the (inaudible) going to change.

I just played for, you know, like -- I was energetic kid, so I had to put my energy somewhere. But I still was quiet kid. So that's why I play tennis, you know.

Q. Maybe silly question, but who is nicer off the court, Kim Clijsters or you?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I think we are the same. No, Kim really nice. Nicer than me, for sure.

Q. How did you change your game from the first set to the second set? You've spoken about how nervous you were in the first set. It changed so quickly, you got on top quickly in the second set. How did that all change?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I find my focus again, and just refocus in the second set. Was less unforced errors, for sure, and more winners. More clean tennis. I was serving better, and I think I did everything much better. I don't know, it was because I was refocused, I guess, in the second, third set.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:49 AM
She doesn't read this board, she reads me, this thread, Russian Roulette.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:50 AM
All that matters is the next match. I don't care about ancient history.

You mentioned that Nastya improved so much after US Open. I countered that statement.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:50 AM
She doesn't read this board, she reads me, this thread, Russian Roulette.
Everyone knows I'm the star of this board.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:51 AM
Nastya has played Mauresmo, Davenport, Rubin, Strycova, and Ms. Hype. She's ready for a possibly injured Kim.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:55 AM
Nastya has played Mauresmo, Davenport, Rubin, Strycova, and Ms. Hype. She's ready for a possibly injured Kim.
and lost to Stickgirl Bovina...

Since when is beating Strycova worth any mention?

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:57 AM
Strycova delays the match, and causes stress. So did Nags Jr.
Nastya has been in very stressful situations this year.
The issue is her serve. She can't rush. Nastya needs big first serves against Kim.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:00 AM
Taking a few seconds before points causes stress...

It's a good thing that tennis players live a pampered life.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:03 AM
Nastya's first serve. Getting it in, and winning those points. That's how she can win the match.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:05 AM
Nastya's first serve. Getting it in, and winning those points. That's how she can win the match.
If she only wins her serve points... then the match would never end.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:07 AM
I've seen so much of Nastya this year. She has good movement. And power off both sides.
But she's serving like Elena. And she can do better. I can't wait for this match.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:10 AM
I really like how Fabiola Zuluaga is playing. I'm so impressed by her. And she's so good.

cool_olga
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Congratulations Nastya !!!!!
She was playing great baseline game but honesty her serve was really weak. That's good she menaged to win with something abou 30 or 40% of first serves in.
But her baseline game is great :) She can beat Kim if she keeps playing like that and improve her serve :)
Maybe looking at Jens helps her, who kows that...if she wasnt do do it she can
And if Nastya reads this board I don't know if should would be very happy reading about her bedroom things...lol ;)

C'mon Nastya !!!

bubble
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Congrats Nastya!

I could only watch the 1st set before going off to work. Will watch the recorded tape of the last 2 sets.

Go girl ! :)

ys
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:57 AM
Nastya's aniticipation and footspeed was amazing. I wish she had more of a netgame though. Many of her shots were so good for approaching..

JLDementieva
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:48 AM
Everything looked nice for Nastya today, except for the serve. Her groundstrokes were just awesome!! And for those of you in the US, didn't she just look so cute and sweet in that post match interview??
BTW, I thought her coach was her BF? How come she says he's not?

KV
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Great win, good luck vs. Kim

cool_olga
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Yeah, I guess some time before somebody said she has new coach and new boyfriend...But Jens was there today and it looks like it was before :rolleyes:

I wish I could see this interview :sad:
Nastya now has to really focus on her next match. She would be able to beat Kim with her ground strokes but just need to do something with serve because I'm worried Kim will hit many winners then.. But Nastya has chances :)
Goo !!!!!

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Jens was in Perth, and now Melbourne. And Nastya looks at him after every point.
But now is the time to play Kim. Nastya can do something great this week.
I said after the YEC that Nastya was right there with the top players.
Now she can show the world. Udachi Nastya!

cool_olga
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Yeah, definitely. As she said that that may be her breakthrough. I really hope it will. She has the game to make it now :)

Q. Your coach is your boyfriend, as well.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No, he's not.

cool_olga
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Short report

Well, Nastya started match really bad. Her game wasn't confident at all and her serve was horrible. She just was hitting the ball weaker than she usually do and Chanda took a 4-0 lead. But here started completely different game. Nastya started to play better on the baseline. Her serve was still very weak and it seemed she left her first serve in 3rd round. But she won her game, then broke Rubin and won a game again. Her pl;ay was so much better! She menaged to earn a tiebreak which she started very well winning forst ball. But at 2-1 for her I guess she made stupid error at the net and here, Derek she screamed this 'Fuck you'. But it surely wasn't to Jens !!! I am not sure if she screamed that to herself or comentated her shot like that. Anywa her concentration flew away from this moment and Chanda won tiebreak to 3.
But Nastya was calm, rested and started second set with huge power. Her game was juets so good from the beginning. She broke Chanda in the opening game and really quickly take a 4-0 lead. At this time she was just so confident and her game was great, especialy baseline game. Because serve still stayed very weak but Chanda wasn't hitting winning returns and if even she hit return hard Nastya was getting it very good and even better, so that was very good. She just was very, very calm and confident, won a set easily 6-2.
In third it was just like in second. She didn't got deconcentrated luckily and played her normal game. This set was also won 6-2.
Nastya was very happy at the end. You could see that very well, she even couldn't stop smiling and 'toughing' Chanda while congratulations http://jelly-dokic.com/board/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

What I want to say about her game is the weaker part - serve http://jelly-dokic.com/board/images/smiles/icon_sad.gif In the first set the percentage was just 29% !! http://jelly-dokic.com/board/images/smiles/icon_undecided.gif
But it was bit better later, but still not good.
But what was very positive is that he didn't gave up and keep up fighting and could take her game to higher level.
Her backhand was just amazing http://jelly-dokic.com/board/images/smiles/icon_ok.gif The was she was hitting it was just great. It was hard, flat and precise. Forehand was great also. And another very very good thing is running and movement. She could get some balls that most players would even didn't tough. And hit some great lobs.

In three words : SHE WAS GREAT http://jelly-dokic.com/board/images/smiles/icon_ok.gif http://jelly-dokic.com/board/images/smiles/icon_ok.gif http://jelly-dokic.com/board/images/smiles/icon_ok.gif

But now it's her quarter final important,

C'mon !!!!!!!!!!! :)

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:35 PM
It doesn't matter to me who Nastya's dating. I hope she's happy off the court.
This is a big match for Russian tennis. Right now, Nastya leads the way.
Elena, Nadia, and others can see how close to the top that Nastya is at now.
It will make everyone else better.
And this gives Nastya the credit she deserves.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Elena Excuses has been closer to the top. SF's of a slam, and Amelia Island was more impressive than Nastya's Moscow & Leipzig wins.

cool_olga
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:43 PM
It will be important both for Russian women's and men's tennis because Marat will have tough battle also.
If Nastya can win this match, it really can be this moment. The moment when she will prove to everybody in Russia and whole world how great she is.
For me it also doesn't matter ;) She is very nice off court, as even she says herself. It would be something great to meet her...

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Elena did a great job at Amelia Island. Nastya did a great job in Leipzig.
I want them to compete. Lena did well in Filderstadt.
Right now, it's Nastya's time. And she's earned this opportunity.

cool_olga
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Yeah she was in SF but now tennis needs somthing more. Everybody plays faster and harder. It is much tougher to get into top ten. In Amelia Island, ok she won with Henin but not in best form, Nastya won with her when she was great, after US Open win so that really says something. And through all Nastya's lately results and last year she is better player that Elena.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Lena reached the SF's beating a crippled Davenport. That's not comparable.

This is Nastya's opportunity.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:18 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1075087946756_2004/01/26/main_myskina,0.jpg On the boil ... Myskina today. Photo: AFP

Emotional Anastasia Myskina threw a spectacular temper tantrum at her coach before advancing to the Australian Open quarterfinals today.

The sixth-seeded Russian was furious with trainer Jens Gerlach during a battling 6-7 (3-7) 6-2 6-2 victory over Chanda Rubin of the United States, accusing him of not giving her enough encouragement.

The flashpoint occurred during the first set, when the talented 22-year-old from Moscow visibly lost her cool and became increasingly animated, gesturing towards the stands on the Rod Laver Arena.

But Myskina regained her composure and won the next two sets easily to set up a quarterfinal meeting with Belgian world number two Kim Clijsters.

Myskina said she had apologised to Gerlach after explaining her outburst.

"I was kind of nervous because it was a close set and I was just too emotional at that point," Myskina said.

"I just said that he was kind of like a wall, that he has to show me something, show some emotions to me. He has to give me something back," added Myskina, saying there were no hard feelings between the two.

"He knows me. He knows that I don't really mean it. He knows me really well and that I'm really emotional. But it's only on the court," said Myskina, who is trying to put a lid on her temperament.

"I know it's not the best part of me, so I just try to work on this. It's pretty hard, but hopefully we'll work on it.

"You know, I am the way I am. If nobody likes me the way I am, I'm sorry. But I think, you know, I'm really nice. Too nice," she said.

Myskina had a nightmare start against ninth-seed Rubin, struggling on first serve with only a 29 per cent success rate double-faulting four times, and committing 18 unforced errors in the opening set alone.

Not surprisingly, she was broken three times but still managed to force a tiebreak after scoring three breaks of her own against Rubin's serve.

Despite raging at Erlach's lack of encouragement, there is no doubt that her coach's silent treatment did the trick.

Her service game improved immediately and she slashed the error-count dramatically, with just 11 unforced errors in the remaining two sets.

Rubin was unable to find a single service further break and was broken twice as Myskina came through for the victory.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Geez, what a bitch.

She should try that with Joe Giuliano...

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:21 PM
It's fun to watch her lose control, and then play a great point.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:23 PM
I was hoping Nastya was the only normal Russian... and there goes that.

Why is it that all us Russian girls have to be nuts?

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:24 PM
You're normal. The rest of the world is nuts.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:26 PM
No, I'm nuts, due to being Russian.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:28 PM
You're losing green dots.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:29 PM
People get mad when I don't praise their faves.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Being realistic is best. And Nastya's playing well now.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:32 PM
She is playing well. She still won't defeat Kim, however.

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Nastya is the only player with a chance to beat Kim in the quarters.
Let the better player win. It only matters who's best tomorrow.

cool_olga
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:10 PM
I actually like her temper on the court..It always gives much more emotions and dramma for the match. If Nastya has that character why she should change herself? It is just the way she is and everybody should accept it.
You're great Nastya :)

the cat
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Nastya will shock the tennis world with a 6-4 3-6 6-4 win over Kim Clijsters in the quarterfinals of the 2004 Australian Open! :eek: :bounce: Unlike Clijsters easy and quick matches Kim will have to play long grueling points in this match and that's when her injured ankle will play a role in Anastasia's upset win.

Ana is has really seperated herself from the rest of the Russian pack as the Russian number 1. The battle now is for Russian number 2.

I agree with C_O about liking Ana's fiery temper on the tennis court! :D :devil: But as a man I feel somewhat emasculated when Anastasia looks over to her coach/boyfriend and scolds him for something she did wrong! :sad:

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:23 PM
I think a good effort by Nastya tomorrow will show Elena, Nadia, Vera, Lena and the others just how close they are to the top of the sport.
The gap is closing. These ladies are constantly improving. And Nastya is leading the way.

TartarVicario
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:57 PM
C'mon Nas played really well esp. the third :devil: :lick:

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Nastya will cause the tennis world to yawn with a 6-2 6-3 loss to Kim Clijsters-Hewitt.

I think a good effort by Nastya tomorrow will show Elena, Nadia, Vera, Lena and the others just how close they are to the top of the sport.

One of these things is not like the other... one of these things just doesn't belong. (I bolded because some people fail to realize my neverending sarcasm.)

cool_olga
Jan 26th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Nastya will shock the tennis world with a 6-4 3-6 6-4 win over Kim Clijsters in the quarterfinals of the 2004 Australian Open! :eek: :bounce: Unlike Clijsters easy and quick matches Kim will have to play long grueling points in this match and that's when her injured ankle will play a role in Anastasia's upset win

It is possible, definitely. Kim is in very good form but actually hadn't got any real test so far so we can't really say in 100% how she really is. But what I know is that she has some moments when she loses concentration and can hit few u.e. in a row. So I think that if Nastya can take these chances (I think she really can) it can be a suprise out there.

Btw. I watched a programm on Eurosport, highlights from today and they showed few seconds of her practice :)
She had a shorts where on the back was written 'Princess' . Then they asked her about this shorts and she said that in Russian was queen Anastasia and when she saw it she wanted to have them :D She was laughing veru much while this interview. After that they asked if she is a princess. She said that not yet but she may be and was lauching much again :D And her name was grandma's what we all know, I guess.
It was great to see that, she was really so nice and easy-going :) Really off court she is great person. If some of you didn't see it I think I can have a video of it soon, just my site has to come on net ;)

Mathijs
Jan 26th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Cool Olga I've seen it too on Eurosport She's a nice and easy going women indeed!!! :hearts: sad that i didn't taped it.

Good luck to Nastya against Clijsters Give her a fight Nastya or even better win it! :bounce: :bounce:

cool_olga
Jan 26th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Yeah :) And all people who meet her at tournaments says she is really nice person. But this interviews was just the best !! :D

They also showed what Chanda said before and it was too confident..She said she has better experience etc and she is better player :fiery: So Nastya showed her who really is better player. Chanda you are too confident girl :rolleyes:
And nice interview after the match also !

the cat
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Anastasia is so likable. :D After she beat Rubin Ana joined ESPN for an interview and they got her to take a bite of some awful looking and awful smelling Veggimite sandwich popular in Australia. The beautiful Mary Jo Fernandez of ESPN nearly got sick from taking a bite of it. :eek: :tape: But Nastya was a good sport and said she like it. :angel:

LeonHart
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:31 PM
I've become a Nastya fan :D

Before I didn't think much of her, thought she was overrated etc. But wow has she improved down under! Her groundstrokes are almost as fast and clean as Lindsays! No joke! :hearts:

ys
Jan 27th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Chance of a lifetime, dear Nastya, chance of a lifetime. Do your best! :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 27th, 2004, 08:16 AM
best luck Nastya :)
need to be strong and positive :)
and its one hell of a chance

goldenlox
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:25 PM
The part of Nastya's game that excites me is her movement. She really covers the court.
And she can handle pace, and hit with her own power.
This meeting with Kim is still just the beginning for Nastya. She moved forward in Leipzig and Moscow.
Nastya can still improve. And she will.
Udachi Nastya!!

Keith17
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Udachi Nastya... hopefully you can at least get a set today.

cool_olga
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:12 PM
What a suporting fan you are :eek:

Her movement is not worse than Henin or Kim. Actually I would say that better. She's given great anticipation too, so with that she can run to the righ direction and she does that extremely fast.
She's playing second match at Rod Laver Arena.
C'mon !!!

cool_olga
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:13 PM
What a supporting fan you are :eek:

Her movement is not worse than Henin or Kim. Actually I would say that better. She's given great anticipation too, so with that she can run to the righ direction and she does that extremely fast.
She's playing second match at Rod Laver Arena.
C'mon !!!

cool_olga
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Sorry for two same posts. Clicked two times by the accident

goldenlox
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:18 PM
I think Nastya's movement is the key to her improvement. She runs down almost every ball.
And the big bashers can't outhit her. You have to have a complete game if you hope to beat Nastya.
Udachi Nastya!!

JLDementieva
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Go Nastya, You can do it!!!

Mathijs
Jan 27th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Davai Nastya You can win it Come On! :bigclap: :yeah: :) :D

saab95
Jan 27th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Nastya, your "brother" Marat did it.
Follow him to semis!
Good luck!

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 27th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Nastya has got a good shot, lets hope she believes in it as much as we.

good luck Nastya !!!!!!!!!!

goldenlox
Jan 27th, 2004, 09:50 PM
I think Nastya does believe that she can take this next step. I don't know if she will win in a few hours, but she can match Kim in speed, power, and accuracy.
If not today, Nastya will break through in a major this year.
Udachi Nastya!

the cat
Jan 27th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Anastasia has played competitive matches while Clijsters has won her matches very easily. If Nastya can make this a close match she can pull off the upset.

Udachi Anastasia! :bounce:

moo_ont
Jan 28th, 2004, 12:37 AM
I am really excited with Myskina's match. With Kim's injuries, she has a really great chance, and there will not be any better chances than this one. Go Myskina.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce::bounce:

Keith17
Jan 28th, 2004, 12:46 AM
I think Nastya does believe that she can take this next step. I don't know if she will win in a few hours, but she can match Kim in speed, power, and accuracy.

Speed, yes... but in defensive situations, Kim is the much better player.

Power, only in the backhand.

Accuracy, heck no, only when Kim gets tight is when her forehand goes off on her. That won't happen in the QF's against a player she's beaten easily 3 times.

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Nastya has to hold serve. She's serving 0-3.

Keith17
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:05 AM
Good start. Looks like my prediction is coming true.

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:06 AM
Now 0-4. Two breaks down. Nastya will have to work on her serve. She's been broken way too much.
Especially in the first sets of her recent matches.

Keith17
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:07 AM
It's not a coincidence that I'm always right.

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:09 AM
0-5. This is a quick first set. I hope ESPN shows this set tonight.
I want to see what happened.
Finally a hold. 1-5. Regroup for set 2. It's not over.

Keith17
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Kim is the better player. That's what happened.

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Nastya now down one break, 2-5.

Keith17
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Nastya will cause the tennis world to yawn with a 6-2 6-3 loss to Kim Clijsters-Hewitt.

Halfway there.

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:20 AM
This is the third straight match that Nastya was broken three times in the first set.
Kim serving, 6-2, 0-0.

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:31 AM
There's still a chance Nastya will make this a match. 2-0.
Serving 3-0. Davai!!

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:40 AM
4-0 Nastya! Go! Go! Go!
Serving 4-1. HOLD!!

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:45 AM
2-6, 4-1. The winner plays Schnyder in the semis. This is what Nastya lives for. GO! GO! GO!

moo_ont
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Kim called for a trainer, so I think Myskina has booked the place in the semis already.

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:48 AM
Don't say that. But we knew Kim wasn't 100%. It's not over because a trainer comes out.
Marat called for a trainer down 2-6, 0-1. Then he won.

moo_ont
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:49 AM
It's different, but we will see. Go Myskina!!!

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:50 AM
Kim broke 2-4. Nastya has to refocus.

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Kim held, Nastya serving 4-3. Kim was smart to call a trainer. It gave her a chance to regroup.
I think Nastya has to hold here, or it could be over quick.

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:57 AM
Nastya held. Kim serves 6-2, 3-5. Got to win this set Nastya.

moo_ont
Jan 28th, 2004, 02:01 AM
Just one more game, come on. You can do it!!!

Keith17
Jan 28th, 2004, 02:01 AM
Go Kim.

Then, GL will stop posting scores, and hopefully leave the Russian forums.

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 02:04 AM
LOL! No way. Sveta/Lena starts now. Nastya broken again. 5-5.

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 02:09 AM
Nastya serving 2-6, 5-6. Could be over any second. Nastya has to work on holding serve.

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 02:11 AM
Nastya was up 4-0 in the second set. So many times broken.
Tiebreak.

moo_ont
Jan 28th, 2004, 02:12 AM
GL, I am so nervous.

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 02:15 AM
I still want Nastya into the top 5 this spring. 4-3 Kim.

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 02:19 AM
6-6 in the tiebreak.

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 02:24 AM
Kim wins 6-2, 7-6(9). Up 4-0, you have to hold and win the set. Still, top 5 is coming.

Keith17
Jan 28th, 2004, 02:25 AM
Kim won in straights.

I was right. You were wrong. 'Nuff respect.

cool_olga
Jan 28th, 2004, 02:34 AM
Damn, how could she lost it :(

Whe she had so big lead and chance she shouldn't have thrown it away. Whe you're leading 5-3 and have 2 set points, you can't lose that.
I would say that Nastya would have won, at least that 2nd set, if Kim hadn't taken this medical break. That time Nastya was playing just great and tat break made her lose her concentration and spirit. If ot that, she would have won the set for sure.
Second thing, she could win a tiebreak as well, but some errors she made and end of hopes...She was playing well, some balls were great, if not that break everything could have happen.
But she's close, closer and closer to winning with the bests

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 28th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Nastya stopped playing the pts one at a time and instead played the injury :mad:
silly thing to do :mad:
a real golden chance wasted :mad:

pracitcally gave the gun to Kim and said "shoot me in the foot as well" :fiery:
Nastya lost the plot big time :sad: :mad: :fiery:

goldenlox
Jan 28th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Even if it goes three sets, it doesn't mean Nastya wins.
This is still part of the process. Nastya is improving. She's not there yet.
She will be top 5. And there are many more slams. Plus the Olympics.
Udachi Nastya!

cool_olga
Jan 28th, 2004, 04:20 AM
Even if it goes three sets, it doesn't mean Nastya wins.
Yeah, but it really wan huge chance because Kim was making more and more miskates and her foot was bit bad. And Nastya could have been on fire.

ys
Jan 28th, 2004, 05:41 AM
The most idiotic match played by a Russian player for quite a while. I cannot believe Nastya wasted that kind of opportunity. She was point away from semis, there is no way Kim would have played the third set..

I've never felt that disappointed in a plyer I support. Complete brain collapse.. :(:(

JLDementieva
Jan 28th, 2004, 06:11 AM
I am disappointed beyond disappointed, I don't even know what to say right now. I had complete faith that she was going to win this one... And Pam Shriver needs to freaking stop making fun of Nastya. anyways, so devastated

JLDementieva
Jan 28th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Okay, Keith of whoever the freaking hell you are, why are you here if you're just going to bad mouth Nastya the whole damn time?! Go to the GM where all the bashing is going on!

ys
Jan 28th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Nastya really needs a sport psychologist, or maybe a better coach. Someone who would help her focus on her play and nothing else, flush out of her mind all distractions and doubts. Go for it.

It is the second time that the same happens in a match of huge magnitude. Against Henin at YEC. Against Kim today. She had the momentum. She played brilliant tennis. Brilliant. She played as good as it gets in the first half of the second set. And Kim wasn't hampered by injury then yet. She was just plain being outplayed. Stunning shotmaking, great tactical play. And then opponent takes an injury timeout and suddenly everything is gone. Nastya's mind is in between of thinking about the game she played and the opponent's injury. And as a result, between two choices of keeping on playing as before or playing more conservative tennis to exploit opponent's injury, she falls in between. She is undecided. She is lost. Balls start flying all over the place.

She needs sports psychologist or someone who would help her to beat that problem. To eliminate that inferiority complex. She is not inferior to all those Belgians or Americans. She is one of them, one of the elite. Someone must help her to really start to believe that. She is not the first one. Henin used to choke a lot. Clijsters chokes in every single Slam. But they do it under different kind of pressure. Today it was totally unnecessary.

ys
Jan 28th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Kim won in straights.

I was right. You were wrong. 'Nuff respect.
Piss off..

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2004, 12:38 AM
What makes Nastya so improved is her mobility. She covers the court amazingly.
She still has to play steadier, with more consistency. Especially at RG. But we'll discuss that in May.

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2004, 07:53 PM
Myskina loses it with coach but wins match

January 26, 2004 - 4:35PM

http://www.smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1075087946756_2004/01/26/main_myskina,0.jpg On the boil ... Myskina today. Photo: AFP

Emotional Anastasia Myskina threw a spectacular temper tantrum at her coach before advancing to the Australian Open quarterfinals today.

The sixth-seeded Russian was furious with trainer Jens Gerlach during a battling 6-7 (3-7) 6-2 6-2 victory over Chanda Rubin of the United States, accusing him of not giving her enough encouragement.

The flashpoint occurred during the first set, when the talented 22-year-old from Moscow visibly lost her cool and became increasingly animated, gesturing towards the stands on the Rod Laver Arena.

But Myskina regained her composure and won the next two sets easily to set up a quarterfinal meeting with Belgian world number two Kim Clijsters.

Myskina said she had apologised to Gerlach after explaining her outburst.

"I was kind of nervous because it was a close set and I was just too emotional at that point," Myskina said.

"I just said that he was kind of like a wall, that he has to show me something, show some emotions to me. He has to give me something back," added Myskina, saying there were no hard feelings between the two.

"He knows me. He knows that I don't really mean it. He knows me really well and that I'm really emotional. But it's only on the court," said Myskina, who is trying to put a lid on her temperament.

"I know it's not the best part of me, so I just try to work on this. It's pretty hard, but hopefully we'll work on it.

"You know, I am the way I am. If nobody likes me the way I am, I'm sorry. But I think, you know, I'm really nice. Too nice," she said.

Myskina had a nightmare start against ninth-seed Rubin, struggling on first serve with only a 29 per cent success rate double-faulting four times, and committing 18 unforced errors in the opening set alone.

Not surprisingly, she was broken three times but still managed to force a tiebreak after scoring three breaks of her own against Rubin's serve.

Despite raging at Erlach's lack of encouragement, there is no doubt that her coach's silent treatment did the trick.

Her service game improved immediately and she slashed the error-count dramatically, with just 11 unforced errors in the remaining two sets.

Rubin was unable to find a single service further break and was broken twice as Myskina came through for the victory.

AFP

cool_olga
Feb 4th, 2004, 04:40 PM
I just wanna say that Nastya is only 38 points behind Davenport and Lindsay has the title to defent this week...And 115 point behind Capriati who has more points to defend in Dubai so I guess with bit of luck Nastya can be top 5 player faster than we all thought :)
Good luck!

johnboy4
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:30 AM
she might be #6 after this week if sugiyama loses and doesn't win.

goldenlox
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:32 AM
And Capriati has already pulled out of Paris.
Nastya will be in the top 5 pretty soon.

JLDementieva
Feb 6th, 2004, 02:56 AM
:woohoo: Yay congrats Nastya!

cool_olga
Feb 6th, 2004, 11:59 AM
She can be :)
Now Venus withdrew from Tokyo so Lindsay may defend her title..I hope that Jelena who is in pretty good form will win the semifinal with Lindsay..Then I guess Nastya would be #6. And then if Nastya will do well in Dubai, semis or final and Caprati will notn so so well (she has semis to defend) I think she can be in top 5.
Good luck Nastya! :D

Daniel
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Vamos Anastasia!!!!! :D :kiss:

cool_olga
Feb 6th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Actually Nastya is already #6 because Serene fell to #7.

So lose to top 5 now :bounce:

goldenlox
Feb 7th, 2004, 11:35 PM
When Nastya comes back in Dubai, one minor change to her game I would suggest is to take some pace off her first serve, and get it in.
Against Kim, Nastya was broken in her first two service games, and lost every point when she had to hit a second serve. Then from 0-5 down, Nastya won 6 of the next 7 games.
That Kim quarterfinal was the third straight match in Melbourne that Nastya had trouble holding in the first set.
So I say take some pace off the first serve at the start of a match. But still go for those down the line aces once in a while.

goldenlox
Feb 8th, 2004, 03:16 AM
I don't understand why Nastya wants so many weeks off after Melbourne.
She could have taken off Japan week, then played Paris, and rested during Antwerp.
Now is the time to move up the rankings.

cool_olga
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Playing Paris would be good idea because now Serena and Amelie withdrew. Good chance for Nastya to even take a title. Butit's her decision...Maybe she wants to be at home for some time. But it would be perfect chance for getting some points and title.

goldenlox
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:34 PM
When Nastya decided to take so much time off after Melbourne, she didn't know how soft the fields would be.
When Nastya comes back, the draws might be much tougher.

cool_olga
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Yeah, now in Paris even Dokic who is #15 is #4 seed... In Dubai there will be Henin, Mauresmo and Venus. But now I am not sure how much time Amelie and Venus needs to heal their injuries. It can be either tough or easier. We will see soon

goldenlox
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Nastya has done things the right way. Both Anna and Elena D. are also 22 and from Moscow.
Nastya didn't have media hype when she was young. Now she's older, and can handle the attention that comes with being in the top 5.
And Nastya improves her game every year.

goldenlox
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:25 PM
http://www.kp.ru/daily/23132/23860/

ys
Feb 12th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Very important part of the season comes for Nastya. If in the next 5 monthes she performs as well as she performed in previous 5 monthes of regular season
, she will be Top 3, easily. Only about 25% of her points will be defended ( including Doha title ) in next 5 monthes. And it is half of all season points.

goldenlox
Feb 12th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Nastya will have a great ranking this summer, but she still needs to keep improving.
She would have been the #2 seed in Paris. But the tour will be healthier this spring.

the cat
Feb 12th, 2004, 09:49 PM
And that's why Nastya is resting so much after the Australian Open. She knows she has a golden opportunity to risde in the ranking where no Russina has gone before. And she wants to be well rested before partaking on this major tennis task.

Udachi Anastasia! :bounce:

cool_olga
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:48 PM
I hope everything will work. Nastya for sure isn't just sitting in home and do nothing. She is resting but training for sure also. In this part of season she has Doha and Sarasota titles to defend but I think she can do that. And she lost in early stages of few tournaments so she can earn a lot of points. Her ranking will be the best ever for sure :)

goldenlox
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:54 PM
This week, Kim is the only player who would be expected to beat Nastya.
In Antwerp, Justine, Kim and Venus are playing. Then Serena, Jennifer, Lindsay and Amelie are coming back.
So Nastya will be playing in tough fields.

Daniel
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:02 AM
I cant' wait to see her playing again !!!! :D :kiss:

cool_olga
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:48 PM
OMG :eek:

I've just seen that Qatar Open is Tier II now with $600.000 prize money not lower level like last year :eek:
It will be much harder for Nastya to defend her title :sad: And Serena sets her come back date there...

Daniel
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Hope she gets back on top form!!! :worship: :bounce:

goldenlox
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:41 PM
This is what Maria said about her loss to Nastya in Melbourne-

"That was a little experience on a few important points," she said. "I wouldn't say it had a lot to do with her. I could have raised my level a lot higher but I didn't.

Nastya is still getting no respect. She has to come back focused, and show those who are insulting her that she is for real.

Come back strong, Nastya!

goldenlox
Feb 20th, 2004, 12:19 AM
This is the early entry list for Dubai-
1 BEL HENIN-HARDENNE, JUSTINE F 1
4 FRA MAURESMO, AMELIE F 2
4 USA WILLIAMS, VENUS F S 3
6 USA CAPRIATI, JENNIFER F 4
7 RUS MYSKINA, ANASTASIA F 5
9 JPN SUGIYAMA, AI F 6
11 FRA TESTUD, SANDRINE F S 7

This is a very tough tournament.

Daniel
Feb 20th, 2004, 04:44 AM
Mauresmo pulled out. Henin is not sure if she will play cause she is ill. Venus and Capriati, we odnt know until we see them playing, so gar Anastasia will be seeded #4, i guess she will get a bye in the first round
Vamos Anastasia!!! :bounce: ;)

moo_ont
Feb 20th, 2004, 01:24 PM
It's good that Myskina will come back next week. Miss her somewhat. I am pretty certain she will do well in both tournaments. She's become very determinded. She said she has lots of goals this year. Last year, her goal was to play the YEC, and she could do it. This year, whatever her goals are, I am sure she can achieve them again.
Come stronger Myskina. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

cool_olga
Feb 20th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Yeah. She has goals but I think the key for her successes is also what she said few times like at AO 2003 - about her tennis 'I just feel great on the court, I don't know it why' or from Linz ' I just really enjoy it right now, on the court, before it was kind of work and now I enjoy myself'
And this is the most important :)
And after win in leipzig and Moscow she belived she can win Grand Slam. I think right now her main goals is GS and Olympics, but important is just play well, and results will come

I think she will do well in Dubai. I think that she will make final at least.
Go Nastya!

Vass22
Feb 20th, 2004, 06:37 PM
I think I saw Anastasia practicing today in Dubai. But I was far so there's no way to be completely sure. I though it was her because she(?) was olmost the only one of all the qualifier players who hit at angles, and she(?) was also wearing that black swim-suit type of clothes like Nastya wore before the Aussie Open. The hair wasn't very long, like Nastya's too. She(?) also hit a double-foult the first 2 practice serves I saw her hit, so I figure it was her.

goldenlox
Feb 20th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Was Nastya in this outfit-

http://www.teaboy.co.uk/photos/Jan04TennisGirls/index.html

cool_olga
Feb 21st, 2004, 10:23 AM
Vass, are you in Dubai and will see the tournament? Wow, that's cool for you, wish I could see Nastya :P

goldenlox
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:19 PM
Here's Nastya's section in Dubai-

Myskina - bye
Q/LL - Serna
Shaughnessy - Q/LL
Mandula - Dokic

If Nastya makes the semis, she is in Justine's half.

KV
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:49 PM
She's in the part of the draw against off form players. Normally Nastya should bt. all of them

goldenlox
Feb 21st, 2004, 10:38 PM
Nastya said this in Melbourne-

Myskina said she had apologised to Gerlach over the outburst.

"You know, I am the way I am. If nobody likes me the way I am, I'm sorry. But I think, you know, I'm really nice. Too nice," she said

cool_olga
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:31 AM
Dokic can be little problem but Nastya should beat her. Then Henis will be very tough. But who knows...
Good luck Nastya!

moo_ont
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:04 PM
IMO, Myskina will do well. With Vera's win last night, it will motivate her to play better. I like this ambition from her. Yeah, Dokic can cause a problem, but as Vass22 said, she wasn't in the mood and hittng lots of errors when she practiced. And, Justine....Myskina can beat her for sure. One match at a time though. Good luck, Myskina. :)

cool_olga
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:34 PM
Besides Nastya's tennis.
In interview Marat Safin said he aksed Nastya to go out with him :P but she...refused...
And he also said they were training together.
I think training with such a good player should help her!

moo_ont
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:38 PM
Besides Nastya's tennis.
In interview Marat Safin said he aksed Nastya to go out with him :P but she...refused...
And he also said they were training together.
I think training with such a good player should help her!
Wow...when did he ask her? She is a pretty girl.

Daniel
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:15 PM
Good luck Anastasia in Dubai!!! :kiss: :worship:

goldenlox
Feb 22nd, 2004, 06:31 PM
Nastya is playing doubles with Lina. They drew the #1 seeds, Sugiyama and Huber.

saab95
Feb 22nd, 2004, 08:35 PM
Good Luck in singles!
And good luck in doubles twice!

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:38 AM
Vass22 saw Nastya's practice-

I can to the tournament about 2:30 in the afternoon today. I directly looked at the court where the players practiced before. I got Lucky again seeing Myskina there again. This time she was with her coach only. She played some rallies with him and then practiced volleys. Her drop volleys were fine, but the smash of the lobs was 'only' ok. I took some pics of her again. She once again had an arrogant talk with the coach at the net, but then continued practicing.

cool_olga
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:58 AM
Pity she's not nice to her coach :( I think it's important to have good relationship and enjoy trainings.
But hope she will do well there

~|Naomi|~
Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:12 PM
Good Luck to Anastasia, I think she can do well here:)

Hopefully she isn't too rusty and lacking match practice after her break, but I think she probably needed a break as she was in Sydney before christmas so worked very hard. Hopefully she is refreshed and refocused and can do very well:)

Anik
Feb 23rd, 2004, 04:54 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/dubai/f_18.jpg

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/dubai/f_17.jpg

cool_olga
Feb 23rd, 2004, 08:02 PM
Thanks! Nastya looks so good !!
She is happy there and with her friend Elena!
Good luck again!

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2004, 09:22 PM
Nastya plays doubles tomorrow. Then she plays the winner of Vera-Magui.
Time to go top 5.

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2004, 09:32 PM
Nastya loves horses. She should buy a pacing harness horse, and run her at the Meadowlands. I'll go root for it.

You once posed naked on a horse in a men's magazine. What's the story behind that ?
The magazine (GQ) called me to ask if I wanted to do some pictures with them but they didn't say anything about the horse! Then when I got there I saw this huge horse and I was really surprised because I'd never ridden a horse before. I was scared because it was really big. Then they started to take pictures. It was something completely fresh and I think it was a good experience, especially for me.

I wasn't naked, actually. I was wearing underwear. And there were no men in the room when I did the photographs - only my boyfriend and the guy who took the pictures. All the rest were women, so I was okay! My mum was a little bit shocked and my father was surprised because he thought it was going to be something to do with tennis, and it was completely different. But I think all my friends liked it. They told me they liked it, anyway.

Daniel
Feb 24th, 2004, 07:08 AM
She looks beautiful!!! :kiss: Good luck in singles and doubles !!!!! :hearts:

goldenlox
Feb 24th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Nastya plays Serna. Nastya has won all three previous meetings. Just play your game.

Daniel
Feb 25th, 2004, 05:49 AM
Vamos Nastya!!!!! :yeah:

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 25th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Nastya won 61 64 :banana:
nice start :D :) and into QF

good win as its her 1st match since Aus Open.

vaiva
Feb 25th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Welcome back, Nastia. ;)

Missed her on the tour a lot

bubble
Feb 25th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Keep going Nastya... :)

JLDementieva
Feb 25th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Good job Nastya!! and good luck on your next match! :bounce:

moo_ont
Feb 25th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Good start from Myskina. Keep up the good work.

Good luck. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

cool_olga
Feb 25th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Thank you Nastya !!!
Great job :)
It was pretty easy match. That's what she needed :)
Good luck in semis!!

ys
Feb 25th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Meghann could be tough on the surface. But Nastya needs this match.

goldenlox
Feb 25th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Meghann has won 2 out of the 3 against Nastya. Including the last one, 2002 Moscow.
Go get revenge Nastya.

Myskina set to lead a revolution with Russians on world stage

http://www.gulf-news.com/images/logos/2004/dxbopen_04.gif
World No.7 Anastasia Myskina is pleased with the prospect of leading a Russian battery to dominate tennis on the world stage.

"I feel proud about it," Myskina said at the Dubai Tennis Stadium.

"I feel so great and good about being the top Russian player and having to lead a pack of young players at tournaments around the world," she smiled.

Statistics and figures are awesomely in favour of the Russians. Seven of the world's top 30 women's players come from Russia. And of these, four - Anastasia Myskina, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Elena Likhovtseva and Lina Krasnoroutskaya - are here in Dubai staging a serious threat to the title next Saturday.

http://www.gulf-news.com/images/2004/02/25_anastasia.jpg
World No 7 Anastasia Myskina"Being the top-ranked player among the Russians gives me great joy, but it also puts me under some sort of pressure," Myskina admitted.

"We are blessed to have so many players in the top rung and it feels nice to see your country doing well," she smiled.

Myskina enjoyed her most successful presence on the tour last year when she won four titles to stay as the No.7 on the rankings with earnings of more than $1 million.

"Being among the top is rather difficult. Of course, you gain a lot of confidence when you play against top players," she announced.

"However, it just keeps getting stronger and you are required to be ready at all times to defend your position on the rankings. But even tougher is the position of the tennis authorities when they have to choose players for international representation.

"With so many Russian players around, it sometimes gives them a headache to choose even the Fed Cup team," stated Kuznetsova after her first round victory against seventh seeded Italian, Francesca Schiavone.

"I feel proud of my country and what we have achieved."

goldenlox
Feb 25th, 2004, 08:43 PM
"Travelling all the while, staying away from your family and friends. This can be pretty draining both mentally and physically. Your body gets tired, your mind wants to relax. But you just cannot as you have made the choice of being a professional," offers Russia's top ranked player on the Tour, Anastasia Myskina.

Daniel
Feb 26th, 2004, 05:52 AM
Good luck against Meghan :D

saab95
Feb 26th, 2004, 01:02 PM
"Poor Nastya"
(followed poor Lina)
Shaughnessy 7-6 4-6 6-3 It's sad.

moo_ont
Feb 26th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Very bad news in the morning. :( Forget about the loss, Myskina. You can do better at Doha. Good luck next week.:bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 26th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Nastya :sad: disappointing :(
better luck next week :)

cool_olga
Feb 26th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Noooooo !!!!!!!!! :sad:
Why did you lost Nastya? :sad: :sad: :sad:
I think she should have won with Maghan....
But good luck with defending your title in Doha!

vaiva
Feb 26th, 2004, 01:56 PM
You won't dominate Nastia if you continue to struggle against the likes of Meg :(

ys
Feb 26th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Pretty shocking result. But on hardcourts Meg can play an extraordinary match once n a while. Didn't see it so..

goldenlox
Feb 26th, 2004, 06:23 PM
This was the third time in four matches that Nastya has lost to Meghann.
When Nastya did so well in Leipzig, resting after the US Open, I thought she would play well in Dubai.
She rested for this tournament. That's one match win for Nastya in a month.
Nastya should take more time off if she is not ready to play well now.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Feb 27th, 2004, 01:13 AM
This was the third time in four matches that Nastya has lost to Meghann.
It's sad to hear that Nastya lost.

Maybe one of the reasons is because of Shaughnessy's style of play?
She rested for this tournament.
Nastya should take more time off if she is not ready to play well now.
goldenlox, but I think differently. I think maybe it would be better if she had played more tournaments after the Australian Open.

In any case, surely Myskina will come back strongly very soon.

goldenlox
Feb 27th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Shaughnessy's style of play is straightforward, bland. Nastya knows she lost to her in Moscow. She should be ready for this match.

- L i n a -
Feb 27th, 2004, 01:48 AM
This loss isn't too surprising.

Nastya can really struggle with her shots at times, and it looks like Meghann may be hitting her 1 month of good tennis per year.

Bigger tournaments are coming, and hopefully Nastya plays her best. Try to peak at Roland Garros, where I think she could do impressive things.

goldenlox
Feb 27th, 2004, 01:52 AM
You may not be aware of Nastya's French Open results.

- L i n a -
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:01 AM
I know... Nastya's only won like 1 match at Roland Garros.

That doesn't mean everything though. I think her speed could be a big weapon there.

goldenlox
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:02 AM
Her lack of patience is her problem. Nastya loses focus and she beats herself.

- L i n a -
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:04 AM
She has problems with that all the time, however.

I saw her play like that in Toronto.

I don't think clay is a weakness for her. She's won 2 clay titles. She beat Elena in Sarasota, last year.

If she can keep it together for 2 weeks, she's a serious threat.

goldenlox
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Clay isn't a problem. But every year at RG is the same result. It doesn't matter who Nastya plays.

- L i n a -
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:09 AM
Justine used to always lose early on US hardcourts, and look at this year.

Past results don't mean everything.

goldenlox
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:12 AM
I hope past results mean nothing. I want this to be the new, top 5 Nastya.
Then she loses again to Meghann.

- L i n a -
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:25 AM
Bad losses happen sometimes.

There's only 2 full-time players that win consistently over lower competition. There's 3 spots left.

goldenlox
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Nastya's last loss to Meghann was in Moscow. There's no way she forgets that.

- L i n a -
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:28 AM
That was over a year ago. Bovina used to actually be good then. Things change.

goldenlox
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Lena was good after Moscow 2003.

- L i n a -
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:42 AM
For the one week she wasn't "injured".

Anyway, Nastya thread.

This is a good time for Nastya to move up in the rankings. She only has her Sarasota, and a decent performance in Rome to defend until Wimbledon.

goldenlox
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:43 AM
I don't care about this loss because she had JHH next.
I do care that Nastya should have wanted to win this rematch. And she lost to a player she should beat.

- L i n a -
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:45 AM
We didn't see the match, though.

When Meghann is playing well, she is a Top 10 player.

I think you're reading too much into this loss...

This is a silly Tier 2.

goldenlox
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Nastya should want to beat this player. That's why I react this way.
Losing the round before JHH is okay. No biggie.

- L i n a -
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:48 AM
It's not like she didn't want to beat Meghann.

Nastya loses matches. She's human. Meghann is a good player.

~|Naomi|~
Feb 27th, 2004, 03:05 AM
About Roland Garros I agree with Evanescence ignore the past results, I'm not saying Anastasia is going to go out and win it but she can definately have a nice result like a QF afterall she has played well on clay with winning clay events, Look at Kim she had barely won a match on clay in her senior career then RG 2001 and she was in the final:eek: Anastasia can play on clay and she just has to turn up in Paris believing so and she is capable of good results.

Dissappointing loss to Shaughnessy have no idea how Shaughnessy played but in Australia she was shocking, making tonnes of errors. Perhaps she has picked her form up.
Good Luck next week Myskina:bounce:

goldenlox
Feb 27th, 2004, 04:08 AM
It's hard for me to be positive when Nastya loses again to Meghann, and at the same time, Sveta beats Venus 6-2, 6-3.
Nastya is better than this.

- L i n a -
Feb 27th, 2004, 04:47 AM
Sveta beat a weakened Venus. When Sveta is winning Moscow & Leipzig, give me a call.